5.6

1. Aug 3, 2012
    This is a fantastic expantion to the game. Die hard large scale battlefield players might be dissapointed, but the number one game type played online are small scale battles. BF3 players have voted over whelmingly for these types of maps based on the games they play. EA and DICE have delivered what the majority of players wanted and did it a million times better then any COD game.
  2. Jun 17, 2012
    For a themed expansion this hits the nail on the head. With close quarters you recive four new maps and ten new weapons. The maps themself are very well done, clean and tactical ( if you have a squad or buddies that run with you.) If your like me and fly solo for the most part its still very enjoyable. The problems with the previous small maps that BF3 has where its very tight areas andFor a themed expansion this hits the nail on the head. With close quarters you recive four new maps and ten new weapons. The maps themself are very well done, clean and tactical ( if you have a squad or buddies that run with you.) If your like me and fly solo for the most part its still very enjoyable. The problems with the previous small maps that BF3 has where its very tight areas and only three ways to get there is not a problem with CQ. With many flanking routes upper and lower areas and the mini map not giving away your position if your on a different floor you can flank and outflank the other team. A lot of people have been worried about the lower number of players (16) on the CQ game modes but its not an issue at all. The maps have outstanding flow and are set up for combat you will butt heads with the other team.The maps are much bigger then you would think also its not all corner camping and claymores. So feel free to get that 8x scope out and enjoy. Next I will touch on the premium service. I have it myself and think its worth it. Think of it more as a subscription where you get everything that is BF3 execpt for skill. If you dont have Back to Karkand yet its even more of a value at 10$ a map pack. If not then it averages out to be about 13$ for CQ and the next three to yet be released. Still a value. So if you plan on owning them all this is the way to go. If not then I sugest to pick and choose which ones you think you'll like. If I had to give Premium a score I would give it a 8 out of 10 for value and fun little stuff like camo, weapon camo, videos (which can be found on YouTube shortly after release) server priority and monthly events to take part in. So if you plan on having BF3 live inside your xbox like it does mine hit premium up you won't be disappointed. Expand
  3. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just recently purchased the DLC Close Quarters for Battlefield 3 and I absolutely love it. At first I didn't think I would enjoy it because of how "Close Quarters," The maps really are but they are laid out just right so that you aren't able to chuck a grenade and kill someone randomly. The fact that you can shoot pretty much anything and it will be destroyed is just awesome you couldn't ask for anything more. The new game modes I also love just this hole DLC has a good feel to it. If you are thinking about buying this DLC I would highly recommend it. Some things I didn't like so much was that some of these maps and they way they are played reminds me to much of Call Of Duty, because of how people are running around like crazy. But I guess that's gonna happen when you put a bunch of us video game freaks in a confined space with big guns! But all in all I love this DLC, I look forward to buying them all and I hope you all do to.

