8.7

1. Oct 13, 2010
    What makes BC2 the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played? It's the cinematic moments. Such as riding shotgun on a 4-wheeler through the Atacama desert as an Apache pilot flies low and close on your tail looking for the easy kill. Except, you pull out your Carl Gustav and watch it crash in flames on the ground after you catch it with your rocket dead on the nose. You and your squad then laugh as your 4-wheeler dodges the derbris and flames of what's left of the Apache on your way to capturing objective Charlie. Expand
  2. Dec 18, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest online FPS of all time! Obviously it has fault at some points (campaign isn't great) but the online aspect of the game is outstanding. The maps are huge, they provide different sorts of enviroments and best of all, something that most online games struggle at, they are BALANCED. DICE really have discovered hidden treasure because the quality of gameplay, graphics and teamwork. I find myself playing the game 3-5 hours daily and not once do I ever "rage quit" or get bored. The Cod series really need to step up to the plate this time and come up with new ideas as revamping older games into new games and selling them off for 50+ just simply isn't good enough. I challenge anyone to play Battlefield Bad Comany 2 online for 2-3 hours for a few days in 1 week and prove me wrong. All in all, 10/10 is my verdict. Simply a masterpiece, thinking "outside the box" is a huge step forward for gaming innovation. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2011
    This game is probably the best FPS game I have ever played on the Xbox360. I thoroughly enjoy the balance of the game compared to other games in the FPS genre. I like how most buildings can be completely demolished, and how you can change the tide of the battle with a single vehicle. Pros: Graphics, sound, replay value, squad system, controls, use of multiple vehicles (Sea, Land, Air), unlockable items, Cons: Cursing players (I have kids, so I have to play the game late at night), no fixed-wing aircraft Expand
  4. Aug 30, 2010
    not a good campaign but the multiplayer more than makes up for. The multiplayer is the best i have ever seen in my life and i never get bored of it.
  5. Sep 4, 2010
    The single player game may be short, but it's a fun ride while it lasts. Multiplayer, however will keep you hooked for months. The competitive component of this game offers a well-implemented progression system, an assortment of cool vehicles, damn good maps, and enough explosive spectacle to make Michael Bay green with envy.
  6. Nov 7, 2010
    The best FPS you can get on a console. Great sound, great physics, great destruction this game is awesome. The only thing i can complain about is that there is just a small amount of lag when you shoot a building with an explosive but how many games are there on a console with complete destruction in the multiplayer mode?
  7. Nov 12, 2010
    This game is just the best game in Battlefield series to now and in my opinion the best shooter so far in the seventh generation. The single player is ok, but the multiplayer is indescribable. I can't understand why there are people who can't see its greatness. There are only a few flaws in multiplayer, but I think most of them is because of my connection (not so good). And sometimes the game gets kind of unbalanced, driving you crazy in a low level team versus a almost full of high levels team. I would rate it 9.5, but since I can only rate integers and there are a lot of haters' reviews (c'mon, how the heck this game could get less than 6?) I can only rate it a 10.
    I had to pay approximately 81 dollars in my country for this one month after launching time, and believe me, I do really think it was so much worthy.
  8. Mar 31, 2011
    I've had this game since it released and I still love it. The only knock I have is the weapons are not as cool as other shooters. The xm8 is a cancelled project and it is one of the main weapon systems in this game. The under barrel shotgun would be cooler as a traditional master-key.All that is so minor and this game is great where it counts. The single player campaign is entertaining and maintains enough of the "sandbox" gameplay from the fist bc while providing scripted action sequences. The gameplay and fun factor of multiplayer is unmatched. This game is awesome and a must buy! Expand
  9. May 1, 2011
    This has got to be the best game for the 360...I've played a good many of this Genre and this has to be the best on line game out at the moment. Graphics, playability, maps, All feel great.
