BioShock 2 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Mar 8, 2016
  2. Nov 15, 2015
    An excellent game ! Its only default is to be a little too close to BioShock 1, making each comparison at a disadvantage (especially the story). But game feels and Rapture atmosphere are still there, and that's the main thing.
  3. May 1, 2015
    You may have fallen slightly from the first, but BioShock 2 has plenty of emotion to captivate even the most critical. .
  4. Dec 20, 2014
    Certainly the lesser of the three Bioshock titles, but this second release still delivers strong. It is impossible to not enjoy delving deeper into new areas of Rapture.
  5. Dec 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock 2 is the half-baked sequel to the first Bioshock. I say "half-baked" because, well, it was half-baked.

Take a painting like the Mona Lisa, and then draw a mustache and top hat on it. Did ya make it better? No, of course not; and that's what Bioshock 2 is.

Bioshock 2 added some really cool stuff. You play as one of the prototype Big Daddies known as an "Alpha". However, you, the player, are referred to as "Delta" for some reason. The setting takes place a couple of years after the first Bioshock, and also takes place in Rapture. There are some pretty cool weapons, plasmids, and mechanics. There were new enemies as well, such as the brute splicers, Alpha big daddies, and the Big Sisters. Now, while the Big Sisters were cool, they were pretty annoying. They would show up every time you interacted with too many little sisters, and even though they had much less armor than any of the big daddies did, they were the hardest to kill. They were quick, hard to hit, and screamed every five seconds. All of this takes the cool factor from the Big Sisters, and replaces it with "Oh good, this b**ch again."

The story was decent, but it wasn't very interesting. The entire game, you're looking for your daughter. When you find her, her mother tries to kill both of you. The mother figure (who's name I can't really recall) isn't a very interesting villain, and is just annoying. Near the end of the game, your daughter becomes a Big Sister, and you can summon her via a plasmid... which I found pretty lame. Not to mention, she would only stick around for like two minutes and then bounce. Another thing I should mention, is that the end of the game was also the best part of the game, but for bad reasons.

Reason number one: All of the final upgrades for your plasmids and weapons can only be obtained in the final moments of the game. This is bad, because the upgrades are awesome, but it's the final level of the game. That's like eating a pie, but only tasting the flavor of the pie in the last bite.

Reason number two: It's the end of the game! The game you've been playing through is almost over, and it's just starting to get good! I'm not saying the rest of the game wasn't good, but why on Earth are the final moments the best part?

Now, the online multiplayer was good. I had a lot of fun with that. Me and my buddies had some good times playing it. However, while the multiplayer was fun, it had very many things wrong with it. Things such as: Long waiting times, bad servers, lag issues, connection issues, and many ways for people to exploit the mechanics. This ultimately drove people away from it, which only caused even more connection issues.

Also, I should mention that the DLC for this game was better than the game itself. If you ever plan on getting this game, (or already have it), I highly recommend getting the "Minerva's Den" DLC. Minerva's Den was phenomenal, and (for me at least) made up for many of the flaws the main campaign had.

Over-all, I really enjoyed the game. It was a lot of fun, and the new weapons/enemies/mechanics were awesome. I can easily replay through the game, over and over again. But the story wasn't very compelling and the game itself felt too short.

Without the multiplayer and DLC, I would give this game a sturdy 6/10. But, with the multiplayer and DLC in consideration, I give it a decent 8/10. If you didn't like the first Bioshock, you probably wouldn't like this game. But, if you did enjoy the first game, then I recommend at least trying this game out.
  6. Dec 31, 2013
    I think it's just as good as the first, except feels a bit too familiar. Everything has been improved but story, and a multiplayer has been added. If you liked the first, you'll like this one, if you didn't, you won't.

