8.2

1. Dec 16, 2014
    this is one of the best games of this generation uniuque conicept until destiny bascally stole its ideas funny characters like claptrap and borderlands 2 is one of the best and most uniuqe game of last gen
  2. Oct 31, 2014
    Loot gathering gone even more insane, Borderlands 2 adds way more variety to the shields, grenades, class mods, and elements. The storyline has been greatly improved and the skill trees are even more mental. I loved playing through the game, the first time.
    2K has unfortunately ruined this games second play through (True Vault hunter mode) if you are choosing to go it alone. The difficulty ramp up is manageable in the general areas, but the boss fights are no longer any sort of fun. 2K, this game has lost the replay-ability that made the first one of my favourite games. In spite of all the upgrades, this franchise has taken a step back for me.
    A great game that if you have lots of friends who can play, enjoy. If you like to go it alone, not quite as good as the first.
  3. Aug 18, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game to play with friends. Collecting loot is as fun as ever, and the story is hilarious the whole time. It is just as good, if not better, than it's predecessor.
  4. Aug 5, 2014
    I was having fun for the first two levels then after that, the enemies started to become WAY TO OP!!!! I spent two hours trying to save the bird for a claptrap upgrade. I get spawn killed every time, I can't believe that I wasted $20 on crap that boring. The weapons were ok but way to weak. The is the most unbalanced game I've ever played, It's so stupid how I face level 20s while still aI was having fun for the first two levels then after that, the enemies started to become WAY TO OP!!!! I spent two hours trying to save the bird for a claptrap upgrade. I get spawn killed every time, I can't believe that I wasted $20 on crap that boring. The weapons were ok but way to weak. The is the most unbalanced game I've ever played, It's so stupid how I face level 20s while still a 15. It sounds little but it is a HUGE gap! It should be that the enemies are THE EXACT level as you for a good balance. This game deserves more than 0 but it's made by 2k which they are corrupted. The only thing I find entertaining out of this game is jack. Expand
  5. Jul 23, 2014
    I've sunk around 800 hours over 2 years into BL2. I just finished off all of the dlc and have finally had my fill. This is a game designed to be replayed over and over and provides so much gameplay/shooting for the price it.
  6. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each playerBorderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each player but shared making getting one of the BAZILLION new guns hard when not playing with a friend. Never the less, this is a great game I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun enjoyable time. Expand
  7. May 31, 2014
    This game will always be my favorite because of how good the 4 player co-op is. If you want a game were you can sit back have a couple of laughs and play with some friends this is the perfect game. The characters, witty dialog, map, guns, loot, and gameplay are just some of the things that make this game great. It takes everything from the original and makes it better like all sequelsThis game will always be my favorite because of how good the 4 player co-op is. If you want a game were you can sit back have a couple of laughs and play with some friends this is the perfect game. The characters, witty dialog, map, guns, loot, and gameplay are just some of the things that make this game great. It takes everything from the original and makes it better like all sequels should and it make you want to play more. The best way to experience this game is with some friends. Definitely the best game to come out in 2012 and i cant wait for borderlands the pre-sequel . Expand
  8. May 17, 2014
    This game is great !! first one was good and it's just better !! exploration, missions, fu**** sick guns, insane shooting action, cool graphics, funny characters, etc.

buy it if you dont have it

can't wait for the next one
  9. May 10, 2014
    I have put almost 300 hours into this game. It is really one of the most re-playable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The story is much better than the first, and the characters seem much more relatable and "real". On top of that, the game is hilarious. All the classes serve a specific role and are mostly pretty balanced and fun to play. However, there are a few minorI have put almost 300 hours into this game. It is really one of the most re-playable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The story is much better than the first, and the characters seem much more relatable and "real". On top of that, the game is hilarious. All the classes serve a specific role and are mostly pretty balanced and fun to play. However, there are a few minor annoyances that prevent the game from a perfect score.

However, there have always been a few problems with this game that stem directly from the gameplay.

First of all, about 15-20% of the weapons are completely useless. Not even considering rarity. All of the shotguns SUCK except for legendaries and one type that improves accuracy as you shoot (like Moxxi's Heartbreaker). 99% of the needle guns are useless. The sledge ball guns are awful. Meanwhile, find a plasma caster of the same level and rarity, and you can literally rape everything with little to no effort. The weapons are horribly unbalanced sometimes.

The Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is also annoying to play. It isn't hard as much as it feels cheap. You can get downed, barely get a revival off of a nearby enemy, but only to get taken down to 5% of your health immediately and go down again. It is very frustrating and really only feels cheap instead of challenging. I have always felt that the second-wind system could be improved much more than it is. (Also, waiting a full half minute to respawn compared to the original is annoying)

The baddass rank system sucks as well. It basically maxes out at +10% to all your stats, which requires at least a couple hundred hours of playing. 10% to all your stats isn't really anything. Turning it off is honestly negligible. The old weapon proficiency system was much better and rewarding.

The game has a low framerate too, in places such as Murderlin's temple I would go below twenties. That is shameful on a 360.

And not being able to redeem gold keys without xbox live gold? That's **** stupid.

Regardless, the game is awesome and everyone who likes shooters and RPG's should play this one.
  10. Apr 29, 2014
    Just became a memeber and just want to say borderlands 2 goty year edition
    Is awsome and amazing having so much fun playing with family and friends
    If you havent played it what you watin for enjoy
  11. Apr 19, 2014
    BL is hands down my all time favorite series (I love the cel-shaded visual style and the mashing of FPS+RPG). BL2's storyline is much more engaging than BL1.The second installment has even more humor than the first, with more quirky characters. I'm playing as Maya, the siren. The skill trees in BL2 have more to choose from than BL1 and they even added skin/head color/style choices for yourBL is hands down my all time favorite series (I love the cel-shaded visual style and the mashing of FPS+RPG). BL2's storyline is much more engaging than BL1.The second installment has even more humor than the first, with more quirky characters. I'm playing as Maya, the siren. The skill trees in BL2 have more to choose from than BL1 and they even added skin/head color/style choices for your character. The maps for different areas of Pandora spread out more than BL1, so there are even more creatures and bandits to score loot from.
    The side missions are just as humorous and aid in gaining experience. Without the side missions, it gets a little tough to run through the main story line as a single player. Luckily my bf can easily join my game and help me out if I don't feel like spending some time leveling up with side missions. I haven't completed the entire game with Maya, but I do plan to play all 4 main characters. That's how awesome this game is. I can't get enough.
  12. Mar 18, 2014
    Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place.Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place. Plenty of side quests and DLC to keep you playing for days. Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them withBorderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them with corrosive damage, electrocute them, and so much more. The voice acting is probably the strangest thing, although there is no direct curse words in here, there are so many vulgar references, funny for adults and older teens, but probably not a good thing for youngins. Definitely a great game, no doubt. Expand
  14. Mar 2, 2014
    First person shooter, levelling up system, bosses, classes, loot- Diablo with guns.

Pros: Funny story. Imaginative. Great enimies. Great cell shaded graphics. Highly addictive. Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN. Amazing levelling tree. Chaotic and fun. Challenging. Great length of about 40 hrs+. S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats. Claptrap, and other characters

Pros:
    Funny story.
    Imaginative.
    Great enimies.
    Great cell shaded graphics.
    Highly addictive.
    Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN.
    Amazing levelling tree.
    Chaotic and fun.
    Challenging.
    Great length of about 40 hrs+.
    S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats.
    Claptrap, and other characters are well voiced and written.

