7.4

Mixed or average reviews- based on 2091 Ratings

1. Oct 27, 2011
    This game suffers greatly from some very poor design choices but let me first get the campaign out of the way. It is visually pleasing but not much else. Multiplayer is where the design flaws hurt the most. The maps are absolutely huge which would be great if there were more than 24 players per game. That is not a dice flaw but what is a dice flaw is that proning exists. There is no reasonThis game suffers greatly from some very poor design choices but let me first get the campaign out of the way. It is visually pleasing but not much else. Multiplayer is where the design flaws hurt the most. The maps are absolutely huge which would be great if there were more than 24 players per game. That is not a dice flaw but what is a dice flaw is that proning exists. There is no reason for proning in this game, it basically makes it impossible to find anyone in team deathmatch and you almost always get killed by some guy proning hidden away. Next there is absolutely to ways to deal with a camper in this game. The explosives in this game are unrealistically weak so you basically just have to try to run into where they are camping and use fast reflexes to kill them....but this never works. So team deathmatch is not a viable option in this game. Conquest is far too big of a game for 24 players so it is very slow paced and vehicles are useless. Which leads me to another point: they don't have jet/heli tutorials in the game. Rush is the only reasonalbe mode to play but it is always better to be on the defending team than the opposing as it is also ridden with campers. A lot of people will try to justify these annoyances by claiming that it is realistic.....the campaign says otherwise. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2011
    Baddest Battlefield ever made, too many arcade feature making him more similar to mw, map are ridicolous small, nothing similar with previous Battlefield except the name and the presence of vehicle.
  3. Oct 25, 2011
    I dont know how this could meet...let alone EXCEED ANYONES expectations??? Piece of Crap...I feel totally ripped off. This game was hyped as being the best thing since sliced bread. Personally Id rather have the bread!! The controls are soggy and slow and the framerate is horrible!!! MAYBE 20 frames per second?I get killed by people I cant even see, then I respawn and I am stuck in theI dont know how this could meet...let alone EXCEED ANYONES expectations??? Piece of Crap...I feel totally ripped off. This game was hyped as being the best thing since sliced bread. Personally Id rather have the bread!! The controls are soggy and slow and the framerate is horrible!!! MAYBE 20 frames per second?I get killed by people I cant even see, then I respawn and I am stuck in the ground!! I knew I should have cancelled my preorder when I played the beta. Nut I had faith that DICE would fix them. I cant get over all the bugs, and frankly it really doesnt look good. What happened to that new fangled "frostbite" engine that everyone said was going to make this super awesome? FAIL! LIE!! FAIL!!!! The single player mission is a joke... I literally have nothing positive to say. I should have gone with my gut feeling and stuck with Modern Warfare3. I wonder if Bestbuy will take a return based on the game being garbage?

Summary... save your money! EA you have let me down again...and for the last time.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    Bad game...framerate is terrible (play batman, then switch to this and you'll see what I mean), single player is boring, servers have a hard time accepting connections, and then when you finally get in you're playing in a blue colored world where the maps are too large for the number of players. Already listed it on eBay - don't waste your money.
  5. Oct 25, 2011
    Very big let down. The campaign is horribly boring which we all already know and agree on. I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer either. I seem glitches, jerky and hard to locate enemies on the map. The graphics are nothing special. Vehicle don't make up for quality 1v1 shooting. Alot of BF3 fanboy will be happy with my review, but it is just my opinion. Their are many better shooters out their.
  6. Oct 26, 2011
    I have always felt that the game search, squads and just overall online play was complex and discouraging... but now with dedicated servers it can be hard to find a hardcore game to join. As a matter of fact I have yet to connect to one. The default game search or Quick Match is for core (non-hardcore). First day was kicked countless times from EA servers. Half the time it would just sitI have always felt that the game search, squads and just overall online play was complex and discouraging... but now with dedicated servers it can be hard to find a hardcore game to join. As a matter of fact I have yet to connect to one. The default game search or Quick Match is for core (non-hardcore). First day was kicked countless times from EA servers. Half the time it would just sit there and freeze. After several minutes the only way out was to reset xbox or sign out my profile to make the game exit out to main menu. I experienced a lot of lag as well. I will say I am glad that they added game chat as an option - instead of being able to only chat with your squad, big improvement. Now if we could just get people to actually talk and try to work as a team... but that's not the game's fault. Now on to game play. I am very disappointed by the planes. No airspeed or altitude read out. I am not sure if my plane has been glitching or stalling. I have tried to stall at low speeds just flying level and the plane will not stall out. But I have not been able to figure out if there is a ceiling you stall out at or not. When I have flown high in the A-10 it seems to stall at higher altitude, but the plane won't fall. It just keeps flying up and straight not responding to any controls until I fly OOB and get killed (bad luck). Other than that, the game is almost the same as BF2BC. Some new stuff, but nothing that makes me say wow.

Overall I feel like it was a waste of money to buy this game and I will definitely be using it for trade in credit toward MW3.
  7. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnectedThis game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected from because of the servers. Last time I checked, they were down. The graphics (even with HD upgrade download) are just horrendous. Gameplay is the typical BF gameplay. Controls are jumpy. I can't truly depict how poorly this game was made. It might be true that the graphics on the PC version are terrific (for those that can afford the graphics card), but the xbox version is just pathetic.

8. Nov 14, 2011
    Too much hype over a game that is almost similiar to bad company 2. Not much of an improvement in graphics and the campaign was terrible. I honestly dont even play this game anymore. 2/10
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is terrible!

This game is terrible!

DICE game us the same crap once again. The campaign is awful, don't kid yourselves. This game is designed for destructible environments, yet the campaign is on a staged path and is poorly done. You feel nothing for the characters and the story isn't good enough to keep people interested in completing the 5 hour campaign. Moving onto multiplayer.... UNLIMITED mortar ruins the game, its so stupid. When the game came out this wasn't a problem. However, now every has one or a maxed out gun. So dumb. I went back to BF2 after 10 hours of playtime. Everyone and their grandma camps the jet spawn or fails to use team work. Then you have good old EA forcing players to sign up for their bull crap social network services. They want your contact and personal info, even though you want nothing to do with them. 0/10.
  10. Aug 14, 2012
    i wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seeni wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seen what a woman looks like, or know how to have a life then this tripe is for you. I can not recall a game online that didn't turn into spawn rape, you will spend your time dying as soon as you spawn only to have to wait to do it all over again. and Dice is making bf4 well all i can say shove it up your A*^. BF2142 was 10x the game this is, so was bf2. my advice is burn every copy you come across and spare the world anothe bland game. Expand
  11. Nov 4, 2011
    Overhyped, unpolished & unreliable servers provided by EA/DICE.

I really wanted this game to be good. After playing the BETA, I still kept my preorder, because I had faith that the developers would listen to us. But, as with BC2 & MoH, it was a let down, BF3 even more so. I do not buy BF games for their single player, so I did not care for it and does not affect my rating. As with
    Overhyped, unpolished & unreliable servers provided by EA/DICE.

But, as with BC2 & MoH, it was a let down, BF3 even more so.

As with every major BF release there have been many problems with the servers, to a point where the game is unplayable.

BF3 still feels unpolished, and there are numerous bugs that I could write a novel about.

Bottom line is, this game tries to cater for a broader audience and in the process alienating the core fans, people who play their games for years after the release.

Extremely disappointed. But maybe, just maybe, with a couple patches this 4 could turn into an 7.
  12. Oct 26, 2011
    that was all? graphically bad, you hardly see the opponent. everything looks the same from textures are lousy. The handling is terrible weapons including recoilless. The campaign is short and boring. a lousy piece of software.
  13. Oct 26, 2011
    What a let down. A step in the wrong direction when compared to even Bad Company 2. Servers are overloaded, lag, rubber banding, disconnects. This is just a bad PC port. Graphics don't look as nice as they should. Lens flares are excessive, dust and smoke blowing around for no reason on every map. The vehicle sounds are hardly great anymore, if the sound even plays.

The campaign is

The campaign is painful, seems like COD stories changed up. I don't like COD and hate to see this trying to follow it. Cheap deaths are constant in the campaign, and horrible auto save points. Boring cut scenes are common as well as sequences where you have little control over what happens but need to press buttons to execute an action.

