Bomberman: Act Zero Xbox 360

• Release Date: Aug 29, 2006
2.3

1. JordanH.
    Dec 17, 2007
    This game isn't as bad as people say. The new FPB mode is pretty good. It adds a new style of gameplay to the series. Sadly, you can't save your progress, so you'll have to try and do all 100 stages in one sitting, which is very time-consuming and difficult. I haven't got past Stage 15 myself. The online multiplayer would be good if people actually played it online, This game isn't as bad as people say. The new FPB mode is pretty good. It adds a new style of gameplay to the series. Sadly, you can't save your progress, so you'll have to try and do all 100 stages in one sitting, which is very time-consuming and difficult. I haven't got past Stage 15 myself. The online multiplayer would be good if people actually played it online, but no one does, so I've never tried it. Overall, the game isn't that bad. It's just repetitive, time-consuming, and the online servers are always empty. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2016
    bomberman act zero did forgot multiplayer offline and checkpoints, yet it features 99 levels, bomberman act zero for 360 is a mess, while sonic 06 for ps3 and 360 is awesome so is gundam crosfire, no matter what. my suggestion is to stay far away from bomberman act zero, if you want bomberman. this game should be cancelled.
  3. Mar 8, 2017
    Bomberman Act Zero, when played online, is by far the most fun online bomberman game in recent memory. Having said that, online mode is the only enjoyable mode. With a campaign which forces you to repeat the exact same loading screen on the same map up to 100 times and a missing local multiplayer, this unfortunately is also the most lackluster Bomberman game of all time also. Bomberman ActBomberman Act Zero, when played online, is by far the most fun online bomberman game in recent memory. Having said that, online mode is the only enjoyable mode. With a campaign which forces you to repeat the exact same loading screen on the same map up to 100 times and a missing local multiplayer, this unfortunately is also the most lackluster Bomberman game of all time also. Bomberman Act Zero attempted to take a more mature look by changing the character design to this cyborg looking bombermen, and changing the look of the maps to a much darker theme as well as the bomb design to a futuristic looking orb. None of it feels like bomberman. However the main reason I cannot score the game high is due to a missing local multiplayer, a staple of all bomberman games. This is the worst move I've seen by a developer, and there was no reason at all to remove the most important element of any bomberman game. Now to the online, the game features an online ranking system adding depth and skill to the online play. Bomberman also has new and improved powerups such as bomb through and block through as well as an infinite bomb powerup, used perfectly with line bomb. The FPB mode allows you to get a close up view of bomberman, also adding a health bar to the character, however the classic bomberman view is still the best. Overall Bomberman was a great online game around the time of release but as of now there are no redeeming qualities that warrant a purchase of a game that removed the most important element - the local play. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    We never thought the day would come where we'd so dislike a Bomberman game, but by being needlessly lacking in the most crucial areas, Act Zero is impossible to love. [Sept 2006, p.78]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Sorry, B-Man, you went from hero to a big zero. [Sept. 2006, p.97]
  3. The lack of stage types and offline multiplayer hinder the game's longevity a bit, but overall, Act: Zero plays well, the new FPB mode is fun, and the Standard mode still offers classic Bomberman fun. [JPN Import]