Battlefield 3 Xbox 360

7.5

1. Jun 19, 2015
    Nem joguei a campanha mais o Multiplayer merece 8 , game ótimo sem mais , viciante e tals aquilo tudo de um jogo bem preparado e tals ;-; , parabéns dice
  2. Apr 20, 2015
    This game is simply awesome. The campaign is awesome with lots of action and the story really cool also. The multiplayer is also good but maybe it could have been better with several improvements. But in overall this is a pretty good game, again its really fun to play it with friends, great way to have fun!
  3. Dec 10, 2014
    That is one of these games that his fun is only in online mode, but i am a campaign guy, so i am obligated to die in onli e mode several times? I hate this kind of game.
  4. Nov 20, 2014
    The single player campaign is not perfect. Nowhere near, but compared to Battlefield 4's, it is superior in almost every way. The characters were okay, story was better but predictable and the gameplay felt dull - but lets be honest here. The campaign to most people is a one time trip for achievements. What gives the game the score I'm giving it is its multiplayer. Memorable. A decentThe single player campaign is not perfect. Nowhere near, but compared to Battlefield 4's, it is superior in almost every way. The characters were okay, story was better but predictable and the gameplay felt dull - but lets be honest here. The campaign to most people is a one time trip for achievements. What gives the game the score I'm giving it is its multiplayer. Memorable. A decent chunk of improvement over Bad Company 2 but it's destruction was vastly underpowered. This, however made gunfights pretty straightforward. The combat was improved and the larger amount of customisation as well as the weapons themselves made the game a rewarding experience. Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2014
    I played this game a lot. I was a great game, just never the full experience because of the 24 player maximum. Im surprised to find that people still play. 9/10
  6. Nov 13, 2014
    Although rushed to beat MW3 in sales, this game came out great in the long run.

Like BF4, this game came to a rough start with glitches. This game though was fixed much more quickly than BF4 and became more enjoyable pretty early in it's lifespan. The DLC just made the game even more enjoyable than it already was. The campaign was pretty average, but DICE aimed for the multiplayer
    Although rushed to beat MW3 in sales, this game came out great in the long run.

The campaign was pretty average, but DICE aimed for the multiplayer aspect of the game. They got this part right.

Out of all of the Battlefield series, this one had to be my favorite. I would recommend this game.
  7. Jun 21, 2014
    It's a great multiplayer experience, however even with the HD texture pack, it looks pretty faded on multiplayer, but it's not Dice's fault. What IS Dice's fault is the lame campaign. It's pretty much every military cliché mixed into a 4-6 hour campaign. It's stocked with cheap deaths, so be sure to rage. However, the ending is fantastic, to play, not the story. The co-op experience isIt's a great multiplayer experience, however even with the HD texture pack, it looks pretty faded on multiplayer, but it's not Dice's fault. What IS Dice's fault is the lame campaign. It's pretty much every military cliché mixed into a 4-6 hour campaign. It's stocked with cheap deaths, so be sure to rage. However, the ending is fantastic, to play, not the story. The co-op experience is also fun, so play that. It's better to play with friends than strangers. My only complaint from the multiplayer is that it lacks balance, so that it's harder for newbs to play than the pros, unless of course you pay EA for lame weapon packs. Also, it's nearly impossible to pilot some vehicles such as planes. The sounds are great, voice acting, SFX, but not so much in the music department. But overall, it's a great FPS game you should play, better than COD. Expand
  8. Jun 12, 2014
    This game didn't really have improvements from BC2. The only minor improvements were the gameplay and maps, obviously. The guns in this game just sometimes didn't make sense. Like sometimes they, weirdly glitch or something like that. I know they updated that pretty quickly but the game didn't seem like it continued to impress me. I believe that BC2 was a lot better than BF3 because theThis game didn't really have improvements from BC2. The only minor improvements were the gameplay and maps, obviously. The guns in this game just sometimes didn't make sense. Like sometimes they, weirdly glitch or something like that. I know they updated that pretty quickly but the game didn't seem like it continued to impress me. I believe that BC2 was a lot better than BF3 because the gameplay seemed better and it felt smoother and more glorious. BF4 is obviously is lot better. To be honest the only guns that I used were the LMG'S. Mainly because you didn't really have to reload with them and that, they kind of took over the game. Expand
  9. May 29, 2014
    Ok first of all, this isn't a good teamshooter. I never had the feeling to play in a team, much more like playing a arena shooter, a bad one to be precice, on bigger maps. Map design is most of the time to narrow and dull. Medkits are pretty useless, since there is health regeneration. Singleplayer is bad. I mean really bad.
    Overall, if you want a good teamshooter, go with BFBC or ETWQ.
    Overall, if you want a good teamshooter, go with BFBC or ETWQ.
    Also, Frostbite engine seems to be really poorly programmed, since I have seen more beautiful games on this console.
  10. May 6, 2014
    BattleField 3
    Hi !and I am going to tell you my review for battlefield 3 and why you should get the game. I am going to give you 3 good reasons why you should get battlefield 3 and why it is a really good game.
    BattleField 3

Battlefield 3 has really good graphics. It was voted second place for graphics in 2012, first was Halo 4. Some people play games for the graphics ,so those type of people would love this game. The graphics in the game look really realistic and 3d. You should look for a person running in this game because it looks real.

Battlefield 3 campaign mode mode is epic. The campaign for battlefield 3 is really interesting, intense, and awesome. It is interesting because it has really good stories and sometimes it has detective missions so it makes it more interesting. It is intense because in the last mission you have to kill a man before he nukes New York. It is awesome because the campaign is long and not really short.

If you are bored playing missions and want to play with real people luckily Battlefield 3 has some cool xbox live features. I like the xbox live features because you could play with your friends or random people and you get to drive anything you want in this mode. One more reason why I like the xbox live features is because you can also kill your friends.
    In conclusion you should get Battlefield 3 because it has a good campaign, good graphics, and awesome xbox live features. That is why you should get Battlefield 3.
  11. Feb 18, 2014
    At least that game deserves 6 maybe 7. But that **** isn't playable! It freezes every 5 hours of play. (Xbox 360) EVERY! DICE, you sucks. EA, i won't buy any of your games. Never. There is also much more glitches and bugs. **** EA and Dice
  12. Jan 31, 2014
    Best action and online multiplayer. Awesome engine creates uninprecedented levels. The co-op is intense. But the game's campaign? It's basic. All in all you should buy this game
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    From flying jets into buildings to clearing out trains in Paris BF3 is the best battlefield game in the series by far. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is smooth and flawless. The game is very well polished and doesn't miss one detail at all. This game is great to play with your friends in multiplayer or even co-op campaign. The campaign is action packed leaving you wanting moreFrom flying jets into buildings to clearing out trains in Paris BF3 is the best battlefield game in the series by far. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is smooth and flawless. The game is very well polished and doesn't miss one detail at all. This game is great to play with your friends in multiplayer or even co-op campaign. The campaign is action packed leaving you wanting more and more. Multiplayer has an endless supply of vehicles to rain hell on your enemies and the maps are huge. This is definitely the best shooter out there so definitely get it. Modern Warfare 3? NO play Battlefield 3 for the prime military shooting experience. Expand
  14. Dec 15, 2013
    Ask me my opinion after my first few weeks on this game, it would have easily been a 9 a hair strand off 10 as the servers could do with fixing.

My favourite thing to do was conquest on operation metro. Good times were had on this map, the best being the battle for (flag) B as i called it, the way i saw things was you could either use smoke grenades to cover going into the center stairs and coming up behind them or risk it with the corridor (of death) on the left.

But as you can see i'm rating it a 2, so what happened well first off you must realise that at the start (i pre-ordered the game) everyone was the same level and leveled up together near enough so it felt like a fair fight most of the time.

Then EA just went screw it, lets do rent-a-server and so then people used it to make private games with there friends and leveled up to 50 with the best weapons (i was level 30), server moderators would kick or instantly kill you if you played the game and killed them or there friends. But still it wasn't to bad even then maybe just an 8 rating but then people started doing a glitch on operation metro were you jumped on a player onto an archway kept jumping on the archway until you went into the ceiling, were the only way you could get killed from there was standing to close to the wall and an explosion hitting the wall.

The moderators were on that team of course and done nothing (even going as far as to ban anyone from using grenade launchers and RPGS) there could be a chance to the rating if EA patched it quicker but it took them 3 months to patch it and somehow it still didn't work and the glitch continued.

I quit battlefield 3 then with bad moderators,bad official servers, over powered weapons when the DLC came out and EA trying to force me to pay the price of the game again for premium or a server for month, I've recently returned to battlefield 3 because i'm getting battlefield 4 with an Xbox one for Christmas (didn't really have much choice) and because most people had gone to battlefield 4 for the first time in 14 months i enjoyed the game, it was too little too late i'm afraid. I hope battlefield 4 is better (no rent-a-server hopefully)
  15. Dec 14, 2013
    Reasonable game, i do prefer the bad companies better as they had more of a destructive feel and had heavy team work game modes as well as lone wolf game modes online, this game doesn't and is teamworked base but not quite enough and should have lone wolf style e. It can be a glitchy with spawns at some points but is a good now and then game.
  16. Dec 7, 2013
    The most game out there. Everything is unrealistic. I would list all the BS in the game but I am too lazy. Here are some: horrible physics, bull**** damage, bull**** deaths, up recoil, etc. Buy the game if you don't believe me. You will regret.......
  17. Dec 3, 2013
    I admit that I loved this game for the PC. For the Xbox360, eh... not much.
    I admit that I loved this game for the PC. For the Xbox360, eh... not much.
    To start off, the first thing that really ticked (and I mean the first thing) was the graphics. What the hell. The filter seemed to be entirely blue, as if I was playing a freaking ocean discovery game, a lot of the ground textures looked muddy and just half-assed, and the textures were incredibly low-res when aiming in with a scope. Most of my time in both singleplayer AND multiplayer was spent trying to distinguish if what I was shooting at was either a player or just the enviroment or objects. The singleplayer storyline was laughable, as was the cheesy diologue. Now the multiplayer is team-based. It is EXTREMELY fun to play with friends, but when you are alone, have fun trying not to die every 2 seconds. Anyways, let me describe the multiplayer. I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first. The servers only support 32 player maps as opposed to 64 players on the PC. The 32 players on fairly large maps can be a problem most of the times, as when you wander just to get to the middle of the map and then get shot 200 meters away by a sniper. The guns sound like bloody peashooters, the pistols' damage are equivalent to a BB gun, the jets are hard to control (that is if you even manage to stay alive in one before getting shot down by some smartasses wielding target lock-on rocket launchers), and every soldier seems to have Tourettes Syndrome, spitting out a F*ck! Sh*t! every time he sees an enemy. Now onto the good stuff. The gunplay is extremely addictive (I got a few chuckles out of attaching a rifle scope on a .44 magnum), the model animations are fluid and clear, and playing with friends can be a blast, utilizing teamwork and dynamic gameplay to further benefit you and your buddies' needs.
  18. Nov 14, 2013
    The campaign is boring, buggy, linear game play (YOU CAN'T FLY JETS! It's all on rail!) and really short, I finished it in 6 hours on normal difficulty.

