Borderlands 2 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Sep 19, 2012
    The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing,The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing, character skill trees are improved, friends can select quests in co-op games rather than having to tell the "party leader" to do it, the new enemies are well designed, you can now dismember baddies, you can now tag items in your inventory as "trash" or "favorite" so you remember what to sell next time at the vending machine, you can now directly trade with people, you automatically pick up money and ammo (but thankfully not loot) and combat is more organic (enemies take cover, flank you, dodge attacks).

So what's the negatives? The new menus are clunky and difficult to parse, missions still consist of mostly "shoot that" or "find this," driving mechanics are about the same (though thankfully you don't take damage from hitting enemies as much), level design can be really confusing at times even with the new HUD mini map and sometimes there's simply too much dialogue happening simultaneously. For example if you're playing co-op the first big town you get to is a total cluster as multiple characters are introducing themselves cutting off the others dialogue. I find myself saying, "what is going on?" much more regularly during this game than BL1. That said, these are only minor complaints and the additions far outweigh the handful of small issues. In short, if you loved the first BL stop reading this review and go pick up the sequel!.
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    MUCH better than Borderlands 1 (which is a great game)... I've only played for about 3 1/2 hours but I can tell you the game runs smooth with great graphics, great gameplay, and really good voice acting.
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Another amazing game in a truly outstanding series, borderlands 2 keeps the familiarity, gameplay and humour of the first game, but it improves on everything. An awesome narrative with some of the most creative and best writing iv'e seen in a video game, filled with the great borderlands humour that we have all grow to love. For a modern shooter it really stands out from the crown withAnother amazing game in a truly outstanding series, borderlands 2 keeps the familiarity, gameplay and humour of the first game, but it improves on everything. An awesome narrative with some of the most creative and best writing iv'e seen in a video game, filled with the great borderlands humour that we have all grow to love. For a modern shooter it really stands out from the crown with solid and enjoyable mechanics, along with unique the shoot-n-loot mechanic, which has also been vastly improved since the last game, also the skill tree's vary much more, allowing three unique paths for each character. There is no doubt that playing it solo is a great time, but this game truly shines when playing with friends, the co-op experience is no doubt the best iv'e ever had. There is absolutely nothing to complain about when it comes to this game, it achieves everything it has set out to do and improved on it in almost every way since borderlands 1. it is a great game, made by gamers, for gamers, which is why it deserves a perfect 10/10 Expand
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    I was skeptical at first,but when I got into it i was so Astonished.This game is one of the best Comic type games,i love the 4 Co play that's a rare feature in split screen not many games do that they require connection or going on line well i don't do that,i'm more of a single player.This is a good game to [buy]
  5. Sep 24, 2012
    Game is great, it has really sucked me in. Wasn't so thrilled with the tutorial part at the beginning as it really has a super slow pace. I hope it is skippable on my second play through as I would hate to have to repeat it. Overall I'm really pleased with the game.
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    Great game. Took everything that was strong in the first game and refined areas that needed improvement. It's a beautiful game too. The graphics are beautiful. I don't know what this type of animation is but it looks good. Great color. The sound design is great. Story. Weapons. Levelling up. I think you have to understand that its not a super linear, you have to go this way now, now youGreat game. Took everything that was strong in the first game and refined areas that needed improvement. It's a beautiful game too. The graphics are beautiful. I don't know what this type of animation is but it looks good. Great color. The sound design is great. Story. Weapons. Levelling up. I think you have to understand that its not a super linear, you have to go this way now, now you have to go that way, you cant go back there because you've already been there type game. It's open world demands some exploration. You're always looking for cash and "loot" (ammo, grenades, more weapons, shields, etc). That can feel slow, kind of like RPG's can be sometimes. It's a solid, polished, massive game. Too many positive things to list. Out of a hundred games there are usually only a few that are the "stand outs" this is one of them. I've read some critiques that suggest it's too much like the last game. I guess they should have skipped this one and waited for the "next" Call of Duty, because those are always different from its predecessor right? I'm enjoying the game, I think you will to. Expand
  7. Sep 24, 2012
    I've been playing this game for about 15 hours or so now and I'm loving every new area, enemy and gun as much as the first. Simply put, if you like FPS games you have to get this. The single players is excellent and the co-op is the best I've played since GRAW & Rainbow six Vegas. Normally I can't be bothered to collect everything but I find myself searching every nook to get ammo, money,I've been playing this game for about 15 hours or so now and I'm loving every new area, enemy and gun as much as the first. Simply put, if you like FPS games you have to get this. The single players is excellent and the co-op is the best I've played since GRAW & Rainbow six Vegas. Normally I can't be bothered to collect everything but I find myself searching every nook to get ammo, money, eridium and guns. The guns all have a different feel and their own uses which means your selection is very important in battles. There is enough customization to keep you happy and the characters you meet have a personality of their own and sometimes a nice gun for you. Humour? it's got a lot and as for fun, there is nothing better than letting a midget run at you with your sniper sights trained on his head, then at the last minute....BOOM!
    I was looking forward to BLOPS 2 and Halo 4 but they will need to be something special to beat this game. I also normally trade games in as soon as I've finished the single player and played a couple of months of multiplayer but I will be keeping this game to play the DLC missions and characters. Awesome game and massive fun.
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    Very great game. They really seemed to fix a lot of the nonsense from Borderlands 1. You NEED to play this with friends to really enjoy it to the full extent, but a damn good game nonetheless.
  9. Sep 25, 2012
    Once in awhile you pick a game up off the shelf and get it home and actually can't stop playing the damn thing :).

It makes us all feel good that we have spent our money on a product worth having as well as a company worth supporting. Every other company needs to stop and take a look at how these guys are doing it and reevaluate their development.

Love it!
  10. Sep 21, 2012
    Co-op experiences do not get any better than this folks, Borderlands 2 is a fun and cool game, it's as simple as that, it doesn't have a deep story or deep characters but it sets out to make you laugh and enjoy yourself and it accomplishes just that, hats off to Gearbox.
  11. Sep 21, 2012
    Improves on the first game in almost every way imaginable. Borderlands 2 is winner and starts off the fall season of triple A titles. Unless you're going through a very excessive playthrough it's near impossible to run out of things to do. Side missions continually pop up and are always a joy to run through, earning you more guns, supplies, and various loot. The games all about the loot,Improves on the first game in almost every way imaginable. Borderlands 2 is winner and starts off the fall season of triple A titles. Unless you're going through a very excessive playthrough it's near impossible to run out of things to do. Side missions continually pop up and are always a joy to run through, earning you more guns, supplies, and various loot. The games all about the loot, no two items are ever the same thanks to a new randomly generating loot and gun system, and the variety in weapons is at the top of the mountain; no other game comes near it. It's graphically appealing and prettier this time around. Environments are much more luscious and varied than it's predecessor. My only complaints are that the story is often predictable yet very enjoyable, and some missions get tedious as there's much backtracking to be done. Overall though Borderlands 2 is a must own for any gamer, it has the best of everything, great RPG elements, it's a solid FPS, and the game is hysterical. Expand
  12. Apr 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last fewBorderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last few years. Do not presume this is just Borderlands 1.5, this is a great new visit to Pandora. Expand
  13. DME
    May 26, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plainBorderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plain FUN. You can tell that the developers put a lot of thought and care into the making of the game.

