BioShock Xbox 360

8.9

1. FelixS
    Jul 30, 2008
    An intelligent, different FPS, that is so much better than Halo, due to its interesting storyline and unique art direction.
  2. JoeB
    Jul 4, 2008
    Amazing game, must have for anyone who likes shooter/rpg style games, and a immerse storyline, what more could a person want and here in England it's all for 18-25 pounds.
  3. AnonymousMC
    Aug 1, 2008
    This game is the pinnacle of interactive entertainment as we know it. Immersive gameplay, wonderful music, incredible graphics, and quite possibly the best story in a video game EVER. The only two games on the 360 to even RIVAL it are GTA: IV, and The Orange Box. Playing it is an amazing experience, and definitely says something about the future of gaming.
  4. JaneP.
    Aug 1, 2008
    Best game that I've played in a long time. Brilliant story, brilliant graphics and gameplay. A must play game!!! Thoroughly recommended.
  5. AndrewO.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Bioshock is not a game that falls under a single genre. It is mostly an action-horror-RPG, but it also has unique puzzle and exploration elements reminiscent of Metroid Prime. The graphics in this game are some of the best on the Xbox 360. Your enemies aquire burns when you set them on fire. When you pass through a waterfall, your vision blurs. The framerate drops occasionally, but you Bioshock is not a game that falls under a single genre. It is mostly an action-horror-RPG, but it also has unique puzzle and exploration elements reminiscent of Metroid Prime. The graphics in this game are some of the best on the Xbox 360. Your enemies aquire burns when you set them on fire. When you pass through a waterfall, your vision blurs. The framerate drops occasionally, but you have the option of setting the graphics quality lower. The gameplay is phenomenal. You have many ways of putting down your enemies. One of my favorite strategies was putting a dummy near a group of foes, then unleasing a swarm of hornets to do my dirty work. The "Moral Decisions" weren't quite what I expected, The onlly option you have is choosing if you'll kill the little girls and aquire 160 ADAM (the currency used to buy new powers) or save them and get 80 ADAM. Hacking was one of my favorite elements of the game. You can stun an enemy machine and choose to hack it, which ques a puzzle minigame that is better than many full-fledged puzzlers in its own right. I find it difficult to explain it, so I won't. I found that sometimes it was literally impossible to do the puzzle, so I had to buy special gene tonics to help me with them. Overall, I found Bioshock to be a very engaging game, even if it does have its flaws (what game doesn't, really). It ranks among classics like Super Mario Bros. and Metal Gear Solid. Expand
  6. RafaelM.
    Aug 7, 2008
    For me this game is much better than Cod4 or Halo because I think its much better an inmersive game than a war game. The people wo think this game sucks, think it again.
  7. ChrisP.
    Sep 4, 2008
    Bioshock is one of a vanishingly small number of games that offers such a well crafted and immersive experience that it's not to be missed by anyone who plays video games (At all, ever :). The story is compelling, the characters are quirky and interesting, and the visuals are eyeball popping impressive. Two thumbs and a genetically modified prehensile tail up!
  8. StevenV
    Dec 15, 2009
    this is obviously a game where, if you don't get it, you don't get it. Some people love playing games for its story or its immersion or its gameplay. The story and atmosphere are so amazingly well done that it has some bugs and doesn't focus on gameplay, though its combat is good. Immersion and story are really important in my eyes and i have beaten the game 11 times and this is obviously a game where, if you don't get it, you don't get it. Some people love playing games for its story or its immersion or its gameplay. The story and atmosphere are so amazingly well done that it has some bugs and doesn't focus on gameplay, though its combat is good. Immersion and story are really important in my eyes and i have beaten the game 11 times and counting since its release. So I have given it a 10 and it will most likely always be my favorite game ever... at least until the sequel. Expand
  9. frankyf
    Dec 28, 2009
    Awsome powers great guns. The game had a storyline that made me sad and angry.And made me come back to play it over to see others ending. I recommand it.
  10. KeikoC
    Mar 29, 2009
    Awesome game, a bit late on the review, but better late than never. So many random down-voters for this game. Especially this one: "Eric B. gave it a0: Me no understand to complicated me want smash in halo no multiplayer to me want kill people for no reason.To many character and plot is hard me cant understand." i mean cmon.
  11. ColinC
    Mar 29, 2009
    Simply incredible. I'm late playing this game (Mar. 2009), but it's still one of the top three games I've played on any of the current systems (and I own all three.) Although if you're playing the game now and you consider yourself any kind of gamer, make sure you download the update and disable the vitachambers so you can actually die. If you don't, any and all Simply incredible. I'm late playing this game (Mar. 2009), but it's still one of the top three games I've played on any of the current systems (and I own all three.) Although if you're playing the game now and you consider yourself any kind of gamer, make sure you download the update and disable the vitachambers so you can actually die. If you don't, any and all challenge is removed from the game because you can never really die. The good news is if you disable the vitachambers, you can still save at any time. So while I died a lot while I figured out how to take down some baddie or group of baddies, I always had a recent save to fall back on so I could try again. Back to the game. Atmosphere. Story. Gameplay. THis game has it all. I so love the crossbow with the bolt trap arrows.. Brilliant! And to Chris R. comment below, yes, you use the wrench a fair bit early on, but as you get the better weapons, the grenade launcher and crossbow, and especially once you find the terminals to upgrade them, I put my wrench away pretty much for good. And the plasmids are great fun too. And the camera, so shooting pictures of your enemies which allows you to learn more about them and kill them better, brilliant. If you haven't played this game, you owe it to yourself to try. I don't truthfully expect the sequel to be this good, especially since it's a different studio doing it, but you never know. Here's hoping. Expand
  12. JacobM
    Aug 17, 2009
    Bioshock is an amazing game that I enjoyed immensely. The dark and eerie atmosphere was so well created that I found it almost overwhelming at points. The plot is much different from any other game that I have ever played or heard of. You are essentially all on your own to escape from Rapture. The plasmids are great, useful, and very creative. However, I did have some problems with thisBioshock is an amazing game that I enjoyed immensely. The dark and eerie atmosphere was so well created that I found it almost overwhelming at points. The plot is much different from any other game that I have ever played or heard of. You are essentially all on your own to escape from Rapture. The plasmids are great, useful, and very creative. However, I did have some problems with this game. Some of the levels were a little too complex, and trying to find certain items was very difficult, because the levels were so big. In addition, the combat is pretty simple and repetitive, except when you run out of EVE and ammo for all your weapons. All in all, Bioshock is a classic game that I would highly recommend to anyone who doesn't want to play keep playing war games with uninteresting plots (CoD WaW) or games that just have you killing one person after another after another (GTA IV). Expand
  13. PaulD.
    Aug 20, 2009
    This game was great in all aspects. The story, setting, mood, and characters were all top notch. I hope part 2 can live up to the first's reputation.