However the multiplayer is great fun when you're team up with friends or players who know how to play hard Because of that, It gets a decent scoring from me.
  19. Nov 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has horrible graphics and the physics are all over the place. When you jump your feet are slung in front of you in a very unrealistic way. All in all it is just Team Fortess 2, it also has different classes to play as which further proves my point. The 4 has a long way to go be awesomely epic. Expand
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    As fun as the multiplayer is, the game shoots itself in the foot with a campaign that is barely interactive, very forgettable and does little in the way of preparing new players for online play. Co-op is more fun to add to a decent overall score.
  21. Sep 14, 2013
    Such a fantastic game. The visuals, gameplay, everything. And it feels so immersive (though BF4 will be more immersive, BF3 is possibly the most immersive FPS at its time). The Campaign plot, however, was awful. But I don't care about the Campaign, because whenever I play Battlefield (I've played BF since Battlefield 2 and onwards), I play its Multiplayer. And the Multiplayer, isSuch a fantastic game. The visuals, gameplay, everything. And it feels so immersive (though BF4 will be more immersive, BF3 is possibly the most immersive FPS at its time). The Campaign plot, however, was awful. But I don't care about the Campaign, because whenever I play Battlefield (I've played BF since Battlefield 2 and onwards), I play its Multiplayer. And the Multiplayer, is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. There used to be overpowered weapons and equipment, but with all the patches, the updates, the game is very balanced now. Expand
  22. Sep 7, 2013
    ---Rating---
    Design: 3 /5 (questionable in the balance department, generally poor level design)
    Polish: 4 /5 (graphics are impressive but occasionally distracting and over-the-top) Value: 2 /5 (arguably overpriced and bloated with paid DLC despite replay value) ---Review--- Before Battlefield 3's release, there was a bit of uncertainty about whether it would stay true to the more
    ---Rating---

---Review---
    Before Battlefield 3's release, there was a bit of uncertainty about whether it would stay true to the more classic BF2 tactical experience or if it would proceed along the more arcade-ish infantry-heavy trajectory set by the more recent Bad Company series. As it stands, BF3 doesn't do either entirely, but pushes the franchise in a new and- in my view- less enjoyable direction.

The gunplay seems to have moved a bit closer to that of Call of Duty, and BF3 also shares that series' propensity for unbalanced and gimmicky gadgets (though of course instead of needing to build up kill streaks you spawn with them in BF). Yes, you will never see such large maps in a COD game, but the quality of map design is schizophrenic at best. Most maps fall under either the narrow urban corridors "infantry-oriented" type or under the wide open, lacking-in-cover "vehicle-oriented" variety, but in practice the former become havens for explosive spamming (reference Operation Metro, which happens to be one of the most terrible online FPS maps I've ever played).

With regard to the latter variety of maps, the vehicles excessively dominate the experience, with the foot soldiers feeling like powerless cannon fodder; this disproportionate inequality is readily reflected by the scoreboard. One can already hear the voices of the BF faithful glorifying this as realistic, but the issue is that the vehicle gameplay isn't even particularly authentic (ex. the impossibly slow-moving jet planes).

The advanced graphical capabilities of the Frostbite engine's latest version are thought to be one of the main strengths of Battlefield 3, but I couldn't even enjoy the visuals all that much. This is because a lot of the time I can't even see anything- which also has the unfortunate side effect of inhibiting my combat effectiveness- thanks to the over-the-top suppression effects, solar glare, bloom lighting effects, bluish filter, blinding flashlights, and distracting lasers and scope glint, to name just a few of the culprits.

While the above amounts to a moderate disappointment for a series built around online multiplayer, the ways in which EA and DICE attempted to flesh out the BF3 experience fall even flatter. The singleplayer campaign is a thoroughly unenjoyable routine of uninspired gunfights and quick-time events; while the limited co-op missions share these downsides, for some unknown reason they contribute to unlocking guns in online multiplayer. To cap it all off, you have the laughable Battlelog platform and the EA Origin distribution service, which are particularly invasive for PC gamers.
  23. Aug 22, 2013
    Honestly, it'd be a pretty solid stretch to say that this game lived up to the ridiculous amount of hype that it received prior to its release, let alone living up to its name as a Battlefield sequel. I tried to review this game with as little bias as possible since I was an absolutely huge fan of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. While not exactly a direct sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company 2,Honestly, it'd be a pretty solid stretch to say that this game lived up to the ridiculous amount of hype that it received prior to its release, let alone living up to its name as a Battlefield sequel. I tried to review this game with as little bias as possible since I was an absolutely huge fan of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. While not exactly a direct sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, using that as an excuse for why the game manages to fold in on itself in so many facets of gameplay is just stupid. To start, the single player campaign probably tops off as the new worst Battlefield campaign that I have ever played. If you've ever read my harsh review of Battlefield: Bad Company 2's single player, imagine that, but somehow setting an even lower bar. Maybe it's just difficult to make an interesting and entertaining single player campaign in military shooters and I just don't realize that. Regardless of the reason, calling the Battlefield 3 campaign atrocious would be an understatement, believe it or not. The campaign reeks of generic firefights and oozes with cliché on-rails sequences that fall under the "been-there, done that" category that the Call of Duty games have become known for. I would even make an exception if these on-rails sequences were any good, but the majority of them are uninspired and lack that "wow" factor that at least Call of Duty's sequences possess. In summary, you should not be buying Battlefield 3 for the offline aspect. Throughout all of the experiences of Battlefield 3, it seems as if DICE will shamelessly rip off anything COD-esque in an attempt to rally more fans to their cause. Because of this, Battlefield has lost a number of crucial elements that make a Battlefield game a Battlefield game, and I'm not just referring to the campaign, but I'll get to that. Battlefield 3 also introduces new cooperative missions that can be played with a buddy but as is the trend, is nothing more than a hodgepodge of ripped off missions from Modern Warfare's Spec Ops. They're only worthy of your time because they unlock new weapons to be used in the online multiplayer, which is always a good thing. Obviously, the online multiplayer is the meat and potatoes of the game, and fortunately for the most part, it manages to provide a solid experience. The sound effects still blow my mind with how incredibly realistic and intense a firefight on a Battlefield game can be. Running through a seemingly-deserted building with bullets whizzing past your head, gunfire echoing throughout, and the roar of helicopters and jets in a dogfight above can be intoxicating. Its moments like these that allows Battlefield 3 to really shine and create that certain addiction that can be had. The controls are as solid as a shooter can get and the weapons all feel impactful and exciting to use. However, despite these positives, there's a laundry list of flaws that the online possesses. One of which is the fact that players can now go prone, which another feature stolen from Call of Duty. The prone mechanic allows players to camp even easier now and with such huge maps, it can be difficult to pinpoint that guy that just keeps sniping at you from underneath a bush. The mechanic has no place in this style of multiplayer and simply results in tarnishing the experience. It seems as if the entire online caters to lesser-skilled players. Map designs this time around seem to encourage camping and the refusal to pursue objectives during game modes such as my favorite, Rush, is rampant. Vehicle hording is as strong as ever, with many players simply waiting around for certain vehicles to respawn. DICE has also made it much more difficult this time around to destroy vehicles, with tanks being able to absorb 5 or so RPG rounds for exploding. Not to mention that you can only choose 1 of 3 types of anti-vehicle rocket launchers, making it even more challenging to down that pesky kid constantly flying around in an assault chopper. Camping as also been made significantly easier due to certain new additions in equipment. In an attempt to nickel and dime in the way that COD's Elite system does, DICE allows players to "rent" servers for a fee and alter the rules and settings to their liking. This would be totally fine if not for the fact that when joining games, you are thrown into one of these altered lobbies 99% of the time. In fact, I have not played a DICE server in weeks. You can "favorite" certain servers and rejoin later but it seems like every time that I attempt to rejoin a server, there's never anybody in it. Buying the online DLC gives players cheap and unbalanced weapons, which definitely hurts the experience as well. Overall, the Battlefield experience online is alive and well. While I still have a blast with it (occasionally), it's difficult for me to whole-heartedly recommend a game that seems to cater directly to players who insist on camping. However, if you're a Battlefield fan, it'd still be hard to go wrong with a purchase. Expand
  24. Aug 20, 2013
    Bought this game with hope that it could give me a new favourite fps to play with all the connection problems black ops 2 has but found it a waste of money and overpriced.

The maps are huge for the ammount of players in the game and i find it hard to belive people can put up with the constant prone under a bush camping for the whole game i played around 50 online games and everyone was riddled with sweaty players who was prone in a bush or behind a rock for the whole match some might say hey its realistic but that does not make a video game fun, when you finally get to move more than 10 percent through a map without a camper popping you off from a bush there is another one sitting on a rock on the outside of the map with them being so large it is impossible to scan around for them, the servers are laughable for such a hyped up game the only reason i gave it a 4 is for the vehicles you can use and the potential i cannot belive some gamers would give this a 10 with how much work it needs to make it more balanced, it reminds me of a takeaway i ordered from that had 5 out of 6 star rating on just eat out of hundreds of reviews and tasted flat and stale and there was nice bits missing just like bf3!

I am not saying it does not hae potential but it needs alot looking at to get the 7 out of 10 it shows on here i am also not a cod fanboy i rate that about 5 out of 10 for the way they destroyed the multiplayer with hosting and lagg problems i pray bf4 or mw4 is the answer to my fps needs but both atm are a big let down something that makes so much money i find it hard to wonder how they have such massive issues with the gameplay lets hope they learn from this and balance out bf4 properly so fast paced players can enjoy it also and cod fix there online issues as i would like to own both if they mastered them and how anyone can compare them is beyond me it is like comparing apples and pears pointless
  25. Aug 10, 2013
    This game had to be one of the most over hyped games since gaming began. So much talk about the Frostbite 2 Engine and how the graphics were so amazing. Then when i fired it up there wasn't much too the graphics at all, very plain and bland, lots of brown and grey. Bad Company 1 on the Frostbite 1 engine looked miles better than this game. As for the rest of it it was just a REALLY boringThis game had to be one of the most over hyped games since gaming began. So much talk about the Frostbite 2 Engine and how the graphics were so amazing. Then when i fired it up there wasn't much too the graphics at all, very plain and bland, lots of brown and grey. Bad Company 1 on the Frostbite 1 engine looked miles better than this game. As for the rest of it it was just a REALLY boring buggy unfinished mess. Expand
  26. Aug 9, 2013
    i got into this game kind of late but there is still a huge community on this game. i bought this mainly to have a fun multiplayer experience with my friends. now that my xbox live ran out (sadly) i had a chance to look at the whole game with campaign. so starting with campaign it was the same campaign as others just shoot at the enemies in front of you from point a to point b and was ai got into this game kind of late but there is still a huge community on this game. i bought this mainly to have a fun multiplayer experience with my friends. now that my xbox live ran out (sadly) i had a chance to look at the whole game with campaign. so starting with campaign it was the same campaign as others just shoot at the enemies in front of you from point a to point b and was a short campaign which wasn't really the main focus you can tell when you go to the beautiful part called multiplayer. OH MY GOD MULTIPLAYER. Video game God's have come down and blessed your xbox it felt like. Multiplayer was the best experience i had ever had in a long time. you have your usual destroyable maps with a few vehicles to choose from. tanks, jeeps, humvee, jets, helicopters, etc. it becomes crazy chaos on conquest and rush modes. Weapons were really well made and had you not running and gunning but strategically working around and flanking your enemies which was a great experience. if you want to play a good multiplayer game, this is it. so all in all if you only want campaign this is a good rental just to play and go back for achievements, if you want the full experience this is a good buy if you are into large maps, realistic enviroments and feel, and vehicles. this is a great game but the campaign could've been better. Expand
  27. Aug 5, 2013
    Here is my review of BF3. (spoiler: it destroys MW3)

SINGLE PLAYER: 7/10. very linear, not meant for a battlefield game. GRAPHICS: 10/10. outstanding. great textures, open maps, smooth animations, etc. SOUND: 9/10: very realistic sound effects, and good voice acting MULTIPLAYER: 9/10. loads of fun game modes & maps, lots of guns, very few glitches. wish it had 64 player battles,
    Here is my review of BF3. (spoiler: it destroys MW3)

SINGLE PLAYER: 7/10. very linear, not meant for a battlefield game.
    SOUND: 9/10: very realistic sound effects, and good voice acting
    MULTIPLAYER: 9/10. loads of fun game modes & maps, lots of guns, very few glitches. wish it had 64 player battles, though. (on xbox)
    FUN FACTOR: 9/10. single player kind of sucks, but multiplayer more than makes up for it.
    TOTAL: 9/10
  28. Jul 25, 2013
    the campaign and co-op were terrible and lazy. this game has extreme balance issues and tons of glitches. it simply isn't fun and feels robotic. on console, there simply aren't enough players in one server and it gets really boring. it was very disappointing coming from a great game like battlefield: bad company 2.
  29. Jul 22, 2013
    Battlefield 3 has to be one of the most overblown and overrated games I've ever played. Keep in mind, most of the people that praise it are former Call of Duty fans that never had any other experience with other online military FPSs beyond the other Call of Duties and maybe Bad Company 2.

