5.9

1. Aug 15, 2013
    Did anyone want this? I only got this, because I bought the season pass. While the action in Bioshock Infinite is good, it's generally not what most people play for, I don't think. Bioshock without story, is severely lacking in my book. That being said, what is here is reasonably well done, it's just not what I want in an expansion to a game with such an amazing narrative.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    First off, I will say that Irrational has done a good job creating these challenge maps and you can tell that they spent time and effort on them. They are a fun little addition to the game, and $5 is the right price for the DLC. However, I am a bit disappointed that not every DLC released for Bioshock Infinite will be a story DLC. Irrational writes the best storylines for games out of anyFirst off, I will say that Irrational has done a good job creating these challenge maps and you can tell that they spent time and effort on them. They are a fun little addition to the game, and $5 is the right price for the DLC. However, I am a bit disappointed that not every DLC released for Bioshock Infinite will be a story DLC. Irrational writes the best storylines for games out of any developer whose games I have played, so it is a sort of puzzling why they wouldn't make all 3 DLC packs story DLC. In my opinion Clash in the Clouds is a waste of one of the three DLCs included in the Season Pass, and we already know what the other two will be, and they'll be two episodes of one storyline. I was hoping we would get atleast two completely new and innovative storylines amongst the three DLCs, and while CitC is good and fun, and I'm really looking forward to Burial at Sea, I wish they could've made this DLC a story one instead of just a filler is the way I see it. I do like how you can use the money you earn in the game to unlock concept art and other things in the gallery, but if you don't enjoy running around a small map facing waves of enemies and earning money to upgrade weapons and vigors, then this probably isn't a buy for you. Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    For Bioshock fans wanting an amazing story-based DLC, then this is not for you. For Bioshock fans wanting mindlessly enjoyed gameplay, then Clash in the Cloud IS for you. I am personally disappointed that Bioshock would make a game like this, since they are a more story-driven brand but the game at best does provide some mindless entertainment with nice level designs and graphics. WhyFor Bioshock fans wanting an amazing story-based DLC, then this is not for you. For Bioshock fans wanting mindlessly enjoyed gameplay, then Clash in the Cloud IS for you. I am personally disappointed that Bioshock would make a game like this, since they are a more story-driven brand but the game at best does provide some mindless entertainment with nice level designs and graphics. Why play the lame Call of Duty multiplayers when you can play this! It is much prettier and provides the same mindless entertainment! Expand

1. Games Master UK
    Sep 18, 2013
    A fine idea, but Infinite's combat isn't quite visceral enough to keep you (sky)hooked. [Nov 2013, p.69]
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is a decent enough diversion until the main event, Burial at Sea, eventually arrives. For as long as the leaderboards and museum can keep you entertained, there’s nothing inherently wrong with what Clash in the Clouds is offering.
  3. Aug 19, 2013
    Clash in the Clouds is a good example of what DLC should be like. Instead of bringing more of the same, it does something completely new. It makes you experience Bioshock: Infinite from a completely different perspective en pushes you to do the best you can. Even if you get through all four arena’s and manage to get every collectible, there’s still the challenge of beating your high score.