Blades of Time Xbox 360

6.5

1. Sep 10, 2012
    The game isn't perfect, by any means, but it's still a good game. For those complaining about story, I didn't think it was as bad as 90% of shooters that get 90+ metascore for being boring and repetitive, "go here, shoot this, retrieve info, go there, shoot that retrieve suspect, blah blah blah....". The combat is awesome, the graphics aren't "super sweet so real you can't tell if it isThe game isn't perfect, by any means, but it's still a good game. For those complaining about story, I didn't think it was as bad as 90% of shooters that get 90+ metascore for being boring and repetitive, "go here, shoot this, retrieve info, go there, shoot that retrieve suspect, blah blah blah....". The combat is awesome, the graphics aren't "super sweet so real you can't tell if it is real or not its sooooo realistic", and personally, I like it that way. If I want reality, I turn off the video games. I enjoy the more fantastical environments, everything being so realistic all the time in today's gen of gaming has made it pretty mundane, as far as I'm concerned. Also, I suppose I can say it reminds me of the PS2 days, where I also thought most AA games were better than most AAA games. They're more inventive, as opposed to big budget games that are basically copy, paste, and slightly edited versions of the previous game. I would say this game is a meeting of Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider. If you enjoy either of those games, or the action genre in general, check this game out. Don't listen to the reviewers who can't wait to put this game down so they can pick up the new yearly release of CoD, Assassins creed, and now what looks like it's going to be Gears (sadly they jumped on the kill the franchise wagon). I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Expand
  2. Mar 9, 2012
    The game Blades of Time, is the "spiritual" sequence, as defined, to X-Blades, a semi-unknown game of 2009, which was far from good. The current version was reworked by Konami, the game is an action game in third person, in which you control a character (Lolita style), named Ayumi, which is a treasure hunter.

As in the first game, the main character is a blonde girl with pigtails and

As in the first game, the main character is a blonde girl with pigtails and several "attributes" (with little clothing), which uses a primary weapon, a special blade in the case of the first game, and a sword with a secondary weapon (a rifle), to address enemies, in a legendary mystical island that holds those who enter it (the evil magic that dopes this is called Chaos here), but which has various powers and riches hidden in it.

The graphics are much better than the first one, and nicely worked, especially on the scenarios details, which environments are lush and fantastic; the protagonist and any characters that appear, this time have more realistic features than in the first game, but many enemies are "clones" of each other (especially humans), and reminded me in general graphic style and movement the game "Hunted: The Demon's Forge." The enemies have a abstract and strange look, as seen in the first game, or in a better comparison (a known game), such as "The Devil May Cry 4". The Bosses usually have a mechanic look much more detailed and crafted, and are always big enemies.

The music is appropriate to the game, but not memorable, but the voiceovers of the "usual" characters (not mystical ones or Bosses, which are well made, with strange voices) is a bit cheesy.

The action consist in fighting with the sword, and comes down to combos with two basic types of strikes with the sword, the strong (X) and the fast / jump (Y), and when the enemy is weak enough, you can deal a finishing blow with the RB (show in the screen).

In addition with d-pad down, the character uses a compass that has two orientations, a green arrow to the main objective, and a red one for any hidden treasures in the stage. With the d-pad up, you cast a mystical field called Order, which allows you to see things hidden by magic, or face enemies that would normally unbeatable. Besides the red arrow, the control also pulsates, facilitating to know when you are close to a treasure chest.

The equipment in the game consists of swords, fire-weapons, amulets and rings, all found in chests, and which have statistics and different properties (ie increased fire damage, etc.). Through a altar that is in the game, you can always upgrade your fighting abilities, choosing a power, whether magic or psychic that allow you to deal blows increasingly advanced and powerful, that are helpful in battle.

Furthermore it can be worth various attacks, associated with spells of fire and ice, other strikes that use spells such as Earthquake, and more advanced physical attacks, which are always purchased at a choice on the altars mentioned (no need to collect points or anything for that).