  14. DylanB
    Aug 24, 2009
    When I first played Bioshock, I thought "Okay pretty good but I probably won't play it again soon". I did though and I enjoyed it more and more ever time I played it. Big Daddy's needed to be harder at the end of the game but thats alright. I thought the story was pretty cool too... I hope Bioshock 2 isn't just a rip-off of this one with multiplayer.
  15. JosephP.
    Aug 7, 2009
    To everyone who rated this game lower than a 7, shame on you. This game is not overrated and deserves to be Game of the Year. And for all you people afraid of genocide and evil procedures, do not buy/rent this game due to your low self-esteem. The idea is to barricade these actions between the game and reality, so please do so literally or mentally. Thanks. This is the best game I have To everyone who rated this game lower than a 7, shame on you. This game is not overrated and deserves to be Game of the Year. And for all you people afraid of genocide and evil procedures, do not buy/rent this game due to your low self-esteem. The idea is to barricade these actions between the game and reality, so please do so literally or mentally. Thanks. This is the best game I have ever played on the Xbox 360 and PC. The graphics are phenomenal, the storyline is pretty straightforward, the gameplay was addicting, especially whacking Splicers with the wrench. Hacking wasn't really necessary, but it made me feel better to buy food, items, and ammunition whenever I was low on cash. The Big Daddies were quite a challenge in the beginning. I also came across an extra Little Sister in Neptune's Bounty when I first played it on the Xbox 360, so I got some extra ADAM for myself. The choice whether to harvest or rescue the Little Sisters is very keen. Just to tell you guys, rescuing them will make you choke a little at the ending. The Plasmids are also very useful, especially when you need to upgrade them. The suspenseful sequences keep you on your toes, as well during abrupt occurrences. The game is basically an adventure game with FPS and RPG mixed right in. Big props to @K Boston/Australia for creating such a perfect game! Expand
  16. Benjyx
    Aug 9, 2009
    Ok - Very good game - VERY GOOD. I cannot understand the criticism of the game as boring i found it really enthralling and very immersive . This is the sort of FPS i enjoy it made you feel part of the game. However it was far from perfect and i am not sure it deserves 96 - Multiplayer is no issue (i hate it anyway) But missions were sometimes repetitive and overused, the gunplay Ok - Very good game - VERY GOOD. I cannot understand the criticism of the game as boring i found it really enthralling and very immersive . This is the sort of FPS i enjoy it made you feel part of the game. However it was far from perfect and i am not sure it deserves 96 - Multiplayer is no issue (i hate it anyway) But missions were sometimes repetitive and overused, the gunplay wasn't as exciting as in other games and it just wasn't as good as system shock 2 though that game is of a rather high standard. It certainly deserves plaudits however and is incredibly good compared to Halo, Call Of Duty etc. Two games i found dreadfully dull and tedius. Expand
  17. PeterA
    Sep 12, 2009
    How can someone not like this game? It has everything a good game should have, good and appealing graphics, a fun and full of exploring and choices gameplay, tremendous music and sound affects and a good and intriguing story. It's a shame it lacks multiplayer but the single-player covers for that, you will want to play it over again for sure. If you don't like this game, you How can someone not like this game? It has everything a good game should have, good and appealing graphics, a fun and full of exploring and choices gameplay, tremendous music and sound affects and a good and intriguing story. It's a shame it lacks multiplayer but the single-player covers for that, you will want to play it over again for sure. If you don't like this game, you don't like playing games at all. Expand
  18. Mateo
    Nov 11, 2007
    I cant believe some of the reviews users are putting on this site, or maybe I can, some of these reviews by 'different users" seem very similar. Seriously, jealous Sony fanboys writing bad reviews on a clearly amazing games. As for people who say its to scary please dont bother weve heard it all before and we just wont to play GAMES!!!
  19. SteveDevo
    Nov 1, 2007
    The best game i've ever played in my 30+ years on the planet. Beautifully crafted with a great sense of art direction and a superbly paced narrative.
    Some of the opinions on here are .... odd to say the least. I can appreciate the subject matter and some of the imagery is unsettling... thats the point. it is the human spirit at its worst. The old maxim of absolute power.
    Oh and
    Oh and for all the IDIOTS who give this 0 1's & 2's. I'd be interested in what you consider a great game to be. Share with the group.
    Personally - Bioshock, System Shock2, Sacred Halo, Ocarina
  20. JacobB.
    Oct 11, 2007
    One of the best games I have played in a long time
  21. RayL.
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game or half-life 2 is the greatest game (fps for sure) i've played. The whole presentation just spooked me out. The whole beginning to entering rapture was just so eerie. The game features THE best voice acting i've heard in a game. Sander Cohen is probably the creepiest most demented character i've seen. His random outbursts scared me. On to the graphics. Sure theThis game or half-life 2 is the greatest game (fps for sure) i've played. The whole presentation just spooked me out. The whole beginning to entering rapture was just so eerie. The game features THE best voice acting i've heard in a game. Sander Cohen is probably the creepiest most demented character i've seen. His random outbursts scared me. On to the graphics. Sure the character models are a bit cartoony but the characters are beautiful that way. As most people say, this game features the best water effects ever. That's not saying much. People complain about how "evil" this game is and the violence is to gory blah blah blah. Try Call of Duty 4 that's a violent/ maybe even evil game. Gameplay now. Really fun but i do wish the guns were a bit stronger (machine gun mostly). However the plasmids cancel out that negative point. Who knew shocking water with a bunch of splicers is actually pretty amazingly fun. Everything about this game is well crafted, story, gameplay, graphics and all. Oh and story forgot to mention it, features the coolest twist and turns in a game. There you have it. Why Bioshock is tied for one of the greatest game i've ever played. Expand
  22. LionelE.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Clever gameplay and an atmospheric world will draw you in, but it's the ideas and story that resonate even after the game finishes. That's a big accomplishment for a video game; this is one of the few games that can have impact in a way usually reserved for film, books or music.
  23. bobbunteeh
    Nov 17, 2007
    if you dont like this game...you dont like video games...there is no help for you out there. i suggest to those negative people, to sell their systems. dont fill up review spaces with your idiotic comments which actually might turn off potential buyers. what do you want in a game? seriously? these genius people who made this game made sure you have everything you could ask for in a videoif you dont like this game...you dont like video games...there is no help for you out there. i suggest to those negative people, to sell their systems. dont fill up review spaces with your idiotic comments which actually might turn off potential buyers. what do you want in a game? seriously? these genius people who made this game made sure you have everything you could ask for in a video game and still you aint happy...should it do what? take out your garbage? cook for you? find you a girlfriend?...damn. Expand
  24. AlanA.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Great Game. Compelling story line and great game play keeps you in Gaming Bliss. You have to inject your self with plasmids and that is really where the originality and variety kicks in. The great graphics and art deco feel are really a plus also. THIS GAME IS PERFECTION! Bioshock IS the best FPS out there.
