BioShock Infinite Xbox 360

8.5

1. Apr 6, 2013
    Very few games will ever be able to compete with the opening to the original Bioshock as you enter the underwater city of Rapture and, while Columbia is certainly spectacular, it just doesn’t inspire the same sense of awe.

Where Infinite does better its predecessors however is in its story and gameplay. The combat is not all that different with the weapons mapped to the right trigger and the powers (plasmids in all but name) mapped to the left they can, as before, be combined in all manner of ways during combat. The two big additions to this formula are the skyhooks that can be used to zip around the environment, helping to attack or escape foes, and the ‘tears in reality’ that can be opened by companion Elizabeth to allow access to weapons, ammo, cover etc. Both are arguably not used to their full potential but between them certainly bring a new dimension to the combat.

As for the story, I won’t go into any ruinous detail but suffice to say it is one of the best in gaming despite the sometimes rather clumsy approach to topics such as racism on occasions. Importantly however it is told completely without cut-scenes meaning for the first time in a while I was actually interested in what was happening as I didn’t have to sit a watch endless non-interactive sections. In the end it doesn’t compete with the best the movie and TV industry can offer of course but I can’t think of many other games in which I felt the need to look on online forums to see other people’s thoughts.
    Summary: Many reviews may lead people to believe that Bioshock Infinite will change gaming but it is too many obvious faults for that. What we do have though is a very good game indeed.
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    This is a game that I wish I could rate higher, as it has soooooo much potential, that it just barely scratches in order not to confuse its general gaming public.

First the good: (1) Absolutely fantastic art direction, concept design and execution of almost all of the vistas and locations are utterly breathtaking, particularly in the opening act that just explodes with detail. (2) Elizabeth is just one of the best design characters I've ever seen in a game. Such a wonderful personality and she really does feel like a real person at times. (3) Booker may come across a bit flat at first, but he really grows and develops into an extremely deep character. (4) Music was also pretty good, although I never was a big fan of the music of that era, still, I can appreciate that it was well done and fit the game perfectly (in fact one or two of the songs seemed oddly familiar and for most of the game that did bug me until the reveal about Albert Fink's "inspiration." Clever!) (5) Combat is fun and engaging for the most part, particularly the Handymen. (6) The Songbird is such an eerie character and does a superb job at creating a tense and even scary atmosphere whenever it appears. (7) The Lettuce twins are a riot and the banter just charming as hell. I would love to see more characters like them in games in general. (8) This game has big balls! Racism, sexism, preaching religion, and they really didn't ease up on it either. This is really unique as most movies/games tend to water it down, nice to see they were trying to keep it as realistic as possible to the way the world was back then.

Now the bad: (1) While I said the backgrounds looked good, character models seem a little poorly done at times (aside from Booker, Elizabeth and the Songbird.) Enemies and lesser character just seem completely lifeless and completely artificial if you look to closely. (2) Aside from the main characters (Booker, Elizabeth, Comstock, Lettuce twins) NONE of the other side character get much depth, or enough that you would care. All the side characters' character development was either non-existent or rushed (I know the Voxophones act as filler, but they alone are not enough.) (3) Vigors feel mostly useless most of the time. While they are fun to use, I found myself mostly ignoring them (aside from Possession, which was generally useful.) (4) Two weapon system: This was REALLY annoying! While I do get why they did it, there is a fine line on just how realistic you want to make a game. (5) Lack of variety in enemy types the Vox and Patriot troops more or less were the same, just reskinned (kind of funny considering the racist undertones of the game.) (6) No real boss fights, aside from the Comstock Bank "boss" but that kind of is up to debate on whether that can be considered a boss battle. (7) Aside from the last area of the game, the rest of the game is more or less linear giving you a semi-scripted path to follow. While it does flow naturally, it would have been nice to have a bit more of an open and larger world to discover, the Skyline system shows that this is possible. (8) None of the "choices" you make in the game matter. There is only one ending, one outcome. While I get this is kind of the point, as stated in the ending, it still feels a little cheap considering the previous games did feature this.

Side Notes: (1) While not a bad or good thing I found Elizabeth a bit too similar to Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast, especially in the beginning. Half the time I expected her to burst into song. (2) The ending: It is good, but not as brilliant as many reviewers think. In fact it could have been brilliant, had they actually gone into the subject with a bit more depth as it is a really interesting topic they touched upon. Sadly they dumbed it down for the masses to be able to understand. A pity. So yes I liked the ending, but they could have done more with it.