If you're not a big fan wait for this to go on sale for the PC.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    Basically a 60 buck beta. Same issues. Cant join teams with friends. Voice is **** Glitches galore. Broken maps you can leave and run around outside the playing area. Flashlights that blind you in the day time. Really? Red lasers that blind you when not shined in youre eyes. Really? Like someone said why release old code if you have new code for the beta. They were lying the beta was theBasically a 60 buck beta. Same issues. Cant join teams with friends. Voice is **** Glitches galore. Broken maps you can leave and run around outside the playing area. Flashlights that blind you in the day time. Really? Red lasers that blind you when not shined in youre eyes. Really? Like someone said why release old code if you have new code for the beta. They were lying the beta was the new code cause its exactly what you got in the final product. Collapse
  15. Oct 27, 2011
    WTF!!! What happened?! I bought this game because i love the franchise. I also love the COD franchise as well. I'm a fan of both. So i'm not a COD "fanboy". This is coming from a BF follower as well. This is the Last time i trust hype over waiting for reviews. I already sold my copy which the money will now go to COD MW3. I think a 3 is being generous. At least i know MW3 will be good.WTF!!! What happened?! I bought this game because i love the franchise. I also love the COD franchise as well. I'm a fan of both. So i'm not a COD "fanboy". This is coming from a BF follower as well. This is the Last time i trust hype over waiting for reviews. I already sold my copy which the money will now go to COD MW3. I think a 3 is being generous. At least i know MW3 will be good. There hasnt been a terrible COD game.. ever. And i've played it since the beginning. Two words describe this game. Friggin BORING! Nothing wowed me, nothing got me to the edge of my seat. I didn't have those "holy sh--! moments like COD has. The jet flying absolutely bored me to death.,, the graphics aren't as good as i thought they would be. Some maps they are spot on, but some other maps, it looks like your playing a regular xbox title. The enemies look stupid and dull, no detail, no intelligence. I can't even see enemies far away but apparently they see me and start shooting just me. Why did it feel like i was the only one fighting in my squad? Cut scenes are boring and make no sense. The guns have no detail in them(they all looked the same to me, only with different sights and cross heirs) The explosions are real lame. It seemed like in single player, BF3 tried to hard to smite COD by copying them. I recall blatant attempts in single player to try to mimic some of the COD style of gameplay. Multiplayer didnt do it for me either. I figured, BF3's multiplayer must be better.. and it just wasn't. Nothing wowed me about that either. I'm not waiting for EA to fix the glitches and the server. They shouldn't have rushed it then. I wish they delayed it and worked on these things. I loved the BF franchise and this game made me miserable. I've never given COD a perfect ten, because even COD has a few things they could've done better with every game. But even saying that, COD still will be king of the war-shooters, and i'm sorry to say BF will still be second best. Sorry BF3 fans. I just couldnt put up with this shooter atrocity any longer. Expand
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    Oh dear. Never been so bored in a game. Single player is a joke, multiplayer is glitchy and
    Graphics slump badly. I wanted this to be the a COD killer, but it
    Just showed why its the best in class. Shame.
  17. Nov 9, 2011
    A game wanting to be the best in a genre it serisouly lags in. New engine was a nice try but a huge fail overall. Still nothing new in multiplayer. Same old vehicles, huge maps, boring game modes that are truly unrewarding.
  18. Nov 15, 2011
    Over hyped! This game is not a 10 and neither is COD. I would point out however that at least in COD the game runs smoother than this. This is entirely EAs fault, as for all the bf fanbois let me say I was a fan but this was a disappointment for multiplayer. The graphics are ok but they're not amazing, there's less destruction in this game vs bc2. The maps werent though out, why would youOver hyped! This game is not a 10 and neither is COD. I would point out however that at least in COD the game runs smoother than this. This is entirely EAs fault, as for all the bf fanbois let me say I was a fan but this was a disappointment for multiplayer. The graphics are ok but they're not amazing, there's less destruction in this game vs bc2. The maps werent though out, why would you have only 4 player classes in the game that look identical?

My score is based upon my experience with the game since release, the game is ultimately a failure, which could have been resolved in testing but it seems like they were more concerned with releasing it faster then COD.

4 out of 10. Even with a patch that solves really stupid things like blinding tactical lights (which IMO should have been and would have been addressed in testing or beta) to boosting and laggy servers. EA continually tries to reinvent the wheel, an example of this is origin, instead of just using a tried, tested and loved system (steam) as a distribution network..

Perhaps next time more attention will be out towards more than just making the visuals looks better or paying for good reviews and put toward actual testing of gameplay.
  19. Nov 8, 2011
    Good....Good...Let the butthurt flow through you. Seriously fan girls, whats wrong with you? Its not battlefield so it sucks. Same can be said the other way around.
  20. Oct 26, 2011
    First off, this game doesn't really deserve a 0 -- it's more to counteract all the fanboys who swear this is the greatest game ever. It's not. It's really about a 6.
    Anyhoo, while I think the graphics, environmental destruction and map size are impressive, honestly the framerate simply torpedos the whole thing. Movements are extremely herky-jerky because of it making shooting targets, especially those at range, far more difficult than it should be. Quite frankly, I have no idea why this doesn't bother EVERYONE. MW2 had a ton of problems but the ability to simply track a moving target smoothly and accurately was not one of them. Also, because of this, it makes seeing small movements at a distance almost impossible which is kinda important considering the sheer size of the maps. Also, there is a lack of feel with the gunplay... I don't feel connected to the weapons at all. It's sort of same way Black Ops failed but to a far larger degree. I really wanted to like this game and there are certain aspects I do like such as the teamwork needed to succeed but in the end, it's a hollow experience that falls short. Now I'm left crossing my fingers in hope that MW3 won't be the same kind of "run around in a circle shooting each other in the ass" quasi-Halo crapfest that Black Ops was.
  21. Nov 2, 2011
    Was looking forward to this, but it failed to live up to the hype. Why:
    - Campaign is really poor
    - Corrupt data. Lets start with the fact I and another person I know had the same problem, didn't save game properly and saved game corrupted. had to start again - Bad AI. Playing on hard, but as long as you don't get shot you really don't have to work too hard - Poorly scripted moments.
    Was looking forward to this, but it failed to live up to the hype. Why:
    - Campaign is really poor
    - Poorly scripted moments. Ran behind a car to take cover and shoot. Friendly soldier was scripted it turns out to be where I was so I got pushed into the open and shot
    - more poorly scripted moments. Ran up a street after a shoot out. Without warning got run over by a tank. Turns out you hit a point in the street and a tank appears on the left and bursts onto the street. No warning and no tolerance for what player might be doing... OMG
    - Poor environment. Most of the game is set in the dark and you have bright lights from cars and street lights in your eyes all the time. How do you see the environment and feel like you are in it. Just feels like this removes you a little. First time I have seen so many burnt out cars with their head lights still on full beam..

