7.4

Mixed or average reviews- based on 2099 Ratings

1. Oct 27, 2011
    This game suffers greatly from some very poor design choices but let me first get the campaign out of the way. It is visually pleasing but not much else. Multiplayer is where the design flaws hurt the most. The maps are absolutely huge which would be great if there were more than 24 players per game. That is not a dice flaw but what is a dice flaw is that proning exists. There is no reasonThis game suffers greatly from some very poor design choices but let me first get the campaign out of the way. It is visually pleasing but not much else. Multiplayer is where the design flaws hurt the most. The maps are absolutely huge which would be great if there were more than 24 players per game. That is not a dice flaw but what is a dice flaw is that proning exists. There is no reason for proning in this game, it basically makes it impossible to find anyone in team deathmatch and you almost always get killed by some guy proning hidden away. Next there is absolutely to ways to deal with a camper in this game. The explosives in this game are unrealistically weak so you basically just have to try to run into where they are camping and use fast reflexes to kill them....but this never works. So team deathmatch is not a viable option in this game. Conquest is far too big of a game for 24 players so it is very slow paced and vehicles are useless. Which leads me to another point: they don't have jet/heli tutorials in the game. Rush is the only reasonalbe mode to play but it is always better to be on the defending team than the opposing as it is also ridden with campers. A lot of people will try to justify these annoyances by claiming that it is realistic.....the campaign says otherwise. Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    Bad game...framerate is terrible (play batman, then switch to this and you'll see what I mean), single player is boring, servers have a hard time accepting connections, and then when you finally get in you're playing in a blue colored world where the maps are too large for the number of players. Already listed it on eBay - don't waste your money.
  3. Oct 26, 2011
    Baddest Battlefield ever made, too many arcade feature making him more similar to mw, map are ridicolous small, nothing similar with previous Battlefield except the name and the presence of vehicle.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    I dont know how this could meet...let alone EXCEED ANYONES expectations??? Piece of Crap...I feel totally ripped off. This game was hyped as being the best thing since sliced bread. Personally Id rather have the bread!! The controls are soggy and slow and the framerate is horrible!!! MAYBE 20 frames per second?I get killed by people I cant even see, then I respawn and I am stuck in theI dont know how this could meet...let alone EXCEED ANYONES expectations??? Piece of Crap...I feel totally ripped off. This game was hyped as being the best thing since sliced bread. Personally Id rather have the bread!! The controls are soggy and slow and the framerate is horrible!!! MAYBE 20 frames per second?I get killed by people I cant even see, then I respawn and I am stuck in the ground!! I knew I should have cancelled my preorder when I played the beta. Nut I had faith that DICE would fix them. I cant get over all the bugs, and frankly it really doesnt look good. What happened to that new fangled "frostbite" engine that everyone said was going to make this super awesome? FAIL! LIE!! FAIL!!!! The single player mission is a joke... I literally have nothing positive to say. I should have gone with my gut feeling and stuck with Modern Warfare3. I wonder if Bestbuy will take a return based on the game being garbage?