Overall: Bioshock Infinite fills me with really mixed feelings. I want to look at it as the perfection that it could have been. I'm sure many who barely understand it think it is, but I fully grasps the subject and wish it could have done more as I can see that it easily could. The foundation is there, why they stopped building is beyond me, but I do get they want everyone to understand, not just me. So yes, Bioshock Infinite is an excellent game worthy of anyone's collection. Just for me a bit of a missed opportunity.
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    One of the most beautiful, polished, original, creative, and thought provoking games ever made. There's really no game like it on the market except for the original Bioshock. The game has a stunning beginning and a mind blowing conclusion that is actually only the beginning to understanding the story. Playing the game again brings about a totally new perspective on the game.
  4. Mar 28, 2013
    As a fan of the franchise, I have been looking forward to BioShock: Infinite for a long time...and it was worth the wait. BioShock: Infinite is an absolutely beautiful and amazing instalment to the franchise that is both filled with breath-taking graphs and heart-pounding moments. The game's story is original and well-executed and in BioShock fashion, it takes you to place you'd neverAs a fan of the franchise, I have been looking forward to BioShock: Infinite for a long time...and it was worth the wait. BioShock: Infinite is an absolutely beautiful and amazing instalment to the franchise that is both filled with breath-taking graphs and heart-pounding moments. The game's story is original and well-executed and in BioShock fashion, it takes you to place you'd never expect to go. In my opinion, this game is flawless and since being a huge fan, some moments nearly brought me to tears due to awe! This alongside the original is no doubt to best game ever and is like I said completely flawless. A ground-breaking work of art that will inspire many games in the future. Expand
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    As this generation of console is coming to a close, gamers are spoiled for choice in terms of quality games to buy. This generation is also recognized as a proof that Western Developers are eclipsing their Japanese counterparts. Sure, many of their outputs are low brow, violent, military shooters, a trend that seems to sell games by the millions. Nevertheless, western games 'auteurs'?As this generation of console is coming to a close, gamers are spoiled for choice in terms of quality games to buy. This generation is also recognized as a proof that Western Developers are eclipsing their Japanese counterparts. Sure, many of their outputs are low brow, violent, military shooters, a trend that seems to sell games by the millions. Nevertheless, western games 'auteurs'? Well, they are not as 'prevalent' as in Japan, but with Bioshock Infinite, we can finally say that Ken Levine is indeed one of such type of game developers, standing along legendary game makers such as Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto. Infinite is an incredibly beautiful game, pushing current hardware to the max. It's a FPS at heart, but it contains a narrative drive and worldview that is truly great. Surprisingly poignant storyline is coupled with jaw dropping set pieces. It has a great AI partner that really helps you in a bind, but at the same time really forms the core of the story. The world of Columbia is so detailed, 'Miyazaki'-eqsue at times, and its immersive nature is done without a nary of cut scenes in sight. Is Infinite one of the best game of this generation? Yes it is. And along with other great games coming in the last two months, such as Tomb Raider and MG Rising, will definitely leave a mark on your finances! Expand
  6. Sep 30, 2015
    This is everything BioShock 2 should have been. The game is so complex and rich with narrative and backstory that the game is just so damn enjoyable. I loved absolutely every moment of the game, the only real con of the game is most likely the actual shooting mechanics being rather dated, basically the same as it was in the original. But I loved it, I could play it over and over again.This is everything BioShock 2 should have been. The game is so complex and rich with narrative and backstory that the game is just so damn enjoyable. I loved absolutely every moment of the game, the only real con of the game is most likely the actual shooting mechanics being rather dated, basically the same as it was in the original. But I loved it, I could play it over and over again. BioShock Infinite is my personal game o the year and I cant wait to see what happens net in this rich setting that has been created by the talents at irrational Games. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2013
