Bayonetta Xbox 360

8.0

1. Nov 19, 2016
    Bayonetta is a great spectacle-fighter.

Bayonetta is a great spectacle-fighter.

The gameplay is great,with a deep and satisfying combat system with over 100 combos to learn.The game is also extremely challenging,so expect to die a lot.However,if you die 3 times,you must restart the chapter (level) from the beginning.I don't like this system,as you can get a lot of cheap deaths on QTE's,which brings me to the other flaw in the gameplay,which is the over-reliance on QTE's,which ruins some of the game to be honest.Level design is superb though.

The graphics are great,and the framerate never drops through all the carnage going on.

The sound design is mediocre though,and the soundtrack is awful.

However,Bayonetta is an awesome game that is well worth checking out.
  2. Nov 6, 2016
    Aside from the story being **** crazy, in your first playthrough, normal mode is going to feel like it should be called hard mode and you'll encounter enemies that you think have balancing issues. For an older game, it puts to shame a lot of triple A games released in the year of 2016 because of the replay ability, not requiring a consistent internet connection, and you're not beingAside from the story being **** crazy, in your first playthrough, normal mode is going to feel like it should be called hard mode and you'll encounter enemies that you think have balancing issues. For an older game, it puts to shame a lot of triple A games released in the year of 2016 because of the replay ability, not requiring a consistent internet connection, and you're not being consistently nickel & dimed (microtransactions) for a new weapon or costume.

On the note of the story again, the protagonist, Bayonetta, is likable & memorable, as well as supporting characters like Luka, Jeanne, and Rodin.

In other words, you're going to have a tough time in your first playthrough if you're on normal mode, but that should incentivize you to get better and unlock new items you missed. And you won't be nickel & dimed once for those items. The story might be crazy, but the cast is pretty memorable. I've yet to get a Wii U and experience the second game.
  3. Jul 10, 2016
    I want tell you this game's bad thing. First, the difficulty. this game's 'normal' difficulty is 'hard' difficulty in other games. i really wanted to play game between normal and easy difficulty. easy difficulty is too easy. even there exist very easy mode. 'easy' mode can clear with only button attack. Second, there is no practice mode. i didn't know the combo until see ending.
  4. Apr 14, 2016
    very charismatic character and with personality. The game is quite active scenarios are cool. In addition you have a good list of moves. This very well but there Ninja gaiden this bayonetta knows very little.
  5. Nov 10, 2015
    An absolute masterpiece, it has everything you want in a videogame. It has length, content, game-play, grapics, 60 fps. but the long pencil legs that bayonetta has are laughable, as well as her tiny head
  6. Jul 5, 2015
    The graphics are very good, I'll grant you that. The story and game play however are just boring after a very short period of playing. I was scratching my head the first half hour trying to work out what the game is about because I was looking for depth that wasn't there. Mostly a button masher at normal difficulty. I don't understand the over the top ratings this game got. The cut scenesThe graphics are very good, I'll grant you that. The story and game play however are just boring after a very short period of playing. I was scratching my head the first half hour trying to work out what the game is about because I was looking for depth that wasn't there. Mostly a button masher at normal difficulty. I don't understand the over the top ratings this game got. The cut scenes are way too long and boring. I don't think I'm likely to finish it. Expand
  7. Mar 21, 2015
    The director of the original Devil May Cry, Hideki Kamiya brings us another satisfying action game. The mix of ranged and melee combat brings back nostalgic memories of the PS2's demon hunter Dante. But don't just expect a Devil May Cry game under a different. Bayonetta has a personality and flair to combat all her own.

Platinum Games tries to add a little sexy to death with their

Platinum Games tries to add a little sexy to death with their heroine. The results are a little uncomfortable. The rampant over-sexualization of the character actually made me dislike her a bit. The amount of suggestive poses and brief flashes of nudity gets out of hand at times. It tries to approach with some humor and a tongue-in-cheek tone, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still inappropriate. Bayonetta will be empowering women one minute only to keep them objectified the next.

Luckily though it doesn't affect the mostly excellent gameplay. There is plenty of diversity to how you can approach combat. Different weapons can be combined on either Bayonetta's hands or feet. The simple act of changing where you equip a weapon changes your overall combat style and how combos will react. It's pretty brilliant. Enemy variety is also appreciated as they all have their distinctive qualities and require different approaches. A few boss battles make too many reappearances, but it's not a huge issue. There is a healthy challenge to this game. A few camera issues get in the way, but it's not a huge deal.

It's also got some length behind and plenty of reasons to return thanks to unlockables. Higher difficulties will keep those looking for a real fight coming back. The length though is kind of an issue. It's nice that it's not a few hour romp, but it's clear that some sections go on for too long at times. There is some pretty obvious padding that causes the game to overstay it's welcome by just a little bit.

However none of it's minor issues destroy this great action game. It's a spiritual successor that expands on a great series. They did go a bit overboard sexing up the title character and some segments go on for too long, but none of that changed the fact that I was having a blast with the great combat. Those who love their action games should check this one out.
  8. Jun 28, 2014
    Bayonetta stoops to the lowest common denominator. The character is empty and the plot even more shallow. A "Witch" who's only power is a hair suit that reveals **** and ass when she goes into beast mode. The game is a rip off of a far superior game in the genre "Devil May Cry". There is even an "Auto play" button for those too lazy to play. Who ever made this game needs to grow out theirBayonetta stoops to the lowest common denominator. The character is empty and the plot even more shallow. A "Witch" who's only power is a hair suit that reveals **** and ass when she goes into beast mode. The game is a rip off of a far superior game in the genre "Devil May Cry". There is even an "Auto play" button for those too lazy to play. Who ever made this game needs to grow out their hair and hang them selves with it. Expand
  9. Jun 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant game it's what drove me to get the 360 nearly four years ago and will probably make me get the Wii U when the second one is due later this year. I know the plot does not make sense and that's accepted as a fact it makes no sense at all in some places but given the insane combat and sheer fluid way in which you take it on you can forgive the plot being a bit ropey.

Also have to say I love the voice acting it's flawless and extremely funny and you spend a lot of time seeing that the game is indeed taking the proverbial out of it's self and also to some degree pointing fingers at the sexism that is all to often in the games industry as well. I loved Bayonetta for that she's a strong lead character who comes off as cold and uncaring but by the end you realize she's not such a ice queen as she makes out. All 10 from me.
  10. Jun 18, 2014
    Worst game I have played in my life.
    Its like DmC with a lot of bronze powder.

The story is a bad joke, making have hard to stay playing this game after some hours.
  11. Jan 8, 2014
    One of the best hack n slash games of the 7th gen (alongside Rising). This game has high-octane action, an extremely memorable protagonist, a great soundtrack, great depth in its action and some funny liners here and there. The game's story is a little meh and the replay ability is ok, but not as good as say, Rising. Even though i prefer Rising over Bayonetta, it's still a recommend actionOne of the best hack n slash games of the 7th gen (alongside Rising). This game has high-octane action, an extremely memorable protagonist, a great soundtrack, great depth in its action and some funny liners here and there. The game's story is a little meh and the replay ability is ok, but not as good as say, Rising. Even though i prefer Rising over Bayonetta, it's still a recommend action game for anyone to try out. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

13. Nov 3, 2013
    Bayonetta is one of the most suprising games ever made! I didn't expect much, but the fun you get from it: the laughs and cries, it's all pure gold! I rarely enjoy this kind of games but Bayonetta made me like this genre more. It looks good, it feels good and the storyline is funny but serious in the same time... weird game in brilliant package!
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    this game is better than god of war
    but its not as good as devil may cry
    bayonetta is one the hotest girl on videogame
    bayonetta has a good gameplay, good graphics
    its a fun game.
  15. Jul 11, 2013
    Bayonetta

Developer: Platinum Games Publisher: SEGA Platform: Xbox 360 Genre(s): Action, Hack and Slash Release Date: January 5, 2010 "Bayonetta took me by complete surprise. Upon first glance my impression of this game was that it was going to be another poorly done Devil May Cry knock-off. However what exists here is one of the most bizarre and yet fun experiences that I have
    Bayonetta

Developer: Platinum Games
    Publisher: SEGA
    Platform: Xbox 360
    Genre(s): Action, Hack and Slash
    Release Date: January 5, 2010

"Bayonetta took me by complete surprise. Upon first glance my impression of this game was that it was going to be another poorly done Devil May Cry knock-off. However what exists here is one of the most bizarre and yet fun experiences that I have ever had in my my 19 years as a gamer.

First off the game is a joy to behold it is undeniably pleasing to watch in awe as Bayonetta dispatches her foes in her sleek, sexy, and alluring manner. The combat is absolutely addicting and fun as hell. Using her magic hair and quad guns is absolutely more fun than I ever had with Dante or Ryu Hayabusa. And Bayonetta herself is also wonderful. Obviously as a male gamer I have to get this out of the way. Bayonetta is by far the sexiest character ever to be in a hack and slash. Her sexually suggestive poses and taunts never got old and everytime she'd use a special attack with her hair I practically drooled like a retard. However, sex and nudity doesn't make a good game. It can add flavor to it however. Which Bayonetta pulls off beautifully.

The appearance, audio, and gameplay in Bayonetta is all wonderful and masterfully well done. The Xbox 360 version is obviously superior to its Playstation 3 counterpart with shorter loud times and crisper looks. However Bayonetta is not without it's faults.