Poor poor game...
  22. Nov 8, 2011
    It has terrible single player mode and bad, empty spec ops mode. Multiplayer mode is full of campers. It has lots of unfixed bugs. Maps are not enough.
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    Feels like a cheap MW knockoff. The controls aren't as smooth as MW. Parts of the campaign are really boring. Technical issues up the wazoo. Been a great disappointment. Buy it in the bargain bin.
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Totally gutted! Got my copy and its unplayable for me. Play on HDTV with HDMI and have an enormous amount of 'controller' lag on both M/P and campaign. After trawling the net, many others experiencing same but by no means everyone. The game is completely unplayable for me. Its disgraceful! Always been a BF player. 4 out of ten and that's generous! Rapidly loosing faith in EA. Gave cod 5Totally gutted! Got my copy and its unplayable for me. Play on HDTV with HDMI and have an enormous amount of 'controller' lag on both M/P and campaign. After trawling the net, many others experiencing same but by no means everyone. The game is completely unplayable for me. Its disgraceful! Always been a BF player. 4 out of ten and that's generous! Rapidly loosing faith in EA. Gave cod 5 because at least I can play. I can play BF, but its so slow to carry out my input, I cant compete. Therefore, useless! Expand
  25. Oct 30, 2011
    On-line pass sucks. Single player campaign sucks. Cant access coop and play it single player without online pass which sucks. I hear some fans say "you have to remember its always been about the multiplayer focussed game". But personally I think its more correct to say, 'they USED to be only about MP'. Now it has a single player campaign too... Its not about what the past games have been,On-line pass sucks. Single player campaign sucks. Cant access coop and play it single player without online pass which sucks. I hear some fans say "you have to remember its always been about the multiplayer focussed game". But personally I think its more correct to say, 'they USED to be only about MP'. Now it has a single player campaign too... Its not about what the past games have been, its about what the current game is. And if they're shipping single player then folks who play it have every right to criticise it, if they don't like it. And imo, its far worse than any of the recent CoD / MW sp campaign's, which themselves were too linear and on-rails for my gaming tastes... .... I just hope that all these positive reviews don't cause any other publisher to look at BF3's reviews and think, "wow gamers really love that on-rails, linear Michael Bay lazy ass interactive movie **** Because I think most folks would agree, (even those that did only buy for MP and are enjoying the heck out of it) think its a complete waste of development time and money... Barely any of the reviews are taking into account the shoddy SP experience and that's a huge problem for the message it sends out to publishers, who're obviously going to churn more of that crap out because they know they can still get good review scores regardless. Expand
  26. Nov 9, 2011
    Just a pure letdown! First off I love the air vehicles, but they get boring fast since ground groups can take you down before you even take off some times. Secondly there are wayyyyyyyy to many noobs on this game, campers, people who rely on flashlight blinding and an ever lasting supply of rockets. I know your rockets run down but when they re spawn from camping in a building, round aJust a pure letdown! First off I love the air vehicles, but they get boring fast since ground groups can take you down before you even take off some times. Secondly there are wayyyyyyyy to many noobs on this game, campers, people who rely on flashlight blinding and an ever lasting supply of rockets. I know your rockets run down but when they re spawn from camping in a building, round a corner, whatever and wherever they will noob you off again. Thirdly the spawn system, I can't even count as high as the number of times I have died .100th of a second after spawning. While I love big maps it simply doesn't work, the character movement is slow, the objective is soo far away (if you don't want to die on squad spawning) and by the time you get there (after driving a sluggish controlling vechical) your visit is stopped by the same campers. Rarely I have met a good player, and if there was one it's on a Mao where we will only meet once or twice because the campers will block our paths. Sadly a let down as I was really hoping this would be good even after the terrible beta. Single player graphics seem to too the MP even with the hd install. Just bad unfortunatlley. Campers, noob attachments, rocket warfare, with pointless objectives as either team are superglued 2-3 foot away from them and don't budge for the full length of the game. And yes to avoid objectives you can play TDM but then the maps shout out camp and it's just horrible. A lot worse then bad company 2 IMHO and I think bc2 is only good on ps3 NOT 360, for some reason play station players play bc2 well unlike the Xbox noobs. I love my Xbox I'm not bad mouthing it, just for some reason on the ps3 version if bc2 it is a lot better online. Not a cod fanboy one bit. Read my other reviews! Both games this year BF3 and MW3 sucked mega balls! Roll on saints row 3 and assassins creed revelations. Expand
  27. Oct 27, 2011
    Look, for those of that are disappointing in the single player, you don't know **** about Battlefield. It's 100% a multiplayer game. That aside, I haven't even got a chance top play this game long enough to say anything about it. The servers keep crashing, which is super annoying. EA/Dice WTF are you thinking releasing the so called best game ever with ****ty EA servers..................Look, for those of that are disappointing in the single player, you don't know **** about Battlefield. It's 100% a multiplayer game. That aside, I haven't even got a chance top play this game long enough to say anything about it. The servers keep crashing, which is super annoying. EA/Dice WTF are you thinking releasing the so called best game ever with ****ty EA servers.................. When I did get to play, the game is awesome, but that is over shadowed by the constant server problem. If you like playing full games, then this game is not for you, but if you enjoy crashing and lag, this 100% for you. I can't believe I spent the money Expand
  28. Nov 4, 2011
    Oh EA, so sure that this game would destroy Modern Warfare 3 if only it was true. First off the graphics in this game is amazing for a console, wonderful lighting effects and detail (With the HD pack). The sound quality of the guns and recoil is my favourite part of the game, it feels great to shoot a gun in this game. All very impressive visuals and sound but when it comes to campaign,Oh EA, so sure that this game would destroy Modern Warfare 3 if only it was true. First off the graphics in this game is amazing for a console, wonderful lighting effects and detail (With the HD pack). The sound quality of the guns and recoil is my favourite part of the game, it feels great to shoot a gun in this game. All very impressive visuals and sound but when it comes to campaign, that's where everything goes wrong. The story takes itself too seriously, the boring jet ride, repetitive gameplay, just another story about USA vs Russia as if we haven't seen that before..."It doesn't matter!" A fanboy cried out "Graphics and Multiplayer Rock!". Ah, Multiplayer which is the best part of the game, I had fun with the beta but it went me tell you this. I can't play on Multiplayer, why? Because the code didn't work and I contacted Amazon and they contacted EA and EA said they said I will have to Buy it for 800 MSP. As if. The code's are getting pretty pathetic, at least in Bad Company 2 I could play online without the code but I won't get the free maps, I'm happy with that. This game is a huge disappointment. I regret ever buying this game. I'd hate to say this fanboy's, but when It comes to campaign, MW3 will win that one. Expand
  29. Oct 27, 2011
    Rented this game. Pretty excited about it, and wanted to give it a try before buying. Played the beta and was not impressed, but willing to give it another chance. So, ready for some multiplayer action, put the disc in the tray and fired it up...and...learned that it would cost me another $10, just to play multiplayer because I had rented and not purchased new. W...T...F? Pretty annoyed atRented this game. Pretty excited about it, and wanted to give it a try before buying. Played the beta and was not impressed, but willing to give it another chance. So, ready for some multiplayer action, put the disc in the tray and fired it up...and...learned that it would cost me another $10, just to play multiplayer because I had rented and not purchased new. W...T...F? Pretty annoyed at this point, but thought I would try single player campaign instead. Stupid button mashing events, some non-spectacular firefights, and then the game stopped. I was trapped on a roof with my team, and the game just stopped progressing. The objective stated "Defend squad members" or something like that, but nothing happened for about 20 minutes, everyone just sat there and I couldn't find anyone to shoot. Stupid glitch I guess, but at this point so fed up and irritated I turned the game off and went back to Forza 4. Awesome game, btw. Highly recommend Forza 4. Definitely cannot recommend Battlefield 3. Expand
  30. Nov 1, 2011
    Somebody needs to give this game a proper review. Basically every review from the pro's have been saying that same thing. That basically 2/3 of the game is of no use and that the multiplayer is being plagued by connection issues yet the game gets a rating of 90+? In what world does that make any sense?
  31. Nov 8, 2011
    Bad game, its community is full of socially deprived, deluded virgins who think there's a war between games. They're just compensating because they've never accomplished anything..
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected fromThis game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected from because of the servers. Last time I checked, they were down. The graphics (even with HD upgrade download) are just horrendous. Gameplay is the typical BF gameplay. Controls are jumpy. I can't truly depict how poorly this game was made. It might be true that the graphics on the PC version are terrific (for those that can afford the graphics card), but the xbox version is just pathetic. The game was overhyped...and now people are starting to realize why EA refused to let the game be reviewed before release. Expand
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    Realistic...kinda. Fun...not at all. Slow getting started, menus are convoluted, weapon attachments are ridiculous, and the game modes re the same uninspired drivel with the same boring rush and conquest modes without adding any of the fun modes we have come to expect from shooters. I know there are hipsters out there who will fight to the end for this game because it isn't as popular asRealistic...kinda. Fun...not at all. Slow getting started, menus are convoluted, weapon attachments are ridiculous, and the game modes re the same uninspired drivel with the same boring rush and conquest modes without adding any of the fun modes we have come to expect from shooters. I know there are hipsters out there who will fight to the end for this game because it isn't as popular as other titles out there (Skyrim, MW3, Batman)...but they are the same people who will turn on the game if it ever sold 3 million copies in the opening weekend. It's too bad that with all of the fun games released this year, the fanboys from this game are out there trying to attack user scores for games they have never played. Expand
  34. Nov 13, 2011
    This game really isn't worth a review, but I will sacrifice 3 minutes of my time to chime in. Call of Duty killer? That's a laugh! EA needs their heads examined. Pros: 1) I got good trade in $ at Gamestop for MW3. Cons: 1) Same ol, same ol. The maps are too big to generate the type of pacing and excitement to make the game addictive. You have to love spawning at the beginning of a gameThis game really isn't worth a review, but I will sacrifice 3 minutes of my time to chime in. Call of Duty killer? That's a laugh! EA needs their heads examined. Pros: 1) I got good trade in $ at Gamestop for MW3. Cons: 1) Same ol, same ol. The maps are too big to generate the type of pacing and excitement to make the game addictive. You have to love spawning at the beginning of a game and having to run 500 yards to get to the flag targets only to get sniped and then you have to do it all over again. What fun! 2) Great move putting maps on the console versions that were made for 64 players and only letting 24 layers play on them. I took coffee breaks between enemy sightings. 3) Campaign is not only weak, it is pathetic, ridiculous, and boring. 4) Can't practice flying jets other than in multiplayer matches. 5) Not enough modes of gameplay to generate replay value. Do yourself a favor and skip this game completely. Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    A lot of fuss over nothing. OK, the campaign is NOT something you'd ever buy a BF title for, but the MP is no great shakes either. However, it fairs slightly better than MW3, but not by much. As with MW3, a waste of cash IMHO, so I'll be looking to trade when something decent comes out. A bargain basement buy at least.
  36. Oct 28, 2011
    I'm giving this game a 5 today, but this score may change in the future. 5 is a low score, yes, but let me explain why. First the single player is short, but entertaining. Co-op is fun but... this game is about multiplayer, multiplayer is f'n amazing. And here is where it falls off the rails. Multiplayer is massive and highly detailed with huge maps, many vehicles and teamwork and realI'm giving this game a 5 today, but this score may change in the future. 5 is a low score, yes, but let me explain why. First the single player is short, but entertaining. Co-op is fun but... this game is about multiplayer, multiplayer is f'n amazing. And here is where it falls off the rails. Multiplayer is massive and highly detailed with huge maps, many vehicles and teamwork and real tactics rule the day. Yes a TDM mode is included but this is a watered down mode thrown in to attract CoD players. Everything you learned in CoD is wrong and will hurt you in this game. Single player and Co-op will teach you absolutely nothing in the way of skills that will apply in multiplayer. The online ranking system is FUBAR, you have noobs thrown into the meat grinder with uber players. And the number one reason I'm giving this game a low score is that it is completely unfriendly and uncaring to the casual/new player. I can't begin to explain how massive a single multiplayer maps is. And the game developers gave us all a huge "F You" by not including the ability to play private matches. This one simple feature would do wonders for allowing player to improve their game play, to learn the maps, to practice with planes and helicopter without screwing up online games for other players.

