8.2

1. Aug 21, 2010
    The 2 things wrong with this game is it's repetition and its re-playability. It was fun to shoot a splicer the first time but that seems to be all you do the entire story. The story is way to forward with one easily predictable twist,but i really don't care too much about the story. I might have a slightly biased review for this game since I'm good at the multi player but it does a good job of killing the camping element that dominates call of duty. the combination of plasmids and guns orchestrate a beautiful amount of variety while playing. Even the best of campers can't kill you more than once since they need a constant supply of eve.In short its story is a flunk and its multilayer did well. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    I f you loved the first game you WILL love this game. There is really no way to hate this game with all the content that is given. It's a fantastic shooter.
  3. Dec 7, 2012
    It's story/plot may not be as good as it's predecessor and it may lack the feel that gamers felt when playing the original for the first time, but Bioshock 2 is a fun, surprisingly and still atmospheric sequel that though not as good as it's predecessor, it still provides some brilliant moments.
  4. Sep 24, 2013
    Perfection yet again! They took an already amazing game and turned it into an amazing sequel with new characters, new enemies, and a whole new situation. You now get to see what it is like to be a big daddy and see what Rapture has now become. Not to mention and the new improvements they added to hacking! I could not have asked for a better sequel! It even adds a new version of the Big Daddy known as the Big Sister and be ready because she will give you a run for your money! Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2010
    Wow, Bioshock 2 delivers all the freakishly addictive action and suspense of the first Bioshock, but with an even more engaging story. I couldn't believe how good it was. Aside from the half-baked multiplayer addition, this game is fantastic.
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    A decent sequel, but lacks BioShock 1's attention to level detail, especially later on when the levels become more sloppy. The game feels a bit like you have been there and done it before, but even so, 2K Marin improved on the formula in many ways and even managed to tell a very meaningful and emotionally moving story too. My biggest regret is that they put you in a big daddy suit right at the beginning of the game. This took away a lot of the fear of vulnerability and kind made me feel overpowered like a superhero. Still the game has its moments like exploring outside Rapture, but I think making the player a big daddy was the wrong call. The biggest detractor for this sequel though goes to the inclusion of a pointless and expensive multiplayer mode. I really wish such an unwanted component didn't bring the score down, but it does. So there you have it. A great sequel marred only by its forced in multiplayer addition. Expand
  7. Nov 24, 2010
    While I can't say it was as original in its delivery as the first Bioshock was, and wasn't as long, it was still awesome. I enjoyed it as much, and appreciated the tweaks in the controls.
  8. Mar 11, 2011
    The gameplay is as excellent ,if not better than the first.However the story as a whole isn't nearly as good
    I loved exploring new parts of Rapture and can thoroughly recommend this to anyone.
  9. Mar 18, 2011
    BioShock 2 is one of the best games of all time,really this game is awesome and also better than the first game,is an enjoyable game with many elements of horror,this game will follow me all my life!!!!!!
  10. Jul 8, 2011
    Whilst this game wasn't quite what was expected by me upon it's release it was actually a lot better than what was expected by me, the game includes the same fantastic scenery and newer characters from Bioshock, however this game will sadly never be able to compare with the original bioshock, still a great game however
  11. Sep 16, 2011
    One hell of a sequel! "Bioshock 2" is packed with more action, more characters, more mystery, more story, more fun! Fans of the first installment should have quite a blast with this new, incredible sequel.
  12. Sep 16, 2011
    While I am aware that Bioshock 2 is not much of a environment change (considering it's still in Rapture) that in no way stops it from being quite an impressive edition. The world of Rapture has somehow gotten even more beautiful since the last time we saw it. You play as a big daddy which heightens the coolness of the game, makes you stronger, faster and all around better. The story is great, as are the characters. In my book Bioshock 2 is just as grand as the first. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2012
    I didn't think anything could beat Bioshock as my favourite game ever. that was until no2 came along. I need a 11 rating for this as i put 10 for Bioshock 1.
    The story is better, the plasmids are improved, the weapons are a step up and the fact that i can simultaneously use my weapons and plasmids really opened up the game!
    Love it, my new fav game of all time!
  14. Dec 6, 2012
    This was a very well done game an excellent succesor of the original. It is a shooter with some RPG elements which takes us back to Rapture an underwater city which captured my imagination the first time I visited. The action is very narrative driven which I love in a game and while I did not find the story quite as captivating as the original it is still very well done. I think they actually improved several aspects of the game such as the hacking mechanic which I did not enjoy in the last game. The action in this game hinges around preparing for battles with the big sister characters. Unlike Big Daddy's they are very fast and hard to pin down. The multiplayer doesn't really do much for me but that takes nothing away from a very solid single player experiance. Pick up this game if you haven't Expand
  15. Jun 25, 2013
    Its story may not be as complex as the game preceding it, but "Bioshock 2" sure does elevate nearly every gameplay element, making it a brilliantly worthy sequel.
  16. Mar 29, 2013
    While I know many will disagree with me on this, I preferred Bioshock 2 over the original. Granted it more or less is almost the same game, but just better with improved gameplay mechanics, more or less fixing and improving on things that people complained about in the first game. It is a true sequel and as such it works well. In fact this is the first game who I actually like the multiplayer. It's nowhere near as complex and developed as other online multiplayer shooters, but for me that's what I like: It was simple and straightforward. Overall: I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock 2 and look forward to Infinite. Expand
  17. Apr 19, 2013
    Volviendo a esa ciudad que me lleno de emociones, sustos y enojo.Volviendo a Rapture.