  25. AlessandroF.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Probably one of the best "alternative" FPS ever. Great story and great gameplay. A "Must have" for everyone.
  26. BenB.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Bioshock has all the elements of a great FPS and then throws in more to create a totally new experience. The controls are easy to use. The plot is excellent and has some great voice acting. They did and excellent job making this place feel like an underwater city.
  27. UncleDougB.
    Oct 17, 2007
    A refreshing game with excellent visuals and compelling story. Gameplay is fine, but could use minor tweaking.
  28. UNReal101
    Nov 8, 2007
    I just completed the game &, between working @ my job & going to school, I must say it is a truly engrossing experience. Best Game of 2007, PERIOD. And before you say anything else, I am a huge Halo fan, & I o have Halo3, but nothing can beat this game's incredible, yet strangely sad, story.
  29. JasonT.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Without a doubt one of the most impressive games I have ever played. I usually dislike FPS's, but Bioshock cannot be regarded as simply an FPS. The storyline is unlike any I have experienced in gaming. The twists and turns keep you on edge, and the eerie atmosphere takes you far from your living room and deep into the Ayn Rand inspired world of Rapture. Highly recommended, and damn Without a doubt one of the most impressive games I have ever played. I usually dislike FPS's, but Bioshock cannot be regarded as simply an FPS. The storyline is unlike any I have experienced in gaming. The twists and turns keep you on edge, and the eerie atmosphere takes you far from your living room and deep into the Ayn Rand inspired world of Rapture. Highly recommended, and damn near unmissable. Expand
  30. MikeM.
    Dec 11, 2007
    Simply one of the best games ever, when you beat it, you'll want to go back and play it a different way. You can play using only guns, powers, stealth, traps, or combinations. The best part of bioshock is that the story will touch you and shock you in both good and bad way. Warning when some poeple wrote that this game is evil, it is true, real life isnt always filledwith gum drops.
  31. M.M.
    Oct 21, 2007
    A breath taking experience from beginning to end its not just about shooting people its about using the environment and plasmids to kill hundreds of enemies.
  32. PaulB.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Possibly the game of the year. The graphical style of the game is stunning, the story is compelling, the character design is amazing and the sound is exceptional. On top of all that it actually adds a little spit n shine to the overcrowded FPS market. A benchmark for all single player FPS's to live up to.
  33. AdamD.
    Oct 22, 2007
    BioShock is a survival horror/FPS masterpiece because it takes the bland point shoot repeat style and shakes it up with plasmids, tonics, cunning enemies, and upgradeable weapons. This is easily the best survival horror game since Resident Evil 4.
  34. JosephD.
    Dec 20, 2007
    It's a good game overall, but after a while it gets rather repetitive. All you do is shoot one enemy after another that don't seem to change and the shooting mechanics take some getting used to. The story in general is great, some cool twists towards the end but not as spectacular as everyone says it is. However beyond these flaws the game is excellent and well worth a purchase.
  35. BobJ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    This game is amazing. anyone who gives it even a 9 didn't really test out the wide variety of killing your foes,like using telekinesis on fire bolts to lodge it in foes, pull it out, then shoot it back in for rapid damage, using mines on objects(you have to plant them far apart from eachother to really do any damage), and taking advantage of those leaks from the cieling and This game is amazing. anyone who gives it even a 9 didn't really test out the wide variety of killing your foes,like using telekinesis on fire bolts to lodge it in foes, pull it out, then shoot it back in for rapid damage, using mines on objects(you have to plant them far apart from eachother to really do any damage), and taking advantage of those leaks from the cieling and electrocuting enemies through the use of the distraction dummy... oh, and it doesnt stop there. All the plasmids have more than one use, and if you just hate it....your just not using your head enough. The graphics are incredible, especially the water, and the big daddies are a fun challenge, and they infinitely respawn like the splicers in the game. The splicers are also great ai, the thuggish ones even run behind walls, then attack; making it harder to shoot them in the head. The spider and houdini splicers are both powerful and stealthy, the lead heads strafe and hell, even dash to the side or back flip to dodge some bullets, and the nitro splicers run away while throwing exploves at you (not to mention using smoke bombs to run away if you get close up). The story was superior to even movies, and the aiming is just actually easier than Halo controls. By far, this is going to be the best game of 2007, and will probably stay the highest rated 360 game on here (it wouldve been 97 if there werent so many inaccurate reviewers that gave it lower than 9.5s!) Expand
  36. ZakH.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Amazing game. Great gameplay & story. One of the best games I have ever played.
  37. DannySmith
    Aug 18, 2007
    This game is a pure spectacle of intense atmosphere and wonderful sound. I agree, this game is practically art. It doesn't let up or disappoint from start to finish. Pat the guys at 2K Games and Irrational on the back for this one. Superb job courtesy of Irrational and 2K Games QA teams as well!
  38. ShaneS.
    Aug 21, 2007
    This is the first game in a long time that actually lives up to the hype. Everything you read about in the previews is not only in the game, but the devs held up all their promises to a high degree. Gears of War's ducking mechanic promised to change FPS games for years to come. It didn't. Oblivion promised radiant AI. That was cut from the game at the last minute. I haven't This is the first game in a long time that actually lives up to the hype. Everything you read about in the previews is not only in the game, but the devs held up all their promises to a high degree. Gears of War's ducking mechanic promised to change FPS games for years to come. It didn't. Oblivion promised radiant AI. That was cut from the game at the last minute. I haven't been this satisfied with a game since RE4. Expand
  39. WesMiller
    Aug 21, 2007
    I rented Bioshock this morning (willl be gifted a copy of my own during the holiday season) and have been playing it for nine straight hours. I'm breaking now only because I'm starving, need to take some advil after all that time spent staring, riveting, at the screen, and I felt the need to let people know--believe the reviews. It's really that good.
  40. WilliamFaidley
    Aug 21, 2007
    This game is truely awesome. There is no other game like it out there. The art style is incredible! The gameplay is solid, and in some cases challenging. It's goal was to "redefine what it is to be a shooter" and I think it has truely succeded with this. Many of the reviews have stated that it is a game that may be passed aside for being too original, or too different. I hope this isThis game is truely awesome. There is no other game like it out there. The art style is incredible! The gameplay is solid, and in some cases challenging. It's goal was to "redefine what it is to be a shooter" and I think it has truely succeded with this. Many of the reviews have stated that it is a game that may be passed aside for being too original, or too different. I hope this is not the case, because this game is worth a buy! Expand
  41. ScottR.
    Aug 23, 2007
    Caring for a character in game is not usually in any game. Having regret a choice you made in game is not rare. But when you feel what you did is wrong. There is something very special in that game. That is what what BioShock is and more.
  42. ShawnG.
    Aug 23, 2007
    One of the best and most polished games I've played on ANY system. The time they spent getting the little ambiance things right is a pleasure!! And playing with all the plasmids if a fun combat sandbox. This is a great title.