(Disclaimer: I have never played the original Borderlands, so I can't compare the two games. Also, keep in mind, everybody will have a different experience depending on who they play with. Online play with randoms seems disastrous and solo play feels lonely and limited. I played through the game in offline splitscreen mode with a buddy. We only played with each other and neither of us ever played without the other. I do believe this was the best way to experience the game.)
  14. Nov 11, 2012
    I'm impressed. BL2 is everything BL1 was and more. An even bigger variety of weapons and plenty of laughs. There's virtually nothing that hasn't been improved upon from an already entertaining game. The only downside I would say, and this is just my opinion, is no longer being able to pop a target's limbs off. I had hoped turning on the gore would cure that. But alas, it did not. PerhapsI'm impressed. BL2 is everything BL1 was and more. An even bigger variety of weapons and plenty of laughs. There's virtually nothing that hasn't been improved upon from an already entertaining game. The only downside I would say, and this is just my opinion, is no longer being able to pop a target's limbs off. I had hoped turning on the gore would cure that. But alas, it did not. Perhaps the purpose for that is future DLC/$. But there's a satisfying level of sadism when you take an enemy down with any of the elements be it from a weapon or an exploding barrel.. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    Bigger, better and way more bad ass. That has been said before regarding sequels to other games, but it has never been more true than with Borderlands 2. The tweaks to the classes may throw some people off at first, but give the new characters a little time to get to know them and you'll find pure gold. The game seems more balanced overall, with tougher, smarter enemies and the need toBigger, better and way more bad ass. That has been said before regarding sequels to other games, but it has never been more true than with Borderlands 2. The tweaks to the classes may throw some people off at first, but give the new characters a little time to get to know them and you'll find pure gold. The game seems more balanced overall, with tougher, smarter enemies and the need to utilize each characters strengths to ensure success. If you played Borderlands and even liked it a little bit, you should be playing Borderlands 2 right now. Thank you Gearbox for another gem. I wish there were more developers like you guys that put this much thought, love and attention to detail into co-op games. Borderlands 2 is easily among the front-runners for game of the year - and one of the best co-op games in recent memory. Expand
  16. Oct 11, 2012
    Bad.Ass.

Bad.Ass.

There isn't much more to be said here. This was my first borderlands game. This game had me hooked from start to end, and then sunk me back in the new game + mode. Utterly brilliant design, simplistic yet with deep RPG mechanics blended in a FPS environment and an amazing artistic style, and let's not forget the best part .. the humor !!! So so funny, every character has so much personality. Can't wait for the DLC and any future games.
  17. Oct 9, 2012
    Worth the wait - better than the first one, and I can't put this game down. If you like loot-based games (who doesn't) and Diablo 3 was a disappointment to you (it probably was) this is your huckleberry
  18. Oct 9, 2012
    Borderlands 2's tagline should read "For the community, by the community". I say this because literally every single aspect that i did not not like from the original Borderlands has been removed or amped up to be an enjoyable aspect of the game. The narrative is superb both funny and at times gut wrenching at others. Playing through once isnt enough as beating the game the first timeBorderlands 2's tagline should read "For the community, by the community". I say this because literally every single aspect that i did not not like from the original Borderlands has been removed or amped up to be an enjoyable aspect of the game. The narrative is superb both funny and at times gut wrenching at others. Playing through once isnt enough as beating the game the first time unlocks True Vault Hunter Mode which raises the difficulty, changes enemy names and looks and includes more powerful loot and a chance at hitting the level cap. The NRA should endorse this wonderful game Expand
  19. Oct 30, 2012
    Good Lord! Since when do graphics make a game good? Furthermore those aren't bad graphics, it's just a different art style than most games, when did people stop reviewing games based on replay value? As for the gore, someone mentioned that it's toned down in this game, and I have no idea what they're talking about. As an avid fan but reasonable critic of the first game I can confidentlyGood Lord! Since when do graphics make a game good? Furthermore those aren't bad graphics, it's just a different art style than most games, when did people stop reviewing games based on replay value? As for the gore, someone mentioned that it's toned down in this game, and I have no idea what they're talking about. As an avid fan but reasonable critic of the first game I can confidently tell you that this game takes a great idea, and improves on absolutely everything. The voice acting is great and is complimented by some great writing, the settings are magnificent and diverse (unlike the first which had cool landscapes but they were all pretty similar), there is also actually a plot in BL2 as opposed to its predecessor, the guns are cooler, the skill trees are more balanced, and they added some skill tree options that are geared more towards multiplayer without forsaking us single player gamers. This game literally improved on everything from the first, and in my opinion the only way you won't enjoy this game is if you don't like FPS, RPGs, or both (or if you straight up don't get what all the fuss is about with this franchise, which is fine because everyone has their own tastes). Finally the vault is actually worth opening; instead of being disappointed by a few low rarity weapons at the end of the game, I was rewarded with two legendary weapons (rarest in the game), plenty of other valuable guns, and an itch to start "True Vault Hunter Mode". In conclusion, if you like FPS, RPGs, or both then check this game out, if FPS or RPGs aren't your thing then maybe not, but everyone should at least give it a try if they're given a chance; I live in a house with three non-gamer roommates and two of them are already hooked. Expand
  20. Oct 8, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together to create the most entertaining experience that I have ever played.

Borderlands 2 tries to appeal to fans of first-person shooters, lootfests, and RPGs alike. The original focused more on shooting and looting, then anything else. Its story was clearly an afterthought, and the RPG element was unimpressive. Borderlands 2 thrives where the original failed.

The story, this time around is very entertaining. I find myself plotting the different ways I will kill Handsome Jack, the games antagonist. For reasons spoiler related, I will stop talking about the story. Side-quests are as strange as in the original. The missions are far more diverse, for example in one mission I
  21. Oct 12, 2012
    If you were a fan of the first title and asked yourself "Boy I sure could use more guns, loot, enemies, and bigger maps" than look no further. Borderlands 2 exceeds everything the first game had to offer. The new characters are fantastic and very diverse, but also very zany. The more storied focus campaign is a welcoming addition with a robust group of interesting characters. The core gameIf you were a fan of the first title and asked yourself "Boy I sure could use more guns, loot, enemies, and bigger maps" than look no further. Borderlands 2 exceeds everything the first game had to offer. The new characters are fantastic and very diverse, but also very zany. The more storied focus campaign is a welcoming addition with a robust group of interesting characters. The core game though is still the co-op loot fest that everyone loved in the first game. So grab some friends or go alone because there is much to be explored in Pandora. Expand
  22. Oct 5, 2012
    I honestly didn't know much about this series. Doing research i read that the first borderlands game was somewhat like rage. which i had played so that's how i made the comparison. So my buddy calls me and says borderlands 2 is coming out were all gonna play online. So I bought it just to go along with it. To my surprise I was blown away how awesome this game truly is. Anyone who lovesI honestly didn't know much about this series. Doing research i read that the first borderlands game was somewhat like rage. which i had played so that's how i made the comparison. So my buddy calls me and says borderlands 2 is coming out were all gonna play online. So I bought it just to go along with it. To my surprise I was blown away how awesome this game truly is. Anyone who loves mmo's or loves games that have weapon upgrades,skills, talent trees,etc. Then this is the title for you. The co-op is flawless playing with a friend or just someone random is very enjoyable the mechanics the great voice dialogue and fun boss fights just work perfectly. This is not a rental this is a must have of 2012 Expand
  23. Oct 4, 2012
    This review is going to be quick if you have friends, love to collect guns, love rpgs then this is the perfect game for you. If you played the first borderlands the story wasn't that good, I don't remember the story actually, for borderlands 2 it is different the story is solid, the gameplay is excellent, it is a pretty challenging game. And trust me you will be playing this game for aThis review is going to be quick if you have friends, love to collect guns, love rpgs then this is the perfect game for you. If you played the first borderlands the story wasn't that good, I don't remember the story actually, for borderlands 2 it is different the story is solid, the gameplay is excellent, it is a pretty challenging game. And trust me you will be playing this game for a long time. The first borderlands was awesome this one is amazing. It is really worth your money and time. If you want the season pass don't hesitate buy it. Expand
  24. Oct 6, 2012
    This game takes you back to Pandora in a great way. The gameplay, guns, story, characters, and guns have been drastically improved compared to the original Borderlands and it makes it a fantastic game to play. At every moment of the game something (or someone) is trying to kill you and you get plenty of opportunities to try and kill them right back. This game is utterly lovely to play.
  25. Oct 27, 2012
    A great game with a unique art style and tongue in cheek humour. The technical side is great with good textures but let down by texture pop-in.The quests are more varied than its predecessor, but let down by some repetitive fetch quests. Overall 9.3/10-Outstanding
  26. Oct 31, 2012
    The game is solid and is a much improved version of Borderlands 1. That being said this formula gets tired (at least for me) over time so I finished it with two different characters (Zero and Axton) then stopped and have no intention of bothering with the add-ons. To me it seems everyone races to level 50 then struggles to find Bee shields with slightly better stats than their other oneThe game is solid and is a much improved version of Borderlands 1. That being said this formula gets tired (at least for me) over time so I finished it with two different characters (Zero and Axton) then stopped and have no intention of bothering with the add-ons. To me it seems everyone races to level 50 then struggles to find Bee shields with slightly better stats than their other one and the fun of finding unique weapons eventually dies out a bit as well as finding all the collectables in the game. Absolutely worth a play and a great game but can't give it higher than an 8. Expand
  27. Nov 9, 2012
    I bought this game uncertain if I would enjoy it, but I took the chance and it was one of the best decisions I ever made as a religious gamer. Borderlands 2 is a genre like no other, being an RPG/FPS and feels like so many different great games all wrapped into one. I have played it non-stop (breaks for work and food of course) since the purchase and won't stop until I beat it completely.I bought this game uncertain if I would enjoy it, but I took the chance and it was one of the best decisions I ever made as a religious gamer. Borderlands 2 is a genre like no other, being an RPG/FPS and feels like so many different great games all wrapped into one. I have played it non-stop (breaks for work and food of course) since the purchase and won't stop until I beat it completely. The guns are amazing, the story is great, and the characters are funny and original. I've heard the co-op is tons of fun but I have been playing solo and having a blast. Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2012
    The BEST MMO type of game on consoles to date!! This game should be in the running for game of the year!! Lets get to it!!

