8.2

1. Sep 21, 2012
    Improves on the first game in almost every way imaginable. Borderlands 2 is winner and starts off the fall season of triple A titles. Unless you're going through a very excessive playthrough it's near impossible to run out of things to do. Side missions continually pop up and are always a joy to run through, earning you more guns, supplies, and various loot. The games all about the loot, no two items are ever the same thanks to a new randomly generating loot and gun system, and the variety in weapons is at the top of the mountain; no other game comes near it. It's graphically appealing and prettier this time around. Environments are much more luscious and varied than it's predecessor. My only complaints are that the story is often predictable yet very enjoyable, and some missions get tedious as there's much backtracking to be done. Overall though Borderlands 2 is a must own for any gamer, it has the best of everything, great RPG elements, it's a solid FPS, and the game is hysterical. Expand
  2. Sep 21, 2012
    Amazing game, I enjoyed Borderlands 1 but number 2 is a giant leap ahead. Great story and awesome game play. I don't understand the negative comments. Nothing wrong with this game!
  3. Sep 21, 2012
    neilsmif1980 is clearly a troll, since borderlands has an autosave that would prevent "starting from the beginning like he claims this bug did" so grats, troll was trolling. Anyway, the game is awesome, improved gameplay and co-op from the first (split-screen co-op woot woot). If you liked the original there's no way you don't like this
  4. Sep 21, 2012
    Finally a game this year actually worth spending the time to play. This year has been struggling so far. If you remotely liked the first BL, you will LOVE this one. SO FUNNY and addicting.... even my wife is laughing because of the dialogue and she hates watching me play.
  5. Sep 21, 2012
    Co-op experiences do not get any better than this folks, Borderlands 2 is a fun and cool game, it's as simple as that, it doesn't have a deep story or deep characters but it sets out to make you laugh and enjoy yourself and it accomplishes just that, hats off to Gearbox.
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    The Best advice I can give you people interested in the game is buy it NOW! Why should you buy it now? well the critics love it that should be a good enough indicator.
  7. Sep 20, 2012
    I missed all of the press / advertisements of the first game and had it recommended to me from a friend. Once I picked it up, I fell in love with the game....sure it had its quirks but I enjoyed it immensely. I would give Borderlands 1 a 8.5 or 9, so with that in mind I can't understand how some people who loved the first game, or gave it a high score and either gave it a worse or even review compared to the 1st Borderlands. This game improves upon every single area that I had gripes with in the first one, I love the sound from the vehicles, I love the differences between the gun manufacturers, I am lvl 18 currently and there are people whom I've seen that are a much lower than myself that have weapons with a certain style that I haven't ever seen before at all, which I thing is wonderful.

The most impressive thing, is that this game is HARD. I could play the first game with maybe dying 3-5 times through the main storyline....I think I've died 3-5 times at the character selection screen. Some may not like it, but I find it so refreshing.

Best game I've ever played
  8. Sep 20, 2012
    MUCH better than Borderlands 1 (which is a great game)... I've only played for about 3 1/2 hours but I can tell you the game runs smooth with great graphics, great gameplay, and really good voice acting.
  9. Sep 20, 2012
    Great game. Took everything that was strong in the first game and refined areas that needed improvement. It's a beautiful game too. The graphics are beautiful. I don't know what this type of animation is but it looks good. Great color. The sound design is great. Story. Weapons. Levelling up. I think you have to understand that its not a super linear, you have to go this way now, now you have to go that way, you cant go back there because you've already been there type game. It's open world demands some exploration. You're always looking for cash and "loot" (ammo, grenades, more weapons, shields, etc). That can feel slow, kind of like RPG's can be sometimes. It's a solid, polished, massive game. Too many positive things to list. Out of a hundred games there are usually only a few that are the "stand outs" this is one of them. I've read some critiques that suggest it's too much like the last game. I guess they should have skipped this one and waited for the "next" Call of Duty, because those are always different from its predecessor right? I'm enjoying the game, I think you will to. Expand
  10. Sep 20, 2012
    Borderlands 2 feels exactly the way a sequel should - lots of little improvements, not too many big changes, and the sense that the baton was simply passed from the original to the successor.