I also wanna give a shout out to all the troops who are fighting for us and who are actually fighting everyday and I just want to thank you if any of you all look at these reviews.
  4. Nov 1, 2012
    This is a fresh expansion on the normally big BF maps, because the maps in Close Quarters are very small and gives you a lot more action. For 4 maps 15 euro's is maybe too much but it's definitely fun to play on small maps instead of the other big maps.
  5. Jun 26, 2012
    Its does a very good job at what it claims to do, that is fast paced intense gun play. And it's nice to dip into every now and then for a change of pace, but its not why i play Battlefield. Mindless run and gun is COD's area of expertise. Also the map scrap metal has very little destruction as per Battlefields claim to fame.
  6. Mar 27, 2013
    I like that they've brought out a close quarters pack in this game. These maps are very small and tight so the action is very fast even with 16 plays and you will end up running into enemies throughout and you should try throwing C4s over the flags sometimes. However, 1200 MS Points is a rip off for small maps especially in Battlefield and I'm sure they weren't difficult to make. TheyI like that they've brought out a close quarters pack in this game. These maps are very small and tight so the action is very fast even with 16 plays and you will end up running into enemies throughout and you should try throwing C4s over the flags sometimes. However, 1200 MS Points is a rip off for small maps especially in Battlefield and I'm sure they weren't difficult to make. They introduced Gun Master, it's a good game, but in Battlefield 3 it has 3 problems: I know Battlefield is about team work but Gun Master is not a team game and is absolutely not appropriate for team, it doesn't hurt to take out teams. I don't like that the winning kill is the knife, should be XBOW. This is not Call of Duty were you can simply run up to people and knife them dead in 1 swing. And the most important problem is that it puts you on games in progress even on Gun Master, even if the top player has not progressed far, it would still be too difficult to catch up because you did not play from the start and it's just not right or fair, DICE did not think about this. So, the weapons from assignments that comes with this expansion are great and an important add on to gameplay, Conquest has been altered to flag-capture faster but Gun Master is pretty screwed up. Scrap Metal is fun, and so is Ziba Tower, but it would of been much better if it was put in nighttime, Operation 925 is good and I don't like Donya Fortress. Instead of Donya Fortress, they should of done a really big close-quarters map, where it is still close up like these, but really big and has a lot more players. Expand
  7. Jul 6, 2012
    Was disappointed with this DLC on the 360. I knew this was supposed to be fast-paced infantry based gameplay, but in my opinion it just didn't hit the mark. Wish I hadn't bothered wasting my money on it. I wasn't impressed with the visuals (from what I saw) although to be fair I didn't play for that long. BF just doesn't do this type of game play as good as COD. My tip. Don't bother.
  8. Jul 1, 2012
    This map pack doesn't really suit my tastes, small scale warfare like this is not the reason I play BF and it also emphasises a lot of problems that have already been established in Battlefield 3 such as the overuse of shotguns and players milking the medic class for points. Also, the new gun master gametype does not make sense if you are joining in progress, you are unlikely to do well inThis map pack doesn't really suit my tastes, small scale warfare like this is not the reason I play BF and it also emphasises a lot of problems that have already been established in Battlefield 3 such as the overuse of shotguns and players milking the medic class for points. Also, the new gun master gametype does not make sense if you are joining in progress, you are unlikely to do well in gun master using this method and the gametype may change going into the next match, this means you are probably better off renting your own server which would cost yet more money. In a similar vein, I do not understand why this map pack should be worth 1200 MS points, usually you would pay that kind of money for a BF map pack because they are large scale, it seems to me that you should be paying less for something that is clearly less like we see in the CQ map pack, but I guess BF considers itself eligible to overprice its DLC now just like COD does. On the positive side, the assignments continue to be intriguing and brings the game a lot of replay ability, this expansion gets a 4 because of this and because I generally enjoy Battlefield's core mechanics, but in the long-term it doesn't add much to the overall game. Expand
  9. Jun 26, 2012
    Like so many others the quality of this dlc plays 2nd place to the business model adopted by EA. Battlefield 2 was a great game. Battlefield 3 has become a cash cow. The customer buys the game.. pays for xbox live membership... now they have to pay to rent a server...EA having no respect for their customers. Its s short sighted business model. I wont be buying this. I wont be buyingLike so many others the quality of this dlc plays 2nd place to the business model adopted by EA. Battlefield 2 was a great game. Battlefield 3 has become a cash cow. The customer buys the game.. pays for xbox live membership... now they have to pay to rent a server...EA having no respect for their customers. Its s short sighted business model. I wont be buying this. I wont be buying another battlefield game. Expand

1. Jul 24, 2012
    A finely constructed distraction for BF fans, but won't hold their attention for long. [Sept 2012, p.101]
    A high-speed change of pace. [Aug 2012, p.117]
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    Sadly, Close Quarters is a perfect example of a "Call of Duty wannabe". This is a carbon copy of the popular FPS, disguised as a simple DLC. Even the game modes are the same. The lack of original ideas is sad, but it isn't enough to crush a good experience. The maps are interesting and if you're looking for something different from the original (and awesome) Battlefield gameplay, you could give it a try.