Graphics = 9 Yes there still Cell Shaded. That said they are gorgeous! They are a step up from the original and there are a lot of new things and additions to the style they have developed that make your eyeballs want to pop out of your head! There are a few hiccups and graphical glitches here and there that could have been polished out but over all the game is beautiful!!

Gameplay = 10 The time you spend with your friends helping them out, leveling them up, finishing quests, trading weapons, and generally just having fun seems endless! The world seems Pandora seems alive and well, even if it is out to kill you every second your in it! The characters are very stylized and all are full of life as you would expect from the developers that gave life to claptrap! There are lots of creatures and baddies to kill of all different kinds and finding the right weapon for the job is half the fun. The boss fights are basically all about finding the soft spot and hitting it till the boss dies but its still fun and a good challenge. There are a butt load of weapons! They all act differently according to the manufacturer and the type of stats they have. The levels seem a little more linear than they did in the first game, this is something I personally loved and felt that it kept the game fast and furious instead of wandering around aimless in the same droll looking desert the whole game. Music/Sound EFX = 8 They went with the Dubstep sound track on this one... that said ..its a bit weak for Dubstep. For the most part the sound EFX are the same as the original game and don't really change much. So personally there's nothing really thought provoking or groundbreaking here. The only thing that really redeems the soundtrack is the voice acting! If it weren't for the great voice acting and character style this game would be an audio mess!! That said the characters are full of life and humor most of the time!

Controls = 9 The Controls are the same as the first game. Nothing has changed but they still feel natural and don't get in the way of the fun of the game! I guess it would be nice to have a little more customization to the controls but I really didn't find my self having problems with the defaults.

Replay = 10 Lots of re-playability with 5 classes and 1 expansion already out, it seems like there will be plenty
    of content to come. This game should be in every ones rotation for a long time to come! Over All! = 9 This is a Must have game for anyone who owns a gaming platform!!
  29. Jun 5, 2013
    This game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to playThis game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to play such an encompassing game but for adults, it's just fun and chock full. The game inclusions are second to none, a real delight and best overall game I have played on the XBox with every single incorporation. I hope they make a Borderlands 3 on the new XBox One. Such a good game that could be even more creatively added to with more compute power of the newer Xbox One platform. I look forward in wait and anticipation of an even mega Borderlands in the future. Expand
  30. Aug 13, 2013
    I got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in laterI got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in later playthroughs. right now i'm on my 9th playthrough and i still have fun playing through this game. I enjoy this and this is my go to game when i just wanna go and find a good time to play in. Expand
  31. Nov 27, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a shameless loot grind.

Sorry... let me rephrase that.

Borderlands 2 is an extremely fun shameless loot grind, with great humor, wonderful cooperative play, tons of exploration, and wall sphincters.
  32. Apr 27, 2015
    While Borderlands may been known for it's wacky (and brilliant) world, Borderland's 2 also does shooting and Role Playing so well that it feels like a true adventure.
  33. Sep 20, 2012
    Borderlands 2 feels exactly the way a sequel should - lots of little improvements, not too many big changes, and the sense that the baton was simply passed from the original to the successor.

I played the first game for over 1,000 hours, completing both playthroughs on all 4 characters and most of the challenges as well. Even just 10 hours into my BL2 playtime, I'm still remarking at each new discovery "that's EXACTLY what I was missing in the first game". Improved game mechanics, better use of challenges & goals, easier progression - it's all exactly what Dr. Zed ordered.

You SHOULD ABSOLUTELY buy this game and not stop playing it for any reason...
  34. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is definitely a step up from the original. Without a doubt it is my personal favorite game I have played in my entire lifetime. While there is not a ton new features, and there definitely is many of them, it has at least triple of everything good that was in Borderlands. And do not read any of those negative reviews. Those are by Call of Duty fans that do not know what a realBorderlands 2 is definitely a step up from the original. Without a doubt it is my personal favorite game I have played in my entire lifetime. While there is not a ton new features, and there definitely is many of them, it has at least triple of everything good that was in Borderlands. And do not read any of those negative reviews. Those are by Call of Duty fans that do not know what a real video game is. Expand
  35. Sep 26, 2012
    Exactly what a sequel should be, It takes everything good about the first game improves it, and adds its own flavor and humor into what was already an amazingly perfect game. Endless hours of exploring side quests and a thrilling story (in addition to play through 2) Borderlands 2 is not one to disappoint.
  36. Sep 23, 2012
    Spectacular game. Do as many of the side missions as possible. They are hilarious and sometimes both challenging and hilarious. It's spectacular. Everything from Borderlands 1 that made it amazing are here and improved 10 fold. I've never had so much fun finding new guns in a video game ever. It's like finding new blades in any given RPG, only these go boom.
  37. Sep 19, 2012
    I loved Borderlands 1 and spent at least 150 hours playing it, mainly single player and some recently with friends. So this review is through those eyes. This game is everything Borderlands was plus more. The world is detailed and the NPC interaction and movement is way better really giving life to the world and story. I have seen a lot more creative quests than in the first one and eachI loved Borderlands 1 and spent at least 150 hours playing it, mainly single player and some recently with friends. So this review is through those eyes. This game is everything Borderlands was plus more. The world is detailed and the NPC interaction and movement is way better really giving life to the world and story. I have seen a lot more creative quests than in the first one and each gun manufacturer and type feel a lot different.. The writing is funny and even the enemy movement is funny and awesome. I cannot help but smile while I am playing it because it is so much fun, I cannot wait to dump 200+ hours in this game in single player and with friends. If you want to knitpick about graphic popins and crap you can probably find things but this is a world to be explored, loot to be tried and sold and hilarity around every corner, There is no perfect game but this one is well worth the $60 over and over and easily my most favorite game ever. so screw you it is a 10! Expand
  38. Sep 21, 2012
    Finally a game this year actually worth spending the time to play. This year has been struggling so far. If you remotely liked the first BL, you will LOVE this one. SO FUNNY and addicting.... even my wife is laughing because of the dialogue and she hates watching me play.
  39. Sep 18, 2012
    this game is one for the fans it keeps the feel of the original and adds a whole lot. there is more humor blood gore and a whole lot of loot to be had in the believable world of pandora. other reviewers have complained about texture pop in but i installed the game and have noticed pop in only once in about 5 hours of game time. this game is truly a master piece.
  40. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is nothing short of a fantastic game, below you will see the good and bad of the game.
    The good:
    -Borderlands 2 graphics are fun to look at and beautiful. -You're put into the action right away. -The game-play is fun and challenging -The writing is hysterical and extremely well done. -Loading times are fast -Each character feels unique and the talent trees are very well
    The good:
    -Borderlands 2 graphics are fun to look at and beautiful.
    -You're put into the action right away.
    -The game-play is fun and challenging
    -The writing is hysterical and extremely well done. -Loading times are fast
    -Each character feels unique and the talent trees are very well done.
    -Every mission feels like it is important in some way, there are few tedious quests.
    -More guns
    -Plenty of character customization
    -Clap-trap
    -The bad-ass ranking is a nice replacement to proficiecies
    -Co-op local and on-line is fun
    -Although the re-spawn animation is a cinematic, it moves along so fast that it is hardly noticeable
    -Seeing many familiar faces(and fighting along-side some of them) is a nice way to connect the two games while still keeping it fresh
    The bad: -There a couple missions that you must run all the way around the map, through enemies much lower leveled than you, that can be annoying
    -A couple small technical glitches(i feel through one of the boats)
    -The inventory is very limited and you'll need to drop quite a few guns before you finally get to a bank
    -There are some difficulty spikes a bit through-out the game, but these really only lead to more trips to the new-u station and a little less money in your pocket