Truth is, the game has been dumbed down to appeal to that certain fanbase. BF2 fans that have been anticipating this game will be largely disappointed. Most of the MP maps are horribly designed by Battlefield's standard. Small, linear and have WEAK destruction physics. The only half way decent maps you can get are in the Back to Karkand DLC. Not too mention the MP, graphic wise, doesn't measure up to what I anticipated. There is an awkward blue tint to the game and a few weird animations. The maps that actually offer large scale remain largely boring and because of the 24 player servers.

The singleplayer, is by far the worst aspect of this turd. There really isn't much to say about expect that follows the the average everyday military shooter. 75% of the campaign is scripted events that's only purpose is to have you appreciate the Frostbite 3 engine. The rest consists of every Call of Duty plot in the past 4-5 years.

So is it better on PC? Probably, and getting it for console is a bad decision, as it never reaches it's true potential and all I see is a dumbed down BF game made to win over the CoD fanbase.
  30. Jul 16, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is a brilliant game with a good combat system and the best multilayer I have seen in a first person shooter game making sure you find it best to use tactics and teamwork instead of just running and gunning all the time. The cons though are the that some of the textures are not all ways at its best such as the sniper mission the buildings and the rain is poorly done. But thatBattlefield 3 is a brilliant game with a good combat system and the best multilayer I have seen in a first person shooter game making sure you find it best to use tactics and teamwork instead of just running and gunning all the time. The cons though are the that some of the textures are not all ways at its best such as the sniper mission the buildings and the rain is poorly done. But that is all of the worst of the cons. This game has a brilliant graphic engine, 'Frostbite 2'. I would recommend buying it. Expand
  31. Jun 25, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is a decent game. The multiplayer is addicting, but more fun when you play with friends. It has alot of fun modes to play online,but personally I don't find myself playing very long when playing on my own. Its not like COD where I am able to play by myself for longer periods of time. Battlefield is a much more team based game so it was a nice change from the COD run and gunBattlefield 3 is a decent game. The multiplayer is addicting, but more fun when you play with friends. It has alot of fun modes to play online,but personally I don't find myself playing very long when playing on my own. Its not like COD where I am able to play by myself for longer periods of time. Battlefield is a much more team based game so it was a nice change from the COD run and gun mentality. Battlefield has a very addicting online, and as someone who enjoys COD it has opened my eyes to get the next Battlefield as well as the next COD. If you are a COD player reading this I do suggest you pick up the game and give it a try. I wouldn't base it on the campaign so much as that is where it is lacking. Expand
  32. Jun 25, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is a great shooter game, and no I won't compare it to Call of Duty. I am surprised that I actually enjoyed the story of Battlefield 3, sure it wasn't amazing, and you were just fighting Russians over a WMD. But it was cool how it shifted back and forth between different soldiers, I especially loved the fighter jet mission. The graphics on this game are gorgeous and theBattlefield 3 is a great shooter game, and no I won't compare it to Call of Duty. I am surprised that I actually enjoyed the story of Battlefield 3, sure it wasn't amazing, and you were just fighting Russians over a WMD. But it was cool how it shifted back and forth between different soldiers, I especially loved the fighter jet mission. The graphics on this game are gorgeous and the lighting effects are what set it apart from other games, that's the case in a lot of games now a days. The multiplayer, oh the multiplayer... It is so engrossing for anyone to play, and the graphics still look spectacular. Flying and taking down other jets is such a cool feeling. And who needs kill-streaks when you can ask a buddy to bomb a place for you from above with a helicopter or jet? I also loved the destruction in this game, it is so cool. If there is a camper in a building, pull out your AT-4 and level the building, or arc a grenade through the window and kill multiple enemies. And now that all the map packs are out I can say that I loved all the new maps and weapons and game modes AND vehicles, this game packs in so much. I cannot wait for Battlefield 4 and I expect it to be as good or better than this, if that's possible? Expand
  33. Jun 24, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is extremely fun on the xbox 360. I never tried it on pc, so I cant comment on 24 (consoles)players vs 64 (pc). The multiplayer is just...wow. Nothing like it. I played bad company 2, and bf3 is at least as good, if not better. Vehicles are amazing, classes are very well balanced (although I would make medic and assault two different classes in bf4), maps are appropriatelyBattlefield 3 is extremely fun on the xbox 360. I never tried it on pc, so I cant comment on 24 (consoles)players vs 64 (pc). The multiplayer is just...wow. Nothing like it. I played bad company 2, and bf3 is at least as good, if not better. Vehicles are amazing, classes are very well balanced (although I would make medic and assault two different classes in bf4), maps are appropriately huge and balanced. My only complaint about multiplayer is the servers. Why would you rent out servers? No longer can I do a quick match, I have to find a dice hosted server. People rent servers and make a bunch of stupid rules, and it just isn't as fun. This is clearly an ploy by EA to make more money.The party system is also pretty bad. None of these things actually really affect the multiplayer though. BF3 Has the best multiplayer I have ever seen.
    The campaign was so-so. It had a decent length, probably about 8 hours. The production quality was good. The characters were ok. Levels were ok. Just an ok single player experience. But cmon, who buys battlefield for singleplayer?

Graphics on console are ok. Be sure to get the HD download, or itll just look terrible. I understand they had to balance player count with destruction with framerate with graphics, but it could look better. Sound is very visceral.

All in all, an amazing shooter simply because of the multiplayer. Any shooter fan should pick this up. Period.
  34. Jun 19, 2013
    I was never a big fan of the Battlefield series, and I did not buy Battlefield 3 until it was out for a while. I didn't know how much I was missing. As a once big CoD fanboy, I always had the "Call of Duty is always better" perspective. Well, let me just say that Battlefield absolutely blows Call of Duty out of the water. The multiplayer is infinitely more fun with vehicle warfare, wayI was never a big fan of the Battlefield series, and I did not buy Battlefield 3 until it was out for a while. I didn't know how much I was missing. As a once big CoD fanboy, I always had the "Call of Duty is always better" perspective. Well, let me just say that Battlefield absolutely blows Call of Duty out of the water. The multiplayer is infinitely more fun with vehicle warfare, way better graphics, well designed maps, and a good server system (other than the fact you have to pay to make a server).

Granted, I wouldn't buy Battlefield solely for its campaign. It is short in game standards but is still a blast to play. Co-op campaign is fun also, but extremely short and lacks missions.

If you want an amazing experience, this game is way better than CoD.

Overall 9

Campaign 8
    Multiplayer 10
    Co-Op Campaign 9
  35. Jun 11, 2013
    Battlefield 3's campaign was ok I particularly didn't really like it but I really enjoyed the multiplayer. The first time I joined a game on Caspian Border and jumped into a jet was amazing it is so much fun flying around in the air, engaging other jets in 1v1 dog fights it is really fun. But on the console the player count is only 24 players and that is too small for the bigger maps e.g.Battlefield 3's campaign was ok I particularly didn't really like it but I really enjoyed the multiplayer. The first time I joined a game on Caspian Border and jumped into a jet was amazing it is so much fun flying around in the air, engaging other jets in 1v1 dog fights it is really fun. But on the console the player count is only 24 players and that is too small for the bigger maps e.g. Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and the Armoured Kill maps but the close quarters maps suits the console well. Expand
  36. Jun 8, 2013
    Like many people who have tried this game I'm speaking from multilayer view, I'm level 74 out of 100 and keep playing and I can tell you the game is very good at multilayer:fun, nerve-wracking team-work, jets, tanks, everything you want in a REAL war is there!
  37. May 27, 2013
    single player is ok but story is average graphics are awesome. Possibly one of best looking games on current gen and xbox. the mutiplayer where its at. dlc is stupid though
  38. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DICE's adoration of and expertise with the online experience permeates every aspect of its multiplayer. Regardless of the narrative missteps or the occasional glitches, Battlefield 3 offers an unforgettable, world-class multiplayer suite so fun that it more than makes up for the package's shortcomings. Expand
  39. May 6, 2013
    First off, this is a good game. That said, it was a step down from BC 2 if you ask me. The maps aren't as good or as varied, and the mechanics have been dumbed down (no more c4 on atv's, collapsing buildings and etcetera). Then there are a lot of things people complained about in past BF/COD games that still have not been fixed, such as knifes going through people without killing them,First off, this is a good game. That said, it was a step down from BC 2 if you ask me. The maps aren't as good or as varied, and the mechanics have been dumbed down (no more c4 on atv's, collapsing buildings and etcetera). Then there are a lot of things people complained about in past BF/COD games that still have not been fixed, such as knifes going through people without killing them, inconsistent bullet damage, imbalanced matchups between higher level players and "noobs" with no competitive weaponry...the list goes on. They nerfed the medics ability to camp a medkit, but still allow engineers to repair tanks and helicopters mid combat...makes no sense. I left COD for BC2 because it looked like this series was going in the right direction, but they seem to have let success go to their head and are no longer thinking innovatively. I hope B4 dares to venture into the world of realism (if not a cover system, at least fix it so that LMG's do more damage than assault rifles- they are already handicapped by poor accuracy). For the record, I said many of these same things as they apply to COD, and the community there told me "we don't want realism or balance". I dunno, maybe this is the trend and I'm just too old.