Summary... save your money! EA you have let me down again...and for the last time.
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    Too much hype over a game that is almost similiar to bad company 2. Not much of an improvement in graphics and the campaign was terrible. I honestly dont even play this game anymore. 2/10
  6. Aug 14, 2012
    i wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seeni wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seen what a woman looks like, or know how to have a life then this tripe is for you. I can not recall a game online that didn't turn into spawn rape, you will spend your time dying as soon as you spawn only to have to wait to do it all over again. and Dice is making bf4 well all i can say shove it up your A*^. BF2142 was 10x the game this is, so was bf2. my advice is burn every copy you come across and spare the world anothe bland game. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    Realistic...kinda. Fun...not at all. Slow getting started, menus are convoluted, weapon attachments are ridiculous, and the game modes re the same uninspired drivel with the same boring rush and conquest modes without adding any of the fun modes we have come to expect from shooters. I know there are hipsters out there who will fight to the end for this game because it isn't as popular asRealistic...kinda. Fun...not at all. Slow getting started, menus are convoluted, weapon attachments are ridiculous, and the game modes re the same uninspired drivel with the same boring rush and conquest modes without adding any of the fun modes we have come to expect from shooters. I know there are hipsters out there who will fight to the end for this game because it isn't as popular as other titles out there (Skyrim, MW3, Batman)...but they are the same people who will turn on the game if it ever sold 3 million copies in the opening weekend. It's too bad that with all of the fun games released this year, the fanboys from this game are out there trying to attack user scores for games they have never played. Expand
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    This game really isn't worth a review, but I will sacrifice 3 minutes of my time to chime in. Call of Duty killer? That's a laugh! EA needs their heads examined. Pros: 1) I got good trade in $ at Gamestop for MW3. Cons: 1) Same ol, same ol. The maps are too big to generate the type of pacing and excitement to make the game addictive. You have to love spawning at the beginning of a gameThis game really isn't worth a review, but I will sacrifice 3 minutes of my time to chime in. Call of Duty killer? That's a laugh! EA needs their heads examined. Pros: 1) I got good trade in $ at Gamestop for MW3. Cons: 1) Same ol, same ol. The maps are too big to generate the type of pacing and excitement to make the game addictive. You have to love spawning at the beginning of a game and having to run 500 yards to get to the flag targets only to get sniped and then you have to do it all over again. What fun! 2) Great move putting maps on the console versions that were made for 64 players and only letting 24 layers play on them. I took coffee breaks between enemy sightings. 3) Campaign is not only weak, it is pathetic, ridiculous, and boring. 4) Can't practice flying jets other than in multiplayer matches. 5) Not enough modes of gameplay to generate replay value. Do yourself a favor and skip this game completely. Expand
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is just p[lain disappointing for all the hype it received and I have played BF since 1942 and I am not at all impressed! Graphics don't make the game, game play and solid controls make the game and this lacks both!
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    The single player way overwhelmed...the multiplayer has its moments...but the vehicles sometimes sap the fun out of the game. the gun play is a positive but it would be better if the game moved at 60 frames per second like the computer version.
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    Plain boring game. Vehicles are just for kids that doesnt know how to play and they are made so they could get kills. As a starcraft competetive player, i hate also poor balance of the game.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Don't know what but just couldn't get into this game, i just felt that the hype that surrounded the game and the fact it was meant to be a COD killer just didn't come to me, Yes the game has great graphical advances in some areas with the additional HD package you have to install but other then that its nothing that special, the campaign seems very Black Ops with the interrogation andDon't know what but just couldn't get into this game, i just felt that the hype that surrounded the game and the fact it was meant to be a COD killer just didn't come to me, Yes the game has great graphical advances in some areas with the additional HD package you have to install but other then that its nothing that special, the campaign seems very Black Ops with the interrogation and merging in and out of story. this game looks like its heading into more a simulation then a fun FPS which if it is they should vouch for that not compete with COD each have their own positives however i just never got them in this game. Expand
  13. Nov 25, 2011
    Registered for the sole reason to give this game the score it deserves. I've only played the multiplayer, so my opinion in based only on the MP part. I played Halo3, Reach, MW and MW2. In all these games, I had a K/D ratio in the range of 1,7 -> 2,5. I just mention this to tell, that I'm pretty decent. I enjoyed the before mentioned games, even in the learning stages (where you get to knowRegistered for the sole reason to give this game the score it deserves. I've only played the multiplayer, so my opinion in based only on the MP part. I played Halo3, Reach, MW and MW2. In all these games, I had a K/D ratio in the range of 1,7 -> 2,5. I just mention this to tell, that I'm pretty decent. I enjoyed the before mentioned games, even in the learning stages (where you get to know the maps, the guns, etc). In this case however, I did not have a single moment of joy, despite playing 10hrs. Maps are huge, if you don't want to sit in a tank, then you have to run 500m to reach a target destination. When you get there, you are either going to get sniped or gunned down by a tank. Oh, of course, huge map, small number of player (24 on a map designed for 60+? really? ), lots of running, not much shooting -> you get the picture. I mean come on. How can anybody play a shooter game where you have maps, where you can hardly even see 9 enemy players, let alone kill them? Small maps:
    Just a few words to describe the feeling. Mortar, prone, camping, lens flare, dust, tanks (you simply have to have tanks on small maps ). Isn't this the recipe of enjoyment? Well, it may be, but not for me. Rubbish game.
    I gave it a 1, because you can sprint more in this game, than in Viva Pinata: Party Animals.
  14. Dec 26, 2011
    This game is a piece of **** if you don't have xbox live. Yeah, the xbox live is all right, but the campaign is a waste of time. Not to mention that the game has to load every freaking time you die, a total pain in the ass. I don't want to have to spend anymore, but I guess I'm going to need xbox live to make this game remotely fun.
  15. Nov 9, 2011
    Not impressed at all! EA servers rubbish as usual and the maps are too big for just 24 players. The story is short and massively boring. I would rather play BF2, personally i liked the maps and story more. This game is getting traded in soon as, shame as i was looking forward to this and is a let down. It only got a 3 because i liked BF2 and thats stopped it being a zero.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Again, a bunch of biased fanboy opinions giving the game full marks, I consider this game to have an alright storyline, but an absolutely boring multiplayer. I hate the fact that everyone rushes towards vehicles, snipers are everywhere, there is barely any movement between the two opposing teams and I can not help but say that MW3 has been found to be so much more fun with an alrightAgain, a bunch of biased fanboy opinions giving the game full marks, I consider this game to have an alright storyline, but an absolutely boring multiplayer. I hate the fact that everyone rushes towards vehicles, snipers are everywhere, there is barely any movement between the two opposing teams and I can not help but say that MW3 has been found to be so much more fun with an alright storyline and absolutely fantastic multiplayer. Expand
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    Probably the greatest graphical breakthrough this year... However a complete fail on the campaign.... and in the multi-player, I just could'nt get to grips with, so its another fail..
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    It's a call of duty clone. The campaign is a short, 5 hour mess of quick time events, pointless multiple roles of characters, the extremely overused frame narrative, and an uneven pacing with no plot points that are very memorable. Ask anyone next year who the main characters are, and no one will be able to give you a name. Multiplayer is ok, but it's broken. Servers work probably 60-70%It's a call of duty clone. The campaign is a short, 5 hour mess of quick time events, pointless multiple roles of characters, the extremely overused frame narrative, and an uneven pacing with no plot points that are very memorable. Ask anyone next year who the main characters are, and no one will be able to give you a name. Multiplayer is ok, but it's broken. Servers work probably 60-70% of the time in my experience, and there's a glitch where you can exploit a broken mechanic in the game which is still in the framework of the games rules. EA's solution? Ban or stat wipe every possible suspect of using it, so hopefully you aren't a heavy user of the engineer class, the one that is able to use the glitch. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2011
    The campaign sucks, and the multiplayer is simple awful, some would say that the graphics are great but simple is not worth it, and the framerate is terrible
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    Overall a VERY VERY disappointing game. The storyline of this is basically a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops but very very poorly done and not as intense. As for the multiplayer, it has gone downhill from bad company 2. Gameplay is a lot more biased with the vehicles, the physics used in bad company 2 where destruction is capable on almost anything has been down graded to that of a fewOverall a VERY VERY disappointing game. The storyline of this is basically a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops but very very poorly done and not as intense. As for the multiplayer, it has gone downhill from bad company 2. Gameplay is a lot more biased with the vehicles, the physics used in bad company 2 where destruction is capable on almost anything has been down graded to that of a few specific walls and scenery. To conclude, not a number 1 buy, do not bother. Good luck next time EA and DICE! Expand
  21. Dec 2, 2011
    Awful, completely different feel from BBC2, which played much better IMO. It feels almost like this game wasn't play tested at all, its extremely unbalanced. The medic based class, (Which is now named Assault for some reason) as others have mentioned, is now completely pointless as health regenerates as fast as it does in COD. Sniping in general in this game is just really overpowered asAwful, completely different feel from BBC2, which played much better IMO. It feels almost like this game wasn't play tested at all, its extremely unbalanced. The medic based class, (Which is now named Assault for some reason) as others have mentioned, is now completely pointless as health regenerates as fast as it does in COD. Sniping in general in this game is just really overpowered as it is so easy to do, rifle sway being practically non-existant. While certainly most people will probably disagree with this review, I feel like it was a huge step down from badco2 Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is terrible!

