8.5

1. Mar 28, 2013
    As a fan of the franchise, I have been looking forward to BioShock: Infinite for a long time...and it was worth the wait. BioShock: Infinite is an absolutely beautiful and amazing instalment to the franchise that is both filled with breath-taking graphs and heart-pounding moments. The game's story is original and well-executed and in BioShock fashion, it takes you to place you'd never expect to go. In my opinion, this game is flawless and since being a huge fan, some moments nearly brought me to tears due to awe! This alongside the original is no doubt to best game ever and is like I said completely flawless. A ground-breaking work of art that will inspire many games in the future. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    As this generation of console is coming to a close, gamers are spoiled for choice in terms of quality games to buy. This generation is also recognized as a proof that Western Developers are eclipsing their Japanese counterparts. Sure, many of their outputs are low brow, violent, military shooters, a trend that seems to sell games by the millions. Nevertheless, western games 'auteurs'? Well, they are not as 'prevalent' as in Japan, but with Bioshock Infinite, we can finally say that Ken Levine is indeed one of such type of game developers, standing along legendary game makers such as Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto. Infinite is an incredibly beautiful game, pushing current hardware to the max. It's a FPS at heart, but it contains a narrative drive and worldview that is truly great. Surprisingly poignant storyline is coupled with jaw dropping set pieces. It has a great AI partner that really helps you in a bind, but at the same time really forms the core of the story. The world of Columbia is so detailed, 'Miyazaki'-eqsue at times, and its immersive nature is done without a nary of cut scenes in sight. Is Infinite one of the best game of this generation? Yes it is. And along with other great games coming in the last two months, such as Tomb Raider and MG Rising, will definitely leave a mark on your finances! Expand
  3. Apr 13, 2013
    Better get this out of the way early, I like the Bioshock franchise, hell I love it to bits but there is liking a game and then understanding that a game was overrated and liked for the wrong reasons (glaring over at Bioshock 1). Bioshock 1 was System Shock 2 (the developer, Irrational Games, previous title) to a T, hell it even ripped half the name off it. System Shock 2 was a game that had been made nearly 10 years earlier and for quite a lot of people did the job a damn lot better than Bioshock did. Anyway I digress, on with Bioshock Infinite.
    You are Booker DeWitt, a man sent to pay off a debt by capturing a girl named Elizabeth from the flying city of Columbia and bringing her back to New York. However soon after arriving on Columbia you are marked out as the Antichrist that will destroy Columbia. Eventually you find Elizabeth and begin your journey to New York (or as she is lead to believe, Paris) but are stopped time and time again by dark secrets about Columbia, Elizabeth and yourself as well as a majority of the supporting cast. The story gets pretty out of control rather quickly from then on and is probably better left to first hand experience but make sure you bring some migraine tablets and someone with a Masters Degree in Quantum Mechanics otherwise you'll have no clue what on Earth has happened by the end of the game (and the funny part is you think I'm joking about the Quantum Physicist).
    The game plays like the past 2 Bioshock games but with a faster pace, better shooting mechanics and half a ton less ammo (which is a bit odd considering the amount of weapons there are just laying around) Plasmids are back but they are Vigour's now and you can also use a special tonic thing to upgrade your health, shield and Salt (the substitute for Eve) but unfortunately these are rather scarce and make the feature near pointless. Also the audio logs are back and this makes the story even harder to understand when you miss one of the bastards because they are so well hidden.
    The game looks pretty gorgeous but the console versions suffer from muddy textures, slow frame rates and the lack of mouse & Keyboard controls making the PC version much superior but its nothing that shouldn't be expected from the ageing consoles this late into their lifespan.
    In short Bioshock Infinite is the best Bioshock game yet, probably one of the best games of the year but its still early days (It is only March after all) but it is still getting too much hype for it shouldn't be taking credit for, plus what's with the love of steampunk since Bioshock 1 landed? Its like people treat it as though its a new thing.
  4. Apr 11, 2013
    After 2012 not having any games that I have played get over a 9.5. So will Bioshock infinite change that or will it fall short? Bioshock is an fantastic game and it deserves all the great review and money its getting. First of the floating city of Columbia is such a beautiful place and is done better then the underwater city of Rapture. But things do get darker and grimmer as the game goes on. Power you get are really cool unlike the first 2 games I have not found any of them usless. Story is great with couple of great twists and turns while playing through it. The new sky lines are fun to use and can be tense at times. New charactors are well done. Enimies are a bit easy until you face a handy man, sort of like big dadfys but much harder. My only con for this game is their is only one ending witch spoils the chances for replay value. But the one ending is really good witch I did not see coming at all. Overall Bioshock Infinite fantasic game and its worth every piece of money. Bioshock Infinite 9.6/10 Expand
  5. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've never been a huge fan of FPS games. They all seemed generic, following the same military style of story and gameplay. However, all my preconceptions about FPS games were destroyed by the original Bioshock, a game that seemed to show the potential of the genre. I didn't think any FPS game could surpass the brilliance of Bioshock. As you might have guessed, I was proved wrong. Bioshock Infinite not only surpasses the original Bioshock, it is also one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Like the original, Bioshock Infinite is set in a very unique and bizarre world. The floating city of Columbia is, dare I say it, even cooler to explore than the underwater city of Rapture before it. Part of Columbia's charm comes from the art direction, which is amazing. Every building and detail of the city seems to bask in the sun's light, and everything has a beautiful glow to it. Granted, there's a lack of textures, however it doesn't even matter that much (I've heard this isn't an issue with the PC version). Columbia is just amazing to look at.

The gameplay in Bioshock Infinite is very familiar, but also very refined. You still have guns and Vigors (which are essentially Plasmids) which is all standard Bioshock affair. However, the Vigors in this game are far more satisfying to use than the Plasmids. Nothing is quite as cool as using the Bucking Bronco Vigor to launch enemies in the air, only then to send a Murder of Crows at them. There are 2 cools new additions to combat. First is the skyline, which can be used to zip around and attack enemies from various positions. The second is Elizabeth, who can open tears and bring in ammo, turrets, and other useful assets during combat. The only gripe I have with the combat in this game is that you can only hold 2 guns at a time, which is a shame.

You can't do a review of Bioshock Infinite without mentioning Elizabeth. Everything about her is just awesome. For one thing, you never have to worry about her, as she takes care of herself during combat. She also helps you by tossing you ammo, money, salts, and health packs. Her dialogue, voice acting, and character emotions all contribute to make her believable, interesting, and vital to the game's core experience. She's also very crucial to the plot.

The story here is amazing, plain and simple. It starts off pretty basic, "Bring us the girl, repay the debt". However, as the game progresses, the narrative evolves into something very fascinating and foreign, but at the same time very familiar. The most notable moment of this game is the ending, which is, simply put, one of the best endings to any video game you'll ever play. It not only reconstructs the entire narrative of Bioshock Infinite, it also completely reinvents how you viewed the original Bioshock. The ending alone makes this game masterful.

Simply put, this game is a masterpiece. Do yourself a favor and just play it. I honestly didn't think it would be this good, but I was proved wrong. It's an understatement to say this is just one of the best games of 2013. Bioshock Infinite is, without a doubt, one of the absolute best games of this generation.

9.7/10
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    There's nothing else to say about the atmosphere and setting. It's the gameplay which hooked me. It's better than ever and I can't stop playing for that reason alone, and the rest of the game is almost impossibly good. The first bioshock had the atmosphere but game play was a little off. The gameplay in the second bioshock was better but the atmosphere not quite as good. Infinites has better gameplay than the best from 2, and a better atmosphere than the best from 1. I'm trying to avoid saying 'Best Game Ever' or 'Best Game This Generation' but..... um..... yeah. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2014
    Anything i say about this game has already been said, with that in mind, this game IS **** FANTASTIC, story, art and characters are astonishing, the first game since Dead Space that has really managed to keep me interested and involved with the game's plot and lore, the only real negative things about BioShock Infinite is the fact that the game was spoiled for me and that its 2 short, therefore not enough plot points are fleshed out, dlc hopefully will fix this problem, also it has some of the worst Boss fights ever put in a shooter, their very goddamn annoying, least theirs not much, and last of all they get rid of important features from the 1st BioShock, this being medpacks that u hold on 2, jeezzz they would have come in handy

