Battlefield 3 Xbox 360

7.4

1. Dec 10, 2014
    That is one of these games that his fun is only in online mode, but i am a campaign guy, so i am obligated to die in onli e mode several times? I hate this kind of game.
  2. Feb 18, 2014
    At least that game deserves 6 maybe 7. But that **** isn't playable! It freezes every 5 hours of play. (Xbox 360) EVERY! DICE, you sucks. EA, i won't buy any of your games. Never. There is also much more glitches and bugs. **** EA and Dice
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    Ask me my opinion after my first few weeks on this game, it would have easily been a 9 a hair strand off 10 as the servers could do with fixing.

My favourite thing to do was conquest on operation metro. Good times were had on this map, the best being the battle for (flag) B as i called it, the way i saw things was you could either use smoke grenades to cover going into the center stairs and coming up behind them or risk it with the corridor (of death) on the left.

But as you can see i'm rating it a 2, so what happened well first off you must realise that at the start (i pre-ordered the game) everyone was the same level and leveled up together near enough so it felt like a fair fight most of the time.

Then EA just went screw it, lets do rent-a-server and so then people used it to make private games with there friends and leveled up to 50 with the best weapons (i was level 30), server moderators would kick or instantly kill you if you played the game and killed them or there friends. But still it wasn't to bad even then maybe just an 8 rating but then people started doing a glitch on operation metro were you jumped on a player onto an archway kept jumping on the archway until you went into the ceiling, were the only way you could get killed from there was standing to close to the wall and an explosion hitting the wall.

The moderators were on that team of course and done nothing (even going as far as to ban anyone from using grenade launchers and RPGS) there could be a chance to the rating if EA patched it quicker but it took them 3 months to patch it and somehow it still didn't work and the glitch continued.

I quit battlefield 3 then with bad moderators,bad official servers, over powered weapons when the DLC came out and EA trying to force me to pay the price of the game again for premium or a server for month, I've recently returned to battlefield 3 because i'm getting battlefield 4 with an Xbox one for Christmas (didn't really have much choice) and because most people had gone to battlefield 4 for the first time in 14 months i enjoyed the game, it was too little too late i'm afraid. I hope battlefield 4 is better (no rent-a-server hopefully)
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    The most game out there. Everything is unrealistic. I would list all the BS in the game but I am too lazy. Here are some: horrible physics, bull**** damage, bull**** deaths, up recoil, etc. Buy the game if you don't believe me. You will regret.......
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has horrible graphics and the physics are all over the place. When you jump your feet are slung in front of you in a very unrealistic way. All in all it is just Team Fortess 2, it also has different classes to play as which further proves my point. The 4 has a long way to go be awesomely epic. Expand
  6. Aug 20, 2013
    Bought this game with hope that it could give me a new favourite fps to play with all the connection problems black ops 2 has but found it a waste of money and overpriced.

The maps are huge for the ammount of players in the game and i find it hard to belive people can put up with the constant prone under a bush camping for the whole game i played around 50 online games and everyone was riddled with sweaty players who was prone in a bush or behind a rock for the whole match some might say hey its realistic but that does not make a video game fun, when you finally get to move more than 10 percent through a map without a camper popping you off from a bush there is another one sitting on a rock on the outside of the map with them being so large it is impossible to scan around for them, the servers are laughable for such a hyped up game the only reason i gave it a 4 is for the vehicles you can use and the potential i cannot belive some gamers would give this a 10 with how much work it needs to make it more balanced, it reminds me of a takeaway i ordered from that had 5 out of 6 star rating on just eat out of hundreds of reviews and tasted flat and stale and there was nice bits missing just like bf3!

I am not saying it does not hae potential but it needs alot looking at to get the 7 out of 10 it shows on here i am also not a cod fanboy i rate that about 5 out of 10 for the way they destroyed the multiplayer with hosting and lagg problems i pray bf4 or mw4 is the answer to my fps needs but both atm are a big let down something that makes so much money i find it hard to wonder how they have such massive issues with the gameplay lets hope they learn from this and balance out bf4 properly so fast paced players can enjoy it also and cod fix there online issues as i would like to own both if they mastered them and how anyone can compare them is beyond me it is like comparing apples and pears pointless
  7. Aug 10, 2013
    This game had to be one of the most over hyped games since gaming began. So much talk about the Frostbite 2 Engine and how the graphics were so amazing. Then when i fired it up there wasn't much too the graphics at all, very plain and bland, lots of brown and grey. Bad Company 1 on the Frostbite 1 engine looked miles better than this game. As for the rest of it it was just a REALLY boringThis game had to be one of the most over hyped games since gaming began. So much talk about the Frostbite 2 Engine and how the graphics were so amazing. Then when i fired it up there wasn't much too the graphics at all, very plain and bland, lots of brown and grey. Bad Company 1 on the Frostbite 1 engine looked miles better than this game. As for the rest of it it was just a REALLY boring buggy unfinished mess. Expand
  8. Jul 25, 2013
    the campaign and co-op were terrible and lazy. this game has extreme balance issues and tons of glitches. it simply isn't fun and feels robotic. on console, there simply aren't enough players in one server and it gets really boring. it was very disappointing coming from a great game like battlefield: bad company 2.
  9. Jul 22, 2013
    Battlefield 3 has to be one of the most overblown and overrated games I've ever played. Keep in mind, most of the people that praise it are former Call of Duty fans that never had any other experience with other online military FPSs beyond the other Call of Duties and maybe Bad Company 2.

Truth is, the game has been dumbed down to appeal to that certain fanbase. BF2 fans that have been anticipating this game will be largely disappointed. Most of the MP maps are horribly designed by Battlefield's standard. Small, linear and have WEAK destruction physics. The only half way decent maps you can get are in the Back to Karkand DLC. Not too mention the MP, graphic wise, doesn't measure up to what I anticipated. There is an awkward blue tint to the game and a few weird animations. The maps that actually offer large scale remain largely boring and because of the 24 player servers.

The singleplayer, is by far the worst aspect of this turd. There really isn't much to say about expect that follows the the average everyday military shooter. 75% of the campaign is scripted events that's only purpose is to have you appreciate the Frostbite 3 engine. The rest consists of every Call of Duty plot in the past 4-5 years.