I played the first game for over 1,000 hours, completing both playthroughs on all 4 characters and most of the challenges as well. Even just 10 hours into my BL2 playtime, I'm still remarking at
    each new discovery "that's EXACTLY what I was missing in the first game". Improved game mechanics, better use of challenges & goals, easier progression - it's all exactly what Dr. Zed ordered.

You SHOULD ABSOLUTELY buy this game and not stop playing it for any reason...
  11. Sep 19, 2012
    Incredible game. Everything is upgraded and smoother. My only nitpick so far is ladders, frustrating. Kudos to all involved for a great game. Keep iot up.
  12. Sep 19, 2012
    So far (7 hours in) I can say this is everything I loved from the first installment with a few new tricks all wrapped up in a shiny new package. There are some issues with texture pop in on occasion and getting stuck in the environment. But these are far outweighed by the greatness of the overall experience of this amazing game!
  13. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a great game. It is much prettier, funnier, and it is also more fun than the first game. I really liked Borderlands 1, and it was even more fun when playing with a friend. However, I have only played the second entry in the franchise by myself so far, and it is still more fun than co-op in the first game. I can't wait to play it with friends. There is a lot more variety regarding weapons, enemies, and locales. The first game was desert, desert, and more desert. Borderlands 2, however, starts off on a snowy glacier, and changes up the sites often enough to keep things feeling fresh and interesting. I was actually worried that the game would not live up to my hopes, but it really has. Great purchase, was not expecting to give it a 10. Just a side note, there is no day one dlc, but if you pre-ordered, you get the Mechromancer class for free when it comes out on I believe October 18, but you will not get early access. Also, if you pre-ordered and got the golden key for the rare random weapon chest, I would suggest saving it until you are a very high level to get the most out of it. And last thing, I found that removing the auto-aim option really made the gameplay exciting, it becomes too repetitive when you can just press the trigger to automatically aim at a target (in my opinion anyway). Overall great purchase! Expand
  14. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 Is totally a game of the year contender.This game has so many improvemennts over the first Bordlands,with it's Awesome graphics,story and lets not forget the Funny adult Humor that the series is known for.also the amount of weapons in Borderlands 2 is mind blowing.Borderlands 2 is awesome just like the first Borderlands was as well.A must buy.this Game get's a perfect 10 from me.
  15. Sep 19, 2012
    Definitely the best gaming experience to come out so far in 2012. Many improvements over the previous game, and runs beautifully. I highly recommend this game.
  16. Sep 19, 2012
    I just need to score this game to level out the number of poor reviews. This game is incredible and anyone who scores this less then an 8 doesn't know fun when it shoots a hole through there face. An absolute must by!

By the way, this game contains one of the greatest intro videos of all time.
  17. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is nothing short of a fantastic game, below you will see the good and bad of the game. The good: -Borderlands 2 graphics are fun to look at and beautiful. -You're put into the action right away. -The game-play is fun and challenging -The writing is hysterical and extremely well done. -Loading times are fast -Each character feels unique and the talent trees are very well done.
    -Every mission feels like it is important in some way, there are few tedious quests.
    -More guns
    -Plenty of character customization
    -Clap-trap
    -The bad-ass ranking is a nice replacement to proficiecies
    -Co-op local and on-line is fun
    -Although the re-spawn animation is a cinematic, it moves along so fast that it is hardly noticeable
    -Seeing many familiar faces(and fighting along-side some of them) is a nice way to connect the two games while still keeping it fresh
    The bad: -There a couple missions that you must run all the way around the map, through enemies much lower leveled than you, that can be annoying
    -A couple small technical glitches(i feel through one of the boats)
    -The inventory is very limited and you'll need to drop quite a few guns before you finally get to a bank
    -There are some difficulty spikes a bit through-out the game, but these really only lead to more trips to the new-u station and a little less money in your pocket