    Better get this out of the way early, I like the Bioshock franchise, hell I love it to bits but there is liking a game and then understanding that a game was overrated and liked for the wrong reasons (glaring over at Bioshock 1). Bioshock 1 was System Shock 2 (the developer, Irrational Games, previous title) to a T, hell it even ripped half the name off it. System Shock 2 was a game thatBetter get this out of the way early, I like the Bioshock franchise, hell I love it to bits but there is liking a game and then understanding that a game was overrated and liked for the wrong reasons (glaring over at Bioshock 1). Bioshock 1 was System Shock 2 (the developer, Irrational Games, previous title) to a T, hell it even ripped half the name off it. System Shock 2 was a game that had been made nearly 10 years earlier and for quite a lot of people did the job a damn lot better than Bioshock did. Anyway I digress, on with Bioshock Infinite.
    You are Booker DeWitt, a man sent to pay off a debt by capturing a girl named Elizabeth from the flying city of Columbia and bringing her back to New York. However soon after arriving on Columbia you are marked out as the Antichrist that will destroy Columbia. Eventually you find Elizabeth and begin your journey to New York (or as she is lead to believe, Paris) but are stopped time and time again by dark secrets about Columbia, Elizabeth and yourself as well as a majority of the supporting cast. The story gets pretty out of control rather quickly from then on and is probably better left to first hand experience but make sure you bring some migraine tablets and someone with a Masters Degree in Quantum Mechanics otherwise you'll have no clue what on Earth has happened by the end of the game (and the funny part is you think I'm joking about the Quantum Physicist).
    The game plays like the past 2 Bioshock games but with a faster pace, better shooting mechanics and half a ton less ammo (which is a bit odd considering the amount of weapons there are just laying around) Plasmids are back but they are Vigour's now and you can also use a special tonic thing to upgrade your health, shield and Salt (the substitute for Eve) but unfortunately these are rather scarce and make the feature near pointless. Also the audio logs are back and this makes the story even harder to understand when you miss one of the bastards because they are so well hidden.
    The game looks pretty gorgeous but the console versions suffer from muddy textures, slow frame rates and the lack of mouse & Keyboard controls making the PC version much superior but its nothing that shouldn't be expected from the ageing consoles this late into their lifespan.
    In short Bioshock Infinite is the best Bioshock game yet, probably one of the best games of the year but its still early days (It is only March after all) but it is still getting too much hype for it shouldn't be taking credit for, plus what's with the love of steampunk since Bioshock 1 landed? Its like people treat it as though its a new thing.
  8. Apr 5, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a crazy game. It's story, while somewhat confusing, is very well done. The shooter mechanics also work really well, providing a diversion from many current shooters.
  9. Apr 16, 2015
    Bio shock Infinite is one of the best shooters I've ever played.The game play is fun and enjoyable.The story may be a little confusing at first,but once you understand it, you will be very interested in the story .The bond between Elizabeth and Booker is very well done, and I found myself caring about the characters and understanding how they feel.Great game, buy it.
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    After 2012 not having any games that I have played get over a 9.5. So will Bioshock infinite change that or will it fall short? Bioshock is an fantastic game and it deserves all the great review and money its getting. First of the floating city of Columbia is such a beautiful place and is done better then the underwater city of Rapture. But things do get darker and grimmer as the game goesAfter 2012 not having any games that I have played get over a 9.5. So will Bioshock infinite change that or will it fall short? Bioshock is an fantastic game and it deserves all the great review and money its getting. First of the floating city of Columbia is such a beautiful place and is done better then the underwater city of Rapture. But things do get darker and grimmer as the game goes on. Power you get are really cool unlike the first 2 games I have not found any of them usless. Story is great with couple of great twists and turns while playing through it. The new sky lines are fun to use and can be tense at times. New charactors are well done. Enimies are a bit easy until you face a handy man, sort of like big dadfys but much harder. My only con for this game is their is only one ending witch spoils the chances for replay value. But the one ending is really good witch I did not see coming at all. Overall Bioshock Infinite fantasic game and its worth every piece of money. Bioshock Infinite 9.6/10 Expand
  11. Jul 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've never been a huge fan of FPS games. They all seemed generic, following the same military style of story and gameplay. However, all my preconceptions about FPS games were destroyed by the original Bioshock, a game that seemed to show the potential of the genre. I didn't think any FPS game could surpass the brilliance of Bioshock. As you might have guessed, I was proved wrong. Bioshock Infinite not only surpasses the original Bioshock, it is also one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