So is it better on PC? Probably, and getting it for console is a bad decision, as it never reaches it's true potential and all I see is a dumbed down BF game made to win over the CoD fanbase.
  10. Feb 4, 2013
    So I liked black ops, but hated black ops 2, so my brother and I decided to get our own copy of this and play it... while this game is quite different than call of duty in many ways, some being good, some being bad. I find myself dissatisfied with the gameplay and constantly upset at the amount of total crap i get subjected to... a few things, sniping shouldn't be allowed in shooters asSo I liked black ops, but hated black ops 2, so my brother and I decided to get our own copy of this and play it... while this game is quite different than call of duty in many ways, some being good, some being bad. I find myself dissatisfied with the gameplay and constantly upset at the amount of total crap i get subjected to... a few things, sniping shouldn't be allowed in shooters as it's just such crap in general, you can't cook grenades, the knifing is ridiculously idiotic, spawns are terrible, maps promote camping, guns are inconsistent, no kill-cams, etc. the good things, just feels a bit more realistic, weapons are pretty customizable, terrain destruction makes it more realistic, you can operate like everything (even though most of it is more of a pain than just running around on feet) meh, i guess my overall consensus is that it's just another average shooter game, glad I waited and got it cheap Expand
  11. Aug 14, 2012
    i wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seeni wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seen what a woman looks like, or know how to have a life then this tripe is for you. I can not recall a game online that didn't turn into spawn rape, you will spend your time dying as soon as you spawn only to have to wait to do it all over again. and Dice is making bf4 well all i can say shove it up your A*^. BF2142 was 10x the game this is, so was bf2. my advice is burn every copy you come across and spare the world anothe bland game. Expand
  12. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is in my opinion,one of the worst FPS games out there.I'm a fan of the series and I have played both BFBC 1 and 2.I was very excited for this game to come out but it got old fast.It seemed EA was more worried about pushing the game out so they can milk it for all it is worth instead of trying to fix the problems that were in the beta.The campaign was short and dull and reallyThis game is in my opinion,one of the worst FPS games out there.I'm a fan of the series and I have played both BFBC 1 and 2.I was very excited for this game to come out but it got old fast.It seemed EA was more worried about pushing the game out so they can milk it for all it is worth instead of trying to fix the problems that were in the beta.The campaign was short and dull and really didn't really immerse me into the experience.The multiplayer was broken and all the guns was uneven.I really think BF Premium was a rip off and a scam to get people to buy into the game.This really is the worst game ever! Expand
  13. Jun 14, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is the first (true) port to the series to make its way onto consoles. With a slow single player campaign with enriching dialog, great voice acting, and perfect set piece moments it's not really what the average gamer looks for. Another aspect of the campaign is somewhat questionable. The lack A.I skills in this linear shooter never puts stress on a player. The multiplayer onBattlefield 3 is the first (true) port to the series to make its way onto consoles. With a slow single player campaign with enriching dialog, great voice acting, and perfect set piece moments it's not really what the average gamer looks for. Another aspect of the campaign is somewhat questionable. The lack A.I skills in this linear shooter never puts stress on a player. The multiplayer on the other hand puts casual and hardcore gamers alike in a tactical situation that will have you sitting on the edge of your seats through out the whole match. With beautiful graphics provided by the frostbite 2 engine, this game never makes playing for long periods of time an eye sore. The game overall is beautiful with a slow campaign that's made up for in the large multiplayer. This game is definitely something to look out for in stores if you don't already own this blockbuster title. Expand
  14. Jun 7, 2012
    **** game. **** graphics. **** story. **** frame rate. **** weapons. **** sounds. **** characters.
    **** developer. **** publisher. All of this game is a ****
  15. May 19, 2012
    This game sucks so bad i cant put it into words there is no point in buying this game. Why must a company even release a game as bad as this. If they were smart they would tank the franchise
  16. Apr 27, 2012
    More of the same, nothing but FPS garbage. This genre has single handedly destroyed gaming and turned the entire industry into one that favors "safe" shallow gameplay with good graphics instead of games that are actually enjoyable.
  17. Apr 4, 2012
    The recent patch totally destroyed this game...rent a server dorks kick for no reason, all weapons have been nerfed, and suppressive fire is ridiculous. "Pre-Patch" the game was really good except USAS with frag rounds and killing with the MAV...its a sad shell of what it used to be.
  18. Apr 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Am I the only one that played the singleplayer campaign? The story was the worst and most insulting narrative I've seen in a long time. First, it's in large part a rip off of COD:MW (which I'm not saying is a great or better game). They use the same disjointed jumping from character to character. Second, the vehicle sequences were terrible. You spend an entire sequence not flying a jet or not driving a tank. These on rail portions are terrible, not exciting, and tedious. Third, what CO would start a war with Russian in a third party country? That did happen, right? American soldiers attacked a superior Russian force. That's not just bad tactics, it's plain dumb. Forth, the quicktime events were sloppy and thrown in. Fifth, the story is two hours long. Sure, that's a movie, but I bought a videogame that cost 6 times a movie, so I want 6 times the entertainment. Finally, and most absurdly insulting: my character, an American soldier, murders his CO and fellow American soldier to help some Russian guy that he just met and could have been shooting at him minutes ago. Even if your CO is an *** and an idiot, you protect your own. I tried standing there, refusing to fire, and the mission failed. That's ***. I'm sorry, for that the game loses all marks for singleplayer. Multiplayer was fine if not crowded and at times confusing. Expand
  19. Mar 27, 2012
    Untill you bring us back the previous way to play the game is COMPLETELY useless!!! Guys don't let you be blackmailed by the game dev. Simply because the wake-up one day and thought:"Oh, lets make some more money, from the gamers!!!" Great game, ruined by its creators!!! TRAGIC!!!
  20. Mar 6, 2012
    so i picked this up at game-stop they said it was cool, so i was like OK. took it home and i decided to play story mode and the first level was lame as you run from police or terrorist whatever.as i was playing i realized how can you die in a flashback so i was like this is stupid. so i played multiplayer and played tdm and it was stupid i couldn't unlock any weapons and they took. and itso i picked this up at game-stop they said it was cool, so i was like OK. took it home and i decided to play story mode and the first level was lame as you run from police or terrorist whatever.as i was playing i realized how can you die in a flashback so i was like this is stupid. so i played multiplayer and played tdm and it was stupid i couldn't unlock any weapons and they took. and it was more boring than in the commercials i couldn't get 360 no scopes as easy with out perks. so i got annoyed and played spec ops survival and i couldn't get any maps like in the ads. and zombies had guns. so i give black ops a 0/10 for Expand
  21. Feb 24, 2012
    When the game loaded up and I saw the EA symbol I thought the worst. I wasn't wrong. Average graphics but lack colour and seem muted. Poor sound effects, sounds cheap and tin-can like even on very good speakers/headphones. Couldn't play Multiplayer as it was locked by a code (I rented the game), so I couldn't even try 75% of the game. If I can't try I won't buy. One lost customer.
  22. Feb 7, 2012
    this game has finally kill al fps for me, all you game developers out there think of something new and original dam it dam it to helllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. Jan 17, 2012
    BF3 was my 4th Battlefield game and the only one I disliked. The campaign was a terrible cod knock-off, the coop was pointless & boring, & the MP was campy (thanks for bringing back prone!) , unbalanced & played on linear maps. Everything BC1, BC2, & 1942 did right, BF3 did wrong. This game, in my opinion, was made for the PC because the maps seem to be designed for the PC max of 64BF3 was my 4th Battlefield game and the only one I disliked. The campaign was a terrible cod knock-off, the coop was pointless & boring, & the MP was campy (thanks for bringing back prone!) , unbalanced & played on linear maps. Everything BC1, BC2, & 1942 did right, BF3 did wrong. This game, in my opinion, was made for the PC because the maps seem to be designed for the PC max of 64 players, not the 360 max of 24 -- this led to a much slower online pace than previous iterations. The one shining star to this game is its effects: both sound & visuals. BF3 is quite literally the best looking game on console, period. Expand
  24. Jan 6, 2012
    Need to re-review after latest updates.

The game is a horrible broken mess. Despite there being a 2.07GB update, the server list is still broken, as it still displayes servers as not full when they are. Quick match still doesn't work, and when I do get a game on multiplayer it's laggy and then disconnects. The single player campaign was in fact very good. I really liked the story, and
    Need to re-review after latest updates.

The single player campaign was in fact very good. I really liked the story, and the graphics were mind blowingly good. (with the HD textures installed).

I have more issues. Even though I had the limited edition, and added my Back to Karkland DLC code, I did not get the DLC. I feel as if I was ripped off. Advice for parents, do not get your kids this game.
  25. Dec 30, 2011
    This game pure crap. When you start the game up, you have to install HD content. WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU INSTALL HD CONTENT. Then if you have rented the game, you have to buy a ONLINE PASS from EAs greedy hands. Agian, WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU DO THIS. While the graphics and game play are stunningly good, there was a "glitch" that DICE has yet to fix which is whenever you exit your gameThis game pure crap. When you start the game up, you have to install HD content. WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU INSTALL HD CONTENT. Then if you have rented the game, you have to buy a ONLINE PASS from EAs greedy hands. Agian, WHAT **** GAME MAKES YOU DO THIS. While the graphics and game play are stunningly good, there was a "glitch" that DICE has yet to fix which is whenever you exit your game without the "Saved" message appearing, you have to overwrite your save because the game thinks your save is corrupted. This can be very very frustrating especially when your a hour in the campaign. This game also has horrible multiplayer which is so much more frustrating, yet realer than Modern Warfare 3's. You have to download some stupid 2 GB update. 2 **** GIGS What the **** While in multiplayer , You'll notice is that your default weapon is different for each faction you have, such as the M16 for the US and the AK74m for RU. This combined with the fact that there are campers and vehicle hogs makes it very difficult to adjust to the games multiplayer experience. Overall...anyone that tries to compare this piece of **** to Modern Warfare 3 is obviously going to lose. While Modern Warfare 3 is a copy of Modern Warfare 2, atleast it fixed its bugs and glitches while battlefield hasn't. Expand
  26. Dec 28, 2011
    This is one of the most disappointing games of all time for me. Not just did I anticipate this game more than Skyrim, but I was so excited for the three months before release I could barely take it! When I got the beta, I realized that it was a lot like call of duty, but ignored that fact as operation metro was the only game mode without vehicles. Then I got the game, and the first fewThis is one of the most disappointing games of all time for me. Not just did I anticipate this game more than Skyrim, but I was so excited for the three months before release I could barely take it! When I got the beta, I realized that it was a lot like call of duty, but ignored that fact as operation metro was the only game mode without vehicles. Then I got the game, and the first few games of multiplayer didn't spark any kind of recognition of one of the first fps series I have ever played. Then I went to singleplayer, which in it's own way, is sad. The quick time events and fast paced action sequences show that dice tried to copy call of duty, even though they claimed not to think about what their competitors were doing. The singleplayer went too fast, althought it was quite fun. This game is full of glitches though, which weren't a problem, but were annoying enough.

