7.8

1. Oct 18, 2012
    excellent DLC, definitely worth 800 MSP, amazing new landscapes, weapons and 6 hours worth of Story gameplay, and over 5 hours of side missions. The same humor, new vehicle, excellent. My quarrel: the side quests are all extremely repetitive (fetching mainly). Either way, I'd say: get this one, Mechromancer? not so much
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 continues to deliver all we expect and more from this fantastic franchise. In its first major Downloadable Content pack titled Captain Scarlett and Her Pirates Booty you continues the adventures of your chosen vault hunter on Pandora. This time your taken to Oasis, a desert plateau surrounded by dried up sea beds and cliffs that are miles high. You are there to find a lostBorderlands 2 continues to deliver all we expect and more from this fantastic franchise. In its first major Downloadable Content pack titled Captain Scarlett and Her Pirates Booty you continues the adventures of your chosen vault hunter on Pandora. This time your taken to Oasis, a desert plateau surrounded by dried up sea beds and cliffs that are miles high. You are there to find a lost treasure that have claimed many a pirates life however the infamous Captain Scarlett agrees to assist you in finding it.
    The DLC will last you around 5 hours for just the main questline but around 8 or 9 to 100% it, its a large DLC by any standards including new character customisations, a new vehicle and new weapons. Captain Scarlett is a must own for any Borderlands 2 fan.
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    Excellent DLC, you would be a little greedy to ask for anything more. I love this game bc of the expansive maps, engaging story, and loot. In this dlc I get all of that. Just as I was in the campaign, I was surprised at how big the maps were. Nothing felt repetitive about the locations, I feel as though the developers did a great job of making every location new and fresh for the player.Excellent DLC, you would be a little greedy to ask for anything more. I love this game bc of the expansive maps, engaging story, and loot. In this dlc I get all of that. Just as I was in the campaign, I was surprised at how big the maps were. Nothing felt repetitive about the locations, I feel as though the developers did a great job of making every location new and fresh for the player. It's a pleasure to look and explore each environment. In Pirates Booty, you will get LOTS of booty. Mad loot. I finished it in a few days, I do believe it could be a little longer. But there are a good amount of side missions and places to explore so you really can't complain. Get this dlc today! (my iPad is not letting me give this a 10, it only let's me choose 8) (sorry) Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    Compared to the DLC's from Borderands 1, this particular DLC is a fine improvement from not only the improvements over the gripes from Borderlands 1 but also the gripes of it's DLC's. Particularly, my biggest complaint with the BL1 dlc's is that they only had 1 FAST TRAVEL SYSTEM in the DLC, so you were forced to keep backtracking from where you started off, especially with the Armory ofCompared to the DLC's from Borderands 1, this particular DLC is a fine improvement from not only the improvements over the gripes from Borderlands 1 but also the gripes of it's DLC's. Particularly, my biggest complaint with the BL1 dlc's is that they only had 1 FAST TRAVEL SYSTEM in the DLC, so you were forced to keep backtracking from where you started off, especially with the Armory of General Knoxx. Also, a smaller complaint I had with these particular BL1 DLC's is that each DLC either focused on All Vehicle travel or all Foot Travel, which is a pain considering that a lot of the DLC's from BL1 were also a development test to bring out BL2 with that kind of innovation. Thankfully, this first BL2 DLC suffers from neither of those issues. Now there are multiple Fast Travel Networks in this DLC (so far), so you won't have to backtrack, A New Vehicle (which in a way is pretty decent once you get used to it) and most importantly, this DLC balances both Vehicle and On-Foot Combat spetacularly. Also, I enjoy the new familiar and added enemies in this DLC, as well as the fact that they have been completely re-skinned and voiced over to represent the whole idea of "Pirate's Booty". The new guns also stack up to the whole pirate mythology, with 'Cursed" guns (although I didn't tend to notice these negatives as much), and overall this DLC altogether has a lot more effort put into the content that they give. Although, the story aspect for me is kind of a return from the BL1 DLC content, but the dialogue is still funny and a riot to listen to. Fortunately, this DLC doesn't suffer too hard from the spontaneous dialogue leakage that either interrupts or overlaps other ECHO logs you were currently listening to. I would wholeheartedly suggest not only getting this DLC but the season pack, as I can tell this attention to detail by Gearbox will keep coming with later DLC's. Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an amazing game, this DLC not so much. The story is a story that's been recycled almost as much as zombies have been. You hear about a treasure, join forces, get stabbed in the back, fight massive monster, get loot. That's it. It takes 5 to 7 hours to complete. I should also say that the amount of loot you get is rather disappointing, after all that you've done to get it.Borderlands 2 is an amazing game, this DLC not so much. The story is a story that's been recycled almost as much as zombies have been. You hear about a treasure, join forces, get stabbed in the back, fight massive monster, get loot. That's it. It takes 5 to 7 hours to complete. I should also say that the amount of loot you get is rather disappointing, after all that you've done to get it. The side quests are a reprint of the missions from the actual game, just now they have a pirate feel to them. The main hubs, Wurmwater and Oasis are so identical that I forget which I am in after a while. Now that I have all of the bad stuff detailed, I can say that this DLC is hilarious and well written, too. Shade lives in a dead town in which he took some corpses, attached a tape to each of them, and talks to them. Like they're real people. It's creepy, weird, and funny, all at the same time. I like how Scarlett keeps reminding me that she will stab me in the back, it makes me never feel safe. The Sandskiff is a cool vehicle, just not a good one. It goes, at normal speed about as fast as you can walk. The first DLC to Borderlands 2 isn't a must buy, but it does have more Pandora, which is a very good thing. NOTE: I have the Season Pass to Borderlands 2. Shortly after I complete every DLC, I will post a review for it. Check back every month for more reviews! Expand
  6. Oct 28, 2012
    A very nice add-on, plus, with lines that cracked me up - I really enjoyed this DLC; however, the story felt a bit short and was somewhat easy to complete. A definite purchase for fans of Borderlands 2

Laggy texture pop-in dulls some of the shine, and some of the more minor goofball characters are more intriguing than Scarlett herself. But you'll find enough charm, loot, and gritty challenge to merit getting some sand in your boots.
  2. Oct 26, 2012
    There are some enjoyable moments and I don't doubt that the Borderlands faithful will enjoy what is offered as the visuals, continued humour, main story, and proven gameplay is evident here, it just seems to be a little less then what was established in the main game.
  3. Oct 26, 2012
    Another juicy chunk of action, with a new cast of iconic characters, lots of new missions and even more loot-zilla. Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty needs yor help: what're you waiting for, Vault Hunter?