  10. Jul 10, 2011
    One of the greatest, action-packed games I have ever played. Next to the upcoming Halo 4, MW3, and Battlefield 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a thrilling adrenaline pumping game that no one should miss. If you otherwise want to buy Bayonetta, then this is not the game for you.
  11. Jul 11, 2011
    Excellent game. The lowest leaderboard rank I got was 6,000. It's a great game, requiring teamwork for success. This game is best played with at least 3 friends to make a full "squad". Mics make it even better. A team with mics will always beat a team without. This game has great graphics, animations and good campaign. Couldn't have asked for more...
  12. Sep 20, 2011
    After redownloading this game on the Xbox Live marketplace, I realised how terribly wrong I was in my past review. This blows MW2 and Black Ops out of the water, and is on par - in some aspects, better - with such classic COD games as COD5 and Modern Warfare. Can't wait for Battlefield 3, which i'm sure will be ten times better than this game. The only problems I can think of in this game are the lackluster campaign that generally fails to impress and the slightly overpowered medic class.

Multiplayer - 9.5/10
    Campaign - 6/10

Overall - 8.5/10
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is my favorite first person shooter of all time. Before i bought it i had already played modern warfare 2 and black ops, and i did enjoy them, but i found them repetitive and simple. To then play battlefield and have the freedom of flying around in UAVs, road killing snipers with tanks and grenade bombarding m-coms with boats was amazing. The campaign is pretty good, short but action packed and even funny at times. I give the singleplayer 8/10, but that doesnt bring the review down because battlefield is about the multiplayer. Customisation and leveling is perfect. Maps are superb in terms of gameplay and visuals, and there no other multiplayer experience like it in my opinion.
    I urge anyone to get this game, and any other battlefield game they can.
  14. Jan 19, 2012
    This game has nice Visuals and plays well but the single player was not worth it but battlefield is about the multi player. This game is not easy because you have to play as a team. Cod Tactics will not work because the maps are huge and destroyable. Destruction 2.0 changes the game because cover is gone then it will get harder as the match progresses. I would say this is a great game and a must have for battlefield fans (or bad company fans). Expand
  15. Aug 13, 2012
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 without a doubt is one of the best console fps games I have ever played. I picked it up again recently after more than a year of playing other fps games and it is still great.

Single player campaign is fun even when replaying and feels head and shoulders above bland and boring attempts at storytelling both of Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 to name a few
    recent failures. It has memorable characters which are not too serious about themselves, Battlefield signature destructible environments, plot with some rather predictable twists, is blissfully free of nuclear terrorists and it manages to conclude itself before getting too long and boring.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer has something that I have yet to find in any other fps
  16. Aug 13, 2010
    This game rocks. BFBC2 clearly is more balanced in terms of guns and gameplay than MW2. I only have one concern, they should have provided more maps n modes for the game. If you want to play tactically in a squad, this game is for u :D 910 for multiplayer. 810 for single player.
  17. Aug 22, 2010
    Much much better then mw2. I still play mw2 but if i had to burn one of them games I wouldn't even think about it. Although i was not a fan on the campaign it was still interesting but the multiplayer is by far the upside of the game.
    Getting to pic guys off running around in rush. Reviving team mates, drivin cars, tanks, helicopters. It is a great FPS stratagy game. I give it a 9.5 out
    of 10.

Review9
  18. Aug 24, 2010
    I couldn't wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2 to come out in March, sick and tired of Modern Warfare 2 and its alarming acceptance of the casual gamer. I was not disappointed. BFBC2 is better or as good as Modern Warfare 2 in every area, except for fanbase size (surprising considering this is a much better game) . This is the year that Battlefield has eclipsed Call of Duty in terms of enjoyability and gameplay.