Bioshock 2 gets an 8.7/10
  7. Nov 29, 2013
    Don't get me wrong this was an excellent game, thrilling story, polished game-play, enthralling scenery and that same creepy shining-esque vibe of the original Bioshock. I gave the first game a 10, This game i have given an 8 largely based on 2 things. First the atmosphere of this game whilst staying true to the image of rapture never truly creeped me out or scared me, I felt that theDon't get me wrong this was an excellent game, thrilling story, polished game-play, enthralling scenery and that same creepy shining-esque vibe of the original Bioshock. I gave the first game a 10, This game i have given an 8 largely based on 2 things. First the atmosphere of this game whilst staying true to the image of rapture never truly creeped me out or scared me, I felt that the colour scheme and graphics were more stylized and though beautiful were lacking that same dark edge of the original. Second was the gameplay, it was slightly more polished but similar enough that it only served to point out the shortfall between this games end result and that of the first. In saying all this it was never going to be a good thing being destined to be compared to a game like Bioshock and this game is definitely still worth your time. Expand
  8. Nov 11, 2013
    I believe this game is well developed and I do agree that there are not as many twists and turns as the first but its story line is vary elaborate and entertaining.
  9. Oct 22, 2013
    Adorei, jogo assustador o jogador fica tenso em todas as fases do game se uma porta bater no local que estiver jogando com certeza você vai levar um grande susto....Recomendo.
  10. Sep 24, 2013
    Perfection yet again! They took an already amazing game and turned it into an amazing sequel with new characters, new enemies, and a whole new situation. You now get to see what it is like to be a big daddy and see what Rapture has now become. Not to mention and the new improvements they added to hacking! I could not have asked for a better sequel! It even adds a new version of the BigPerfection yet again! They took an already amazing game and turned it into an amazing sequel with new characters, new enemies, and a whole new situation. You now get to see what it is like to be a big daddy and see what Rapture has now become. Not to mention and the new improvements they added to hacking! I could not have asked for a better sequel! It even adds a new version of the Big Daddy known as the Big Sister and be ready because she will give you a run for your money! Expand
  11. Aug 29, 2013
    Rapture isn't quite as mysterious or intimidating the second time around, but the combat is hugely improved in Bioshock 2. If you enjoyed the first game for more than its story, you'll have fun with 2.
  12. Aug 22, 2013
    Back in 2010 this game was received positively by critics and gamers alike. 3 years later this game still plays great, with amazing scenery graphics this game simply rocks. However being a sequel to the extremely successful Bioshock 1 comparison is unavoidable... And this is were bioshock 2 falls a bit short.. Simply put its predecessor is much better.. However Bioshock 2 is still anBack in 2010 this game was received positively by critics and gamers alike. 3 years later this game still plays great, with amazing scenery graphics this game simply rocks. However being a sequel to the extremely successful Bioshock 1 comparison is unavoidable... And this is were bioshock 2 falls a bit short.. Simply put its predecessor is much better.. However Bioshock 2 is still an amazing game and it has to be enjoyed by every gamer... Expand
  13. Aug 6, 2013
    with the exception of the final run of the game it never gets out of its predecessors shadow, but on its own terms its still a great time that deserves a playthrough. Gameplay is improved in every way, even if the story is not as strong.
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    Firstly; If you're expecting the beastiality of Biosock the First, then dont get your hopes up. However, this game is still a really good ride. The gameplay and graphics are better than Bioshock one. Overall a more fun game. But- and there's always a but- The storyline is not as good (so you get shot in the head, live, but the only way you can live forever is through Eleanor, I won't spoilFirstly; If you're expecting the beastiality of Biosock the First, then dont get your hopes up. However, this game is still a really good ride. The gameplay and graphics are better than Bioshock one. Overall a more fun game. But- and there's always a but- The storyline is not as good (so you get shot in the head, live, but the only way you can live forever is through Eleanor, I won't spoil it though), and there is way too much ammo lying around, and why no tommy gun Anyway, the guns are a bit OP, especally the drill, and there is not much interaction between Big Daddys (imagine how cool that would be). On a more positive note, the Big sister battles are really fun. Overall, pick this game up for a very enjoyable ride through the Rapturian Eutopia. Expand
  15. Rem
    Jul 10, 2013
    Bioshock 2's biggest flaw isn't one of technical or story parts, but rather the feeling. If you played the first Bioshock, everything feels all too familiar. It is no longer as mysterious and as a result, the game loses some of its luster. However, I will say the game is a step up from the first in its design and gameplay. While not vastly improved, minor annoyances such as the hackingBioshock 2's biggest flaw isn't one of technical or story parts, but rather the feeling. If you played the first Bioshock, everything feels all too familiar. It is no longer as mysterious and as a result, the game loses some of its luster. However, I will say the game is a step up from the first in its design and gameplay. While not vastly improved, minor annoyances such as the hacking minigame has been simplified. I just wish I felt like a Big Daddy throughout the whole game. The story on the other hand, while not as shocking or engrossing, is more clearly told and is much tighter emotionally since there is a set goal from the beginning. The multiplayer of Bioshock 2 is good, but nothing we haven't seen before. In the end, Bioshock 2 does not surpass the original, but boy it sure is fun to play. Expand
  16. Jun 25, 2013
    Its story may not be as complex as the game preceding it, but "Bioshock 2" sure does elevate nearly every gameplay element, making it a brilliantly worthy sequel.
  17. May 28, 2013
    Not better than Bioshock 1, but it definitely a true sequel to it! The MP is the only thing that brings this game down, but its you'll forget its there very easily! The atmosphere of this one is just as creepy with the new water riddled ruins of Rapture! A great sequel overall!
  18. Apr 28, 2013
    Fun and entertaining, It will continue to go all out on trying to kill you with wall crawling enemies or giant brutes that will overwhelm you. The Story is amazing if you haven't played the first one. But for a person going blind for the first time, The old fashion futuristic city is almost a dream to play in and kill some rotting ass. Plasmids are fun to play with once you mastered themFun and entertaining, It will continue to go all out on trying to kill you with wall crawling enemies or giant brutes that will overwhelm you. The Story is amazing if you haven't played the first one. But for a person going blind for the first time, The old fashion futuristic city is almost a dream to play in and kill some rotting ass. Plasmids are fun to play with once you mastered them but at the beginning I felt like I had to save it for major battles instead of using it on little guys which really held me back and got me hit. You have some weapons that you could upgrade to make them stronger but at times I just felt like I wanted more weapons enough though they were at poverty, there could of been a lot more than the generic weapons that was given to you. Bioshock 2 is amazing until the end but trying to play it again was very boring for me because I knew what was going to happen and I couldn't really play in any other direction. Expand
  19. Apr 19, 2013
    Volviendo a esa ciudad que me lleno de emociones, sustos y enojo.Volviendo a Rapture.