While the is not perfect by any means, but it gives the player one hell of a ride and i have to say, i can't wait for the dlc for this game
  41. Sep 25, 2012
    This is everything that an action game should be. The story is much improved from the last edition, the characters are all great and feel unique, NPC's are cleverly written and help keep the story moving along while the missions are varied enough that you don't feel like you are constantly going to fetch materials or kill a random character. And as much fun as single player is the co-opThis is everything that an action game should be. The story is much improved from the last edition, the characters are all great and feel unique, NPC's are cleverly written and help keep the story moving along while the missions are varied enough that you don't feel like you are constantly going to fetch materials or kill a random character. And as much fun as single player is the co-op is where this game truly shines. I haven't had this much fun blasting through bad guys with my brother and a couple of friends in a long time, if ever. With the amount of customization in the characters you really feel like you are working together as a team with your weaknesses being covered by your teammate's strengths. If you are a fan of action games you definitely need to check this one out, it's a blast! Expand
  42. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a great game. It is much prettier, funnier, and it is also more fun than the first game. I really liked Borderlands 1, and it was even more fun when playing with a friend. However, I have only played the second entry in the franchise by myself so far, and it is still more fun than co-op in the first game. I can't wait to play it with friends. There is a lot moreBorderlands 2 is a great game. It is much prettier, funnier, and it is also more fun than the first game. I really liked Borderlands 1, and it was even more fun when playing with a friend. However, I have only played the second entry in the franchise by myself so far, and it is still more fun than co-op in the first game. I can't wait to play it with friends. There is a lot more variety regarding weapons, enemies, and locales. The first game was desert, desert, and more desert. Borderlands 2, however, starts off on a snowy glacier, and changes up the sites often enough to keep things feeling fresh and interesting. I was actually worried that the game would not live up to my hopes, but it really has. Great purchase, was not expecting to give it a 10. Just a side note, there is no day one dlc, but if you pre-ordered, you get the Mechromancer class for free when it comes out on I believe October 18, but you will not get early access. Also, if you pre-ordered and got the golden key for the rare random weapon chest, I would suggest saving it until you are a very high level to get the most out of it. And last thing, I found that removing the auto-aim option really made the gameplay exciting, it becomes too repetitive when you can just press the trigger to automatically aim at a target (in my opinion anyway). Overall great purchase! Expand
  43. Sep 26, 2012
    I have been a huge fan of Borderlands since I first heard about it, the original trailers were nothing exciting, but the idea caught me.
    When the game was released however, it was nothing like my expectations, it was far better. It took a fairly simlpe idea, and made it great.

When Borderlands 2 arrived I was blown away. The areas look fantasic, there is plently to see and do, with areas that are large enough to have a good explore in, but small enough if you run and gun through the areas.
    The humour that has followed the game is very well written, I have caught myself laughing / groaning at some of the jokes, especially Claptrap, but the serious side is there as well, albeit still tounge in cheek for the most part.
    Its a very easy game to pick up and play. Some areas are unforgiving, but I never feel that dying is obtrusive to the game or the enjoyment. There may be some people that would argue "that would be the point of dying" but to me its the more enjoyment of the landscapes and the characters.
    The quests that I have played through so far have been failry simplistic, but an addition of some optional side quests and quest rewards have improved this.
    Generally I would describe this, personlly, as a perfect game. I have introduced new people to it, and they have all said similar things, "I have to get this."
    It may not be everybodies vup of tea, but I think it is an amazing game, and worth every penny.
  44. Sep 24, 2012
    A gaming masterpiece. It's everything you could want in a video game, without spreading itself too thin. While it isn't absolutely perfect, Borderlands 2 exceeds any standard that could be set for a video game. It has a good story with highly memorable characters, including one that so few games get right: a believable antagonist. Great graphical style and visual effects (especially on theA gaming masterpiece. It's everything you could want in a video game, without spreading itself too thin. While it isn't absolutely perfect, Borderlands 2 exceeds any standard that could be set for a video game. It has a good story with highly memorable characters, including one that so few games get right: a believable antagonist. Great graphical style and visual effects (especially on the PC), insanely entertaining, maximum replayability, and absolutely hilarious. Let's list all the pros and cons. ** Pros **
    ++ Good story
    ++ Motivated protagonists and antagonist
    ++ Never have an identical experience
    ++ Awesome graphics
    ++ Liquid-smooth gameplay
    ++ 25-plus hours of play for the first playthrough (and there is a second one that takes longer)
    ++ Varied missions
    ++ Most hilarious video game of this console generation
    ++ Over twenty million guns - well over, I believe
    ++ One of the best co-op games ever made
    ++ Highly moddable for those familiar with .ini files (PC only) ** Cons **
    -- Under-utilized vehicle system
    -- Odd inventory interface (PC only)
    -- The difficulty of missions is not indicated clearly (some are unreasonably difficult even when the quest tracker says "difficulty: normal")
  45. Sep 18, 2012
    Not many games learn from their mistakes, this one does, and does an excellent job at it, an improvement in almost every way, definitely worth getting if you didn't like the first one, and an even better choice if you liked the first one!
  46. Sep 19, 2012
    Definitely the best gaming experience to come out so far in 2012. Many improvements over the previous game, and runs beautifully. I highly recommend this game.
  47. Oct 4, 2012
    This game was meant for so many types of gamers, and succeeds at every style it serves up. If you a) like to shoot things b) like to collect stuff c) like to explore d) like memorable, entertaining characters e) like to game with friends ... Borderlands 2 delivers, with a funny, polished game you will be playing for hours and hours. It oozes atmosphere with a colorful art style, and givesThis game was meant for so many types of gamers, and succeeds at every style it serves up. If you a) like to shoot things b) like to collect stuff c) like to explore d) like memorable, entertaining characters e) like to game with friends ... Borderlands 2 delivers, with a funny, polished game you will be playing for hours and hours. It oozes atmosphere with a colorful art style, and gives you a shooting mechanic to rival Halo or Call of Duty in precision. (You can fix your controller buttons to emulate whatever FPS you play most.) I played the original Borderlands, including all the DLC, and didn't think I could possibly play more of the same game, but Gearbox managed to improve on every aspect of the original. Now I'm hooked again. Expand
  48. Sep 20, 2012
    The Best advice I can give you people interested in the game is buy it NOW! Why should you buy it now? well the critics love it that should be a good enough indicator.
  49. Oct 4, 2012
    Borderlands 2 brings you back to Pandora for another wild goose chase with some brand new vault hunters. However this time the focus is on something much more important than the vault. After Roland, Lillith, Mordecai and Brick awakened the destroyer eridium has been spewing out of the ground faster then grass, it has also shown the whereabouts of another vault. After Hyperion had a closeBorderlands 2 brings you back to Pandora for another wild goose chase with some brand new vault hunters. However this time the focus is on something much more important than the vault. After Roland, Lillith, Mordecai and Brick awakened the destroyer eridium has been spewing out of the ground faster then grass, it has also shown the whereabouts of another vault. After Hyperion had a close eye on the operations going down with Atlas, the Crimson Lance and the original Vault hunters they decide to move in and go on the hunt for the vault lead by the tyrannous Handsome Jack. Invited by Jack the new vault hunters (Axton, Maya, Salvador and Zero) you soon realise you are being led into a trap and escape into the plains of Pandora on a epic 50+ hour adventure to stop Jack opening the vault and allow Pandora to be at peace for longer than five minutes.
    Lots of old characters return as well as many new faces, a loot chest full of side quests and an epic storyline full of unexpected twists, turns and heart wrenching moments.
    Borderlands 2 is a must buy for fans of the series and as good a place as any to pick up the game and start if you haven't played the first. A real GOTY contender
  50. Sep 19, 2012
    I just need to score this game to level out the number of poor reviews. This game is incredible and anyone who scores this less then an 8 doesn't know fun when it shoots a hole through there face. An absolute must by!