First, the sound FX and graphics are both extremely detailed. The environments are very large and well-rendered, and the game runs very smoothly even when there is lots of action on the field. The sound is stunning, featuring an excellent soundtrack by Mikael Karlsson (although I think MW2's soundtrack is better) However, MW2 does not have sound FX that are even close to the magnitude of BFBC2. A sniper shot. A mortar volley. A grenade launcher. All of these sound realistic, whether they are flying by you and around you or you are delivering them unto others. The campaign is much better than before, sporting less scripted gameplay with an average story. Gameplay in BFBC2 has been vastly improved over its predecessor. There is many more game modes, much more variety in weapons (statistically), more vehicles, enhanced destruction, improved physics engine, better servers, balanced gameplay, and (arguably the most important) feedback from DICE and response from them. Arguably, that is what sets ths game apart the most from IW's overhyped disaster. For example, nearly every glitch and balancing issue (including the dreaded M60 LMG Sniper and 1-hit kill snipers in Hardcore) has been fixed. Meanwhile, IW has fixed only a few, extremely large glitches that shouldn't have even made it into the game. This game is a must-buy if you enjoy fun, balanced shooters where you won't get killed randomly all the time.
  19. Dec 26, 2010
    No doubht one of the best shooters of the year large maps on multiplayer and intense campaign gameplay make this one of the greatest games ever and a must buy!
  20. Sep 16, 2010
    I'll make this quick and easy. Singleplayer - 9 (Not the best, but I really liked it) Multiplayer - 10 (Very balanced, vehicles, 24 players) Gameplay - 10 (AI isn't stupid, Graphics are amazing, Destruction 2.0) Playability - 10 (Small learning curve, Tight Controls, No Hosts for servers) Replayability - 9 (Maps are starting to get stale(Vietnam!), Very fun, Intense combat) Much more teamwork w/o having to talk. For me it's an upside. Using the context sensitive keys you can designate what you want to do or want others to do with ease. From spotting enemies, to asking for ammo/health, or asking to ride in vehicles, it's mostly all there. If only you could have 2 channels, 1 for squad talk and 1 for team talk. I gave this game a 9 because it isn't perfect and doesn't deserve a 10 for me. Compared to other famous FPS's out there, this is the highest score I have given. CoD MW gets an 8, MW2 gets a 6, Halo Reach got a 7, and I won't even get Black Ops. Expand
  21. Sep 21, 2010
    excellent game, exceeded my expectations and i actually prefer it to CoD as the multiplayer is less flawed and less cheaters around, variety of online games is a bit poor though. Story mode is quite engaging and fairly lengthy too
  22. Sep 28, 2010
    Simply the most explosive, unbelievably intense & varied battlefield experience you will be talking about with your friends until the next iteration comes out! Bring on the Vietnam DLC!!! Battlefield presents you with hundreds of WTF situations, in a good way (affectionately known as "Battlefield Moments") Simply outclasses all competition. BUY IT! (& I'll see you on the battlefield!) Xbox live handle "|| BKSP ||" Expand
  23. Oct 6, 2010
    This game is very fun online for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. The maps are huge meaning brilliant sniping, tank or airbourne fights are immense. The campaign can be fun at parts but is very boring when your file save corrupts which it always seems to do. The online is great for tactical play as addictive rush mode is brilliant. However if you dont have xbox live or have dial up the campaign alone probably isnt worth it. Expand
  24. Nov 22, 2010
    The single-player campaign follows the story of a bunch of soldiers as they travel around the world on the hunt for a mythical weapon of mass destruction which absolutely must not fall into the hands of the Russians. It's a typical story of unlikely heroes as they attempt to save the world, and it will take you across a great variety of locations that range from frozen mountains to densely packed jungles.

Unfortunately, DICE still hasn't wowed us with its single-player design in Bad Company 2. Unforgivable bugs, linked to a weak trigger point system, cheapen a campaign that's far from brilliant in the first place - even without taking the bugs into account, Bad Company 2 still plays out unremarkably. Hopefully Bad Company 3 will make a strong campaign. (For once in the Battlefield series!)