Bioshock 2.

Esta Mini-review va a hacer muy corta, no tengo mucho para decir de este juego solo algunas novedades y cosas diferentes. Este capaz no tendrá lo innovador ni lo glorioso del primero pero sigue siendo Excelente en la mayoría de las cosas y lo mas genial es que ahora sos un Big daddy. La
    historia comienza 2 años antes del primer rapture y sigue 8 años despues. Con la muerte de tales personajes(por los que no hayan jugado al 1) Lamb comienza a manipular a los Splicers gracias a una secta llamada la Familia de Rapture, liderada por el Padre Simón.

En el primer bioshock solo eran los big daddy, ahora son las big sisters, los big daddy y los alfa. Los mas jodidos entre los 3 son las Big sisters que serian las little sister ya en adolescentes.

PUNTOS A FAVOR: Todo.Ser un big daddy.

PUNTOS EN CONTRA: No innova en nada, solo algunas cosas nuevas pero nada que lo haga mejor que el 1.

Bioshock 2 es un excelente juego aunque no mejor que el 1 pero vale la pena jugarlo....ahora me voy columbia.
  18. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock 2 was definitely one of my favourite games; to begin it has one of the best story lines I have come across in a game, to fully understand it you would have needed to play the first Bioshock, but in short… A city was built incredibly deep underwater as a form of paradise away from the rest of the world, but the city had its floor including the stem cell discovery called ADAM discovered from a parasite in the ocean that caused addiction and terrible side effects as well as a civil war breaking out in rapture to earn freedom, while you play as a “Big Daddy” which is an experiment of a man connected to a girl whom collects the contents of ADAM from corpses. All of the Bioshocks have this amazing/beautiful world the developers have created, but it is once you have entered it that you see the real sinister side behind it that was hidden from you, but what I loved about the introduction to Bioshock 2 is how it shows the point of view from the “bad guys” of the game, you see how they see and how they are trapped in this glorious world of their own in shining gold and its glory when actually they are in a war-torn wreck of a world with corridors of leaking cracked glass flooded with the growth of fungi and the dead.
    The game gives a large amount of back-story to the original and teaches you the details and viewpoints of several characters while introducing new ones, while playing the game at times you get the sheer amazing feeling of being a walking tank as you plough a drill fist through the face of a splicer or light them on fire with a modified rivet gun.
    The original Bioshock was slightly more of a horror game using several scenes that will make you jump and just a scary atmosphere in general, the second Bioshock how ever didn’t have as many scary scenes but still had its moments, I still remember playing the game in my younger teens when the game came out, several moments in the game had scared the living crap out of me including suspense built by the “big sisters” in the game.
    All in all Bioshock 2 was a very amazing beautiful game and has earned a high place in my list of top games just for the sheet sights, beauty and amazing feeling of being one hell of a bad-ass.
  19. Oct 22, 2013
    Adorei, jogo assustador o jogador fica tenso em todas as fases do game se uma porta bater no local que estiver jogando com certeza você vai levar um grande susto....Recomendo.
  20. Nov 11, 2013
    I believe this game is well developed and I do agree that there are not as many twists and turns as the first but its story line is vary elaborate and entertaining.
  21. Dec 31, 2013
    I think it's just as good as the first, except feels a bit too familiar. Everything has been improved but story, and a multiplayer has been added. If you liked the first, you'll like this one, if you didn't, you won't.

Bioshock 2 gets an 8.7/10

Still, BioShock 2 not only re-captures the dystopian aesthetic, gripping narrative, and deep gameplay of Irrational's original, but it actually greatly improves on the BioShock experience as a whole, fine-tuning what made Jack's voyage to Rapture such a memorable experience two years ago.
  2. It's well over two year's since we first had the privilege to be submerged into the world of Rapture for the very first time. In contrast to the first outing, the sequel certainly delivers that same and unique feel with the combination of well thought out design and audio. It's not so much 'better' than the original, but provides enough twists and turns to keep us unadulterately submerged in this mesmerizing underwater (and demented) utopia.
  3. Rapture may not be as mysterious and intriguing this second time around, but it is nonetheless host to a powerful and moving tale that allows you to better realize--or pervert--Ryan's principles at your own discretion. Regardless of whether or not this is a return visit to paradise lost, there is plenty to be found here to make it a worthwhile, meaningful, and compelling one.