By the way, this game contains one of the greatest intro videos of all time.
  51. Sep 18, 2012
    borderlands 2 is a amazing game that truly keeps me entertained. I cant stop playing this game because I love it so much if I had to be reborn I would want to be bord in this sick game.
  52. Sep 19, 2012
    There isn't much to say about this game. It is truly fantastic and improves on the original in every way. Any fan of the original would be doing themselves a great disservice if they chose not to play this game. Actually, the same goes for any gamer. Play this game.
  53. Sep 25, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is one of the best sequels in gaming. Everything is sped up and streamlined and faster. The dialogue is wittier and more abundant. The story is the best improvement. It gives you the narrative that original failed to give. Each of the original Vault Hunters makes an appearance in a fantastic fashion. I've only done on play through with the Gunzerker so I can't speak for theBorderlands 2 is one of the best sequels in gaming. Everything is sped up and streamlined and faster. The dialogue is wittier and more abundant. The story is the best improvement. It gives you the narrative that original failed to give. Each of the original Vault Hunters makes an appearance in a fantastic fashion. I've only done on play through with the Gunzerker so I can't speak for the other three character classes but I can say my experience with the combat was still awesome and fast paced. It's easy to get lost in the shoot and loot as well as the numerous skills options to customize you character. Overall Borderlands 2 is a highly addicting game and I highly recommend it! Expand
  54. Sep 20, 2012
    I missed all of the press / advertisements of the first game and had it recommended to me from a friend. Once I picked it up, I fell in love with the game....sure it had its quirks but I enjoyed it immensely. I would give Borderlands 1 a 8.5 or 9, so with that in mind I can't understand how some people who loved the first game, or gave it a high score and either gave it a worse or evenI missed all of the press / advertisements of the first game and had it recommended to me from a friend. Once I picked it up, I fell in love with the game....sure it had its quirks but I enjoyed it immensely. I would give Borderlands 1 a 8.5 or 9, so with that in mind I can't understand how some people who loved the first game, or gave it a high score and either gave it a worse or even review compared to the 1st Borderlands. This game improves upon every single area that I had gripes with in the first one, I love the sound from the vehicles, I love the differences between the gun manufacturers, I am lvl 18 currently and there are people whom I've seen that are a much lower than myself that have weapons with a certain style that I haven't ever seen before at all, which I thing is wonderful.

The most impressive thing, is that this game is HARD. I could play the first game with maybe dying 3-5 times through the main storyline....I think I've died 3-5 times at the character selection screen. Some may not like it, but I find it so refreshing.

Best game I've ever played
  55. Sep 21, 2012
    neilsmif1980 is clearly a troll, since borderlands has an autosave that would prevent "starting from the beginning like he claims this bug did" so grats, troll was trolling. Anyway, the game is awesome, improved gameplay and co-op from the first (split-screen co-op woot woot). If you liked the original there's no way you don't like this
  56. Sep 26, 2012
    This game is definitely better than the original Borderlands in terms of interface and how it looks and how it works. And I definitely like the new characters, but I think I'll be missing Mordecai as a playable character. There are more guns, better graphics, addicting gameplay and fantastic voice acting. It is definitely funnier than the original, thanks mostly to Handsome Jack andThis game is definitely better than the original Borderlands in terms of interface and how it looks and how it works. And I definitely like the new characters, but I think I'll be missing Mordecai as a playable character. There are more guns, better graphics, addicting gameplay and fantastic voice acting. It is definitely funnier than the original, thanks mostly to Handsome Jack and Claptrap, but in general, it has improved by far from the original. Expand
  57. Sep 27, 2012
    Great game even better than the 1st love the charectars, story and humor. The side quests kept me interested for hours. old favourites make a fantastic return and gameplay has been vastly improved as well. I tilt my hat (if i had one)
  58. Sep 27, 2012
    Masterpiece! A review written after 70 hours of game play and completion of normal mode...
    Recently, FPS have become a bore, and Rpg's have taken a wrong turn. Borderlands 2 takes the best of two old worlds gone sour, and makes them sweet again! Seriously.

I literally have to start with commending: A bad ass intro! it will bring a tier to an artists eye, and motivate even the most unlikely of gamers.

Controls: Let's talk about the core mechanics of this gem, and how it translates from your sweating palms, too your watering eyes. The controls are slick (on the 360), I never felt so comfortable with a games controls, especially a FPS. I get the feeling that I'm 100% in control, and no mistakes will be made unless they were my own.

FPS Mechanics: In my opinion, it's a very realistic shooter, and this topic deserves some recognition. The reticules and kickback on almost every weapon feel as realistic as any COD game, but have a chance to be further interesting through RPG elements such as; getting an SMG which improves accuracy (shrinks reticule) while shooting. I can't express how much flavor this adds to a FPS. Every weapon feels different even if it's comparing two of the same weapons types, such as two assault rifles. When adding a wacky element like shooting explosive shots from an assault rifle, the mechanics adapt to a realistic feel such as; reloading time increases as the character is stuffing explosive ammo into the gun, or a delay in the burst, or a spread in the reticule. No matter how ridiculous the weapon modification may sound, the game adjusts to realism through mechanics. I commend the FPS mechanics and adore the RPG elements. A perfect and seamless blend that should not go UN-noticed!

Art Style: WOW! simply wow! it speaks for itself, but my favorite part is that you journey around the color wheel, with environments dedicated to colors. Blue ice-lands, waterfalls, & dams. Orange & yellow dry lands / deserts. Green toxic swamps, and highlands. Purple Errideum lands, red volcanic finally! I truly appreciate the beauty of the color wheel in this game! Story: Story telling is important in games! The best part about this game is that it doesn't try to hard to be professional, but it delivers a rich heartfelt story that grabs you and sucks you in. I remember every aspect of plot, story telling, and the characters which delivered them. It's an emotional roller coaster of feelings which has you on the edge of your seat and almost falling off it! A good game will leave you feeling love for the characters, upset or angry at times, and wanting to reap vengeance, which will carry you through. That's exactly what this game is, and does! Some people actually gave this game a bad review, because they were emotionally broken or depressed with some of the story outcomes. That's Brilliant! I personally am left wanting to relive the experience even after completing the game. Some games like Halo: (not trying to bash, but making a point) I got lost in the story because every detail had a detail and the game tried to hard to cover to much professional explanation, and I got bored / fed-up with it. In BL2, everything has a purpose, but doesn't rabble on and on about it. Simple, to the point, and very rewarding. Sequel: This game is the definition of what makes a true sequel! If you played borderlands 1, you will not only be rewarded in game, but your soul will be rewarded through relationships and story telling references. A lot of the NPC's from borderlands 1 have made an appearance here, and they even talk / reference stories from borderlands 1. You don't need to play BL1 to understand what's happening (unlike the mass effect series (which is a great thing!)) However, you will appreciate and love the characters that much more! And possibly even want to go back and revisit the first game! This is a true sequel, and brilliant marketing system for the franchise.

Questing: I HATE mindless questing for petty rewards... Optional side missions, are just as rewarding as the main story, and this is why story telling in games is so important to me. They literally suck you into wanting to know what happens in a minor side quest. You build a relationship with characters which become meaningful to you, and curiosity pushes you into finding out what happens. The reward is the outcome of the side plot (and often hilarious), and as a bonus you get a sweet ass weapon and some exp! Game designers really should look to borderlands as a base mesh of what makes a good game!

Re-playability: Don't fix what's not broken! Borderlands 2 kept what was working well, and made it better! All the classes feel unique and deserve a full play through. with 100+ hours of amazing game play PER-character. your looking at a 400+ hour game with guaranteed amazing DLC already in production. You got yourself the best re-playable game of the decade (and that is an understatement!)
  59. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 Is totally a game of the year contender.This game has so many improvemennts over the first Bordlands,with it's Awesome graphics,story and lets not forget the Funny adult Humor that the series is known for.also the amount of weapons in Borderlands 2 is mind blowing.Borderlands 2 is awesome just like the first Borderlands was as well.A must buy.this Game get's a perfect 10 from me.
  60. Sep 25, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the funnest games of the years.