But, for many, the campaign won't matter one bit. These people come for the multiplayer and that's where Bad Company 2 delivers. Here the destructible environments of the campaign take on a new meaning. Your target might be waiting inside a shack. An enemy squad may be using a tower as a spawning point. This can all change with just a few well placed explosives as you literally level the playing field. It adds an extra tier of strategy to the game as you struggle to work through extended fights, adapting your approach to the fight as the world around you crumbles.

Little squads can be created, making larger teams into strike forces which can each play a specific role. Then within that squad, players can choose between four load-out kits that range from the light machinegun toting medic to the SMG wielding specialist engineer. Each has its own weapons and unique tools that allow you to set yourself up as a small but integral part in the team's success. Teamwork is the key in this game so if your used to never playing with friends or sticking together with other players, you will die A LOT.

What impressed me the most with Bad Company 2 is how flexible the multiplayer game is. The class system allows you to choose what your approach to battle will be. It's the maps and modes that allow you to choose exactly what kind of game you want to play. There is a huge difference between the giant and extended team Rush games which is an attack and defend mode which plays out across expansive maps and features lots of vehicles -- and the tighter Squad Deathmatch games which can feel like there's an enemy around every corner. If you care for something in between, you can just hop into a Conquest game to try your hand at the classic Battlefield fight over specific areas controlled by raising and lowering flags.

In my view, Bad Company 2's online is the best around (Yes, BETTER than CoD and Halo) but has a weak campain so just misses out on 10!
  25. Nov 27, 2010
    This is the game to own if you like team work, and realism. Sure it has glitches, and time where you are ready to smash your TV, but there is nothing better than playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on hardcore on a rainy Sunday with a couple of friends. This game is 10x better than any Call of Duty, those games are for kids. This is a mans game
  26. Apr 11, 2011
    This game is great if you love good relaxing storyline and a intense Multilayer with a wide range of weapons and vehicles. by relaxing storyline, I mean you don't get frustrated that you died 2000 times.
  27. Jan 8, 2011
    Battlefield has always been a great set of games and Bad Company 2 is no exception. BFBC2's strength is in the online multiplayer game play across 5 game modes (you can download additional modes like "Vietnam" for more $$) & a good deal of unlock able weapons & gadgets. The single player campaign is worth a play through but you probably won't care about revisiting it. With EA constantly upgrading /updating the game & a loyal fan base, you will have a blast with Bad Company 2! Expand
  28. Jan 16, 2011
    Bad Company 2 truly blows the recent Call Of Duty games out of the water. It's realism, intensity and fast paced action online just make the best multiplayer experience I've ever had. In comparison, Modern Warfare1/2 lack realism, with GI's calling in harriers and gunships every 5 seconds and Commando Pro allowing infinite drop height. Another feature that makes Bad Company so spectacular online is the maps, of which there are many, and all are extremely well made. Destruction 2.0 also changes the way maps are played - if a house is full of snipers, knock it down. While the maps on Modern Warfare games are also well made, they are far too small, making real sniping impossible, and creating a pathetic and frustrating niche of 'quick scoping' and 'no scoping'. The campaign was great, though admittedly too short. It looked fantastic and played great, and with no set path and destructible buildings, every playthrough is different and intense. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2011