This game is terrible!

DICE game us the same crap once again. The campaign is awful, don't kid yourselves. This game is designed for destructible environments, yet the campaign is on a staged path and is poorly done. You feel nothing for the characters and the story isn't good enough to keep people interested in completing the 5 hour campaign. Moving onto multiplayer.... UNLIMITED mortar ruins the game, its so stupid. When the game came out this wasn't a problem. However, now every has one or a maxed out gun. So dumb. I went back to BF2 after 10 hours of playtime. Everyone and their grandma camps the jet spawn or fails to use team work. Then you have good old EA forcing players to sign up for their bull crap social network services. They want your contact and personal info, even though you want nothing to do with them. 0/10.
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Over hyped! This game is not a 10 and neither is COD. I would point out however that at least in COD the game runs smoother than this. This is entirely EAs fault, as for all the bf fanbois let me say I was a fan but this was a disappointment for multiplayer. The graphics are ok but they're not amazing, there's less destruction in this game vs bc2. The maps werent though out, why would youOver hyped! This game is not a 10 and neither is COD. I would point out however that at least in COD the game runs smoother than this. This is entirely EAs fault, as for all the bf fanbois let me say I was a fan but this was a disappointment for multiplayer. The graphics are ok but they're not amazing, there's less destruction in this game vs bc2. The maps werent though out, why would you have only 4 player classes in the game that look identical?

My score is based upon my experience with the game since release, the game is ultimately a failure, which could have been resolved in testing but it seems like they were more concerned with releasing it faster then COD.

4 out of 10. Even with a patch that solves really stupid things like blinding tactical lights (which IMO should have been and would have been addressed in testing or beta) to boosting and laggy servers. EA continually tries to reinvent the wheel, an example of this is origin, instead of just using a tried, tested and loved system (steam) as a distribution network..

Perhaps next time more attention will be out towards more than just making the visuals looks better or paying for good reviews and put toward actual testing of gameplay.
  24. Nov 8, 2011
    It has terrible single player mode and bad, empty spec ops mode. Multiplayer mode is full of campers. It has lots of unfixed bugs. Maps are not enough.
  25. Nov 4, 2011
    Overhyped, unpolished & unreliable servers provided by EA/DICE.

I really wanted this game to be good. After playing the BETA, I still kept my preorder, because I had faith that the developers would listen to us. But, as with BC2 & MoH, it was a let down, BF3 even more so. I do not buy BF games for their single player, so I did not care for it and does not affect my rating. As with
    Overhyped, unpolished & unreliable servers provided by EA/DICE.

But, as with BC2 & MoH, it was a let down, BF3 even more so.

As with every major BF release there have been many problems with the servers, to a point where the game is unplayable.

BF3 still feels unpolished, and there are numerous bugs that I could write a novel about.

Bottom line is, this game tries to cater for a broader audience and in the process alienating the core fans, people who play their games for years after the release.