Other advice for making it better (should the developer actually be one to check out reviews like these).
    - Game lobby option requiring all incoming players have a microphone and are In game chat.
    - Faster weapon/gear unlocks.
    - Bring back the ability to collapse buildings; I know a lot of campers complained about this, but what is so wrong with people being able to counter window campers??
    - Flight controls are horrible. Apache in BC 2 was off the hook. Why did this not return? New choppers are terrible, and don't get me started on the jets.
    - Hacking is out of control. If you can't control it, get rid of rent a server and go back to client side servers.
    - Rent a server its-self is a neat idea, but why are we forced to play only in these games? BC2 games were much more balanced and fair; you get in these "custom" games where the host has a full party of friends who know the map well, and one squad dominates the entire map. Collapse
  40. Apr 28, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is a disappointment.I think this game is overrated.Sure a lot of times it's fun,but it's bad,it's bad.People also don't count the campagin in the final score.Other than that,the game is okay but is a disappointment.
  41. Apr 22, 2013
    This is a truly fun shooter which feels much deeper than Call of Duty, thats not bashing call of duty. I've logged countless hours playing COD but when I picked up battlefield 2 just to see what it was like I was impressed. The players do not feel as customizable as in COD (although there is still tons of ways to differentiate yourself) but the battle feels much more involved, theThis is a truly fun shooter which feels much deeper than Call of Duty, thats not bashing call of duty. I've logged countless hours playing COD but when I picked up battlefield 2 just to see what it was like I was impressed. The players do not feel as customizable as in COD (although there is still tons of ways to differentiate yourself) but the battle feels much more involved, the specializations, the tanks, the aircraft not that I can fly any yet way too hard for me) I love running around as a Medic healing people and bringing them back from the brink of death. It's not often you can be in the top half of the scoreboard with 1 kill. I haven't played it hardcore organizing strategies with my squad which I suspect is when the game really shines but even without that its still a blast. If you like COD but feel like something Fresh or if you hate playing COD because of the atmosphere) try this game out. Expand
  42. Apr 19, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Me being a battlefield veteran i have full respect for the game. I also own the true pc version as well. Now of course there are many differences between the xbox version and the full pc version. The main though being the consoles limited power, limiting the player compacity to 24 players, while the pc can withstand even a full 64 player war! xbox version alsoThis game is simply amazing. Me being a battlefield veteran i have full respect for the game. I also own the true pc version as well. Now of course there are many differences between the xbox version and the full pc version. The main though being the consoles limited power, limiting the player compacity to 24 players, while the pc can withstand even a full 64 player war! xbox version also stricly limited in other features. But that aside, the xbox version is simply amazing when it comes down to it all! Expand
  43. Apr 14, 2013
    Other than the fact that it is watered down a bit for the console this is still one of the most exciting multiplayer games to play on 360. BF3 has lush environments and sound and great maps to do realistic battle in, I personally think they did a great job on the console version considering. One thing I have always loved about Battlefield is it stands very far apart from Call of Duty,Other than the fact that it is watered down a bit for the console this is still one of the most exciting multiplayer games to play on 360. BF3 has lush environments and sound and great maps to do realistic battle in, I personally think they did a great job on the console version considering. One thing I have always loved about Battlefield is it stands very far apart from Call of Duty, the guns are by far more realistic acting in the game. COD to me is a cage match of pissed off players literally sprinting around pumping as much lead as possible at one another, but its fun..its entertaining I get it. The thing I absolutely adore about battlefield is the fact you have to play it with a mindset of I can die at any second from any direction. But you can't just run and gun for the most part in battlefield, you have to use your senses, your brain, out smart your opponent. Its not a competition to see who can spray the most lead in hopes of getting the kill, your success falls on your accuracy, your choices of what to do & where to go under heat, and playing resourcefully. Its not just a point your reticule on your opponent and shoot, the bullet trajectory and range is very impressive in this game. Although the maps are smaller and the number of players smaller as well in the console version, which i can understand considering the hardware most computers have today compared to the 360. The game gives you lots of options for server functions and filters to find exactly the type of game you are seeking. The only issue i have ever had with BF and this falls in with many games out there...i wish there was a little piece of software in the game that could safely spawn you into the game without being tossed in between a fire fight or in front of an enemy player. I don't know how many times I have spawned into a bullet.. Expand
  44. Apr 3, 2013
    I classify Battlefield 3 as a success and I would even go as far as saying it's my favorite multiplayer game.
    The streaming tech they used for textures really worked out well and the game looks and sounds fantastic, the best what the Xbox has to offer so far.
    The singleplayer is pretty forgettable. Not good, not bad, but enjoyable. I never expected too much from it anyway, many Battlefield fans will agree here. Multiplayer is where it's at and that has hit the nail on the head, even with "just" 24 players on a map. It's fun in all points that made the Battlefield-franchise popular.

Anyone who had fun with previous Battlefield games will find a worthy sequel that improved everything that was needed to be improved.
  45. Feb 27, 2013
    It's not a perfect package but an EXTREMELY fun one...most of the time. The campaign is cliche, dull, and has nothing that draws you in, though frankly I doubt people came for it: it's all about the multiplayer. Which is where it shines. It's addicting not in the simple pleasure MW way, which frankly doesn't work for too long, but in the way that it's fantastically made and beautifullyIt's not a perfect package but an EXTREMELY fun one...most of the time. The campaign is cliche, dull, and has nothing that draws you in, though frankly I doubt people came for it: it's all about the multiplayer. Which is where it shines. It's addicting not in the simple pleasure MW way, which frankly doesn't work for too long, but in the way that it's fantastically made and beautifully crafted for hardcore but even still for the lighter gamers....but this is where it starts to crumble, just slightly. Campers, thinkers, and long time gamers equipped with the best leave little room for newcomers, until they've gotten a little experience under their belt and quit gaming and start thinking. In short it can be harsh, occasionally unforgiving. But when you're able to make your own in a match it pulls off spectacularly and to feel empowered. Expand
  46. Feb 21, 2013
    Great graphics but nothing special. A letdown cuz I bought into the hype.
  47. Feb 9, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is a superb multiplayer shooter let down by a shockingly bad campaign. The singleplayer campaign throws you into the role of a U.S Marine, with a generic plot concerning nuclear weapons, not to mention highly restrictive and linear environments that completely deny exploration. Many segments of the campaign force you to engage in tiresome tasks such as waiting for team-matesBattlefield 3 is a superb multiplayer shooter let down by a shockingly bad campaign. The singleplayer campaign throws you into the role of a U.S Marine, with a generic plot concerning nuclear weapons, not to mention highly restrictive and linear environments that completely deny exploration. Many segments of the campaign force you to engage in tiresome tasks such as waiting for team-mates to open doors while you stand idly with your weapon lowered. I expected vast, giant battles that encouraged the player to experiment in large maps with huge varieties of weapons and vehicles. Not a messy linear, poorly written generic war shooter. Fortunately, the multiplayer experience is polished with love and care, with enough guns, customisation and ranking systems to keep the hardened MMS veteran in the game for some time. The maps are also quite good, with the giant battles I was expecting in the campaign (more so if you purchase some of the DLC packs). The graphics are also quite good, but keep in mind that you need an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to enjoy decent textures; if not, your visual experience will suffer. overall, a decent game marred by an extremely sub-standard campaign. Expand
  48. Feb 8, 2013
    This was my first Battlefield game and I loved it at first then thinking it was significantly better than Call of Duty. As I played this game more and more, my opinion slowly changed about this game. Why? Well the campaign feels boring and I felt like DICE put a campaign in the game just to be there. Boring characters, basic objectives, and generic bad guys. The story just feels bland andThis was my first Battlefield game and I loved it at first then thinking it was significantly better than Call of Duty. As I played this game more and more, my opinion slowly changed about this game. Why? Well the campaign feels boring and I felt like DICE put a campaign in the game just to be there. Boring characters, basic objectives, and generic bad guys. The story just feels bland and really has no replay value. The Call of Duty campaign has more of a story than this. The controls feel very "clunky" and a bit confusing. I am so used to Halo and Call of Duty controls and I was hoping that Battlefield's controls will feel just as smooth. Many people might disagree with me on this one, but the graphics in the game look off. I can't really explain why, but something about the graphics does not look right. Last is I absolutely hate the mulitiplayer. The maps are too huge, and I am always confused what to do. The multiplayer is to complicated for me and it just ruins the experience for me. The reason why this game is a 7 is because the game isn't terrible and sometimes I find it entertaining. Maybe I am being hypercritical about this game because I am comparing it to two major franchises, Halo and Call of Duty. Even If I am grading it too harsh, I kinda expected the game to be a little different. Expand
  49. Feb 7, 2013
    Summing this game up is difficult, as part of it is glorious while the other parts are frankly disappointing. Firstly the most disappointing aspect was EA marketing campaign, they embarrassed themselves with some churlish war of words with Activision over a series EA foolishly copied in it's single player and co-op modes. I wouldn't mind if EA had a more innovative single player to tauntSumming this game up is difficult, as part of it is glorious while the other parts are frankly disappointing. Firstly the most disappointing aspect was EA marketing campaign, they embarrassed themselves with some churlish war of words with Activision over a series EA foolishly copied in it's single player and co-op modes. I wouldn't mind if EA had a more innovative single player to taunt Activision with, but alas both the single/co-op modes were pathetic COD clones, even down to the imperialistic Western tones. However the mulitplayer is where Battlefield has and will always excel at, truly the best multiplayer experience I've had since UT2004 and GOW1. The various modes, free dlc if you have the limited edition, steep but highly enjoyable learning curves makes this multiplayer game of legendary status. BUT EA once again sought greed by inserting the money making rent a server, thus leaving many p***ed as endless players got booted from matches for no reason, or games ended early due to hosts being spoilt brats. Thankfully EA restored the DICE servers due to fan anger, however that cheeky move along with the inferior COD clone single/co-op modes makes the overall package a seven! Expand
  50. Feb 4, 2013
    So I liked black ops, but hated black ops 2, so my brother and I decided to get our own copy of this and play it... while this game is quite different than call of duty in many ways, some being good, some being bad. I find myself dissatisfied with the gameplay and constantly upset at the amount of total crap i get subjected to... a few things, sniping shouldn't be allowed in shooters asSo I liked black ops, but hated black ops 2, so my brother and I decided to get our own copy of this and play it... while this game is quite different than call of duty in many ways, some being good, some being bad. I find myself dissatisfied with the gameplay and constantly upset at the amount of total crap i get subjected to... a few things, sniping shouldn't be allowed in shooters as it's just such crap in general, you can't cook grenades, the knifing is ridiculously idiotic, spawns are terrible, maps promote camping, guns are inconsistent, no kill-cams, etc. the good things, just feels a bit more realistic, weapons are pretty customizable, terrain destruction makes it more realistic, you can operate like everything (even though most of it is more of a pain than just running around on feet) meh, i guess my overall consensus is that it's just another average shooter game, glad I waited and got it cheap Expand
  51. Jan 27, 2013
    Visually impressive and realistic with cool sounding weapons but this game got boring fast. Don't buy this for single player it's not worth it and if you want to get a multiplayer experience make sure you have some friends to play with. Would take the BF1942 games over this any day.
  52. Dec 22, 2012
    "The most you'll get out of Battlefield 3 is its complex multiplayer that feels better design for PC." All other modes fall flat. Campaign is short, repetitive, and filled with unnecessary quick time events. It has a nice idea for a story but it was soft of poorly executed. Despite that, the campaign does have a great presentation in atmosphere but that's about it. Battlefield 3 also"The most you'll get out of Battlefield 3 is its complex multiplayer that feels better design for PC." All other modes fall flat. Campaign is short, repetitive, and filled with unnecessary quick time events. It has a nice idea for a story but it was soft of poorly executed. Despite that, the campaign does have a great presentation in atmosphere but that's about it. Battlefield 3 also includes co-op but its only online co-op with up to 6 short missions. The real meat and effort put into battlefield 3 is the multiplayer and the improvements with the in the new Frostbite 2 engine makes Battlefield 3 the most advance FPS I know. The multiplayer comes with 9 huge maps and 3 major modes. Some of the maps are not half bad but there not design well on the consoles of the amount of 24 players. There are a few maps that work greatly on the consoles and I had the most fun with them. There are 4 classes to choose from, any time in-game with each having there own Ups and Downs in combat. I found the class system decently balance but a little overwhelming for the console versions. You are pretty limited what you could do in a class due to the selection of gadgets. Battlefield 3 rewards team work and the lack team work with-in team mates and be frustrating and can ruin you experiences with out the right squad mates. The last thing I thing should mention is the new update to Rent a sever and this comes with a positive and negative side. People can rent severs and custom how they see fit in all versions. Because of this, Dice/EA feel that they don't need to put there own severs up anymore forcing the player to player setting severs. This means rules can be force unfairly sometimes and game settings could last hours then normal. Overall, the only real reason you should get Battlefield 3 is for its multiplayer and that alone isn't worth the $60. Its worse so with Rent a sever since now Dice/EA isn't paying to put up hardly any severs. Its hard to suggest a rent so I would agree to get Battlefield 3 with a price under $40-$30 or with the premium DLC package for $60. Expand
  53. Dec 14, 2012
    I'm not even going to talk about the singleplayer, if you want to play a good campaign, don't buy Battlefield 3. It's got all the cr*p you can find at COD, but that's not the developper's focus. They wanted a solid multiplayer and have succeeded once again. Who doesn't want vast battlefield with dots of buildings and some heavy armour to destroy it all. All classes are balanced, but I'mI'm not even going to talk about the singleplayer, if you want to play a good campaign, don't buy Battlefield 3. It's got all the cr*p you can find at COD, but that's not the developper's focus. They wanted a solid multiplayer and have succeeded once again. Who doesn't want vast battlefield with dots of buildings and some heavy armour to destroy it all. All classes are balanced, but I'm still complaining about the recons. Reality is a must at DICE, but the snipers still remain. I don't like games with a lot of children in it, but the recon class made it possible for the faint hearted to take part of the battle... The rest is pure mature, if you play the game on hardcore (wich is a must). Teamplay teamplay teamplay. The graphics are awesome too by the way and if you don't like open-ground battles there's allways the close-quarters add-on... Lots of things to do in the game and now that it is here for over a year, a review seemed more in place. Remove sniper though, they are gay Expand
  54. Dec 6, 2012
    I could go on and on about the numerous flaws in this game, but suffice it to say I should have known better than buying yet another mediocre game from EA. Everything they touch nowadays seems average at best.
  55. Dec 6, 2012
    The gameplay (especially for multiplayer is amazing), it s**** all over COD. It has a range of things to be done in multiplayer such as Jets, helicopters, tanks, Jeeps and more, you aren't fishing out kills from killstreaks like you do in COD. The problem is the lack of range of game types, there's only single-player, co-op and multiplayer. Another tiny issue is the spawning in multiplayerThe gameplay (especially for multiplayer is amazing), it s**** all over COD. It has a range of things to be done in multiplayer such as Jets, helicopters, tanks, Jeeps and more, you aren't fishing out kills from killstreaks like you do in COD. The problem is the lack of range of game types, there's only single-player, co-op and multiplayer. Another tiny issue is the spawning in multiplayer games, I HATE it when I spawn in the enemy base. Overall amazing game. Expand
  56. Dec 2, 2012
    This game represents the best battlefield experience you can get in a game right now and i agree mostly with what reviewers say that its a great game graphically, audio, and overall experience. However the professional reviewers dont take into account things like the aiming system and etc which i will get to. The aiming system is poorly designed making it very hard for players to pick upThis game represents the best battlefield experience you can get in a game right now and i agree mostly with what reviewers say that its a great game graphically, audio, and overall experience. However the professional reviewers dont take into account things like the aiming system and etc which i will get to. The aiming system is poorly designed making it very hard for players to pick up on and takes a while to get used to and even still it is frustrating to veteran players. The tanks are also very glitchy and will roll down hills when you want to stop to shoot or your crosshair will move when your trying to aim causing you to miss your shots once in a while. The frostbite engine also causes issues that its so bright or so dark in spots that it will fry your eyes if you play for extended periods and also you will walk right by people in broad daylight laying under a tree because well i dont know why all i know is you would think in broad daylight you could see someone under a tree but i guess not. All in all this game is solid besides the few glitches or developer errors. Expand
  57. Nov 28, 2012
    What a great game, this beats MW2 and MW 3 badly. Id say this is an 8.5 So many things you can do but a difficult game to play and the people are too tiny from far away.
  58. Nov 24, 2012
    in many FPS game i played so far. i think this is the best FPS game i've been played. i mean the graphics is so good and the gameplay camera is very smooth
  59. Nov 24, 2012
    Amazing multiplayer with stunning graphics! (If you have HD) This game steps it up a notch compared to most first person shooters. Audio is great, weapons are diverse, maps are huge and aesthetic, teamwork is a necessity to win a game. Not everything is good about this game though. The campaign was very disappointing. Worst story I have ever experienced in a video game. The main themeAmazing multiplayer with stunning graphics! (If you have HD) This game steps it up a notch compared to most first person shooters. Audio is great, weapons are diverse, maps are huge and aesthetic, teamwork is a necessity to win a game. Not everything is good about this game though. The campaign was very disappointing. Worst story I have ever experienced in a video game. The main theme is also ruined. The theme used to have real instruments, but now it sounds like techno and fart sounds. The destructibility is not as good as it used to be from Bad Company 2. It also seems like you can't mute people who are either kids, or are playing music into their mics. Overall, the game is good/great. Expand
  60. Nov 22, 2012
    linear and tedious campaign, and bad graphics without the installation of textures in Hd. But the rest is just joy. The controls are extremely accurate, especially in the graphics maps impress tight as well as audio. The long and fun multiplayer mode compensates for the short campaign and sleepy.
  61. Nov 19, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is a breath of fresh air from anything else competing with it. It feels so different. Instead of which path to take to point and shoot at an enemy, it's either, which wall to blow up or what vehicle to take. Communication can make a better experience, when you're rolling down a road in a tank and your buddy is in it with you, calling out which building the sniper is in, thatBattlefield 3 is a breath of fresh air from anything else competing with it. It feels so different. Instead of which path to take to point and shoot at an enemy, it's either, which wall to blow up or what vehicle to take. Communication can make a better experience, when you're rolling down a road in a tank and your buddy is in it with you, calling out which building the sniper is in, that is picking off your team. Helicopters are probably my favorite, essential to bring a friend to talk with. Graphics bring the battlefield to life with stunning detail, even with some blurry textures. It does lack some content that some other games offer (theater mode, offline practice split screen or private unpaid server for example), but it's only a trade off when you have dedicated servers, compared to some other games that offer p2p. The campaign, however, is lackluster and adds a filler to the disc. It won't teach you how to fly a jet or a helicopter, it also won't tell you a good story, which I might add, is very similar how it's told, like Call of Duty: Black Ops. The Co-Op does it a little better, enabling you to test out how to fly a helicopter before you jump online, unlocking guns, exclusive to the mode. The DLC that has came out and will continue to be pumped out, not only adds new territories to destroy, but includes new vehicles, new modes and new weapons. As my first Battlefield game, this felt fresh, competitive and fun all at the same time. Sure there may be some lag here and there, but what the game offers will make you soon forget about it all as your flying through clouds hot on the trail of another jet, as you look at the battlefield below you and see an entirely different war than the one you're in. Expand
  62. Nov 16, 2012
    Can't believe people love this but hate Call of Duty, this game's singleplayer is easily the worst FPS campaign of the gen it's so boring I wanted to turn the gun on myself. Next, the multiplayer it's fun for awhile but the maps are too big for the 24 players so it gets boring. Co-op missions were nice but there should be more.
  63. Nov 2, 2012
    Single-Player: The first thing i noticed is the HUGE similarities to the plot of Black Ops. Although this did not bother me i thought it was worth noting. The gameplay is very generic. The story ends pathetically.

