Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Xbox 360

7.8

1. Jan 14, 2011
    Just received the game for X-mas. I am a long time gamer since the start of gaming, seen it all. Played a bit of the campaign but mostly on X-box live. Lets start with the graphics that everybody is saying so great. My TV is 53" 6 year old HD projection (witch weren't that great to start with) so the graphics look like sh** and I have trouble seeing enemies and tanks even close up someJust received the game for X-mas. I am a long time gamer since the start of gaming, seen it all. Played a bit of the campaign but mostly on X-box live. Lets start with the graphics that everybody is saying so great. My TV is 53" 6 year old HD projection (witch weren't that great to start with) so the graphics look like sh** and I have trouble seeing enemies and tanks even close up some times, you have to look for motion for something to stand out. Especially with all the constant smoke and dust obscuring visibility. You shoot an enemy up and a cloud of smoke obstructs further aiming. Not knowing where your enemies are is very realistic but it seems like most of the times you die you never see it coming, sometime the radar will light up enemies when they are shooting at you but allot of times it doesn't which is very frustrating because you can't rely on it. They are trying to take 3D life where you have your 6 senses working 360 degrees and peripheral vision - and then translate it to 2D which doesn't work. They have to give you alternate senses to rely on to replace the ones lost. Allot of times it ends up being just a free fraul off killing and deaths unless you are on a drastically winning team or are on a private chat with 3 other friends to coordinate attacks and expose enemies by sacrificing your own. The ability to respawn on your own personal and bases makes dying only a minor inconvenience adding to the free fraul. In conquest respawning only at home base would solve this plus being made to take bases in order and the game ending when you posses all the bases would eliminate the craziness and late game home base blood baths creating a straight forward goal based battle. The next biggest frustration with the game is getting stuck on you surroundings either waking or driving. When walking anything over 6 inches tall (step height) stops you dead forcing you to jump as well as hills you think you should be able to climb up stop you and you sit there jumping like an idiot trying to get up. You will end up pulling your hair out because of this. When driving a tank you get stuck on almost everything. There is not much that can stop a tank in real life but when you get stuck on a wooden fence or building it's frustrating. Some things come down easy an others do not - very frustrating You should be able to flatten the grass/bamboo/tin huts in the Vietnam version without even slowing down. Some will break with effort but by then you are dead from enemy fire that you can't locate it's origin . Next is the weapons capabilities, as you build rand they give you more weapons not necessarily better ones. As you scroll thought the list of weapons you can't compare them directly, you find two you like at opposite ends of the list and by the time you scroll from one to the other you can't hardly remember where the bar was - to solve this give the power / accuracy / range bars a numerical value. As well the ability to only use one spec in each of the three spec columns is a piss off. You put hundreds of hours into the game to earn this stuff and only get to use 3. They make you choose between armor or ammo, targeting systems or speedy reloading ect............................It feels like all the time and progress is futile. You should be able to use them all, you put the time in you reap the benefits. If it gives you to much of an advantage make them harder to get or set up games where your entrance depends on ability. Low rank players play with other low rankers ect... Another thing that is frustrating is the aiming ability, whenever you hit the button it seems like I am always pointing at the enemies feet. If you set the sensitivity low it moves to slow and you end up dead, too fast and you over shoot the target every time, I can't seem to find a happy middle ground. Always liked some sort of mild auto aiming. Lastly the gun sights projected out in front of you whether walking or driving are either white or lighted red or blue. The white being the worst, you have a hard time seeing them especially when going though like back ground colours or smoke. Half the time you can't tell where you are aiming. The 4x red dot scope is a great spec but you have to pass up other good specs to use it. I should have waited for version 3. I hope they address all the problems with #2 and fire all their testers and hire some that know what they are doing and have some balls to say that the game isn't ready yet!â Expand
  2. Apr 24, 2011
    Bad Company 2 takes the FPS genre and brings some refreshing changes into the mix, especially with its multiplayer component. The campaign is fun, the story isn't fantastic but there are some interesting sections to play through and the characters have some mildly amusing dialogue, although not as much as the first game. The online multiplayer is where this game really impresses. There areBad Company 2 takes the FPS genre and brings some refreshing changes into the mix, especially with its multiplayer component. The campaign is fun, the story isn't fantastic but there are some interesting sections to play through and the characters have some mildly amusing dialogue, although not as much as the first game. The online multiplayer is where this game really impresses. There are only 3 modes, squad death match is where 4 teams of 4 players go around the map and try to reach 40 kills before any other. Rush involves one team of 12 attempting to destroy two points before advancing, up to five times depending on the map, and doing so again. Conquest is the classic Battlefield game type where 12v12 teams attempt to gain control of flags and elimate all enemy respawn tickets (250 each I think); the more flags you hold, the easier is it to deplete their tickets. There are four combat classes, assault where you get access to many assault rifles, and have the ability to resupply comrades with ammunition to earn extra points. Engineer has access to silenced SMGs and RPGs, as well as the ability to repair friendly vehicles, or hi-jacked enemy ones. The Medic class can revive recently killed team mates, as well as supply health packs to those who have been badly wounded in a gunfight; this class can use machine guns. The Recon class has access to sniper rifles, and can stay back from the main fight a spot enemies (all players can spot, but recon class can spot from a distance and pick off enemies). Recon can call in mortar strikes on a position.