This is an amazing game. Graphic 100, best I have seen. Sound 100, simply amazing. Detailed well thought out multiplayer, Very fun Single player and Co-op. But with a multiplayer as detailed as this, with such a huge emphasis on teamwork and tactic it is extremely unfriendly to new/casual player that don't have 8 hours a day to devote to playing this game. If you are new to this style of play, you will be frustrated and I suggest you wait for the next MW installment.
  37. Nov 8, 2011
    Boring. Everyone agrees, even the fanboys that the campaign mode is terrible. Multiplayer is a little better, but the graphics are weak and gameplay is slow. I sold my copy on ebay and have been enjoying the game of the year....COD MW3. Take it from a soldier, COD MW3 as good as it gets!
  38. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is just p[lain disappointing for all the hype it received and I have played BF since 1942 and I am not at all impressed! Graphics don't make the game, game play and solid controls make the game and this lacks both!
  39. Nov 9, 2011
    Piece of junk and insult for BF fans.Totally overhyped game.

- burn out contrast/bloom/hdr and no way to town it down - it hurts yours eyes and its impossible to spot enemies which look most of the time like background or like your teammates, people shot you out of nowhere from pitch black shadows - blinding lights from sun - lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers - very
    Piece of junk and insult for BF fans.Totally overhyped game.

- blinding lights from sun - lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers - very annoying and lame
    - tiny maps with chokepoints
    - soldiers and vehicles move too fast
    - autohealing for vehicles, unlimited ammo
    - recon useless - no camouflage for recon, silly scope flare giving your position away
    - ugly gray/bluish color cast on some maps
    - env. not as destructive as in BC2

Most of maps are tiny, graphics is ugly(contrast bloom hdr way over the top) and hurts your gameplay and eyes, difficult to spot enemies because of too much contrast and and too dark shadows.I was big BF series fan owned BF2,BF2142,BFBC2 but BF3 totally sucks, tiny maps make you feel you play Unreal Tournmanet and not battlefield.Disappointment of the year :(
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Bargain bin buy if in the future there is a dry spell in gaming. Multiplayer is about as entertaining as that stick with the rubber ball attached to it, single player is a bbad knock off of Call of Duty's Black Ops campaign, and their co-op has got to be worst feature of all. Also the BF community is full of immature children. Boo yahh trolls!
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a complete let down, the graphics took a back seat, the multiplayer is laggy and clunky,and the story mode is a rip off from black ops. Don't believe the reviews and save your money, rent it and experience it for yourself. Not to mention the servers suck, i hope EA gets their act together next time.
  42. Nov 9, 2011
    The single player way overwhelmed...the multiplayer has its moments...but the vehicles sometimes sap the fun out of the game. the gun play is a positive but it would be better if the game moved at 60 frames per second like the computer version.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was crap. The campaign was boring. Controls were terrible. Graphics look 5 years old. Multiplayer is full of campers and 12 year olds who get their team killed. The biggest problem is by far the controls. There is huge latency in response and the jumps around, instead of moving smoothly. If they fixed this one thing I would be much more inclined to play it. I haven't beenThis game was crap. The campaign was boring. Controls were terrible. Graphics look 5 years old. Multiplayer is full of campers and 12 year olds who get their team killed. The biggest problem is by far the controls. There is huge latency in response and the jumps around, instead of moving smoothly. If they fixed this one thing I would be much more inclined to play it. I haven't been impressed with anything EA puts out though and with them gobbling up all the smaller game developers, they are ruining the gaming industry by putting out half-assed games. Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Unfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technicalUnfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technical deficiencies is even more obvious. Mainly clipping is a issue where you can be shoot because from you point of view you are in cover, while you opponent has an unobstructed view for a kill. If you are new to the first person military shooters there are other more balanced games available. Expand
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    This game just can't live up to what everyone expected. The visuals might be great, but that's all...
    The singeplayer campain is a bad thing. Not the epic action as you would expect. Also there are a lot of bugs in this game. There are even some parts of the campain that have been ripped straight from Call Of Duty! And then Battlefield 3 said: Above and Beyond the Call.. but Modern Warfare 3 has sold over 2 times the copies of Battlefield 3. So beat that. Also there is just a lack of multiplayer modes. The maps are way to large, and it makes the gameplay slow. I think that even the singleplayer and multiplayer of Bad Company was better then the whole Battlefield 3 game.
  46. Nov 10, 2011
    Didn't buy the game because the reviews described it as average and incredibly buggy, I am only giving this game a zero because of the battlefield fans giving MW3 zeros which is by far a better game made by developers far far more talented than DICE. Also I like multiplayer thats fun and requires huge amounts of skill like Halo.
  47. Nov 10, 2011
    Looks good, but sucks! The single player campaign is laughable, and the only decent aspect is the multiplayer. The rest of the game is garbage, or typical EA quality!
  48. Nov 10, 2011
    looks grate but the game is bad
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    JOKE SERIOUS graphics are bfbc2 on ps3 on PC OK
    but game play same the campaign was 3 hours long wtf multiplayer is horrible with campers in bushes and pistols kill machines its irratates me but graphics saved this game co op 6 missions boring and ridiculous
  50. Nov 12, 2011
    Re-hashed BFBC:2. nothing new and innovative here folks. Same game, new name!! Everyone says MW3 is bad, this takes home first place in the crap department. At least in MW3 the enemy can be found, they aren't under the map or in a bush hiding like a sissy!
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    Plain boring game. Vehicles are just for kids that doesnt know how to play and they are made so they could get kills. As a starcraft competetive player, i hate also poor balance of the game.
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    Don't know what but just couldn't get into this game, i just felt that the hype that surrounded the game and the fact it was meant to be a COD killer just didn't come to me, Yes the game has great graphical advances in some areas with the additional HD package you have to install but other then that its nothing that special, the campaign seems very Black Ops with the interrogation andDon't know what but just couldn't get into this game, i just felt that the hype that surrounded the game and the fact it was meant to be a COD killer just didn't come to me, Yes the game has great graphical advances in some areas with the additional HD package you have to install but other then that its nothing that special, the campaign seems very Black Ops with the interrogation and merging in and out of story. this game looks like its heading into more a simulation then a fun FPS which if it is they should vouch for that not compete with COD each have their own positives however i just never got them in this game. Expand
  53. Nov 25, 2011
    Registered for the sole reason to give this game the score it deserves. I've only played the multiplayer, so my opinion in based only on the MP part. I played Halo3, Reach, MW and MW2. In all these games, I had a K/D ratio in the range of 1,7 -> 2,5. I just mention this to tell, that I'm pretty decent. I enjoyed the before mentioned games, even in the learning stages (where you get to knowRegistered for the sole reason to give this game the score it deserves. I've only played the multiplayer, so my opinion in based only on the MP part. I played Halo3, Reach, MW and MW2. In all these games, I had a K/D ratio in the range of 1,7 -> 2,5. I just mention this to tell, that I'm pretty decent. I enjoyed the before mentioned games, even in the learning stages (where you get to know the maps, the guns, etc). In this case however, I did not have a single moment of joy, despite playing 10hrs. Maps are huge, if you don't want to sit in a tank, then you have to run 500m to reach a target destination. When you get there, you are either going to get sniped or gunned down by a tank. Oh, of course, huge map, small number of player (24 on a map designed for 60+? really? ), lots of running, not much shooting -> you get the picture. I mean come on. How can anybody play a shooter game where you have maps, where you can hardly even see 9 enemy players, let alone kill them? Small maps:
    Just a few words to describe the feeling. Mortar, prone, camping, lens flare, dust, tanks (you simply have to have tanks on small maps ). Isn't this the recipe of enjoyment? Well, it may be, but not for me. Rubbish game.
    I gave it a 1, because you can sprint more in this game, than in Viva Pinata: Party Animals.
  54. Dec 26, 2011
    This game is a piece of **** if you don't have xbox live. Yeah, the xbox live is all right, but the campaign is a waste of time. Not to mention that the game has to load every freaking time you die, a total pain in the ass. I don't want to have to spend anymore, but I guess I'm going to need xbox live to make this game remotely fun.
  55. Oct 28, 2011
    I pretty much spent $60 on just one disc because I only play campaign and I must say its very disappointing. I don't want to spoil anyone but seriously? Another story like this? This is like 4,5years ago where every shooters were about shooting Nazis, now we got these shooters that we shoot Russian all the time, and the story is just another we got to stop these evil russian thing.I pretty much spent $60 on just one disc because I only play campaign and I must say its very disappointing. I don't want to spoil anyone but seriously? Another story like this? This is like 4,5years ago where every shooters were about shooting Nazis, now we got these shooters that we shoot Russian all the time, and the story is just another we got to stop these evil russian thing. Without installing the HD texture the graphic looks worst than original bad company if you look closely to some object. Expand
  56. Nov 7, 2011
    Single Player- definitely not worth the space on the disk. Uninspired, short and not engaging. If you want to buy this game for single player, just rent it and you will be glad you made that choice. Very little replay value.