While Bayonetta's cutscenes are very wonderfully well done, sometimes instead of these the game will use still models of the characters to help further the story and narative. I personally hate still models. Why couldn't the game just have these very well done cutscenes all the way through? Budget trouble or trying to reach a deadline perhaps I don't know but it did pull me out of the experience a little bit. Also to be mentioned while the core of Bayonetta is rather interesting in a way, the story is nothing great or really anything new to be honest. If you are expecting a deep and immersive story with real emotion, keep walking. To play Bayonetta for it's story is like reading Hustler for the articles. Yeah they're ok, but that's not what the product is about.

Bayonetta's strong point is of course is in it's combat which is very easy to grasp and has an incredible amount of depth. The controls fluid and soon you'll be killing angels like a master, which will come in handy in Bayonetta's boss battles. Some of the foes Bayonetta will face are enormous and are fun in an absurd and over the top kind of way, and Bayonetta's final blows on these enemies are always a pleasing sight to behold.

In conclusion Bayonetta is a game that will win you over with it's over the top gameplay, likeable heroine, and beautiful audio. At first thought by me to be a knock-off of Devil May Cry, now I think it just might be better than my old friend Dante."

So in conclusion...

-Lackluster Story
    -Still Models

Silver Seal of Recommendation
  16. Jun 24, 2013
    I've played many action/hack and slash games, everything from Devil May Cry to God of War to No More Heroes to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. While all of those games are amazing, none of them match the brilliance of Bayonetta. Essentially what I'm saying here is that Bayonetta is the best action game I've ever played.

From a graphical standpoint, this game does not disappoint. The

From a graphical standpoint, this game does not disappoint. The graphics are amazing, with outstanding enemy designs and ridiculous set pieces. The only issue is that there is frequent screen tearing which only happens in between fights. It's not much of an issue, just a noticeable flaw.
    The music too is excellent. For some reason, the mix of intense action and J-pop works very well. The best part of the sound track is a remake of Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon" as a j-pop song.

The actions in Bayonetta is on a whole other level. Every weapon allows for a large variety of of combos, and every combination of items between the hands and feet of Bayonetta allows for even more combos. Simply put, there are a lot of possibilities to work with. The best mechanic of the game is Witch Time, which is a slow motion mechanic that is activated with every split second dodge. The actions is perfect. Even better is the fact that the game encourages replay ability, adding to the already 10 hour length of the campaign.

The main issue that people seem to have with this game is the story. The point of the story is not to have players on the edge of their seats with suspense, but rather to provide context for the ridiculous set pieces and fights that ensue.

All in all, this game is damn near perfection. Every action fan should pick it up, considering it's only $20 these days.

9.8/10
  17. Jun 18, 2013
    Devastatingly frustrating with bad cameras and nearly impossible to defeat enemies that ruin any chance for this game to succeed to me. Only thing that stuck out to me were the nice use of some graphical capabilities.

18. Jun 8, 2013
    Following a long war between the Lumen Sages and Umbra Witches only one witch, Bayonetta, remains thus causing a terrible imbalance in the universe. Alone in the world Bayonetta sets out to find the truth behind the events that unfolded only to find herself faced with angelic hordes intent on killing her.

Created by Hideki Kamiya, the man behind Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe,

Created by Hideki Kamiya, the man behind Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta delivers a fantastically over the top third person action game. Most importantly the fighting mechanics are arguably the best of any video game this generation. It is at once easy to grasp for beginners yet deep enough to encourage players to experiment. As expected the face buttons allow the player to kick, punch and fire Bayonetta's hand guns. The real key however is the ability to enter a 'bullet (Witch) time' mode by holding the right trigger just before an enemy lands an attack. This allows the player to give themselves some breathing space or land damage on tougher enemies. As well as many types of regular enemy Bayonetta also features its share of boss fights and virtually every one makes for a fantastic spectacle. Many are simply gargantuan is size and often require a bit of brain as well as brawn to defeat.

Bayonetta herself makes for a fantastic lead character managing to be sexy, calm and confident all at the same time and is a joy to watch even during cut scenes.

All in all this is a fantastic action game that aside from a slightly confusing story line does very little wrong. A must buy.
  19. Apr 7, 2013
    If you like the combat of hack and slash games such as DMC, DmC, Ninja Gaiden, God of War or Dante's inferno.You should try this game.

The story and characters at first is very annoying however as the game progresses it becomes more and more interesting and it even has a twisted ending that you would never guess and you grow to love the silly characters. The game itself it's very

The game itself it's very japanese(not in a kawaii style more like Viewtiful Joe) and if you don't like that style you are probably going to hate it. Also the tone is very girly (things like lipsticks, butterfly wings, violet and pink colors) however if you really don't mind the combination of gore with girly colors that's not a problem.
    The music it's awesome with many mixtures classic games music (like space harrier), jazz, upbeat techno, classical, etc.. and it's mostly awesome.
    The gameplay is the central piece of this game. The game is so fast and with such an awesome control over Bayonetta that you would feel it natural after a couple of hours. Also the levels are well designed and very different one from each other.After some days of bayonetta I returned to Dmc 3 and 4 and it was so slow and clumsy in comparison that I comeback to this game.
    The boss fights are epic as they can with huge with gargantuans as big as cities fighting against you.

In conclusion, if you don't mind an over the top mixture of ridiculous history (like in DMC) and some girly tone and you are looking for an awesome combat gameplay and level design go for it.

Notes:
    If you are the super serious masculine type of gamer that plays god of war, manhunt and hates japanese nonsense just play the game in mute, skip the cutscenes and put some metal music or something. The combat is so deep and fast paced that you won't mind after a while.Plus there is a lot of gore.

If you played the demo and didn't like it give it a chance anyways I played it too and hate it but as it was a good reviewed hack n slash I bought it in a sale.Now I love it the demo is just so misleading to the actual gameplay due to the fact that the awesomeness of the combat starts to show after and hour or two in the game.
  20. Mar 29, 2013
    Really a fantastic game. Great combat, brilliant visuals and interesting story. Granted, it is a blatant Devil May Cry clone, but an extremely good one and it does do enough of its own thing to be considered original. The visuals in the game are just remarkable and truly quite original (or at least creatively used if I'm wrong.) The gameplay is just non-stop fun and can be as simple orReally a fantastic game. Great combat, brilliant visuals and interesting story. Granted, it is a blatant Devil May Cry clone, but an extremely good one and it does do enough of its own thing to be considered original. The visuals in the game are just remarkable and truly quite original (or at least creatively used if I'm wrong.) The gameplay is just non-stop fun and can be as simple or complex as you want, with a very reasonable learning curve. My only gripe with this game would be the lack of real character development for most of the side characters. Aside from Bayonetta and Jeanne, the rest of the cast seem very underdone and given little depth. Overall: Bayonetta is just a great game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Expand
  21. Mar 12, 2013
    I know I'm just some dude on the Internet, but you've got to believe me when I say that Bayonetta is the finest action game of the generation and one of the defining games of the genre, Period. If you love action games like DMC or Ninja Gaiden, prepare to have your mind blown by this incredible game!
  22. Feb 23, 2013
    This game can be great but there are way too many annoying things, the camera angle is pure horrible, how can you make a game where you spent half your time fixing the camera angle so you can see the enermy? The boss are way too rediculous, it often feels like a lottery wether you win or not. the final boss was just stupid, with a one hit kill!! wtf is the point of that? the only wayt toThis game can be great but there are way too many annoying things, the camera angle is pure horrible, how can you make a game where you spent half your time fixing the camera angle so you can see the enermy? The boss are way too rediculous, it often feels like a lottery wether you win or not. the final boss was just stupid, with a one hit kill!! wtf is the point of that? the only wayt to escape is to go the panther form, but every now and then it will just return you to normal and thus killing you, just pure randomness wether you win or not. Expand
  23. Feb 20, 2013
    I've owned this game three times from launch. I've gone from hating to loving it, and back and forth. It's taken years for me to be able to say this: Bayonetta is without a doubt the best 3rd person action game ever made. It has nowhere near the scope of God of War, my other favorite, but the wide open creative gameplay just can't be beat.
  24. Jan 16, 2013
    This is realy great game but to bad that there is no PC verion of this game (:
    The combat system is great the whole game is amazing but this game is not better then Devil May Cry 4 (:
  25. Jan 15, 2013
    Okay so to start off, I thought Bayonetta looked alright, but wasn't sure how it would play. Turns out it's Devil May Cry but with guns on your feet and dragons made out of hair. There is very little that is wrong with this game, in fact it is one of the finest I have ever played.

The point of this game is the same as Devil May Cry - kill everything, and do so whilst jumping around the screen or teleporting, jumping off enemies' heads, and avoiding getting hit by all the hundreds of projectiles or diving attacks from the enemies that surround you. There is also a story but I don't care.

You can assign one set of weapons to Bayonetta's hands, and one set to her feet (some weapons can be assigned to both, others are unique like the sword and iceskates). As well as this, you can have an alternative set of weapons on your hands and feet, which you can switch between whenever you want. So you have access to 2 sets of hand weapons, and 2 sets of feet weapons. Pressing the punch or kick buttons in sequences with or without pauses create different combos, and each set of weapons on her hands and feet work together for different combos. Most attacks and combos however do follow a pattern, but there are also unique attacks for each weapon, and sometimes unique attacks for a particular set of weapons. Basically, the amount of variety available here is astonishing when you consider that there are eight weapons to combine together.