Then there was co-op. This sucked, although that's partly my fault. Every game I joined paired me up with an idiot who either doesn't know how to fly a helicopter, or is just not bothering to help in any way. I eventually made it past fire from the sky by flying the helicopter myself and being aggressive without crashing the damned thing. I haven't even finished co-op because I can't figure out the silenced sniper mission, which I hate because they weren't at all clear on what the hell I am supposed to do in this mission. If co-op weren't so hard, I would finish it in 20 minutes tops.

Finally there is the multiplayer. Observe the destruction of buildings crumpling down on your enemy, or the planes crashing into the helicopters that shot down a guard post that held a sniper who was shooting a bullet deep into your team mates neck. A beautiful sight to behold, especially when your jumping off a thousand foot drop. Unfortunately, this is not what happens.(although the planes crashing into helicopters thing happens, and it sucks) Instead, if you wanna observe that pretty little mountain far off in the distance, you better go back to 1942 if you wanna climb it. And you better duck down before you miraculously take a bullet to the head. You can't mess around in this game, there are no multiple choices, and the whole sandbox aspect of the series is gone forever. There are no multiple paths through the giant mountain, and since the maps are so small now, there is no mountain anyways. There is always a small section of a city, with only two or three alleys to sprint through, no flanking points. Back to karkand did a good job with this, but the full game failed. I don't like the environment because I can't enjoy the graphics of the enviroment before getting stabbed through the chest or noob tubed by a giant rocket launcher. I can't figure out this game after 40 hours into multiplayer, and therefore it isn't a good battlefield game. Either you get 1 kill 10 deaths and 1000 points on helping your team, or you get 20 kills 4 deaths and 1000 points for helping your team. I don't know how they did it, but dice screwed up this game for me.

One final thing. Battlefield 3 has the greatest graphics of any video game ever created. Yes, you can change minecraft graphics, and Skyrim looks good. I played skyrim, and battlefield graphics are so much better it's ridiculous. I honestly don't understand why people say that it doesn't have the best in graphics, but so be it.