    If there's any game that deserves to be called one of the best shooters of 2010, it's this game. I'm tired of hearing about the extremely hyped up Call of Duty Black Ops, the game that I gave a 5, not a 10 or a 9, but a 5. If you want to know why I don't like Black Ops, read my review. In my opinion, Battlefield BC 2 is not hyped up enough. The experiences I had with this game far exceed Call of Duty. So with that said, let me explain the reasons why Battlefield BC 2 is superior to Black Ops. The game's multiplayer is actually pretty similar to Call of Duty, because it runs on a similar engine. However, unlike Black Ops, or any other COD game for that matter, Battlefield BC 2 actually adds MORE to it. That's called updating, Activision. You did a good job with GoldenEye, but not with COD, regardless of how popular the series is. Battlefield's multiplayer gives you everything that COD has, AND MORE! For example: you can't drive tanks in COD, you can't fly choppers in COD, you destroy buildings in COD, and it's easier to camp in COD. One thing I never liked about COD is anybody can play it, because it's so easy to play. You can camp in a corner the whole game, and be the MVP. In Battlefield BC 2, it's nearly impossible to camp since buildings and walls can be destroyed, exposing you. This means you'll actually have to run around the field and fight rather than just staying in one spot the whole time. Unless of course, you're a sniper, but it is more difficult to snipe in this game, but that's the magic of BBC2, it's challenging. The game is very realistic and chaotic in the multiplayer, the realism in this game far surpasses COD. Now I've never been a guy who cares about realism in video games, but when it comes to games that are trying to be a realistic warfare game, Battlefield delivers much better than COD does. My favorite things though, that BBC2 has that COD doesn't, are the vehicles. But much more importantly, it's not just tanks and four wheelers, but choppers too. You can put together teams on a vehicles and buff it up to start annihilating the other team. The chopper however, is the most fun. Imagine being in a chopper with your team and just covering up the whole ground with bullets. The other team hiding in doors so they can stay safe from you, but then you can just destroy the roof, and expose them. It gives you a much greater sense of accomplishment than getting a headshot in COD doesn't it? Another cool thing is the classes. The classes are almost as customizable as they are in a COD game, except you can choose a type of class that gives you special supportive abilities to help your team. Like Medic, who can heal or revive other players. Engineers, who can repair vehicles and other types of equipment. Recon, who are snipers, and can call air strikes to attack an enemy base. Or Assault, in which you can supply ammo to your allies, and better equipment for assaulting. But even if you're a medic, you can still do some great damage to the enemy team with light machine guns and grenades and vehicles. But the thing that makes the multiplayer superior to the COD multiplayer, is that it's much more like fighting in a real war than COD is. So the multiplayer in this game really shines, and is a whole lot of fun. My friends and I can't get enough of it. As far as the campaign goes, it's great. Best shooter campaign I've seen all year. The characters are very memorable, which is unusual for a shooter campaign, and the story is full of drama, action, and comedy. I have to admit, I havn't finished the campaign yet, but based on what I've played from it, it's really good. I'm almost finished with it though, pretty sure I have 2 more levels left befopre finishing it. And DLC? Tons and tons and tons of DLC. You'll be amazed by how much DLC it has. It has at least twice as much DLC, maybe even more, than any COD game. Lots of great maps and game modes, and unlike COD, this game actually requires skill. Overall, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a load of fun, and is a must buy if you are a big fan of shooters. Far better than COD Black Ops. Battlefield Bad Company 2 gets a 9/10, and is my choice for 2010 Best Multiplayer Game. Can't wait for Battlefield 3. :) Expand
  30. Oct 15, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece and it's the best FPS I am able to play at the moment on my Xbox. -Its realism is great. The only bad point is the necessity of sometimes have to empty an entire mag to defeat an enemy on multiplayer mode.
    -Its equipment kit - class system is original and foments team playing that's more realistic than being Rambo in such games like its main rival Call of Duty,
    and changes completely the view of the game.
    -Flawless graphics.

I can't wait for Battlefield 3.