Two other controls that appear in the gameplay are the Dash (RT), to move very quickly to the direction given, whether in ground or air, and Rewind Time (LB), which makes the time go back, as in "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time ", while she remains in the current reality and the past simultaneously, thus having more than one Ayumi doing something on the screen: this is very useful in sequences of puzzles in which things must be pressed simultaneously, and strategic fights against bosses or special enemies.

The game also features an Online mode, which I could not test, with several options, as it seems (unfortunately) is becoming fashionable in nowadays otherwise singleplayer titles, in the form of co-op or versus modes.

Overall it is a good action game, that surprised me: not bug ou glitch-free, especially in some animations, but the concept of Time Rewind and numerous skills and magical combos, just hold my attention to the game. Who can get it cheaper, or rent it, it's worth checking out, because it is a good option for a action game. My score: 6.8.
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    Blades of Time is an overall good game, it's very minus could be only the lack of pumped graphics which instead is now and then slightly outdated, apart from that is really fun to play and this is what I search in a game, have fun, for this only reason I'd really like to give this title a 10 'cuz it deserves any less by my point of view, I play mainly to have fun, not to see only boringBlades of Time is an overall good game, it's very minus could be only the lack of pumped graphics which instead is now and then slightly outdated, apart from that is really fun to play and this is what I search in a game, have fun, for this only reason I'd really like to give this title a 10 'cuz it deserves any less by my point of view, I play mainly to have fun, not to see only boring stunning graphics...
    ...but I forgot one thing a friend pointed me out, this game has no option to invert y-axis, if you are not used to direct control on the y-axis JUST AVOID, strictly for this reason, that's a lack of basics, I find myself in the need to lower the score to a 6 due to inverted y-axis users are the majority out there and they cannot appreciate it as I did.
  4. Mar 11, 2012
    I purchased this game from mythical land of Amazon. It arrived at my door in a legendary short amount of time. It was, as if, a fairy came along and left the gift at my doorway. An ominous brown truck drove away as I picked it up. The must be the agents of Konami. They are always watching. Only watching. As I picked up this package, I felt it's power teeming through the beige,I purchased this game from mythical land of Amazon. It arrived at my door in a legendary short amount of time. It was, as if, a fairy came along and left the gift at my doorway. An ominous brown truck drove away as I picked it up. The must be the agents of Konami. They are always watching. Only watching. As I picked up this package, I felt it's power teeming through the beige, bubble-wrap envelope. I was hesitant to open the package and release it's power. I felt like a precocious Pandora opening the jar for the first time. I stared at the package for hours until finally I summoned all the willpower I had to pry the gem open. Upon opening, banshees screamed and the envelope vibrated. It was too late! I could not re-seal the package. It was unleashed unto the world. I looked inside and the damned left only a curious box behind. I cautiously picked up the box and read it's caution, "Blades of Time". Since the evil was abound, I tore through the invisible cloak that sheathed the box. A sticker held the box closed tightly. Was this a warning to turn back? I ignored the warning because the sticker hinted that it had passed some wizardry called "Quality Assurance". I broke the seal! Inside was a disc and a booklet of secrets.

I took the disc to my hungry X-Box 360 machination. It had been weeks since it has been fed. I initially fed it the secret book, but it spit it out. I fed it the disc and it was sated. The television came to life! I ran in fear because it began quarrelling with me. It asked me for "a save device". It was the Devil's trick. I knew it, at once. After regaining my composure, I punched a bunch of buttons and started this game. I will outmaneuver the Devil and place the evil back in the package. It wasn't what the world wanted, but it's what the world needed.