Cons:
    Not really fun as single player, basically once you go to multi, being single seems boring.
    Vehicles needed more use.
  15. Feb 20, 2014
    If I where stuck in a room, with only one game to play forever, it would be Borderlands 2. After 18 months of playing this game, and still not tiring from it at all, I can easily say this is the best game ever made. Can wait to do it all again when it comes out on the PlayStation Vita.
  16. Feb 16, 2014
    Very fun to play with friends, and a cast of interesting characters to enjoy. but the gameplay feels very bland at times.

One of the things I liked in the first Borderlands was the option to select a type of gun rather than just choosing the newest gun you have that has higher stats. I'd prefer rifles over sub machine guns so even if I found a subgun that was technically better than the rifles I would have, I'd still manage with a rifle instead. In ramping up everything, it feels like Gearbox tweaked the engine to the point that regardless of what the gun is, (sniper rifle, submachine gun, pistol) or who makes the gun, all of it becomes a mute point to the stats.

This change made me feel like I was in an impossible spiral of downgrading my guns for technically better ones I didn't like to use. Even though they were better, statistically, they still felt like I had to consistently switch my loadout every level or so just to keep up with the exponential difficulty curve. The guns company brand and types became increasingly irrelevant with a slight exception to be made for elemental effect specialties.

Another criticism I have, that is largely irrelevant to the target audience Borderlands 2 serves, is that you are basically just a tag-along as far as the story is concerned. Borderlands 2 isn't your story, it's the players' from the first Borderlands story. Old characters make a reappearance as NPCs, and once they arrive then you become little more than an assistant to their direction. The game doesn't make the player feel like they're the focus of the story, with characters talking more to each other and themselves than you or your party.

All that said, the game is still fun to play with friends of a similar level. The strong focus on outright statistics in the game mechanics makes it very easy to balance and adjust for parties. Easy to recommended to fans of Borderlands and anyone who wants a colorful or different shooter to contrast with the realistic modern style FPS games out there, but not one to suggest to a friend who is looking for depth or someone not familiar with gaming in general.
  17. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  18. Jan 29, 2014
    If you liked the first game, you'll surely like this second one. While the characters seem less thought-out than the first installment, they're still quite likable and interactive. Obscene remarks seem to have been turned down a notch? Which was a bit of a disappointment for me since I really liked the abrasive humor of the first game, but I got over that I guess. Everything is generallyIf you liked the first game, you'll surely like this second one. While the characters seem less thought-out than the first installment, they're still quite likable and interactive. Obscene remarks seem to have been turned down a notch? Which was a bit of a disappointment for me since I really liked the abrasive humor of the first game, but I got over that I guess. Everything is generally improved upon since the first game otherwise. Awesome DLCs. I met a few of the execs for this project during a party; really awesome people who worked their butts off to make this game what it is. Expand
  19. Jan 12, 2014
    I loved this game, it had a great campaign and playing online was just amazing, the DLC is really good if you loved the campaign as much as I did and want to play more ! :) (I have played more than 3 days all up on it)
  20. Jan 11, 2014
    Here's why I don't suck this game's d*** like everyone else:
    1. The game isn't really fun unless you have friends to play co-op with, otherwise you'll be left doing missions and gathering loot all by yourself.
    Here's why I don't suck this game's d*** like everyone else:
    2. Areas you've cleared will respawn them again seconds after you leave the region, making clearing them out pointless, except for the thrill of killing them to kill them yet again.
    3. The cartoony graphics get old.
    4. Using 100 different variations of basically the same gun gets very old.
    5. The game revolves around getting loot.
    Pros:
    1. It actually has a somewhat entertaining story.
    2. The landscape is beautiful.
    3. The guns look nice.
  21. Jan 2, 2014
    Very fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping isVery fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping is much more difficult as the cross-hairs is very wobbly. The last one is that this game is pretty much made solely for co-op. It's not that you cannot enjoy this game on your own, but it is clearly intended to be play with another person. I had a great time playing with my friend but when he left (we're both married), it was difficult to continue on without him. My wife couldn't really get into the game either so I've been stuck in a limbo on playing it. Also, because the assault rifles aren't great and the sniping is annoying, it is hard for me to choose a character. It also seems like the character's special abilities are pretty lame compared to the previous characters (I really miss Mordecai's Bloodwing). But this is still a great game and I plan on convincing my wife to give it another try! One last thing, if you have played the previous Borderlands, there are tons of jokes in this one for you. Enjoy! Expand
  22. Dec 31, 2013
    Improves in every way possible over the first, but for some reason I didn't like it as much. Maybe it just felt too familiar? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was just too much. I still enjoyed it a lot though, just not as much.

Borderlands 2 gets an 8.4/10
  23. Nov 27, 2013
    A slow moving story, underpowered weapons, terrible split screen co-op, and unbalanced combat seals the nail in the coffin for this poorly executed video game.
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a shameless loot grind.

Sorry... let me rephrase that.

Borderlands 2 is an extremely fun shameless loot grind, with great humor, wonderful cooperative play, tons of exploration, and wall sphincters.
  25. Nov 24, 2013
    Uber,Superb, Addicting, Brutal and Flashy. Who doesn't want to see hostile midgets that run after you with their axes get shredded in damage of fire and explosives? What about giant behemoth super badasses smashing down on your last percentage of health and in that brink of the moment you have to survive and switch out to your rocket launcher that shoots like 20 missiles of shock bolts?Uber,Superb, Addicting, Brutal and Flashy. Who doesn't want to see hostile midgets that run after you with their axes get shredded in damage of fire and explosives? What about giant behemoth super badasses smashing down on your last percentage of health and in that brink of the moment you have to survive and switch out to your rocket launcher that shoots like 20 missiles of shock bolts? What about duel wielding two automatic explosive elemental snipers that makes you feel like a raining wave of destructive only to be met with the same force of agression by the smart A.Is? This game is a must have for the addictive nature of its FPS smoothness. IT FEELS GREAT KILLING THE CHALLENGES OF PANDORA.

But that's the thing. Borderlands 2 CHALLENGES you to play smart or rage quit and try again at the first and second playthrough of the game. Some of the bosses are just brain melting that I needed to take a rest from because I wanted to beat them so bad but I couldn't because most of the times it is just unfair because you don't have the right weapons or there are just damage insta killers that are frustratingly hard to avoid. SO just take your time, pull out some of your hair from your scalp. respawn and try again

The humor is flat out funny and constant throughout the game with the special uber characters that give you awesomely well down side-quest. It doesn't feel like a chore anymorike in the first borderlands. Side-quest are a thing that makes you want to play the game even more. Most of the side-quest are even leads to the hundreds of well down easter eggs. THe dialog is priceless and fits into the game and story-line perfectly like children and candy.

The villian. Handsome Jack is probably the best or even the most epic bastard villians in my gaming experiences. You just want to straggle him until his eyes pop out because his the evil done so well that messes with you so very damn good. Example? I think his like the GLaDOS (Portal series) of Borderlands 2. Always teasing you and joking at you while you try to survive the thousands of enemies and wild lide tht he casually sends at your friends and you.

