7.8

1. Dec 21, 2010
    Graphics: 10 - Same BC2 graphics that are amazing and destructible. They eat up all the system resources at 720p and deserve nothing less than a 10.
    Playability: 10 - Easily playable, Control scheme is nice, and everything works as intended.
    Sounds: 10 - Amazing guns sounds, and now 40 Vietnam era songs that play in vehicles. Value: 9 - You get 4 (5 with the community challenge) large
    Value: 9 - You get 4 (5 with the community challenge) large maps, 15 new guns, 6 new vehicles, 40 songs, Vietnam settings, and all for $15.
    Replayability: 9 - Everything seems perfect, my only gripe is that once ingame, you feel like you lack weaponry. Most weapons are unlocked from the start, and you only get about 3 choices with each class (excluding allkits). There is only the RPG, no M72 Law, and you can't fire smoke grenades (a dire need on a couple maps for rush).

Conclusion: 9.4 - Since this a multilayer only expansion, the total score is heavily based on the value and replayability. I have seen very few expansions that are this good and are this cheap.
  2. Mar 8, 2011
    Best DLC of last year. Easily worth the 1200MS points. More of Battlefield's unique brand of strategy and mayhem. The graphics seem to look better than in the original game. The sounds and soundtrack are fantastic. 5 maps, of which two are outstanding (only one poor one in my opinion).

If you like Battlefield get this now.
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    Where the onslaught expansion failed to bring long lasting fun and value, Vietnam more than makes up for it. You can enjoy a fully new multiplayer experience with realistic, original and authentic radio voices and music as well as be stunned by the new maps (with a new one promised very soon by DICE). If you were a massive fan of the multiplayer of BC2, then this is highly recommended asWhere the onslaught expansion failed to bring long lasting fun and value, Vietnam more than makes up for it. You can enjoy a fully new multiplayer experience with realistic, original and authentic radio voices and music as well as be stunned by the new maps (with a new one promised very soon by DICE). If you were a massive fan of the multiplayer of BC2, then this is highly recommended as the experience is the same at heart yet feels like something completely new - and the end product is amazing! If however, you are a CoD regular, and never quite understood Bad company 2, then save your money for the later to be released "black ops map packs" being released next year. In conclusion, it is definitely better value for money than onslaught, the new maps are simply stunning, the battlefield feeling is still there but brought into a new package Collapse
  4. Dec 22, 2010
    Great game, great expansion. If you have ever played 1942 you will love this. Has a really classic battlefield feel to it mixed with BFBC2, the maps are great too. Loads of authentic music which adds real character, and the gun skins are ten times better than black ops. Well worth the 10quid or so to add hours more playability to battlefield a must buy for all BFBC2 fans!
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    Fantastic maps, great atmosphere, and authentic battle chatter on each side make for one great expansion that is not to be missed. Worth every penny! I just wish you could call in napalm strikes! Maybe for Bad Company 3? Close air support, A10's and such? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge;)
  6. Mar 11, 2011
    Very solid DLC. Each class gets 3 new weapons, plus the M2 Flamethrower is available for all classes. New maps, new vehicles, and music from the period blasting from vehicle speakers. Generally, this expansion pack is lighter on vehicle combat than the core game, which is either good or bad depending on what you want in a Battlefield experience. Operation Hastings and Phu Bai ValleyVery solid DLC. Each class gets 3 new weapons, plus the M2 Flamethrower is available for all classes. New maps, new vehicles, and music from the period blasting from vehicle speakers. Generally, this expansion pack is lighter on vehicle combat than the core game, which is either good or bad depending on what you want in a Battlefield experience. Operation Hastings and Phu Bai Valley should have enough vehicles to keep you happy, whereas Kao Son Temple, Hill 137, and Vantage Point play out as more of an infantry meatgrinder. Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2011
    Overall: 9/10 This is a sick game people. If you are as tired as i am playing cod and are looking for something fresh try out bc2. In my opinion by far better than the call of duty series anyways.
  8. Mar 6, 2011
    Extremely fun DLC. Definitely my favorite of the year. Honestly I think this is a better version than the actual game. The songs are great choices for Vietnam era and of course the sound is terrific which is something I have come to expect from DICE.
  9. Mar 13, 2011
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was not a game I use to like because Modern Warfare 2 was my favourite game, but when I got Black Ops I was getting tired of Call of Duty. Now that I played the game it is my Call of Duty Killer. The online is fantastic and with Vietnam is just outstanding, Vietnam is a new and fresh experience with new weapons from the Vietnam era which has totally balanced theBattlefield: Bad Company 2 was not a game I use to like because Modern Warfare 2 was my favourite game, but when I got Black Ops I was getting tired of Call of Duty. Now that I played the game it is my Call of Duty Killer. The online is fantastic and with Vietnam is just outstanding, Vietnam is a new and fresh experience with new weapons from the Vietnam era which has totally balanced the classes.