Multiplayer- the main thing for me is that the maps feel like they were designed for big 64 player PC battles. On XBox it feels a little slow and uninspiring with so few players per map. Player movement is also slightly sluggish- with less customisation, the inability to leave a table at the end of the match and some early server issues proving to be frustrating. For BFBC2 fans, expect less destructibility and (IMO) graphics too..

Multiplayer can still be fun, however it just doesn't seem like it has a lot of long term appeal.

All in all I would recommend to hire before you buy, and also to try the PC version in lieu of the console version(s).
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    LAUGHABLE AT BEST. this game wasn't worth renting. imagine a fat 13 year old with one year of tae kwon do training once a week fighting fedor emelianenko, thats how this game compares to modern warfare 3. i'm serious, i cannot even put into words how much of an embarassing failure this game is.
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    fail game is fail. nothing like bf2, exactly like bfbc2. how is this a good game? I played this game over a year ago when it was first released as bfbc2.
  59. Nov 9, 2011
    Not impressed at all! EA servers rubbish as usual and the maps are too big for just 24 players. The story is short and massively boring. I would rather play BF2, personally i liked the maps and story more. This game is getting traded in soon as, shame as i was looking forward to this and is a let down. It only got a 3 because i liked BF2 and thats stopped it being a zero.
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    So what's the deal w/blue screens and corrupted save data? whats the deal w/the sound cutting out or disappearing all together? Also what about noob tubing and other noob equipment? How can my enemies shoot me around corners and through concrete walls? How come when I try to adjust the brightness every which wayI still can't seem to see my enemies especially on an HD tv no less?? HonestlySo what's the deal w/blue screens and corrupted save data? whats the deal w/the sound cutting out or disappearing all together? Also what about noob tubing and other noob equipment? How can my enemies shoot me around corners and through concrete walls? How come when I try to adjust the brightness every which wayI still can't seem to see my enemies especially on an HD tv no less?? Honestly i switched from COD to the BF franchise cuz I like BFBC2 and all the talk that BF3 was going to be the best game ever created and take down COD once and for all I actually believed it. I feel like such a sucker. I even convinced myself that the beta was a rough copy and that it would be ok but i was dead wrong. I'm so mad that i wasted my $ on this garbage. Thanks EA/DICE. The only game I will ever buy from you is ME3 and then i'm done. Tomorrow I'm trading in BF3 towards a copy of MW3. I just hope they'll forgive me for making a huge mistake Expand
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    MP is pretty fun, campaign sucked dick and EA has horrible costumer support so there you go take it or leave it i would wait until this game is $30
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    Many words before the release of the game. But finally, nothing special! A campaign boring, boring, boring,... Multiplayer goog but only 9 maps and only 4 interesting! Graphics good, ok! But its not the more important! Finally disappointing...
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons ofThis game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons of potential. Little bit of a disappointment, but hoping for a better game next time. Expand
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    I give it a two for effort. Graphics is nice thats about it. Big maps are nice but sniping camping and just long drawn out mp. I play mayne two mat hes and am bored. No excitement or feeling epic completion . Just another bf money taker. Returned day after purchase and i dont see why people like this franchise it boring its like madden just comes out with another game lil better graphicsI give it a two for effort. Graphics is nice thats about it. Big maps are nice but sniping camping and just long drawn out mp. I play mayne two mat hes and am bored. No excitement or feeling epic completion . Just another bf money taker. Returned day after purchase and i dont see why people like this franchise it boring its like madden just comes out with another game lil better graphics and through the year on it say buy me im the best. Geuss not. Expand
  65. Nov 13, 2011
    Again, a bunch of biased fanboy opinions giving the game full marks, I consider this game to have an alright storyline, but an absolutely boring multiplayer. I hate the fact that everyone rushes towards vehicles, snipers are everywhere, there is barely any movement between the two opposing teams and I can not help but say that MW3 has been found to be so much more fun with an alrightAgain, a bunch of biased fanboy opinions giving the game full marks, I consider this game to have an alright storyline, but an absolutely boring multiplayer. I hate the fact that everyone rushes towards vehicles, snipers are everywhere, there is barely any movement between the two opposing teams and I can not help but say that MW3 has been found to be so much more fun with an alright storyline and absolutely fantastic multiplayer. Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    Probably the greatest graphical breakthrough this year... However a complete fail on the campaign.... and in the multi-player, I just could'nt get to grips with, so its another fail..
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    wow where do i start absolutely **** campaign with one of the most broken unplayable multiplayer ever wow this was supposed to bring down cod lol do urself a favour and buy mw3 that is a real fps
  68. Nov 21, 2011
    AS BAD AS MW# AS BAD As MW3 as bad as MW3...................................................LAME I rather play a good creative game like Skyrim, zelda or catherine
  69. Jan 6, 2012
    Need to re-review after latest updates.

The game is a horrible broken mess. Despite there being a 2.07GB update, the server list is still broken, as it still displayes servers as not full when they are. Quick match still doesn't work, and when I do get a game on multiplayer it's laggy and then disconnects. The single player campaign was in fact very good. I really liked the story, and
    Need to re-review after latest updates.

The single player campaign was in fact very good. I really liked the story, and the graphics were mind blowingly good. (with the HD textures installed).

