4.7

1. Sep 22, 2011
    I still remember its spiritual predecessor Black on the original Xbox being ahead of it's time, while that give everything the gamer wanted this is a disaster! While in some parts it feels like better things are to come, eventually it gets so bad I completed the earlier levels merely for the sake of it and off it went! Amazingly if you reply Black, apart from the graphics it's still farI still remember its spiritual predecessor Black on the original Xbox being ahead of it's time, while that give everything the gamer wanted this is a disaster! While in some parts it feels like better things are to come, eventually it gets so bad I completed the earlier levels merely for the sake of it and off it went! Amazingly if you reply Black, apart from the graphics it's still far better than this. Don't waste your money, maybe then developers will get the message not to release crap like this! Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2012
    Poor graphics meets stiff feeling run of the mill shooter. Enemy AI if far enough away will just run head on at you. Now this proves semi challenging when it's 10+ all at once in a small space. But, it almost never happens because the game is hard not to play at a snails speed. Especially in the later levels of the campaign when all you see is red. Which can be a bit annoying when yourPoor graphics meets stiff feeling run of the mill shooter. Enemy AI if far enough away will just run head on at you. Now this proves semi challenging when it's 10+ all at once in a small space. But, it almost never happens because the game is hard not to play at a snails speed. Especially in the later levels of the campaign when all you see is red. Which can be a bit annoying when your being hammered and the blood coming off your character mixed with the red from the directional icon of the enemy shooting you renders all of your characters visual abilities obsolete. I will say one thing i did like about the game. The ability to shoot through the tiniest spaces between the walls to hit far away targets. At some points in the campaign however the clipping corners did get irritating. But, the ability to shoot through the small cracks and holes in the walls was perfectly programmed. Online is nonexistent at this point. So for anyone thinking there might be a small dedicated crowd still playing this game. Think again.....

Achievements for the most part are extremely easy and high points are awarded for the most mundane stuff. So you will boost your score playing this for sure. However, with the online achievements and lack of online presence. You bet it's going to be a lot of drawn out boosting sessions for a perfect 1000. I found the thing that bothered me the most about BodyCount in general was that it just felt wrong. The graphics felt cheap and the experience in general was very short, uneventful and generic without any sense of drive or story-line.
  3. Sep 6, 2011
    No. no. no. no. no. no. I liked the demo. I thought it was an interesting take on a shooter and you could blow a lot of stuff up. Playing the full game its just not as fun. The enemy is known only as "The Target", how generic is that? While the shooting and control from the demo is intact and fun, I lost interest when it went from shooting at, somewhat equal enemies to sci-fi armoredNo. no. no. no. no. no. I liked the demo. I thought it was an interesting take on a shooter and you could blow a lot of stuff up. Playing the full game its just not as fun. The enemy is known only as "The Target", how generic is that? While the shooting and control from the demo is intact and fun, I lost interest when it went from shooting at, somewhat equal enemies to sci-fi armored enemies that reminded me of the Thumb-Thumb soldiers of Spy Kids 2. Multiplayer is a joke unless you actually enjoy sitting in a lobby with that one person who just won't ready up.

Save your money.
  4. Aug 31, 2011
    Pretty bog standard shooter nothing truly special at al,l the weapons don't fel like they don't havet any impact at all aiming around feels clumsy using old skool mecanics and an attempt at an 'arcade' fps but lacking any real speed or enjoyment. The nice touches like being able to blow a whole in almost any part of the scenery can't hide the fact that this style of play is very dated andPretty bog standard shooter nothing truly special at al,l the weapons don't fel like they don't havet any impact at all aiming around feels clumsy using old skool mecanics and an attempt at an 'arcade' fps but lacking any real speed or enjoyment. The nice touches like being able to blow a whole in almost any part of the scenery can't hide the fact that this style of play is very dated and with nothing fresh to truly offer its a case of "looks better in the making of" rather than the finished product. Expand
  5. Aug 31, 2011
    Holy crap what an increadible waste of time, this has so little going for it an in crazy to think that it is
    even an 2011 release for new consoles. Games of the same genre were made better back on the old Vic 20 or commodore 64. From game play that has just hap-hazard shooting with no difference from weapon to weapon. A cover system that never feels like your in cover, rag doll effects which is more like a thunder birds puppet show, one of the worst story lines of the modern era ( OMG one second your in Africa, the next your shooting in a computer main frame like a throw back to TRON ) geesh what drugs were these guys/gals on. Seriously avoid the game at all cost.