WOuld U Kindly buy the **** game
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With jaw-dropping visuals,audio,voice acting and story,Bioshock Infinite is a masterly crafted game worthy of standing beside the likes of Bioshock and Half-Life 2.Actually experiencing Columbia and its fall is truly amazing as the world changes around you and the war progresses,getting darker and more chaotic.Experimenting with the Vigors is awesome with my favourite being Possession,while setting various traps and using Undertow is always awe inspiring.The Skyline system is great fun and adds an exciting element to the city,especially during combat.If I had a serious issue it would be regarding weapons.Woe betide those like myself who prefer to use the Handcannon and RPG,but can't.You'll be out of ammo within a minute during larger battles(though vending machines are often close by) and the two weapon system makes little sense.Whether its two pistols or two heavy weapons,that's all you can carry and four would have been the smarter choice,especially considering the number of weapons in the game.That said,Bioshock Infinite wowed me throughout its entirety and I cannot wait to experience more stories of Columbia. Expand
  9. Apr 15, 2013
    BioShock Infinite isn't a merely a game, it's an experience, one that will leave you questioning everything you know and sad that never again will there be a game so complete.
  10. DME
    Apr 10, 2013
    The graphics and environments are great. The story is excellent, so long as you have the mind to make sense of it (it increasingly becomes more complicated). However, the ending to the story, while satisfying, just wasn't paced very well. The combat is a lot of fun, especially with the SkyHook. Unfortunately, though, you're restricted to being able to carry only two weapons at a time, which I believe was a poor design choice. Weapon and Vigor upgrades are useful, but unimaginative. Now, the most damning part of the game is frequent moments when your immersion is broken, due to contrived character behaviors. For example, Elizabeth will have an emotional scene where she is very angry and confused, but then suddenly become happy again the moment the scene is over. It also bothered me how a lot of unimportant NPCs many times don't acknowledge you. They just ignore you as you loot drawers and trashcans and jump up and down in front of them. You can't interact with them very much, and I feel it takes you out of the game. Also, the whole concept of "stealing" in the game was implemented horribly. Nobody bats an eye if you raid their desks and cabinets, but if you grab a certain item that the game decides is not okay, then suddenly 50 people start mowing you down with guns (because apparently, stealing is punishable by death). But problems aside, Bioshock Infinite is a really awesome game, but it's just far from perfection. If you can look past its faults, you can really enjoy this title. Expand
  11. May 25, 2013
    The most outstanding video game of this generation! Bioshock Infinite is a game that should be played for years and deserves a GOTY award hands down! Truly AMAZING!!!
  12. Jun 27, 2013
    So, every now and again a game comes along which brakes down barriers. We've seen what the likes of Mario, Resident Evil, Gears of War, GTA and Zelda have done to gaming. All these games defined eras and sent us in to a new generation. Bioshock Infinite does that with this generation, giving us the ultimate bow out so we can go in to this new generation of gaming with a sweet taste of victory in our mouth from playing such a momentous game. The game play is incredibly smart and tactical, it suits your needs. If you're a fan of long range combat, it will adapt to how you like to play. If you like to mix it up like me, that's okay too. The customizable and interchangeable weapon and powers system is incredibly smart and well thought out for every breed of gamer. The character and story development is as good as anything I've ever seen. Most Hollywood blockbusters don't have the power like this game had. It truly had me emotionally invested and thinking about the game for weeks if not months after playing it. Still to this day I think about the outstanding feats of the game, and how it delivered on every level. I truly feel Bioshock Infinite got everything right, it was a masterclass in production, gameplay, acting, design, art, story, character and everything you need or want to make a perfect game. I honestly feel this is probably the greatest game of all time. Expand
  13. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  14. Apr 5, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a crazy game. It's story, while somewhat confusing, is very well done. The shooter mechanics also work really well, providing a diversion from many current shooters.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    I finished the game and my mind was blown according to all the comments and reviews I had read. The story is a perfect "10". You rarely see such a concept so well realised and thouroughly thought of. What it does that exceeds the movies that accomplish that too is that as a game, BioShock Infinite has a consistent theme. The Infinite as it is depicted even in it's gameplay. It's fitting.

Its gameplay is well balanced and the exploration is great thanks to the immersive world that Columbia is. The graphics engine is old and that is the biggest problem with the game as it has overstayed its welcome. If it was built on a new engine it could easily (through its beautiful art) grab the perfect score and be a contender for the "game of this gen". It still is, but it still bothers me that it's not technically proficient. It's well built and has no problems and rare framedrops.

All in all, it's one of the best stories ever conceived for a video game has some great plot twists and the way that the story gives away the info that hold it together is perfect. It's a better game than its predecessors and although it doesn't have the same impact with its atmosphere, it does a great job at what it aims to do. Give you an experience you won't forget.
  16. Rem
    Apr 21, 2013
    This game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff dark history hero. His interactions with the young and beautiful Elizabeth paints an astounding chemistry of a father-daughter relationship. Finally the ending, the ending in short was not what I wanted. Does that it mean it was bad? No, it means that it was perfect in its complexity and design and the final scenes it has to offer got me rushing straight to the forums. Games like that are few and far between, but this one does it better. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is the game I wanted and a true successor to the original Bioshock and in some ways, may surpass it. Irrational Games have always created the most cherished and most ambitious games in history. Like their awesome games, Will the Circle Be Unbroken? Hopefully not. Expand
  17. Mar 10, 2014
    Un excelente juego, casi al climax del primero, una historia impresionate, una calidad grafica sobrecogedora y la ciudad de Columbia, y por supuesto el personaje de Elizabeth, que es de lo mejor del juego, mi punto en contra seria que conforme avanzas el juego se vuelve mas lineal quitando el factor de exploracion que distinguia al Bioshock original, los vigorizadores no son tan espectaculares como los adams. Expand
  18. Jan 9, 2014
    The first Bioshock is a great videogame, one of my favourites. It blended a dark toned atmosphere and wonderful art styling born of brilliantly influenced ideas with balls to the walls action and an excellent story with a twist that had me questioning my motives of all previous games I have played. Bioshock 2 was a torrid sack of crap cash cow that missed the point of it's predecessor. Bioshock Infinite is my game of the year for 2013, not that that means **** but I loved it. The gameplay is more the same but you can't complain (apart from the massive leap in difficulty when you meet the handymen) however this time the creepy atmosphere is within an almost Disneyesque world set in the clouds made up of the same standard of artwork that was put into Rapture. The story is fantastic, the end had me thinking for two days, piecing together all the things I had seen while playing the game and seeing them in a different light after the final twist and immediately wanted to play through again and it felt like a different game when you are looking for the significance of the answers rather than just the answers you found in the first play through but in the first play through you don't know the questions till after the twist. The characters are just as colourful as the original while at the same time not kissing it's ass by copy and pasting the villain structure. This game is a must buy. Expand
  19. Apr 5, 2013
    this game is epic. i love the bioshock series and this one is no doubt the best one. the setting columbia is beautiful and breathtaking, the vigors are powerful and fun to use, the gunplay is vastly improved over the other games and elizabeth is the best videogame companion in recent memory! The story is well told and will definitely you. the skyhook is fun as well. everything about this game is fantastic which is expected of the bioshock series. It definitely deserves to be a part of any gamers collection...its just that damn good! so do yourself a favor and buy this masterpiece and enjoy adventuring with elizabeth in columbia. Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is not only one of the best story-driven games, but it’s one of the best games ever. With a fantastic chemistry between the game’s two central characters, one of the most stunningly realised game worlds, some excellent game mechanics, incredible production values and a frankly genius story, it’s a game that simply everyone and his dog must own.
  21. May 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite triumphs over all of todays modern military shooters delivering a complex story, evolved gameplay mechanics and only falling short on sound design and graphics. Anyone that gives this a bad review is an obnoxious COD fanboy who have no right to be posting their "superior opinion" it is time that people grow up and look for an intelligent shooter like this.
  22. Apr 6, 2013
    The Original BioShock is one of the best games of this generation of consoles, and it has been proven. Here's Why: No game makes you feel scared though connected with a deep, sort of moral storyline you actually have to build yourself. BioShock had one of the best ambiance and story in video games, and BioShock Infinite follows the step of its predecessor in a similar, only less creepy way.
    The story starts as simple as it can be: You are Booker DeWitt, private investigator, who owes money to some mysterious man. To clean his debt, he must go to the flying city of Columbia and bring a girl called Elizabeth back to New York. As he does this, he will discover that Columbia is a city at war between the religious, rich side of the town that are followers of prophet and founder Zachary Comstock, and the poor, less privileged side of the town that are the rebels also known as the Vox Populi. But this that I've just told you means nothing at the end of BioShock Infinite, which has one of the most twisted and confusing endings in video game, that will leave us thinking for a long time. Not gonna post Spoilers, but boy, it will get you. BioShock Infinite is also great by its visual spectacle. The original BioShock with its overwhelming art design and "art deco" architecture was already mind blowing. The Sky city of Columbia is even more impressive. As I played it on Xbox 360, I wasn't lucky enough to have the high resolution textures from the PC. ANYWAY, the game still looks amazing. Sometimes, breathtaking moments will push us to enjoy the sights the game offers.
    Storywise, we've already told you the game is good, but even though it is confusing as hell, still BioShock Infinite has its plot holes, some of them really important, not to understand the story but to get some things cleared out. One obvious is how the hell Elizabeth (Your companion AI) got those powers. You will ask yourself that more in the ending that in the middle of the game.
    Talking about Gameplay, BioShock Infinite is mostly successful. You have a pretty wide variety of guns, and vigors. You will need Ammo for the weapons, and salts for the vigors, really similar to the original game's functionality. If you are in a tight situation, Elizabeth will stock you with Ammo, Salts, Health or Money. But there are some annoying aspects such as not changing the vigors: The game lets you have two vigors, but if you drink one more, one of them is replaced FOREVER. That is really bad as one of my favourite vigors, Possession, could only been used for the first quarter of the game before being replaced with some useless ones. Also, you have upgrade stations, although still it does not seem to have much effect when you are playing. They are small flaws to how fun and awesome you feel once you kill the really, REALLY hard bosses, or when you make your enemies float and shoot them one by one with the shotgun.
    There is no multiplayer or Co-op. That is not bad, but it is when the game has little replayability. It is a consistent game, about 10 hours long if you play it in a medium difficulty. Still, there is no much reason to take the ride again, only if you want to clear your mind again. BUT this game encourages you to play something else again: The original BioShock. Yes Infinite is a prequel, one hard to get in that sense, but a successful one.
    Overall, BioShock Infinite is as good as the same one. Yes, I missed the creepy ambiance of the first one, but not the story, as BioShock Infinite has that and more.
  23. Apr 8, 2013
    Amazing Graphics, Game play, etc. but the thing that sold me about this game is that it touches religion and
    politics, also racial diversity and it is ironic how heaven can be so evil.
  24. Apr 22, 2013
    This is an excellent swan song for the 360. This beautiful well made game has been the beautiful story driven game I've been waiting (way too long) for. The use of weapons and plasmids, sorry vigors is just as fun and flexible as in the Rapture based games. It took everything we loved from the first game and transplanted them into this new venue. Now I don't feel that it surpassed the original (except in graphics) It did a great job with gameplay and storytelling but I don't think it really kicked it up a notch. Thats not a complaint, keeping the franchise on par with the original is a huge job which they did well. The addition of the skyhook was fun, allowing you to travel quickly above and below enemies giving fights more depth. The best addition is hands down Elizabeth. Having a companion who not only didn't need babysitting but actually helped YOU out during fights is an awesome feat which many games struggle with. It more than the new locale is what really made this feel like it was worth the wait. The only quibble I was left with was the fact that the story while interesting did not draw me in like Rapture did the first time. I know that judging it by its predecessor is not totally fair but it is what I kept thinking. And yes there is a twist at the end which I did not see coming and I was tying my brain in knots trying to predict what it would be. Bottom line is definitely buy it. It is a fun game with an engaging story, even if it did not surpass my high expectations it was still very good. Expand
  25. Mar 26, 2013
    It's not often I give a perfect score, but this game earns it. You're pulled into an atmospheric world that brims with life and festivities. Most everyone you encounter has something to say and has an aura to them. It's a game you need to take slow to enjoy every aspect of, there's beauty and depth throughout the entire game. The narrative is extraordinary, the character you play as (Booker DeWitt) story unfolds through the progression of the game, you always feel there's something more to him. But the character that you come to rescue (Elizabeth) drives the story more than anything and gains your affection and care. Comstock serves as a great villain and the world of Columbia is like none other. While Infinite undoubtedly feels like a Bioshock game, combat has been balanced and flows fluently through playtime. The most miraculous things in this game are just pit stops or novelties, discussions heard abroad or a barbershop quartet singing singing a Beach Boys song as they float aloft. Infinite flips between story, and action at a great rate and fuses the two well, for near perfect progression. The game is flawless and will stand as a marvel in video game history. The ending will be something discussed for a long time in the future, you're doing a disservice to yourself if you don't get this game, it's one of the best I've ever played. Expand
  26. May 16, 2014
    I haven't played the first 2 bioshocks but wow this game is great i picked up on the story line with some research. very well out together game the story is fantastic very impressed with how this game was developed everything fits in well deep story behind it, the combat to the character built up is great. its a must get. 9.5/10
  27. Mar 26, 2013
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS Full Review to follow:

