8.7

1. Aug 22, 2010
    Not a bad game! I played the first one with a slightly jaded mentality, but I went into this one with an open mind... and it turned out well! If you are tired of the way fighting games have been for several years, this is a refreshing twist. You will have to forget some of the stuff you learned from previous fighting games, as this game punished those who rely on cheap tactics.
  2. Sep 1, 2010
    A nice new little paradigm shift in fighting games. I didn't know what to expect but I have to say that overall the graphics and controls together create an enjoyable, smooth experience, and characters and their moves are a little redundant but highly creative, partly embracing the old school and pushing the bill just a tad. Overall super cool game!!
  3. Feb 3, 2013
    A decent fighter with some truly unique and funny characters. Great visuals, good sounds, REALLY cheezy voice acting, but I think it's just weird writing and not the voice actors. Fighting mechanic is solid and work very well. Story mode is also pretty fun, but could have used a bit more depth for some of the side characters. The BlazBlue universe seems well thought out and deep enough toA decent fighter with some truly unique and funny characters. Great visuals, good sounds, REALLY cheezy voice acting, but I think it's just weird writing and not the voice actors. Fighting mechanic is solid and work very well. Story mode is also pretty fun, but could have used a bit more depth for some of the side characters. The BlazBlue universe seems well thought out and deep enough to compete against other, already established, franchises. Overall: A very good fighter that just barely falls short of greatness. Perhaps a bit more depth and some longer cut-scenes. Expand

1. Apr 25, 2011
    The plot is thinly spread like a small knob of butter over a whole loaf of bread and the rigorous tedium of slaving through hours on end would drive the best of us to an enraged psychosis. Local multiplayer, however, is always a nice touch and if you've got some friends who are fans of virtual brawling, slip in the disk and prepare for a more subdued form of Fight Club to make its nest in your front room.
    An argument could be made that Continuum Shift only offers true value to those who missed out on the 360 release of BlazBlue the first time around.
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    It's only let down by a lack of fresh blood, but in terms of where the hammer falls, it still bangs the nail in cleanly. [Issue#102, p.117]