7.9

1. Dec 4, 2013
    When i first saw this i was hoping for another wonderfully terrifying visit to rapture. What I got was a re-skinned level of Infinite. A good level, mind you, but not nearly worth 15 dollars, or as good as a real trip to rapture.

Overall if you are thinking about buying this i would wait until the second chapter came out and consider a season pass. This episode is not worth 15 dollars.
  2. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review reflects my personal opinion from the DLC so far.
    I'm 1,5h into the game and thought it would be time to explain to others why they may or may not buy the DLC considering that Levine said the DLC would be arround 2/3 h.

First of all if you liked the gameplay in Bioshock Infinite then you feel at home here.
    Second, if you were looking for changes you won't find them in this DLC.
    As in "Clash in the clouds" the game mechanics are the same interesting or repetitive style depending on your point of view as Infinite.
    And this is why I personally dislike this DLC. I think that in terms of gameplay 2K/ Irrational have decreased since their original Bioshock. The enemy AI is far to aggressive and sometimes you feel overwhelmed by them. This was not considered to be a huge problem if you could easily swap med-kits or adam at any given time. But, as i personally always didn't like the Infinite gameplay, it doesn't help here that you have a shield but not those two other options. I myself am disappointed that they didn't change the vigors as seen in the trailer the fire plasmid ("got light") does not appear as vigor but they stay exactly the same as in Infinite (with the addition). They changed the features which can be obtained by money but that doesn't differ much from the core.
    IF YOU LIKED INFINITES GAMEPLAY YOU WILL LIKE IT IN THE DLC IF NOT, I'M SORRY.
    The comback of the weapon wheel doesn't change the gameplay much. Mostly all your weapons are empty nevertheless.

The other thing I didn't like was the art style. I personally think that the grafics look sometimes sloppy and almost horrible. I first thought the ice was pigeon sh... (Really!).
    The design is totally Infinite But it doesn't fit the underwater utopia as it did or did not in the skies.
    It doesn't help either that they wanted to make Rapture a living breathing place when every second woman and man look exactly the same. The environment looks good as for most part it is actually still awesome to look through the windows into the sea. But I think they spent more time with this kind of atmosphere than they did with the inside environment. They look uninspired and mostly dull. Gone is the atmosphere which once inhabited the Rapture of 2007. It is not dark but shallow nowadays.
    Concerning the story it is so far intriguing but mostly complicated as we know it.
    I will not base the verdict on it so far for me it is mediocre but as I haven't fully finished it I don't take it into account.
    The review shall reflect my opinion on the atmosphere/ style/ art aspect of the DLC.
    As an answer to Levines statement that they made quality over quantity considering just 2/3 h of DLC I personally disagree as for the 360 Version neither the gameplay nor the design reflects any of that inspirational saying.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    It was nice to return to Rapture before the fall. The DLC is really short and not overall impressive or immersive. The return of the Big Daddys and the Little Sisters is great, but the somewhat recycled and predictable storyline is not.
  4. Jan 29, 2014
    The DLC is good but ultimately it is has a few really big flaws. For one thing it is really short, and also the story was a bit of a disappointment. It had its interesting moments but the ending wasn't really that surprising and it was a bit of a letdown. The combat remains for the most part the same. The new weapon that was added was fun to use along with the new plasmid. Overall if youThe DLC is good but ultimately it is has a few really big flaws. For one thing it is really short, and also the story was a bit of a disappointment. It had its interesting moments but the ending wasn't really that surprising and it was a bit of a letdown. The combat remains for the most part the same. The new weapon that was added was fun to use along with the new plasmid. Overall if you are a big fan of bioshock i would say get it but if you are on the fence about it i would say consider not buying it. You really won't be missing that much story wise. A lot of the DLC involved very little actual story and it had a lot of moments where you had to fetch an item or close certain grates. Overall not bad but certainly not great either. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea DLC has great expectations from us gamers and for the most part upholds them.

If you have played the original two bioshocks then you will look at this DLC with the want and need to see Rapture in a new light and explore what we all once knew as the home of Bioshock. For the most part the DLC does this great, giving you lavish helpings of Rapture awesomeness and then the old splicers are back too, reminding you how amazing it was to explore a city under the sea.

The only real let down for this DLC in my opinion was how it gave me all this, but took it away so fast, as the DLC weighs in around 2-4 hours depending on how much you explore for extra's and easter eggs.

If you bought the season pass early on (like myself) you will be happy with the first Inifinite proper DLC (in my opinion) and it definitely makes you want the 2nd episode.

1. Jan 3, 2014
    Burial at Sea could have been one big salutation of the first Bioshock and in some moments, it is. But unfortunately the concept is wasted by not having a good enough story. Hopefully the second episode will make Burial at Sea worthwhile. Meanwhile, save your money.
  2. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2013
    Beautifully presented and fantastic fun to play. [Jan 2014, p.80]
  3. Dec 8, 2013
    Shorter and less satisfying than what we've come to expect from a BioShock game.