Bioshock Infinite, despite it's lofty expectations and undeniably "sky high" promises from creative powerhouse Irrational Games, is an incredible achievement in interactive entertainment. From the incredible art style to the story, the well written script to Columbia itself, Bioshock Infinite is more than just a game on disc; it's an incredibly
    and thoughtfully created world quite unlike most games of today just waiting to be explored. Attention to detail is where it starts, and it only grows from there. The world feels alive, from the propaganda littering the streets to the way Elizabeth reacts to certain discoveries while you both slowly crawl around Columbia's cityscape. It's a game that doesn't hold your hand, freely allowing you to explore Columbia at your own pace. There's plenty off the beaten path, but it never forces the player to find it. You have to be invested, curious, and interested. Playing Bioshock just to get to the next shootout is not playing Bioshock Infinite at all. The gameplay, while I haven't had any major battles featuring the skylines, feels tighter and much more action packed, peppered by intense battles and a lethal arsenal. The level design is also incredibly unique, featuring some truly stunning moments even within the first few hours. Now, the game isn't without some faults. Flat textures abound on consoles, but it is a far from ugly game (far from it actually). Elizabeth also sometimes moves around way too much (I assume she is attempting to focus on the player's location, and the AI engine can't decide what to do), giving her a sense of a hyper curious person. It doesn't ruin the experience, but it is a little jarring as at certain points she is incredibly life like, and others feels like an NPC deciding where to stand. That being said, Elizabeth is impressive so far. Her animations are stupendous, facial animations are stunning, and the voice work (for everyone, at that) is spot on. I have yet to jump into the meat of the story, as I'm taking this game very slow, but so far the wait has been worth it. Well worth it. Expand
  28. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay. It trips over itself in a couple of spots, but not in any way that should keep you from embracing it with your utmost enthusiasm. Expand
  29. Jun 3, 2013
    Words can't express how much I appreciate the confusing yet genius story of Bioshock Infinite. It takes a few playthroughs to completely get it, but once you do, you can't help but admire the mind of Ken Levine. I'm a Christian, but he gave thoughtful commentary on religion and cults in such a way that I wasn't offended by anything in the game.

As for gameplay, they took everything
    great from the previous entries and expanded on them. I didn't think they could make it better, but they did. I absolutely loved jumping from skyhook to skyhook while shooting guns and vigors. And 1999 Mode is no joke. It's difficult, but not overly so (only got hung up on one or two parts).

Overall, it's just as good as the first entry in the series, but in a refreshing new environment. And that's saying a lot. Try it out!
  30. Jun 9, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an absolutely fantastic game. The original Bioshock definitely presented some original and good material such as the scenery and themes incorporated into that shooter. This new Bioshock makes great improvements and is one of my favorite Xbox 360 games.

The scenery of Rapture in the first Bioshock was awesome. Columbia in this Bioshock is also awesome. It's a city in
    the clouds and it is incredibly beautiful. There are very vibrant and vivid colors in this game that work very well. With the city you also get skyrails which are incredibly fun to ride on and attack enemies from.

The characters in this game all have a distinct purpose and are all awesome. Booker DeWitt, Comstock, Fink, and Daisy Fitzroy are just a few of this great characters. With great characters, you also get a great story. The plot twist I didn't even see coming and it was incredibly shocking.

I do have a couple of minor gripes with this game. While I did love the patriots at first, you grow to dislike them by the end of the game, because they are overused. The plot is fantastic, but it still could have flowed better. Still even with those complaints I enjoyed this game a whole lot.
  31. Dec 31, 2013
    I loved the first two games, and after playing through this one, I found it to be the best of the three. The action and combat improved slightly, and the skyhook system is amazing, but I think where the game really shines is in story. Now I won't give anything away, but it seems to have a basic concept at the beginning: Get the girl, wipe away the debt. There is far more than this to find that you will uncover throughout the game. It's honestly better than some movies out there, the idea is THAT good. Some of the enemies you will encounter seem a bit unnecessary, mostly the bosses, and aren't as interesting as they were in the first two, but it doesn't affect the game or matter much, considering how awesome and amazing the rest of it is.