As you fight and taunt enemies, you fill a magic gauge which can be used for a number of things. First of all you can use a small amout for "wicked weave" attacks, which are giant hands or feet you can summon to smash enemies for high damage, knock them out of the way, and hit crowds of enemies at a time. You can also use special abilities like teleportation for small amounts of magic per use. The main use of the magic gauge is to perform torture attacks. To do this your magic gauge must be full, and then you can use it to do very high damage to a particular enemy. Your magic gauge will go down if you get hit, so you are rewarded for playing perfectly without taking damage. In addition, if you kill an enemy with a torture attack you can take their weapon - and these weapons can be used a limited amount of times to cause further high damage.

There are many types of enemies to face off against, and each have a range of attacks and projectiles. Some enemy classes can carry different weapons, which really makes them a whole different class of enemies as they have different attacks. Bayonetta is also one of the few games that has genuinely interesting boss fights. Admitedly, not all of them are so good, but most are pretty extreme, and most importantly, can be beaten without taking damage, once you are an expert.

The reason why Bayonetta works is because everything is fair. It's a very, very hard game, that's for sure. But along with every enemy attack, there is a sound effect or visual clue to tell you what is about to happen. Things are not just happening out of the blue with no way to react. There is a lot of information to take in, but if you are able to keep track of the entire battle and learn the clues that lead to each enemy attack, then you can fight aggressively, non-stop, whilst also being able to evade.

This leads me to the genius that is the dodge-offset. You can perform a backflip at any time, which gives you a split second of invulnerability. This works as a standard dodge for all occassions, but if you time it exactly as an enemy attack reaches you, then you are rewarded with "witch time" (slow motion) for a few moments to get payback. In pretty much all other fighting games of this kind, if you are on the offensive, and then a projectile comes your way, you have to cancel your attack, and evade. Bayonetta introduces the dodge-offset, which allows you to hold down the button of your last attack, then press the evade button, then continue from the middle of your previous combo. After a little practice, it becomes apparent that the developers of Bayonetta are geniuses, and all other games are not worth playing because of this.

You can replay each mission to try to earn medals, based upon time, damage taken, inventory items used, and combo points earned. This is the real challenge, aiming for perfection. Just surviving the game on each difficulty is hard enough, but living up to what the designers consider to be perfection is a whole different level of difficulty. It's up to you how serious you're going to take this game. I guess you can just get through it and enjoy it on some shallow level. But if you put the time in, you can achieve so much more, and experiment with what all the weapons and items have to offer.
  26. Dec 17, 2012
    This is one of the best games that I played in my life, I dont understand the bad critics about Bayonetta, maybe this guys wants attention
  27. Nov 30, 2012
    This game is serious stuff. This is the best action game I've ever played in my entire life. It's funny as hell, hectic, challenging and above all COOL. There are very very few games that I would give a 10, but Bayonetta is completely flawless.
  28. Oct 14, 2012
    Bayonetta has great combat mechanics, but it fails on fun.

Bayonetta has great combat mechanics, but it fails on fun.

This game is all over the place and could have been much better if the designers had followed typical game design with character building. Bayonetta doesn't give a lot of explanation on how to actually play the game and instead leaves it up to the player. The problem is that there's a ton to learn and you're expected to know it from the beginning. Bayonetta contains a hidden challenge level called "Alfheim" in each chapter. It would have been the perfect place for gameplay instructions and letting players hone their skills. Instead, when in these hidden levels you're told what to do (ex. kill 30 enemies while remaining airborn) but never how to do it.

There's a lot of trial and error that occurs when playing and it often left me wondering what I was doing wrong. This is consistent throughout the entire game. Health and magic could have added a lot more depth to the game were it not so flawed. You're never encouraged to use these power ups and a lot of frustrating trial and error moments could be avoided had these abilities been explained.

Enemy devouring torture attacks are often triggered at random moments and only target one specific enemy. It would have been nice if there was a meter that built up and you could determine when to use it, rather than the game doing it for you.

Pacing is another problem. Cut-scenes are long and plentiful. It's baffling that there are also so many tablets hidden throughout the world that tell the back story. These items would have been the perfect opportunity to offer power ups or other rewards, give players a sense of progression or even explain combos or other gameplay mechanics. Instead, these tablets often retread the same themes that were given in the cut-scene.

Lastly, are the controls themselves. For some reason, the ability to lock on and charge at enemies was mapped to the RB/R1 button instead of LT/L2. The problem is that dodging is mapped to RT/R2. LT/L2 switches your weapons out and to me it seems like they should have swapped these two features. Remapping the face buttons would have been nice too.

Overall, the game is a disappointment. I think the basic premise of the combat system and witch time is great, but the game fails on so many other levels that I had more fun with games like Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and Metroid: Other M.
  29. Sep 28, 2012
    High-class next gen game. Runs at 60 FPS. Satisfying combat, visuals, feel and sound. Tough to put down and delivers the shiver up the spine. Usually can trust the reviews of professionals. That is why they are hired for what they do. It has a lot of reasons to keep playing it after you beat it the first time. Unlockables and progressive mastering of techniques and all very rewardingHigh-class next gen game. Runs at 60 FPS. Satisfying combat, visuals, feel and sound. Tough to put down and delivers the shiver up the spine. Usually can trust the reviews of professionals. That is why they are hired for what they do. It has a lot of reasons to keep playing it after you beat it the first time. Unlockables and progressive mastering of techniques and all very rewarding experience for a single player video game. Just can't give anything a ten though unless it completely floors. This comes close as far as action games are concerned. Expand
  30. Sep 17, 2012
    This review is a response to the recent announcement of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. I have to admit, the first one was the main reason I bought the XBOX 360. It's a great game done by former members of CLOVER STUDIOS of CAPCOM...wow. Great graphics, superb controls and overall high production values made this an instant classic. The bad thing was that SEGA, its original publisher was inThis review is a response to the recent announcement of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U. I have to admit, the first one was the main reason I bought the XBOX 360. It's a great game done by former members of CLOVER STUDIOS of CAPCOM...wow. Great graphics, superb controls and overall high production values made this an instant classic. The bad thing was that SEGA, its original publisher was in financial trouble and 'cancelled' this title. Nintendo ended up picking the tab and was 'attacked' by 'fan boys' for making it exclusive to the Wii U. I think these fan boys are over-reacting a bit. I owned a Wii as well and let me tell you, despite its 'outdated' graphics, it hosted some of the most innovative games of this generation. The Wonderful 101, which PG developed for the Wii U exclusively looked great. So will Bayonetta 2...Having Platinum Games developed it for the Wii U will only make it better. Expand
  31. Aug 30, 2012
    This has been the game I've played two summers ago, and I can say it's a great game! It's difficult to play, but controls are easy and quick to learn, the graphics are not the best you can find in a XBox 360 game, but there's great a style that makes it good to watch.
  32. Jul 5, 2012
    nice game really good sexy looking chicks action is cool but has same feeling as DMC but none the less the Cut scene really funny great some got good action and all

but overall it game that cure your boredom
  33. Jun 20, 2012
    We've seen a lot of super male character in almost every game, and this is one of the rare games that has woman as its own main character. Beat up and kick ass enemy's face is extremely fun, and nearly flawless colourful graphics and performance. If you love this category, you should have it and enjoy! Warning: Do not purchase the PS3 version, or you'll suffer one of the worst port of all time
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    One of the most amazing games of this generation, Bayonetta is distilled essence of what other games would love to be.

The biggest selling point, of course, is the combat. Bayonetta is given a huge variety of weapons and combos she can use in combat to battle her way through. Combos are similar, but can change in interesting ways between weapons, and almost all can excel in some situations. Which time is a fun mechanic that rewards you for timing your dodges instead of mashing them out, and the enemy AI is varied enough to reward you for carefully selecting strategies for each.

Another great thing about this game is the unlockables, the game is FULL of them. While there are a few that will be all but impossible for the most dedicated of players to get, there are plenty of costumes, extra weapons, items, and accessories that will drive you to keep playing.

I would love to give this game a perfect 10, but you do need some minor deductions for the ridiculous story, which while fun, will leave you scratching your head for a while, and doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