Like the original, Bioshock Infinite is set in a very unique and bizarre world. The floating city of Columbia is, dare I say it, even cooler to explore than the underwater city of Rapture before it. Part of Columbia's charm comes from the art direction, which is amazing. Every building and detail of the city seems to bask in the sun's light, and everything has a beautiful glow to it. Granted, there's a lack of textures, however it doesn't even matter that much (I've heard this isn't an issue with the PC version). Columbia is just amazing to look at.

The gameplay in Bioshock Infinite is very familiar, but also very refined. You still have guns and Vigors (which are essentially Plasmids) which is all standard Bioshock affair. However, the Vigors in this game are far more satisfying to use than the Plasmids. Nothing is quite as cool as using the Bucking Bronco Vigor to launch enemies in the air, only then to send a Murder of Crows at them. There are 2 cools new additions to combat. First is the skyline, which can be used to zip around and attack enemies from various positions. The second is Elizabeth, who can open tears and bring in ammo, turrets, and other useful assets during combat. The only gripe I have with the combat in this game is that you can only hold 2 guns at a time, which is a shame.

You can't do a review of Bioshock Infinite without mentioning Elizabeth. Everything about her is just awesome. For one thing, you never have to worry about her, as she takes care of herself during combat. She also helps you by tossing you ammo, money, salts, and health packs. Her dialogue, voice acting, and character emotions all contribute to make her believable, interesting, and vital to the game's core experience. She's also very crucial to the plot.

The story here is amazing, plain and simple. It starts off pretty basic, "Bring us the girl, repay the debt". However, as the game progresses, the narrative evolves into something very fascinating and foreign, but at the same time very familiar. The most notable moment of this game is the ending, which is, simply put, one of the best endings to any video game you'll ever play. It not only reconstructs the entire narrative of Bioshock Infinite, it also completely reinvents how you viewed the original Bioshock. The ending alone makes this game masterful.

Simply put, this game is a masterpiece. Do yourself a favor and just play it. I honestly didn't think it would be this good, but I was proved wrong. It's an understatement to say this is just one of the best games of 2013. Bioshock Infinite is, without a doubt, one of the absolute best games of this generation.