Bioshock: Infinite gets a 9.5/10
  32. Mar 28, 2013
    Incredible game! The only medium that has aptly portrayed the other dimensions theory intelligently. The gameplay is quite fun and one of the best AI's for a npc and enemies alike. I am ecstatic there isn't a tacked on multiplayer trying to nickle and dime consumers. Atta boy.
  33. Mar 1, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite was stuck in development for a long time, but it is finally hear and it is worth the wait. Infinite tells the story of Booker Dewitt and his journey through Columbia. He meets Elizabeth on his journey, a mysterious young women who has many secrets about her. The story is one of the best in all of video games and gets better the more you think about it. It might lull towards the middle of the game but the ending of the game will be engraved into my memory and makes an already fantastic game even better. The shooting is also great, it is more fast-paced and more of a shooter than the original. The Vigors feel a bit forced and seem like they are just introduced to have a connection to the original. The graphics are not outstanding technically, but its style is outstanding, showing the bright and wondrous city of Colombia. The music is also great adding to the outstanding style of the game. Bioshock Infinite is on the same level as the original Bioshock, story wise and game play wise. It is one of my favorite games of this generation and of all time. Expand
  34. Apr 8, 2013
    The game is a blast.
    Nothing new on mechanics but works well through all the game. Gorgeous scenarios and OST.
    The story starts in one direction and twist to twist plays with your head, making the game to gain intensity and proposing perspectives that actual games doesn't use to.
    It's a little suspicious that all specialized media give the game a 10/10 when usually they just play the
    game for a few hours at best.
    For me, a really good game and one of the bests FPS I've played in a long time.
  35. Aug 4, 2013
    this game is a thought provoking and interesting experience. Infinite provides the a first person shooter with a brain. The game has one of the more unique and interesting stories ever told within a video game. Everything is meticulously planned and when everything sinks together it leaves you with a real shock to the system. The game looks amazing on every system and plays fluidly. it is a shame that the rail combat was not included more heavily in the game because it is a blast. I lot of people have complained about the combat, but i think it is fast paced and enjoyable the weapons feel great and the shooting feels much better than previous bioshock games. the addition of gear and fusions adds to the great combat and of course the vigors are fun and extremely powerful. it is great that the game allows you to find your favorite combination of gear, weapon and vigor. the stars of the show however are definitely the characters and the back story of the world of columbia. the world is interesting and begging to be explored.
    this is the pinnacle of first person shooters and easily one of the best games of this generation.
  36. Mar 30, 2013
    I loved the original Bioshock when it came out in 2007. That the pace of the plot evaporated after the twist mattered not one jot, the game delivered deep in something sadly missing from many games today atmosphere. Bioshock 2 I also enjoyed in 2010, with the way that it opened up more, and gave a spin on events in Rapture of its own accord, but it never stunned like the original. After seeing the first trailers for Bioshock Infinite 2 years ago, I was hoping for something that would deliver in all key areas of a great game i was not disappointed!! Presentation is generally excellent for the 360, the loads being minimal and fairly fast. The graphics are beautiful in the way that they are executed and the imagination behind them, and if there is the occasional pop-in of objects or textures, and an odd moment of frame rate stutter, it never affects the gameplay. Sound design is on another level though, completely the voice actors do a sterling job, the sound effects are eerie in their delivery, and coupled with the amazing soundtrack which at times evokes memories of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, amongst other things. The soundtrack is a loud, cluttered and often blustering bundle of objects that does what its supposed to it fills in the spaces that the graphics depend on to deliver the whole 'feel' so to speak. And so to the gameplay, which is where I have to state that this latest entry in the Bioshock series truly is the best so far. There are a handful of neat gimmicks put into the game at key points (the skyhooks, the tears in time), which when coupled with some familiar aspects (the vigors you may have seen before, and the weaponry), makes for some compulsive First-Person shooter gameplay however, the final ingredient, the one that makes this game truly great, and probably one of this years' best (and probably the decades I'm going to state right now!!) is the plot thundering through on some riffs from Alan Moore (think sparks of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Watchmen), and some very clear influences from Terry Gilliam (Brazil, 12 Monkeys), and many more I could mention, the whole thing moves from scene to scene, and never ever detaches the player from the game I've said this before, but if this were a book (the whole thing certainly feels like a graphic novel) you'd be up until 4 in the morning reading it!! The last time I played a game that truly made me want to get to the end, to see the whole thing, and know what was going on so much, was either Shadow of the Colossus or Half Life 2, so I think you can understand how highly I rate this game. i could write more, but alas, I'm on my second playthrough of the cursed game you see, and I want to get back to it, so I'll finish with this it is the best single-player campaign game I have played in years, it threatens to overflow with the wealth of ideas bursting forth, and even if you don't think you'll enjoy it, you have to give it at least a try. One utterly superb game. Expand
  37. Jun 8, 2013
    All I need to say is, as of this writing, 805 users think this is a great game. I concur, and there's a near 90% chance you will to... if the user ratings are any judge.

In all honesty, this is one of the most visually stunning games to grace the Xbox 360. Audio is superb with a soundtrack so beautiful that it's been playing on my iTunes on repeat for the past few months now. Voice
    acting is equally excellent, though I am NOT listening to it on iTunes... Gameplay is what you've come to expect from Bioshock although you're only able to carry 2 weapons at a time and have 2 abilities mapped at a time which takes a little of the OP feel that I enjoyed from the first Bioshock away from the game when you get toward then end. This winds up being irrelevant however, mostly because of how outstanding every other aspect of this game is. Simply put, stop reading my review and go play this game if you haven't already... and play it again if you have. Bring them the girl... wipe away the debt! Expand
  38. May 9, 2013
    This game was an incredible experience for me, start to finish. The art design and characters were great, and the story made me want to keep playing until I had beaten the whole game. I had a blast with the skyhook. In my opinion, this game surpassed the original Bioshock.
  39. May 13, 2013
    I don't think any game deserves a perfect score because hopefully developers continue to strive for perfection for a game with updates throughout it's cycle but if any game deserves an almost perfect score it would be this.

The story is solid, one of the best any game can give you, and the game play is equally impressive. If you a fan of Bioshock or Bioshock 2 you'll love this game.
    Anyone that gives this game a 0 isn't being fair to the game and the people who worked hard to give us an amazing experience.

And if someone says the 1999 mode isn't hard enough please prove it.
  40. Jun 18, 2013
    Bioshock is back and better than ever. Now not as good as the original genius dark and emotionally gripping Bioshock that released in 2007 it definitely overpowers the faults of Bioshock 2. Its social commentary and use of its own unique story and fun action-packed gameplay come together for this crazy ride of not just a GAME, but a work of ART. This is the type of game we want to show people that these are more than just games, but beautiful crafts. Its unique art style and deep character development shows the genius that is Bioshock Infinte. This is one of the games that is worth to keep on the shelves for a while, worth the heart-wrenching 60$, and worth the replay to find a new adventure for you. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  41. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is extraordinary and really does deserve all the praise. It has a solid story-line and has smooth controls that work well. Bioshock Infinite captures all the fun things we love in a shooter, well balanced action and lots of ways to kill (especially the vigors)
  42. Jun 25, 2013
    The setting, gameplay, enemies ai, character and level design was awesome! How can you not buy this game? It's like, when you make a decision when Booker save Elizabeth to elizabeth save Booker. The only question in this game, why it's changed to Elizabeth? Why not Little sister's? Why not in the year of 1960's? Why 1912? and the final question was; where the is Big Daddy/Mr. bubbels and what the happen to Big Daddy/Mr. Bubbels? Expand
  43. Jan 18, 2014
    [REUPLOAD]
    FYI: I just want to point out before this review that I chose to review the Xbox 360 version because that was the platform I happened to play it on, I don't believe that the game is better nor worse on any other platform.

have probably ever played with complex twists and turns that will make your mind melt. I've been a part of the Bioshock since the first game back in 2007, and it was so revolutionary, I thought nothing could compete with it. Three years later, Bioshock 2 was released and I was disappointed with its short run through time and weak plot. Two years later Bioshock Infinite was shown at E3 and people were informed that it would take place in a different setting with a different storyline and usually in a series, whether it be movies, TV, or games, is usually not a great sign of the product being good. When Bioshock Infinite finally released this year, I was instantly blown away, the actions and gameplay mechanics were so great that I was almost in tears, it had so many cool aspects to it, it felt so good as if someone was throwing free money at you. My hands were shaking the entire playthrough with happiness. By the time I finished the game the storyline had already made my brain explode into 1,000 pieces and I was honestly crying that I had to finish such an amazing game that doesn't come around often. Bioshock Infinite isn't just a game, It's a living, breathing experience. Expand
  44. Mar 29, 2013
    Just finished it. I'm at a loss for words, so deeply affecting is this game. I can only describe it as a masterpiece. It transcends the genre and can be held up against any contemporary medium. Also, It shows a glaring light on the state of the games industry, this game is possible, yet what we so often get is marginalized and made stupid and any weed of intellect and art must be removed. It shows the industry is a sham. Expand
  45. Apr 15, 2013
    Ken Levine proof that is one of the best developers in the last years, BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in every way. He fails to beat the first of the series But, who cares when is so good?
  46. Nov 29, 2013
    this game is amazing it goes the extra mile for graphics and storytelling everything it does it accomplishes and from a developer who makes masterful games its only a cycle for irrational now just amazing.
  47. Mar 27, 2013
    --Read the last paragraph for a quick summary.--
    I started this game slowly because the amazing graphics had me in awe. I walked around just looking and exploring what Columbia was. Then I got into the game I got my feet wet in the plot and combat.

This game is simply amazing. Combat is great fast paced but strategic and the incorporation of Elizabeth is outstanding. The can toss
    you ammo at the perfect moment to help you out, but it doesn't ruin your current combat. It is so quick and in no way takes you out of the moment. You also don't need to worry about protecting her, since she will take cover and handle herself. The different powers and weapons can be combined very strategically, and the limited ammo can force the trigger-happy players to swap in new guns. The hook-claw works well for opening up an entire combat scenario, and Elizabeth's tears can morph the battlefield in various ways. This gameplay is like good ol' Bioshock, but with a more fast-paced, strategic, open environment.

Then there's the plot. Without giving away any spoilers, this plot is amazing. If you know the first installment of the series (Bioshock) and the "would you kindly" twist, you know you are in for a treat. This one has multiple plots Columbia vs. the Vox, Booker & Elizabeth trying to escape, then the idea of what is Elizabeth and the mystery of her powers, and the equally-interesting exploration of Booker DeWitt, the protagonist. The exploration of Columbia and its internal conflicts poses an interesting idea similar to the Atlas vs. Ryan conflict of Bioshock's Rapture. You have two forces competing for control of the city with opposing ideologies. Your typical rebellion/revolution scenario. This is simply a scenario that allows us to explore Columbia as a culture and city.