There's a lot from borderlands that has been mostly unaltered in the sequel. Thankfully though, they've improved on enough, and added just enough to make this a worthy purchase. The gameplay itself is mostly unchanged, save for a few additions. The shooting is frantic and fast passed alone, but throw 3 other players into the fold,
    Quite possibly one of the funnest games of the years.

The gameplay itself is mostly unchanged, save for a few additions. The shooting is frantic and fast passed alone, but throw 3 other players into the fold, and enjoy as pure chaos ensues. The 4, soon to be 5, different character classes all play well with each other strengths, and the skill trees have been reworked to give much greater customization. Borderland's 'Bazillion' of guns are even 'Bazillionder', as the box says, with the inclusion of a new element 'slag'. The variety of grenades, shields, class mods, ect. have all been greatly improved on as well.

The story in the first Borderlands was almost completely forgettable, but it has received a lot more work this time around. Well written and humorous, the cast of bizarre characters and settings offers a quirky, interesting story throughout. The side quests may get dry from time to time, but the excellent voice work and unique characters will keep you listening to every line of dialog regardless.

In terms of pure quality, the graphics are fairly lacking. However, the insane, cell shaded style keep it a pleasure to look at, and the chaos during battles offer plenty of eye candy. Get enough chaos going at one time however, and there will be some drop in the frame rate. This doesn't happen too often though, and isn't always too consequential.

Borderlands 2 is definitely an worthy purchase, and with at least 4 more dlc packs on the way, I look forward to playing this game for a good long while. If you haven't yet gotten your hands on this game yet, I would strongly recommend it.
  61. Sep 19, 2012
    So far (7 hours in) I can say this is everything I loved from the first installment with a few new tricks all wrapped up in a shiny new package. There are some issues with texture pop in on occasion and getting stuck in the environment. But these are far outweighed by the greatness of the overall experience of this amazing game!
  62. Sep 22, 2012
    This is a great game and a huge improvement over the original borderlands. Don't listen to the 3-5 hour in reviews, the quests and enemies get better as you go
  63. Sep 21, 2012
    Amazing game, I enjoyed Borderlands 1 but number 2 is a giant leap ahead. Great story and awesome game play. I don't understand the negative comments. Nothing wrong with this game!
  64. Sep 18, 2012
    Brilliant!Far superior in every way than its predecessor,though vehicles remain under utilised.The narrative is so much better this time around that I rarely felt lonesome during solo play.The writing is superb and consistently laugh out loud funny and even occasionally surprisingly touching.Whilst the games major claim to fame is the millions(sorry,Bazillions) of guns,once again 99% areBrilliant!Far superior in every way than its predecessor,though vehicles remain under utilised.The narrative is so much better this time around that I rarely felt lonesome during solo play.The writing is superb and consistently laugh out loud funny and even occasionally surprisingly touching.Whilst the games major claim to fame is the millions(sorry,Bazillions) of guns,once again 99% are useless,which is unfortunately expected and necessary in this type of looter,so I can't complain there.It also makes that one great weapon find so so excellent...The four(soon to be five) classes with their various skins and Abilities are great,though ZerO and Axton are much better for solo play,but that could well be because of my particular playstyle.Nevertheless,especially since its it been a quiet year for decent games,this is a must have title. Expand
  65. Sep 19, 2012
    If you had any reservations that this sequel would not live up to the predecessor than don't worry ... this game is improved in both game-play/weapons/abilities and also story. Having loved my previous trip to Pandora I was excited to return and this game improves upon what they built last time, one of the best Co-Op games of all time. To play this game by yourself is fun but it also takesIf you had any reservations that this sequel would not live up to the predecessor than don't worry ... this game is improved in both game-play/weapons/abilities and also story. Having loved my previous trip to Pandora I was excited to return and this game improves upon what they built last time, one of the best Co-Op games of all time. To play this game by yourself is fun but it also takes away from the heart and soul of this game which is running around with your friends and looting, exploring and raiding the lands of Pandora. Truly a great game by Gearbox and a AAA franchise up there with the other elite titles out there today. Expand
  66. Sep 18, 2012
    Outstanding game, it really improves upon the first game. In all areas, large or small, this is a truly superior game. Not to badmouth the very good original game.
  67. Sep 19, 2012
    Incredible game. Everything is upgraded and smoother. My only nitpick so far is ladders, frustrating. Kudos to all involved for a great game. Keep iot up.
  68. Sep 19, 2012
    Great game! Everything from the first game has been significantly improved, and new exciting features have been added as well! The campaign is simply epic and even better with a friend.
  69. Sep 19, 2012
    Probably one of the best games i have ever played. Loot heavy isnt the word for it , and the guns you get are CRAZY cool looking. The special effect of the weapons ever even cooler ranging from a pistol that shoots sticky like explosives to a grenade upgrade that when thrown it slits into 5, 500 plus grenades. Only thing stopping me from giving it a ten is i wish they gave you moreProbably one of the best games i have ever played. Loot heavy isnt the word for it , and the guns you get are CRAZY cool looking. The special effect of the weapons ever even cooler ranging from a pistol that shoots sticky like explosives to a grenade upgrade that when thrown it slits into 5, 500 plus grenades. Only thing stopping me from giving it a ten is i wish they gave you more creative control over the characters. You do get to change there heads and outfits but obtaining certain items in game but id rather full control , other then that , perfect game . ( lets just hope the ending is better in this then in the first ) Expand
  70. Sep 20, 2012
  71. Oct 3, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an amazing game. The writing is so much better than the first one. The only down side I can see of this game is you need to play with your friends, because if you don't the game becomes a, 'go here kill this guy, collect these things bring them back, here is a gun that's not as good as the one that just dropped from that guy, repeat', with your friends Borderlands 2Borderlands 2 is an amazing game. The writing is so much better than the first one. The only down side I can see of this game is you need to play with your friends, because if you don't the game becomes a, 'go here kill this guy, collect these things bring them back, here is a gun that's not as good as the one that just dropped from that guy, repeat', with your friends Borderlands 2 explodes into craziness. With more people playing the enemies become harder and more abundant and with more enemies that are difficult comes better loot drops. Plus there is nothing like trying to shoot a marauder that is hiding behind a barricade and your buddy the siren uses phaselocks him out of cover for you so you can get that critical head-shot. Also Tiny Tina is an awesome character go find her and do all of her quests. Expand
  72. Oct 4, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was an interesting and fun experience. I played the first and just knew I had to have the next. I was not dissapointed. But my eyes were also opened to some errors. The story itself was actually pretty interesting this time around and the end of the game is worth the experience. (you also get more than some dollars from tannis as in the first game). All of the side quests areBorderlands 2 was an interesting and fun experience. I played the first and just knew I had to have the next. I was not dissapointed. But my eyes were also opened to some errors. The story itself was actually pretty interesting this time around and the end of the game is worth the experience. (you also get more than some dollars from tannis as in the first game). All of the side quests are interesting and rewarding. New enemy types help get the game away from the very few types in the first. Sure youll still find yourself with our psycho friends a lot of the time, but even they have some new friends. Badass enemies feel more frequent, talent trees are perfectly laid out, and the co op is fun, but sometimes not rewarding. Playing with anybody that isnt your friend is impossible, but with a friend it can still be an amazing co op experience. The only problem with co op is there isnt any strategy. That shouldnt be what people come to Borderlands 2 for but the co op acclaim can be misleading to few. What im saying is the co op can be a blast with friends, but the fights wont be too challenging. Borderlands 2 is a shoot and loot not an in depth challenging tactical rpg. Expand
  73. Nov 9, 2012
    did not disappoint, great game. played several of the characters all the way to 50. wish there was more of the amazing orange guns but if you want a game you can pick up and get your moneys worth out of a game this is it.
  74. Sep 26, 2012
    I just finished my second play through of Borderlands 2 and thought i should give my opinion.
    This game is really really fun, if your playing alone or with friends the tight shooter gameplay and the loot driven system really makes you want to come back and play more, although this game does have some issues most of them have to do with the bosses, almost every boss is this game felt a little bit to easy during my solo play through (i was the commando) mostly i would throw my turret down and shoot for 10 seconds and win. but then I started playing with friends which increased the difficulty and made it much more fun, basically this game is a 9/10 when solo and 10/10 with 3-4 people.
  75. Oct 1, 2012
    This is a humorous and thoughtful addition to the Borderlands series. Guns and baddies get bigger, better and more powerful. Some familiar faces help along the way, along with some new personalities. The graphics were that same almost-cartoon-like design that I greatly enjoyed in the first game. Overall, the game was very good.