THe story is very well done and emotionally driven towards the end game even with all of the silliness, it's very serious. So grab a couple of friends and play this majestic game together in divine perfection.. Though it could of been better.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is improved greatly from its predecessor. The collecting loot is addicting and the multiplayer is very fun. This game is a must have for coop buddies or couples. 9/10
  27. Nov 7, 2013
    Borderlands 2, how do I put it, it was okay. I never really got into playing it mainly because, I did not expect it to be cartoon based, the in game tutorials went on too long, I absolutely hated the Scags, and I did not find the multiplayer very enjoyable. I probably wont buy another game from the Borderlands series.
  28. Oct 19, 2013
    This game started out fun but became a boring, chore-like slog to me about 1/3 of the way through. I became bored so I started playing co-op instead. Co-op sucks in public because people just run through the levels not taking time at all and forcing the game play, skipping things, etc.

None of my friends play this game so I quickly became bored, stopped playing, and uninstalled. I didn't really like the whole satanic vibe that the game has. This might be a strange thing to point out, but it something about the game felt evil and corrupting. Uninstalled from my Xbox.
  29. Oct 6, 2013
    borderlands 2 is tonnes and tonnes of content millions of guns, millions of shields and areas and enemies. There are 4 unique characters out of the box and 2 more available via DLC that provides a different and exciting way to play through the campaign. The DLC of the game adds even more content to an already 60-70 plus hour game. The shooting is much tighter than the first game and theborderlands 2 is tonnes and tonnes of content millions of guns, millions of shields and areas and enemies. There are 4 unique characters out of the box and 2 more available via DLC that provides a different and exciting way to play through the campaign. The DLC of the game adds even more content to an already 60-70 plus hour game. The shooting is much tighter than the first game and the graphics are greatly improved over the first game to make the environments and the enemies a treat to look at. the weapons are the star of the show however and there is always a new gun to use or a new shield to equip. the loot is handled well and the game also plays brilliantly with co-op. the story is not something the game is known for but i did enjoy the narrative of the game and handsome jack was a great villain.

this game is one of the best of the generation in my opinion for a fun based co-op shooter with plenty of content, great shooting, tonnes of loot and a funny cast of characters.
  30. Sep 29, 2013
    Compared to the first borderlands this game is a bad joke. The leveling of the weapons is so broken now that it is not funny..... A 500% damage increase on weapons from lvl 30-40 means you are constantly changing them out not because you want to but because you have to...... The way they limited the most desirable weapon mods to Legendary super rare was equally annoying.....
    It was also a
    It was also a lot buggier than the first one.
    Overall the game is a piece of garbage not worth playing. It is also building for a Borderlands online......
  31. Aug 19, 2013
    A unique take on the FPS, it greatly improves upon it's predecessor with tons of gut/ns, glory, and EXPLOSIONS!

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  32. Aug 18, 2013
    I was skeptical at first,but when I got into it i was so Astonished.This game is one of the best Comic type games,i love the 4 Co play that's a rare feature in split screen not many games do that they require connection or going on line well i don't do that,i'm more of a single player.This is a good game to [buy]
  33. Aug 17, 2013
    A game that plays on being a complete badass and the fun aspect of modern fps games. With an interesting world to explore, fun and addictive gameplay. With very memorable characters and over 1 bajillion guns and easter eggs to keep you on your feet as a vault hunter.
  34. Aug 16, 2013
    Having been a fan of the 1st game and its DLC (save for Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot), I had high anticipations for the 2nd entry. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. The four new Vault Hunters (six if you include the 2 DLC characters) each have different abilities and skills, making each playthrough feel different. If there's one complaint I have with the first game, it's that theHaving been a fan of the 1st game and its DLC (save for Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot), I had high anticipations for the 2nd entry. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. The four new Vault Hunters (six if you include the 2 DLC characters) each have different abilities and skills, making each playthrough feel different. If there's one complaint I have with the first game, it's that the weapons all appear the same. Not in this game. Each of the 8 gun manufacturers have different shapes and designs for their guns, and the millions of guns in this game all look and feel different. You'll rarely see the same gun twice. Enemy variety is varied in the first Borderlands and even more so in this version, with a lot of returning enemies as well as several new varieties, each with different weaknesses and attacks. There's also an even wider variety of missions to undergo, everything from fetch quests to bizarre requests. But where this game really shines is in 4-player co-op. Like the first game, the game gets harder with more players, but hte loot enemies drop is much better. Everything is improved over the original, which was already a success. However, the DLC has been sub-par at best. But that hardly puts a dent in the overall enjoyment you'll get from this game. Any FPS or RPG fan will enjoy this game. Expand
  35. Aug 13, 2013
    I got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in laterI got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in later playthroughs. right now i'm on my 9th playthrough and i still have fun playing through this game. I enjoy this and this is my go to game when i just wanna go and find a good time to play in. Expand
  36. Jul 26, 2013
    I have played through this game about 1.5 times. It is an absolute masterpiece of gaming. Great characters, rewarding loot, and infinite weapon combos. Do not doubt buying this game. One of the best fps/RPGs of this generation.
  37. Jul 15, 2013
    Borderlands 1 es el mejor en todo, ambientacion, musica, personajes, humor, hasta los DLC estan mas trabajados....en una sola palabra lo definiria como: Boredlands 2_saludos
  38. Rem
    Jul 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a step up from the original in every way, but there are technical issues and annoyances that keep it from becoming what it should be. The graphics this time around while similar in style, things are spiced up from the original by showcasing more variety in the environment and scope. The story this time around from the original's bare bones plot becomes one of the mostBorderlands 2 is a step up from the original in every way, but there are technical issues and annoyances that keep it from becoming what it should be. The graphics this time around while similar in style, things are spiced up from the original by showcasing more variety in the environment and scope. The story this time around from the original's bare bones plot becomes one of the most hilarious and interesting ones this year thanks to solid writing an a witty villain. The gameplay is kept from the original but with improvements that make it better. However, the biggest annoyance is the framerate and the fact everything can happen at once. You will find moments where you are being pelted by bullet while listening to a log then a story log cuts in and starts playing all while your shields start bleeping and everything drops to low frames. It can be truly messy and annoying but that does not stop this game from being one of the best I've played in 2012. Expand
  39. Jul 9, 2013
    I was a HUGE fan of the first game. In a review I would have given it 9.75 out of 10. And the bugs would have been the only thing keeping it from being a 10. This game is sub par. The gameplay can be fun at times, but there are regular enemies like Superbad Flame Threshers (i.e. NOT raid bosses) you fight in solo play that put you in FFYL in 1 hit and have more health than you can everI was a HUGE fan of the first game. In a review I would have given it 9.75 out of 10. And the bugs would have been the only thing keeping it from being a 10. This game is sub par. The gameplay can be fun at times, but there are regular enemies like Superbad Flame Threshers (i.e. NOT raid bosses) you fight in solo play that put you in FFYL in 1 hit and have more health than you can ever take, especially considering the FFYL timer is glitched and doesn't reset properly sometimes. I do like what they have done with character design. However having my inventory space cut in half is absolutely not fun at all. Inventory dumping every 5 minutes is terrible and repetitive. There is no ammo regen and the ammo capacities were lowered, making many ammo-hog guns worthless. The guns are kindergarten mockeries of what they were in the original, and several have been glitched to where they don't drop or are completely useless. (Cowboy Cannon) This is a level and loot game, and while they got the leveling right, the loot ruins it. And while everyone seems to rave about the story I have no Idea why. It's longer, not better. I love comedy when it is done right. I am a huge fan of Adult Swim and South Park. They are low-brow but brilliant and funny. This game is not. It tries constantly to be and usually fails. And the story is like some cheap pro-wrestling plot with the villain sneaking up from behind and getting away with dirty cheap tactics all the way till the end. Don't waste money on this sub par game. Go get the original if you haven't played it. If you have, wait till this one drops to the bargain bin. I'm very disappointed in Gearbox. I expected better. Expand
  40. Jul 9, 2013
    Great game. Very fun. Very funny and im glad i tried it. They made this game very well. I cant think of any problem other than the loot being the kind that only spawns once so whoever gets it gets it and no one else (for the guns anyway). Other than that its all good.
  41. Jul 3, 2013
    I really liked the first borderlands (maybe more). had been excited ever since hearing about the release of borderlands 2. defiantly not let down, if you like borderlands you will more than likely love this one also. the only reason I gave it a 7 instead of 10 is because playing solo is VERY hard. the creators have admitted its meant to be played as a team..I like playing alone. If you areI really liked the first borderlands (maybe more). had been excited ever since hearing about the release of borderlands 2. defiantly not let down, if you like borderlands you will more than likely love this one also. the only reason I gave it a 7 instead of 10 is because playing solo is VERY hard. the creators have admitted its meant to be played as a team..I like playing alone. If you are playing alone you will have to get used to responding and losing a lot of money. I played the first one multiple times with multiple characters and rarely died so I don't believe its me. overall would recommend it but just want people to know it will probably be better if you have friends that are willing to play a lot with you. Expand
  42. Jul 2, 2013
    If I had to judge Borderlands 2 after buying full price (59$ at release) I'd given it a heartfelt kick up it a** for being yet another game masquerading minor updates and added storyline as a sequel...
    Had it been a movie, a book, a whatever, then sequel would be a fitting title, but as gamers we demand substantial change when someone asks for a lot of cash from us who loved the first game...