Multiplayer: Although I did not play lots of it, it's worth noting that I found it not as fun as BFBC2. Other than that a nice Multiplayer suite with some Fun game-Modes.
  64. Oct 16, 2012
    If this review was based on the single player campaign then it would get a much lower score, i can't even bring myself to finish it because it is so generic and boring. Single player aside.... The multiplayer is the star of the show, the maps are huge, there are tuns of guns to choose from and the gameplay is addictive fun, if you are looking for an alternative to call of duty thenIf this review was based on the single player campaign then it would get a much lower score, i can't even bring myself to finish it because it is so generic and boring. Single player aside.... The multiplayer is the star of the show, the maps are huge, there are tuns of guns to choose from and the gameplay is addictive fun, if you are looking for an alternative to call of duty then Battlefield 3 may just be the answer. Expand
  65. Oct 10, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is undoubtedly the best and most realistic shooter I've ever played. If your an fps and war simulator fan, there is no reason to not get this. Lets start with the positives, the multiplayer is some of the most intense and realistic I've seen all thanks to Dice's new Frostbite 2 engine. Vehicles are back and better than ever, with a large variety of ground and aerial vehicles.Battlefield 3 is undoubtedly the best and most realistic shooter I've ever played. If your an fps and war simulator fan, there is no reason to not get this. Lets start with the positives, the multiplayer is some of the most intense and realistic I've seen all thanks to Dice's new Frostbite 2 engine. Vehicles are back and better than ever, with a large variety of ground and aerial vehicles. Battlefield 3 also has some new maps and has added even more with dlc. While some of the maps are slower paced especially on the console versions, it's smooth and balanced gameplay definitely makes up for it. Now the negatives, I don't have many gripes with the game except with the campaign. To be honest the campaign in my opinion is mediocre and unoriginal. While it does have some interesting missions the story itself just has you not caring in the end, still it's definitely worth a look because of it's realism. Overall Battlefield 3 gets a perfect 10/10 score just because of it's multiplayer, but if I could I would give it a 9.5 for not being a complete package due to lack of an interesting campaign. Expand
  66. Oct 6, 2012
    Easily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. as to those people saying bad things about framerate and bugs, It's not DICE's fault. EA made them release the game months before it was ready and since then most things have been patched. Best game to play with friends also, the shenanigans can be even greater than with gta4 or red dead. Awesome game apart from the single player butEasily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. as to those people saying bad things about framerate and bugs, It's not DICE's fault. EA made them release the game months before it was ready and since then most things have been patched. Best game to play with friends also, the shenanigans can be even greater than with gta4 or red dead. Awesome game apart from the single player but whose really there for that anyway? Expand
  67. Sep 22, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is an excellent game. The Singleplayer is interesting but maybe a bit unoriginal However the multiplayer is excellent with balanced weapons, great vehicle gameplay and a overall fun experience. Also is much more fun with friends
  68. Sep 21, 2012
    Campaign was awful as hell! But the Multiplayer was perfect so much fun and makes up for the campaign. Multiplayer is just hours of fun. Battlefield 3 8.5/10
  69. Sep 14, 2012
    I just first start off by saying that everyone is in-titled to his or her own opinion so this is my opinion of Battlefield 3.