9.7/10
  12. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  13. Apr 1, 2013
    There's nothing else to say about the atmosphere and setting. It's the gameplay which hooked me. It's better than ever and I can't stop playing for that reason alone, and the rest of the game is almost impossibly good. The first bioshock had the atmosphere but game play was a little off. The gameplay in the second bioshock was better but the atmosphere not quite as good. Infinites hasThere's nothing else to say about the atmosphere and setting. It's the gameplay which hooked me. It's better than ever and I can't stop playing for that reason alone, and the rest of the game is almost impossibly good. The first bioshock had the atmosphere but game play was a little off. The gameplay in the second bioshock was better but the atmosphere not quite as good. Infinites has better gameplay than the best from 2, and a better atmosphere than the best from 1. I'm trying to avoid saying 'Best Game Ever' or 'Best Game This Generation' but..... um..... yeah. Expand
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With jaw-dropping visuals,audio,voice acting and story,Bioshock Infinite is a masterly crafted game worthy of standing beside the likes of Bioshock and Half-Life 2.Actually experiencing Columbia and its fall is truly amazing as the world changes around you and the war progresses,getting darker and more chaotic.Experimenting with the Vigors is awesome with my favourite being Possession,while setting various traps and using Undertow is always awe inspiring.The Skyline system is great fun and adds an exciting element to the city,especially during combat.If I had a serious issue it would be regarding weapons.Woe betide those like myself who prefer to use the Handcannon and RPG,but can't.You'll be out of ammo within a minute during larger battles(though vending machines are often close by) and the two weapon system makes little sense.Whether its two pistols or two heavy weapons,that's all you can carry and four would have been the smarter choice,especially considering the number of weapons in the game.That said,Bioshock Infinite wowed me throughout its entirety and I cannot wait to experience more stories of Columbia. Expand
  15. Jun 27, 2013
    So, every now and again a game comes along which brakes down barriers. We've seen what the likes of Mario, Resident Evil, Gears of War, GTA and Zelda have done to gaming. All these games defined eras and sent us in to a new generation. Bioshock Infinite does that with this generation, giving us the ultimate bow out so we can go in to this new generation of gaming with a sweet taste ofSo, every now and again a game comes along which brakes down barriers. We've seen what the likes of Mario, Resident Evil, Gears of War, GTA and Zelda have done to gaming. All these games defined eras and sent us in to a new generation. Bioshock Infinite does that with this generation, giving us the ultimate bow out so we can go in to this new generation of gaming with a sweet taste of victory in our mouth from playing such a momentous game. The game play is incredibly smart and tactical, it suits your needs. If you're a fan of long range combat, it will adapt to how you like to play. If you like to mix it up like me, that's okay too. The customizable and interchangeable weapon and powers system is incredibly smart and well thought out for every breed of gamer. The character and story development is as good as anything I've ever seen. Most Hollywood blockbusters don't have the power like this game had. It truly had me emotionally invested and thinking about the game for weeks if not months after playing it. Still to this day I think about the outstanding feats of the game, and how it delivered on every level. I truly feel Bioshock Infinite got everything right, it was a masterclass in production, gameplay, acting, design, art, story, character and everything you need or want to make a perfect game. I honestly feel this is probably the greatest game of all time. Expand
  16. Rem
    Apr 21, 2013
    This game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff darkThis game is a perfect example of what games should strive to be. Minor technical issues aside, the pacing was great, combat is as fun as ever, and the story is fantastic. Speaking of story, no other games rivals it in terms of ambition. The floating of city of Columbia is perfect example of architecture, and the art pops. The main character Booker, is more than a standard gruff dark history hero. His interactions with the young and beautiful Elizabeth paints an astounding chemistry of a father-daughter relationship. Finally the ending, the ending in short was not what I wanted. Does that it mean it was bad? No, it means that it was perfect in its complexity and design and the final scenes it has to offer got me rushing straight to the forums. Games like that are few and far between, but this one does it better. Overall, Bioshock Infinite is the game I wanted and a true successor to the original Bioshock and in some ways, may surpass it. Irrational Games have always created the most cherished and most ambitious games in history. Like their awesome games, Will the Circle Be Unbroken? Hopefully not. Expand