Next you have Booker's mission find the girl and wipe away the debt. Booker is trying to take Elizabeth to New York to pay off a debt. This girl is too valuable for the city to give up she is their "lamb" and prophesied to do great things. Comstock, the prophet and leader of Columbia, will do anything to keep her in the city, and uses the flying Songbird to ensure such. The greatest part of this is that you see Booker and Elizabeth grow together. You see Elizabeth grow as a character and gain her confidence. The relationship is just all too great.

The exploration of Elizabeth and her powers is interesting. She is puzzled by them and is trying to find meaning in all of it. As she explores the use of her powers, she begins to learn the consequences of her actions. Her powers come into effect in combat, as I said before, but they are really more key to the story. As you witness her powers grow, you begin to fear her potential.

Booker DeWitt is the protagonist of Bioshock: Infinite. Booker is sent to Columbia with one mission in mind: bring the girl to New York, wipe away the dept. He is haunted by his past, and has trouble living with the things he has done. I will let you see for yourself, but I will say that no game has ever connected me to a character as well as this. I felt with Booker, I shared his pain and sorrow, his determination and anger. While playing, I WAS Booker DeWitt.

All in all, this game was outstanding. The world, the character, the gameplay, the plot--all made for one of the greatest games out there. This is not Rapture, but it is certainly still the excellence we have come to expect with Bioshock. I would strongly recommend this game to anyone and everyone, even at the $60 starting price (which I never do).
  48. Oct 19, 2013
    What honestly needs to be said about this game? Beautiful graphics, awesome story, fantastic gameplay. Just all around one of the best 360 games of all time. The only problems are the middle section is VERY padded, and you won't use many of the vigors. But seriously, buy it.
  49. Mar 30, 2013
    One of the best or maybe the best fps i have ever played! A story and characters that will grab you from the start and combat that has the old bio-shock feel. And plot twist that will go WTF more then once, You need to do yourself a favor and get this game now
  50. May 1, 2013
    Initially, Bioshock Infinite caught my eye in a passing manner. I was certainly interested, but didn't really anticipate it like some prior releases. As soon as I picked it up, though, it was immediately clear this game went above and beyond the expectations set forth by the current generation of FPS games. I admit, I was a fan of the first Bioshock. The tone and atmosphere were great, and the concept captured my imagination. Though I had some minor gripes with some gameplay mechanics, and polish issues, it was and still is a great game. Bioshock infinite on the other hand, blew me away with its great storytelling and fluid gameplay.
    First off, the look of the game. Its certainly not as gritty and textured as some games, but I really don't feel that is the point. Its stylized, and for a purpose. To encapsulate the bright and floaty feel the city should take, and to emphasize the time period. From the characters, to the city, to the machines; it all fits within the confines of the look and feels natural. Though it initially starts off bright and scenic, the colors dampen and darken as you turn the stones to reveal the dark underbelly of the cities politics.
    The story and setting are amazing. The city is a wonder, and its great to explore. It is filled with voxophones (audio diaries) and other historical items to expand upon the universe, but even when I had collected all of them I wanted to learn more. The story, without any real spoilers, isn't limited to the fantastical and faces very real issues of the time. From religious fanaticism to racism, the human element is very prevalent. But it is all centered around the main character, Booker Dewitt. A veteran and former Pinkerton, who is hired to bring a girl to New York in exchange for wiping clean his gambling (and other) debts. And from the girl, Elizabeth, to the prophet Comstock, to the rebellion leader Fitzroy, everyone has a part in the story, and everyone is as colorful and thought out as the next.
    Game-play, I found, was very fluid and in my experiences cinematic. If you have played the first Bioshock at all you would know that tandem use of plasmids (known as Vigors in Infinite) and guns were difficult and unwieldy. You had to either equip weaponry OR plasmid. In Infinite, thankfully they are more seamlessly combined. Though a similar layout is used (left trigger vigor, right trigger gun), you can now keep your weapon equipped and use left trigger to instantly blast out a vigor. Weapons themselves are your standard affair: pistol, machine gun, shotgun, etc. But the vigors are the standouts. This time around, vigors are a bit more refined, as Bioshock had many great vigors, they were too varied and too specialized. The creators have now smartly combined traps and instant use as a secondary and primary fire, and thus vigors can be used several ways each. Lastly, the sky lines. These things are GREAT. Not only for travel, which is fun to zip through areas anyway, but in combat it is awesome to lunge onto one to get a birds eye view of the battle or to buy some time and heal up.
    I could go on for MUCH MUCH longer about the companion aspect with Elizabeth, which Infinite may be credited with being the first game to get it right, to Songbird, the Infinite Big Daddy equivalent, to the thought provoking story-line, but I have limited words on this tiny box. One thing I can say is, PLAY THIS GAME! You wont regret this purchase!
  51. Mar 28, 2013
    Simply the best game I've ever bought! (I own just about every 1st/3rd person shooter on the market). There really isn't anything to compare with it except maybe Half-Life 2 or the previous Bioshock games. It keeps the fun 2 handed fighting of the original bioshocks (ie. plasma's or vigors as they are now called in the left hand). It lets you fight with the weapons you like best, upgrading them throughout the game. I downloaded the main song since it's the 2nd best theme track I've also ever heard (Battlefield: Bad Company being the best.) I already know that once I've finished the game, I'll be playing it again. (I'm only about 1/3 way through so far and like a great movie, you want to watch it again and again to enjoy all the details you may have missed the first time.) It's a game that I'll remember for a long time since there are so many awe-shocking scenes. I bought the Turtle Beach PX51 headset just for this game and the sounds/creepy music simply blow me away. I would recommend buying the $20 guide book which is impressive in itself. I can truly say that this game was well worth the $60. If you're not a Bioshock fan, you'll still enjoy the variety of characters, weapons, and outlandlish story with this game. It's an adventure/world that you'll remember for a long, long, long time regardless of how many games you've played. There simply isn't anything like it. I'm not sure if it has any multi-player capabilities yet but I really don't care. This is a game that is best enjoyed by playing the single-player (just you and Elizabeth). Seriously, get this game!! Expand
  52. Jul 7, 2013
    Definitely a GOTY contender, so far my favorite game of 2013 (as of 7/7). The city of Columbia is a joy to go through, the combat is fairly simple but fun, great graphics and excellent story. Must play, must buy.
  53. Mar 29, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. There are no other ways in which to describe bio shock infinite, the art direction, the attention to detail, the character relationships... Just unreal. Game of the year for me. I just love it that much. I wasn't a big fan of the first bioshock either, but this one really shines for me.
  54. May 15, 2014
    One of the best games of 2013.
    Original, refreshing. Lots of variety in terms of shooting.
    so fun to sneak around and look for guns, plasmids and stuff
    high rated for a reason
  55. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock Infinite is a triumph of a game. It overcomes the memory of Rapture by introducing the new and exciting world of Columbia. It is both recognisable and fresh as it keeps the same combat mechanics from Bioshocks 1 & 2, but introduces new powers and methods of combat (such as the use of skylines).

First of all, the storyline. On a first playthrough, and without the background information of the voxphones (recorded messages from prominent residents of Columbia) the storyline might seem a bit confusing. You play as Booker DeWitt, a PI who has been tasked with finding and extracting a girl called Elizabeth from Columbia. The quote "Bring me the girl and wipe away the debt" is used extensively throughout the storyline and you always feel curious about Booker's past and who is behind this plot. However, if you are like me, and want to collect every voxphone to expand the storyline, listen to every conversation, look at every poster in Columbia etc then you will be able to follow the storyline more clearly. This is essential when you reach the game's shocking, and thought-provoking, ending. The one major triumph of this game is that it elicits conversation between you and others who have completed the game a discussion of the ending seems compulsory and everyone seems to have their own idea on what is going on! Congratulations to Ken Levine and his team for weaving such an intricate story with well-rounded characters and motivations. It is rare for a videogame to challenge issues such as racism, classes, religion and capitalism but these are all contained within, even if some are not extrovertly shown.

The combat is fluid and there always seems to be a variety of methods on offer to dispatch a group of enemies. Do you make use of the skylines? Do you use your vigors and try to set fire to a patch of oil, electrocute enemies in water, or use a water-based attack to hurl them off Columbia? Or do you just shoot them in the face? The options available to the gamer are varied and appreciated. The enemies themselves normally exhibit a fair degree of AI, although they can sometimes do silly things. Occasionally, enemies have got stuck on scenery. Some of the new enemy types are very interesting and a bit scary to deal with. I liked the Patriot. However, I felt that the Handyman was over-powered by being too fast for his size and strength. The point of Big Daddies was that they were incredibly powerful and could rush you, but you always felt more nimble and agile than them so at least you felt you had some kind of advantage.

Columbia is a beautiful place a lot of open sky to look at. The sounds of Columbia are also excellent I love the early 20th century adaptations of a few late 20th century classics! (Especially the Beach Boys) There are many diverse locations to explore and exploration is rewarded by voxphones, weapons, health packs, vigors and infusions. Infusions allow you to level up your health, shield (thanks, Master Chief!) and salts. Salts are the spiritual successor to EVE.

