8.6

1. Sep 13, 2010
    If you liked Bioshock 2, you'll certainly like Minerva's Den. Solid story, fun new weapons, and interesting new plasmids. I don't usually buy DLC, but I purchased this on a whim and wasn't disappointed.
  2. Sep 8, 2010
    After completing the main game and learning there was no backtracking available, I was pumped for the add on content for Bioshock 2. Now, after playing Minerva's Den, I can say that if you liked the main game, you'll thoroughly enjoy this DLC. With a new weapon, the Ion Cannon and a new plasmid, the Gravity Well (which is very fun by the way), the add on content makes you feel like it was an addition to the game, not just a "deleted scene". The only negative is that we've lost all connections with familiar characters. No more Delta!
    However, I did greatly enjoy this DLC and think if you enjoyed the main game, you will love this!
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    When it comes to DLC, this is one of the best game add-ons I've ever purchased. The story is superb, and the experience is every bit as enjoyable as Bioshock 1 and 2.
  4. Dec 7, 2012
    Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den is an above par DLC/add-on that is fun, mysterious and brilliant all at the same time. Though not as good as the original Bioshock, it is still as good as the second instalment.

1. Jan 5, 2011
    This add-on's great pacing and memorable story are excellent reasons to return to Rapture.
  2. Rapture is getting old, and it's becoming increasingly difficult for 2K to wring interesting stories and characters out of the setting. That said, this is distilled and more accessible chapter in the Bioshock story, and if you liked the more action-oriented approach of the second game, Minerva's Den won't disappoint.
  3. It's one hell of a trip from beginning to end and, by the end of its four-hour journey, will only make it tougher for you to wait two years for BioShock Infinite.