This game kind of sucked. That's my rating.
  27. Dec 26, 2011
    This game is a piece of **** if you don't have xbox live. Yeah, the xbox live is all right, but the campaign is a waste of time. Not to mention that the game has to load every freaking time you die, a total pain in the ass. I don't want to have to spend anymore, but I guess I'm going to need xbox live to make this game remotely fun.
  28. Dec 22, 2011
    (MEDAL OF HONOR 1.5)Biggest waste of 60 dollars i have spent in a long time!! I dont understand how everyone hypes on the sound so much when the game sounds like garbage!?!? I have turtle beach xp500 and i have a philips surround sound and the game sounds like garbage all the guns sound like pellet guns!!Graphics are nowhere near as smooth as the videos,of course because they were showing(MEDAL OF HONOR 1.5)Biggest waste of 60 dollars i have spent in a long time!! I dont understand how everyone hypes on the sound so much when the game sounds like garbage!?!? I have turtle beach xp500 and i have a philips surround sound and the game sounds like garbage all the guns sound like pellet guns!!Graphics are nowhere near as smooth as the videos,of course because they were showing us pc footage and claiming it was console.Only thing i like about this game was the location of the campaign,maps too big for 24 players,sound is cheap,graphics for the 360 look like nintendo wii,not going to talk about teamwork because in any game that is up to players...not dice or ea, but with that said this game is a flop and every battlefield fan out there just gives it the 10 right away like that is going to change something.I spent way more time in bfbc2 than i ever could stand in bf3 and i played quite a bit. Campaign in modern warfare knockoff and multiplayer is a joke, i played this EXACT same game a year before it even came out its called MEDAL OF HONOR!!!! Expand
  29. Dec 20, 2011
    This game fails me alot the campaign fails big time and i must the frame rate and the engine i have to wait about 10 minutes for game thats almost finished i am a cod and bf fanboy but really this was the game i was looking foward to i should also point out not enough destruction!! disgraceful
  30. Dec 18, 2011
    Everytime I get in a vehicle it gets blown up. Everytime I get in a Jet it gets shot down. Everytime I walk at all I get sniped. Game is full of non-team players who camp out jets as if their life depended on it. no one coordinates and it is very sad. Takes forever to find the enemy and when you do a mix of camping and the crappy gunplay get you killed then you got to run a mile to findEverytime I get in a vehicle it gets blown up. Everytime I get in a Jet it gets shot down. Everytime I walk at all I get sniped. Game is full of non-team players who camp out jets as if their life depended on it. no one coordinates and it is very sad. Takes forever to find the enemy and when you do a mix of camping and the crappy gunplay get you killed then you got to run a mile to find anything exciting. If it weren't for destruction, game would be completely boring. I've played every Battlefield game/expansion to date, very dissapointed. Don't get me started on the losers using the recon drone thing. Call of Rehash remains supreme I guess. Expand
  31. Dec 16, 2011
    Such a bad game. They took everything from the other games and made it somehow even worse. The only difference is that they are trying to disguise it with 'good' graphics. The frame rate is measly 30 frames per second. MW3s frames per second is 60! Battlefield just tries to gloss everything over to disguise its bad gameplay.
  32. Dec 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh boy, where do I start. Well, first off marketing. What you saw in the trailers is not what you get. The game is not good looking like in the trailers, neither is it fun. The graphics on the console version are horrible. I see flashing green screens, artifacts, you name it. The HUD in vehicles will disappear from time to time, making shooting impossibly hard. Spawn killing is too easy, especially in jets. AA locations are horrible, jets and helicopters regenerate flares too fast, when I shoot a missile at one, they immediately use flares and by the time I fire my second one, the flares are already back in the air. The map design is horrible, less destruction compared to BF BC2. Hardcore is not hardcore. Five m249 shots to the back do not seem to stop an enemy. When you manage to somehow magically get past the flares from jets, you get the message "Vehicle Disabled" on the screen. Well holy mother **** **** the jet turns around and shoots me. Really? I thought it was disabled. Disabled vehicles should not work like they're factory new. I think this game is a horrible mash up of Medal of Honor (2010) and BF:BC2. The campaign is as much of a blast as on Medal of Honor. It is not fun at all, it makes me want to shoot myself. Too many quick time events, nothing exciting happens and it is confusing as hell. The ending is what bothers me the most. It is the worst ending ever. All you do is press A or B with some RB in there and you have a **** fight with the enemy to stop a nuke in the center of New York. Also, where are the French soldiers? Typical shooter, you go in to a foreign country, but its only USA vs. Russia. The tanks in the game are trash. Somehow you can drift with them while you use the turbo boost. That is right, turbo boost. What a stupid idea. On the map Damavand Peak, there is a tunnel and on top of it there is a small mountain. If you even fly close to the mountain, you automatically commit suicide, even when you dont touch it. Too often in the game, somehow, I commit suicide while in either a jet or a helicopter and this is all at random times. If you think the game will be easy on multiplayer right off the bat, it is not. I got this game 1 month later than others and Jesus Christ is it bad. You start off with horrible weapons and gadgets, there is no way the beginning will be easy. You have to be lucky to even get a kill with your weapon. There is much more. Do not think I am a MW3 fan, MW3 is a big piece of fecal matter. I think DICE took the plunger to their **** on this game, they have pulled a "CoD" on me: they become famous, so they release a game that is waited world wide. This would MoH. MoH is the MW2 from dice and BF3 is the MW3. I think I will stick to BF:BC2, since it is fun. Oh, did I mention this game is bad? I could not even install it on my PC! I bought the game originally for my 1.5k gaming PC that was purpose built for gaming. All games run 100% error free, max settings. BF3 is a different story. I start the installation process and immediately I am greeted by an error. I managed to get to the main menu, when the game suddenly crashed and got an error. I think I had to battle through 50 errors to get to the game, just to be put down by another one. I returned it and got the 360 version. I do not recommend this game. Expand
  33. Dec 2, 2011
    Not quite the COD-killer that it's made out to believe, especially since it tries to (unsuccessfully) incorporate COD formulas. The campaign was excruciatingly boring, with barely any redeeming factors. The multiplayer is fun... at times. First, the servers must be working, second, you must be in a team that is somewhat coordinated or better yet, playing with friends who know what the hellNot quite the COD-killer that it's made out to believe, especially since it tries to (unsuccessfully) incorporate COD formulas. The campaign was excruciatingly boring, with barely any redeeming factors. The multiplayer is fun... at times. First, the servers must be working, second, you must be in a team that is somewhat coordinated or better yet, playing with friends who know what the hell they are doing. If you're on a team that's filled with CoD kids not knowing their roles and just running around slaying, it can be quite frustrating. The game is also rather slow paced, and the environments are not as destructible as before. Being able to customize your loadout inside the match is a neat feature. Expand
  34. Dec 2, 2011
    Awful, completely different feel from BBC2, which played much better IMO. It feels almost like this game wasn't play tested at all, its extremely unbalanced. The medic based class, (Which is now named Assault for some reason) as others have mentioned, is now completely pointless as health regenerates as fast as it does in COD. Sniping in general in this game is just really overpowered asAwful, completely different feel from BBC2, which played much better IMO. It feels almost like this game wasn't play tested at all, its extremely unbalanced. The medic based class, (Which is now named Assault for some reason) as others have mentioned, is now completely pointless as health regenerates as fast as it does in COD. Sniping in general in this game is just really overpowered as it is so easy to do, rifle sway being practically non-existant. While certainly most people will probably disagree with this review, I feel like it was a huge step down from badco2 Expand
  35. Nov 29, 2011
    Seems like a cheap MW knockoff. It is hard controls. The campaign is so bad you will throw up. I didn't know Xbox games allowed games to ship with this many bugs, bad MS! Worst buy ever.
  36. Nov 25, 2011
    Registered for the sole reason to give this game the score it deserves. I've only played the multiplayer, so my opinion in based only on the MP part. I played Halo3, Reach, MW and MW2. In all these games, I had a K/D ratio in the range of 1,7 -> 2,5. I just mention this to tell, that I'm pretty decent. I enjoyed the before mentioned games, even in the learning stages (where you get to knowRegistered for the sole reason to give this game the score it deserves. I've only played the multiplayer, so my opinion in based only on the MP part. I played Halo3, Reach, MW and MW2. In all these games, I had a K/D ratio in the range of 1,7 -> 2,5. I just mention this to tell, that I'm pretty decent. I enjoyed the before mentioned games, even in the learning stages (where you get to know the maps, the guns, etc). In this case however, I did not have a single moment of joy, despite playing 10hrs. Maps are huge, if you don't want to sit in a tank, then you have to run 500m to reach a target destination. When you get there, you are either going to get sniped or gunned down by a tank. Oh, of course, huge map, small number of player (24 on a map designed for 60+? really? ), lots of running, not much shooting -> you get the picture. I mean come on. How can anybody play a shooter game where you have maps, where you can hardly even see 9 enemy players, let alone kill them? Small maps:
    Just a few words to describe the feeling. Mortar, prone, camping, lens flare, dust, tanks (you simply have to have tanks on small maps ). Isn't this the recipe of enjoyment? Well, it may be, but not for me. Rubbish game.
    I gave it a 1, because you can sprint more in this game, than in Viva Pinata: Party Animals.
  37. Nov 25, 2011
    DICE has truly out done themselves on producing such a game. Gorgeous graphics that i have never before seen in the gaming realm (im playing on a 55 inch samsung 3d), new demolition 3.0 that instead of knocking down all of the walls on a building to take it down, you can destroy it piece by piece. I love how you can pick between a 3 shot burst m4 and a full auto m4 and even switch themDICE has truly out done themselves on producing such a game. Gorgeous graphics that i have never before seen in the gaming realm (im playing on a 55 inch samsung 3d), new demolition 3.0 that instead of knocking down all of the walls on a building to take it down, you can destroy it piece by piece. I love how you can pick between a 3 shot burst m4 and a full auto m4 and even switch them both to semi auto. The vehicular warfare is flawless, with much to choose from in customizable gadgets and weapons. Now for what i don't like about this game, yes the campaign is complete garbage and there was really no destruction which has always been a big factor in battlefield games, and i can't even recall if there was a point where i got to drive a vehicle in the campaign(besides the tanks). what the crap DICE? and this new origin crap along with the $10 online activation codes? if 4 people want to play on their own xbox live accounts, (WHICH IM ALREADY PAYING $10 A MONTH FOR) have to spend $30 extra dollars to play. So many bugs, i can go prone and hide half my body through a wall, i can crash into a helicopter full speed with my jet, knock it out of the sky, and keep going, and even just randomly commit suicide while just walking or flying my jet. Absolute garbage, i have always been a bf fan because it has always brought more to the table than any call of duty game ever could. But this game has alot more to dislike than to like. My original rating was a 9 but now after me really assessing the situation im going to give it a 4. Expand
  38. Nov 23, 2011
    Where to begin, I can see why there was a huge backlash against MW3, it is essentially the same game as COD4 with ever so slightly better graphics. For me this means it should get an above average score. Battlefield 3 on the other had deserves a massive backlash for the fact that it looks horrible on 360. I played Crysis recently, a port of a 4 year old PC game, it has massive outdoorWhere to begin, I can see why there was a huge backlash against MW3, it is essentially the same game as COD4 with ever so slightly better graphics. For me this means it should get an above average score. Battlefield 3 on the other had deserves a massive backlash for the fact that it looks horrible on 360. I played Crysis recently, a port of a 4 year old PC game, it has massive outdoor levels and vehicles and one thing BF3 does not have GREAT graphics. Battlefield 3 does not even have average graphics, I am not sure what the technical term is but when I am running around everything seems to shimmer sort of like a next gen version of Jaggies which makes it hard to pick out enemies, then there is also the fact that its impossible to see anything due to the terrible lighting everything is either way too bright or way too dark and so much screen tearing it has more in common with the first games released at the start of this console cycle rather than the end. Its actually funny that they make the menu screens (Which are also terribly designed) blurry when you navigate them, are they implying that the terrible in game graphics are also a design choice. Also why is there no option to leave straight after a game ends? And the Kill cam or what ever the hell that is useless and annoying just let me respawn straight away I donâ Expand
  39. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is terrible!

This game is terrible!