So, I bought it for $5, and that's what it's worth (if you've played the first)....nothing New...
  43. Jun 29, 2013
    In my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines the replayability, and addictiveness of Diablo, with its loot drops and RPG elements, with the gameplay of a Call of Duty game. Pure genius! This game is amazing and the DLCs are superb. If you have not played either games, do yourself a favour and pick upIn my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines the replayability, and addictiveness of Diablo, with its loot drops and RPG elements, with the gameplay of a Call of Duty game. Pure genius! This game is amazing and the DLCs are superb. If you have not played either games, do yourself a favour and pick up Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, which features all 4 DLCs and is packed with hours upon hours upon hours upon hours of great gaming fun. Then, after you have levelled all 4 characters up to 61, you can pick up B2. If you love shooters and are a sucker for loot drops and RPGing, Borderlands 2 will not disappoint. Does anything even come close? Only Borderlands 1. Expand
  44. Jun 28, 2013
    Boring shooter, the only difference from this and an FPS is this map is way bigger and more repetitive. I played this with a friend and it was hard to get through it because it was so boring. The weapons are in no way "cool" or entertaining. The story is the enemies are absurd and the bosses are even more so. You could defiantly skip out on this one
  45. Jun 19, 2013
    Truly great experience the characters were funny the story was great the game is addicting. I played through the story many times and it never gets old, and I will continue to play it through out the summer until GTA 5 comes out.
  46. Jun 5, 2013
    This game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to playThis game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to play such an encompassing game but for adults, it's just fun and chock full. The game inclusions are second to none, a real delight and best overall game I have played on the XBox with every single incorporation. I hope they make a Borderlands 3 on the new XBox One. Such a good game that could be even more creatively added to with more compute power of the newer Xbox One platform. I look forward in wait and anticipation of an even mega Borderlands in the future. Expand
  47. Jun 2, 2013
    Considering duke nukem was garbage; I am not really surprised how bad this game is. Same as the first one. Just new characters and maps. The second and third playthroughs are trash. Randy Pitchford ruined this game. The eneimes are overpowered and the guns are underpowered. Most of the glitches that made this game good are gone. Now one bullet kills you and you lose all of your money. ThisConsidering duke nukem was garbage; I am not really surprised how bad this game is. Same as the first one. Just new characters and maps. The second and third playthroughs are trash. Randy Pitchford ruined this game. The eneimes are overpowered and the guns are underpowered. Most of the glitches that made this game good are gone. Now one bullet kills you and you lose all of your money. This was just a huge disappointment. Expand
  48. May 27, 2013
    This is a super fun and funny game to play by yourself or especially with your friends the endless loot and humour of this game will keep you comming back for more. It plays much like the first with a few tweaks and an actual story behind the mayhem, great game!
  49. DME
    May 26, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plainBorderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plain FUN. You can tell that the developers put a lot of thought and care into the making of the game.

(Disclaimer: I have never played the original Borderlands, so I can't compare the two games. Also, keep in mind, everybody will have a different experience depending on who they play with. Online play with randoms seems disastrous and solo play feels lonely and limited. I played through the game in offline splitscreen mode with a buddy. We only played with each other and neither of us ever played without the other. I do believe this was the best way to experience the game.)
  50. May 22, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a huge success. I didn't play the first one but heard and saw enough of the second one for me to be interested. I have to say, I thought it was a great game. Of course no game is perfect and it has its blemishes, like this game. But overall you play a incredibly well produced balanced game with a huge amount of depth.
  51. May 6, 2013
    Borderlands 2 has a lot of great qualities that make it a great game. It's just disappointing that the small things end up hurting it. The main story takes 15 to 20 hours to beat and you MAY want to replay it. The use of the word may is highlighted, because I didn't feel propelled to take another run through the game. The True Vault Hunter mode basically bumps up the difficulty and left aBorderlands 2 has a lot of great qualities that make it a great game. It's just disappointing that the small things end up hurting it. The main story takes 15 to 20 hours to beat and you MAY want to replay it. The use of the word may is highlighted, because I didn't feel propelled to take another run through the game. The True Vault Hunter mode basically bumps up the difficulty and left a lot to be desired to the point that I just got bored and quit. The randomly generated weapons are seriously cool, but tend to lack character and personality, making a lot of the firearms you'll utilize forgettable. The multiple playthroughs don't feel satisfying and only provides a slightly harder challenge. In the technical department, the game suffers from seriously ugly texture pop-up, probably at the fault of the Unreal Engine. The sound isn't very much to marvel at and the voice acting is pretty inconsistent. The script is pretty well done and I laughed a ton at the ironic humor that they throw in there. The memes and pop culture references are pretty unnecessary though and will probably make the game feel less timeless in the future. The reason I am giving this game a 7 is because of the randomly generated weapons and the humor. It's not to mention that the game is just a joy to play through a couple times, if you feel obligated to. Expand
  52. Apr 30, 2013
    I liked the first game, liked the art design, the humor and gun playing. this game improved from the first one, especially the story-line, which was a joke in the first game. it is also much fun to play co-op with a friend online. however, i just cannot put as much time as i did in the first game, too repetitive overall.
  53. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the originalThis game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the original Borderlands characters with the exception of Salvador and Gaige. Also, there are lots of texture pop-ins which annoy me but it doesn't take away from the game. The story is interesting and I have to give 2K a big thumbs up for Handsome Jack as he is one of the most well scripted villains of 2012! There is also customization in this game with hats and skins for your suit. Overall, this game surpasses Borderlands and is one of the best 'shoot and loot' games of 2012. Expand
  54. Apr 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last fewBorderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last few years. Do not presume this is just Borderlands 1.5, this is a great new visit to Pandora. Expand
  55. Apr 23, 2013
    There is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless daysThere is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless days into leveling my assassin since day one to where I am, as well as digging into other characters. I would give this game infinity/10 if I could, but I can't, so I'll give it 10/10. Live long Zero!!!! Expand
  56. Apr 18, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is little more than Borderlands 1 with new maps and a new story. Little innovation in a formula, that by itself was already unoriginal and somewhat boring. In Borderlands 1, about 2/3 of the game you would be getting tired of the combat, that is always the same from start to finish. Borderlands 2 is more of that. Only now the game is bigger so before you get halfway youBorderlands 2 is little more than Borderlands 1 with new maps and a new story. Little innovation in a formula, that by itself was already unoriginal and somewhat boring. In Borderlands 1, about 2/3 of the game you would be getting tired of the combat, that is always the same from start to finish. Borderlands 2 is more of that. Only now the game is bigger so before you get halfway you will start having that feeling. The gameplay is always the same from start to finish and (surprise!) it gets tiring. Sure it has lots of guns, but can you really call them different? 5 different "effects" to add to weapons, mostly visual, and weapons that change the skins but do mostly the same. Not enough to keep me focused until the end.
    All in all, if you loved the first Borderlands, chances are you will like this one too.
  57. Apr 17, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games so be warned, I might be a bit biased. :)
    I honestly feel that of all my Xbox360 games (and I do have quite a few) this is the one that was the best "investment". As many have said before me, this is exactly what a sequel should be: bigger, better, smoother but still basically the same.
    I have never been disappointed in this game, every time I play it a
    This is one of my favorite games so be warned, I might be a bit biased. :)
    I have never been disappointed in this game, every time I play it a smile appears on my face that won't go away until it's time to go to sleep (I do have to work, sadly). There is a ton of content in this game, the gunplay never gets old and the characters are different enough that you need to approach situations very differently depending which one you use.
    I just wish more of my friends would play it so we could do more co-op. Sadly, they are mostly BF3 fanatics.
  58. Apr 16, 2013
    I gave Borderlands 2 a lot of time, and it unfortunately fast becomes very boring. One of the reasons is the new co op mode. Playing with my limited number of friends online, who have already gotten very far in the game, I was given some level 50 equipment that was used to sell off. I bought so much good stuff and wreaked havoc through the storyline with my level 50 buddies, it then becameI gave Borderlands 2 a lot of time, and it unfortunately fast becomes very boring. One of the reasons is the new co op mode. Playing with my limited number of friends online, who have already gotten very far in the game, I was given some level 50 equipment that was used to sell off. I bought so much good stuff and wreaked havoc through the storyline with my level 50 buddies, it then became a serious chore. That's unfortunate.

