Battlestations: Pacific Xbox 360

7.4

1. Mar 19, 2012
    Boring, clumsy, and hard to grasp for new players in the genre. A good historical depiction, but the mechanics destroy the concept. The high reviews on this game astound me.
  2. MattBadley
    Jun 16, 2009
    I rated the game only this highly because of how nice the multiplayer is. In my opinion, Pacific not only fixed a few issues, like making the torpedo's faster so they would be harder to dodge, but created new ones. First of all, the level of detail into the maps was awesome, however, I liked the simplistic strategic map of Midway, which has become confusing and bulky in this one. OneI rated the game only this highly because of how nice the multiplayer is. In my opinion, Pacific not only fixed a few issues, like making the torpedo's faster so they would be harder to dodge, but created new ones. First of all, the level of detail into the maps was awesome, however, I liked the simplistic strategic map of Midway, which has become confusing and bulky in this one. One of the key errors the game designers made in the game was making the multiplayer able to 'spawn' ships at will based on supplies. It takes away from the strategic sense of the game and goes back to just who can put out more firepower faster to overwhelm the enemy, as what makes RTS games so boring. If you like single player more then multiplayer, or you loved Midway, this game could be for you, if not, don't bother. Expand

Battestations: Pacific might not blow many players away initially but look beyond the middling graphics and fairly simplistic presentation and you'll find a complex and rewarding experience that both strategy newcomers and genre experts with an itchy trigger finger can embrace.
  2. Battlestations Pacific is a really accessible and fun game, having the ability to play both the Japanese and American campaigns also adds to the overall value.
  3. What Battlestations Pacific delivers is something that is all too rare these days. This is a game that's fun and action-packed without treating the customer like a fool. The blend of realism and arcade fun is beautifully balanced - think of this as the warfare equivalent of Project Gotham Racing.