Extremely disappointed. But maybe, just maybe, with a couple patches this 4 could turn into an 7.
  26. Nov 1, 2011
    Somebody needs to give this game a proper review. Basically every review from the pro's have been saying that same thing. That basically 2/3 of the game is of no use and that the multiplayer is being plagued by connection issues yet the game gets a rating of 90+? In what world does that make any sense?
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected fromThis game is hideous. During the beta, all we heard from people that defended the awful gameplay was "it's just a beta." The graphics? "It's just a beta." The glitches? Beta. The beta was supposedly to help test the servers to make sure they were ready for release. They weren't. The game servers have been off and on all day. Most of the matches I've played, I've been disconnected from because of the servers. Last time I checked, they were down. The graphics (even with HD upgrade download) are just horrendous. Gameplay is the typical BF gameplay. Controls are jumpy. I can't truly depict how poorly this game was made. It might be true that the graphics on the PC version are terrific (for those that can afford the graphics card), but the xbox version is just pathetic. The game was overhyped...and now people are starting to realize why EA refused to let the game be reviewed before release. Expand
  28. Nov 9, 2011
    A lot of fuss over nothing. OK, the campaign is NOT something you'd ever buy a BF title for, but the MP is no great shakes either. However, it fairs slightly better than MW3, but not by much. As with MW3, a waste of cash IMHO, so I'll be looking to trade when something decent comes out. A bargain basement buy at least.
  29. Oct 28, 2011
    I'm giving this game a 5 today, but this score may change in the future. 5 is a low score, yes, but let me explain why. First the single player is short, but entertaining. Co-op is fun but... this game is about multiplayer, multiplayer is f'n amazing. And here is where it falls off the rails. Multiplayer is massive and highly detailed with huge maps, many vehicles and teamwork and realI'm giving this game a 5 today, but this score may change in the future. 5 is a low score, yes, but let me explain why. First the single player is short, but entertaining. Co-op is fun but... this game is about multiplayer, multiplayer is f'n amazing. And here is where it falls off the rails. Multiplayer is massive and highly detailed with huge maps, many vehicles and teamwork and real tactics rule the day. Yes a TDM mode is included but this is a watered down mode thrown in to attract CoD players. Everything you learned in CoD is wrong and will hurt you in this game. Single player and Co-op will teach you absolutely nothing in the way of skills that will apply in multiplayer. The online ranking system is FUBAR, you have noobs thrown into the meat grinder with uber players. And the number one reason I'm giving this game a low score is that it is completely unfriendly and uncaring to the casual/new player. I can't begin to explain how massive a single multiplayer maps is. And the game developers gave us all a huge "F You" by not including the ability to play private matches. This one simple feature would do wonders for allowing player to improve their game play, to learn the maps, to practice with planes and helicopter without screwing up online games for other players.

This is an amazing game. Graphic 100, best I have seen. Sound 100, simply amazing. Detailed well thought out multiplayer, Very fun Single player and Co-op. But with a multiplayer as detailed as this, with such a huge emphasis on teamwork and tactic it is extremely unfriendly to new/casual player that don't have 8 hours a day to devote to playing this game. If you are new to this style of play, you will be frustrated and I suggest you wait for the next MW installment.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Bargain bin buy if in the future there is a dry spell in gaming. Multiplayer is about as entertaining as that stick with the rubber ball attached to it, single player is a bbad knock off of Call of Duty's Black Ops campaign, and their co-op has got to be worst feature of all. Also the BF community is full of immature children. Boo yahh trolls!

1. Feb 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a great single player campaign you're out of luck, rent BF3 or pick it up in the bargain bin. If you're looking for the best online multiplayer action then BF3 is your game hands down.
  2. Jan 24, 2012
    While Battlefield 3 was aiming to be the biggest name this holiday season, and while it has made strides towards knocking off Modern Warfare 3, it misses the mark. That's not to say it is a bad game, it's a very good one, but the polish and excitement that is found on the Call of Duty series feels missing here. Still, there are much worse games you could end up with this holiday season, and the competition between the two series should heat up significantly in the next few years.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    This experience alone sums up what Battlefield 3 is about. It isn't a John Rambo run and gun shooter and it shouldn't really be compared to MW3 in terms of how you play it. For players to truly understand the Battlefield experience you need to embrace the teamwork by joining a squad and calling out your spotted enemies, as after all, sometimes you also need your back covered too.