  31. Mar 3, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the way sequels should be made. It looks like DICE has listened to the community with regards to the gripes of the original Bad Company and has, in return, delivered a near-perfect shooter. First of all, Bad Company 2 has been built on the Frostbite 1.5 engine. It's basically a modification of the previous engine, nonetheless, it delivers with sharper textures, improved lighting and shading. Then we come to the destructibility, which was not quite we hoped for in the original Bad Company. It came across as a marketing gimmick. In Bad Company 2,everything you see on screen can be destroyed, from buildings to trees. That is why the player is unable to open doors, just equip a grenade launcher and blow a hole through the wall. The gameplay remains more or less the same, collectibles return from the first game, and that's by no means a bad thing. I enjoyed exploring the maps and discovering new weapons to make use of in the campaign. This time around, the weapons feel more satisfying to fire, unlike the than those in the original Bad Company. The AI is definitely smarter, and will attempt to flank you now and then, this can lead to some challenging, yet immersive firefights. The single-player lasts about 6 hours on normal difficulty, which in my opinion, left me wanting more.However, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a highly polished shooter that has bettered the original in every way. The campaign is no more a throwaway, and is driven by an engrossing narrative. In terms of single player, it's more rewarding than it's Call Of Duty counterparts. Expand
  32. Mar 4, 2011
    The best FPS I have ever played. Destructible environments, HUGE maps and a large variety of weapons and attachments leads to a completely customizable experience. I would have rated a 10 but the game lacks a true cover mechanic (Like Rainbow Six Vegas games) and its hard to distinguish an enemy from a teammate (the name above the head takes too long to emerge). I have played over 750 hours on this game and keep coming back! Expand
  33. Mar 14, 2011
    One of the best games i have every played. The multi-player is superb and really has a team spirit that Call of Duty lacks. I hope there is a BC3 along with BF3. Keep up the good work Dice!
  34. Mar 19, 2011
    A "meh" campaign can hardly tarnish the incredible fun available online with Bad Company 2. The combination of tactical gameplay, destroyable environments, outstanding sounds, and group teamwork elevates Bad Company 2 into the category of elite online experiences found on the 360.
  35. Apr 7, 2011
    What has always separated Battlefield from other shooters is the shear size of the maps, speaking about multiplayer of course. One thing that has always irritated me was tiny small multiplayer maps with 12 people running around pumping as much lead at each other as possible. Its a cage match constantly, although does at some point require skill but no teamwork or real tactics are used. With Battlefield the multiplayer maps are huge allowing you to create a squad and use tactics and teamwork to defeat the enemy players. I love the huge maps did I say this already?....being able to snipe somebody at 1000 yards really interests me ya know? I have had a lot of holy sh*t and wow moments online with this game, its truly one of the finest online shooters I have ever played. The bullet trajectory is a really nice feature, most shooters you point your reticule on the target and shoot...well this game you actually have to adjust and make up for the distance as the bullet tumbles in order to burn your target. The over all feel of this game just fits from its destructible environments, to the vehicles and helicopters flying over head as you hide away in bushes or a blown up house. The single player campaign is descent, its kind of short and there are some pretty heavy moments in the campaign that can get somewhat frustrating on hard of course but no different then any other game. The real potential of this game is in the multiplayer, dedicated servers is a very nice addition to this game that alone is a plus. If your an fps fan and if you have not already played this game you really should because your missing out. Expand
  36. Oct 14, 2011
    Best FPS leading up to BF3. We all sank 500+ hours into it, and loved it. Slightly clunky controls, but more than makes up for this with audacious features in all departments. Infantry-centric with vehicles. Most fun for sniping in multiplayer of any shooter in history. Story that knew not to take itself too seriously. SkizDriz's game of the year 2010.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Superb game! By far the best simulated warfare game on the xbox360. COD got me playing on the 360, BFBC2 got me addicted to it! The Vietnam expansion was just superb. I hope if they make a BFBC3 they just iron out the odd niggle and change very little in terms of how it plays. Was always an RPG player in the main, but this game really enabled me to thoroughly enjoy the FPS! Bravo
  38. May 25, 2012