Okay yes the game does have it's flaws in the eyes of the people who play Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Yes the game is not anything like those games and that's what EA was going for, "A more realistic game-play." I love this game and ever since Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out I have not been able to put my controller down. This game offers so much and also brings so much to the table such as things like. More realistic sniper shooting, better weapons, drive-able vehicles, flying jets, and all the new gadgets. This game is by far the best war game I have played hands down. Now yes there are some things that could need improving such as when your playing normal mode it seems to me that it takes half a magazine to take down an enemy and a full of pistol ammo. I think if they could fix it and make it a little more reasonable then I might play normal mode more often. So this concludes my review of Battlefield 3, I recommend to anyone looking for a more realistic game-play and something that is really intense to go pick this game up when you get the chance you won't be disappointed.
  70. Sep 13, 2012
    Online pass, Premium account, map packs *only* for Premium players...How much cash you need EA ?? don't get me wrong is a Great game. Excellent graphics, excellent game play... etc. but the online community is divided. In one side you have all the Premium players going around servers showing off, and in the other side you have the 2nd class citizens that only have a * online pass* and canOnline pass, Premium account, map packs *only* for Premium players...How much cash you need EA ?? don't get me wrong is a Great game. Excellent graphics, excellent game play... etc. but the online community is divided. In one side you have all the Premium players going around servers showing off, and in the other side you have the 2nd class citizens that only have a * online pass* and can only play in specific servers. This game should be in my eyes a 10 out of 10 game.. but I can't agree with what they done to the multyplayer community. Far far to greedy EA!! Expand
  71. Sep 7, 2012
    This game is an awesome tactical game. If you like to run around like a nut blasting things then this game is not for you. If you like working with a squad(using voice chat), plan your kit/gadgets/squad specialties correctly the game is amazing. the graphics are not awesome but they are good. The game is just very fun if you like tactics, if not then I would stick to call of duty etc. ItThis game is an awesome tactical game. If you like to run around like a nut blasting things then this game is not for you. If you like working with a squad(using voice chat), plan your kit/gadgets/squad specialties correctly the game is amazing. the graphics are not awesome but they are good. The game is just very fun if you like tactics, if not then I would stick to call of duty etc. It takes awhile to unlock all the goodies for each kit and weapon so I would focus on one or two kits to start and also the fastest way to level the weapons up is to do team death match to unlock your weapons then get into the better modes like conquest/domination/gun master/squad domination/rush/squad rush. The game is good but I would say it is more for grown ups or kids who have the patience to play team style in a FPS Expand
  72. Sep 7, 2012
    An excellent game. Solid controls, Amazing sound and a lot of fun. However After some time playing I have noticed that the team work that everyone talks about just isn't there. 90% of the lobby doesn't even have a headset. Often the game breaks down to who has the better vehicle in the area because there aren't enough engineers to destroy anything. People waiting around for vehicles toAn excellent game. Solid controls, Amazing sound and a lot of fun. However After some time playing I have noticed that the team work that everyone talks about just isn't there. 90% of the lobby doesn't even have a headset. Often the game breaks down to who has the better vehicle in the area because there aren't enough engineers to destroy anything. People waiting around for vehicles to respawn and destroying it if they don't get it. There is really no problem with the game itself, it is more the people that play it that suck. And no it isn't just CoD crossovers. I had the same problem playing BFBC2. The sounds is just amazing. Possibly the best gun sounds I have ever heard. A solid game but if you aren't playing with friends don't expect the teamwork you hear so much about. Expand
  73. Aug 29, 2012
    Ok i have given Dice sometime now it is time to review BF3. Ok i am not not going to be baised at all with this review like some of these people who gave this a 10 or a 1 i guess you can say the outliers. Now being a primarly multiplayer game i will first review the multiplayer first off. Ok the multiplayer isn't as good as BC2 first off. This is because the fact that not even half of theOk i have given Dice sometime now it is time to review BF3. Ok i am not not going to be baised at all with this review like some of these people who gave this a 10 or a 1 i guess you can say the outliers. Now being a primarly multiplayer game i will first review the multiplayer first off. Ok the multiplayer isn't as good as BC2 first off. This is because the fact that not even half of the enviornment is completely destructable and that it feels a like they added what i like to call pointless stuff. One of them is the attachments which sometimes i get really confused with. Some examples are bibods for carbines, that is stupid in a sense that carbine don't usaually don't have that much reacoil and that they don't have that much distance which is one of the perks of bibod to do. Another example for specifically carbines is the dlc guns have the zoom by 6 scope which is really pointless because they don't have power at the distance. Now because that you don't have to choose those attachments its not going to bring down the multiplayer score that much. One thing that really brougt it down for me was the destruction. This is not only because it was a huge part of BC2 that i loved and kept the replayability but the tactics. Now its really wierd distruction in BF3 the things you can destroy are mostly pointless like in Grand Bazaar you can blow a hole in the wall down the long hall to the second checkpoints. I find that stupid because nobody is going to be behind that wall before you blow it up. But then you can't fully destrory the building where there could multiple enemies. Now i am not only talking about this map in particular but most maps in BF3 are that way. Now the leveling system too is not as good as BC2 it doesn't feel like i choose a class because of helping the team but to get that next cononel service star for that class and i think they should of made the levels longer until you reach cononel this is because reaching cononel should feel like you worked really hard to get there but not that feeling because everyone else is a cononel now you have this unlock limbo where the game expects you to do that agian 100 times to reach max level with no unlocks. i think thats why they should of worked on this a little make it feel special that you got to that level. Now because of these two main reasons, i will give the multiplayer a 7/10. It was fun and some maps were good but it just didn't live up to the hype of what it was suppose to be. Now we get into the campaign, and it is really bad. I think of a campaign like a story and a gameplay style close to multiplayer. Sadly BF3 does not deliever on either of these. First off the characters and character developement are terrible, honestly i would care if my guy at the end got his head blown off by the terrorist trying to bomb the metro. This same goes for the other characters, i honestly didn't care that two guys were killed when i was invading the mansion or when dimitris friend was impaled by a pole. The reason why i didn't care is because of that nobody felt like they had a personality they all felt like 2D characters in a Michael Bay movie. Then the oddest thing from a multiplayer game open world to have a very linear Single player to the point of where if you walk a couple of feet away you get a mission fail. Though even with these faults single player fighting can be fun with the chance of being melee killed make for some suspense and the graphics look better then multiplayers. Overall though the single player is a 3/10. Now what dice prides itself is the graphics and sound. Sound is really cool now i haven't shot these caliber of guns before but i do know that even in BC2 they recorded the gun sounds with real guns with real ammo, obviously though down a range but still really good effort in sound. Sound is without a doubt a 10/10. And the graphics are good at times. Its sometimes low resolution at distance. But with weather effects and lighting it can be really good. So overall graphics is a 8/10. Not the best but definatly above average. Now the content is ok but it isn't as good as amount of CoD did especially when it comes to Co-op. This is why i was holding off a real review at first because i thought that Co-op would get a few maps from DLC. But alas that hasn't happened yet and its been out for 8 months. Now the multiplayer content is good you get tons of attachments though some of them are pointless you get a good amount. Also the amount of maps and guns themselfs will increase over time. But then it comes to story and this is where it falls. Overall though not a bad game just a game that was obviously a test for Frostbite 2. And it needs alot of work to be as good as BC2 was Overall this game recieves a 28/40 or a 7/10. Expand
  74. Aug 14, 2012
    i wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seeni wish to change my first review of this piece of crap game. paying to unlock 2/3rds the content was cheap and this is the last EA game i will buy. But the MP after investing massive hours which would have been better spent trying to headbutt the giant tree in the backyard down, i am stuck with this feeling that it was one of the worst experiences online. If you have no life, have not seen what a woman looks like, or know how to have a life then this tripe is for you. I can not recall a game online that didn't turn into spawn rape, you will spend your time dying as soon as you spawn only to have to wait to do it all over again. and Dice is making bf4 well all i can say shove it up your A*^. BF2142 was 10x the game this is, so was bf2. my advice is burn every copy you come across and spare the world anothe bland game. Expand
  75. Aug 13, 2012
    Make no mistake, Battlefield 3 on a console is a fairly decent game, but I would advise not to buy it. There are better and cheaper games out there which offer the same fun without BF3 faults. Not the least its own predecessor Battlefield Bad Company 2. Let me name a few problems I had with the game.

The singleplayer campaign is just plain bad. Boring, predictable, over the top, nuclear terrorists, run for your lives, everything seen in other game before. The singleplayer dvd disc in the box is just a waste of the space and money and can be safely skipped altogether.

On to multiplayer. Gameplay is fast, more like in a Call of Duty series games which for me is not a good thing. Especially with the Close Quarters map pack installed the difference between MW3 and BF3 is hardly there anymore. In larger maps balance of power is heavily skewed towards vehicular combat. Gone are the days when a single player had a chance against a tank or a heli. Also gone are the days of fully destructible buildings. Some walls will stand no matter how much punishment is dealt to them. More choice does not mean better choice
  76. Aug 9, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is an amazing game, I never played any previous battlefield games aside from BFBC2, but I only played that for an hour or two, the multiplayer brought a huge change to the familiarity I had with Call of Duty, I very much prefer the customization, the maps, and the graphics are immense. Great job DICE. The singleplayer portion wasn't too great however, its unfortunate. It isBattlefield 3 is an amazing game, I never played any previous battlefield games aside from BFBC2, but I only played that for an hour or two, the multiplayer brought a huge change to the familiarity I had with Call of Duty, I very much prefer the customization, the maps, and the graphics are immense. Great job DICE. The singleplayer portion wasn't too great however, its unfortunate. It is definitely more of a game to play with friends, if you're playing solo you won't enjoy it as much as you could. I still play this game today and will continue to do so. Expand
  77. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is in my opinion,one of the worst FPS games out there.I'm a fan of the series and I have played both BFBC 1 and 2.I was very excited for this game to come out but it got old fast.It seemed EA was more worried about pushing the game out so they can milk it for all it is worth instead of trying to fix the problems that were in the beta.The campaign was short and dull and reallyThis game is in my opinion,one of the worst FPS games out there.I'm a fan of the series and I have played both BFBC 1 and 2.I was very excited for this game to come out but it got old fast.It seemed EA was more worried about pushing the game out so they can milk it for all it is worth instead of trying to fix the problems that were in the beta.The campaign was short and dull and really didn't really immerse me into the experience.The multiplayer was broken and all the guns was uneven.I really think BF Premium was a rip off and a scam to get people to buy into the game.This really is the worst game ever! Expand
  78. Aug 1, 2012
    This game is honestly one of the games I've ever played. I used to be a call of duty noob, but this game is way better! The graphics are amazing, the gameplay in the campaign is spectacular, and the online/multiplayer is really fun and enjoyable. Although you have to pay for an online pass if you didn't already have one, that is only one of the minor things that upset me a little about theThis game is honestly one of the games I've ever played. I used to be a call of duty noob, but this game is way better! The graphics are amazing, the gameplay in the campaign is spectacular, and the online/multiplayer is really fun and enjoyable. Although you have to pay for an online pass if you didn't already have one, that is only one of the minor things that upset me a little about the game. But in the end, I give the game a 10/10 Expand
  79. Jul 23, 2012
    TLDR - BF3 is the grown up version of the Modern Warfare series. If you can overlook that some of the maps/modes are a bit too "big" for the console player limitations this game is head and shoulders better than all the other shooters out of there.

I started console gaming playing CoD:MW. For me CoD:MW is the seminal version of the series, nothing comes close to how good it felt to play it. The game modes are great, the maps excellent, everyone played it at the time and they had the balance of flashy gizmo's such as killstreaks down well. Then came the crash, World at War. World at war as OK, but it wasn't nearly as good as MW and although me and all my friends tried hard to make it work it didn't, we couldn't go back to MW1 because all the fan boys had left. We moved across to PS3 for MW2 for some bizarre reason. Again anticipation and inspite of everyone jumping onto the new band wagon our collective motivation died again. MW2 isn't a bad game, its very much like MW1 GTi, with lots more bangs and widgets but it with all its shiny new features it fails to hit the mark. Its got too many fancy add-ons and bonuses and things lighting up the screen. Must be great when you are a kid and your parents are dumb enough to buy you a 15 rated game. For kids it must be like catnip to a kitten, and from what I've heard MW3 is even worse quote "like they've given the developers red bull, coke, mountain dew and amphetamines and said crack on!".