Still, overall this is one of the best games of this console generation, and anyone who thinks they might be interested in this genre deserves to pick up this game.
  35. Jun 10, 2012
    Best shasher Game ever. Bayonetta beat DMC, Ninja Gaiden and God Of War! Great game design, lot of funny dialogs and animations. If You like slashers - bui It - you dont sell this game to fast!
  36. May 5, 2012
    Bayonetta is a beautiful cinematic game with almost no flaws. Definitely one of the greatest action games out, possibly one of the greatest ever. The best an action game can get.
  37. Apr 25, 2012
    Probably one of the best action games of this generation of consoles and the reasons are simple: 1) the action is extremely fast but it still can make you think on your actions, alternating dodges in order to activate the witch time (a slow-mo) and strong flurries of attacks in order to kill your enemies while they're slowed down, without mentioning the execution skills 2) There is a vastProbably one of the best action games of this generation of consoles and the reasons are simple: 1) the action is extremely fast but it still can make you think on your actions, alternating dodges in order to activate the witch time (a slow-mo) and strong flurries of attacks in order to kill your enemies while they're slowed down, without mentioning the execution skills 2) There is a vast amount of weapons that can be attached to both your hands and legs, each with their own skill list and both usable together wth one button (Y for the hands, B for the legs). And guns are used with the X button. 3) The game has a huge amount of unlockables and really encourages you to replay the game more and more, in order to find secret "verses" (the combat sections), the weapons, costumes, anything, so the longevity in the game is also great, and so far I've spent over 40 hours of gameplay. And I still gotta play with Jeanne! With that much praise said to this game, why a 9? Simple, it always slows down on moments of mass fighting, halving the frames in those moments and can really frustrate you sometimes. Although it's not game breaking of course, but in a game based on pure action and fast combats, these slow downs are just unforgivable. And yes, the plot is kinda "horrible" but I didn't really hate it, and besides the action was more than enough to fix this flaw, and the cutscenes were really funny to watch, so not a big flaw in my opinion. That's all I can say really: one big flaw, one point less to perfection, but this game still rocks and I highly suggest to give it a try. Expand
  38. Mar 20, 2012
    One of the best games ever i have played. Heavy gameplay, nice graphics, sexy woman..;)
    I love this game and waiting for chapter 2. This game is for all fans of DMC.
  39. Mar 12, 2012
    THE BEST GAME EVER!!!! Bayonetta is a new incredible saga, with an interesting story, great gamepelay, this is one of my favorite titles. Bayonetta is a classic.
  40. Feb 18, 2012
    Bayonetta's combat, presentation and style are all excellent. Battles are frantic but never messy, with an insane amount of combos and special attacks even if you will probably end up button mashing. The boss fights are ridiculous and spectacular and must be seen to be believed. Every enemy is carefully designed and is testament to the amount of work that has been put into making thisBayonetta's combat, presentation and style are all excellent. Battles are frantic but never messy, with an insane amount of combos and special attacks even if you will probably end up button mashing. The boss fights are ridiculous and spectacular and must be seen to be believed. Every enemy is carefully designed and is testament to the amount of work that has been put into making this game. Now for the bad stuff. Bayonetta's story manages to be too simple and overly complex at the same time. Most of the time you don't where you are going or for what reason. Bayonetta as a character is irritating. Her relentless arrogance, the sexualization of pretty much everything she does and the half-hearted attempts at developing her character make her just plain unlikeable. The supporting cast are one-dimensional and the writing can be absurd. If you go into Bayonetta solely for its high-octane action, you won't be disappointed but don't expect much more. Expand
  41. Feb 13, 2012
    No way does this game deserve a 90, I think I agree with those that say many of the 10's are fake. technically its not a horrible game, the makers didn't go a bad job programing the game but the game itself is the same Japanese crap they have been regurgitating for 30 years. Minus the high heel shoe guns which are stupid by the way the main character could not be more less original, hotNo way does this game deserve a 90, I think I agree with those that say many of the 10's are fake. technically its not a horrible game, the makers didn't go a bad job programing the game but the game itself is the same Japanese crap they have been regurgitating for 30 years. Minus the high heel shoe guns which are stupid by the way the main character could not be more less original, hot bad ass girl that's really smart and tough... wow you really have a skill for creating interesting characters. Although I think most of the 10s are fake I think I am giving it a fair review and not giving it an anger 0 Expand
  42. Feb 3, 2012
    Amazing, inspirational game! The story line is captivating and funny. Bayonetta's skills and personality all around are amazing, plus she's very sexy. The combos are creative. It's more of a "Devil-May-Cry" styled game. The cliche' good vs bad plot was taken into a bit of unoriginal and created into it's own. The graphics are great. I think it's safe to say that this is one of my favorite games.
  43. Jan 28, 2012
    This is a wild ride, folks. I'll keep this short because let's be honest, there really isn't much to say about this type of game. Is the combat fun? Yes. Does the combat work well and respond to your commands promptly? Oh God yes. Does the game give you the feeling of being a complete and total Bada$$? Holy poop yes! Does the story make much sense? Well no. And it is quiteThis is a wild ride, folks. I'll keep this short because let's be honest, there really isn't much to say about this type of game. Is the combat fun? Yes. Does the combat work well and respond to your commands promptly? Oh God yes. Does the game give you the feeling of being a complete and total Bada$$? Holy poop yes! Does the story make much sense? Well no. And it is quite blasphemous to the Christian religion. If that doesn't bother you then cool, you can overlook it. There are little upgrades here and there, and you can get new weapons both from enemies and from an in game shop. Multiple difficulty levels make this accessible to the clumsier-fingered types. All in all I had a great time with this game and would definitely recommend it to anyone that loves the fast action beat em up type games. Expand
  44. Dec 17, 2011
    This game was just plain, simple FUN. OLD SCHOOL FUN! It was a blast. Creative, inventive and immaginative (is that a word?) whatever....it was awesome!
  45. Dec 8, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant and a real action Masterpiece. Games of this high a quality are a rarity these days and with Dante as good as dead, we now look to Bayonetta to carry the torch.
  46. Nov 27, 2011
    This is what a lot of other action game should be. Funny, attractive, endless cutscenes and new stuff to do. You never get bored. The story keep you moving. It's just amazing. It deserves a 10 but the downside is that it's just too short. Should have more levels there. The replay is awesome though.
  47. Nov 6, 2011
    Look at the graphics bam boom whoosh the music, the combat, the combos holy **** this game is amazing! Play it, goddamn it! The real DMC sequel, and one of the finest games on the 360. Get it.
  48. Oct 27, 2011
    Insanely fast action game with horrible japanime music. That is the summary of the gameplay. The story of going to Paradiso to reset the balance of light and dark kept me playing it to the end. There is a lot of room for skill to be used here, it all happens so fast and there are side-challenges that will pretty much require you to be a real-life ninja with the controller to complete.Insanely fast action game with horrible japanime music. That is the summary of the gameplay. The story of going to Paradiso to reset the balance of light and dark kept me playing it to the end. There is a lot of room for skill to be used here, it all happens so fast and there are side-challenges that will pretty much require you to be a real-life ninja with the controller to complete. The graphics are pretty good, and the frame rate is 60. The only thing stopping this game from getting a higher score from me is the cheese factor with the music and a few awkward-to-watch cut scenes. I feel embarrassed for the characters, and to think the originated in the underworld? Lol. Expand
  49. Sep 22, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game, and my favorite game this gen. Also one of my favorite games ever, up there with Ocarina of Time, Arkham Asylum, Warcraft 3 and Battlefield 2. Besides the obvious fan-service(which I have no problem with, and you shouldn't either unless you're uptight) the combat is intuitive and fun. The game is of satisfying length, the main character is easily likable(notAbsolutely amazing game, and my favorite game this gen. Also one of my favorite games ever, up there with Ocarina of Time, Arkham Asylum, Warcraft 3 and Battlefield 2. Besides the obvious fan-service(which I have no problem with, and you shouldn't either unless you're uptight) the combat is intuitive and fun. The game is of satisfying length, the main character is easily likable(not because of the skin tight suit), the supporting characters are fun, and the plot, while confusing at first, is complete with unexpected twists and an interesting backstory. Expand
  50. Sep 14, 2011
    This game has awesome ideas and feels like a step up compared to other Devil May Cry-clones. Too bad it's sexist, stupid and has the worst story I've ever experienced. I was absolutely disgusted with the cut-scenes and felt like taking a shower when I turned it off. Never to play it again.
  51. Sep 9, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. This is what devil may cry 4 should have been. The amount of combat control is just mind boggling there is just so much you can do. Also factor in you can switch on the fly a different weapon set up to mix up very varying combo styles. Rocket launchers on the feet is somehow full of awesome when you pull off amazing feats of combos. You can also activate aThis game is absolutely amazing. This is what devil may cry 4 should have been. The amount of combat control is just mind boggling there is just so much you can do. Also factor in you can switch on the fly a different weapon set up to mix up very varying combo styles. Rocket launchers on the feet is somehow full of awesome when you pull off amazing feats of combos. You can also activate a matrix bullet time slow mo (which is called witch time in this game) when you narrowly dodge enemy attacks, this is used to unleash and plan very destructive combos. Also in other games you see fancy epic choreographed CGI cutscenes well in bayonetta there is so much depth and control you can pull off amazing CGI choreographed styled fights in game, that's what sets this game above other hack and slash action games. If you're the type of gamer that wants more then just button mashing bayonetta can give you that control if you are willing to learn it. Also this game is the return of epic boss battles which the last 2 are some of the best in action gaming history. Doesn't hurt the game runs silky smooth at 60 FPS, which makes all those combos look phenomenal. The sound track is very nice as well with very atmospheric pieces and the choir chanting just races your adrenaline. With that bayonetta does have some awkward jazzy tunes like a japanese "fly me to the moon" jazz rendition when bayonetta is just being sassy and comical. But when things get serious that's when the real highlight of the OSt breaks out. If you love pure action games then this game is as good as it gets to being perfect gameplay wise. A must try for pure action enthusiast that love sexy smooth gameplay and who like lots of depth in combat options. Collapse
  52. Sep 3, 2011
    To put it simply one of the xbox 360's greatest games, graphics, gameplay and music all spot on, and it does have a nice story, tough at first but once used to the dodging mechanics i breezed through it.great game.
  53. Jul 15, 2011
    Sexy and deathly, Batonetta is equal too Devil May Cry and God Of War . Only absurd and weird , sometimes even stupid. The cut scene are very violent with the set pieces that make your jaw to drop. Visuals are fine enough to please every body ( seriously) . Another good female character that is bad ass.
  54. Jun 13, 2011
    The Japanese,when it comes to games,are not usually noted for innovation.Except for the odd gem 'if it aint broke etc' applies forever.Bayonetta is no exception.Almost a cut out of Devil May Cry,Bayonetta is a sexed up,cheesy action game with brilliant visuals,crappy one liners and anime style action seqences.I have no idea why I love it,but I do.Give it a try.
  55. Jun 5, 2011
    This Game has a great feel for it, it starts off a bit camp to say the least but the further you get the more EPIC it gets. The end was fantastic.This game is worth ever bit of your time just ease into it and don't take it seriously.
  56. Apr 16, 2011
    This is quite frankly the GREATEST GAME IN EXISTANCE! The word masterpiece doesn't even begin to cover it. It just kicks the living **** out of that crap pathetic game Devil May Cry 4. If you have DMC4 forget it go and get this and see what a true action game is all about. Everything about this game is perfect. The controls, gameplay and graphics are just truly magnificent. I love all theThis is quite frankly the GREATEST GAME IN EXISTANCE! The word masterpiece doesn't even begin to cover it. It just kicks the living **** out of that crap pathetic game Devil May Cry 4. If you have DMC4 forget it go and get this and see what a true action game is all about. Everything about this game is perfect. The controls, gameplay and graphics are just truly magnificent. I love all the old school SEGA references in it. A total must buy game! Expand
  57. Mar 21, 2011
    Bought this game expecting nothing more than a few hours of hack and slash entertainment. That's not my norm but sometimes you just don't want to play a game where you have to read everything and agonize over every single choice. In that respect this game more than met my expectations, which as I said were amazingly low but playing it was truly a delight. The lead is sassy, if a littleBought this game expecting nothing more than a few hours of hack and slash entertainment. That's not my norm but sometimes you just don't want to play a game where you have to read everything and agonize over every single choice. In that respect this game more than met my expectations, which as I said were amazingly low but playing it was truly a delight. The lead is sassy, if a little over the top with the in your face sexuality and the action is non-stop basic wave combat. What really sets this apart, in my opinion, is that your attacks are fluid. You aren't cracking the whip, you are the whip and that sort of boneless grace is refreshing when compared to similar titles like Dante's Inferno, God of War and Darksiders. My only complaint is that the story is a bit convoluted and sporadic, as opposed to the more engaging Mass Effect and ME2 titles but overall a very enjoyable game. Expand
  58. Mar 13, 2011
    Bayonetta is a solid action game using a fast paced play style that is an evolution of the style of Devil May Cry. It is extremely addictive, and before writing this I have played through it several times on varying difficulty settings. The story works to capture the style of the game. Set in the fictional European city of Vigrid, you play as the last Umbra Whitch, who is namedBayonetta is a solid action game using a fast paced play style that is an evolution of the style of Devil May Cry. It is extremely addictive, and before writing this I have played through it several times on varying difficulty settings. The story works to capture the style of the game. Set in the fictional European city of Vigrid, you play as the last Umbra Whitch, who is named Bayonetta. She is constantly perused by an angelic presence called the Laguna that is out to destroy her at any cost, as well as a human rival named Jeanne who has an agenda of her own. The story is full of ridiculous humor and comic relief, and hardly ever takes itself seriously. This is a good thing, because so little in the game is in any way believable, being an over the top fantasy with little if any attention payed to realism. The gameplay in Bayonetta can be described as simply: adrenaline, over the top, and addictively crazy. Despite there being hundreds of different moves you can pull off, the core mechanics are very simple: 1 button for punching, 1 button for kicking, and the experience to put them together to pull of some, frankly, hilariously overpowered combos. Press a button in Devil May Cry, and the playable character pulls a move. Press a button in Bayontta, and the screen explodes. Often times there so many things happening that I can't even keep track of what's going on, but the game somehow has been programmed to cope with this, as whenever I did die I easily knew which enemy it was that struck the killing blow. I have never played a more fast paced action game then Bayonetta. Your first go through the game should take you about 12 hours. However, the game still manages to have a lot of content because it is so replayable. Just like in DMC, you can carry upgrades over from previous playthroughs, and it appears to be the way the designers intended players to progress to higher difficulties, thus making the total content of the game at least a couple times that of your first trip through the campaign. Overall, I really enjoyed this game, and I encourage anyone who regularly plays action to pick up this game as soon as you can if you have not already. Expand
  59. Feb 5, 2011
    GAME OF THE DECADE. I can not think of a better game than BAYONETTA. This game is CRANKED UP TO ELEVEN AND THEN SOME. GAME OF THE DECADE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.
  60. Jan 3, 2011
    LOL at JeffR and JeffS posting fake reviews that they think the magazine reviews are fake.