Borderlands 1 was excellent, and was played entirely with a buddy of mine split screen co op. Borderlands 2 was exactly the same, and that's not cool, it's being charged twice for the same game.
  59. Apr 14, 2013
    This game makes my peepee hard. Great dialogue, possibly the best villain EVER, and tight controls. I'm not even a fan of FPS, but I loved every second of this game.
  60. Apr 14, 2013
    Compared to the first Borderlands not much has changed in this new instalment. It is a lot more story focused and it is easier to tell which gun belongs to which in game company but otherwise it's the same 4 guys running through the same scrapyards fighting the same mask wearing wierdos. If you really enjoyed the first I can recommend it as it's pretty much the same with a new paint job,Compared to the first Borderlands not much has changed in this new instalment. It is a lot more story focused and it is easier to tell which gun belongs to which in game company but otherwise it's the same 4 guys running through the same scrapyards fighting the same mask wearing wierdos. If you really enjoyed the first I can recommend it as it's pretty much the same with a new paint job, but if you were waiting for a sequel that was bigger and better I'd give it a miss. Expand
  61. Apr 14, 2013
    I loved the first borderlands and now I love the second one. I love collecting loot, especially gun loot that are randomly generated every time. I usually ignore the harder difficulties that some bosses posses and kill them so quick just to find the next awesome loot the perfectly suits my playing style. Yet, when playing in the awesome 4 player co-op, its not so awesome when loot instI loved the first borderlands and now I love the second one. I love collecting loot, especially gun loot that are randomly generated every time. I usually ignore the harder difficulties that some bosses posses and kill them so quick just to find the next awesome loot the perfectly suits my playing style. Yet, when playing in the awesome 4 player co-op, its not so awesome when loot inst shared between everyone! Lets just say, when a gun drops, the whole group will run to that gun and rapidly press X to get the gun first and this is extremely frustrating! Sort this out Gearbox! But, moving away from loot, the storyline is epic. Its hilarious, crazy and just overall amazing. Some lines that characters come out with too are incredible, especially Handsome Jack who persistently taunts you with funny one liners. Bosses and mini-bosses are great, they are all varied with wild names, like Flesh-stick. Some characters are dull, but those dull characters are removed from your skull because of the brilliantly designed characters found in the game, like CL4P-TR4P and Handsome Jack. The characters from the original borderlands also make a return which help you complete your quest to ultimate destiny! Overall, this game is amazing and is probably the best game of 2012, aside from Far Cry 3 of course!

Melson97
  62. Apr 13, 2013
    Played the first Borderlands and found it somewhat enjoyable. Playing BL2 was more of a grind towards the end. The level tree was somewhat tedious, the weapons never really kept up with the levels that you made, and the skill points were pretty much useless. Just a drone of a game, no replay value whatsoever.
  63. Mar 25, 2013
    Pretty much the same as the previous Borderlands, with almost nothing new. I just found it interesting when people like squeals to be the same while they expect something different and they'll say "this is not the same game!" or "why it's the same s*** again!" (commonly heard in COD reviews)
  64. Mar 11, 2013
    One of the funnest games I've played in recent memory. The constant weapon/shield/class mod upgrades, BadAss points, skill tree and character outfit customization make this game very addicting. Online play is superb and very engaging. If you're looking for something to take over your life. This is the game. Highly recommend it.
  65. Mar 10, 2013
    Easily a 10/10, but with no real feel to travel fast kinda gets lame. Takes along time to level up after like level 3, best villain along with far cry 3, Vas. Love the look, great humor loads of guns, loads of explosives, and a good amount of environments. With a good co-op portion to the game making it harder to play and win. Not a variety of characters to play, or change of your ownEasily a 10/10, but with no real feel to travel fast kinda gets lame. Takes along time to level up after like level 3, best villain along with far cry 3, Vas. Love the look, great humor loads of guns, loads of explosives, and a good amount of environments. With a good co-op portion to the game making it harder to play and win. Not a variety of characters to play, or change of your own style. Game-play is a straight 10, fun same thing, maps lovely 10, story uneven 8 to 9. Guns he-he-he you know the drill. One thing the your not as bad-ass like in the first game overall. After a lot of playing though you'll get your self back to bad-ass. Expand
  66. Feb 26, 2013
    A good sequel to the first Borderlands but i feel this game is Overrated to an extent. The new scenery was a nice change from Borderlands 1 and the game having a storyline was a definite plus. However the game got a bit repetitive too quickly, the skill-trees weren't up to much and for a game that prides itself on having a huge amount of guns i ended up with similar ones at most points ofA good sequel to the first Borderlands but i feel this game is Overrated to an extent. The new scenery was a nice change from Borderlands 1 and the game having a storyline was a definite plus. However the game got a bit repetitive too quickly, the skill-trees weren't up to much and for a game that prides itself on having a huge amount of guns i ended up with similar ones at most points of the game. Overall it was an enjoyable experience but one that good have been improved Expand
  67. Feb 21, 2013
    As someone who put countless days into the original, nobody was more excited for this game than I. Borderlands 2, is without a shadow of doubt, a Masterpiece! The nonsensical story of the first game, has been twisted, molded, morphed, and in some areas beaten to work with the new one. Explaining every action taken in the original. The new characters added are unique in their abilities, andAs someone who put countless days into the original, nobody was more excited for this game than I. Borderlands 2, is without a shadow of doubt, a Masterpiece! The nonsensical story of the first game, has been twisted, molded, morphed, and in some areas beaten to work with the new one. Explaining every action taken in the original. The new characters added are unique in their abilities, and personalities. Speaking of characters many from the original return, and have only gotten better with age. New NPCs added fit right in with the desperate wasteland. The majority of the game is spent fighting the Hyperion Corporation from the first game, under their new CEO: Handsome Jack. Amazing writing, and acting make this villain one the best to ever touch a game. The loot system is back, and more varied then before. With each manufacturer having a unique perk to their weapons. The driving has been greatly improved, (Thank God) they even have a few driving missions. The humor in this game is top-notch, even dark humor after dramatic events (Though terrible) still gets a chuckle. Borderlands 2 is a game you can play for months, and not lose interest. Playing with friends in co-op only increase the experience, as enemies become tougher, and more varied with elemental attacks. If you're a fan of the original, buy this game. If you're a fan of shooters, buy this game. If you're a fan of loot, buy this game. If you're a fan of feeling like a badass, buy this game. Expand
  68. Feb 19, 2013
    Overall, this game is a reboot of Borderlands 1 with some gameplay tweaks to make the game harder and the Vault Hunters more vulnerable. With its focus on being a "badass," Borderlands 2 lost the charm that the original Borderlands had. Perhaps this is the way of catering to the next generation. The addition of Crawmerax-style bosses after the fight was nice. But the inclusion ofOverall, this game is a reboot of Borderlands 1 with some gameplay tweaks to make the game harder and the Vault Hunters more vulnerable. With its focus on being a "badass," Borderlands 2 lost the charm that the original Borderlands had. Perhaps this is the way of catering to the next generation. The addition of Crawmerax-style bosses after the fight was nice. But the inclusion of hundreds of other vaults kind of sucked the wind out of the game, and the DLCs so far haven't helped any. Expand
  69. Feb 15, 2013
    Fun game and a massive improvement to the original but some how it just got boring. I don't care about loot so much and grinding to get it is just ridiculous so I cheated tested out all the best and meh is all I can say. If you take the loot out this game suddenly becomes quite dull which is sad because loot shouldn't make a game special.