The maps are huge and destructible, virtually every building and tree can be razed to the ground and huge craters appear in the ground where mortar fire rains down. You can play with 4-squad mates, whom you can chat with, and you can respawn on them if they're in trouble or safe, depending on how daring you are. Respawning is the best of any online shooter, you only get killed on spawning if you spawn on a squadmate in imminent danger. You can spawn quite safely in the team's base. Vehicles play a huge part, with different kinds of choppers and tanks and others to take the attack to the enemies. The guns looks and sound fantastic, and with the volume turned up and 'War Tapes' sound setting on, it really immerses you into a proper battle. Be warned, if you're used to playing Call of Duty, there is a steep learning curve to get used to the heavier feel of the game, but once you get through it, there is no game better at making you feel like part of a battle or part of a team. It's the best online shooter out there, so give it a go.
  3. Feb 15, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company series is my second favourite shooter behind Gears of War, and this add on pretty good. However the Vietnam setting and weaponry is so frustrating at times, as all the foliage has turned it into a campers paradise. Also the US soldiers are far more heavily armed than the N.V.A, and leveling up of weapons is a mystery! If it was 800 points then I would have given itBattlefield Bad Company series is my second favourite shooter behind Gears of War, and this add on pretty good. However the Vietnam setting and weaponry is so frustrating at times, as all the foliage has turned it into a campers paradise. Also the US soldiers are far more heavily armed than the N.V.A, and leveling up of weapons is a mystery! If it was 800 points then I would have given it an eight, but there isn't enough for me to justify buying it for 1200 points. Good but not great, went back to playing the normal Bad Company multiplayer after a few days. Expand
  4. Oct 15, 2011
    I don't know why an expansion has to mean less weapons and less new stuff. It's nothing impressive. It's funny but DICE could have done it better. The Vietnam atmosphere is great anyways... but it has nothing to do with his big brother "Bad Company 2". This expansion is fine, but I expected much more from Battlefield.
  5. Mar 4, 2011
    I am disappointed, in this expansion. Only 4 maps (with many glitch spots on each) and very limited weapons (3 per class) left me wanting more. The only difference between this and the (much better) game is the lack of optics. I say pass unless you have achieved everything you want in the original game.
  6. Apr 1, 2011
    Vietnam is just like the crappy multiplayer from the regular game, only this is with crappier older guns. It's barely playable for me. I played it for achievements. STRICTLY achievements.
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    I love BC2, but I could have lived without this expansion. Its more maps and more guns, and its worth the money but I dont care for the guns or the maps. So this was a waste of money for me personally.

1. Mar 7, 2011
    With five new maps, new weapons and vehicles, Vietnam is a good multiplayer-expansion to 2010s best first person shooter. Although a new mode would have given the package more meat to the bone, there is plenty of napalm to go around.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company Vietnam breathes new life in a game that already felt alive. It delivers a very memorable gaming experience, and is well worth the money.
  3. Games Master UK