An enchanting, nubile woman appeared. I was apprehensive because this obviously Caucasian woman was named "Ayumi". Haha! Another of the Devil's trick! I will not be deterred. The Devil introduced me to a number of his powers and told me to "use them". I will not fooled, Devil!!! I strictly used the Japasian's gun and hid behind pillars. When the Devil sent his lieutenant's after me, I quickly dispatched him. Every few minutes, his Captains would appear. They were slightly more difficult than the lietenants. Finally, the Devil and I faced off. I know what you're saying, "Mr. Panda, if you're writing this, you MUST have won!" I tell you this, young virgin, no one won. The Devil changed me and I changed the Devil. Our game was over. Please do NOT tell anyone of this devil's incarnation. The Devil was abated this fine weekend but those damnable brown trucks are watching. They are waiting. To unleash the Devil upon each and every one of you. 6/10

God has sent me a message and has told me that you may fight this Devil from something he called the "Bargain Bin". This covenant is between you and God. You may obey or you may ignore. Each soul is his own.
  5. Feb 8, 2016
    Blades of Time
    More than just booty this time
    Blades of time is the much anticipated sequel to x blades If you’ve seen my review for that game, you’d know this is complete sarcasm this game is miles better though, but that’s not saying much This is an over complicated hack and slash adventure game where you play as your favorite gun slinging sword wielding treasure hunter Ayumi You
    Blades of Time
    More than just booty this time
    Blades of time is the much anticipated sequel to x blades
    If you’ve seen my review for that game, you’d know this is complete sarcasm
    this game is miles better though, but that’s not saying much
    You spend the game trying to find a way to escape the island shes been treasure hunting on
    Ayumis has grown up a bit from last time we saw her
    her booty’s a bit covered, and much like Madonna she seems to have moved across the pond and ditched her valley girl accent for a fake English accent
    , Throughout the game you’ll find treasure chests with upgraded gear and jewelry for bonus perks and you’ll stop at alters to gain elemental powers of your choice
    You use these weapons and powers to destroy every creature that dare cross your path, you meet a fiery version of you along the way that gives you hints on how to progress through the story, and also gives you a pretty awesome rewind ability.
    This rewind ability can create essentially an infinite amount of clones of you so you have more woman power in a battle to do double triple or quadruple the damage at once, as well as for solving puzzles that have 2 or more pressure pads
    This rewind ability takes a little time to get used to, really over complicates things, but you will grow to appreciate it.. not love it..just appreciate it
    The challenge in this game really comes down to the combat, enemies are pretty tough, you’ll die in 2 to 3 hits, so you have to actively watch your health bar and dodge or counter attacks to let your health regenerate, there are 10 chapters here that take you to varied locations, that will have you dashing through shadows to avoid the sun or hopping from plant to plant sonic the hedgehog style
    and these locations all feature their own boss..
    Boss battles can be a little frustrating at times, but none ever feel cheap...
    Like any great boss battle, you just need to feel them out, study a bit and go for the killing blow.
    Blades of times is an enjoyable time and far less repetitive than the prequel
    But ultimately it delivers a lackluster experience and story that I really didn’t care about…
    I didn’t care about ayumi or any of the characters I met along the way…
    I took every twist and turn as they came..
    Nothing punched me in the gut, which sadly leaves blades of time feeling like just another hack and slash game with a gimmick
    I got to the end and something happens that should’ve made me feel something.. anything.. it just didn’t
    The credits started to roll and I just said, oh…
    There’s fun to be had here, but nothing special at all.
    I give Blades of Time
    a 7/10
  6. Apr 23, 2012
    as i bought this, i thought to myself "fanservice, god of war style combat, and prince of persia time manipulation? this cant fail!" but it did. i do loves me some mindless monster slaying and weak puzzles, but i regret paying retail for it.

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 19, 2012
    Better than expected - but still not that great. [Aug 2012, p.81]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    May 3, 2012
    It just isn't particularly good. [Issue#84, p.86]
  3. May 2, 2012
    Blades of Time is boring and technically horrible. A bunch of good gameplay ideas and an interesting level design are not enough for you to buy this game. If you'ld like to experience a standard action-fantasy videogame, however, maybe you should rent this product for a couple of days.