I should talk about Elizabeth here. Generally, I find NPC sidekicks to be incredibly annoying in videogames. In the past, they have often been characters that you have had to protect and then they do something stupid and get themselves killed, often due to poor AI. Elizabeth is different. The game has been constructed carefully so that Elizabeth is only ever a help and not a hindrance. Elizabeth can open tears in reality to assist you in combat. These tears can be anything from bringing allies to the fight to med-kits. She is a valuable companion, able to draw your attention to collectibles you might have missed, and offers interesting conversations as you progress through the story. You feel very protective of her as you find out what she has had to endure. Songbird is also protective of Elizabeth you all will have seen him (it?) in the trailers. You will discover that there is a tenuous link between Songbird and Rapture's Big Daddies. Songbird is a fabulous creation well done to the design team. Both scary and something that you want to love. It's a shame that we couldn't see more of Songbird. The sequences that Songbird inhabits are normally the most exciting or emotional.

The game's almost a perfect 10 but not quite. While the storyline is incredible, there are a few plot points that don't quite tie together for me. I have experienced some slow-down on the 360 in busy areas of combat. The handyman is a bit unbalanced. Elizabeth's abilities and autonomy seems to have declined somewhat from early versions of the game. Some vigors seem to be hardly used by many gamers seem to have their favourites and stick with them. If specific vigors were required in certain situations, that might encourage the gamer to use a wider mix of vigors. And you killed Songbird, you b*stards! ;-)

Can't wait for the DLC. Season pass purchased. Thanks for the ride, Irrational Games.
  56. Mar 31, 2014
    This IS one of the best game i've ever played, I thought RDR was the best game of the generation, but I was wrong! When i first heard about Bioshock Infinite i tought it was going to be an "new COD", i was really but really wrong, the last time i felt like this for a game was with SOTC for the PS2!
    This is a MUSTHAVE game for XBOX360PS3PC!
  57. Apr 6, 2013
    The original Bioshock is my favorite video game of all time, and I thought there was absolutely no way this game can live up to it. I was wrong. I have never had so much fun in a game in my entire life. The sky rails are amazing and I could stay on those things all day. Although there are less powers (Vigors), the powers are all very different and I do not need anymore. My personal favorite is Undertow. The ending was superb and makes this game have the best story of any video game of ALL time. Play it and you will experience this masterpiece. Expand
  58. May 21, 2013
    A lot of thought and hard work really went into this one. The music, gameplay, AI, and story are very meticulously crafted to the point where it flows almost seamlessly. The game even does the unthinkable and makes a reality-warp based story fairly sensical and without too many plotholes. At its heart, its an FPS sure... but it stands above and beyond the rest. In terms of fun, I'm not sure it deserves a 10/10 from me as I like strategy games and horror games a bit more.

The gameplay is a lot better than most people give it credit for but the difficulty gaps between heavy enemies and regular enemies is a bit jarring. Plus it gets very repetitive, enter room kill hostile wave, prepare for next hostile wave. It makes for some parts of the game feeling like a chore to complete.

But the story is unbelievable and like nothing I've seen so I can't give this game anything less than a 9.
  59. Apr 27, 2013
    I have had the best gaming expierience playing this game. The story is deep and well built, atmosphere in a racial community is also top notch. As for gameplay mechanics, there is nothing very special, same thing with Vigors(powers) in Bioshock, these are not very useful i ended up not using them throughout the game. Overall, Bioshock: Infinite is a great game with a great story(probably the best story in gaming history, seriously) and with a characters that are believable and likeble this game deserves a 9/10. Epic story/Believable characters/Decent gameplay. Expand
  60. Mar 10, 2014
    This has been and always will be my favorite game of all time. The gameplay was fun it might have been an fps but it was different than most. However the story is the reason why I gave this game a 10 it keeps you on your toes and without spoiling anything when the credits began to roll my jaw hit the floor. If you haven't played this game it's worth every penny and you won't be disappointed.
  61. Apr 13, 2013
    One of the most beautiful and inventive games ever created. I found it every bit as awe-inspiring and addictive as the first two installments, and I have completed two play-throughs of each of the three games. If you consider this game a reboot or standalone product in the franchise, I personally find nothing worth complaining about. Compared to other games on the market right now, unless your obsession is multiplayer, you won't find anything more absorbing or entertaining than Bioshock Infinite. Compared to first two games in the series...I have a hard time finding a way to rank them. The weapons in Infinite are definitely less appealing, the choices are pretty much nonexistent, the save-anywhere feature is gone, the levels are smaller, and I didn't find my skin crawling with goosebumps. While there are certainly some disturbing moments in Infinite, I found the first Bioshock a bit more compelling simply because everything was horrifying; and with that element gone, the urgency and intensity of survival disappears. I can't bring myself to knock Infinite any points though, because to me that complaint sounds more like artistic opinion than any comment on the actual quality of the game. The only legitimate complaint about Infinite when compared to the first two games is that sense of choice: Bioshock 1 and 2 offered two endings and two ways to deal with situations, giving the player a reason to replay the game. Bioshock Infinite gives you a few moments where you're given the illusion of choice, but only one ending to the game exists (sorry if that's a spoiler). Infinite is worth replaying, but the only incentive is to experiment with different guns and powers. I know these sound like enough complaints to damage the score, but I'm sticking with my score despite all the flak reviewers get on this site for giving a perfect 10. Bioshock Infinite is a worthy successor to Bioshock because the series has once again revitalized a stale genre with inventive combat, impressive scenery, deep narrative and solid amount of player customization. I could go on and on about this game all day. I hope you find time to play it. Expand
  62. Apr 1, 2013
    A game such as this comes once in a generation, and very few times in a lifetime. True Master craft worked with the biggest love and attention, from music to visuals, it was an incredible pleasure. The story in particular is the work of genius, it will have you thinking for days after you've finished it. Never has a game had such an incredible story and characters that can stir some deep emotions inside of you. Thank you Irrational. Unforgettable. Expand
  63. Apr 7, 2013
    Gameplay is as u'd expect the bioshock formula. But the story... the story is confusing, you sit there at the end of the game with your jaw on the ground trying to understand. This just makes you want more, it engages you, its not another game that's all about gameplay and the story is a side game. I felt like I was playing a movie. The characters are great, what some people have said is that they needed more faces to the voices, a face for Fink a face for Booker because we play it we feel like its a movie nd we want to c the faces behind the voices with the emotions being formed in their faces. Only complaint but it doesn't take away from the beautiful city in the sky, the music that creates the atmosphere, its brilliant. This is what new gen games should be like. This is what dishonoured wishes it was. Expand
  64. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is, simply put, a masterpiece. The original Bioshock was good, but this game is a truly great. I was a little hesitant to say so at first, because saying that would put it up there with the likes of Red Dead Redemption and others. But, after finishing it, I can say without pause that Bioshock Infinite is everything Irrational set out to do in more. The story is probably what most will come to the game for, and rightfully so. While the gameplay of Infinite is incredibly fun and addicting, it must be said that it doesn't quite live up to the story. This is acceptable though, because the story told by Ken Levine in this game is right up there with some of the best stories ever told in the video game universe. Before playing the original Bioshock, I had no clue that a video game could actually make me think. But, alas, they can. Then, last year, a video game made me cry. The Walking Dead probably did that for many. And this year, Bioshock Infinite does all of that and more. My only advice to people who have picked up this game or plan to is this: TAKE YOUR TIME! Do not rush through this game. Explore and absorb everything Columbia has to offer. If you are still on the fence over whether or not this game is worth $60, IT IS! Call of Duty and Halo are the Sirloin steaks of gaming. Bioshock Infinite is the Filet Mignon. Expand
  65. Mar 27, 2013
    Not a fan of Bioshock 1 or 2, bought them well after release and still haven't finished either of them. So was a little apprehensive at preodering Bioshock Inifinite, but fancied the city in the clouds experience. I have to say straight from the off, perhaps the more open setting or the sky hook, it just grabbed me. I like the fact it doesn't push you into a stupid movement tutorial or hold your hand at the start. It's a much more vibrant setting than the previous games which I prefer. Has a lot more going on because at the start this place isn't in chaos. I had fun playing the shooting games at the fair for example and just wandering around. When the action did get going it seemed pretty solid. Overall it's early days but I am looking forward to finishing this one. Expand
  66. Apr 21, 2013
    (SORRY FOR LANGUAGE) I just don't get how GOOD is BioShock Infinite. First of all, I wouldn't give the game 10 out of 10. A 9.5 would be excellent. About the game, the story is one of the most epic, tragic and dramatic I've ever seen and experienced. It never got down but some of the gameplay mechanics turned it kinda tedious. The only problems of the game were that at the nearly end the gameplay was turning repetitive, and that was a bit disappointing. Great visuals and you may have fun hearing covers from famous songs of all time and some references to many movies and TV shows. Also, Elizabeth is one of the best video game characters ever. Her personality, although not the coolest, it will convince you. But her relationship with Booker can become sometimes cold and weird.
    I don't know how does the PC version of the game runs, but this one sometimes has a lower FPS and textures that remind me the Nintendo 64.
    Overall, BioShock Infinite is a video game that puts the industry near from a new form of art, instead of a money-machine.
  67. Jun 23, 2013
    I really liked this game it has a good plot, interesting story and the best graphics that I seen in a game it is a very fun game. I really had a really nice time playing it. There is zero flaws that I had when I playing BioShock and I played all the games I sort of enjoyed BioShock 1 but it looks like it had hard levels and BioShock 2 was a half descent game. This game was very fun I really recommend you buy this game. Expand
  68. Mar 29, 2013
    Before Infinite, BioShock is probably one of my favorite games. Everything about it was epic, and then, when 2 came out, I enjoyed it, though it could have been vastly better. I have had Infinite pre-ordered since they announced it, and, now, when it finally comes out, it is becoming one of my favorite games of this generation. Everything about it, the art-direction, the AI, the combat, everything screams "Game of the Year." Even with all the next-gen games coming out this year, I feel that Infinite will still stay my top game of the year. I sat down in the morning after it came out, and played straight into the night, and it was probably the most fun I've had playing a game in years. I highly recommend getting this if you thought the first BioShock was good/great, or even if you're not a fan, because Infinite is probably the most immersive games I've ever played. Expand
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is amazing. It has great graphics, great gameplay, and great... well... everything... just buy this game and listen to what the critics are saying, they're right, this game is too good to be true.
  70. Mar 30, 2013
    While not quite deserving of the title of Game of the Generation, Bioshock Infinite does so much right, it's hard not to fall in love. The graphics are a little dated, but the art direction is beautiful, just beautiful. To walk out of the door and see a floating city easily rivals the intro to Rapture from Bioshock 1. The Characters are real, believable, and the voice actors are fantastic. Combat is much like Bioshock 1, but the Skyhook makes for a great and balanced weapon and tool, and the executions are brutal, but still great to perform. I would only say that it feels a bit lengthy, and I really wish multiplayer had been included. Irrational has been open with us about this thought, and that makes up for some of Infinite's flaws. Overall, after playing the game, I would consider Bioshock Infinite to be a rare gem in a genre suffering from too many bad shooters. It is enjoyable, pretty, and is going to be a good choice for GOTY of 2013. Expand
  71. CPB
    Apr 1, 2013
    One of the best games of all time, let alone 2013. The story tackles everything from American history, politics, and science. The gameplay is smooth and fluent, and the rail system is a very innovative mechanic. I liked the first bioshock, thought the second one was okay, but this is great 10/10.
  72. Aug 23, 2013
    Didn't play Bioshock 1 or 2 because I don't really like survival horror and thought they looked too dark from the demos. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted game with engaging characters and intelligent story. Gameplay is unique and varied and feels well balanced. I was left gobsmacked at the end. Not just because of the ending but because this was a game I had almost ignored yet it turned out to be my game of the year so far. Top marks. Expand
  73. Jul 12, 2013
    OH MY WORD THE STORY. I loved the cinematic feel of this game, very much in the same vein as the original bioshock. The twist was one that left me reeling for days. The presentation was similarly fantastic. The only real issue that I had is that for some reason I felt that the gameplay felt like it was somewhat forced. Like the story, and the gameplay felt a bit dissonant, like it was a movie with a shooter added in. However, regardless of this whining I cannot deny the story, setting, characters, style was just so amazing, definitely the best game I've played for quite some time. Expand
  74. Apr 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is the most hooked I've been on a game since Fallout 2. I was a little late on the hype wagon so I made extra sure to not read any spoilers while I awaited my order to arrive from overseas (cheaper this way).
    From the opening scene, nay the Main Menu even, the graphics are easily the best seen on consoles (and most probably PC yet). Not the best as in technologically
    wowing or polygon counts that require you to buy a liquid nitrogen cooling system, but the overall impact of the art direction and surroundings that draw you into this game world. The sunshafts look exquisite and the subtle dust clouds (which were something a friend noticed before I did) just make the whole image 'complete'. The effects when you first acquire a new vigor are awesome albeit a little chilling and I'm saying this while plodding through my second playthrough (already done Hard, time for 1999 mode now).