I have more issues. Even though I had the limited edition, and added my Back to Karkland DLC code, I did not get the DLC. I feel as if I was ripped off. Advice for parents, do not get your kids this game.
  70. Dec 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh boy, where do I start. Well, first off marketing. What you saw in the trailers is not what you get. The game is not good looking like in the trailers, neither is it fun. The graphics on the console version are horrible. I see flashing green screens, artifacts, you name it. The HUD in vehicles will disappear from time to time, making shooting impossibly hard. Spawn killing is too easy, especially in jets. AA locations are horrible, jets and helicopters regenerate flares too fast, when I shoot a missile at one, they immediately use flares and by the time I fire my second one, the flares are already back in the air. The map design is horrible, less destruction compared to BF BC2. Hardcore is not hardcore. Five m249 shots to the back do not seem to stop an enemy. When you manage to somehow magically get past the flares from jets, you get the message "Vehicle Disabled" on the screen. Well holy mother **** **** the jet turns around and shoots me. Really? I thought it was disabled. Disabled vehicles should not work like they're factory new. I think this game is a horrible mash up of Medal of Honor (2010) and BF:BC2. The campaign is as much of a blast as on Medal of Honor. It is not fun at all, it makes me want to shoot myself. Too many quick time events, nothing exciting happens and it is confusing as hell. The ending is what bothers me the most. It is the worst ending ever. All you do is press A or B with some RB in there and you have a **** fight with the enemy to stop a nuke in the center of New York. Also, where are the French soldiers? Typical shooter, you go in to a foreign country, but its only USA vs. Russia. The tanks in the game are trash. Somehow you can drift with them while you use the turbo boost. That is right, turbo boost. What a stupid idea. On the map Damavand Peak, there is a tunnel and on top of it there is a small mountain. If you even fly close to the mountain, you automatically commit suicide, even when you dont touch it. Too often in the game, somehow, I commit suicide while in either a jet or a helicopter and this is all at random times. If you think the game will be easy on multiplayer right off the bat, it is not. I got this game 1 month later than others and Jesus Christ is it bad. You start off with horrible weapons and gadgets, there is no way the beginning will be easy. You have to be lucky to even get a kill with your weapon. There is much more. Do not think I am a MW3 fan, MW3 is a big piece of fecal matter. I think DICE took the plunger to their **** on this game, they have pulled a "CoD" on me: they become famous, so they release a game that is waited world wide. This would MoH. MoH is the MW2 from dice and BF3 is the MW3. I think I will stick to BF:BC2, since it is fun. Oh, did I mention this game is bad? I could not even install it on my PC! I bought the game originally for my 1.5k gaming PC that was purpose built for gaming. All games run 100% error free, max settings. BF3 is a different story. I start the installation process and immediately I am greeted by an error. I managed to get to the main menu, when the game suddenly crashed and got an error. I think I had to battle through 50 errors to get to the game, just to be put down by another one. I returned it and got the 360 version. I do not recommend this game. Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2011
    It's a call of duty clone. The campaign is a short, 5 hour mess of quick time events, pointless multiple roles of characters, the extremely overused frame narrative, and an uneven pacing with no plot points that are very memorable. Ask anyone next year who the main characters are, and no one will be able to give you a name. Multiplayer is ok, but it's broken. Servers work probably 60-70%It's a call of duty clone. The campaign is a short, 5 hour mess of quick time events, pointless multiple roles of characters, the extremely overused frame narrative, and an uneven pacing with no plot points that are very memorable. Ask anyone next year who the main characters are, and no one will be able to give you a name. Multiplayer is ok, but it's broken. Servers work probably 60-70% of the time in my experience, and there's a glitch where you can exploit a broken mechanic in the game which is still in the framework of the games rules. EA's solution? Ban or stat wipe every possible suspect of using it, so hopefully you aren't a heavy user of the engineer class, the one that is able to use the glitch. Expand
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Maybe EA should have spent more time tuning the game rather than putting out ads to compete with Call of Duty. The hit detection in campaign is horrible, and the game locked up on 360 multiple times on the flying level. I just gave up trying to even play the campaign. The MP is very unbalanced. I don't want to play Deathmatch non-stop, but that is what you have to do to even be able toMaybe EA should have spent more time tuning the game rather than putting out ads to compete with Call of Duty. The hit detection in campaign is horrible, and the game locked up on 360 multiple times on the flying level. I just gave up trying to even play the campaign. The MP is very unbalanced. I don't want to play Deathmatch non-stop, but that is what you have to do to even be able to compete in the other game types. If you don't level your weapons up, then you will get owned in Rush and Conquest modes. Luckily for me I was able to lock in a $40 trade in at amazon for the game. The games looks and sounds great, but trying to play it is a completely different story. I have seen much of the same as other have reported with unresponsiveness. Also what is that it takes multiple head shots to take-down the AI in campaign. That is what I mean by horrible hit detection. This game feels like it was rushed out the door to make it to market before Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    Multiplayer is a complete rehash of the first game, looks good, but nothing new. The visuals are good but the gameplay leaves something to be desired.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Having always played both games, I can't help but feel that this is just a cheap knock-off. The campaign is the worst of its genre and the multiplayer is poorly designed in both the mechanics and the map design. I think I was expecting more. Its just not as fun as the CoD games. I played this until MW3 came out, but now I need to sell this on eBay and focus on achieving Prestige inHaving always played both games, I can't help but feel that this is just a cheap knock-off. The campaign is the worst of its genre and the multiplayer is poorly designed in both the mechanics and the map design. I think I was expecting more. Its just not as fun as the CoD games. I played this until MW3 came out, but now I need to sell this on eBay and focus on achieving Prestige in MW3. BTW, some people say the Multiplayer is more realistic. here is some news for you.....more realistic does not equal more fun or make it a better game. Enjoy. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Boring campaign. Slow multiplayer, looks terrible even after the texture download. Suprised they shipped this buggy mess with the stolen Black Op story rehashed.
  76. Nov 16, 2011
    The campaign sucks, and the multiplayer is simple awful, some would say that the graphics are great but simple is not worth it, and the framerate is terrible
  77. Nov 15, 2011
    Overall a VERY VERY disappointing game. The storyline of this is basically a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops but very very poorly done and not as intense. As for the multiplayer, it has gone downhill from bad company 2. Gameplay is a lot more biased with the vehicles, the physics used in bad company 2 where destruction is capable on almost anything has been down graded to that of a fewOverall a VERY VERY disappointing game. The storyline of this is basically a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops but very very poorly done and not as intense. As for the multiplayer, it has gone downhill from bad company 2. Gameplay is a lot more biased with the vehicles, the physics used in bad company 2 where destruction is capable on almost anything has been down graded to that of a few specific walls and scenery. To conclude, not a number 1 buy, do not bother. Good luck next time EA and DICE! Expand
  78. Nov 15, 2011
    sooo... i was playing BF 2.1 today and i decided to throw it away due to the lack of everyone playing having skill besides me, seriously. everyone playing BF 2.1 is all the BK's from MW3 that couldnt get a kill. its quite funny. this copy paste game is garbage, and im sure everyone agrees with me, and please, if you are one of the losers that couldnt get a kill on cod so you play BF 2.1sooo... i was playing BF 2.1 today and i decided to throw it away due to the lack of everyone playing having skill besides me, seriously. everyone playing BF 2.1 is all the BK's from MW3 that couldnt get a kill. its quite funny. this copy paste game is garbage, and im sure everyone agrees with me, and please, if you are one of the losers that couldnt get a kill on cod so you play BF 2.1 PLEASE dislike this, just to show everyone i am correct about you guys Expand
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    its a good game - very plesantly surprised with the new game from EA - but the bottomline is that the MP format isnt just as cool as other FPS games (read CoD) - so while I have good things to say about EA - and I have bought BF3 - I will go back to playing CoD. Perhaps wait for a BF4
  80. Nov 18, 2011
    Boring short campaign. Multiplayer would be good if it wasn't for the horrible community. Frostbite 2 is a great engine but it doesn't show in the console version. Horrible textures and pop-up are cover by glaring lense-flare. installing the texture pack doesn't actually help. It adds lag to singleplayer. If you enjoy shooters, it's worth a rental.
  81. Nov 21, 2011
    This game sucks on consoles, it's amazing on PC. I'm writing this because of all the noobs posting zero's on MW3 which is the far better game. Don't buy it for consoles because the multiplayer is laggy and the frame rate is garbage.
  82. Dec 2, 2011
    Awful, completely different feel from BBC2, which played much better IMO. It feels almost like this game wasn't play tested at all, its extremely unbalanced. The medic based class, (Which is now named Assault for some reason) as others have mentioned, is now completely pointless as health regenerates as fast as it does in COD. Sniping in general in this game is just really overpowered asAwful, completely different feel from BBC2, which played much better IMO. It feels almost like this game wasn't play tested at all, its extremely unbalanced. The medic based class, (Which is now named Assault for some reason) as others have mentioned, is now completely pointless as health regenerates as fast as it does in COD. Sniping in general in this game is just really overpowered as it is so easy to do, rifle sway being practically non-existant. While certainly most people will probably disagree with this review, I feel like it was a huge step down from badco2 Expand
  83. Dec 16, 2011
    Such a bad game. They took everything from the other games and made it somehow even worse. The only difference is that they are trying to disguise it with 'good' graphics. The frame rate is measly 30 frames per second. MW3s frames per second is 60! Battlefield just tries to gloss everything over to disguise its bad gameplay.
  84. Dec 18, 2011
    Everytime I get in a vehicle it gets blown up. Everytime I get in a Jet it gets shot down. Everytime I walk at all I get sniped. Game is full of non-team players who camp out jets as if their life depended on it. no one coordinates and it is very sad. Takes forever to find the enemy and when you do a mix of camping and the crappy gunplay get you killed then you got to run a mile to findEverytime I get in a vehicle it gets blown up. Everytime I get in a Jet it gets shot down. Everytime I walk at all I get sniped. Game is full of non-team players who camp out jets as if their life depended on it. no one coordinates and it is very sad. Takes forever to find the enemy and when you do a mix of camping and the crappy gunplay get you killed then you got to run a mile to find anything exciting. If it weren't for destruction, game would be completely boring. I've played every Battlefield game/expansion to date, very dissapointed. Don't get me started on the losers using the recon drone thing. Call of Rehash remains supreme I guess. Expand
  85. Apr 27, 2012
    More of the same, nothing but FPS garbage. This genre has single handedly destroyed gaming and turned the entire industry into one that favors "safe" shallow gameplay with good graphics instead of games that are actually enjoyable.
  86. Feb 24, 2012