On top of that they put out two DLC which each

On top of that they put out two DLC which each has the exact same running joke about the guy betraying you. I don't know the joke got old and although the game made me laugh I wouldn't have minded a few serious moments or truly epic moments at least to allow me to enjoy the comical moments more. A game that is a constant joke just isn't funny or fun in the end.
  70. Feb 14, 2013
    Not perfect, but better than the first Borderlands (DLC notwithstanding) Full Review Here http://alloyseven.com/articles/game/item/65-borderlands2review
  71. Feb 6, 2013
    Hooked me in a way the first game never did, this game is fantastic by yourself and even more fun with friends. Plus it has the huge choice of weapons that all fans of the series are looking for. Here's to hoping that the rest of the series is more similar to this game than to the first.
  72. Feb 5, 2013
    This game is so good awesome gameplay the co-op is so much fun and there is so much content me and my friend are trying to do everything we have like 75 hours and we still have like 70 missions left even the villain is good but the story is just ok but you dont play it for story but anyways get this game
  73. Feb 4, 2013
    If this game is a crowd pleaser then I suggest that the crowd has confused fun for addictiveness. The game is loaded with Skinner box techniques designed to keep you playing, but the gameplay itself is weak and poorly designed. The humor is mediocre and the plot is atrocious. This game is much cheaper now, so think about picking it up for 30 bucks, as I did. That price is much more in lineIf this game is a crowd pleaser then I suggest that the crowd has confused fun for addictiveness. The game is loaded with Skinner box techniques designed to keep you playing, but the gameplay itself is weak and poorly designed. The humor is mediocre and the plot is atrocious. This game is much cheaper now, so think about picking it up for 30 bucks, as I did. That price is much more in line with its actual quality. Expand
  74. Jan 26, 2013
    Although the game is better than the first one. I really couldn't get absorbed into the game-world enough to fully enjoy what it had to offer. This is why I will give the game a 7/10
  75. Jan 22, 2013
    In order to like it, you have to appreciate the comedic moments in it, and all the jokes that come with it. Overall, i loved playing it, and I believe that it is quite challenging to tackle alone. You will not get bored easily with that game, and you would want to play it over again more than one time. I do, however, wish that more people could join a game instead of a 4-player co-op.In order to like it, you have to appreciate the comedic moments in it, and all the jokes that come with it. Overall, i loved playing it, and I believe that it is quite challenging to tackle alone. You will not get bored easily with that game, and you would want to play it over again more than one time. I do, however, wish that more people could join a game instead of a 4-player co-op. Or it could be like an MMORPG, where everyone would be in one huge server and roam the area with random people, possibly making friends in the process. Idk, it seems like a good idea... Expand
  76. Jan 19, 2013
    On the surface not much seems to have changed since the original Borderlands. Play this sequel for any length of time however and it soon proves itself to be a superior game. Both the story and script are just that bit sharper and often genuinely funny, the skill system has been expanded (Including a new 'badass rank' which rewards the player with boosts to their stats for completingOn the surface not much seems to have changed since the original Borderlands. Play this sequel for any length of time however and it soon proves itself to be a superior game. Both the story and script are just that bit sharper and often genuinely funny, the skill system has been expanded (Including a new 'badass rank' which rewards the player with boosts to their stats for completing certain challenges) and there are fewer missions that are nothing but glorified fetch quests.

All this and a host of other minor tweaks meant that, while I bored of the first title before seeing it to the end, there was never any danger of me stopping before I saw Borderlands 2 through to its finale. This is co-op gaming at its very best.
  77. Jan 12, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a game that gets just about everything right, including the two most important parts of an Action RPG, the Action and the RPG both of which are superb in this game.

Unlike a lot of games where all the guns only serve as a means to kill the enemy, in Borderlands 2 each type of gun is significantly different to the others to give you reason to choose whether to use the pistol or the sniper, this becomes even more varied with the different weapon manufacturers which gives all the weapons in the game their own unique characteristics. The icing on this cake is the elemental damage a lot of weapons offer, which if used right can make an important difference when killing some of the tougher enemies. All of which is supplemented by the fact the actual game engine is on par with any of the dedicated FPS shooters out there including the current king Call of Duty.

As good as all this is though, on it's own it would soon get boring, and that's where the RPG element comes in, not only do you have a variety of locations to explore, and some rather interesting characters to interact with but like any RPG a leveling system not only serves to improve your characters signature special power but also keeps the game challenging. You will find yourself facing tough enemies any time you enter a new area, really making you work for your kills and XP, but later on when you return to these area you will find yourself levels above the enemies allowing you the godlike satisfaction of mowing them down without breaking a sweat. As you continue through the game this up and down roller-coaster continues making sure the game gives you both a pretty decent challenge but also a whole lot of fun.

So to recap, Borderlands 2 is an awesome game... but wait... it gets better.

Unlike a lot of games where the downloadable content adds very little to the game other than to get more of your money into publisher hands, Borderlands 2 actually delivers DLC that is just as good as the main game, giving you reason to either break from the main story or return to the game.

