8.3

1. Jul 30, 2014
    The way this DLC wraps up the series is simply outstanding and perfect. To have the best experience, make sure you've completed the first two Bioshocks. To my surprise, the game's approach to stealth wasn't deceiving, but overall it's the story that really stands out. A must.
  2. Jun 3, 2014
    Absolutely the most depressing game I've ever played, Episode two really topped it off in the most upsetting way possible. First two Bioshock games were immense, this one just left me cold, game play was ok, stealth based combat, played out ok, but the storyline, awfully sad.
  3. May 26, 2014
    1 last EPIC thrill with everyone's favorite sidekick, Elizabeth!

This final chapter with the "former" damsel in distress, as she lurks her way through monstrous Big Daddies and hardened splicers in the always dangerous Rapture A search for closure, not just for elizabeth, but for the player as well, are thrown in rapture to find sally and save her, thats all. This final DLC is
    1 last EPIC thrill with everyone's favorite sidekick, Elizabeth!

This final DLC is focused on closure, story and moment you won't soon forget, like "how the bond-between the big and little sisters got started"

It's been a blast irrational games enjoyed ALL your work ;)

To with that I end....... To infinity..... AND BEYOND!!!
  4. May 16, 2014
    If you care about the story at all DO NOT BUY THESE DLCS. They have bits that are internally inconsistent and completely ruin it... not to mention the ending is complete crap.
  5. May 1, 2014
    I cannot believe that I must say that I hated this.I did not enjoy playing as Elizabeth at all.No tears?Pretend stealth?Irrationals ridiculous 'circle of life' to make ends meet just as they close the studio?Look,Bioshock is still the greatest game ever created by quite a distance.Infinite is close behind,as is Minervas's Den.I've read the novel a half dozen times and I followed B2'sI cannot believe that I must say that I hated this.I did not enjoy playing as Elizabeth at all.No tears?Pretend stealth?Irrationals ridiculous 'circle of life' to make ends meet just as they close the studio?Look,Bioshock is still the greatest game ever created by quite a distance.Infinite is close behind,as is Minervas's Den.I've read the novel a half dozen times and I followed B2's build-up closely.Theres's almost nothing that I don't love or know about all of it.Friends,forgive my lowly 5.We'll probably never see or hear of Columbia again.Giving it a 5 BECAUSE it's Bioshock is humiliating for me... Expand
  6. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Condensed]

The main tool you'll be using is a crossbow with darts that knock your opponents out with ease, and some wisely chosen knickknacks like fire crackers and gas- to round out your already hefty array of powers and gadgets. The stealth oriented gameplay is amplified by the ability to use an almost 'detective vision' type of sight and see your enemies through objects, as well as the ability to essentially turn invisible and lurk about in the shadows. As much as I loved the explosive action of the Bioshock titles in the past, it is neat to see another twist for a change- and stealth is as good as any I've thought of before, as twist mechanics go. The ending ends up being very apropos, and you'll definitely love every bit of story this time around- making it much more interesting than part one was, and also a bit more bittersweetbitter. I loved every moment of this episode, even if I wasn't willing to fully let go in the end.

Concept: Irrational's final tribute to Rapture and the culmination of a trilogy's worth of content in one brief, concise story that will continue the revelations we thought were already unveiled accordingly. Truly a masterful finish if there ever was any.

Graphics: Still utilizes the same system branch-off of Unreal Engine 3 that the main title and Episode One also utilized, with great success.

Sound: Remember all the voices we heard in Rapture and Columbia? Well, chances are most of them are back, or Irrational at least got excellent copycats to voice their slightly different characters here.

Playability: The controls are as tight and easy to handle as they were in the main title and the first downloadable story episode, and still manage to add in uses for new weapons and gadgets as well, on top of that fact.

Entertainment: It takes a different approach, especially during combat, but is no worse off for it. In fact, it's actually more fun than I had in episode one.

Replay Value: Moderate.

Overall Score: 8.5
  7. Apr 13, 2014
    Burial at Sea- Episode 2 is basically Ken Levine's way of tying the stories of the original BioShock and BioShock: Infinite together before disbanding his development studio.

The gameplay is great and has very little flaws, if any. It even adds some much needed variety to the base game's gameplay with the new stealth mechanics. Rapture looks better than ever, which is a real trip for

Rapture looks better than ever, which is a real trip for a fan of the original BioShock.

While the time travel and alternate reality involved story was expertly crafted and tied together in the style of "Back to the Future Part 2" or "Donnie Darko", it didn't seem all that necessary in the end. As a BioShock fan, I can tell you with confidence that the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite were amazing games all on their own. Tying them together seems like an afterthought. By no means does that make the game bad, but at the end of the day, the BioShock series wouldn't be any better or worse without it.

I would recommend this to hardcore BioShock fans, but for anyone else, it isn't essential.
  8. Mar 29, 2014
    A year or two ago my brother said if he had one wish it would be to have the bioshock experience for the first time again. He was not wrong. If you never play anything else, play bioshock all the way through. Burial at sea 2 completes a mind bending saga that left me in tears. Game mechanics are great for this last episode, though I found it hard to survive and follow the story at theA year or two ago my brother said if he had one wish it would be to have the bioshock experience for the first time again. He was not wrong. If you never play anything else, play bioshock all the way through. Burial at sea 2 completes a mind bending saga that left me in tears. Game mechanics are great for this last episode, though I found it hard to survive and follow the story at the same time. This is as good as it gets. Start at the beginning and play through. If you don't cry, you're not human. Incinerate yourself. Expand
  9. Mar 29, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two rights the wrongs of the first epidsode while encorporating great use of stealth gameplay elements and provides a worthy conclusion to Bioshock Infinite.
  10. Mar 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The long-awaited and highly anticipated finale of the Bioshock saga has arrived and it is brilliant! With awe-inspiring graphics, an amazing story that ties the series together, and plenty of fan service, fans will enjoy this! Compared to Episode One, Episode Two is much better with improvements of pacing and overall presentation and also is a strong conclusion to not just Burial at Sea, but to Bioshock as a series (for now). I can definitely see why some people won't like this though; unlike the previous Bioshock games, I found there to be less combat in this episode and found myself more-so using wits to get out of situations and some fans may not like that, this is definitely more story-driven compared to Episode One. Also some fans may not like that they can't play as an Elizabeth that has powers (opening tears and what not) - but I was fine with that. There is also a large element of the game that is in Columbia, so those who didn't like Infinite (even though it was amazing) may be disappointed. As a whole, I think Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two is a fantastic closure to a series that has provided me with giddy happiness for many years and fans will surely love this (well, hopefully) and thank you Irrational Games for a fantastic experience! Expand
  11. Jul 30, 2014

One of the series' highest points. [June 2014, p.90]
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    For those who purchased Burial at Sea Episode 1 and felt burned by the lack of content, Episode 2 is a fuller package, and worth picking up to finish the story.
    A slightly uneven but still arresting journey back to BioShock’s past, future, and present that makes a worthy protagonist out of Elizabeth, while introducing some downright cool new gameplay into the series’ mix.