7.3

1. Apr 26, 2012
    This game is meant to be a XBLA counterpart of great AAA retail games. But length and graphics are not the one things that have been scratched down. BlodForge has a very frustating Camera, bad controls and so common gameplay macanisms.
  2. Nov 24, 2014
    Right, so I haven't really played the full game yet, but I can already tell just from playing the demo that this game isn't that great.
    For one, you character slides whenever you move him. While moving in one direction, it's not noticeable, but trying to change his direction makes his slip-slide all over the place.
    Combat feels incredibly stiff. His animations essentially look the same,
    Combat feels incredibly stiff. His animations essentially look the same, so it doesn't really feel intense. Light attacks feel stiff and Heavy attacks don't really feel like they have an power behind them, it's pretty much a slower Light attack.
    The graphics aren't too bad, but for a later Xbox Arcade game, they could've done a bit better.
    Story, it's a bit interesting from as much as I've seen. If anything, I say that's probably the only reason I'd want to buy this game, just so I can know the story. Then again, I could just look up let's play videos, if any exist with this game.
    All I can say is, if you want a bloody hack-n-slash style of game, I'd recommend Darksiders.

1. Jul 19, 2012
    The style is problematic and the substance is all but absent. [Aug 2012, p.78]
  2. Jun 25, 2012
    Snore. [Aug 2012, p.77]
  3. Jun 21, 2012
    I slogged onward in the hopes for some spark, but at no point does the game get better, more polished, or less uninteresting. Bloodforge is just one meaningless fight after another, listening to the lines of banal dialogue and post-mortem one-liners.