Bioshock 2. Esta Mini-review va a hacer muy corta, no tengo mucho para decir de este juego solo algunas novedades y cosas diferentes. Este capaz no tendrá lo innovador ni lo glorioso del primero pero sigue siendo Excelente en la mayoría de las cosas y lo mas genial es que ahora sos un Big daddy. La

Bioshock 2.

Esta Mini-review va a hacer muy corta, no tengo mucho para decir de este juego solo algunas novedades y cosas diferentes. Este capaz no tendrá lo innovador ni lo glorioso del primero pero sigue siendo Excelente en la mayoría de las cosas y lo mas genial es que ahora sos un Big daddy. La historia comienza 2 años antes del primer rapture y sigue 8 años despues. Con la muerte de tales personajes(por los que no hayan jugado al 1) Lamb comienza a manipular a los Splicers gracias a una secta llamada la Familia de Rapture, liderada por el Padre Simón.

En el primer bioshock solo eran los big daddy, ahora son las big sisters, los big daddy y los alfa. Los mas jodidos entre los 3 son las Big sisters que serian las little sister ya en adolescentes.

PUNTOS A FAVOR: Todo.Ser un big daddy.

PUNTOS EN CONTRA: No innova en nada, solo algunas cosas nuevas pero nada que lo haga mejor que el 1.