The audio is top-notch. I'm playing through 5.1 in the lounge room (with a bit of recline on the sofa and the subtle background effects are incredible. I looked around the lounge room once because I thought there was a fly behind me! Great sample rate guys In certain areas the crackle and burn of an overloaded electrical circuit sounds as 'nails on a chalkboard' painful as you'd expect. All that was missing was the burnt plastic smell! I'll concede that in certain firefights it can be tricky to pinpoint an enemy's location based on the audio alone. I have a feeling there may be some 'echoing' acoustics in play however which may well be by design.

Finally the story! You know naught other than what Booker witnesses the second the game kicks off. There is plenty of gameplay before you even meet Elizabeth, but when you do that's when it all shifts up a gear. I refuse to give anything away here, but even though I may have been frustrated due to failing repeatedly in a gun battle here or there, the niggling 'what happens next?' compelled me to power on through to victory.

Based on the usual logical criteria and gameplay itself this game would still rock a solid 8 or 9. But the feeling the player is left with after finishing the game and witnessing everything come to fruition? That's a 10 in my books.
  75. Aug 1, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take a a good look before progressing. There is also no feeling of repetitiveness, the game offers quite a bit level design and variety.
    Game flaws would include the fact that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but other than that, there’s really nothing more that can be thought of.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will immerse you to the very end. This is a game that instantly hooks you into its world the moment you hit start, and doesn’t let you go until days after you finally get over that ending. It’s that good.
  76. May 25, 2013
    Creativity, sound, animation, and innovation are at a peak with Bioshock: Infinite. Everything, it seems, works as it was intended. The scope of the world and the design themselves are magnificent, and the small amount of detail in every space in Columbia immerses you in its Utopian and radically racist and religiously controlled world. However, I felt that the general story wasn't anything too out there, all multiverse and other crazy theories considered. It was fun and exciting to finish the game and see the amazing touches and twists Irrational put into it. The controls were tight and Vigors were rewarding to use and watch, but the gun and melee combat, although intentional, was way too fast paced for how much time the world required. There is strategy with enemies' strengths and weaknesses and what Vigors to combine and use, but pace seemed constant and could've used more planning, all exploration aside. All together, one of the greatest and most fufilling games I've played in a long time. Expand
  77. Oct 29, 2013
    Is anything bad about this game? If so, I was distracted by the general perfection and wonderfulness of the game to notice. It is both fun to play as well as intelligent, a trait few games seem to understand. Rather than trying to scream about how war and violence are bad while selling a game about it, Bioshock Infinite focuses on actual issues of extremism and how monsters can be created out of the best of intentions. On the gameplay side, almost every feature and trait of the game seems to be purposeful and well integrated, with no features seeming out of place. The ending was a bit abstract, but in the best possible way. Expand
  78. Feb 16, 2014
    There is nothing else to say this game is perfect, if not it's damn near it, the scenery is beautiful, the game play is just brilliant it make you feel like you can beat the game no matter if you have played and mastered the previous Bioshock games or if you are new to the franchise, the story is a great one that has its twists and turns but in the end all lines up beautifully, i felt like the powers (vigors) in this where all a lot more useful than the previous games and while the majority of the game you have Elizabeth along with you she is one of the more useful companions helping you find money and throwing you supplies when you are running low, the voice acting is second to none both Booker and Elizabeth's voices are extremely well done as well as everyone elses in Columbia, the enemies are unique and diverse and all have their individual challenges along with them, and this may not been and "open world game" but there is a lot of exploring that can be done, it would be nice to have a map due to the size of the environment and having the arrow just isn't the same and i feel more changes in the story due to decisions you have made would have added to the replay value but ending is amazing and awe inspiring Expand
  79. Mar 31, 2013
    Excellent game, a great adventure from start to finish. There are negatives to be found, mostly in the form of occasional low-res textures when you get up really close to some objects. Pretty much everything else was fantastic. The story is just as good as the previous Bioshock games, with twists in the plot that you will likely not be expecting. Gameplay is excellent, and I spent around 25 hours (I explore everything very thoroughly) in total on Hard mode, but have yet to try my hand at 1999 mode. If you like something a little different than the traditional shooter (i.e. more story-driven), this is the game for you. Expand
  80. Apr 15, 2013
    Irrational Games is back in it, and boy did it deliver. This game is getting rave reviews, and is easily a contender for GOTY. It is the most sold game during the week of its release on the Xbox 360 and the PC, and is number 2 on the PS3, and when I got my hands on it, I couldn't put it down.

In my review of Bioshock, I noted that I loved it for its ability to make me think and keep me
    on the edge of my seat thanks to its gameplay. The gameplay of Bioshock is complimented everything else. That gameplay type is most certainly NOT here. Although certain elements like Plasmids (now vigors) and upgradable weapons are still a major gameplay element, that feel of being alone and outnumber has been severed. The genre has changed from the first game and is simply now a shooter. In my review of Bioshock 2, I stated that it had the same difference, and that it was a real problem. This time, it isn't at all.