There's more to this game than button mashing and the production values and fan service to veteran gamers is out of this world.
  61. Nov 29, 2010
    Coming from the creator of Devil may Cry it was expected this game would have some kind of innovation and it did not disappoint the combat system is the best out at this point, graphics look great and there are plenty of unlockables to keep you busy for weeks (months ... depending on how much you play).
    This game should not be missed. 10/10
  62. Oct 14, 2010
    Has awesome controls and plays great. Gameplay is sharp, fun, and addictive. I have to stress how great the controls feel and how awesome it feels to defeat the bosses. That being said, the story is an absolute mess of campy nonsense with a horrible side plot involving a little girl. The voice acting is annoying, some cut scenes are told in the form of film reels which is a very poorHas awesome controls and plays great. Gameplay is sharp, fun, and addictive. I have to stress how great the controls feel and how awesome it feels to defeat the bosses. That being said, the story is an absolute mess of campy nonsense with a horrible side plot involving a little girl. The voice acting is annoying, some cut scenes are told in the form of film reels which is a very poor choice. I'd recommend skipping the story. Enemies design is poor, the angels look great and it really does look like work was put into them, but you feel like you're just fighting Angel Guy #2 Version 2.1. No real relevant enemies. Sex appeal goes into the Uncanny Valley with oversexualization leading to creepiness. This is not a game you want to play in front of others.

Just play it for the gameplay, it's far from perfect, some people will love it, most will probably hate it unless they spend some time learning to block out the negative aspects and enjoy the gameplay.
    Oh yeah. Horrible J-Pop soundtrack :)
  63. Oct 9, 2010
    From looking at a fair few critic and user reviews, its pretty obvious that a lot of people don't 'get' this game.
    They complain that its all about sex because the protagonist has exaggerated features which are frequently flaunted during cinematics. That's not the case. The sexuality of the character is intended as a joke. The parts which show her strip off her suit or where the camera focuses on her breasts are intended to make you laugh at the profanity, not bust a nut. In truth, this game does have its flaws. The story is pretty incoherent and some of the cutscenes are half-arsed and presented in a film-reel style as opposed to full animation. Furthermore, some sections are a little tedious such as riding a missile or motorcycle for 15 minutes, but there are only 2 of these sections.
    If you can look past the negatives, you'll see that Bayonetta is truly a fantastic game. The graphics look stunning, the soundtrack is catchy, but the gameplay is where it really shines, and in the hack n' slash genre, that's what counts. Combat is flashy and fluid. There are hundreds of combos to use and many different weapons, all unique in purpose. There are very useful combat accessories and moves to unlock.
    The combat flows astoundingly well and is very pleasurable to play. There is very little downtime in battles and everything you do flows in to your next action. The game is never cheap and enemies present a real threat, even if some are just cannon fodder.
    The higher difficulties will have you pulling your hair out as you die over and over, but beating them is well rewarded and gives a feeling of great satisfaction. You are also ranked on online leaderboards and in-game for playing each level based on how well you performed. If you're a perfectionist, you'll have your work cut out for you to get Pure Platinum trophies on every mission.
    As for length, on my first play-through on Normal difficulty, it took me about 14 hours, but it is possible to beat it in under 3, and there is an achievement for doing so.
    In terms of replayability, I've clocked up over 100 hours playing a 3 hour, single player game. I think that says enough to rate this game 10/10
  64. Aug 26, 2010
    Great. Just great. The game has some flaws, but it's made to be FUN and to help the player enjoy the game. The story is completely absurd and it's just a way to add incredible and over the top bosses (the last one is probably one of the biggest bosses I remember).