  43. JoshF.
    Aug 23, 2007
    The fact this game was produced in today's game market is a miracle. It is first and foremost a stunning game: Fun, replayable, and deep. But add onto that levels of atmosphere and storytelling unlike anything else out there and you begin to understand. Bioshock makes all other games look lazy. If there is a better game that has been released in the past five years I haven't The fact this game was produced in today's game market is a miracle. It is first and foremost a stunning game: Fun, replayable, and deep. But add onto that levels of atmosphere and storytelling unlike anything else out there and you begin to understand. Bioshock makes all other games look lazy. If there is a better game that has been released in the past five years I haven't played. And I've played too many to count. Finally, it has a POINT. It wil make you think and dream about the nature of man and our place. What more could we ask for in what is already a genre-leading game? Expand
  44. BrendanN.
    Aug 24, 2007
    It's rare nowadays to find a game that is "the total package". Most games are so focused on doing ONE aspect of the game perfectly that they fail at the other parts of the game miserably. This is not the case with Bioshock. From graphics to gameplay, sound to storyline, Bioshock is a perfect example of what games can do. Of course the game looks amazing, plays wonderfully, and sounds It's rare nowadays to find a game that is "the total package". Most games are so focused on doing ONE aspect of the game perfectly that they fail at the other parts of the game miserably. This is not the case with Bioshock. From graphics to gameplay, sound to storyline, Bioshock is a perfect example of what games can do. Of course the game looks amazing, plays wonderfully, and sounds incredible. But it's the storyline that will stick with you long after the final battle. Games have offered their players moral choices to make for years now, but trust me when I say that you have NEVER seen anything like this. The game puts you in situations that actually make you feel like someone's hero, or on the flip side, it could make you feel so guilty that you may feel like you should be doing time in jail. That's where Bioshock differs from other games. It actually forces you to confront your emotions, sometimes shockingly. If you're a gamer of ANY type, then you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not playing this game. It's one of the best games ever made, and the atmosphere alone is so unique that it's already topped anything you've seen before. Expand
  45. MaxC.III
    Aug 24, 2007
    This is one amazing game. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay and story line are top notch, and it is easily now one of my favorite games. The downsides? No multiplayer and no New Game+ (all games that involve any type of leveling up should have new game plus, in my opinion). Anyway, buy or rent this game NOW.
  46. MarcoV.
    Aug 24, 2007
    One of the best games out there on any platform! Story is compelling and twisted at the same time. Definatley a must buy from a gamer's perspective. All the people that gave a low score must have something againts playing incredible games or they dont know how the story develops. Try and listen to all the recordings on the games they would give you so much feedback as to why Rapture One of the best games out there on any platform! Story is compelling and twisted at the same time. Definatley a must buy from a gamer's perspective. All the people that gave a low score must have something againts playing incredible games or they dont know how the story develops. Try and listen to all the recordings on the games they would give you so much feedback as to why Rapture is the way it is. Going back with Mr. Bubbles now! Expand
  47. Clint
    Aug 24, 2007
    The FPS that captivates FPS lovers, and those who have never been into them, like myself.
  48. JeremyS.
    Aug 24, 2007
    Shockingly good. Breathtaking graphics. Unparalleled customization and freedom in a fps. And best of all more creepily realistic atmosphere than you can shake a stick at.
    Aug 24, 2007
    This game is filled with brilliant graphics and mulillayered choices. Unfortunately, it's gameplay lacking. First off, it's impossilbe to lose, as you can die over and over and over and over without effecting your progress at all. The dead stay dead and the wounded stay wounded. Overall, fighting is also a good, but not great, experience. The low levels of ammo make strategy This game is filled with brilliant graphics and mulillayered choices. Unfortunately, it's gameplay lacking. First off, it's impossilbe to lose, as you can die over and over and over and over without effecting your progress at all. The dead stay dead and the wounded stay wounded. Overall, fighting is also a good, but not great, experience. The low levels of ammo make strategy interesting, but that's all the fighting becomes. It's all planning the most conservitive way to get the job done, with no normal shooter skill and risk. In the end it doesn't matter, because of the unlimited respawn system. Honestly, i can't believe this game is getting such good reviews. Sure it has an amazing amtmosphere and story, but is it fun? Expand
  50. TerrellM.
    Aug 24, 2007
    IT is one of best games ever no Question about it
  51. JeremyI.
    Aug 24, 2007
    I haven't enjoyed a game this much since halo 2.
  52. ChrisS.
    Aug 25, 2007
    Simply put one of the best FPS games of all time. On the same level of Halfe Life 1 and 2. Instant classic the story is compelling, the research is addictive, and tuning the combinations of powerups you have and how you use them creates combat that is far more compelling then almost all other FPS/Adventure games out there.
  53. Kb
    Aug 25, 2007
    One of the best games I've played ina long time, and arguably the best game on the Xbox 360 so far. Plasmids are fun, and the FPS elements are nice, but what really makes this game so great is its compelling storyline. Anyone who owns a 360 should play this game once. Maybe even twice!
  54. RandyM.
    Aug 25, 2007
    This game is a simple equation. RPG + FPS = Bioshock. Yet...it comes together brilliantly and flawlessly, delivering one of the best gaming experiences of this generation. You would be missing out on gaming's best if you didn't play this game. There's just too many good things about this game to put in one review. The only advice I can give is to find out exactly how good This game is a simple equation. RPG + FPS = Bioshock. Yet...it comes together brilliantly and flawlessly, delivering one of the best gaming experiences of this generation. You would be missing out on gaming's best if you didn't play this game. There's just too many good things about this game to put in one review. The only advice I can give is to find out exactly how good it is for yourself. Play it. Now. Expand
  55. EricC.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Really is as mind-blowingly good as the critics are saying. Easily the most cinematic game since Gears of War (it may not be that long of a period, but it's saying a lot). The graphics take the back seat (and they're some of the best...ever) as the story and combat steal the show. A lot of people praise the amount of strategy needed for almost every gun fight, but really, Really is as mind-blowingly good as the critics are saying. Easily the most cinematic game since Gears of War (it may not be that long of a period, but it's saying a lot). The graphics take the back seat (and they're some of the best...ever) as the story and combat steal the show. A lot of people praise the amount of strategy needed for almost every gun fight, but really, it's not that complicated. You see an oil slick, an enemy is standing of this oil slick, you have flame powers, put two and two together. There are also enough shocks and disturbing scenes to impress horror fans, and the constant dread that hovers throughout the game will keep your heart going. But at the end of the day, its the moral choices and the haunting narrative that sticks with you. If you have a pc or a 360 (and especially if you have a high-def tv) you really can't afford to not pay $50-60 for this classic. Expand
  56. MikeS.
    Aug 26, 2007
    At first, I couldn't understand why 2K Boston would want to pull the rug out from under the player's feet by allowing them to respawn indefinitely upon dying, but as I got further into the game, and the story really started taking its beautifully crafted twists and turns, it dawned on me that a story this good should not be interrupted by dying. Yes, the Vita-Chambers mitigate At first, I couldn't understand why 2K Boston would want to pull the rug out from under the player's feet by allowing them to respawn indefinitely upon dying, but as I got further into the game, and the story really started taking its beautifully crafted twists and turns, it dawned on me that a story this good should not be interrupted by dying. Yes, the Vita-Chambers mitigate the challenge to a certain extent, but they allow you to experience one of the most thought-provoking, heart-pounding, and ultimately rewarding storylines in gaming ever without having to "reread" the same segment of story over and over again. If you're looking for the same kind of challenge you're used to in an FPS, save your game often, and simply reload it when you perish. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the elements coming together to create one of the most unforgettably brilliant games to exists. Expand
  57. LowBias
    Aug 27, 2007
    This game looks great, but I'm not sure I agree with all the hoopla surrounding it. The actual gameplay is repetitive and just not inspiring at all.

