7.9

1. Aug 24, 2010
    This game just assaulted my senses on every level. The movement was jerky and annoying, the storyline was non-existent as far as I'm concerned, but the graphics were above average. It takes way more than a pretty face to get me to play a game, though, and this game just didn't deliver. I actually wanted to vomit after playing it for more than 30 minutes. That's never happened to me before...well, not from a game anyway. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    This game has awesome ideas and feels like a step up compared to other Devil May Cry-clones. Too bad it's sexist, stupid and has the worst story I've ever experienced. I was absolutely disgusted with the cut-scenes and felt like taking a shower when I turned it off. Never to play it again.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    Devastatingly frustrating with bad cameras and nearly impossible to defeat enemies that ruin any chance for this game to succeed to me. Only thing that stuck out to me were the nice use of some graphical capabilities.

4. Feb 23, 2013
    This game can be great but there are way too many annoying things, the camera angle is pure horrible, how can you make a game where you spent half your time fixing the camera angle so you can see the enermy? The boss are way too rediculous, it often feels like a lottery wether you win or not. the final boss was just stupid, with a one hit kill!! wtf is the point of that? the only wayt to escape is to go the panther form, but every now and then it will just return you to normal and thus killing you, just pure randomness wether you win or not. Expand
  5. Jun 18, 2014
    Worst game I have played in my life.
    Its like DmC with a lot of bronze powder.

The story is a bad joke, making have hard to stay playing this game after some hours.
  6. Jun 28, 2014
    Bayonetta stoops to the lowest common denominator. The character is empty and the plot even more shallow. A "Witch" who's only power is a hair suit that reveals **** and ass when she goes into beast mode. The game is a rip off of a far superior game in the genre "Devil May Cry". There is even an "Auto play" button for those too lazy to play. Who ever made this game needs to grow out their hair and hang them selves with it. Expand

1. A game that exemplifies so much of what commentators claim has died in the Japanese game industry. A blast of creative brilliance, both technically accomplished, strategically deep and infused with rare imagination, Bayonetta represents the pinnacle of its chosen niche. [JPN Import]
  2. A beautiful and graceful fighting game that lets imagination loose, and winks before slapping Dante, Kratos and every other hero back to the drawing board. [Christmas 2009, p.90]
  3. Astonishingly, every one of these dazzling battles is thrilling without overstaying its welcome - and also challenges you without being cheap. [Jan 2009, p.66]