  17. Apr 15, 2013
    BioShock Infinite isn't a merely a game, it's an experience, one that will leave you questioning everything you know and sad that never again will there be a game so complete.
  18. DME
    Apr 10, 2013
    The graphics and environments are great. The story is excellent, so long as you have the mind to make sense of it (it increasingly becomes more complicated). However, the ending to the story, while satisfying, just wasn't paced very well. The combat is a lot of fun, especially with the SkyHook. Unfortunately, though, you're restricted to being able to carry only two weapons at a time,The graphics and environments are great. The story is excellent, so long as you have the mind to make sense of it (it increasingly becomes more complicated). However, the ending to the story, while satisfying, just wasn't paced very well. The combat is a lot of fun, especially with the SkyHook. Unfortunately, though, you're restricted to being able to carry only two weapons at a time, which I believe was a poor design choice. Weapon and Vigor upgrades are useful, but unimaginative. Now, the most damning part of the game is frequent moments when your immersion is broken, due to contrived character behaviors. For example, Elizabeth will have an emotional scene where she is very angry and confused, but then suddenly become happy again the moment the scene is over. It also bothered me how a lot of unimportant NPCs many times don't acknowledge you. They just ignore you as you loot drawers and trashcans and jump up and down in front of them. You can't interact with them very much, and I feel it takes you out of the game. Also, the whole concept of "stealing" in the game was implemented horribly. Nobody bats an eye if you raid their desks and cabinets, but if you grab a certain item that the game decides is not okay, then suddenly 50 people start mowing you down with guns (because apparently, stealing is punishable by death). But problems aside, Bioshock Infinite is a really awesome game, but it's just far from perfection. If you can look past its faults, you can really enjoy this title. Expand
  19. May 25, 2013
    The most outstanding video game of this generation! Bioshock Infinite is a game that should be played for years and deserves a GOTY award hands down! Truly AMAZING!!!
  20. Dec 7, 2014
    2K Games have managed to engineer a fresh faced version of BioShock that perhaps surpasses those before it. The music is excellent and the graphics are stunning. The story is marvellous, it is challenging to follow yet still makes us feel spoiled. The characters within it also stand strong in their own right. We are still treated to explosive boss battles as well as some classic creepy2K Games have managed to engineer a fresh faced version of BioShock that perhaps surpasses those before it. The music is excellent and the graphics are stunning. The story is marvellous, it is challenging to follow yet still makes us feel spoiled. The characters within it also stand strong in their own right. We are still treated to explosive boss battles as well as some classic creepy BioShock moments. Infinite's setting is perhaps it's best element, floating Columbia is just waiting to be explored. I had never seen such beauty within a game until I played Infinite. BioShock Infinite is added to a small pile of games that have defined this generation. Expand
  21. Apr 5, 2013
    this game is epic. i love the bioshock series and this one is no doubt the best one. the setting columbia is beautiful and breathtaking, the vigors are powerful and fun to use, the gunplay is vastly improved over the other games and elizabeth is the best videogame companion in recent memory! The story is well told and will definitely you. the skyhook is fun as well. everything about thisthis game is epic. i love the bioshock series and this one is no doubt the best one. the setting columbia is beautiful and breathtaking, the vigors are powerful and fun to use, the gunplay is vastly improved over the other games and elizabeth is the best videogame companion in recent memory! The story is well told and will definitely you. the skyhook is fun as well. everything about this game is fantastic which is expected of the bioshock series. It definitely deserves to be a part of any gamers collection...its just that damn good! so do yourself a favor and buy this masterpiece and enjoy adventuring with elizabeth in columbia. Expand
  22. Jul 16, 2013
    I finished the game and my mind was blown according to all the comments and reviews I had read. The story is a perfect "10". You rarely see such a concept so well realised and thouroughly thought of. What it does that exceeds the movies that accomplish that too is that as a game, BioShock Infinite has a consistent theme. The Infinite as it is depicted even in it's gameplay. It's fitting.I finished the game and my mind was blown according to all the comments and reviews I had read. The story is a perfect "10". You rarely see such a concept so well realised and thouroughly thought of. What it does that exceeds the movies that accomplish that too is that as a game, BioShock Infinite has a consistent theme. The Infinite as it is depicted even in it's gameplay. It's fitting.