Now, I only played the demo. I wasn't nearly as excited after playing the demo as I was reading the reviews here. The story is great, but the game play makes the story feel separate from the game play itself. You should rent it or download the demo first. I've decided against purchasing it.
  58. SamH.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Actually, this would get a 9.5 from me, but 10 is my only closest option. In any case, this is one of the best games since Deus Ex. The only rational complaint I see about this game is that there is no penality for death. While this is somewhat true that you can exploit the Vita Chambers in the current version (1.0), that is NOT the spirit of the game. It seems silly that people think Actually, this would get a 9.5 from me, but 10 is my only closest option. In any case, this is one of the best games since Deus Ex. The only rational complaint I see about this game is that there is no penality for death. While this is somewhat true that you can exploit the Vita Chambers in the current version (1.0), that is NOT the spirit of the game. It seems silly that people think this game isnt great because they choose to ruin the single player experience for themselves. Is it not the spirit of The Sims to try and creativly make your experience as fun as possible? Yes, says the ciritcs, and why it gets such good scores. Bioshock is no different in this reguard. Although it might not be fun for you if you exploit the fact that you regenerate at a chamber when you die, most people dont play Bioshock just to "win" and exploit thier own expereince (its like saying people play the Sims just to try and get the most money). The reason it got rave reviews, because its basically the "Sims" of the shooter world... the expericnce is as good as you make it. It helps too that the atmosphere and story is the best in any video game since the orignal Deus Ex. And the limited ammo makes this Survival-Horror game still in that genre, but it's open enough to allow lots of choices in your gameplay and still be considered a shooter. This game might be an 8 if you play it just to get to the end, or you're not interested in the "hybrid" survival-shooter-RPG genre this game is. For the rest of us, its clearly more. Expand
  59. Adrian
    Aug 27, 2007
    An amazing rollercoaster of a ride that oozes atmosphere. The attention to detail is phenomenal and the graphics are incredible. You really get involved in the story behind Rapture and the mystery surrounding this underwater "Utopia". This game provides plenty of thrills and tension that's sure to keep you on your toes at all times and see it through to the end. Sure, this game An amazing rollercoaster of a ride that oozes atmosphere. The attention to detail is phenomenal and the graphics are incredible. You really get involved in the story behind Rapture and the mystery surrounding this underwater "Utopia". This game provides plenty of thrills and tension that's sure to keep you on your toes at all times and see it through to the end. Sure, this game isn't perfect (no game is), but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a 10. Easily one of the best games on XBOX 360 and probably one of the best games overall that I have played in the last 6 or 7 years. Expand
  60. MikkoM.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Atmosphere, story, basic game mechanics. It just is so damn close to perfect. If Fallout 3 was developed by Irrational Games I would cry for happynes. I place my bet that we have a game of the year winner right here.
  61. JohnV.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Excellent visuals, engaging plot, top notch voice acting, and an interesting gameplay system help make this one of the most memorable (perhaps best, too) FPS games ever. Although I prefer Half-Life 2, BioShock is probably my second most loved FPS. Halo falls short, I'm afraid. The multiple endings help with replay value, and the relationship between the Big Daddies and the Little Excellent visuals, engaging plot, top notch voice acting, and an interesting gameplay system help make this one of the most memorable (perhaps best, too) FPS games ever. Although I prefer Half-Life 2, BioShock is probably my second most loved FPS. Halo falls short, I'm afraid. The multiple endings help with replay value, and the relationship between the Big Daddies and the Little Sisters is enduring. I'm a fan of Ken Levine all of a sudden. Oh, and in regards to the "adult gamer" who wrote the 0 out of 10 review above for the game's morbidity, you might be an "adult" but you're definitely not mature. Oh...or are you a modern day puritan? Killing Locust in Gears of War is okay (even with the gratuitous blood) but the second you replace already humanoid figures with even more humanoid figures, you call foul? Idiot. Expand
  62. EricT.
    Aug 28, 2007
    This game will scare the crap right out of you.... no seriously. You're going to want to keep a roll of TP handy as you play. Without a doubt the best experience I've had on my 360.
  63. MATTHEWS
    Sep 22, 2007
    I believe its one of the most heart wrenching and atmospheric games ever created.Irrational games pulled an amazing feat and did things that no other developer will try in a long time.Graphics are incredible,and the sound can make you jump out of your chair.Lets not even begin on the amazing story.
  64. NickT.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Great to look at and starts off as a potential fire cracker of a game, unfortunately apart from a couple of events, gamepley is quite repetitive and the choices are not as controversial as originally hyped. I think one play through will be enough for a majority of gamers. I see lots of second hand copies hitting the streets already to back this statement up. Still, a master class in how Great to look at and starts off as a potential fire cracker of a game, unfortunately apart from a couple of events, gamepley is quite repetitive and the choices are not as controversial as originally hyped. I think one play through will be enough for a majority of gamers. I see lots of second hand copies hitting the streets already to back this statement up. Still, a master class in how to make a game atmospheric so I'd give it an award for artistic design, shame the gameplay was lacking. Expand
  65. BillyB.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Fantastic game throughout, but I take two points away for the endings.
  66. JD
    Sep 25, 2007
    This is an example of a team bringing something spectacular to life. You can tell that a lot of emotion was put into this. This game has everything, great looks, great gameplay, an AMAZING story, and memorable characters. I found so many moments that my jaw just dropped it was incredible. Bring on the sequels, because I know they will be great, but for now I'm going to bask in its This is an example of a team bringing something spectacular to life. You can tell that a lot of emotion was put into this. This game has everything, great looks, great gameplay, an AMAZING story, and memorable characters. I found so many moments that my jaw just dropped it was incredible. Bring on the sequels, because I know they will be great, but for now I'm going to bask in its excellence. Expand
  67. JamesB.
    Sep 25, 2007
    Phenomenal game. Graphics are so smooth, story is so compelling. Its nice to see new, original, unique ideas for creating games are not dead.