I didn't like the DMC saga much, because it started to feel repetitive and you were revisiting levels a lot. There's some repetition in this one but a lot less. To sum it up, if you enjoyed games like God Hand (or any other kind of dumb fun like Serious Sam) you'll love this.
  65. Aug 24, 2010
    This game just assaulted my senses on every level. The movement was jerky and annoying, the storyline was non-existent as far as I'm concerned, but the graphics were above average. It takes way more than a pretty face to get me to play a game, though, and this game just didn't deliver. I actually wanted to vomit after playing it for more than 30 minutes. That's never happened to meThis game just assaulted my senses on every level. The movement was jerky and annoying, the storyline was non-existent as far as I'm concerned, but the graphics were above average. It takes way more than a pretty face to get me to play a game, though, and this game just didn't deliver. I actually wanted to vomit after playing it for more than 30 minutes. That's never happened to me before...well, not from a game anyway. Expand
  66. Aug 22, 2010
    A wonderful game, with good mechanics, no glitches that I could find, an excellent story, and good characters. Some of the tribute pieces, such as Verses 1 and 2 of Chapter 14, seem out of place, but the rest of the game makes up for it. The sexuality in the game is so overblown as to be comical rather than insulting, but can still be annoying at times. I easily put 60 hours into the game,A wonderful game, with good mechanics, no glitches that I could find, an excellent story, and good characters. Some of the tribute pieces, such as Verses 1 and 2 of Chapter 14, seem out of place, but the rest of the game makes up for it. The sexuality in the game is so overblown as to be comical rather than insulting, but can still be annoying at times. I easily put 60 hours into the game, and would have put in more time had I not lent it to a friend. Buy this game. Expand
  67. RandallH
    Jun 14, 2010
    Bayonetta is an over the top all out fun in an old school hard sort of way extravaganza. The graphics are beautiful, the score is wonderful, though you will likely grow tired of the main combat theme over multiple playthroughs. Incredible replayability and more unlockables than any game I have seen in years. Definitely worth the price of admission to get this great game.
  68. BradT
    Jun 7, 2010
    This may be my favorite video game of all time. It has everything a gamer could want: great graphics, fun gameplay, a smart, funny, and sexy main character, a cool story, and overall,it is just a great, fun game.
  69. KariP
    May 24, 2010
    I found this game to be incredibly addictive and its been so very long since i found gameplay to be so very compelling. The combo and dodge system is so incredibly fluid in this game nothing I have played compares. Go back to God of War III after playing through Bayonetta and it feels clunky. You probably CAN get through this game mashing buttons on the normal difficulty. You will die a I found this game to be incredibly addictive and its been so very long since i found gameplay to be so very compelling. The combo and dodge system is so incredibly fluid in this game nothing I have played compares. Go back to God of War III after playing through Bayonetta and it feels clunky. You probably CAN get through this game mashing buttons on the normal difficulty. You will die a lot and your rating will be terrible, but you can do it. Throughout the game though it teaches you to play with more strategy and skill through the use of alfheims and strings of difficult enemies. And to truly master this game you cannot just mash on the buttons. And that's part of the beauty of it - its really easy to pick up no matter what your gaming expertise and its a true challenge to get really good at it. I think the reason I enjoy playing as much as I do is because its fun to move around as Bayonetta. Its fun to do flips and acrobats to kick ass. You also feel very powerful as Bayonetta. I get to throw semis and buildings around. There are two levels in the game that I did find to be pretty boring and excessively long. These two levels are basically on the rail shooters that go on forever. These levels do not have the same fluid controls and gameplay and they go on forever. They are not a challenge either. But overall, they are a small fraction of the overall game and do not keep me from wanting to play the rest of the amazing game! I find the game to have immense replay value - at least for me. I find myself wanting to replay different levels always trying to improve my performance. The harder difficulties are truly a challenge and I really do want to get through every Alfheim! I will concede that the story makes little sense. I discovered this quite clearly trying to explain it to someone else. Needless to say you can't explain it because it doesn't make sense so I gave up. But I thoroughly enjoyed the actual characters even when they are ridiculously over the top. One of my favorite scenes little Cereza is imitating Bayonetta because she wants to be strong and powerful just like her one day. It was cute. Overall I love this game. I haven't played a game I enjoyed as much in years. Expand
  70. ChrisW
    Apr 26, 2010
    This game has major problems , slow down, screen tearing, glitches. The combat is basic ( keep hitting the Y button to beat all enemies, the a.i. is retarded - you can keep your eyes closed + win easily.) You have to fight each boss AT LEAST twice, revisit every location in the game AT LEAST twice. The story is terrible, and the main character looks like a seven foot hairy crossdresser This game has major problems , slow down, screen tearing, glitches. The combat is basic ( keep hitting the Y button to beat all enemies, the a.i. is retarded - you can keep your eyes closed + win easily.) You have to fight each boss AT LEAST twice, revisit every location in the game AT LEAST twice. The story is terrible, and the main character looks like a seven foot hairy crossdresser with a freakishly small head. Plus you have to listen to the "fly me to the moon" song everytime you fight - which sux. In short , this is without doubt the 'CAMPEST' game ever, that requires no skill to play. And it has glitches and slowdown. I can't believe 'certain games mags ** cough, cough, EDGE and Game central, cough, cough** gave this game 10/10. I feel robbed. Save your money and get DMC, Ninja Gaiden or GOW instead. Expand
  71. BoG.
    Apr 15, 2010
    Since when has a game's value been based upon its sole redeeming quality? Yes, the combat is absolutely spectacular. It is lightning fast, and its button mashing facade belies its true depth. For that alone this game deserves a rent, maybe even a buy. Take a look at the game as a composite, the sum of its parts, and you see an entirely different picture. The story plays a marginal Since when has a game's value been based upon its sole redeeming quality? Yes, the combat is absolutely spectacular. It is lightning fast, and its button mashing facade belies its true depth. For that alone this game deserves a rent, maybe even a buy. Take a look at the game as a composite, the sum of its parts, and you see an entirely different picture. The story plays a marginal role in the game, at best, and is laughably nonsensical. The music sucks - I turned it off after the first few minutes of a Japanese pop version of "Fly Me to the Moon" (Sinatra would have keeled over at hearing this abomination if he weren't already dead). And the graphics, while pretty, are simply a uni-dimensional backdrop to the action - they don't play any sort of role in the game play. So let's give this game it's due. If you want fast paced action, an orgy of combos, and the gratification of conquering well thought out and balanced foes - rent this game. Be prepared, however, to utilize the "skip cut-scene" option in the pause menu. Expand
  72. Flagello
    Mar 29, 2010
    Good grief! Unmitigated garbage. How did this game get such a high score? It defies belief. The lack of R-thumbstick camera cntrl is the first sign of trouble. Cinematic sequences are poorly animated, overlong, too frequent, and incoherent (in the worst Japanese tradition), but provide some relief from the pointless button mashing. Mobs drop shiny little rings - feels a bit like Sonic the Good grief! Unmitigated garbage. How did this game get such a high score? It defies belief. The lack of R-thumbstick camera cntrl is the first sign of trouble. Cinematic sequences are poorly animated, overlong, too frequent, and incoherent (in the worst Japanese tradition), but provide some relief from the pointless button mashing. Mobs drop shiny little rings - feels a bit like Sonic the Hedgehog lol. The gaming community has progressed so far beyond stuff like this it's just not funny. So-called professional reviewers who praised this product should be shot, dismembered, and fed to pigs. I hope the free lunch with the girl from marketing with the cleavage who called you handsome was worth the loss of your credibility. An abomination that should be chained up in the cellar and fed dog food, never to see the light of day. Expand
  73. ApocalypseBrown
    Mar 29, 2010
    May word, how people were sucked in because a lady is the heroine of the piece! I seriously don't see how people, especially mags like Edge, could give this anything more than 6 at very best. The gameplay is too hap-hazard, graphics suffer when multiple enemies on are screen, and I honestly found it over-blown and frustrating! Fail on this one Sega.
  74. RobD
    Mar 29, 2010
    I too have Briefly looked at a few user comments & critics as well. WTF is up w the ridiculously LOW scores? Do people NOT do ANY research B4 buying anything? If a gamer is too stupid to know what genre game they are buying & then bash it because they are mad at themselves that is BS! The Same holds true for critics partial to specific types that seemingly forget they are reviewing the I too have Briefly looked at a few user comments & critics as well. WTF is up w the ridiculously LOW scores? Do people NOT do ANY research B4 buying anything? If a gamer is too stupid to know what genre game they are buying & then bash it because they are mad at themselves that is BS! The Same holds true for critics partial to specific types that seemingly forget they are reviewing the product based on quality NOT their preferences! This is similar to the Devil May Cry series & I,for one, happen to Like these titles a LOT. I have still Only rated this a 9 rather than just popping a 10 because Bayonetta is Not perfect but it does almost everything right. The 1 point deduction I gave is for the fact that Bayonetta IS a niche title. as Many have stated this does fit the Love or Hate category well but Should satisfy Most fans of quality action games. I am Not a FPS fan but you don't see me dropping 1s on CODMW2 or BC2. Extend the Same courtesy as we should be helping one another by providing Fair & Accurate reviews! Expand
  75. JimF
    Mar 28, 2010
    This game is sensational! Yes it can seem like a random button masher at first, but those who dismiss it as such are missing the whole point of the game. There's lots of challenge in actually learning the combo system and the fastest way to dispatch enemies to get the higher rankings. Truly astonishing visuals, both technically and in design, and while some of the cutscenes and voice This game is sensational! Yes it can seem like a random button masher at first, but those who dismiss it as such are missing the whole point of the game. There's lots of challenge in actually learning the combo system and the fastest way to dispatch enemies to get the higher rankings. Truly astonishing visuals, both technically and in design, and while some of the cutscenes and voice acting are a bit cringe-inducing, I personally can't get enough of the over the top style of the gameplay. This is one game I will want to replay, because it's just so fun! Brilliant, best action game for a long time. Not to be missed. Expand