Bioshock 2 es un excelente juego aunque no mejor que el 1 pero vale la pena jugarlo....ahora me voy columbia.
  20. Apr 12, 2013
    Flawed. Not as good as the first one, not my favorite, but this is a good game. I will start out with the good. This gameplay has been improved. Now that you have the ability to dual wield your plasmids and weapons, its great, really. The sound is still here. This game sounds great, and nothing was lost. The game is still really creepy, which is awesome. And it is cool how you participateFlawed. Not as good as the first one, not my favorite, but this is a good game. I will start out with the good. This gameplay has been improved. Now that you have the ability to dual wield your plasmids and weapons, its great, really. The sound is still here. This game sounds great, and nothing was lost. The game is still really creepy, which is awesome. And it is cool how you participate in the Little Sister-Big Daddy relationship. The music is still fine, but not as breathtaking as the first. And thats the good. But the graphics have... lost some touch. No more art-deco means no more beauty. Sigh. And some of the level design was just to generic. It was based off of the items you achieved through the game. This game is less scarier, mainly because we have been here before. But I hate to say it, but some characters are not developed like in Bioshock 1. Eleanor, a main character in the story did not feel that emotional, even when she was supposed to be emotional. In fact, this games only competition is really against itself, Bioshock 1. But it still is fun to play. Bioshock fans will enjoy it, but it is linear. And as for the multiplayer, I did not like it. I will continue to avoid it because it was not "well developed" at all. I did not enjoy that aspect. But in the end, this is worth a buy, but only if you enjoyed the first. Expand
  21. Apr 1, 2013
    A decent sequel, but lacks BioShock 1's attention to level detail, especially later on when the levels become more sloppy. The game feels a bit like you have been there and done it before, but even so, 2K Marin improved on the formula in many ways and even managed to tell a very meaningful and emotionally moving story too. My biggest regret is that they put you in a big daddy suit right atA decent sequel, but lacks BioShock 1's attention to level detail, especially later on when the levels become more sloppy. The game feels a bit like you have been there and done it before, but even so, 2K Marin improved on the formula in many ways and even managed to tell a very meaningful and emotionally moving story too. My biggest regret is that they put you in a big daddy suit right at the beginning of the game. This took away a lot of the fear of vulnerability and kind made me feel overpowered like a superhero. Still the game has its moments like exploring outside Rapture, but I think making the player a big daddy was the wrong call. The biggest detractor for this sequel though goes to the inclusion of a pointless and expensive multiplayer mode. I really wish such an unwanted component didn't bring the score down, but it does. So there you have it. A great sequel marred only by its forced in multiplayer addition. Expand
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    While I know many will disagree with me on this, I preferred Bioshock 2 over the original. Granted it more or less is almost the same game, but just better with improved gameplay mechanics, more or less fixing and improving on things that people complained about in the first game. It is a true sequel and as such it works well. In fact this is the first game who I actually like theWhile I know many will disagree with me on this, I preferred Bioshock 2 over the original. Granted it more or less is almost the same game, but just better with improved gameplay mechanics, more or less fixing and improving on things that people complained about in the first game. It is a true sequel and as such it works well. In fact this is the first game who I actually like the multiplayer. It's nowhere near as complex and developed as other online multiplayer shooters, but for me that's what I like: It was simple and straightforward. Overall: I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock 2 and look forward to Infinite. Expand
  23. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock 2 was definitely one of my favourite games; to begin it has one of the best story lines I have come across in a game, to fully understand it you would have needed to play the first Bioshock, but in short… A city was built incredibly deep underwater as a form of paradise away from the rest of the world, but the city had its floor including the stem cell discovery called ADAMBioshock 2 was definitely one of my favourite games; to begin it has one of the best story lines I have come across in a game, to fully understand it you would have needed to play the first Bioshock, but in short… A city was built incredibly deep underwater as a form of paradise away from the rest of the world, but the city had its floor including the stem cell discovery called ADAM discovered from a parasite in the ocean that caused addiction and terrible side effects as well as a civil war breaking out in rapture to earn freedom, while you play as a “Big Daddy” which is an experiment of a man connected to a girl whom collects the contents of ADAM from corpses. All of the Bioshocks have this amazing/beautiful world the developers have created, but it is once you have entered it that you see the real sinister side behind it that was hidden from you, but what I loved about the introduction to Bioshock 2 is how it shows the point of view from the “bad guys” of the game, you see how they see and how they are trapped in this glorious world of their own in shining gold and its glory when actually they are in a war-torn wreck of a world with corridors of leaking cracked glass flooded with the growth of fungi and the dead.