DICE game us the same crap once again. The campaign is awful, don't kid yourselves. This game is designed for destructible environments, yet the campaign is on a staged path and is poorly done. You feel nothing for the characters and the story isn't good enough to keep people interested in completing the 5 hour campaign. Moving onto multiplayer.... UNLIMITED mortar ruins the game, its so stupid. When the game came out this wasn't a problem. However, now every has one or a maxed out gun. So dumb. I went back to BF2 after 10 hours of playtime. Everyone and their grandma camps the jet spawn or fails to use team work. Then you have good old EA forcing players to sign up for their bull crap social network services. They want your contact and personal info, even though you want nothing to do with them. 0/10.
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    wow where do i start absolutely **** campaign with one of the most broken unplayable multiplayer ever wow this was supposed to bring down cod lol do urself a favour and buy mw3 that is a real fps
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    AS BAD AS MW# AS BAD As MW3 as bad as MW3...................................................LAME I rather play a good creative game like Skyrim, zelda or catherine
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    This game sucks on consoles, it's amazing on PC. I'm writing this because of all the noobs posting zero's on MW3 which is the far better game. Don't buy it for consoles because the multiplayer is laggy and the frame rate is garbage.
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    A great game, but severely over-hyped.
    If people felt like MW3 was MW2.5, then this game is Bad Company 2.5
    The campaign looks amazing, but falls short in the end.
    Multiplayer is good, but i personally dont like how slow it is, you can win a match without even firing you're weapon which to me makes it not a shooter, but a war strategy. Good game, just far too similar to the last BF title.
  44. Nov 20, 2011
    First time battlefield purchase from a COD4/MW2 diehard. I start off playing team death match just to get the hang of it because the ondisc instruction manual SUCKS and the cheap sobs didn't provide a paper copy. Apparently they assumed everyone has played a previous BF title and will know what the sam hill is going on. I know everyone is in love with the new frostbite engine but IFirst time battlefield purchase from a COD4/MW2 diehard. I start off playing team death match just to get the hang of it because the ondisc instruction manual SUCKS and the cheap sobs didn't provide a paper copy. Apparently they assumed everyone has played a previous BF title and will know what the sam hill is going on. I know everyone is in love with the new frostbite engine but I honestly can't see it. I think it looks terrible. The high contrast, lighting and this weird blue tinge everywhere give it a disjointed, unrealistic look. There are lots of graphic anomolies. A lamp post giving off light that forms a perfect, unmoving triangle like it's a painting. Another yellow light forming a perfect triangle in the daytime! At least I thought it was the day time because of a BLINDING white light coming from the direction of the sun, but then I noticed it was also raining and the sky was dark in other places. WTF! I also noticed what looked like water running down the side of a building but then from a different angle it disappeared! I also noticed my gun was wobbling around like it was hung from a string. Thankyou for the continual break in immersion. I remember installing the texture pack but I had to go into the system memory and check just to make sure because the graphics jsut look terrible. I realize I may not have given the game a fair shake but this was enough for me to leave the game for good. Expand
  45. Nov 20, 2011
    The TRUE battlefield series makes its return with a disappointing comeback. Fans of the Bad Company series will feel right at home, whereas the Battlefield fans (BF2 on PC) feel left in the dark. The in game menus, weapons, and gameplay is simply a rehash of the previous titles put forth by DICE. While the campaign was amazing, the multiplayer is an utter failure, not to mention EA'sThe TRUE battlefield series makes its return with a disappointing comeback. Fans of the Bad Company series will feel right at home, whereas the Battlefield fans (BF2 on PC) feel left in the dark. The in game menus, weapons, and gameplay is simply a rehash of the previous titles put forth by DICE. While the campaign was amazing, the multiplayer is an utter failure, not to mention EA's infamous "Online Pass" which draws less fortunate gamers away. BF3 is a game you'll want to rent, or borrow. Expand
  46. Nov 18, 2011
    Boring short campaign. Multiplayer would be good if it wasn't for the horrible community. Frostbite 2 is a great engine but it doesn't show in the console version. Horrible textures and pop-up are cover by glaring lense-flare. installing the texture pack doesn't actually help. It adds lag to singleplayer. If you enjoy shooters, it's worth a rental.
  47. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is just like Combat Evolved Anniversary, the only difference is the Graphics, and there still isn`t much difference to them. The tactility it was supposed to bring from BC2 is nothing, the communication in this game is crap. In this game you need to be a team to win, and nobody does that anymore. Modern Warfare 3 would be a much better choice. I admit I cam a CoD fan, but I was aThis game is just like Combat Evolved Anniversary, the only difference is the Graphics, and there still isn`t much difference to them. The tactility it was supposed to bring from BC2 is nothing, the communication in this game is crap. In this game you need to be a team to win, and nobody does that anymore. Modern Warfare 3 would be a much better choice. I admit I cam a CoD fan, but I was a Battlefield fan.
    P.S. Did you hear the insults the Dice employeys were making towards CoD. One of these quotes was ``I hope the CoD series burns from the inside out``, but probabley not in those exact words. :D
  48. Nov 16, 2011
    The campaign sucks, and the multiplayer is simple awful, some would say that the graphics are great but simple is not worth it, and the framerate is terrible
  49. Nov 16, 2011
    It's a call of duty clone. The campaign is a short, 5 hour mess of quick time events, pointless multiple roles of characters, the extremely overused frame narrative, and an uneven pacing with no plot points that are very memorable. Ask anyone next year who the main characters are, and no one will be able to give you a name. Multiplayer is ok, but it's broken. Servers work probably 60-70%It's a call of duty clone. The campaign is a short, 5 hour mess of quick time events, pointless multiple roles of characters, the extremely overused frame narrative, and an uneven pacing with no plot points that are very memorable. Ask anyone next year who the main characters are, and no one will be able to give you a name. Multiplayer is ok, but it's broken. Servers work probably 60-70% of the time in my experience, and there's a glitch where you can exploit a broken mechanic in the game which is still in the framework of the games rules. EA's solution? Ban or stat wipe every possible suspect of using it, so hopefully you aren't a heavy user of the engineer class, the one that is able to use the glitch. Expand
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    its a good game - very plesantly surprised with the new game from EA - but the bottomline is that the MP format isnt just as cool as other FPS games (read CoD) - so while I have good things to say about EA - and I have bought BF3 - I will go back to playing CoD. Perhaps wait for a BF4
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Overall a VERY VERY disappointing game. The storyline of this is basically a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops but very very poorly done and not as intense. As for the multiplayer, it has gone downhill from bad company 2. Gameplay is a lot more biased with the vehicles, the physics used in bad company 2 where destruction is capable on almost anything has been down graded to that of a fewOverall a VERY VERY disappointing game. The storyline of this is basically a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops but very very poorly done and not as intense. As for the multiplayer, it has gone downhill from bad company 2. Gameplay is a lot more biased with the vehicles, the physics used in bad company 2 where destruction is capable on almost anything has been down graded to that of a few specific walls and scenery. To conclude, not a number 1 buy, do not bother. Good luck next time EA and DICE! Expand
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    sooo... i was playing BF 2.1 today and i decided to throw it away due to the lack of everyone playing having skill besides me, seriously. everyone playing BF 2.1 is all the BK's from MW3 that couldnt get a kill. its quite funny. this copy paste game is garbage, and im sure everyone agrees with me, and please, if you are one of the losers that couldnt get a kill on cod so you play BF 2.1sooo... i was playing BF 2.1 today and i decided to throw it away due to the lack of everyone playing having skill besides me, seriously. everyone playing BF 2.1 is all the BK's from MW3 that couldnt get a kill. its quite funny. this copy paste game is garbage, and im sure everyone agrees with me, and please, if you are one of the losers that couldnt get a kill on cod so you play BF 2.1 PLEASE dislike this, just to show everyone i am correct about you guys Expand
  53. Nov 15, 2011
    Over hyped! This game is not a 10 and neither is COD. I would point out however that at least in COD the game runs smoother than this. This is entirely EAs fault, as for all the bf fanbois let me say I was a fan but this was a disappointment for multiplayer. The graphics are ok but they're not amazing, there's less destruction in this game vs bc2. The maps werent though out, why would youOver hyped! This game is not a 10 and neither is COD. I would point out however that at least in COD the game runs smoother than this. This is entirely EAs fault, as for all the bf fanbois let me say I was a fan but this was a disappointment for multiplayer. The graphics are ok but they're not amazing, there's less destruction in this game vs bc2. The maps werent though out, why would you have only 4 player classes in the game that look identical?

My score is based upon my experience with the game since release, the game is ultimately a failure, which could have been resolved in testing but it seems like they were more concerned with releasing it faster then COD.