Perhaps the best bit of Borderlands 2, the developers haven't shoe-horned in Multiplayer modes into it, there is no Team Deathmatch or King of the Hill, no flags to capture or bases to hold, just you and up to 3 other people running round Pandora, shooting and looting and occasionally getting your butts handed to you buy some of the games harder bosses.

This for me is the game of 2012.
  78. Jan 11, 2013
    Let me preface by saying I have played both BL1 and BL2 extensively and played through all available DLC as well. My review will consist of 10 positives and 10 negatives aspects of the game to establish what works and what doesn't.

PROS: 1) Graphics are much improved over BL1. Also very little texture popping or rendering issues. 2) Environments are more varied and colorful. 3)

PROS:
    2) Environments are more varied and colorful.
    3) Good plot with storytelling elements that really add to the game.
    4) UI is much improved and easier to manage inventory and compare items on the fly.
    5) Creative enemies and bosses with back-stories.
    6) Good variety of characters to choose from, each with very different playstyles.
    7) DLC thus far has been fairly solid.
    8) Plenty of side-missions, easter eggs, collectibles, etc to keep players busy.
    9) Addition of bank and secret stash system is very useful.
    10) Generally more refined gameplay experience.

CONS:
    1) No health packs - really punishes players who play aggressively.
    2) Gun upgrade system replacde by bad-ass tokens which are inferior.
    3) Loot drops are EXTREMELY low for rare items.
    4) Solo players are punished for playing solo. 5) New Second Wind system is not fun and repeated Second Winds mean almost instant death.
    6) Gun and other loot feel lackluster.
    7) Level scaling doesn't always make sense. Enemies 5 levels lower can sometimes wreck you.
    8) "Invincible" bosses are frustrating and drop bad loot.
    9) Game is too gun-centric. You will have a very hard time in the upper levels without the rarest guns.
    10) Gearbox is patching things that made the game fun, and not fixing major problems like lost characters saves and lost bad-ass ranks.

So all in all, as an avid player of both games, I would argue that well the game is pretty and the story good, they removed quite a few of the elements from BL1 that made the experience so enjoyable in the first place. I am not saying make the game easier, but the removal of the gun skills from BL1 was a big disappointment to me. I want my character to be a bad-ass that can be stealthy or destroy hordes of enemies. I don't want to be hiding and trying not to die every time I encounter a group of enemies. If I want the game to be hard, let me decide that. I hope maybe some of these things would be taken into consideration for future DLC or the inevitable BL3!
  79. Jan 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four startingI absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four starting characters. They're basically next gen variations of the four main characters from borderlands 1. But the Mechromancer did change that a bit. Overall won of my favorite games of all time and a must buy for anyone with a passion for gaming. Expand
  80. Jan 2, 2013
    I don't know where to start with this review so I'll just start and keep it simple. Borderlands 2 is one of the finest games of the year, it appeals to so many sensitivities in the gamer in all of us. This is a must play for any shooter/rpg fan. One of 2012's must play games, heck one of this console generations must plays.

I've played through twice one in tvh mode and now I'm in for

I've played through twice one in tvh mode and now I'm in for a third. This game is addictive and has tons of replay value, plus more dlc and level cap increase are on the way.

Play this game!!!
  81. Jan 1, 2013
    Everythig about this game says streamlined,professional,ingenious,witty, comical, hilarious, and of course, VIOLENT! I was skeptical starting this game, but now, i can't stop! it's rich storyline, nonsensical characters, intricate gameplay, and of course the millions of weapons available make this a gem to keep you enraptured for a long time.
  82. Dec 27, 2012
    I can't say enough good stuff about this game, but here are a few of the standout items. It's fun to play! The controls are tight, and it's easy to aim/shoot. If you like exploring every twist and turn of an area, looking for hidden goodies or collectibles, you will enjoy this! The colors are vibrant and the graphics are crisp. The missions are engaging and never seem like busy-work. ThereI can't say enough good stuff about this game, but here are a few of the standout items. It's fun to play! The controls are tight, and it's easy to aim/shoot. If you like exploring every twist and turn of an area, looking for hidden goodies or collectibles, you will enjoy this! The colors are vibrant and the graphics are crisp. The missions are engaging and never seem like busy-work. There are a few fetch quests, etc. but they are rare and optional. You can skip side-quests if you want, and just concentrate on the story. Need to level up or at an area that's too tough for you? Jump in a public game, and play a bit with or go do a few side-missions to gain some XP and better guns. The character classes are varied so you should try them all to see which is your favorite. The skill trees make a big difference as well. Once I had enough skill points to fill our a whole tree, it made the character feel completely new! A neat feature is if you beat a "boss" you can revisit the area later, and the boss respawns, rewarding you with big time loot and XP every time you beat him. Not finding rare guns enough? Follow Gearbox on twitter or Facebook as they are giving out "golden keys" which you can use any time to get a level-appropriate rare weapon, shield, etc. Great game, fun to play! Expand
  83. Dec 26, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was a amazing game witch is better than Borderlands 1 (BL1 was a great game). The characters are soo funny and by far Claptrap is the most epic out of all of them. Borderlands 2 has a story to it(BL 1 did not) and in Borderlands 2 the areas are different almost every time with look(another thing BL1 did not have). Playing Solo is great but this game was series is soo popularBorderlands 2 was a amazing game witch is better than Borderlands 1 (BL1 was a great game). The characters are soo funny and by far Claptrap is the most epic out of all of them. Borderlands 2 has a story to it(BL 1 did not) and in Borderlands 2 the areas are different almost every time with look(another thing BL1 did not have). Playing Solo is great but this game was series is soo popular with the CO-OP experience, its better than ever! Handsome Jack the villian has to be the best vilian in a game by far, I mean I hate him, love him, think hes' halerouand so on. The only con to Borderlands 2 is how it kept freezing a lot and glitchs I had with it, but you guys might not be having the trouble. Borderlands is an a game you should buy nw as so as you read this review. Borderlands 2 9.2/10 Expand
  84. Dec 20, 2012
    B2 feels more like a B1 expansion pack with re-skins, a few tweaks and some really annoying gameplay bugs. Games too long for a just a rental, and just not worth the full price.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    TL;DR The better sequel to Borderlands 1, which still doesn't say much.

To start, just know that there is nothing subtle about this game. The dialogue, "humor", anything, everything is basically in your face, for the good and bad. I'll explain that here... To start, the art, guns, gameplay, and characters (personality wise, at least) have definitely been improved over the first.
    TL;DR The better sequel to Borderlands 1, which still doesn't say much.

To start, the art, guns, gameplay, and characters (personality wise, at least) have definitely been improved over the first. However, the game is still a better version of 1 that didn't improve on much of the problems, rather, they've been seemingly masked.

Firstly, there are not a bazillion more guns, there are simply more combos of pre-made guns (modding and making your own is still very fun and an option luckily). You WILL see the same guns more than twice. Second, the feel of the guns is definitely better, but combat is still the same old "going in guns blazing with endless second winds" or "hide and pick them off one by one". The action skills have been vastly improved at least, and are all useful. Third, I might start ranting here, but the story and the dialogue tied to it are...not so good, to say the least. If you like toilet humor and jokes that are forced upon you, then maybe you'll enjoy it, however, don't expect any well thought out humor here. Granted, there are moments anyone can still laugh at, but the humor is still bottom of the barrel and mostly appeals to the demographic of 13 year old boys. The story is also very mediocre and riddled with (bullet) holes. Besides it being a complete reboot of the first (find the vault, oh no bad guys!) , it now has a primary antagonist that belittles and taunts you throughout the WHOLE game. Handsome Jack is simply another mediocre villain, unfortunately, and any potential he had was wasted on his loud-mouthed, arrogant character who taunts the hero nonstop, while never confronting them, quickly becoming a big joke.