    When the game loaded up and I saw the EA symbol I thought the worst. I wasn't wrong. Average graphics but lack colour and seem muted. Poor sound effects, sounds cheap and tin-can like even on very good speakers/headphones. Couldn't play Multiplayer as it was locked by a code (I rented the game), so I couldn't even try 75% of the game. If I can't try I won't buy. One lost customer.
  87. Nov 29, 2011
    Seems like a cheap MW knockoff. It is hard controls. The campaign is so bad you will throw up. I didn't know Xbox games allowed games to ship with this many bugs, bad MS! Worst buy ever.
  88. Apr 4, 2012
    The recent patch totally destroyed this game...rent a server dorks kick for no reason, all weapons have been nerfed, and suppressive fire is ridiculous. "Pre-Patch" the game was really good except USAS with frag rounds and killing with the MAV...its a sad shell of what it used to be.
  89. Mar 27, 2012
    Untill you bring us back the previous way to play the game is COMPLETELY useless!!! Guys don't let you be blackmailed by the game dev. Simply because the wake-up one day and thought:"Oh, lets make some more money, from the gamers!!!" Great game, ruined by its creators!!! TRAGIC!!!
  90. Nov 23, 2011
    Where to begin, I can see why there was a huge backlash against MW3, it is essentially the same game as COD4 with ever so slightly better graphics. For me this means it should get an above average score. Battlefield 3 on the other had deserves a massive backlash for the fact that it looks horrible on 360. I played Crysis recently, a port of a 4 year old PC game, it has massive outdoorWhere to begin, I can see why there was a huge backlash against MW3, it is essentially the same game as COD4 with ever so slightly better graphics. For me this means it should get an above average score. Battlefield 3 on the other had deserves a massive backlash for the fact that it looks horrible on 360. I played Crysis recently, a port of a 4 year old PC game, it has massive outdoor levels and vehicles and one thing BF3 does not have GREAT graphics. Battlefield 3 does not even have average graphics, I am not sure what the technical term is but when I am running around everything seems to shimmer sort of like a next gen version of Jaggies which makes it hard to pick out enemies, then there is also the fact that its impossible to see anything due to the terrible lighting everything is either way too bright or way too dark and so much screen tearing it has more in common with the first games released at the start of this console cycle rather than the end. Its actually funny that they make the menu screens (Which are also terribly designed) blurry when you navigate them, are they implying that the terrible in game graphics are also a design choice. Also why is there no option to leave straight after a game ends? And the Kill cam or what ever the hell that is useless and annoying just let me respawn straight away I donâ Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    First time battlefield purchase from a COD4/MW2 diehard. I start off playing team death match just to get the hang of it because the ondisc instruction manual SUCKS and the cheap sobs didn't provide a paper copy. Apparently they assumed everyone has played a previous BF title and will know what the sam hill is going on. I know everyone is in love with the new frostbite engine but IFirst time battlefield purchase from a COD4/MW2 diehard. I start off playing team death match just to get the hang of it because the ondisc instruction manual SUCKS and the cheap sobs didn't provide a paper copy. Apparently they assumed everyone has played a previous BF title and will know what the sam hill is going on. I know everyone is in love with the new frostbite engine but I honestly can't see it. I think it looks terrible. The high contrast, lighting and this weird blue tinge everywhere give it a disjointed, unrealistic look. There are lots of graphic anomolies. A lamp post giving off light that forms a perfect, unmoving triangle like it's a painting. Another yellow light forming a perfect triangle in the daytime! At least I thought it was the day time because of a BLINDING white light coming from the direction of the sun, but then I noticed it was also raining and the sky was dark in other places. WTF! I also noticed what looked like water running down the side of a building but then from a different angle it disappeared! I also noticed my gun was wobbling around like it was hung from a string. Thankyou for the continual break in immersion. I remember installing the texture pack but I had to go into the system memory and check just to make sure because the graphics jsut look terrible. I realize I may not have given the game a fair shake but this was enough for me to leave the game for good. Expand
  92. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is just like Combat Evolved Anniversary, the only difference is the Graphics, and there still isn`t much difference to them. The tactility it was supposed to bring from BC2 is nothing, the communication in this game is crap. In this game you need to be a team to win, and nobody does that anymore. Modern Warfare 3 would be a much better choice. I admit I cam a CoD fan, but I was aThis game is just like Combat Evolved Anniversary, the only difference is the Graphics, and there still isn`t much difference to them. The tactility it was supposed to bring from BC2 is nothing, the communication in this game is crap. In this game you need to be a team to win, and nobody does that anymore. Modern Warfare 3 would be a much better choice. I admit I cam a CoD fan, but I was a Battlefield fan.
    P.S. Did you hear the insults the Dice employeys were making towards CoD. One of these quotes was ``I hope the CoD series burns from the inside out``, but probabley not in those exact words. :D
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    The TRUE battlefield series makes its return with a disappointing comeback. Fans of the Bad Company series will feel right at home, whereas the Battlefield fans (BF2 on PC) feel left in the dark. The in game menus, weapons, and gameplay is simply a rehash of the previous titles put forth by DICE. While the campaign was amazing, the multiplayer is an utter failure, not to mention EA'sThe TRUE battlefield series makes its return with a disappointing comeback. Fans of the Bad Company series will feel right at home, whereas the Battlefield fans (BF2 on PC) feel left in the dark. The in game menus, weapons, and gameplay is simply a rehash of the previous titles put forth by DICE. While the campaign was amazing, the multiplayer is an utter failure, not to mention EA's infamous "Online Pass" which draws less fortunate gamers away. BF3 is a game you'll want to rent, or borrow. Expand
  94. Dec 2, 2011
    Not quite the COD-killer that it's made out to believe, especially since it tries to (unsuccessfully) incorporate COD formulas. The campaign was excruciatingly boring, with barely any redeeming factors. The multiplayer is fun... at times. First, the servers must be working, second, you must be in a team that is somewhat coordinated or better yet, playing with friends who know what the hellNot quite the COD-killer that it's made out to believe, especially since it tries to (unsuccessfully) incorporate COD formulas. The campaign was excruciatingly boring, with barely any redeeming factors. The multiplayer is fun... at times. First, the servers must be working, second, you must be in a team that is somewhat coordinated or better yet, playing with friends who know what the hell they are doing. If you're on a team that's filled with CoD kids not knowing their roles and just running around slaying, it can be quite frustrating. The game is also rather slow paced, and the environments are not as destructible as before. Being able to customize your loadout inside the match is a neat feature. Expand
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    A great game, but severely over-hyped.
    If people felt like MW3 was MW2.5, then this game is Bad Company 2.5
    The campaign looks amazing, but falls short in the end.
    Multiplayer is good, but i personally dont like how slow it is, you can win a match without even firing you're weapon which to me makes it not a shooter, but a war strategy. Good game, just far too similar to the last BF title.
  96. Nov 25, 2011
    DICE has truly out done themselves on producing such a game. Gorgeous graphics that i have never before seen in the gaming realm (im playing on a 55 inch samsung 3d), new demolition 3.0 that instead of knocking down all of the walls on a building to take it down, you can destroy it piece by piece. I love how you can pick between a 3 shot burst m4 and a full auto m4 and even switch themDICE has truly out done themselves on producing such a game. Gorgeous graphics that i have never before seen in the gaming realm (im playing on a 55 inch samsung 3d), new demolition 3.0 that instead of knocking down all of the walls on a building to take it down, you can destroy it piece by piece. I love how you can pick between a 3 shot burst m4 and a full auto m4 and even switch them both to semi auto. The vehicular warfare is flawless, with much to choose from in customizable gadgets and weapons. Now for what i don't like about this game, yes the campaign is complete garbage and there was really no destruction which has always been a big factor in battlefield games, and i can't even recall if there was a point where i got to drive a vehicle in the campaign(besides the tanks). what the crap DICE? and this new origin crap along with the $10 online activation codes? if 4 people want to play on their own xbox live accounts, (WHICH IM ALREADY PAYING $10 A MONTH FOR) have to spend $30 extra dollars to play. So many bugs, i can go prone and hide half my body through a wall, i can crash into a helicopter full speed with my jet, knock it out of the sky, and keep going, and even just randomly commit suicide while just walking or flying my jet. Absolute garbage, i have always been a bf fan because it has always brought more to the table than any call of duty game ever could. But this game has alot more to dislike than to like. My original rating was a 9 but now after me really assessing the situation im going to give it a 4. Expand
  97. Dec 20, 2011
    This game fails me alot the campaign fails big time and i must the frame rate and the engine i have to wait about 10 minutes for game thats almost finished i am a cod and bf fanboy but really this was the game i was looking foward to i should also point out not enough destruction!! disgraceful
  98. Dec 22, 2011
    (MEDAL OF HONOR 1.5)Biggest waste of 60 dollars i have spent in a long time!! I dont understand how everyone hypes on the sound so much when the game sounds like garbage!?!? I have turtle beach xp500 and i have a philips surround sound and the game sounds like garbage all the guns sound like pellet guns!!Graphics are nowhere near as smooth as the videos,of course because they were showing(MEDAL OF HONOR 1.5)Biggest waste of 60 dollars i have spent in a long time!! I dont understand how everyone hypes on the sound so much when the game sounds like garbage!?!? I have turtle beach xp500 and i have a philips surround sound and the game sounds like garbage all the guns sound like pellet guns!!Graphics are nowhere near as smooth as the videos,of course because they were showing us pc footage and claiming it was console.Only thing i like about this game was the location of the campaign,maps too big for 24 players,sound is cheap,graphics for the 360 look like nintendo wii,not going to talk about teamwork because in any game that is up to players...not dice or ea, but with that said this game is a flop and every battlefield fan out there just gives it the 10 right away like that is going to change something.I spent way more time in bfbc2 than i ever could stand in bf3 and i played quite a bit. Campaign in modern warfare knockoff and multiplayer is a joke, i played this EXACT same game a year before it even came out its called MEDAL OF HONOR!!!! Expand
  99. Dec 28, 2011
    This is one of the most disappointing games of all time for me. Not just did I anticipate this game more than Skyrim, but I was so excited for the three months before release I could barely take it! When I got the beta, I realized that it was a lot like call of duty, but ignored that fact as operation metro was the only game mode without vehicles. Then I got the game, and the first fewThis is one of the most disappointing games of all time for me. Not just did I anticipate this game more than Skyrim, but I was so excited for the three months before release I could barely take it! When I got the beta, I realized that it was a lot like call of duty, but ignored that fact as operation metro was the only game mode without vehicles. Then I got the game, and the first few games of multiplayer didn't spark any kind of recognition of one of the first fps series I have ever played. Then I went to singleplayer, which in it's own way, is sad. The quick time events and fast paced action sequences show that dice tried to copy call of duty, even though they claimed not to think about what their competitors were doing. The singleplayer went too fast, althought it was quite fun. This game is full of glitches though, which weren't a problem, but were annoying enough.