  76. RyanM
    Mar 21, 2010
    I enjoyed this game a lot. I didn't enjoy halo farming for characters that weren't worth a damn, and it most certainly could have been longer, but all in all it was a very well put together game, and looked amazing. Lol at those who think all of these people are paid advertisers.. Anyway, I give this game a 4/5 and plan to hold on to it for awhile.
  77. Luigi
    Mar 18, 2010
    Awful camera issues and screen fulls of so much 'stuff' that you can't even see the character you're controlling make this one of the most over rated games ever. Almost unplayable for me. I really like the DMC games, so it's not even a cas of if you like that... This is just a poor clone IMO.
  78. giangian
    Mar 16, 2010
    If You like action game, are a fans of videogame, and You don't get turn off by wacky stuff, than this is the game for You. Controls like a dream, and i didn't play any game with such a deep and satisfyng combat system. This is a game that doesn't take itself seriously but manage to offer a great great fun and challenge and after You finish it one time You just want to If You like action game, are a fans of videogame, and You don't get turn off by wacky stuff, than this is the game for You. Controls like a dream, and i didn't play any game with such a deep and satisfyng combat system. This is a game that doesn't take itself seriously but manage to offer a great great fun and challenge and after You finish it one time You just want to start again!!! Expand
  79. RobertA
    Mar 16, 2010
    If your first impression is: "a handful of battles because it was just random button-mashing at monsters coming at you from every angle. It got really repetitive, really fast" then you did something wrong, like not having the patience to do the tutorials, which is vital, to understand and get into the incredible fresh and addictive dodging mechanics, really, it takes the hack n slayIf your first impression is: "a handful of battles because it was just random button-mashing at monsters coming at you from every angle. It got really repetitive, really fast" then you did something wrong, like not having the patience to do the tutorials, which is vital, to understand and get into the incredible fresh and addictive dodging mechanics, really, it takes the hack n slay gameplay to onther level, besides having great and crazy grafix and a lolita and gothic soundtrack not heard in a videogame for a long time its so challenging on normal, but not really unfair (even if it sometimes does seem overwhelming against some bosses at times, but thats what a boss is suposed to be, not only look mean, but alos be mean Bayonetta is (besides Batman) the surprise (non sequel) game of the last 12 months, by far! Bayonetta is such a rollercoster of action, style and madness, you'll fall for her for sure (if you give the tutorials a moment of time) dont let the pics of her somewhat strange proportions make you think, she doest look cool, once seen in movement, you'll have a hard time, not taking your eyes of her. Expand
  80. KarlS.
    Mar 11, 2010
    This is pretty much a game designed around a character, a horendiosly over the top, awkwardly voice acted and all around anatomically out of proportion character. The story is bland at best, I think they did that on purpose so you could stare at the "eyes" of the main character durring cut scenes and not have to worry about missing out on anything important. On the side of gameplay its This is pretty much a game designed around a character, a horendiosly over the top, awkwardly voice acted and all around anatomically out of proportion character. The story is bland at best, I think they did that on purpose so you could stare at the "eyes" of the main character durring cut scenes and not have to worry about missing out on anything important. On the side of gameplay its fun at first but does drag on and begins to become very repetitive, repetive in the sence that this game is way longer than any button mashing shooter ever should be, the few "driving" scenes are closer to way too long on rail cutscenes where all you have to do is hold down a and the trigger simultaniosly....for about 10 minutes....the replay value is, well who am i kidding, what replay value? the most you'll get out of a second go is a few more moments of cleavage before you get tired to hitting the same three buttons over and over again. All in all the game is yet another washed out DMC wanna be with a trying too hard to be OTT character and terrible music. I have to give them one thing though, the badies look f***ing awesome. Expand
  81. MichaelH
    Mar 3, 2010
    This is a very solid entertaining action game. I loved the dodging mechanic, I love how it's an action game that has a substantial learning curve, and I love the weapons varitey. But let me just say the story line is horrendous, a few funny parts, terrible voice acting in a few roles (I'm looking at you old british angel guy), and the worst part is that some of the cut scences This is a very solid entertaining action game. I loved the dodging mechanic, I love how it's an action game that has a substantial learning curve, and I love the weapons varitey. But let me just say the story line is horrendous, a few funny parts, terrible voice acting in a few roles (I'm looking at you old british angel guy), and the worst part is that some of the cut scences just draaaaaaaaag ooooooooooooon and they are just pointless, they don't evole the characters, they don't advance the story, they aren't even funny. Another thing I didn't like was the secuinces where your operating some form of vehical, instead of feeling like a fast paced high action little extra in the game, it was a boring, tedious, unpolished snorefest that I was just dying for to be over. BUT, on to the positive, let me say that Bayonetta (while in it's normal action sequences and boss fights) is the most fair, highly polished, and fun action game I've ever put my hands on. Not once in Bayonetta did I think, "okay, yeah, that was REAAAAAL fair there guys, just gonna give no fair warning on that huh?" every time I died I knew it was my fault, and I knew that there was somthing to do about it. I love that in games, and it's really what hardcore action gaming is all about in the end. So, in conclusion, If you are an action gamer (like myself) you will LOVE Bayonetta. But Bayonetta is not a perfect expirence and comes with more flaws than I can count on two hands, if this game didn't have such a confusing, horrendous story line it would have gotten a 9, and if it didn't have several unpolished lame driving senquences , it would have been getting closer to perfect, scrach the jaw droppingly bad voice acting, and to some, and to me, you might have yourself a 10. Expand
  82. RandyB
    Mar 1, 2010
    Bayonetta is different, fast-paced and loads of fun, a terrific job was done in making this game work within the crazy wolrd in which its told. Theres something special about bayonetta, maybe its the absurdly fast combat, the story of an umbra witch, or maybe its just bayonettas legs! i cant decide either way this i a sure-fire purchase and id recommend it to all who like the God of war Bayonetta is different, fast-paced and loads of fun, a terrific job was done in making this game work within the crazy wolrd in which its told. Theres something special about bayonetta, maybe its the absurdly fast combat, the story of an umbra witch, or maybe its just bayonettas legs! i cant decide either way this i a sure-fire purchase and id recommend it to all who like the God of war or DMC series. Expand
  83. JeffR
    Feb 24, 2010
    Is it legal for a company to flod the market with Fake reviews? Just throwing you hands up and explaining that all the crap that makes the game so awful is done on purpose for camp value or this "over the top" thing I keep seeing people write doesn't make it better it makes it worse. What is the difference between over the top and just plan unoriginal crappy game making? Over the top Is it legal for a company to flod the market with Fake reviews? Just throwing you hands up and explaining that all the crap that makes the game so awful is done on purpose for camp value or this "over the top" thing I keep seeing people write doesn't make it better it makes it worse. What is the difference between over the top and just plan unoriginal crappy game making? Over the top as in extra sh***y? over the top like when a toilet gets cloggest and a football team keeps shitting in it and the crap flows over the top? maybe. Expand
  84. ChipK
    Feb 22, 2010
    What the hell is this crap? I returned it to GameStop (thank God for their satisfaction guarantee on used games) after playing through a handful of battles because it was just random button-mashing at monsters coming at you from every angle. It got really repetitive, really fast. Oh, and the story is absolutely nonsensical.
  85. CollinJ
    Feb 22, 2010
    I must say, I have to laugh at everyone who thinks these reviews are fake. It's a love-it-or-hate-it type game, and personally I love it. Most of the comments say "Save money for ME2" or "I'm gonna play CoD instead."... This isn't Cod. This isn't Mass Effect, it's a completely different genre entirely. The battle system is very fluid, the visuals are amazing. I must say, I have to laugh at everyone who thinks these reviews are fake. It's a love-it-or-hate-it type game, and personally I love it. Most of the comments say "Save money for ME2" or "I'm gonna play CoD instead."... This isn't Cod. This isn't Mass Effect, it's a completely different genre entirely. The battle system is very fluid, the visuals are amazing. Sure, you can get through the entire game button mashing, but that's not the POINT! If you build up your combos and take pride in pulling off bad-ass combos, it's a very fulfilling game. I agree the cinematics drug on a bit, but this is a game of spectacle. If you don't enjoy this sort of thing, grade it on the merits this sort of game is normally based. The action is fluid, and it does a good job of occasionally shifting up the action. And as for Bayonetta being over the top and a transparant character... She's supposed to be over the top, but is definately not two dimensional. If you'd play more through the game, she story has enough twists to keep it interesting. The game is supposed to be ripe in self-parody, that's what it's always been meant to be. And it is extremely replayable, but only if you're a perfectionist and want to unlock all the extra modes and costumes. Overall I give this game a 9; the only gripe I have with it is some occasional sputerring of the frame rate. Expand
  86. KenL
    Feb 6, 2010
    This is why Platinum Games joining with Sega is a good thing. This is the next evolution of Devil May Cry from the people who actually created Devil May Cry. The style may offend some, but it is style none the less. Controls never failed me. The only gripe I have is the manual Camera is a little slow. Switching scenarios with dramatic changes like the Motorcycle and "Space Harrier" levels This is why Platinum Games joining with Sega is a good thing. This is the next evolution of Devil May Cry from the people who actually created Devil May Cry. The style may offend some, but it is style none the less. Controls never failed me. The only gripe I have is the manual Camera is a little slow. Switching scenarios with dramatic changes like the Motorcycle and "Space Harrier" levels never tripped me up. The QTEs even kept the Controller in my hands during the cut-scenes. This is the perfect balance between Serious and completely self-aware poke-funery. Plus there are tons of homages to other games from Classic Sega arcade games, Past Capcom games, to Assassin's Creed. Expand
  87. CMS
    Feb 6, 2010