Its gameplay is well balanced and the exploration is great thanks to the immersive world that Columbia is. The graphics engine is old and that is the biggest problem with the game as it has overstayed its welcome. If it was built on a new engine it could easily (through its beautiful art) grab the perfect score and be a contender for the "game of this gen". It still is, but it still bothers me that it's not technically proficient. It's well built and has no problems and rare framedrops.

All in all, it's one of the best stories ever conceived for a video game has some great plot twists and the way that the story gives away the info that hold it together is perfect. It's a better game than its predecessors and although it doesn't have the same impact with its atmosphere, it does a great job at what it aims to do. Give you an experience you won't forget.
  23. May 22, 2014
    I like the settings, the story and the gameplay in general. It is a solid game with unique perks. For me, Bioshock is a franchise I will always play but never will consider it as a perfect game or 10/10 game. While I enjoyed the game for most of time, I never found the story is that special as someone claimed, and I always need to push myself a little bit to finish the game since the gameI like the settings, the story and the gameplay in general. It is a solid game with unique perks. For me, Bioshock is a franchise I will always play but never will consider it as a perfect game or 10/10 game. While I enjoyed the game for most of time, I never found the story is that special as someone claimed, and I always need to push myself a little bit to finish the game since the game bored me here and there. Expand
  24. Apr 12, 2015
    You play as Booker Dewitt in Bioshock Infinite. You travel to a floating city in the sky to rescue a girl. But then things start going awry, and a mysterious unfolds before your very eyes. Not a perfect story, but this is a beautiful game, and very well done. Definitely worth a play for FPS fans.
  25. Jan 9, 2014
    The first Bioshock is a great videogame, one of my favourites. It blended a dark toned atmosphere and wonderful art styling born of brilliantly influenced ideas with balls to the walls action and an excellent story with a twist that had me questioning my motives of all previous games I have played. Bioshock 2 was a torrid sack of crap cash cow that missed the point of it's predecessor.The first Bioshock is a great videogame, one of my favourites. It blended a dark toned atmosphere and wonderful art styling born of brilliantly influenced ideas with balls to the walls action and an excellent story with a twist that had me questioning my motives of all previous games I have played. Bioshock 2 was a torrid sack of crap cash cow that missed the point of it's predecessor. Bioshock Infinite is my game of the year for 2013, not that that means **** but I loved it. The gameplay is more the same but you can't complain (apart from the massive leap in difficulty when you meet the handymen) however this time the creepy atmosphere is within an almost Disneyesque world set in the clouds made up of the same standard of artwork that was put into Rapture. The story is fantastic, the end had me thinking for two days, piecing together all the things I had seen while playing the game and seeing them in a different light after the final twist and immediately wanted to play through again and it felt like a different game when you are looking for the significance of the answers rather than just the answers you found in the first play through but in the first play through you don't know the questions till after the twist. The characters are just as colourful as the original while at the same time not kissing it's ass by copy and pasting the villain structure. This game is a must buy. Expand
  26. Mar 10, 2014
    Un excelente juego, casi al climax del primero, una historia impresionate, una calidad grafica sobrecogedora y la ciudad de Columbia, y por supuesto el personaje de Elizabeth, que es de lo mejor del juego, mi punto en contra seria que conforme avanzas el juego se vuelve mas lineal quitando el factor de exploracion que distinguia al Bioshock original, los vigorizadores no son tanUn excelente juego, casi al climax del primero, una historia impresionate, una calidad grafica sobrecogedora y la ciudad de Columbia, y por supuesto el personaje de Elizabeth, que es de lo mejor del juego, mi punto en contra seria que conforme avanzas el juego se vuelve mas lineal quitando el factor de exploracion que distinguia al Bioshock original, los vigorizadores no son tan espectaculares como los adams. Expand
  27. Apr 22, 2013
    This is an excellent swan song for the 360. This beautiful well made game has been the beautiful story driven game I've been waiting (way too long) for. The use of weapons and plasmids, sorry vigors is just as fun and flexible as in the Rapture based games. It took everything we loved from the first game and transplanted them into this new venue. Now I don't feel that it surpassed theThis is an excellent swan song for the 360. This beautiful well made game has been the beautiful story driven game I've been waiting (way too long) for. The use of weapons and plasmids, sorry vigors is just as fun and flexible as in the Rapture based games. It took everything we loved from the first game and transplanted them into this new venue. Now I don't feel that it surpassed the original (except in graphics) It did a great job with gameplay and storytelling but I don't think it really kicked it up a notch. Thats not a complaint, keeping the franchise on par with the original is a huge job which they did well. The addition of the skyhook was fun, allowing you to travel quickly above and below enemies giving fights more depth. The best addition is hands down Elizabeth. Having a companion who not only didn't need babysitting but actually helped YOU out during fights is an awesome feat which many games struggle with. It more than the new locale is what really made this feel like it was worth the wait. The only quibble I was left with was the fact that the story while interesting did not draw me in like Rapture did the first time. I know that judging it by its predecessor is not totally fair but it is what I kept thinking. And yes there is a twist at the end which I did not see coming and I was tying my brain in knots trying to predict what it would be. Bottom line is definitely buy it. It is a fun game with an engaging story, even if it did not surpass my high expectations it was still very good. Expand
  28. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is not only one of the best story-driven games, but it’s one of the best games ever. With a fantastic chemistry between the game’s two central characters, one of the most stunningly realised game worlds, some excellent game mechanics, incredible production values and a frankly genius story, it’s a game that simply everyone and his dog must own.
  29. May 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite triumphs over all of todays modern military shooters delivering a complex story, evolved gameplay mechanics and only falling short on sound design and graphics. Anyone that gives this a bad review is an obnoxious COD fanboy who have no right to be posting their "superior opinion" it is time that people grow up and look for an intelligent shooter like this.
  30. Jun 30, 2015
    Possibly the best entry in the series Bioshock infinite is confusing and mind boggling to the point of which it is brilliant. Starting out in the floating city of Colombia you are Booker Dewitt, a drunk, a gambler and most importantly a man with nothing to lose sent to retrieve a girl without motive, without question, with money on his mind. However when he realizes he is more out then hePossibly the best entry in the series Bioshock infinite is confusing and mind boggling to the point of which it is brilliant. Starting out in the floating city of Colombia you are Booker Dewitt, a drunk, a gambler and most importantly a man with nothing to lose sent to retrieve a girl without motive, without question, with money on his mind. However when he realizes he is more out then he bargained for Booker not only finds himself on the verge of death a many of time but a reason worth living. With plots twists and fun and fluent Bioshock game-play the only thing preventing me from giving this game a ten is that fact that no game will ever be perfect and there will be always ways to make games better which is the beauty of the industry. With great replay after your mind has blow from the ending great ready for one bumpy ride Expand

1. May 27, 2013
    An instant classic that should be kept in a special place in every gamer's collection.
  2. May 11, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a sure-fire game-of-the-year candidate, and definitely one of the standout single-player games of this generation.
  3. Apr 19, 2013
    Fuzzy-headed narrative and thematically irrelevant auxiliary mechanics make Infinite feel sloppy even when it's working. Combat increases in frequency and decreases in impact after the Hall of Heroes, so for most of its length the game sinks towards a deflated ending rather than rising towards a climax. However, that slow descent starts from a great height, so there is still much to value in Infinite even as it drowns in its own shortcomings.