4 out of 10. Even with a patch that solves really stupid things like blinding tactical lights (which IMO should have been and would have been addressed in testing or beta) to boosting and laggy servers. EA continually tries to reinvent the wheel, an example of this is origin, instead of just using a tried, tested and loved system (steam) as a distribution network..

Perhaps next time more attention will be out towards more than just making the visuals looks better or paying for good reviews and put toward actual testing of gameplay.
  54. Nov 15, 2011
    Don't know what but just couldn't get into this game, i just felt that the hype that surrounded the game and the fact it was meant to be a COD killer just didn't come to me, Yes the game has great graphical advances in some areas with the additional HD package you have to install but other then that its nothing that special, the campaign seems very Black Ops with the interrogation andDon't know what but just couldn't get into this game, i just felt that the hype that surrounded the game and the fact it was meant to be a COD killer just didn't come to me, Yes the game has great graphical advances in some areas with the additional HD package you have to install but other then that its nothing that special, the campaign seems very Black Ops with the interrogation and merging in and out of story. this game looks like its heading into more a simulation then a fun FPS which if it is they should vouch for that not compete with COD each have their own positives however i just never got them in this game. Expand
  55. Nov 14, 2011
    Realistic...kinda. Fun...not at all. Slow getting started, menus are convoluted, weapon attachments are ridiculous, and the game modes re the same uninspired drivel with the same boring rush and conquest modes without adding any of the fun modes we have come to expect from shooters. I know there are hipsters out there who will fight to the end for this game because it isn't as popular asRealistic...kinda. Fun...not at all. Slow getting started, menus are convoluted, weapon attachments are ridiculous, and the game modes re the same uninspired drivel with the same boring rush and conquest modes without adding any of the fun modes we have come to expect from shooters. I know there are hipsters out there who will fight to the end for this game because it isn't as popular as other titles out there (Skyrim, MW3, Batman)...but they are the same people who will turn on the game if it ever sold 3 million copies in the opening weekend. It's too bad that with all of the fun games released this year, the fanboys from this game are out there trying to attack user scores for games they have never played. Expand
  56. Nov 14, 2011
    Too much hype over a game that is almost similiar to bad company 2. Not much of an improvement in graphics and the campaign was terrible. I honestly dont even play this game anymore. 2/10
  57. Nov 14, 2011
    Plain boring game. Vehicles are just for kids that doesnt know how to play and they are made so they could get kills. As a starcraft competetive player, i hate also poor balance of the game.
  58. Nov 14, 2011
    Probably the greatest graphical breakthrough this year... However a complete fail on the campaign.... and in the multi-player, I just could'nt get to grips with, so its another fail..
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    This game really isn't worth a review, but I will sacrifice 3 minutes of my time to chime in. Call of Duty killer? That's a laugh! EA needs their heads examined. Pros: 1) I got good trade in $ at Gamestop for MW3. Cons: 1) Same ol, same ol. The maps are too big to generate the type of pacing and excitement to make the game addictive. You have to love spawning at the beginning of a gameThis game really isn't worth a review, but I will sacrifice 3 minutes of my time to chime in. Call of Duty killer? That's a laugh! EA needs their heads examined. Pros: 1) I got good trade in $ at Gamestop for MW3. Cons: 1) Same ol, same ol. The maps are too big to generate the type of pacing and excitement to make the game addictive. You have to love spawning at the beginning of a game and having to run 500 yards to get to the flag targets only to get sniped and then you have to do it all over again. What fun! 2) Great move putting maps on the console versions that were made for 64 players and only letting 24 layers play on them. I took coffee breaks between enemy sightings. 3) Campaign is not only weak, it is pathetic, ridiculous, and boring. 4) Can't practice flying jets other than in multiplayer matches. 5) Not enough modes of gameplay to generate replay value. Do yourself a favor and skip this game completely. Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    Again, a bunch of biased fanboy opinions giving the game full marks, I consider this game to have an alright storyline, but an absolutely boring multiplayer. I hate the fact that everyone rushes towards vehicles, snipers are everywhere, there is barely any movement between the two opposing teams and I can not help but say that MW3 has been found to be so much more fun with an alrightAgain, a bunch of biased fanboy opinions giving the game full marks, I consider this game to have an alright storyline, but an absolutely boring multiplayer. I hate the fact that everyone rushes towards vehicles, snipers are everywhere, there is barely any movement between the two opposing teams and I can not help but say that MW3 has been found to be so much more fun with an alright storyline and absolutely fantastic multiplayer. Expand
  61. Nov 12, 2011
    Re-hashed BFBC:2. nothing new and innovative here folks. Same game, new name!! Everyone says MW3 is bad, this takes home first place in the crap department. At least in MW3 the enemy can be found, they aren't under the map or in a bush hiding like a sissy!
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    fail game is fail. nothing like bf2, exactly like bfbc2. how is this a good game? I played this game over a year ago when it was first released as bfbc2.
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    JOKE SERIOUS graphics are bfbc2 on ps3 on PC OK
    but game play same the campaign was 3 hours long wtf multiplayer is horrible with campers in bushes and pistols kill machines its irratates me but graphics saved this game co op 6 missions boring and ridiculous
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    looks grate but the game is bad
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Looks good, but sucks! The single player campaign is laughable, and the only decent aspect is the multiplayer. The rest of the game is garbage, or typical EA quality!
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    Bargain bin buy if in the future there is a dry spell in gaming. Multiplayer is about as entertaining as that stick with the rubber ball attached to it, single player is a bbad knock off of Call of Duty's Black Ops campaign, and their co-op has got to be worst feature of all. Also the BF community is full of immature children. Boo yahh trolls!
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected fromThis game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected from because of the servers. Last time I checked, they were down. The graphics (even with HD upgrade download) are just horrendous. Gameplay is the typical BF gameplay. Controls are jumpy. I can't truly depict how poorly this game was made. It might be true that the graphics on the PC version are terrific (for those that can afford the graphics card), but the xbox version is just pathetic. The game was overhyped...and now people are starting to realize why EA refused to let the game be reviewed before release. Expand
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    Boring campaign. Slow multiplayer, looks terrible even after the texture download. Suprised they shipped this buggy mess with the stolen Black Op story rehashed.
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    I give it a two for effort. Graphics is nice thats about it. Big maps are nice but sniping camping and just long drawn out mp. I play mayne two mat hes and am bored. No excitement or feeling epic completion . Just another bf money taker. Returned day after purchase and i dont see why people like this franchise it boring its like madden just comes out with another game lil better graphicsI give it a two for effort. Graphics is nice thats about it. Big maps are nice but sniping camping and just long drawn out mp. I play mayne two mat hes and am bored. No excitement or feeling epic completion . Just another bf money taker. Returned day after purchase and i dont see why people like this franchise it boring its like madden just comes out with another game lil better graphics and through the year on it say buy me im the best. Geuss not. Expand
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    Basically a 60 buck beta. Same issues. Cant join teams with friends. Voice is **** Glitches galore. Broken maps you can leave and run around outside the playing area. Flashlights that blind you in the day time. Really? Red lasers that blind you when not shined in youre eyes. Really? Like someone said why release old code if you have new code for the beta. They were lying the beta was theBasically a 60 buck beta. Same issues. Cant join teams with friends. Voice is **** Glitches galore. Broken maps you can leave and run around outside the playing area. Flashlights that blind you in the day time. Really? Red lasers that blind you when not shined in youre eyes. Really? Like someone said why release old code if you have new code for the beta. They were lying the beta was the new code cause its exactly what you got in the final product. Expand
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons ofThis game is more of a prototype than a fully finished FPS. The frostbite 2 engine needs to work out some major kinks. If you're on the fence about which military shooter to pick up this year, do yourself a favor and get MW3. Maybe next time around battlefield will be the better online shooter, but for now there are far too many glitches to enjoy. Truly a shame, game had tons of potential. Little bit of a disappointment, but hoping for a better game next time. Expand