My few complaints that kept this game from a 10/10 from my

My few complaints that kept this game from a 10/10 from my personal opinion. 1) I found Zer0's skill-tree to be incredibly disappointing. I'm replaying as Maya and already on level 10 I'm much happier. Going from Mordecai with Bloodwing to Zero and some nearly worthless 5 second decoy that was used more for escaping than flanking... was disappointing. Most of his skill points did exactly the same thing as the badass tokens. 2) I felt that the original characters had massive personality changes from 1 to 2. I was personally annoyed over this, but it doesn't really ruin the gameplay.
  76. Oct 6, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an awesome game. I didn't play the first game and still understood the whole story of this game. I completed the main story quest by myself and it was good but i can't help thinking it would be better playing through it co-op, so i would recommend playing through with friends. Overall this game is excellent.
  77. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Developer: Gearbox software Publisher: 2k Games Age Rating: 18 Platforms: Xbox 360, playstation 3, PC Review platform: Xbox 360 Welcome to Pandora. The bad-ass planet that is now under Hyperion, yet more importantly Handsome Jacks authority. You can take control over one of four even more handsome vault hunters: Maya, Zero, Axton or Salvador, each with their own unique abilities. You are on Pandora for some good old fashioned looting when you get mixed up in the crimson raiders struggle against Handsome Jack, meeting familiar faces along the way (of course Claptrap). Expect one hell of a ride.

For the Full Revew as it wont all fit in this window head over to -
  78. Sep 18, 2012
    borderlands 2 is published by 2k games and developed by gearbox. one thing im specially told about this game borderlands 2 is awesome.
    borderlands 2 start with a great hand down cinematic story.Characters from the previous game initiate events that cause the planet to spit out precious minerals. Like any good story.The most significant change Borderlands 2 can boast over its predecessor is a cohesive plot that actually hangs together reasonably well and drives the story missions forward at a decent pace.The other big change in Borderlands 2 comes in the game's playable class structure. The melee-enhanced Berserker has been replaced this time around by a "Gunzerker" class that can briefly dual wield any two weapons, making for some enjoyably over the top combinations (I particularly enjoyed simultaneously using a shotgun in one hand and a rocket launcher in the other, which I can't recall ever doing in a first-person shooter). I also enjoyed the new Assassin class, which comes with the extremely useful ability to escape with the aid of a temporary decoy, and can use skill tree upgrades that make him a quality melee attacker.
    noow the time to tell something about graphics last borderlands using cell shaded engine which mean everything like cartoonist now the game using unreal engine 3.every thing in the game is design very well and work on more then 60 frame per second on xbox 360 and normal pc.if u like the review plz comment about this review thanks.
  79. Sep 18, 2012
    Pretty great with bros. The setting and characters are much better this round. The gameplay is LOADS better, with all that indepth customization and stuff.
  80. Sep 30, 2012
    I made a 8 minute review for the Xbox360 version of BL2 and I am certain that I am the only person in the world so far that has made a review for the game and gotten every achievement which made me play in other ways no one else played the game and finding various bugs and different ways to play the game.

Heres the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrja37eBRX4
  81. Sep 19, 2012
    With all the improvements of the game that solved all of the issues I had with Borderlands 1, and considering that this game is not certaintly a recycled copy of the previous title unlike most other titles (*cough* MW3 *cough*), so I was initially pleased that this game was a more give than take kind of game, and It truly is: More skills are more unique to each class (and more beneficial),With all the improvements of the game that solved all of the issues I had with Borderlands 1, and considering that this game is not certaintly a recycled copy of the previous title unlike most other titles (*cough* MW3 *cough*), so I was initially pleased that this game was a more give than take kind of game, and It truly is: More skills are more unique to each class (and more beneficial), the badass rank pertains to EACH USER, and not each player, which is worthwhile for any class you make, as well as the challenges you get. The minimap is a lot more helpful in locating your waypoint, enemies and shops, and more rpg elements have been added to the limited RPG element of this RPS game from the previous title. This is one of the few Sequels that actually pertains to making it worthwhile in almost every aspect, almost, that is. There are some issues I have with this game, pertaining to the new graphics engine introduced in the game. While they have solved the issue with the pickup of items crowding the space on your field of view, the whole graphics engine feels quite too clumped with even more enemies, effects and objects. Although, this is a good and bad thing, and can be resolved if your eyesight can manage the over-the-top violence. But, the new menu system is an improvement from borderlands 1 especially with the split-screen play, but the gun stats will constantly get in the way of how much ammo you have, so you have to constantly screen your eyesight quickly enough to get a gist of the ammo you have. And, the ammo. Not to say this a problem, it is an improvement over how much you can get and how much is available, but I still have a problem with identfiying what ammo pack resolves to which. the ammunition in Borderlands 1 was much easier to identify, but nonetheless it isn't much of a big issue. The big new addition to borderlands is the favorites/trash option, which allows you to easily identify which guns you can use, and which guns you don't want. also, you can sell all items that you've identified as trash, which is really innovative considering the time it would take to sell each item individually. Eridium is a cool innovation, and has improved how easy it would take for you to allocate all the Ammo SDU's/Backpack SDU's, and is also important for the storyline. Borderlands 2 also takes some cues from their previous expansion packs, which also brakes away from the tedium that is Borderlands 1. Also, waypoints to locations you need to go will also show on the fast travel network, which is also a plus. Skill COMS will show additions to skills you need, rather than having to remember from scrolling between inventory and skill set in Borderlands 1. Money has been toned down to become more necessary and not as infinite as in Borderlands 1, and you pick up money and ammo automatically when dropped from creeps. You can find personal customization items for your character and your vehicles, as well as plenty of them being available at the start of the game (also, you can get a custom item from having played borderlands 1!). Most importantly, the open-world has been more opened from borderlands 1, with more vibrant, unique and dynamic landscapes with some more worthwhile bossfights and storylines, not to mention the easter eggs. This really helps, considering the side missions in borderlands 1 were like the generic cliche MMORPG-esque missions and the world was more like a snake trail with huge bulges in between. Overall, Borderlands 2 has some few issues that can be easily ignored by all the improvements and the greatly overall better effort produced by Gearbox, and I'm proud to say that this game was worth the money I got, considering I got a lot of bonus coupons off on it! Expand
  82. Sep 18, 2012
    After spending an evening with Borderlands 2,I can feel confident enough to make a fair assessment of this game. Borderlands 1 encapsulated me; it look over my life and had me to where I wanted to do nothing but loot skag poo and treasures chests for golden loot. Borderlands 2 is still basically the same game, but involves a more complex leveling up system and "Eridium", Pandora'sAfter spending an evening with Borderlands 2,I can feel confident enough to make a fair assessment of this game. Borderlands 1 encapsulated me; it look over my life and had me to where I wanted to do nothing but loot skag poo and treasures chests for golden loot. Borderlands 2 is still basically the same game, but involves a more complex leveling up system and "Eridium", Pandora's new-found element needed to carry more ammo, more backpack slots, and all that crap. I still enjoy this game, but it really just doesn't capture me as much as the first one. I absolutely DESPISE Zero's power as well; completely useless! Expand
  83. Sep 19, 2012
    I was an avid Borderlands player, beat it Legitimately, quite a few times. After playing it over and over I was one who ended up modding backpack etc just so I would have storage, even made guns that were pretty legit as well. Why because there were elements in the first one missing. So When i herd they were releasing a sequel I was excited and kept close watch on the subject. Now II was an avid Borderlands player, beat it Legitimately, quite a few times. After playing it over and over I was one who ended up modding backpack etc just so I would have storage, even made guns that were pretty legit as well. Why because there were elements in the first one missing. So When i herd they were releasing a sequel I was excited and kept close watch on the subject. Now I didn't get to pre order or anything like that I just went and bought the game Yesterday which was the 18th of September, also the US Release Date. I was very pleased with the graphics and feel of the game much more "Open Space" like promised. The one thing that got me was the so called millions of guns and customizations. Someone correct me if im wrong and that wasn't said. And or Im not far enough along yet. I haven't seen many guns and when playing with other players there instantly picked up. I do wish there was set loot for your guy and not just an all out button mash extravaganza to get everything that drops. All in all so far an amazing game I gave it an 8 cause im still not to happy about the gun customization. Expand
  84. Feb 19, 2013
    Overall, this game is a reboot of Borderlands 1 with some gameplay tweaks to make the game harder and the Vault Hunters more vulnerable. With its focus on being a "badass," Borderlands 2 lost the charm that the original Borderlands had. Perhaps this is the way of catering to the next generation. The addition of Crawmerax-style bosses after the fight was nice. But the inclusion ofOverall, this game is a reboot of Borderlands 1 with some gameplay tweaks to make the game harder and the Vault Hunters more vulnerable. With its focus on being a "badass," Borderlands 2 lost the charm that the original Borderlands had. Perhaps this is the way of catering to the next generation. The addition of Crawmerax-style bosses after the fight was nice. But the inclusion of hundreds of other vaults kind of sucked the wind out of the game, and the DLCs so far haven't helped any. Expand
  85. Oct 30, 2012
    I have played many hours of this game and can honestly say it is fantastic!!! After all this time since playing Borderlands I forgot just how awesome it was until I played this fantastic upgrade from the original. This game is hilarious and the game play is still fantastic. If this game didn't seem like a complete copy of the original I'd give it a perfect 10.
  86. Oct 25, 2012
    More of the same but still a great game. The hilarious characters with excellent writing and flawless voice acting brings the world of Pandora to life and exploring the new locations is a good time. The gameplay remains the same as it's predecessor, gunplay is satisfying and trying out new guns is always a joy. It's in the overall structure of the missions I think the game falters a bit,More of the same but still a great game. The hilarious characters with excellent writing and flawless voice acting brings the world of Pandora to life and exploring the new locations is a good time. The gameplay remains the same as it's predecessor, gunplay is satisfying and trying out new guns is always a joy. It's in the overall structure of the missions I think the game falters a bit, like the original, it's just tedious back and forth doing boring tasks and to many side quests feels like chores. And the boss fights are annoying and badly designed.

