BioShock 2 Xbox 360

8.2

1. JacobP
    Feb 23, 2010
    Just call it 'Bioshock DLC'. I'm glad I only rented this; it was over in one night. Short and on-dimensional; this is just a rehash of it's predecessor.

Still, BioShock 2 not only re-captures the dystopian aesthetic, gripping narrative, and deep gameplay of Irrational's original, but it actually greatly improves on the BioShock experience as a whole, fine-tuning what made Jack's voyage to Rapture such a memorable experience two years ago.
  2. It's well over two year's since we first had the privilege to be submerged into the world of Rapture for the very first time. In contrast to the first outing, the sequel certainly delivers that same and unique feel with the combination of well thought out design and audio. It's not so much 'better' than the original, but provides enough twists and turns to keep us unadulterately submerged in this mesmerizing underwater (and demented) utopia.
  3. Rapture may not be as mysterious and intriguing this second time around, but it is nonetheless host to a powerful and moving tale that allows you to better realize--or pervert--Ryan's principles at your own discretion. Regardless of whether or not this is a return visit to paradise lost, there is plenty to be found here to make it a worthwhile, meaningful, and compelling one.