  68. AllenA.
    Sep 26, 2007
    The fact is that it is an extraordinary single player game, but short, and having no multiplayer to back up the single player, after you beat it its over. Nothing else to do. Just kinda puts a damper from the game that could have been even better.
  69. NathanH.
    Sep 28, 2007
    It's game of the year, pure and simple. Some shortcomings, but the good parts outweigh the bad ones heavily. It's possibly the best FPS to date.
  70. ColeF.
    Jan 14, 2008
    An amazing game that is scary and exciting. though some of the splicers you must kill look kind of cartoonish the blood water and generally everthing else looks amazing if you gave this anything bellow an 8 you shouldn't be rating games because obviously you don't know a good game when you see it.
  71. MikeJackson
    Feb 12, 2008
    Roger Ebert was lambasted by gamers for saying that games weren't an art form like film. Well, that argument took place long before Bioshock, and it's the game that proves that interactive media can have all the artistic elements of film, with the benefit of controlling it yourself. Bioshock is incredible - its story is incredible, its design is incredible, its gameplay isRoger Ebert was lambasted by gamers for saying that games weren't an art form like film. Well, that argument took place long before Bioshock, and it's the game that proves that interactive media can have all the artistic elements of film, with the benefit of controlling it yourself. Bioshock is incredible - its story is incredible, its design is incredible, its gameplay is incredible. It is the pinnacle of how you tell a story through a game. It is epic without being hyperbolic, touching without pandering, and effortlessly creepy. I cannot say enough good things about it. Buy it! Expand
  72. JobA.
    Feb 12, 2008
    10 isn't even close to what this game is and It will be a LONG time before this can be topped. No PS3 or PS4-whatever will be able to come out with a game this good.This is just one reason of the plenty of reasons why you should pick a 360 over the PS people.None of there exclusive games will even compare and trust me I know the one's coming out.This game is truly next-gen and 10 isn't even close to what this game is and It will be a LONG time before this can be topped. No PS3 or PS4-whatever will be able to come out with a game this good.This is just one reason of the plenty of reasons why you should pick a 360 over the PS people.None of there exclusive games will even compare and trust me I know the one's coming out.This game is truly next-gen and actually ahead of its time with everything going on in it.I'm glad it won all the awards it won but I think it should of won them all cause I put it that high on a pedestal. I've been gaming for 24 years on multiple platforms, and its all about the 360 and Bioshock at this day and age. Expand
  73. AnonymousMC
    Feb 18, 2008
    'm a big ps3 fan that owns a 360. I grew up playing on playstation because of all the RPG's. Well, I didn't want to like this game, but I do. In fact, I love it. It is the BEST game on the 360 to date...the best game on ANY next-gen console IMO.
    1. Beautiful storyline--Starts out slow, but definitely picks up.
    2. Great Graphics 3. Great battle system...I love it. 4.
    1. Beautiful storyline--Starts out slow, but definitely picks up.
    2. Great Graphics
    3. Great battle system...I love it.
    4. Great art direction--creature & world design is excellent
    5. Tear shedder--the game can make you cry (in a good way)...seriously.

Anyhow, I'm 100% surprised by this game. I still don't like the 360 much and think the hardware is crap...but this game is top notch and a reason to overlook the RRoD...it's a must own title.
  74. ShayP.
    Feb 24, 2008
    WOW, this game is easily my favorite games of all time. The game play is amazing, and the finale was amazing. Try to take your hands away from the controller in the ending of Bioshock!
  75. BrettP.
    Feb 24, 2008
    One thing that plagues sites like this is the fact that people can (and do) type short, one-word reviews like "awesome" or "this gam suks blls." Unfortunately, these work well with some games/movies, where you'll either like it or you'll love it. From time to time, however, a game like Bioshock comes around, and blows that rule sky high. I realize that this might seem a menial One thing that plagues sites like this is the fact that people can (and do) type short, one-word reviews like "awesome" or "this gam suks blls." Unfortunately, these work well with some games/movies, where you'll either like it or you'll love it. From time to time, however, a game like Bioshock comes around, and blows that rule sky high. I realize that this might seem a menial fact, but the fact of the matter is, you can't define a game like Bioshock in a short review. You can't say "awesome," and leave it at that. Bioshock is the most in-depth, innovative, thought-provoking game in recent memory. It is easily the best game of '07, an honor which is magnified by the fact that this year was a red-letter year for video games. Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, even party games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 stole the show. But Bioshock eclipses them all. This is the first game I've ever played that force YOU up into the spotlight. Your morality will be questioned, and you will find out who you really are. Without giving too much away, you will make decisions that will tear you conscience in half. And the denouement raises another question as well; one that I won't even hint at, for fear of giving away the ABSOLUTELY STUNNING ending. Remember how you felt at the end of the Sixth Sense? Multiply that times 20, and you'll approach the feeling you get at the end. I AM NOT KIDDING IN THE SLIGHTEST. You will be knocked on the floor (O.K, I'm kidding there). There truly is not much more that I can say about this game. The graphics are great, the handling is awesome, blah blah blah. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a million times. If you still don't feel like getting up and buying the game right this moment, you never will. I can't stress enough the thought-provoking, dystopian city of Rapture that you'll get the chance to walk through. But even if that's not enough, all these 100's above can't be wrong. Expand
  76. SamuelS.
    Mar 16, 2008
    As gripping a narrative that any FPS has a right to have. Never mind the airtight controls, total contextual immersion, and creepy sound design, this game will pull you in and keep you there until the end. Then you may scratch your head a bit and get the notion that reading up on Ayn Rand might be in order, but that's all on you.
  77. BobTheImpalor
    Apr 19, 2008
    Simply Stunning, er well maybe rather complexly stunning. With an atmosphere that portrays the dystopian 1950's environment so well and a pulse pounding story it was the one game of '07 that truly impressed me, and while it may have its faults it still made me feel like a citizen of rapture.
  78. JasonQ.
    Apr 26, 2008
    This was the best first person shooter I've every played. Anyhow the best part was the story and the hacking. GOD! I could go on forever!