    best game ever. no competition. I use to be a cod fan boy till i took an arrow to the knee. but seriously i hated this game at first, because i was used to the fantasy physics and shooting in other shooters. I eventually adjusted and fell in love with this game. Also it has the best graphics for any game on console. If you play cod after this game, you will think you are in a cartoon. ALso this game requires the most tactics to be successful and survive and thrive. Im guessing NF123 never wins, do to her lack of understanding of way gameinformer says this is the most tactical game, because if you wanna win it is. you have to ensure your team doesn't have only mechanics or medics, you gotta have the right mix of mechanics, support, medics, and a few snipers. Just like in real life. imagine if armies were only snipers. whole wars could be fought in new york city, and it would just appear that the crime right has slightly gone up. Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2011
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a sequel to Battlefield:Bad Company, and while it retains the same characters as the first Bad Company, there's really no mention of the events of the first game. The game definitely takes a much more serious tone, but still retains some of the comedy you'd seen in the first game, it's just a lot less goofy, and there aren't any golf carts anymore. The campaign's much better than what you'd seen in the first game. It starts off pretty slow, but gets much better toward the end, but that being said, the campaign is still quite mediocre. Assuming you bought the game new, you'll also get a bunch of free maps right away, and if you get the Ultimate Edition, the Onslaught (Objective-based survival-y mode) and Battlefield 1943 (Arcade title) for free. While I didn't find Onslaught all that fun, the 1943 is pretty nice and even being an arcade title, uses the Frostbite engine, meaning destruction and great graphics (for a $10 game). The main attraction of course, being multi-player, is great. You're still limited to the 24 players, but that's still much better than 12. There are some key differences from Bad Company's multiplayer to Bad Company 2. There's no longer the five kits: Assault, Recon, Specialist, Demolition and Support. Bad Company 2 features Assault, Engineer, Medic and Recon. Assault is very similar to Bad Company's variation, still being equipped with assault rifles and grenade launchers, and can now lay down ammo for teammates to resupply. Engineers are the combination of Demolition and Specialists, being equipped with SMG's and Carbines, rocket launchers and repair tools. Medic is fairly similar to the Support class, being equipped with LMG's, but now specialize in reviving and healing teammates. Then there's Recon, who are mixes of Recon and Specialist, having scoped rifles, and sabotage equipment (mortar strikes, C4 and motion sensors). And shotguns are now integrated as weapons to be used on any kit, alongside the G3 and M14. This new system works well, simplifying the so everyone knows their role. Assaults focus on just killing people, engineers work with the vehicles, medics keep up spawn tickets by reviving and lay down heavy fire with LMG's, and Recon take down enemies at long ranges and sabotage the enemy with their explosive equipment. In terms of vehicles, there isn't much change, but there are now vehicle specs, which allow you to carry a unique ability or piece of equipment for your vehicle, such as a coaxial LMG, increased health or damage, deployable smoke or mobile motion sensor. Then there's the human specs, which give things like increased damage or health, and increased weapon accuracy. And then weapon specs which include sights/scopes, extra ammo, faster movement and special shotgun slugs. There's also plenty of weapons to choose from, about 5-7 per kit, plus pistols (There are no longer silenced pistols), which oddly, in Bad Company 1, not all kits were equipped with. And one big thing Bad Company didn't have (at least at launch) Conquest, the most popular Battlefield game mode wasn't even featured in Bad comapny 1 until after launch, not to mention the gamen ever even came to PC players. Gold Rush is now just Rush, with crates you must arm, destroy with heavy explosives or crush. And yes, you can now collapse almost every building on the map, rather than just blowing the walls in. There is also a smaller variant of Rush called Squad Rush with scales down the game to cope with only 8 players, and no vehicles, and then Squad Deathmatch which has 16 players fighting for kills in 4 squads, with a single vehicle thrown into the mix. One last thing, the controls don't suck anymore. They're actually practical. So is this game worth it, yes. Any shooter fan should give it a try. A lot of players turn a blind eye to the Battlefield series due to its intense learning curve, but if you give it a chance and continue playing it, I promise you you'll get better, and start to like it more. So, improved destruction, more weapons, player options and better controls, not to mention the campaign going a step up from terrible, to just about playable (and hey, who really buys Battlefield for the campaign, seriously?), this game is a huge improvement over Battlefield: Bad Company. You can probably find this game for $20 now, and maybe the Ultimate Edition for like $25-30, so if you like shooting games at all, and are scared of Frostbite 2, go pick up Bad Company 2. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    this is not awsome, but BF3 is better than Modern lolfare.
    also, nice gunplay ...
    in addition, BF: BC2 was so better. battlefiled: bad company 2 is one of the best games I have ever played mainly because of the game modes and maps, in the modern shooter genre.