    The game gives a large amount of back-story to the original and teaches you the details and viewpoints of several characters while introducing new ones, while playing the game at times you get the sheer amazing feeling of being a walking tank as you plough a drill fist through the face of a splicer or light them on fire with a modified rivet gun.
    The original Bioshock was slightly more of a horror game using several scenes that will make you jump and just a scary atmosphere in general, the second Bioshock how ever didn’t have as many scary scenes but still had its moments, I still remember playing the game in my younger teens when the game came out, several moments in the game had scared the living crap out of me including suspense built by the “big sisters” in the game.
    All in all Bioshock 2 was a very amazing beautiful game and has earned a high place in my list of top games just for the sheet sights, beauty and amazing feeling of being one hell of a bad-ass.
  24. Dec 7, 2012
    It's story/plot may not be as good as it's predecessor and it may lack the feel that gamers felt when playing the original for the first time, but Bioshock 2 is a fun, surprisingly and still atmospheric sequel that though not as good as it's predecessor, it still provides some brilliant moments.
  25. Dec 6, 2012
    This was a very well done game an excellent succesor of the original. It is a shooter with some RPG elements which takes us back to Rapture an underwater city which captured my imagination the first time I visited. The action is very narrative driven which I love in a game and while I did not find the story quite as captivating as the original it is still very well done. I think theyThis was a very well done game an excellent succesor of the original. It is a shooter with some RPG elements which takes us back to Rapture an underwater city which captured my imagination the first time I visited. The action is very narrative driven which I love in a game and while I did not find the story quite as captivating as the original it is still very well done. I think they actually improved several aspects of the game such as the hacking mechanic which I did not enjoy in the last game. The action in this game hinges around preparing for battles with the big sister characters. Unlike Big Daddy's they are very fast and hard to pin down. The multiplayer doesn't really do much for me but that takes nothing away from a very solid single player experiance. Pick up this game if you haven't Expand
  26. Sep 14, 2012
    The first BioShock was amazing but the game broke on me :(. So I decided to play the second game. Improvements from the old game, decent story, improved gameplay but its too much the same as the first one. BioShock 2 8.1/10
  27. Mar 20, 2012
    BioShock is among the greatest games of my generation, and ranks in my top 10 all time games (classics not included). BioShock 2, for the most part, does not live up to the standard of the first. But that's not saying much. It is akin to trying to sequel a masterpiece of art, or a symphony. Sure, the artist will give you a good product, but overcoming the barrier they set forBioShock is among the greatest games of my generation, and ranks in my top 10 all time games (classics not included). BioShock 2, for the most part, does not live up to the standard of the first. But that's not saying much. It is akin to trying to sequel a masterpiece of art, or a symphony. Sure, the artist will give you a good product, but overcoming the barrier they set for themselves seems to be too much to handle most of the time. This game falls squarely into that category. It is a very good game, and one I enjoyed very much. But really, how do you follow up a artistic masterpiece? Expand
  28. Jan 16, 2012
    I didn't think anything could beat Bioshock as my favourite game ever. that was until no2 came along. I need a 11 rating for this as i put 10 for Bioshock 1.
    The story is better, the plasmids are improved, the weapons are a step up and the fact that i can simultaneously use my weapons and plasmids really opened up the game!
    Love it, my new fav game of all time!
  29. Sep 16, 2011
    While I am aware that Bioshock 2 is not much of a environment change (considering it's still in Rapture) that in no way stops it from being quite an impressive edition. The world of Rapture has somehow gotten even more beautiful since the last time we saw it. You play as a big daddy which heightens the coolness of the game, makes you stronger, faster and all around better. The story isWhile I am aware that Bioshock 2 is not much of a environment change (considering it's still in Rapture) that in no way stops it from being quite an impressive edition. The world of Rapture has somehow gotten even more beautiful since the last time we saw it. You play as a big daddy which heightens the coolness of the game, makes you stronger, faster and all around better. The story is great, as are the characters. In my book Bioshock 2 is just as grand as the first. Expand

Still, BioShock 2 not only re-captures the dystopian aesthetic, gripping narrative, and deep gameplay of Irrational's original, but it actually greatly improves on the BioShock experience as a whole, fine-tuning what made Jack's voyage to Rapture such a memorable experience two years ago.
  2. It's well over two year's since we first had the privilege to be submerged into the world of Rapture for the very first time. In contrast to the first outing, the sequel certainly delivers that same and unique feel with the combination of well thought out design and audio. It's not so much 'better' than the original, but provides enough twists and turns to keep us unadulterately submerged in this mesmerizing underwater (and demented) utopia.
  3. Rapture may not be as mysterious and intriguing this second time around, but it is nonetheless host to a powerful and moving tale that allows you to better realize--or pervert--Ryan's principles at your own discretion. Regardless of whether or not this is a return visit to paradise lost, there is plenty to be found here to make it a worthwhile, meaningful, and compelling one.