    This game is highly overrated. Artistically it is a spectacle that pushes the bar higher... but it's not that fun (assuming you've played the god of wars, devil may cry's, heavenly blade/sword (?). This game is too over the top, and the story is absolutely absurd to the point of the cut scenes and dialogue being a drag. I give it a 6 for crisp conntrols, technical This game is highly overrated. Artistically it is a spectacle that pushes the bar higher... but it's not that fun (assuming you've played the god of wars, devil may cry's, heavenly blade/sword (?). This game is too over the top, and the story is absolutely absurd to the point of the cut scenes and dialogue being a drag. I give it a 6 for crisp conntrols, technical brilliance, and being sent back to gamefly after only a few hours. Time to put COD back in and have fun in the mean time. Expand
  88. RichardK
    Feb 4, 2010
    Bayonetta has to be one of my favourite games of all time now. I cannot see how you can really fault it, the over the top campness and mocking of video game culture is just genius. Any game that can reference so many games in such amazing ways is awesome. The people who give this game low scores obviously cannot comprehend what the game is about. It is not meant to be serious, it is a Bayonetta has to be one of my favourite games of all time now. I cannot see how you can really fault it, the over the top campness and mocking of video game culture is just genius. Any game that can reference so many games in such amazing ways is awesome. The people who give this game low scores obviously cannot comprehend what the game is about. It is not meant to be serious, it is a parody of everything to do with gaming! Expand
  89. JeffS
    Feb 2, 2010
    I agree these reviews have to all be fake -- they all mention the same dribbel. Having played this game, I can attest to it's crappiness. Sadly, they've already probably sold a million future coasters, ensuring that this vicious behavior continues.
  90. R.G
    Feb 2, 2010
    I have to say, I am astonished to read a review from "gamers" that rate a game a zero (0), and for this game anything lower than a 5 is just imflamatory, from a person that must have a gripe from the developers! This game is so well done in gameplay, good graphics, music, and the story is just fun. YES, it is over the top and it is meant to be, it is a witch! It has a funfactor that I have to say, I am astonished to read a review from "gamers" that rate a game a zero (0), and for this game anything lower than a 5 is just imflamatory, from a person that must have a gripe from the developers! This game is so well done in gameplay, good graphics, music, and the story is just fun. YES, it is over the top and it is meant to be, it is a witch! It has a funfactor that anyone that considers themselves a gamer can enjoy. I am sick of people putting bs scores and it makes just remindes me that the world is full of idiots. I can find fun in most games, and if your a true gamer you should too. By the way a rating of a 4 is a game that has many flaws-this game does not have any flaws (framerate, tearing, etc.). So enough of my rant. This is one of the best games i have played in a long time, and i am sick of seeing scores on all games that are just plain stupid. Even games that are bland and not great like CSI games dont deserve lower than a 4 or 5, and those games dont add much of anything to gaming. Expand
  91. SkullScience
    Feb 1, 2010
    Hideously over-rated!!! Granted, the game looks fantastic, but I come from a generation (I am 32) that appreciates gameplay over graphics. The oxymoron is that the whole game is aimed at teenage boys as a substitute to porn, yet the age certificate contradicts its target audience. The game is just silly, and the gameplay is simply button mash, dodge, button mash, dodge. I know it is from Hideously over-rated!!! Granted, the game looks fantastic, but I come from a generation (I am 32) that appreciates gameplay over graphics. The oxymoron is that the whole game is aimed at teenage boys as a substitute to porn, yet the age certificate contradicts its target audience. The game is just silly, and the gameplay is simply button mash, dodge, button mash, dodge. I know it is from the same creator as 'Devil May Cry' and he sure shows a lack of originality. If this game had a 'Devil May Cry' title, no-one would have blinked. An average, unoriginal game that was way overhyped. Looks great but is boring to play. Darksiders is much superior. Expand
  92. JasonB.
    Jan 28, 2010
    I kept asking myself as I was playing...how can a game that's all action spectacle be boring? Well, the same way any media with Mary-Sues can be boring. The characters are just bland, the plot nonexistent, and after the 1800th slow-mo ludicrous cutscene, it just gets annoying. The game hits the hyped-up high points like neat set pieces and very fluid action, but it just gets boring I kept asking myself as I was playing...how can a game that's all action spectacle be boring? Well, the same way any media with Mary-Sues can be boring. The characters are just bland, the plot nonexistent, and after the 1800th slow-mo ludicrous cutscene, it just gets annoying. The game hits the hyped-up high points like neat set pieces and very fluid action, but it just gets boring when everything's so over the top and the characters so one-dimensional. We get it...you can flip in slow-motion...next? Very overrated. Expand
  93. JohnnyS.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Classic example of style over substance - if you can really call this stylish. If you're not already dog tired of dodge and juggle button mashing mechanics after four rounds of Devil May Cry, then you might find something to like amidst the deliberately camp histrionics and overwrought cut scenes. The rest of us will wonder what the fuss is about and exactly how much a perfect 40 Classic example of style over substance - if you can really call this stylish. If you're not already dog tired of dodge and juggle button mashing mechanics after four rounds of Devil May Cry, then you might find something to like amidst the deliberately camp histrionics and overwrought cut scenes. The rest of us will wonder what the fuss is about and exactly how much a perfect 40 from Famitsu costs these days. Expand
  94. CRAIGB
    Jan 23, 2010
    I wasn't too sure when I first started playing Bayonetta but now I love it, its funny, has amazing game play and its a bit twisted which is fun.
  95. KostasI.
    Jan 22, 2010
    I am especially astonished that this game exists. Normally it shouldnt because its "predecessors" (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry) were already deemed perfect in their art style combat mechanics. Sorry Dante and Ryu but Bayonetta just blows the both of them out of the water in terms of intricate and deep combat styles and NG series was already an awesomely high mark to catch, let alone I am especially astonished that this game exists. Normally it shouldnt because its "predecessors" (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry) were already deemed perfect in their art style combat mechanics. Sorry Dante and Ryu but Bayonetta just blows the both of them out of the water in terms of intricate and deep combat styles and NG series was already an awesomely high mark to catch, let alone surpass. Bayonetta however has done exactly that, it has surpassed the impossible. The combat system is of course the focus of the game, as is with any skilled type third person action game, and it is just magnificent. Every movement of your witch perfectly matches your playstyle as she is able to accomodate a variety of playing styles for every possible type of dextrous hand. I really dont want to say more than that. The story is kind of silly yeah but this is not the point of the game. The story is an excuse to slash up angels to high heaven and back but damn what a fine way that is. NG and DMC fans out there just go and grab this. You will not be dissapointed. There really aren't enough games such as these handy around. Expand
  96. VinceP.
    Jan 21, 2010
    I feel as if I've played this game already, about 4 times now... Devil May Cry 1 - 4 I think... Let's do something original, not something just aimed at getting off 15 year olds.
  97. DaveL
    Jan 21, 2010
    Bayonetta is an awe inspiring game with flashy attacks combined with a fluidity most games could only dream of. This game is clearly not for all gamers but if you like fast paced action games, then you might enjoy this. The fighting system works well once you play through normal and attempt hard, the game progresses once you learn the moves, it is certainly most not a hack n' slash Bayonetta is an awe inspiring game with flashy attacks combined with a fluidity most games could only dream of. This game is clearly not for all gamers but if you like fast paced action games, then you might enjoy this. The fighting system works well once you play through normal and attempt hard, the game progresses once you learn the moves, it is certainly most not a hack n' slash despite what others might say. Bayonetta may have a bit of a confusing story but it becomes clearly towards the end, The replay system is an absolute joy as things become once easier. The creators clearly has a plan to make the game sexual in nature, but it is integrated smoothly and in a seductive way. The game overall is a must buy if you are patient enough to take the time to learn moves, learn enemies, and enjoy the sometimes over the top attacks. 10/10 easy Expand
  98. JamesS
    Jan 20, 2010
    Jumps up my personal list as one of the best games I've ever played (and I've been playing games for 28 years). You have to play this and judge for yourself and hopefully you'll find something here as enduring as I did. It's all about the gameplay. Do not let the cynics fool you into thinking it's repititive; I guarantee none of them have the skills needed to get Jumps up my personal list as one of the best games I've ever played (and I've been playing games for 28 years). You have to play this and judge for yourself and hopefully you'll find something here as enduring as I did. It's all about the gameplay. Do not let the cynics fool you into thinking it's repititive; I guarantee none of them have the skills needed to get through this challenging game. Lots of variety (you map numerous weapons to your hands AND feet opening up a lot of different combos). Great great great replay to those who love challenging themselves and having fun. Expand
  99. RobertoDelaT
    Jan 19, 2010
    this game is awesome, the variety of battle movements of bayonetta and the challenging boss enemies. Grats and thanks platinum games.
  100. SeanM
    Jan 18, 2010
    This game is near perfect. The game does draw out near the middle/end, but will pick the pace at the end. It is around 10 hours if you rush through normal. I would like to see some sort of horde/firefight like mode on it, but future DLC could fix this. Also, the sexual themes in this game are there for a comedic effect, its there to laugh at, intentionally or not. If you like This game is near perfect. The game does draw out near the middle/end, but will pick the pace at the end. It is around 10 hours if you rush through normal. I would like to see some sort of horde/firefight like mode on it, but future DLC could fix this. Also, the sexual themes in this game are there for a comedic effect, its there to laugh at, intentionally or not. If you like action/hack-and-slash, I recommend it. Expand
  101. Sep 9, 2011

1. A game that exemplifies so much of what commentators claim has died in the Japanese game industry. A blast of creative brilliance, both technically accomplished, strategically deep and infused with rare imagination, Bayonetta represents the pinnacle of its chosen niche. [JPN Import]
  2. A beautiful and graceful fighting game that lets imagination loose, and winks before slapping Dante, Kratos and every other hero back to the drawing board. [Christmas 2009, p.90]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine
    Astonishingly, every one of these dazzling battles is thrilling without overstaying its welcome - and also challenges you without being cheap. [Jan 2009, p.66]