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Having always played both games, I can't help but feel that this is just a cheap knock-off. The campaign is the worst of its genre and the multiplayer is poorly designed in both the mechanics and the map design. I think I was expecting more. Its just not as fun as the CoD games. I played this until MW3 came out, but now I need to sell this on eBay and focus on achieving Prestige inHaving always played both games, I can't help but feel that this is just a cheap knock-off. The campaign is the worst of its genre and the multiplayer is poorly designed in both the mechanics and the map design. I think I was expecting more. Its just not as fun as the CoD games. I played this until MW3 came out, but now I need to sell this on eBay and focus on achieving Prestige in MW3. BTW, some people say the Multiplayer is more realistic. here is some news for you.....more realistic does not equal more fun or make it a better game. Enjoy. Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    Multiplayer is a complete rehash of the first game, looks good, but nothing new. The visuals are good but the gameplay leaves something to be desired.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Maybe EA should have spent more time tuning the game rather than putting out ads to compete with Call of Duty. The hit detection in campaign is horrible, and the game locked up on 360 multiple times on the flying level. I just gave up trying to even play the campaign. The MP is very unbalanced. I don't want to play Deathmatch non-stop, but that is what you have to do to even be able toMaybe EA should have spent more time tuning the game rather than putting out ads to compete with Call of Duty. The hit detection in campaign is horrible, and the game locked up on 360 multiple times on the flying level. I just gave up trying to even play the campaign. The MP is very unbalanced. I don't want to play Deathmatch non-stop, but that is what you have to do to even be able to compete in the other game types. If you don't level your weapons up, then you will get owned in Rush and Conquest modes. Luckily for me I was able to lock in a $40 trade in at amazon for the game. The games looks and sounds great, but trying to play it is a completely different story. I have seen much of the same as other have reported with unresponsiveness. Also what is that it takes multiple head shots to take-down the AI in campaign. That is what I mean by horrible hit detection. This game feels like it was rushed out the door to make it to market before Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Didn't buy the game because the reviews described it as average and incredibly buggy, I am only giving this game a zero because of the battlefield fans giving MW3 zeros which is by far a better game made by developers far far more talented than DICE. Also I like multiplayer thats fun and requires huge amounts of skill like Halo.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    Many words before the release of the game. But finally, nothing special! A campaign boring, boring, boring,... Multiplayer goog but only 9 maps and only 4 interesting! Graphics good, ok! But its not the more important! Finally disappointing...
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    Totally gutted! Got my copy and its unplayable for me. Play on HDTV with HDMI and have an enormous amount of 'controller' lag on both M/P and campaign. After trawling the net, many others experiencing same but by no means everyone. The game is completely unplayable for me. Its disgraceful! Always been a BF player. 4 out of ten and that's generous! Rapidly loosing faith in EA. Gave cod 5Totally gutted! Got my copy and its unplayable for me. Play on HDTV with HDMI and have an enormous amount of 'controller' lag on both M/P and campaign. After trawling the net, many others experiencing same but by no means everyone. The game is completely unplayable for me. Its disgraceful! Always been a BF player. 4 out of ten and that's generous! Rapidly loosing faith in EA. Gave cod 5 because at least I can play. I can play BF, but its so slow to carry out my input, I cant compete. Therefore, useless! Expand
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    So what's the deal w/blue screens and corrupted save data? whats the deal w/the sound cutting out or disappearing all together? Also what about noob tubing and other noob equipment? How can my enemies shoot me around corners and through concrete walls? How come when I try to adjust the brightness every which wayI still can't seem to see my enemies especially on an HD tv no less?? HonestlySo what's the deal w/blue screens and corrupted save data? whats the deal w/the sound cutting out or disappearing all together? Also what about noob tubing and other noob equipment? How can my enemies shoot me around corners and through concrete walls? How come when I try to adjust the brightness every which wayI still can't seem to see my enemies especially on an HD tv no less?? Honestly i switched from COD to the BF franchise cuz I like BFBC2 and all the talk that BF3 was going to be the best game ever created and take down COD once and for all I actually believed it. I feel like such a sucker. I even convinced myself that the beta was a rough copy and that it would be ok but i was dead wrong. I'm so mad that i wasted my $ on this garbage. Thanks EA/DICE. The only game I will ever buy from you is ME3 and then i'm done. Tomorrow I'm trading in BF3 towards a copy of MW3. I just hope they'll forgive me for making a huge mistake Expand
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    MP is pretty fun, campaign sucked dick and EA has horrible costumer support so there you go take it or leave it i would wait until this game is $30
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    This game just can't live up to what everyone expected. The visuals might be great, but that's all...
    The singeplayer campain is a bad thing. Not the epic action as you would expect. Also there are a lot of bugs in this game. There are even some parts of the campain that have been ripped straight from Call Of Duty! And then Battlefield 3 said: Above and Beyond the Call.. but Modern Warfare 3 has sold over 2 times the copies of Battlefield 3. So beat that. Also there is just a lack of multiplayer modes. The maps are way to large, and it makes the gameplay slow. I think that even the singleplayer and multiplayer of Bad Company was better then the whole Battlefield 3 game.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    Unfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technicalUnfortunately EA DICE is not able to deliver all of the many promises made by marketing. From a technical perspective this look like an unfinished game. The singleplayer campaign suffers from basic technical issues where story progression is impossible as certain criteria has not been fulfilled. In multiplayer, that is supposed to be the games one strength, the pervasive technical deficiencies is even more obvious. Mainly clipping is a issue where you can be shoot because from you point of view you are in cover, while you opponent has an unobstructed view for a kill. If you are new to the first person military shooters there are other more balanced games available. Expand
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    This game was crap. The campaign was boring. Controls were terrible. Graphics look 5 years old. Multiplayer is full of campers and 12 year olds who get their team killed. The biggest problem is by far the controls. There is huge latency in response and the jumps around, instead of moving smoothly. If they fixed this one thing I would be much more inclined to play it. I haven't beenThis game was crap. The campaign was boring. Controls were terrible. Graphics look 5 years old. Multiplayer is full of campers and 12 year olds who get their team killed. The biggest problem is by far the controls. There is huge latency in response and the jumps around, instead of moving smoothly. If they fixed this one thing I would be much more inclined to play it. I haven't been impressed with anything EA puts out though and with them gobbling up all the smaller game developers, they are ruining the gaming industry by putting out half-assed games. Expand
  83. Nov 9, 2011
    A game wanting to be the best in a genre it serisouly lags in. New engine was a nice try but a huge fail overall. Still nothing new in multiplayer. Same old vehicles, huge maps, boring game modes that are truly unrewarding.
  84. Nov 9, 2011
    The single player way overwhelmed...the multiplayer has its moments...but the vehicles sometimes sap the fun out of the game. the gun play is a positive but it would be better if the game moved at 60 frames per second like the computer version.
  85. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a complete let down, the graphics took a back seat, the multiplayer is laggy and clunky,and the story mode is a rip off from black ops. Don't believe the reviews and save your money, rent it and experience it for yourself. Not to mention the servers suck, i hope EA gets their act together next time.
  86. Nov 9, 2011
    Just a pure letdown! First off I love the air vehicles, but they get boring fast since ground groups can take you down before you even take off some times. Secondly there are wayyyyyyyy to many noobs on this game, campers, people who rely on flashlight blinding and an ever lasting supply of rockets. I know your rockets run down but when they re spawn from camping in a building, round aJust a pure letdown! First off I love the air vehicles, but they get boring fast since ground groups can take you down before you even take off some times. Secondly there are wayyyyyyyy to many noobs on this game, campers, people who rely on flashlight blinding and an ever lasting supply of rockets. I know your rockets run down but when they re spawn from camping in a building, round a corner, whatever and wherever they will noob you off again. Thirdly the spawn system, I can't even count as high as the number of times I have died .100th of a second after spawning. While I love big maps it simply doesn't work, the character movement is slow, the objective is soo far away (if you don't want to die on squad spawning) and by the time you get there (after driving a sluggish controlling vechical) your visit is stopped by the same campers. Rarely I have met a good player, and if there was one it's on a Mao where we will only meet once or twice because the campers will block our paths. Sadly a let down as I was really hoping this would be good even after the terrible beta. Single player graphics seem to too the MP even with the hd install. Just bad unfortunatlley. Campers, noob attachments, rocket warfare, with pointless objectives as either team are superglued 2-3 foot away from them and don't budge for the full length of the game. And yes to avoid objectives you can play TDM but then the maps shout out camp and it's just horrible. A lot worse then bad company 2 IMHO and I think bc2 is only good on ps3 NOT 360, for some reason play station players play bc2 well unlike the Xbox noobs. I love my Xbox I'm not bad mouthing it, just for some reason on the ps3 version if bc2 it is a lot better online. Not a cod fanboy one bit. Read my other reviews! Both games this year BF3 and MW3 sucked mega balls! Roll on saints row 3 and assassins creed revelations. Expand
  87. Nov 9, 2011
    Piece of junk and insult for BF fans.Totally overhyped game.