  41. Dec 10, 2011
    Great war game. The multiplayer offers endless opportunities with 4 different classes, loads of maps and 4 gametypes. You will get addicted. The campaign is weak though.
  42. Jun 10, 2012
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 has something that Battlefield 3 didn't have, a great single player. Its a bit short but a hell of a lot of fun. And the multiplayer is as amazing as battlefield 3's. So if you are of getting Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3, Battlefield Bad Company is the game for you. Single player 8/10 Multiplayer 10/10 Battlefield Bad Company 2 9.1/10
  43. Aug 1, 2012
    The campaign is the only thing in this game that disappoints, but when you get to the multiplayer you will not be able to stop playing. Bad Company 2 is the best online FPS experience out there. You are basically thrown in a battle with complete freedom on what to do. Tanks, helicopters... you name it, only jets got taken out. The maps are huge especially if you are playing rush mode. Weapons aren't less player friendly, but more realistic. The sound effects are the best out there. The main game persists in teamwork, but if you want to do things on your own there is also a mode for that. Finally the best part of all... environmental destruction, all buildings, all walls, all trees even the ground isn't safe. But the bad things about Bad Company 2 are few improvements from the first Bad Company. Destruction improvements are less than promised and only the graphics are more improved. Tampering with the rush mode has made it more uninteresting than in the previous installment. In the campaign you are given less freedom than previously and your squad mates become completely useless. And worst of all Haggard doesn't act like Haggard at all.

If you play Modern Warfare please play other battlefields before Bad Company. It may come useful.
  44. Nov 17, 2012
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 proved to be really fun for me in the campaign and multiplayer in the campaign it had great story with rememberal characters with a good sense of humor that made the campaign more playable and the multiplayer with the new update in the frostbite engine not just made it fun but destructive and intense so in at least in my opinion one of the best FPS of all time.
  45. Nov 23, 2012
    Im not a fan boy but I love this game. This is the only shooter I really like, Dont care for COD, Halo or the other BC titles. This game is great. the online player base is pretty low these days but it dont stop me from enjoying the best shooter to date. IMO
  46. May 7, 2013
    the game made me ditch COD. Overall amazing MP experience. excellent Map Design, IMO, better than BF3. Like rush, what an addictic mode. BFBC2 and BF3 have a mature community than COD, (e.g, trash talk, cheaters) still happened in the game, but much much better than other online games. also, a game needs true corporation and teamwork, have a few friends, play with your clan, the game is a blessing. Expand
  47. Apr 19, 2013
    this review coming from a heavily seasoned battlefield players view, i love bad company 2! i have indeed played all of the battlefield games thankfully, and this one is my 3rd favrite! For battlefield veterans, you will defenitally love bad comapny 2!
  48. Jul 25, 2013
    this game is super fun and i recommend it. although it does have some issues, overall it's great. the single player was short and not very fun. but the multiplayer was great, particularly for its destruction.

1. Not content to settle for second place, DICE throws down the gauntlet with Bad Company 2, delivering its best multiplayer package since Battlefield 2 and a remarkably improved single-player campaign that openly mocks its rival while cribbing from them at the same time. [Issue#203, p.84]
  2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is one of the best shooters of this generation. The game has steel-solid mechanics, top gen graphics and an incredible multiplayer. Call of Duty has a new rival.
    Bad Company 2 as an online shooter is flexible and engaging, offering several features that the competition can only dream of. If you're looking for a more strategic and team-based change of pace, look no further. This is the game for you.