7.8

1. Mar 6, 2012
    As a fan of the series I am let down a little by Extend, it feels like this could have been an online expansion in the same fashion as Continuum Shift II. The new game modes Unlimited Mars and Abyss are welcome but the removal of the Legion game mode irks me and feels like a step backwards.

Despite my grievances the core game still remains as fantastic as always. The BlazBlue series has always been a breath of fresh air even for the most hardcore fighting game fans. Providing both a compelling story mode experience (something I feel many fighting games lack) and unique mechanics to fighting games. One thing I enjoy most about BlazBlue is that each character has a button dedicated to their "Drive" moves, these are a type of normal attack but are very specific for each character. For example all of Jin's "Drive" attacks will freeze opponents on impact, this adds to the experience and makes each character feel really unique.

If you do not have a previous version of Continuum Shift and enjoy fighting games this is a must buy. If you have played it before I personally don't find it worth the money unless you are a fan of the series.
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    READ THE REVIEW BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS. This is a good game. In fact it is probably the best fighter I have played this generation not called Mortal Kombat. It is better than anything Namco and Capcom can put out, better than anything you can find on XBLA, and on par with Brawl on the Wii. My problem is I bought Continuum Shift and even Calamity Trigger. There is nothing new here.READ THE REVIEW BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS. This is a good game. In fact it is probably the best fighter I have played this generation not called Mortal Kombat. It is better than anything Namco and Capcom can put out, better than anything you can find on XBLA, and on par with Brawl on the Wii. My problem is I bought Continuum Shift and even Calamity Trigger. There is nothing new here. Another story I do not care about and 5 new characters if I am counting correctly? Even worse these are fighters I refused to pay for when I had the first Continuum Shift. $8 a fighter is criminal. And if you bought them you probably deserve an evening of electrocution. Funny thing is people have all but stoned Capcom for bad business practices but have let Arc System Works slide. But the fact is we have had 3 versions on the 360 and several on handhelds and the best they can do between the first one released and this one is 5 new fighters that were available as DLC before, a few more backgrounds, and a story no one can understand? Here is something else to consider. A new one is announced for early next year. Not even sure I can recommend that one, they will release the next one the following September. If this was a sequel to Calamity Trigger and the DLC was fair this game would be a 9 easy. But I can't support these guys. They are ripping me off and I know it. Expand

While many fans will already have BlazBlue, Extend ties together all of the DLC, tweaks and modes that make it the definitive way to enjoy this superb series. [Issue#83, p.89]
  2. Mar 29, 2012
    Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend is the definitive Blazblue experience. It's been rebalanced, includes two new modes, and four new characters (one, Relius Clover, is an exclusive). Still, those contents don't really justify a disc version of the game. Extend is a must have for fighting fans, but only if you don't have any of the older versions.
  3. Mar 4, 2012
    Sadly though, at the end of the day, you can't hide the fact that this game is nothing more than a downloadable content package that has been put on a disc and packed into a Xbox 360 case.