While the is not perfect by any means, but it gives the player one hell of a ride and i have to say, i can't wait for the dlc for this game
  18. Sep 19, 2012
    I loved Borderlands 1 and spent at least 150 hours playing it, mainly single player and some recently with friends. So this review is through those eyes. This game is everything Borderlands was plus more. The world is detailed and the NPC interaction and movement is way better really giving life to the world and story. I have seen a lot more creative quests than in the first one and each gun manufacturer and type feel a lot different.. The writing is funny and even the enemy movement is funny and awesome. I cannot help but smile while I am playing it because it is so much fun, I cannot wait to dump 200+ hours in this game in single player and with friends. If you want to knitpick about graphic popins and crap you can probably find things but this is a world to be explored, loot to be tried and sold and hilarity around every corner, There is no perfect game but this one is well worth the $60 over and over and easily my most favorite game ever. so screw you it is a 10! Expand
  19. Sep 19, 2012
    There isn't much to say about this game. It is truly fantastic and improves on the original in every way. Any fan of the original would be doing themselves a great disservice if they chose not to play this game. Actually, the same goes for any gamer. Play this game.
  20. Sep 19, 2012
    The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing, character skill trees are improved, friends can select quests in co-op games rather than having to tell the "party leader" to do it, the new enemies are well designed, you can now dismember baddies, you can now tag items in your inventory as "trash" or "favorite" so you remember what to sell next time at the vending machine, you can now directly trade with people, you automatically pick up money and ammo (but thankfully not loot) and combat is more organic (enemies take cover, flank you, dodge attacks).