This time around, the story is what is complimented by everything else. Severing that feeling of being alone and scared to walk around the next corner was a genius difference, because it made way for Elizabeth. Elizabeth switched what Bioshock 1 had. Instead of having a 9/10 story and a 10/10 gameplay, Bioshock Infinite has a 10/10 story and a 9/10 gameplay.
  81. Jul 12, 2014
    This game is better than i thought. Although i thought it was way over rated at first i was wrong. Very very wrong in so many ways. Although i will still say that the gameplay isnt the greatest.
  82. Apr 4, 2013
    The most entertaining lesson in quantum physics that I've ever had! So, was Bioshock Infinite worth the wait? HELL YES! Will the story mess with your head? DAMN RIGHT! I've just finished my first play through and have been completely blown away. Not so much by the game play, which remains pretty similar to previous Bioshock titles, but more by the attention to detail and pure love that has been shown in the production of this game. It's beautiful in a way that I can't even begin to describe. I spent the first 15 20 minutes of the game just wondering around taking in the scenery with a huge smile on my face! Once I got into the combat I quickly realised that this game wants you to experiment with your abilities. If you just stick to simply gun play then you're going to miss out on so much. Using Vigor (Previously Plasmid) abilities is where the fun lies. My only criticism would be that the pacing of gaining new weapons and abilities is a little off. Also, the game rations out money so harshly that you are really forced to focus on one or two weapons and abilities to be able to fully upgrade them. I suppose though that this adds to the incentive to play through again. Or have I already played, will play, am playing again? Goddamn, my head hurts! Thanks for that Irrational Games. Buy this game people. Expand
  83. Apr 7, 2013
    Strengths: The story is the best of the series. Do yourself a favor and play it through to end. This game really does make me feel like gaming is one of the greatest artistic mediums of our time. The music is absolutely amazing for setting the tone. The variety of music and how it comes into play is amazing, so authentic and immersive to the experience.

Graphically: the game is
    beautiful. I can't believe how many times I would stop...and just look. So much thought and care has gone into what you are looking at, in every moment of the game.

Gameplay: Yes it is a shooter now. They did tighten the controls though and you can pick people off from afar. The hand cannon rules by the way.

To say its a poor shooter is ridiculous, it is as it has been.

Greatest game of the series? maybe not...but still an absolutely fantastic ride.

Weaknesses: The only flaws I can think of are some of the tedium of the other games, that they left out (like hacking and the way the upgrades worked) but I think this was done for purposes of pacing. Were there a couple frustrating gameplay moments? Yes, but I blame myself for not being creative with my gameplay and instead I would approach the situations with the normal "run and gun" mentality. WARNING: you will have to use your brain in the heat of battle.

Overall: I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to be amazed by an immersive experience. It is not borderlands or call of duty (both of which I own), it is something all to its own and feels that way the entire time. Thank you Irrational games for making something wonderful. I will begin my second play through today:)
  84. Mar 28, 2013
    Words can not describe the absolutely thrilling experience that is BioShock Infinite. From start to finish, Infinite boasts gorgeous visuals, a beautiful soundtrack and very customizable gameplay. Not to mention that the story is extremely original. The ending kept me up at night after beating it and that alone makes it a game worth playing. If I do have any gripes, it's that the game does stutter at times, but that is a problem with the 360's aging hardware. If you can play it on PC, I'd recommend it, but the Xbox version is great too. Expand
  85. Aug 2, 2013
    Amazing game. A mind-bending story, dialogue and locations. Graphics are beautiful and stylized to match the surrealist wonder of the game's conceit. Action is fluid and engaging and the music is a clever game of Name That Tune that will make you want to stay for the end credits for the answers. Hours and hours of gameplay in your first run and you'll likely want to play it again immediately. Awards have rightfully been won, ignore the trolls. This game is solid gold. Easily the best of 2013 so far. Expand
  86. Mar 30, 2013
    Loved this game from beginning to the very crazy end. It was so much fun! I was a big fan of Bioshock 1, not so much Bioshock 2. Bioshock Infinite is almost as great as the first one. Looking forward to my next playthrough.
  87. Jun 17, 2013
    Easily the best game so far this year. An incomparable story, great game-play, nice graphics. The story is mind blowing and the powers are brilliant (minus return to sender)This is one of those games that you will want to play over and over again and it will never get old
  88. Dec 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is thoroughly enjoyable.Aside from a few problems along the plot line is mixed it still contains the action of the first and second Bioshocks.
  89. Apr 27, 2013
    Loved every minute of the game the graphics, the sounds effects, the guns and the way the story line was it was perfect hope to see another game like this on PS4.
  90. Mar 27, 2013
    "BIOSHOCK INFINITE is a brilliantly crafted experience from beginning to end that celebrates videogames as an art form. The flying city of Columbia is a marvel to behold & the gameplay is so fine tuned that at no point does the experience ever get stale.

The characters are fantastic, the powers are fun & the attention to detail is ridiculously well crafted. The best part of the package
    is the story, which will blow your mind. BIOSHOCK INFINITE is worth the wait since entering Rapture so many years ago."

Read my full SPOILER FREE review here: http://tmblr.co/ZOA6EyhFsjBr
  91. Mar 2, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is in every way, shape and form a perfect game. Beautiful graphics, insanely addictive story and high quality combat. The story alone is enough for this game to be a perfect 10/10 out of many people's books. This game will mess with your thoughts and emotions, but that's a good thing. Worth a purchase no matter what price. Disappointing that there will no longer be more Bioshock games. Expand
  92. Mar 27, 2013
    This game has one of the best stories that I have played in quite a while. I do not completely understand why people say it is anti-christian or anti-american. It is about a group of people who pretty much have their own religion and they have succeeded from the union. Then some people say it is not believable like bioshock one because of the skyhooks and it being a floating city. It's a work of fiction. This is a great game all around. If I had any complaints it would be that it was a little easy which made it a little short. I played my first play through on hard which made it much more difficult, but not nearly as difficult as most games on hard. Great music, great scenery, great story. I have not enjoyed a games story as much as this one in quite some time. Expand
  93. Apr 7, 2013
    So I'd been hearing about all the hype about this game for awhile, so I caved and bought the damn thing. All the while playing it, I was very impressed, but not really thinking that it was a 'masterpiece' that some people had claimed. I thought that until I got up to the end, and honestly everything I thought I knew about games went out the window. Definitely the most thought-provoking and mind-bending end to a game I've ever played... I literally said 'WTF' to my TV. Comparing this to the last 2 games does it no justice, it stands on its own as a great achievement in video games. Of course it's not without its faults, but really the story alone is the reason to experience Bioshock Infinite. I'm definitely going to play it again. Expand
  94. Mar 26, 2013
    Right away i was blown away and i keep being amazed by this game. Its surprises you all the time and makes your feelings swing, your happy and interested in everything then startled and frightened the next. The game play is phenomenal and entertaining, the audio/music is outstanding and the graphics are gorgeous. If you have every played a bioshock game before this then you will love this one possibly more than 1 & 2. If you haven't played bioshock before then you will still be able to get into this game and fall in love with bioshock. Expand
  95. Mar 26, 2013
    This is great stuff. Imaginative. Creative. Textures tend to be muddled, but the art direction is inspired and beautiful. Ditto for the sound design; the Beach Boy's "God Only Knows" is turned into a haunting, Sinatra-esque mantra. Absolutely fun. Absolutely worth the simoleons, imo. Ken Levine is a blessed genius. This game does not exploit multiplayer, which is a minus in my book. A game this great should have comparably singular multiplayer. Still, worthy, and quite the experience. Expand
  96. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simply put, amazing everything. SPOILERS the ending... a bit strange Expand
  97. GFC
    Apr 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a great game. It has an incredibly well crafted story. The time flies while playing this game. Although fight after fight can be repetitive and there is no penalty for dieng the rest of the game makes up for it.
  98. May 4, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the series, but it's safe to say that BioShock Infinite tops everyone of the other releases. First, I would like to say that the ending it provides will give you a headache but blows your mind at the same time. BioShock Infinite is one of the only games that has taken a step back from the other games and succeeded with a fairly different type of game. This game keeps you amazed and excited the entire ride. If you haven't played go out right now, and buy it. Expand
  99. Mar 22, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. Not only does it have incredibly beautiful and awesome graphics but it also has action and smooth gameplay to match. I can't remember the last time i had so much fun playing an first person shooter. I might go as far t say that this game is better than the original BioShock. I really like the new setting of a floating city where everything is kind of steampunk-ish and cool. The weapons are very cool, the enemies are at an enjoyable difficulty and the storyline is genuinely riveting. An absolute masterpiece of an FPS game and my new second favourite game (behind Borderlands 2). 10/10 Expand
  100. Jun 7, 2013

I am honestly speechless. Bioshock Infinite is one of the best video games I have played in the last decade. It has the greatest video game storyline I have probably

1. May 27, 2013
    An instant classic that should be kept in a special place in every gamer's collection.
  2. May 11, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a sure-fire game-of-the-year candidate, and definitely one of the standout single-player games of this generation.
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    Fuzzy-headed narrative and thematically irrelevant auxiliary mechanics make Infinite feel sloppy even when it's working. Combat increases in frequency and decreases in impact after the Hall of Heroes, so for most of its length the game sinks towards a deflated ending rather than rising towards a climax. However, that slow descent starts from a great height, so there is still much to value in Infinite even as it drowns in its own shortcomings.