CRAP, CRAP, and more SUPER CRAP.
  6. Aug 31, 2011
    First things first, I will not refer to this game as Bodycount. That is to cool of a name, and the only body count that was going to take place was at Gamestop if I didn't get my full 64 dollars back after 1 hour of playing. Instead, it will now be referred to as G.W.N.P.W.Y.S.A.L.O.A (game with no plot where you shoot a lot of Africans) because that is a much more suitable title. TheFirst things first, I will not refer to this game as Bodycount. That is to cool of a name, and the only body count that was going to take place was at Gamestop if I didn't get my full 64 dollars back after 1 hour of playing. Instead, it will now be referred to as G.W.N.P.W.Y.S.A.L.O.A (game with no plot where you shoot a lot of Africans) because that is a much more suitable title. The starts in Africa, where there is currently a civil war going on.......... I guess. It's hard to say because there are no cut scenes or basic direction for that matter. It's just known that your roll is one of mediation. Mediation is this context means just killing every single person indiscriminately. Here is the level line up for the first 5 levels.

1. Africa
    2. Africa
    3. Africa
    4. Futuristic Underground Secret Space Facility Where Everything Is Crome And They Don't Explain Why The He'll It Is Even There
    5. Africa

I wish I could give you the full line up of levels (I have a hunch though that it will probably be Africa related) but after I got done level four, resurfaced back in Africa, I only played for 1 minute and 39 more seconds until I left the room, cried, and than drove back to Gamestop to get my money back 8 minutes before closing.

So what was the straw that broke the camel's back? When I got to level 5 (Africa) it was just going back through the level layout of the first three levels that you just played moments ago. However, I still wanted to complete level 5 just so I could get another 50 well deserved gamer points.

So in the game, I rounded a corner and saw an African tribesmen standing there (surprising I know) and shot him 5 times point blank in the face with my combat shotgun only to have him walk it off then stab me with a knife killing me instantly. It wasn't like this was a mini boss, it was a tribesmen with only flesh and a bone necklace to protect him. (yeah, that's not racist or anything) I blacked out because of my rage and reawoke standing in front of the Gamestop employee who had the nerve to stair me straight in the eyes while they sold me this piece of trash masquerading around as a full price video game title. So all in all, this is the worst "game" that has come out in years. It does fit a certain niche in xbox 360 game history though, and it's rightful spot is somewhere right between SneaKing (Burger king game that was 5 dollars) and Yaris (that was free from Toyota) any other amount and you have seriously over paid!
  7. Oct 5, 2011
    i will be fair and give it a 4. infact 4 is a bit to much its a big dumb dull boring short game. do not buy its a really bad game and the worst 2011 game. worst than duke nukem forever.
  8. Sep 3, 2011
    My friend was mad enough to buy this game on launch. He finished it in 4 hours and so i borrowed it today and finished it in just over 4 hours myself. Short advice: do not buy this game. It is astonishing just how bad this game is and that something like this can actually be released, and at full AAA price as well. That is just pure rip-off.

Gameplay: The guns are fun. Not varied enough

Gameplay: The guns are fun. Not varied enough and run of the mill really (depsite having some fancy names). No rocket launcher. In a game that is supposed to be about destruction thats pretty bad in my book. Even Black (bad as it was) managed a rocket launcher for some set-pieces. The core gameplay tries to be a run and gun game, but at the same time the main aim control roots you to the spot, which makes me think the devs did not know what they wanted to do. Missions and Objectives are just terrible. Most shooters are shallow, but this game goes beyond. Checkpoints and pressing x. killing a random guy that often looks no different then the rest of the AI. that really is about it. AI: non-existing. You can tell exactly where control points were placed in the level. AI spawn and run to the points then start firing. It also seems that there can only be about 10 AI on screen at the same time and i never saw more than 3 or 4 firing at me. I never once felt under threat and often you can run past them while they look into a wall.

Destruction: what destruction? "Shredding" as they call it lets me rip apart about 20 to 30% of the level. And its not readable at all. On some buildings i can destroy a wall, but an identical looking wall next to it stays solid and only takes decals. There is no common thread and you can not plan ahead and feel smart. Shredding is accidental at best. What is there is detailed to a point its pointless. In the heat of battle i personal dont care if a chair disintigrates into 400 pieces. Give me Bad Company building collapses every day.

Story and Character: Not present. My character has no name and a no-name **** chick screams in my ear. The writing is so bland and boring that i would guess Codemasters saved the money for a professional writer and developed the story in house. Bad mistake. I dont expect a Deus Ex story line in a shooter, but give me at least SOMETHING that makes sense and tells me why i should be killing everyone.

Graphics: about 5 years dated. Looks like previous xbox and not 360. surprising considering the same engine looks gorgeous on GRID and DIRT. the color scheme is a total rip-off from Brink but implemented terribly. The levels are so full of color it hurts your eyes and AI (often in the same color palette) blend in completely. Audio: Audio is largely good and so is the music, but the music feels out of place for this game somehow.

Level Design: The Levels are generally nice and open, inviting you to explore. But this is where the rest breaks down. Missions are linear scripted (as if the scripter did not realize he had a semi open world to play with and it was all corridor shooter) and the AI just falls apart when you diviate from the critical path.