I came back to the XBOX recently, and bought MW2 because I thought it was a safe bet and BF3. The first thing I noticed about BF3 was first how ******* loud it is, basically every weapon and explosion is rendered in more HD than the graphics on the screen, and the graphics look pretty good. I initially jumped into any old game and found myself either being wasted quickly or running about without much to do. I started to think I didn't like it (because I was doing badly) and started to play CoD, but then I stuck with Team Deathmatch and things looked up. Essentially BF3 plays very differently to CoD. There's no UAV, there's no airstrike and no helicopter, its a very very raw experience compared to CoD. Its you, your mates versus a lot of people who want you dead.

Game modes are split between traditional TDM, Squad TDM )4 teams of 4 all against each other), Conquest which uses vehicles and massive maps with multiple capture points to fight over and Rush which is like conquest but once you have taken 2 capture points the map opens up to reveal more of the map. Rush and TDM are the stand out game modes with Rush pipping it for variety but TDM being a staple favourite to keep you going. Rush is a real thrill ride with the pressure on to attack or defend, the attackers win by taking all the control points and the defenders by holding the points out long enough and killing enough of you so you run out of respawns. Rush really makes good use of the massive maps but doesn't punish you for owning a console. Conquest can be the opposite, as when half of the team is in vehicles and you are running around a 5km long map action doesn't always rush towards you.

Weapons and classes wise BF3 is infinitely customisable with about 15-20 attachments to unlock with each weapon. Players don't have perks like MW, weapons have multiple attachment slots, so you can fit a scope, barrel attachment (laser dot, silencer) or an under slung mount (grip, 203 etc). The weapons "feel" much different to MW, they fall off with range and have individual kick back qualities which make them all different. The modifications to the weapons truly effect their performance and some only become truly good until you grind up to their unlocks. The weapons in BF3 make the game as you need to find which weapon works well for you and set it up accordingly.

Game play wise its a rollercoaster ride as you'd expect so I'll point out the main differences to other shooters:
    Solider movement is realistic (you can't jump and shoot) meaning you have to think about where to go and how to move there.
    Once in a squad you can spawn on other squad members to get right back into the action.
    Environments are destructible, so find a camper in a building and simply remove the building and kill the sniper!
    BF3 uses a suppression system. If someone is shooting "at" you but not necessarily hitting you, you become "suppressed". Your screen goes fuzzy and you can't aim as well until you have calmed down.

A final note goes to battlelog. Battlelog is a browser based system for reviewing your stats and allows you to track your performance, create a platoon for you and your friends and when you have the DLC maps track your progress towards new weapons (assignments). Its a really good system and lets you look at what weapons you should focus on and which to ignore.

Conclusion
    Buy with confidence a grown up shooter for grown ups!

80. Jul 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say that hasn't already been said about Battlefield this wonderful game sure its populated online by hacker and booster but challenger to Modern Warfare?
    Sorry I don't think so, Modern Warfare step down, Battlefield 3 is where the real challenge lies and what with the Back to Karkland, Close Quarters and Armoured Kill packs promising more action, newer planes, maps, tanks and guns then you have seriously got to think that Modern Warfare's dominance is at an end or at lease waning.
  81. Jul 5, 2012
    I have bought every cod game since cod4 and they have all been hit or miss for me. MW3 was a big let down for me and I sold it on craigslist in a few days not knowing what to replace it with. Luckily, a lot of coworkers were playing BF3. I picked it up, unsure if I would like it due to the fact that I like fast-paced gameplay. Honestly, its what I had hoped mw3 would have been. TheI have bought every cod game since cod4 and they have all been hit or miss for me. MW3 was a big let down for me and I sold it on craigslist in a few days not knowing what to replace it with. Luckily, a lot of coworkers were playing BF3. I picked it up, unsure if I would like it due to the fact that I like fast-paced gameplay. Honestly, its what I had hoped mw3 would have been. The class creation system is simple--which is one of the biggest problems with cod for me--- no piles of killstreaks to chose between and stacks of perks to overcomplicate things. Honestly, the fact that I can go through a game and not get killed by some bs killstreak is reason enough to try this game. In short, this game has completely overshadowed cod for me. Unless if black ops 2 really blows the competition out of the water, I probably wont even try that series for awhile. BF3 is just more entertaining to me. If I want fast-paced combat, I can hop into tdm which is very similar to cod; or if I want some substance to my game I can play rush or conquest for some nice vehicle variety. Expand
  82. Jun 29, 2012
    More and more you see FPS's putting much greater time and effort into their multiplayer than their singleplayer. In no game is this more apparent than Battlefield 3. The campaign is relatively short, painfully shallow and completely unfocused. It can't decide whether it wants to be an all-out spectacle like Modern Warfare or take a more tactical "realistic" approach. In the end it doesn'tMore and more you see FPS's putting much greater time and effort into their multiplayer than their singleplayer. In no game is this more apparent than Battlefield 3. The campaign is relatively short, painfully shallow and completely unfocused. It can't decide whether it wants to be an all-out spectacle like Modern Warfare or take a more tactical "realistic" approach. In the end it doesn't succeed at being either. Multiplayer on the other hand is among the best gaming has to offer. It has the perfect combination of addictiveness and depth, boasting a high level of customization, well-balanced classes and excellent maps. Co-op feels more akin to the campaign and pales in comparison to the multiplayer. The only thing I can recommend about Battlefield 3 is its multiplayer and if its wasn't as great as it is, this game would have been one of the biggest letdowns of this generation. Expand
  83. Jun 24, 2012
    Now, to be fair, this rating should be an 8.7, not a 9. It just rounds up like that. This game is a lot of fun, you just need to get used to the idea of destructable environments. Also, the glare from the game itself can be quite annoying, but I toned down my brightness so that I could actually see. I'll be honest: this game is only made for its multiplayer. I barely touched the campaignNow, to be fair, this rating should be an 8.7, not a 9. It just rounds up like that. This game is a lot of fun, you just need to get used to the idea of destructable environments. Also, the glare from the game itself can be quite annoying, but I toned down my brightness so that I could actually see. I'll be honest: this game is only made for its multiplayer. I barely touched the campaign until my internet connection went out for a few days. After I finished the campaign, I vowed I would never play it again unless it was for achievements. Multiplayer can be frustrating at times, what with vehicles that kill you before you even have time to grab a grenade, or having your team getting stuck in a spawntrap, but the overall experience is quite fun. Final Verdict: Worth buying, unless you don't like huge FPS games Expand
  84. Jun 17, 2012
    Enjoyable game. Way better than call of duty. Instead of run and shoot, you actually have to traverse the land, and be carefull. Great graphics, and animations. Has balancing issues, and can rage easy, but there is soooo much content in the multiplayer. Single player is fairly good as well.
  85. Jun 16, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is a solid multiplayer FPS. The single player campaign is fairly unoriginal, but has some bright spots on certain missions, such as the one where you are a co-pilot in a jet or a crew member of a tank. On the plus side, compared to the PC version, you don't have to deal with Origin or the Battlelog, which are both horrendously intrusive and unnecessary. The big problem IBattlefield 3 is a solid multiplayer FPS. The single player campaign is fairly unoriginal, but has some bright spots on certain missions, such as the one where you are a co-pilot in a jet or a crew member of a tank. On the plus side, compared to the PC version, you don't have to deal with Origin or the Battlelog, which are both horrendously intrusive and unnecessary. The big problem I have however, is how difficult it is to connect to a match as a group. I regularly game with 3 other guys, and almost every time we search for a match or join a server, we get placed on opposite teams. Sometimes, half of us don't even make it to the game because the server only had room for some of us. Most other online FPSes find you a game based around your party, but in BF3 they break up your party to put you in a game. Pretty lame. Expand
  86. Jun 15, 2012
    An amazing game that has changed my perspective on online console shooters. Let me start out by saying that I have not played any of the previous games in the series, nor have I played any other shooter online besides The Halo Series, Call of Duty MW and MW2. I am not even much of a shooter guy, I love playing JRPG's because of my childhood, therefore when reading this small review keep inAn amazing game that has changed my perspective on online console shooters. Let me start out by saying that I have not played any of the previous games in the series, nor have I played any other shooter online besides The Halo Series, Call of Duty MW and MW2. I am not even much of a shooter guy, I love playing JRPG's because of my childhood, therefore when reading this small review keep in mind that this is coming from someone who does not consider himself a shooter fanatic and instead considers himself not too fond of the genre itself.

Battlefield 3 does not have anything new to offer in single player that games like Call of Duty have not already touched on. The story is simple, and by not going into any detail about it I can assure you that it is not one of this games most powerful feats. The shooting mechanics are simple but the game sure does give a great immersion effect to make the player feel like he/she is actually aware of what is going on. For example, whenever a bullet or rocket smashes into the cover 3 inches away from you, or when a barrage of bullets come flying towards you but just barely manage to miss you, there is a suppression effect. The screen begins to blur up based on the intensity, movements from your players joints become slightly hindered, ears begin to deafen based on the power and area of explosions, and a dramatic feeling of awesomeness begins to pump through your veins making you love every minute of it. Now onto everything else that matters...

