5.9

1. Jun 28, 2011
    This game is fun for and hour then you just want to put in the garbage. Bad graphics for a 360, cool plot but fails to bring a good time. Each player has a back story that you can only find when the game is loading which is stupid, some of the events are overly hard and there is only one event that is actually fun.
  2. Nov 16, 2012
    I am a zombie game master :D and I am giving this a 9 since it is a great zombie driving-over-killing-shooting action-racing-zombie game. Fun characters and enough humor to keep you smiling :) It may not deserve 60 bucks but go spend 10-20 anytime anywhere.
  3. Mar 14, 2011
    The critics really bashed this one, but I'm not sure why. After reading Joystiq's scathing review I was afraid to pick it up, but I'm glad I did. Solid controls, fitting music, nice graphics, fun and frantic arcade-type gameplay... the only thing that really hurts the title for me is lack of offline multiplayer, and the occasional frame rate issues. An inter-event game save feature might have been nice for the longer cups, but it's not a huge deal.

In the game you pick a driver, each with their own personality and special attacks. Then you choose a car "loadout" and jump into tournaments to unlock more arenas, achievements, ending movies, and other game content. Each tournament has one or more arenas with a bunch of events like demolition derby, racing, elimination, and (one of the most fun) seeing who can hit the most zombies with their car. The zombie mechanic works well and you can rack up combos or find secret zombies for more points. Some zombies are powerful and will try to latch on to your car or smash it into pieces. The game AI is okay for the most part. It seems like they only really put up a fight in the last stages. You get assigned a rival and you're awarded bonus points if you come ahead in any given match.

Blood Drive reminds me of Twisted Metal and Carmageddon, in a good way. If you enjoy demolition derby type games you'll like it. If you're expecting a huge, complex, deep, 100-hour game experience you might want to look elsewhere. If you're able to rent it I would say don't be put off by the critic reviews, and at least give it a try.
  4. Nov 7, 2010
    It's total trash, and it it doesn't cost more words...................................................................................................

1. Feb 21, 2011
    Blood Drive is like a radioactive element - admired from a distance, but never to be touched.
  2. Utterly rubbish, but bizarrely addictive. [March 2011, p.102]
    A total snooze cruise of a car combat game.