Overall: Avoid at all cost. Or ask yourself how much 1000 Achievment points are really worth to you cash wise.
  9. Sep 5, 2011
    They need to stop wasting energy on a shooter style they can't do right and go back to making great racing games like Burnout. This is a very poorly made shooter in a market stuffed with sublime offerings like BF, GOW, COD, Drakes Fortune, Resistance ....... First the color palette is off. Its a mess of bright puke or brown. Second the enemy AI is bad. Next, there are exploding barrelsThey need to stop wasting energy on a shooter style they can't do right and go back to making great racing games like Burnout. This is a very poorly made shooter in a market stuffed with sublime offerings like BF, GOW, COD, Drakes Fortune, Resistance ....... First the color palette is off. Its a mess of bright puke or brown. Second the enemy AI is bad. Next, there are exploding barrels everywhere which is just cheap. Finally, the enemy is clearly inspired by nazis which I just wish European developers could get past as the ultimate bad guy its boring. Oh and it has a trite social message like Haze which also failed hard. Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2011
    No. Just no. This game is too short, boring and NO FUN. So Why give it a 3? Well because the story was decent. But decent story + Repetative Game = Terrible, still. DO NOT GET THIS GAME UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BE RIPPED OFF!
  11. Sep 18, 2011
    Sorry Codemasters, but this is the worst FPS shooter ever!!! The demo was horrible, hyper control lag. I don't even imagine on the final release... Codemasters, do us a favor and start making Grid 2 for us will you
  12. Dec 30, 2013
    I came into this game thinking that since it had the word "count" in the name, it would be a fun math learning game

but i was wrong, and im dissapointed. some1 must have been on pot when they made this caus it is crap. no counting at all.
  13. Jan 5, 2015
    Bodycount on the Xbox 360 was a bad first attempt at a first person shooter by codemasters a company that seemed to earn their money from racing games. To me it seems they tried to combine a classic arcade shooter with the mechanics of battlefield. Some stuff just doesn't mix. For starters the story is non existent the game doesn't explain who you are or who you work for. you're told youBodycount on the Xbox 360 was a bad first attempt at a first person shooter by codemasters a company that seemed to earn their money from racing games. To me it seems they tried to combine a classic arcade shooter with the mechanics of battlefield. Some stuff just doesn't mix. For starters the story is non existent the game doesn't explain who you are or who you work for. you're told you represent the network. Is this a private company or a government program? It doesn't tell you. It just drops you into Africa where there is a civil war raging and you're sent there as a mediator. I'm just assuming that's why you were sent there. The mission briefings are also bare bones. When I say mediator I mean you kill everyone no matter which side they represent and when the enemies first spot you and they will there are very few stealth elements they automatically forget about each other and focus on you. Enemies are very easy to kill and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with fully automatic rifles. The main enemy is a group that calls themselves the target. The game doesn't explain who they are. Are they a private military organization or what? The game mechanics are wonky and some are broken. For example I threw a grenade at a door to blew it open but instead the grenade glitches through the door and detonated on the other side doing no damage to the door and the game boasts destructible environments. Speaking of that the environments are to destructible the cover gets blown away so easily it feels like you're trying to hide behind paper walls instead of concrete. For example you have an ability to drop land mines I dropped a mine right next to a glass window the mine barely scrapped the glass and it shattered like I just threw a brick through it instead of scraping it with the edge of a mine. the game also has a few questionable design choices. Such as looking down the sights of you're weapon. You don't actually bring up the sights you just lean you're head forward slightly. There is nothing wrong with that but the problem is that bringing up your sights freezes you in place eliminating the ability to run and gun. One thing that really stood out to me as a horrible design choice is you're ability to call in airstrikes. You can only mark the area directly in front of you for airstrikes. That makes this ability completely worthless because most people wont use airstrikes if they have enemies directly in front of them. In a nut shell the game was disappointing it tried to mix a classic arcade shooter with a modern military shooter and it failed and with it being only 3 to 4 hours long its only worth in my opinion 5 dollars max. Its a way to kill an afternoon but its not a fun one and if you want to boost you're gamer score the achievements are relatively easy to get. If you do want to play it once you find little reason to play it again. Expand

1. Niggly, thoroughly uninspired, and lacking variety, Bodycount is destined to sink without trace in 360's deep pool of generic shooters. [Dec 2011, p.100]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Bodycount could have been so much more than the generic FPS that it's turned out to be. It has its moments, but they're too few and far between in a game that's plagued with imperfections and glaring flaws. Bodycount is not a completely terrible game by any means, it just feels dated and doesn't measure up to the high standards set by most of today's shooters. It's Shoddycount.
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Bodycount is a bad game. A very bad game. It's overly simple, the setting is dry, and the controls don't even work all that well. There is quite literally nothing good about it.