So what's the negatives? The new menus are clunky and difficult to parse, missions still consist of mostly "shoot that" or "find this," driving mechanics are about the same (though thankfully you don't take damage from hitting enemies as much), level design can be really confusing at times even with the new HUD mini map and sometimes there's simply too much dialogue happening simultaneously. For example if you're playing co-op the first big town you get to is a total cluster as multiple characters are introducing themselves cutting off the others dialogue. I find myself saying, "what is going on?" much more regularly during this game than BL1. That said, these are only minor complaints and the additions far outweigh the handful of small issues. In short, if you loved the first BL stop reading this review and go pick up the sequel!.
  21. Sep 19, 2012
    If you had any reservations that this sequel would not live up to the predecessor than don't worry ... this game is improved in both game-play/weapons/abilities and also story. Having loved my previous trip to Pandora I was excited to return and this game improves upon what they built last time, one of the best Co-Op games of all time. To play this game by yourself is fun but it also takes away from the heart and soul of this game which is running around with your friends and looting, exploring and raiding the lands of Pandora. Truly a great game by Gearbox and a AAA franchise up there with the other elite titles out there today. Expand
  22. Sep 19, 2012
    Probably one of the best games i have ever played. Loot heavy isnt the word for it , and the guns you get are CRAZY cool looking. The special effect of the weapons ever even cooler ranging from a pistol that shoots sticky like explosives to a grenade upgrade that when thrown it slits into 5, 500 plus grenades. Only thing stopping me from giving it a ten is i wish they gave you more creative control over the characters. You do get to change there heads and outfits but obtaining certain items in game but id rather full control , other then that , perfect game . ( lets just hope the ending is better in this then in the first ) Expand
  23. Sep 19, 2012
    Great game! Everything from the first game has been significantly improved, and new exciting features have been added as well! The campaign is simply epic and even better with a friend.
  24. Sep 18, 2012
    Outstanding game, it really improves upon the first game. In all areas, large or small, this is a truly superior game. Not to badmouth the very good original game.
  25. Sep 18, 2012
    this game is one for the fans it keeps the feel of the original and adds a whole lot. there is more humor blood gore and a whole lot of loot to be had in the believable world of pandora. other reviewers have complained about texture pop in but i installed the game and have noticed pop in only once in about 5 hours of game time. this game is truly a master piece.
  26. Sep 18, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is definitely a step up from the original. Without a doubt it is my personal favorite game I have played in my entire lifetime. While there is not a ton new features, and there definitely is many of them, it has at least triple of everything good that was in Borderlands. And do not read any of those negative reviews. Those are by Call of Duty fans that do not know what a real video game is. Expand
  27. Sep 18, 2012
    Not many games learn from their mistakes, this one does, and does an excellent job at it, an improvement in almost every way, definitely worth getting if you didn't like the first one, and an even better choice if you liked the first one!
  28. Sep 18, 2012
    borderlands 2 is a amazing game that truly keeps me entertained. I cant stop playing this game because I love it so much if I had to be reborn I would want to be bord in this sick game.
  29. Sep 18, 2012
    Brilliant!Far superior in every way than its predecessor,though vehicles remain under utilised.The narrative is so much better this time around that I rarely felt lonesome during solo play.The writing is superb and consistently laugh out loud funny and even occasionally surprisingly touching.Whilst the games major claim to fame is the millions(sorry,Bazillions) of guns,once again 99% are useless,which is unfortunately expected and necessary in this type of looter,so I can't complain there.It also makes that one great weapon find so so excellent...The four(soon to be five) classes with their various skins and Abilities are great,though ZerO and Axton are much better for solo play,but that could well be because of my particular playstyle.Nevertheless,especially since its it been a quiet year for decent games,this is a must have title. Expand
  30. Sep 18, 2012
    Pretty great with bros. The setting and characters are much better this round. The gameplay is LOADS better, with all that indepth customization and stuff.
  31. Sep 18, 2012
  32. Sep 18, 2012
    borderlands 2 is published by 2k games and developed by gearbox. one thing im specially told about this game borderlands 2 is awesome.
    borderlands 2 start with a great hand down cinematic story.Characters from the previous game initiate events that cause the planet to spit out precious minerals. Like any good story.The most significant change Borderlands 2 can boast over its predecessor
    is a cohesive plot that actually hangs together reasonably well and drives the story missions forward at a decent pace.The other big change in Borderlands 2 comes in the game's playable class structure. The melee-enhanced Berserker has been replaced this time around by a "Gunzerker" class that can briefly dual wield any two weapons, making for some enjoyably over the top combinations (I particularly enjoyed simultaneously using a shotgun in one hand and a rocket launcher in the other, which I can't recall ever doing in a first-person shooter). I also enjoyed the new Assassin class, which comes with the extremely useful ability to escape with the aid of a temporary decoy, and can use skill tree upgrades that make him a quality melee attacker.
    noow the time to tell something about graphics last borderlands using cell shaded engine which mean everything like cartoonist now the game using unreal engine 3.every thing in the game is design very well and work on more then 60 frame per second on xbox 360 and normal pc.if u like the review plz comment about this review thanks.
  33. Sep 18, 2012
    Another amazing game in a truly outstanding series, borderlands 2 keeps the familiarity, gameplay and humour of the first game, but it improves on everything. An awesome narrative with some of the most creative and best writing iv'e seen in a video game, filled with the great borderlands humour that we have all grow to love. For a modern shooter it really stands out from the crown with solid and enjoyable mechanics, along with unique the shoot-n-loot mechanic, which has also been vastly improved since the last game, also the skill tree's vary much more, allowing three unique paths for each character. There is no doubt that playing it solo is a great time, but this game truly shines when playing with friends, the co-op experience is no doubt the best iv'e ever had. There is absolutely nothing to complain about when it comes to this game, it achieves everything it has set out to do and improved on it in almost every way since borderlands 1. it is a great game, made by gamers, for gamers, which is why it deserves a perfect 10/10 Collapse
  34. Sep 18, 2012

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.