8.2

1. Nov 27, 2012
    I feel that this game left a lot to be desired. When the game first started I found myself literally giggling at Jack every time he popped on the screen. That changed as the game took a very dramatic shift halfway through. I found it rather tedious to work through the story after that. The guns don't feel at all very powerful which is lame, because you spend a retarded amount of time farming for some of them. And the game has been causing a lot of system freezing for a lot of people who dropped between 70 and 200 dollars on it. I am one of those people. Overall the game was a fair disappointment for me. Expand
  2. Oct 4, 2012
    This game was highly over rated compared to Borderlands. The leveling does not map to solo player game play and neither do the weapons. The side quests are the same way especially if you do the ones in "The Fridge".

Animation was poor at best as were what little interaction you had with Roland, Lilith or Modecai.

The fast travel network was terrible especially if you were in the
    middle of a specific area and had to make your way back. You could only quit the game and save it in hopes you would get back to the start. Enemies re-spawned over and over and way to quickly. As a solo player reached a level of 38 and the weapons were terrible. Almost impossible to reach Level 50 to battle Thresher and skill trees were cumbersome and not leveled correctly to achieve needed attributes for fighting.

Played Vault Leve difficultyl after first playthrough as a Solo player and it was almost impossible because of leveling and poor weapons. Did all side quests and explored all areas in detail. Chests were very mediocre at best for what you had to do to get to them.

Scenery was a makeover especially going back to Fyrestone for those who played Borderlands. It was like playing in a poorly illustrated comic book.

Will not purchase the DLC's when it comes out. Was not worth the money.

Again, feel as it is another game in the marketplace where cost cutting was the norm to maximize profits.

Feel the consumer looses again.
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    I became somewhat board of it, I attempted to play Borderlands 1 but never got into it, my cousin dragged me into playing BL2 and I got to say playing that game was more like a chore for me as I did not want to offend my cousin as he really wanted me to enjoy the game. The game makes my head hurt, people will say that your just not smart enough to understand and appreciate the dynamics and complexity of the game. But in all honesty its too much for me, the plot doesn't captivate me and it doesn't drive me to through. If the graphics weren't enough the whole concept doesn't grasp me and its to much work to actually enjoy the game. Expand
  4. Dec 20, 2012
    B2 feels more like a B1 expansion pack with re-skins, a few tweaks and some really annoying gameplay bugs. Games too long for a just a rental, and just not worth the full price.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    One word review: BOREDLANDS...
    Oh my god, it IS boring...

An awful sad, boring to the teeth game. Even worst than the ridiculous first installment, this train wreck of a game is dull, predictable and generic to the extreme. Same old same old mediocre FPS game disguised as a very bad written RPG. Avoid at all costs.
  6. Nov 4, 2012
    The game itself is so overrated, gameplay is repetitive, the feel of it is a huge letdown.

... Meh. Don't get it, it gets boring after an hour of playing. You really don't want to play it more than an hour or so.
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    Twice I tried to force myself to finish this game, and twice I have decided it is not worth my time. Sub-mediocre writing and story pasted on a 20 hour gear check with invisible walls and **** physics. Don't waste your time on this crap, its all hype.
  8. Jun 2, 2013
    Considering duke nukem was garbage; I am not really surprised how bad this game is. Same as the first one. Just new characters and maps. The second and third playthroughs are trash. Randy Pitchford ruined this game. The eneimes are overpowered and the guns are underpowered. Most of the glitches that made this game good are gone. Now one bullet kills you and you lose all of your money. This was just a huge disappointment. Expand
  9. Oct 24, 2012
    When playing a game that plays like DLC, you might as well just wait for all the DLC in one complete package. When you expect little, you get games like this. I loved the first one, bought the GOTY about a year and a half ago, and this sequel actually seems to fall a bit short of the first. Absolutely terrible and cringe-worthy humor from (pick your least favorite sitcom and insert here). The story seems to get in the way of the gameplay, and makes less and less sense as the game wears on. Wear on it will, as the last ten hours of the game are basically fetch missions that have you scratching your head each time and wondering why the game didn't have an endpoint earlier. Play in coop, as then you won't have to listen to any dialogue in the game at all. About as good as Gearbox's last game, Duke Nukem Forever, yet less funny and less classy.

There is sure to be the complete DLC collection to this DLC collection in about a year, priced at about forty bucks compared to the $100, or close to it, you are going to pay in installments. Forget layaway, just wait.

Not sure how long this review will stay up, as Gearbox is teaming up with Metacritic to let you know that you must like the game.
  10. Apr 13, 2013
    Played the first Borderlands and found it somewhat enjoyable. Playing BL2 was more of a grind towards the end. The level tree was somewhat tedious, the weapons never really kept up with the levels that you made, and the skill points were pretty much useless. Just a drone of a game, no replay value whatsoever.
  11. Oct 24, 2012
    This would have been my favorite game ever. Shortly after release the game started freezing on me and thousands of other players as you can see in the gearbox forums essentially locking us completely out of the game. With no apology or patch, this is unnaceptable. I paid 60$ for a game I can't play. That's why it gets a zero instead of a 10. I'll never buy another gearbox game due to their lack of fixes and pure greed. Randy Pitchford deletes tweets when they talk about the freeze and ignores the issue. It doesn't matter how good the game is if you can't play it. Shameful. Expand
  12. Jun 28, 2013
    Boring shooter, the only difference from this and an FPS is this map is way bigger and more repetitive. I played this with a friend and it was hard to get through it because it was so boring. The weapons are in no way "cool" or entertaining. The story is the enemies are absurd and the bosses are even more so. You could defiantly skip out on this one
  13. Apr 16, 2013
    I gave Borderlands 2 a lot of time, and it unfortunately fast becomes very boring. One of the reasons is the new co op mode. Playing with my limited number of friends online, who have already gotten very far in the game, I was given some level 50 equipment that was used to sell off. I bought so much good stuff and wreaked havoc through the storyline with my level 50 buddies, it then became a serious chore. That's unfortunate.

Borderlands 1 was excellent, and was played entirely with a buddy of mine split screen co op. Borderlands 2 was exactly the same, and that's not cool, it's being charged twice for the same game.
  14. Sep 29, 2013
    Compared to the first borderlands this game is a bad joke. The leveling of the weapons is so broken now that it is not funny..... A 500% damage increase on weapons from lvl 30-40 means you are constantly changing them out not because you want to but because you have to...... The way they limited the most desirable weapon mods to Legendary super rare was equally annoying.....
    It was also a
    lot buggier than the first one.
    Overall the game is a piece of garbage not worth playing. It is also building for a Borderlands online......
  15. Nov 27, 2013
    A slow moving story, underpowered weapons, terrible split screen co-op, and unbalanced combat seals the nail in the coffin for this poorly executed video game.
  16. Aug 5, 2014
    I was having fun for the first two levels then after that, the enemies started to become WAY TO OP!!!! I spent two hours trying to save the bird for a claptrap upgrade. I get spawn killed every time, I can't believe that I wasted $20 on crap that boring. The weapons were ok but way to weak. The is the most unbalanced game I've ever played, It's so stupid how I face level 20s while still a 15. It sounds little but it is a HUGE gap! It should be that the enemies are THE EXACT level as you for a good balance. This game deserves more than 0 but it's made by 2k which they are corrupted. The only thing I find entertaining out of this game is jack. Expand

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.