Better then the original? Yes in every way, but it still remains very similar to it. So if you didn't like the first game, you'll probably wont like Borderlands 2. But if you did, you'll have a great time, and make sure you bring some friends!
  87. Mar 25, 2013
    Pretty much the same as the previous Borderlands, with almost nothing new. I just found it interesting when people like squeals to be the same while they expect something different and they'll say "this is not the same game!" or "why it's the same s*** again!" (commonly heard in COD reviews)
  88. Oct 27, 2012
    Borderlands 2 does a great job of building off of the success of the first game in nearly every way. In terms of graphics, you're not getting anything too new here, however the fine details and new customization skins really add flair, allowing users to personalize their adventure even more. The greatest thing about this series, is there is ALWAYS something to do - even if by chance youBorderlands 2 does a great job of building off of the success of the first game in nearly every way. In terms of graphics, you're not getting anything too new here, however the fine details and new customization skins really add flair, allowing users to personalize their adventure even more. The greatest thing about this series, is there is ALWAYS something to do - even if by chance you complete all of the side quests, there's plenty of fun to be had in roaming Pandora and exploring new things. Expand
  89. Oct 30, 2012
    This will probably be the best game released by a major studio, that isn't a huge franchise (Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed), this year. That's hugely significant, and yet Borderlands 2 surpasses any and all expectations that come with that.

The game has a fantastic hook- basically Diablo with guns. That's a very interesting concept on paper, but when actually applied, is even better than you can imagine. You're constantly looking for better stuff, swapping and trading to completely arm yourself against the masses of enemies on Pandora. And trust me, you'll need it. Along with the guns, you have 4 (5 if you preordered or bought it) to choose from.

Along with that, the story is good. You're tasked with bringing down Handsome Jack, a tyrant who has Pandora in his grasp. This time it's not some lame, thrown together mess, like the first one. Rather than that, this story is compelling, emotional, and just good as a whole. Also, the game has stunning graphics. Even on a console they look vibrant, and I've seen it on PC as well. They're astonishing. The cel-shaded look really brings a slick, sugary layer to the violence that goes on in the game.

Overall, this game has almost no flaws that I can think of. Therefore, a perfect score. 10/10
  90. Nov 25, 2012
    It's an upgrade from BL1 plain a simple. What people don't seem to understand is that you don't play it once and that's it. It's meant to be played at least 2 times to reach max level and start play through 2.5. Your first time playing you might get to around level 35 or so before you beat the game. Your second play through starts True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM. Everything is scaled in theIt's an upgrade from BL1 plain a simple. What people don't seem to understand is that you don't play it once and that's it. It's meant to be played at least 2 times to reach max level and start play through 2.5. Your first time playing you might get to around level 35 or so before you beat the game. Your second play through starts True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM. Everything is scaled in the beginning to your level and enemies are of course harder, you keep your weapons and gear from your previous play as well. Once you've beaten the game the second time that triggers play through 2.5, where pretty much everything is max level for that related monster or NPC and will drop the best possible level gear. Expand
  91. Feb 5, 2013
    This game is so good awesome gameplay the co-op is so much fun and there is so much content me and my friend are trying to do everything we have like 75 hours and we still have like 70 missions left even the villain is good but the story is just ok but you dont play it for story but anyways get this game
  92. May 22, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a huge success. I didn't play the first one but heard and saw enough of the second one for me to be interested. I have to say, I thought it was a great game. Of course no game is perfect and it has its blemishes, like this game. But overall you play a incredibly well produced balanced game with a huge amount of depth.
  93. Apr 23, 2013
    There is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless daysThere is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless days into leveling my assassin since day one to where I am, as well as digging into other characters. I would give this game infinity/10 if I could, but I can't, so I'll give it 10/10. Live long Zero!!!! Expand
  94. Aug 19, 2013
    A unique take on the FPS, it greatly improves upon it's predecessor with tons of gut/ns, glory, and EXPLOSIONS!

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  95. Apr 29, 2014
    Just became a memeber and just want to say borderlands 2 goty year edition
    Is awsome and amazing having so much fun playing with family and friends
    If you havent played it what you watin for enjoy
  96. Dec 16, 2014
    this is one of the best games of this generation uniuque conicept until destiny bascally stole its ideas funny characters like claptrap and borderlands 2 is one of the best and most uniuqe game of last gen
  97. Dec 10, 2012
    I've been really astounded by how much the devs of this title have been able to blend shooter elements and RPG elements, overall making it an RPG. The idea is stunning and the game turns out to be stunning as well.
  98. Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't play the first one but that's okay because this game rules. That's a well spent 65 bucks right here. Fun, funny, enjoyable, thrilling and awe-inspiring. Yeah, man
  99. Oct 22, 2012
    Love this game in all aspects. Great Story,Sound, Graphics and Game-play. Must own for any Borderlands, BioSchock or end of the world fans. Looking forward to all additional DLC. 10/10
  100. Nov 9, 2012
    My brother originally picked this title up because he and I love co-op games, and BL2 had well-reviewed co-op play. In this respect, and many others, it did not disappoint. Although there are occasional glitches, gameplay is generally smooth and very fun. The incredible variety of weapons and customization throughout really adds to the game, and there's just the right proportion ofMy brother originally picked this title up because he and I love co-op games, and BL2 had well-reviewed co-op play. In this respect, and many others, it did not disappoint. Although there are occasional glitches, gameplay is generally smooth and very fun. The incredible variety of weapons and customization throughout really adds to the game, and there's just the right proportion of humor to gameplay. Definitely a great buy, especially if you're looking for a game to play with someone else. Collapse

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.