Binary Domain Xbox 360

8.0

1. Apr 4, 2013
    Downloaded it on the cheap from Xbox Live Games on Demand, and I like it. It's basically Gears of War with Robots. And some things thrown in to make it a little different. A sleeper hit.
  2. Mar 27, 2012
    Meh...
    Oh ok. Terminator. A rough team. A TPS. A bit of Phlip K Dick and Isaac Asimov.
    Er... What else?
    Well well well...
    Seems to me that due to the amout of money put into gaming those days, we could decently expect something more... Orignal, couldn't we?
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing new from this game but i have to say something that really made me want to cut every member of teams throat is STAY OUT OF MY LINE OF FREAKING FIRE!!!!! I don't know if anybody else had a problem with this but as soon as the gunfire started and you moved to a cover spot they ran RIGHT next to you or you moved up and they moved into you previous spot only to FOLLOW you and jump RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Don't know ANY third person shooter that didn't know that FIRE LANES are important for a reason. I get that this game was suppose to evoke the emotional aspect of squad fighting but COME ON there should be no reason they go right I have to go left just so I can shoot without someone from my squad jumping right in front of me. Sounds like I'm complaining yes, cause this was the only FLAW in the game that made me ragequit so many times that I just almost about gave up on the game if it wasn't so short.(84hours total with ragequitting) So if you are looking for something to fill the void until something else comes out or your done with ME3 then give it go. Rent or Buy?

Rent- nothing new here and the EMOTIONAL aspect will have you feeling sorry that you even rented it. BTW- Boss fights in this game will be another reason that you want to quit and the last boss blows and there isn't enough ammo for heavy weapons to finish it off. just make sur ethat you are packing some serious heat other then your standard issue weapon.
  4. Jan 13, 2013
    Its not going to win any awards but its still a fun shooter. Gameplays is like a arcade game and the first few missions are boring, but as you go on with this game you just got to keep on going. Its very hard to predict what happens in this game and just game offers twists and turns, good story as well. Overall nothing next-gen but a enjoyable shooter. Binary Domain 7.5/10
  5. Jun 23, 2017
    Binary Domain is an average third-person shooter.

The game has a good cover mechanic and solid squad command mechanics.The level design is good for the most part,but the inclusion of consistent time-based sections annoy the f*** out of me as a player,and they don't even tell you the time limits.The boss fights are awful too. The graphics are solid,and the framerate remains at the same
    Binary Domain is an average third-person shooter.

The graphics are solid,and the framerate remains at the same level throughout.

The story here starts solid but falls apart quickly

The sound design is average,but the soundtrack is terrible.

Overall,Binary Domain could have been a great game,but is held back to mediocrity by some major flaws.
  6. Mar 20, 2012
    Just going to open up my review - This is the best cover-based shooter I have ever played. The amount of polish in the shooting is unbelievable, and the enemies are all extremely satisfying to fight.
    And unlike most generic MANLY SPACE MARINE fare from the genre, this game delivers an unparalleled story with fantastic writing and great characters. Not a single weak member in the cast. Now down to brass tacks. The game runs at a fantastic framerate and looks nice all around. Seeing plating peel off of enemies is fantastic. And speaking of the enemies, oh my god are they awesome. Unlike other Sega robot shooter Vanquish, this game's robots are fun to fight. Blow their arm off? They run out of cover to go pick up their gun. Blow their legs off? They crawl toward you. Blow their head off (and this has a fantastic little sound that plays every time)? They start targeting their allies. It's unbelievably satisfying in nearly every encounter, it refused to get old for me. Speaking of never getting old, they throw A LOT of variety at you in this game. What really sets this game apart aside from the level of polish is the squadmate interactivity. This is fantastic, and to my surprise when I played the demo the game uses voice controls. And WOW, voice controls have come a looooooong way since Lifeline on the PS2. They mostly work well, but some words REFUSE to register (I'm looking at you F-word)
    And unlike most other cover-based shooters, this game will throw boss battles at you by the boatload (nearly the entire last 2 or 3 hours are boss battles). Some of these are annoying, but some of them are absolutely amazing and fun all the way through. The game itself clocks in at around 10 hours, not bad for a modern game, especially one this good.
    The sound design is great. As I mentioned before, the DING when you pop a robot's head is so pleasant, the voice acting is all great featuring big name anime actors like Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey, and the music at some parts is really good. Most of the tracks just blend in with the background though.
    And now for the bad news - the multiplayer in this game is terrible. Netcode is some of the worst I've seen since I tried to play Spear Pillar on Smash Bros. Luckily, the multiplayer isn't worth playing anyways and the single player campaign was clearly the entire focus of the game.
    So all in all, best shooter I've played in years, BUY IT, BUY IT AND PLAY IT. You won't regret it.

1. May 19, 2012
    Binary Domain wants to be more than a generic shooter, but unfortunately drops the ball with the unique gameplay elements. What remains is an entertaining, reasonably interesting and good looking shooter that could've scored better with an extra layer of technical polish.
  2. May 6, 2012
    It's a fun, frivolous sci-fi narrative with just enough strength of writing to provide some memorable moments of dialogue; satisfying combat and set-pieces; and a competent grasp of pacing. After some bad experiences with the genre, Binary Domain has convinced me that there's still some value in cover shooters.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 17, 2012
    A Japanese adaptation of the Gears of War franchise with voice commands. Besides the mechanical novelty, which would have been better executed with buttons, the game is just another regular shooter with some interesting boss fights. [Apr 2012]