  79. AlexW.
    Jun 22, 2008
    The game, in no way deserves a 0. If you rated it 0 or less than 5 even you're a complete idiot and need to leave, here's why: You're just looking at the fact that the majority gives it a 10 and says they love it. Which you should give the game what it deserves, which is AT LEAST a 7, so you rate it a 0 because you think it doesn't deserve all the 10's its The game, in no way deserves a 0. If you rated it 0 or less than 5 even you're a complete idiot and need to leave, here's why: You're just looking at the fact that the majority gives it a 10 and says they love it. Which you should give the game what it deserves, which is AT LEAST a 7, so you rate it a 0 because you think it doesn't deserve all the 10's its getting. The game is great, it's entertaining, and it's certainly a must have. So much better than Doom 3. Expand
  80. TaylorB.
    Jul 17, 2008
    An amazing game in almost every regard. The graphics are excellent with the water effects being especially good. The sound is phenomenal, adding to the creepy, dilapidated atmosphere of the game. The combat in the game is visceral and satisfying with a well-rounded selection of weapons and plasmids to choose from. The story is one of the best I have seen in a first person shooter in a An amazing game in almost every regard. The graphics are excellent with the water effects being especially good. The sound is phenomenal, adding to the creepy, dilapidated atmosphere of the game. The combat in the game is visceral and satisfying with a well-rounded selection of weapons and plasmids to choose from. The story is one of the best I have seen in a first person shooter in a long time. The only negative issues were some instances of texture pop-in, a slight lack of challenge (Vita-Chambers) and hacking puzzles, which by the end of the game begin to get tedious. Despite some of these flaws the game is still an excellent game. It is definitely worth the 60 dollar asking price. Collapse
  81. AnonymousMC
    Jul 27, 2008
    I think that people who love halo and only halo should NOT review a game based on the fact that it takes some thought to understand. In other words, IT IS A GAME FOR GROWN-UPS, YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND (Also, don't give a bad review just b/c you're too stupid to understand, or you got a bad copy of the game)
  82. CrunkP.
    Jul 29, 2008
    It's difficult for me to find a FPS shooter that holds my interest. Call of Duty 4? Boring. Halo 3? Boring. But Bioshock? AMAZING! It's more than just walk around and shoot monsters/people. You have to figure things out. The storyline is engaging - I loved playing it at night with the surround sound...very creepy! A flawless game, in my opinion. I need more games like this.
  83. TheoY.
    Aug 27, 2008
    This game is, in my opinion, the best and most revolutionary video-game of all time, recently destroying the opinion I held of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for five years. Why is this? Because like Ocarina was the first game to really give its story a soul, to motivate you to save the princess, make you laugh and wrench at your heart at times, Bioshock does something so much This game is, in my opinion, the best and most revolutionary video-game of all time, recently destroying the opinion I held of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for five years. Why is this? Because like Ocarina was the first game to really give its story a soul, to motivate you to save the princess, make you laugh and wrench at your heart at times, Bioshock does something so much greater. It elevates video-games to an art form. This is not to say that the game is perfect, far from it. The story of the protagonist (and NOT the underlying story of the game) falls apart a little bit toward the end and, on Normal and Easy difficulty, you can probably breeze through the game using only your wrench and some select plasmids. However, there's something this game does that none prior has ever done. It's taught us something about humanity. People who play this game will come away from it with their own opinions and lessons learned, and there is little more satisfying than that. It is a roller-coaster ride of fear, emotion and intrigue that ultimately teaches us that perhaps not having all that we seek to attain is what keeps us human. If you really just want to enjoy an amazing story and learn these all-encompassing lessons for yourself, pick Normal, pick up that wrench and get going. If you want challenging gameplay attached to all that great stuff, download the 360 Downloadable content, choose Hard Mode, disable Vita-Chambers from the start menu and enjoy being taught a little something about being human while firing flaming crossbow bolts into horribly disfigured police officers who just won't die. Expand
  84. MikeW.
    Sep 28, 2008
    It is one of the best games I have ever played. The storyline is great. The variety of weapons and plasmids is amazing. It is different than just a regular shooter. The enemies are unique and you are always looking out for them. The graphics and sound are great. Overall it is one of the best games that has ever came out...on any gaming system.
  85. RyanC
    Dec 28, 2009
    Bioshock creates an immersive gaming experience through a unique story, followed with a great sound design that will send shivers down your spine. Highly recommended to those who appreciate a story in a video game.
  86. DmitriLightsey
    Mar 28, 2009
    this game is anything short of amazing. take a look at it, i mean really play the game n look around you. the graphics are jus spectacular and the decisions of the game makes the outcome of your ending. anybody who says this game is weird or boring, ur living on another planet. i mean when i first picked it up n put it in my xbox 360 console, i was amazed over the lighting and thethis game is anything short of amazing. take a look at it, i mean really play the game n look around you. the graphics are jus spectacular and the decisions of the game makes the outcome of your ending. anybody who says this game is weird or boring, ur living on another planet. i mean when i first picked it up n put it in my xbox 360 console, i was amazed over the lighting and the storyline was great. i also loved the political aspect of it n the way it shaped the world around you. Expand
  87. SanzeeBoy
    Jul 29, 2009
    Superior in every way possible. You can seperate the gamers from the fools by reading the various user scores. If you see any negative user scores it's only because the user didn't understand the brillance of this game. It may not be their style, but as a game itself, it succeeds. Even if I didn't enjoy this type of title, I'd still know that it was a great game. Superior in every way possible. You can seperate the gamers from the fools by reading the various user scores. If you see any negative user scores it's only because the user didn't understand the brillance of this game. It may not be their style, but as a game itself, it succeeds. Even if I didn't enjoy this type of title, I'd still know that it was a great game. Ignore the false gamers who can't recognize a great title from the back of their a**. Expand
  88. JohnS.
    Aug 22, 2009
    This was the best game i have ever played! the amazing art the great atmosphere, and the best story in videogame history makes this a 20 out of 10!!! but i was limited to 10 out of 10!! You owe it to yourself to buy this game NOW!!!
  89. elzilcho
    Nov 18, 2007
    Bioshock is an amazing game in all aspects. Whether you play it for a story that I wish was a book or just to be freaked out beyond belief, Bioshock is a game anyone can enjoy. Those who find controversy in the Little Sister part of the game obviously don't realize that you can save them. I did and it was worth way more than extra experience. Never has a game convinced me to play Bioshock is an amazing game in all aspects. Whether you play it for a story that I wish was a book or just to be freaked out beyond belief, Bioshock is a game anyone can enjoy. Those who find controversy in the Little Sister part of the game obviously don't realize that you can save them. I did and it was worth way more than extra experience. Never has a game convinced me to play good like Bioshock. Expand
  90. Evan
    Nov 19, 2007
    Good story, great art design, and a great gameworld are the highlights. The too-faithful-to-System Shock 2 gameplay holds it back.
