8.0

1. JeffA.
    Mar 30, 2006
    The graphics and control is excellent. End of the positives. Now on to the negatives. There are subtitles across the top of the screen that can not be turned off. Very distracting. Worse yet, you can hear enemy pilots with fake German accents talking to you constantly. Since when can you hear enemy pilots taunting you in an airial combat game? I know this is an arcade type game but The graphics and control is excellent. End of the positives. Now on to the negatives. There are subtitles across the top of the screen that can not be turned off. Very distracting. Worse yet, you can hear enemy pilots with fake German accents talking to you constantly. Since when can you hear enemy pilots taunting you in an airial combat game? I know this is an arcade type game but it's not supposed to be Sesame Street. The enemy pilots with the fake accents keep repeating the same few lines over and over again. It makes John Madden in EA's Madden NFL games sound interesting by comparison. In mission two I had to sink 3 destroyers. After I sunk the 2nd ship the screen switched to Frank's plane and I had no control over it. The mission ended with my failing to sink that 3rd vessel and Frank's plane zipping around my screen. Some gamers have reported completing this mess of a game but others have had the same bug that I encountered. Doesn't Ubisoft employ game testers? Luckily I got full credit for this horrid game when I returned it. Save yourself some time, grief and your hand earned cash and do not buy or even rent this mess. Expand

1. games(TM)
    The repetitive nature of the majority of missions soon takes its toll, and the primary motivation for progressing soon becomes the desire to see how nice the next level looks, not the love of playing the game. [Apr 2006, p.110]
  2. Graphic ho’s will also marvel at how Ubisoft Romania managed to make each frame of action look like a professional oil painting depicting the harsh but strangely beautiful skies of WWII.
    Unwieldy controls and average graphics stall this flyer. But the game is certainly not grounded.