When you went to the game store and took out your wallet/purse and traded the clerk your hard earned money for this game, every single dollar that you just spent is glorified through this games multiplayer. Your hard earned money is
  87. Jun 14, 2012
    Battlefield 3 is the first (true) port to the series to make its way onto consoles. With a slow single player campaign with enriching dialog, great voice acting, and perfect set piece moments it's not really what the average gamer looks for. Another aspect of the campaign is somewhat questionable. The lack A.I skills in this linear shooter never puts stress on a player. The multiplayer onBattlefield 3 is the first (true) port to the series to make its way onto consoles. With a slow single player campaign with enriching dialog, great voice acting, and perfect set piece moments it's not really what the average gamer looks for. Another aspect of the campaign is somewhat questionable. The lack A.I skills in this linear shooter never puts stress on a player. The multiplayer on the other hand puts casual and hardcore gamers alike in a tactical situation that will have you sitting on the edge of your seats through out the whole match. With beautiful graphics provided by the frostbite 2 engine, this game never makes playing for long periods of time an eye sore. The game overall is beautiful with a slow campaign that's made up for in the large multiplayer. This game is definitely something to look out for in stores if you don't already own this blockbuster title. Expand
  88. Jun 7, 2012
    Battlefield 3 took me a few days to really buy into. But once I finally figured it out, it became a better game. The campaign isn't all the impressive, but when you invest in Battlefield, you're investing in multiplayer. And despite the noticeably lower graphics quality between the consoles and the cutting-edge PC version, the lower player support, and smaller maps... well, BattlefieldBattlefield 3 took me a few days to really buy into. But once I finally figured it out, it became a better game. The campaign isn't all the impressive, but when you invest in Battlefield, you're investing in multiplayer. And despite the noticeably lower graphics quality between the consoles and the cutting-edge PC version, the lower player support, and smaller maps... well, Battlefield 3 still shines. The biggest reason being the customization each class can have as you rank up and unlock new gear. Add that on top of superb vehicular combat and an equally-valuable infantry approach, and you have something that Modern Warfare 3 wishes it had: dynamics. Expand
  89. Jun 7, 2012
    **** game. **** graphics. **** story. **** frame rate. **** weapons. **** sounds. **** characters.
    **** developer. **** publisher. All of this game is a ****
  90. May 31, 2012
    This is a rare game for me,in that i'm interested not only in the story campaign,but the multiplayer.I can say with all honesty,that the multiplayer in the Battlefield games have been the only multiplayer to ever interest me.While the multiplayer is very good & doesnt really disappoint,i cant help feeling i prefered the multiplayer in Bad Company 2.. While there are minor improvments inThis is a rare game for me,in that i'm interested not only in the story campaign,but the multiplayer.I can say with all honesty,that the multiplayer in the Battlefield games have been the only multiplayer to ever interest me.While the multiplayer is very good & doesnt really disappoint,i cant help feeling i prefered the multiplayer in Bad Company 2.. While there are minor improvments in Battlefield 3,such as being able to go prone,& flying jets,i cant help feeling the tactical,considered pace of Bad Company 2,& indeed all other BF games before No 3,has been lost.The pace to the gameplay seems to have quickened to somwhere inbetween Call of Duty & pre-Battlefield 3 Battlefield games.I do not prefer this faster,very almost run & gun pace.Also i am finding the maps were much more entertaining in Bad Company 2.The areas that are out of bounds during matches also seem very restrictive & quite annoying.For quite some time,there was some really annoying loopholes in the multiplayer,such as players being able to use drones as elevators or ram them into players & kill them,& it being practically impossible to shoot down aircraft,making them mostly unchallenged.Most of those issues were eventually fixed thank goodness,but now i feel these rent a servers are causing problems now.Why EA insist on charging for creating custom matches while other games offer this for free out of the box,is beyond me,but its pretty reprehensible.Its things like that,& letting people pay to unlock all the gear(or as i call it 'Cheating' ) in the game that makes one wonder if EA are intent on ruining their own game.. All that aside,the multiplayer is still among the best out there,& i particually enjoy Rush & Conquest.
    The single player is very good also,it looks very good & plays very well.The game definately has its moments,with the bit in the F18 a real standout moment that easily beats any C130 Spectre sections in rival games.In fact even though all the set pieces seem to be on a smaller scale than CoD,they seem more visceral,fun & cinamatic.Special mention must also go to the excellent sound,both in Single & multiplayer.Theres 2 criticisms i have with the campaign.1,While its good,its ALOT shorter than EA were making out it was going to be,which is really disappointing, & 2,The lack of Co-Op in the campaign.These squad games are ideal for Co-Op as games like Gears of War & more recently Ghost Recon -Future Soldier prove,yet every year we see that potential wasted.. These half baked 'Side Co-Op modes',just dont cut it,they never do.They just seem to lazily put it in,so they can put a Co-Op sticker on the back of the box.Its good they've put some Co-Op in,such as it is,but as i say,its pretty token stuff,Its very short & very unremarkable.
    The game does have its issues,some of which i have mentioned,BUT it is a very good package on the whole,as both a single player & multiplayer package combined,which is why it gets a 9.Now,if they can finally achieve Co-Op campaign in Battlefield 4,it'll probably get a ten.I wont hold my breath though.
  91. May 25, 2012
    This difference between this game and bf2 is astonishing. Single player is bland as with most shooters but the multiplayer shines. Such a great game full of innovation not just the same grenade spamming twitch fest. Call of duty needs to learn a lesson and change up they're stale formula if they wanna compete.
  92. May 24, 2012
    This game would be a 9 in my book but EA has resold the servers and you can no longer play on official servers running a dedicated game mode (rush) on all maps...super frustrating. Tons of hackers, amazing graphics, brilliant concept, great level design, great sound, play the game 100 different ways, did I mention the terrible back end and awful customer service, thanks EA for ruiningThis game would be a 9 in my book but EA has resold the servers and you can no longer play on official servers running a dedicated game mode (rush) on all maps...super frustrating. Tons of hackers, amazing graphics, brilliant concept, great level design, great sound, play the game 100 different ways, did I mention the terrible back end and awful customer service, thanks EA for ruining Dice's beautiful project Expand
  93. May 24, 2012
    I thought this game was sick. I've never play a Battlefield game before, but after this one I think I'm hooked. The multiplayer is mean and has a long lasting appeal with so many unlocks, massive maps and sick vehicles to drive. Me personally I'm a big fan of multiplayer and not so much single player. The campaign is fun but not very long and isn't going blow your mind. Multiplayer isI thought this game was sick. I've never play a Battlefield game before, but after this one I think I'm hooked. The multiplayer is mean and has a long lasting appeal with so many unlocks, massive maps and sick vehicles to drive. Me personally I'm a big fan of multiplayer and not so much single player. The campaign is fun but not very long and isn't going blow your mind. Multiplayer is where the game shines. For all those people with MW3 and wondering if they should pick this game up, you defiantly should. I'm a big fan of COD but it's great having this game as another multiplayer to play instead of COD. Expand
  94. May 19, 2012
    This game sucks so bad i cant put it into words there is no point in buying this game. Why must a company even release a game as bad as this. If they were smart they would tank the franchise
  95. May 19, 2012
    Yes the game has flaws (multiplayer glitch weapons mainly). On the whole this game is jawdroppingly amazing. The length and width of maps is second to none. They are huge and varied and take ages to traverse without vehicles. The huge range of weapons is also second to none with approximately 20 per class to master.
    As far i am concerned, this knocks any cod game out cold as everything
    As far i am concerned, this knocks any cod game out cold as everything just works so much better and now that private& totally customisable servers are available, the game has received a fresh breath of life. Dice listened to the fans and gave them what they wanted (a rarity these days) and with new content planned at regular intervals between june 2012 & march 2013, this behemoth game can only get bigger and better, even adding battlefield premium (akin to cod:elite but more powerful). This game will continue to go from strength to strength, whilst cod fans will have to rely on their yearly november rehash / rerelease of the same game again and again
  96. May 15, 2012
    Very poop game. Controls feel awkard and stiff for a console game. While the graphics are good, the "destruction" is nowhere to be seen. The engine seems to have taken a step back since battlefield bad company 2. Pro Tip: buy this on PC or don't buy it at all
  97. May 11, 2012
    I'm bumping my review up to an 7, because I'm kind of enjoying it now, but my complaints stay the same. The campaign is short and dull. There are still way to many glitches left over from a late beta. The trailers were obviously PC graphics, even though they denied it. The graphics on the 360 seems to be just barely better than Bad Company 2. Still pixely, still have to squint to look farI'm bumping my review up to an 7, because I'm kind of enjoying it now, but my complaints stay the same. The campaign is short and dull. There are still way to many glitches left over from a late beta. The trailers were obviously PC graphics, even though they denied it. The graphics on the 360 seems to be just barely better than Bad Company 2. Still pixely, still have to squint to look far away. MW2 looks better. Though is does feel like it controls a lot better... (Feels more like COD, but not quite) It still feels glitchy and erratic like Bad Company. I know that this is a different story and series than Bad Company, but it just feels like Bad Company 2.5, which isn't always a bad thing. The menus suck and are full of glitches. Joining a squad is glitchy as well. This game gets a 7, one higher than the last Battlefield. Expand
  98. May 5, 2012
    Well, Battlefield was always my favorite FPS, always bringing something new, but this one was just to confront Call of Duty. Same airplane stuff, same action videos, same interrogate now to play the past as black ops, sniper stuffs and many others, and the worst, has not a self bright, just look like any other shooter.
  99. May 2, 2012
    I was a CoD player until I found out Bad Company 2. It was my first Battlefield game. Sunddely, i've turned into a fan boy of Battlefield serie. I just want to say that Battlefield 3 is amazing, it brings us a war feeling. The campaing isn't wonderful, but online mode is where the things happens. A special game!
  100. Apr 29, 2012
    Overall, Battlefield 3 is a good game. The campaign is the best of the series to this date, but can only keep you occupied for about a day. Multiplayer is the highlight of this game though, and the same could be said for all of the other games in the series. The graphics are excellent, but your experience may or may not be plagued by lag(Mine was 25% of the time). The maps are veryOverall, Battlefield 3 is a good game. The campaign is the best of the series to this date, but can only keep you occupied for about a day. Multiplayer is the highlight of this game though, and the same could be said for all of the other games in the series. The graphics are excellent, but your experience may or may not be plagued by lag(Mine was 25% of the time). The maps are very unique and each one is very large, but because it is a console game, the maximum amount of players allowed in each game is 24. The small amount of players per game may give you the feeling that you are wandering aimlessly around a massive map looking for the opposing team. The vehicles offer an experience that Modern Warfare 3 cannot match, along with destructible environments that adds a sense of realism to the game. The controls and movement are decent but Modern Warfare 3 is better. Personally, I had trouble joining matches with my friends online which would irritate me greatly, leaving me to reset my console constantly until joining their squad was successful, but with future updates, this problem may not occur as much with me anymore. The deep customization for primary and secondary guns and vehicle upgrades will keep you occupied for a long time. Compared to Modern Warfare 3, BF3 wins, offering a more teamwork-oriented game play. The amount of EXP gained is not based on the amount kills you get like Modern Warfare 3, it's based on what your personal actions are, ranging from healing teammates with the Medic class, to repairing friendly vehicles with the Engineer class. If you want a game that is fun and rewarding to play with friends, play Battlefield 3. Expand
  101. Oct 25, 2011
    This game is incredibly fun. Never was a big fan of the BF series, but BC2 was what turned me. The online is hectic and tactical/slow and deliberate all at the same time. This iteration shows a huge leap in the controls and hit detection. Your movement is tight and fluid. Gone is the BC2 clunkiness. Minimal lag so far which is surprising on launch nite. IMPROVED EVERY SINGLE ISSUE MANY HADThis game is incredibly fun. Never was a big fan of the BF series, but BC2 was what turned me. The online is hectic and tactical/slow and deliberate all at the same time. This iteration shows a huge leap in the controls and hit detection. Your movement is tight and fluid. Gone is the BC2 clunkiness. Minimal lag so far which is surprising on launch nite. IMPROVED EVERY SINGLE ISSUE MANY HAD WITH THE BETA! First game i got in i had a "Battlefield Moment". Its an amazing feeling to be defending an MCOM and feel a huge explosion and turn around to see the building you are in now has a huge hole in the wall. It is so immersive. The campaign is akin to a blockbuster movie more so than a huge adventure, but thats how fps games are in todays industry. Anyone saying this experience is less than an 8 needs to stop basing their review on how well they play online and start basing it on the game itself. BF3 is sure to be the top contender for shooters this year. i give it a 10 simply because it lives up to all it was said to be, which is all most gamers ask for. Great work DICE! Collapse

1. Feb 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a great single player campaign you're out of luck, rent BF3 or pick it up in the bargain bin. If you're looking for the best online multiplayer action then BF3 is your game hands down.
  2. Jan 24, 2012
    While Battlefield 3 was aiming to be the biggest name this holiday season, and while it has made strides towards knocking off Modern Warfare 3, it misses the mark. That's not to say it is a bad game, it's a very good one, but the polish and excitement that is found on the Call of Duty series feels missing here. Still, there are much worse games you could end up with this holiday season, and the competition between the two series should heat up significantly in the next few years.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    This experience alone sums up what Battlefield 3 is about. It isn't a John Rambo run and gun shooter and it shouldn't really be compared to MW3 in terms of how you play it. For players to truly understand the Battlefield experience you need to embrace the teamwork by joining a squad and calling out your spotted enemies, as after all, sometimes you also need your back covered too.