  91. AndrewM.
    Dec 17, 2007
    It's a shame that people score this game low because it's "linear" or "too easy" or "has no multiplayer." If you only want multiplayer, it's simple: don't buy this game. You won't like it. But this game is only as linear and easy as you want it to be. There are different difficulty settings for a reason. Yes, the shock/wrench combo works throughout the game. Yes, It's a shame that people score this game low because it's "linear" or "too easy" or "has no multiplayer." If you only want multiplayer, it's simple: don't buy this game. You won't like it. But this game is only as linear and easy as you want it to be. There are different difficulty settings for a reason. Yes, the shock/wrench combo works throughout the game. Yes, it makes the game easier. So how about not using it? Amazingly enough, with all the powers and weapons in the game, there is more than just shock/wrench. Ever tried telling the security system to attack itself? Well neither have I, but it's worth a shot. Even better, you don't have to follow the arrow everywhere. There are actually rooms the story doesn't take you through. Go in them. As for the story, read Atlas Shrugged. This game is blunt about being based on Ayn Rand, and it does an amazing job of incorporating her philosophy into a game. You're playing a video game and learning political philosophy at the same time! Amazing! There are many, many disturbing moments that reminded me of something Silent HIll would think up. If you play this game like a regular FPS, that's all it will be. But if you take the time to think about your actions and the story, it's much more than that. You're constantly fighting off humans twisted by genetic alteration, and to do so you regularly use the same alterations on yourself. If that doesn't make you think, chances are you aren't aware enough to play this game. And I call it a game reluctantly, because in all honesty it's more like art. Expand
  92. JoshR
    Nov 16, 2009
    An original IP was needed and 2K filled that void with Bioshock. The game completely sucks you into its world with its stunning visuals, dark and brooding atmosphere, and the vintage music from decades ago. Every piece of dialogue from the exquisitely insane, yet brilliant characters were thought out the the very last punctuation mark. This is without a doubt a masterpiece in digital media.
  93. DanielT
    Nov 19, 2009
    Hmm... how could I explain BioShock, the "genetically enhanced shooter" in one word? Oh, I know. Evolution in gaming. Whoops, three words. You know what I mean. From Big Daddies and Splicers, there is so much I could say that is the main draw of BioShock. But the biggest point would have to be its narrative. Surfacing from the ocean and beholding the burning wreckage and swimming to Hmm... how could I explain BioShock, the "genetically enhanced shooter" in one word? Oh, I know. Evolution in gaming. Whoops, three words. You know what I mean. From Big Daddies and Splicers, there is so much I could say that is the main draw of BioShock. But the biggest point would have to be its narrative. Surfacing from the ocean and beholding the burning wreckage and swimming to safety is only one of the many memorable moments in the game. Even Atlas, as he guides through the fallen utopia, is capable of making you hang on to his every word... right up until *that* point. Now, this is not at all a bad thing. In fact, finding out who your loyal friend really is makes Jack's (the main character) motivation that much stronger. I very much felt betrayed by him, and wanted revenge on him more than you know. All in all, this game is a *must* buy! - Number 2 on my List - Expand
  94. Oct 29, 2012
    Bioshock is from beginning to end, a modern day gaming masterpiece. Simply put, it's one of the greatest games of the current era and serves as a high watermark that may not be surpassed for years to come. From the compelling plot and completely convincing atmosphere to the fantastic graphics and attention to detail, Bioshock is the total package. It may have the occasional graphicalBioshock is from beginning to end, a modern day gaming masterpiece. Simply put, it's one of the greatest games of the current era and serves as a high watermark that may not be surpassed for years to come. From the compelling plot and completely convincing atmosphere to the fantastic graphics and attention to detail, Bioshock is the total package. It may have the occasional graphical problem, but in the grand scheme of things, they are all paled by the scope and grandeur of the rest of the game. Much like Atlas Shrugged was for Ayn Rand, who's writing so greatly influenced him, Bioshock is Ken Levine's magnum opus and I for one thank him and Irrational for this great experience. Now, would you kindly go out and buy it already? Expand
  95. Aug 30, 2010
    One of the most perfect FPS. Atmospheric beyond most Hollywood films with one of the most unique narratives. Gene splicing, weapon and ammo creation, various vendors for equipment, bot hacking - this has everything that a single player FPS should have. It is horrid in sections, action packed, degrees of strategy and so overwhelming that once started must be finished. Pure awesome.
  96. Feb 7, 2014
    I very good game. I've had more fun elsewhere and tracking around rapture can be abit of a bore between story parts, but I respect the technical feat that is the solid engine and world that they've built here.
  97. Sep 20, 2012
    I don't see this game standing the test of time too well. If you're a fan of first person shooters Bioshock is a modern title you should play. The thing that sets this apart from other games is the atmosphere. It's dark and lovely. As a shooter it's a tiny bit clunky. The story is really good for a video game and plays on Ayn Rand's objectivism philosophy. Pretty unique.
  98. Aug 16, 2016
    The same kind of people the give this game anything below an 8 it is the type of people that has that 1% of dislike on youtube videos that everyone love and talk about!

Bioshock it is the definition of clever and intelligence put inside a game! The only cons I have for this incredible experience is the last boss fight, pretty lame! But only one thing would never obscure its true power!

Love this game to death!
  99. Aug 14, 2012
    The most beautiful, wondrous, and creepy place in video games... Rapture! Exploring this world is a ridiculous amount of fun. The game revolves around you, a nameless character running around this world and shooting down countless splicers and big daddies while the story progresses. Your goal in this game is essentially to escape rapture after your plane crashes and you get strandedThe most beautiful, wondrous, and creepy place in video games... Rapture! Exploring this world is a ridiculous amount of fun. The game revolves around you, a nameless character running around this world and shooting down countless splicers and big daddies while the story progresses. Your goal in this game is essentially to escape rapture after your plane crashes and you get stranded there. The shooting is fun as hell but not the traditional accurate rambo fest that Halo and Call of duty players are used too. Its a lot of fun taking down big daddies, which are kind of like mini bosses and to take one down requires lots of ammo, which compared to games like Halo and Call of Duty, is pretty scarce. Running out of ammo is a constant problem and you can purchase it from little vending machines or just find it around. You will not be out of ammo for long, but in the midst of a fight with one of the big daddies this can be a problem. And dont for a second think that just because this is a First Person Shooter means this doesn't have an incredible story, because thats what I liked most about this game. The game has steller voice actors that create compelling and believable characters. There are very few cutscenes in the game and the story progresses over the radio while your still playing. If you doubt this system at all like I did, dont... Its awesome. This game is fantastic and ends with a steller boss fight that I wont ruin for you. Go buy this game now. Expand
  100. Jun 30, 2012
    A breath of fresh air in a sea of mediocrity. Well done.........................shame Bioshock 2 is just really an add on, fingers crossed for Bioshock 3, please dont f### it up!!!!!! Please!!!!!

1. In a nutshell, beyond any shadow of doubt, BioShock is an excellent single-player shooter experience. The undeniable quality of this title and its emphasis on true and not pseudo-mature storytelling and character development make it a must-have for every self-respecting gamer.
  2. Its weak link is its unsatisfying no-skill-required combat, which might aim this one just over the head of the average Halo fan. But if you want to get a little fancy, there's a lot of fun to be had with some of the game's more indirect fighting methods. It builds an amazing atmosphere by using terrific graphics and sound to set a creepy mood. But BioShock's real strengths are as a compelling work of interactive fiction, and as a unique ride through a warped world with some great payoff built into its mysterious plot. If that description has you even the least bit interested, you won't be disappointed one bit.
    The first-person shooter's great looking, has an engrossing storyline, a perfect balance of action and exploration and a totally customizable combat system that can be described as nothing less than video game rapture.