The maps are well designed and I have discovered no bugs or glitches on 360 or even PC, but some say they have and I've never found any or they were patched up.
    The environments are nice and big, no campers, boosters won't survive thanks to the destructible environments which change the map's experience so that you feel it's not just the same thing over and over. But will it last? The expansion pack contains 5 maps and in my opinion it's not enough, sure its worth 1200 Microsoft Points (£10/$15 on PSN or PC). A good price, better then Black Ops First strike. But if your going to buy it for the first time in 2011 then you'll have a blast! But if you don't like old shooter types then you shouldn't buy it. But BattleField 3 won't be out for quite some time until the Beta comes out on September.

But this expansion pack is going to last a lifetime, it has some bad sides but minor ones. But if your bored of Call of Duty and need a new FPS, you have bought the right game. A must buy.
  10. Mar 31, 2011
    Well worth the money, especially when compared to the garbage cod usually comes out with. The overall expirience is well balanced and this provides a nice change of pace from the original bfbc 2.
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam is the only big expansion released for Bad Company 2 and is priced at 800 Microsoft Points. The expansion includes new achievements, new weapons, new vehicles, new maps and a new era, plus a flamethrower. Vietnam has a grainy look to it, but it fits the Vietnam setting. With the expansion you'll find some classic Vietnam weapons like the M16A1, AK-47,Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam is the only big expansion released for Bad Company 2 and is priced at 800 Microsoft Points. The expansion includes new achievements, new weapons, new vehicles, new maps and a new era, plus a flamethrower. Vietnam has a grainy look to it, but it fits the Vietnam setting. With the expansion you'll find some classic Vietnam weapons like the M16A1, AK-47, M40A1, SVD and M60. A couple of the weapons you'll find here were also in the base Bad Company 2, like the M60, 870 MCS, M60 and Uzi, however, they are not just copies, they have new looks as well as modified stats to fit Vietnam's new damage model. And yes, in Vietnam, the weapon damage has been increased, in just about everything except the snipers which still require a headshot to kill (and are still overpowered as hell in hardcore). To fit with the Vietnam setting, some specs like pretty much all the sights except the 12X scope, and the coaxial LMG(replaced with a coazial flamethrower) have been removed. The Flamethrower (primary weapon) is really good and seems to be balanced, and lets you torch your enemies and your surroundings. The new vehicles are pretty basic, couple jeeps, couple tanks, couple helicopers (all of which have much weaker armour than in the base game), and the game includes 5 maps, all of which are available for use in all game modes. Now, consider all of this for $10, then consider the $15 COD maps maps (for 5 maps, some of which are reused from previous titles). Is Bad Company 2 Vietnam worth it? 5 maps, almost 10 new vehicles, about 15 new weapons, and the whole new era, absolutely. If you enjoyed Bad Company 2, so long as you don't have a problem with Vietnam, you should definitely take 10 of those 15 bucks you were going to spend on the new COD maps and get some more Bad Company 2 content for a much better deal. Expand
  12. Dec 21, 2010

1. Mar 7, 2011
    With five new maps, new weapons and vehicles, Vietnam is a good multiplayer-expansion to 2010s best first person shooter. Although a new mode would have given the package more meat to the bone, there is plenty of napalm to go around.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company Vietnam breathes new life in a game that already felt alive. It delivers a very memorable gaming experience, and is well worth the money.
  3. Feb 18, 2011