- burn out contrast/bloom/hdr and no way to town it down - it hurts yours eyes and its impossible to spot enemies which look most of the time like background or like your teammates, people shot you out of nowhere from pitch black shadows - blinding lights from sun - lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers - very
    Piece of junk and insult for BF fans.Totally overhyped game.

- blinding lights from sun - lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers - very annoying and lame
    - tiny maps with chokepoints
    - soldiers and vehicles move too fast
    - autohealing for vehicles, unlimited ammo
    - recon useless - no camouflage for recon, silly scope flare giving your position away
    - ugly gray/bluish color cast on some maps
    - env. not as destructive as in BC2

Most of maps are tiny, graphics is ugly(contrast bloom hdr way over the top) and hurts your gameplay and eyes, difficult to spot enemies because of too much contrast and and too dark shadows.I was big BF series fan owned BF2,BF2142,BFBC2 but BF3 totally sucks, tiny maps make you feel you play Unreal Tournmanet and not battlefield.Disappointment of the year :(
  88. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is just p[lain disappointing for all the hype it received and I have played BF since 1942 and I am not at all impressed! Graphics don't make the game, game play and solid controls make the game and this lacks both!
  89. Nov 9, 2011
    Not impressed at all! EA servers rubbish as usual and the maps are too big for just 24 players. The story is short and massively boring. I would rather play BF2, personally i liked the maps and story more. This game is getting traded in soon as, shame as i was looking forward to this and is a let down. It only got a 3 because i liked BF2 and thats stopped it being a zero.
  90. Nov 9, 2011
    A lot of fuss over nothing. OK, the campaign is NOT something you'd ever buy a BF title for, but the MP is no great shakes either. However, it fairs slightly better than MW3, but not by much. As with MW3, a waste of cash IMHO, so I'll be looking to trade when something decent comes out. A bargain basement buy at least.
  91. Nov 8, 2011
    LAUGHABLE AT BEST. this game wasn't worth renting. imagine a fat 13 year old with one year of tae kwon do training once a week fighting fedor emelianenko, thats how this game compares to modern warfare 3. i'm serious, i cannot even put into words how much of an embarassing failure this game is.
  92. Nov 8, 2011
    Oh dear. Never been so bored in a game. Single player is a joke, multiplayer is glitchy and
    Graphics slump badly. I wanted this to be the a COD killer, but it
    Just showed why its the best in class. Shame.
  93. Nov 8, 2011
    Bad game, its community is full of socially deprived, deluded virgins who think there's a war between games. They're just compensating because they've never accomplished anything..
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    Feels like a cheap MW knockoff. The controls aren't as smooth as MW. Parts of the campaign are really boring. Technical issues up the wazoo. Been a great disappointment. Buy it in the bargain bin.
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    It has terrible single player mode and bad, empty spec ops mode. Multiplayer mode is full of campers. It has lots of unfixed bugs. Maps are not enough.
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    Good....Good...Let the butthurt flow through you. Seriously fan girls, whats wrong with you? Its not battlefield so it sucks. Same can be said the other way around.
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    Boring. Everyone agrees, even the fanboys that the campaign mode is terrible. Multiplayer is a little better, but the graphics are weak and gameplay is slow. I sold my copy on ebay and have been enjoying the game of the year....COD MW3. Take it from a soldier, COD MW3 as good as it gets!
  98. Nov 7, 2011
    Single Player- definitely not worth the space on the disk. Uninspired, short and not engaging. If you want to buy this game for single player, just rent it and you will be glad you made that choice. Very little replay value.

Multiplayer- the main thing for me is that the maps feel like they were designed for big 64 player PC battles. On XBox it feels a little slow and uninspiring with so few players per map. Player movement is also slightly sluggish- with less customisation, the inability to leave a table at the end of the match and some early server issues proving to be frustrating. For BFBC2 fans, expect less destructibility and (IMO) graphics too..

Multiplayer can still be fun, however it just doesn't seem like it has a lot of long term appeal.

All in all I would recommend to hire before you buy, and also to try the PC version in lieu of the console version(s).
  99. Nov 4, 2011
    Overhyped, unpolished & unreliable servers provided by EA/DICE.

I really wanted this game to be good. After playing the BETA, I still kept my preorder, because I had faith that the developers would listen to us. But, as with BC2 & MoH, it was a let down, BF3 even more so. I do not buy BF games for their single player, so I did not care for it and does not affect my rating. As with
    Overhyped, unpolished & unreliable servers provided by EA/DICE.

But, as with BC2 & MoH, it was a let down, BF3 even more so.

As with every major BF release there have been many problems with the servers, to a point where the game is unplayable.

BF3 still feels unpolished, and there are numerous bugs that I could write a novel about.

Bottom line is, this game tries to cater for a broader audience and in the process alienating the core fans, people who play their games for years after the release.

Extremely disappointed. But maybe, just maybe, with a couple patches this 4 could turn into an 7.
  100. Nov 4, 2011
    Oh EA, so sure that this game would destroy Modern Warfare 3 if only it was true. First off the graphics in this game is amazing for a console, wonderful lighting effects and detail (With the HD pack). The sound quality of the guns and recoil is my favourite part of the game, it feels great to shoot a gun in this game. All very impressive visuals and sound but when it comes to campaign,Oh EA, so sure that this game would destroy Modern Warfare 3 if only it was true. First off the graphics in this game is amazing for a console, wonderful lighting effects and detail (With the HD pack). The sound quality of the guns and recoil is my favourite part of the game, it feels great to shoot a gun in this game. All very impressive visuals and sound but when it comes to campaign, that's where everything goes wrong. The story takes itself too seriously, the boring jet ride, repetitive gameplay, just another story about USA vs Russia as if we haven't seen that before..."It doesn't matter!" A fanboy cried out "Graphics and Multiplayer Rock!". Ah, Multiplayer which is the best part of the game, I had fun with the beta but it went me tell you this. I can't play on Multiplayer, why? Because the code didn't work and I contacted Amazon and they contacted EA and EA said they said I will have to Buy it for 800 MSP. As if. The code's are getting pretty pathetic, at least in Bad Company 2 I could play online without the code but I won't get the free maps, I'm happy with that. This game is a huge disappointment. I regret ever buying this game. I'd hate to say this fanboy's, but when It comes to campaign, MW3 will win that one. Expand

1. Feb 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a great single player campaign you're out of luck, rent BF3 or pick it up in the bargain bin. If you're looking for the best online multiplayer action then BF3 is your game hands down.
  2. Jan 24, 2012
    While Battlefield 3 was aiming to be the biggest name this holiday season, and while it has made strides towards knocking off Modern Warfare 3, it misses the mark. That's not to say it is a bad game, it's a very good one, but the polish and excitement that is found on the Call of Duty series feels missing here. Still, there are much worse games you could end up with this holiday season, and the competition between the two series should heat up significantly in the next few years.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    This experience alone sums up what Battlefield 3 is about. It isn't a John Rambo run and gun shooter and it shouldn't really be compared to MW3 in terms of how you play it. For players to truly understand the Battlefield experience you need to embrace the teamwork by joining a squad and calling out your spotted enemies, as after all, sometimes you also need your back covered too.