Then there was co-op. This sucked, although that's partly my fault. Every game I joined paired me up with an idiot who either doesn't know how to fly a helicopter, or is just not bothering to help in any way. I eventually made it past fire from the sky by flying the helicopter myself and being aggressive without crashing the damned thing. I haven't even finished co-op because I can't figure out the silenced sniper mission, which I hate because they weren't at all clear on what the hell I am supposed to do in this mission. If co-op weren't so hard, I would finish it in 20 minutes tops.

Finally there is the multiplayer. Observe the destruction of buildings crumpling down on your enemy, or the planes crashing into the helicopters that shot down a guard post that held a sniper who was shooting a bullet deep into your team mates neck. A beautiful sight to behold, especially when your jumping off a thousand foot drop. Unfortunately, this is not what happens.(although the planes crashing into helicopters thing happens, and it sucks) Instead, if you wanna observe that pretty little mountain far off in the distance, you better go back to 1942 if you wanna climb it. And you better duck down before you miraculously take a bullet to the head. You can't mess around in this game, there are no multiple choices, and the whole sandbox aspect of the series is gone forever. There are no multiple paths through the giant mountain, and since the maps are so small now, there is no mountain anyways. There is always a small section of a city, with only two or three alleys to sprint through, no flanking points. Back to karkand did a good job with this, but the full game failed. I don't like the environment because I can't enjoy the graphics of the enviroment before getting stabbed through the chest or noob tubed by a giant rocket launcher. I can't figure out this game after 40 hours into multiplayer, and therefore it isn't a good battlefield game. Either you get 1 kill 10 deaths and 1000 points on helping your team, or you get 20 kills 4 deaths and 1000 points for helping your team. I don't know how they did it, but dice screwed up this game for me.

One final thing. Battlefield 3 has the greatest graphics of any video game ever created. Yes, you can change minecraft graphics, and Skyrim looks good. I played skyrim, and battlefield graphics are so much better it's ridiculous. I honestly don't understand why people say that it doesn't have the best in graphics, but so be it.

This game kind of sucked. That's my rating.
  100. Dec 30, 2011
    This game pure crap. When you start the game up, you have to install HD content. WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU INSTALL HD CONTENT. Then if you have rented the game, you have to buy a ONLINE PASS from EAs greedy hands. Agian, WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU DO THIS. While the graphics and game play are stunningly good, there was a "glitch" that DICE has yet to fix which is whenever you exit your gameThis game pure crap. When you start the game up, you have to install HD content. WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU INSTALL HD CONTENT. Then if you have rented the game, you have to buy a ONLINE PASS from EAs greedy hands. Agian, WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU DO THIS. While the graphics and game play are stunningly good, there was a "glitch" that DICE has yet to fix which is whenever you exit your game without the "Saved" message appearing, you have to overwrite your save because the game thinks your save is corrupted. This can be very very frustrating especially when your a hour in the campaign. This game also has horrible multiplayer which is so much more frustrating, yet realer than Modern Warfare 3's. You have to download some stupid 2 GB update. 2 **** GIGS What the **** While in multiplayer , You'll notice is that your default weapon is different for each faction you have, such as the M16 for the US and the AK74m for RU. This combined with the fact that there are campers and vehicle hogs makes it very difficult to adjust to the games multiplayer experience. Overall...anyone that tries to compare this piece of **** to Modern Warfare 3 is obviously going to lose. While Modern Warfare 3 is a copy of Modern Warfare 2, atleast it fixed its bugs and glitches while battlefield hasn't. Expand
  101. Nov 10, 2011

1. Feb 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a great single player campaign you're out of luck, rent BF3 or pick it up in the bargain bin. If you're looking for the best online multiplayer action then BF3 is your game hands down.
  2. Jan 24, 2012
    While Battlefield 3 was aiming to be the biggest name this holiday season, and while it has made strides towards knocking off Modern Warfare 3, it misses the mark. That's not to say it is a bad game, it's a very good one, but the polish and excitement that is found on the Call of Duty series feels missing here. Still, there are much worse games you could end up with this holiday season, and the competition between the two series should heat up significantly in the next few years.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    This experience alone sums up what Battlefield 3 is about. It isn't a John Rambo run and gun shooter and it shouldn't really be compared to MW3 in terms of how you play it. For players to truly understand the Battlefield experience you need to embrace the teamwork by joining a squad and calling out your spotted enemies, as after all, sometimes you also need your back covered too.