The characters also seem really odd. I don't know if you can relate to any of them at all. Like the humor and many, many pop culture references, they suffer from a bad case of "OMG so random and funny!". If I had to pick the biggest offender, it'd be Tiny Tina. Regardless, they all have the combined emotions of a sack of potatoes, and none of them really come off as memorable.

Overall, BL2 is indeed the better successor to the first, but even then, the game is anything but a masterpiece.
  86. Dec 18, 2012
    I realize a 10 essentially means the "perfect" game, and while not perfect I have not had so much fun in a long time with a game. BL2 builds upon the successful aspect of the first game, and fixes much of what was lacking in the first. The classes all now feel more viable, guns are better, the humor is more frequent, it is a very well constructed game. It isn't just a copy paste like manyI realize a 10 essentially means the "perfect" game, and while not perfect I have not had so much fun in a long time with a game. BL2 builds upon the successful aspect of the first game, and fixes much of what was lacking in the first. The classes all now feel more viable, guns are better, the humor is more frequent, it is a very well constructed game. It isn't just a copy paste like many games today. Expand
  87. Dec 10, 2012
    I've been really astounded by how much the devs of this title have been able to blend shooter elements and RPG elements, overall making it an RPG. The idea is stunning and the game turns out to be stunning as well.
  88. Dec 9, 2012
    Just a few words, great enjoyment, gearbox really did do a good job on game play, but the story is sh*t. It has cool bosses, but they aren't exciting and the game is just not a big challenge, you just respawn where you die
  89. Dec 5, 2012
    I have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have aI have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have a four player brawl in Sanctuary would be amazing) but not enough so that it would keep me from playing. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys FPS and loot-based RPGs. Expand
  90. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing. It has a very nice graphics and a wonderful cell shading style to it.
    I like how many guns there are in the game. One thing that is a bit annoying, is that there is no head shots, only critical hits. But you can get over that. I would recommend this game greatly for anyone who were a fan of the previous game .
  91. Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't play the first one but that's okay because this game rules. That's a well spent 65 bucks right here. Fun, funny, enjoyable, thrilling and awe-inspiring. Yeah, man
  92. Dec 3, 2012

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  93. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is truly an upgrade from the first, which was still by far a a gem. Its fluid game play, "Biziliandy guns," and an incredibly memorable cast of characters and humor leaves just about nothing left to be desired. The DLC is also just as profound though quite shorter. If you love the loot mechanics and its FPS style and humor, don miss this game.
  94. Dec 2, 2012
    I liked this game, but not as much as the first even though this is vastly superior. The story and set up is intriguing right from the get go but as soon as you start you realize that its far far more linear. Its really just go do this, bring me that or kill me this many creatures for the first few hours. This isn't always a bad thing because you get a feel a for the game, the controls,I liked this game, but not as much as the first even though this is vastly superior. The story and set up is intriguing right from the get go but as soon as you start you realize that its far far more linear. Its really just go do this, bring me that or kill me this many creatures for the first few hours. This isn't always a bad thing because you get a feel a for the game, the controls, the combat disciplines. The problems start with the difference with side quests and main quests. If you do all the quests you become way too powerful but if you only do main then be prepared to grind bullymongs for a while. Then more problems come with the scaling enemies, oh you like that beautiful piece of kit you just found? Well don't get too attached to it because its gonna be replaced by something twice as better to help you deal with the equal enemies. I know that you level up and gain access to more skills and perks but it really doesn't feel like its getting easier. Boss battles are another gripe, normally grinding beforehand lets you just smack them or hiding and exploiting cover allows you to just ping them down if you're lazy. Everything else is a plus though: the feel and aesthetics of the guns, the difference in companies, the locations, the stories of the characters and the graphics. Unfortunately this doesn't save this game for me from the infuriating mechanics of not feeling like your progressing in terms of strength, the constant replacing and cold detachment to your equipment and weapons and the easy for boss battles. Its good and its a lot of fun to play with friends online or splitscreen but all in all I'd rather play something where feel I feel a bit more connected with the games lore and universe . Expand
  95. Dec 1, 2012
    Excellent game. Once again, we get the silly humor and funny characters that we all enjoy. The weapons are given extra types of stats to help build up the variety. The graphics and animations were given some nice improvements. The multiplayer is fun as hell. However, there are still some negatives. The performance was pretty bad for me, and I have a very high-end PC, but I was able to fixExcellent game. Once again, we get the silly humor and funny characters that we all enjoy. The weapons are given extra types of stats to help build up the variety. The graphics and animations were given some nice improvements. The multiplayer is fun as hell. However, there are still some negatives. The performance was pretty bad for me, and I have a very high-end PC, but I was able to fix this by making a quick config file edit. There's also a lot of parts in the game where enemies are painfully spammed and you end up just mindlessly tossing grenades and spraying bullets until you have a chance of survival. Sometimes the enemy spawns get so repetitive that you might just dash back and forth to objectives without fighting because of the boredom of trying to kill every enemy around you. Otherwise, the game is something worthy enough where almost all types of gamers should play it without delay. Expand
  96. Dec 1, 2012
    Gearbox software is a game developer that has really developed itself over the years. A few mediocre Half-Life expansions, to the infamous Duke Nukem series are a few of the odd titles Gearbox has churned out over its lifespan. Undoubtedly, Borderlands 2 stands out as the crown jewel of Gearbox's vault of games. After sinking about 5 days worth of playtime into this game, only a few minorGearbox software is a game developer that has really developed itself over the years. A few mediocre Half-Life expansions, to the infamous Duke Nukem series are a few of the odd titles Gearbox has churned out over its lifespan. Undoubtedly, Borderlands 2 stands out as the crown jewel of Gearbox's vault of games. After sinking about 5 days worth of playtime into this game, only a few minor complaints are what stand in the way of it being absolutely flawless. Borderlands is a mash-up of two distinct genres, FPS and RPG. The two are blended seamlessly thanks to some truly genius developing on Gearbox's part. Players start at level 1 and shoot/loot their way all the way up to level 50 through a rather hilarious adventure involving many different locations to quest across. Enemies require more thought and skill to take down than the original Borderlands, and it makes for a fun trip that rarely ever feels like it's just another RPG grind. Bosses are challenging but not impossible, and some enemy types are pretty cool. Another part of the experience is a loot system that randomly generates guns, shields, class mods, grenade mods, and relics that scale to the players particular level. Things like damage, fire rate, and recharge speed are all determined based on the level of the item looted. The difficulty and levels of enemies scale nicely to the campaign's pace as well, which is more challenging to make happen than you might think. Gearbox has really created a memorable world here as well. There are only a few characters that I wish had a skip dialogue button, lighting effects are magnificent, and the visuals are generally aesthetically pleasing. Some textures are ridiculously pixelated, but it doesn't really detract from the shootin' and lootin'. There are also many, many pop culture references such as Lord of the Rings and Minecraft just to name a few. On the negative side, the frame rate can be a pretty big issue. The game has a hard time keeping up (especially on the 360) during intense shootouts to downright freezing for a good couple seconds during a double conference call shotgun rampage. Also, prepare to see the "fight for your life" screen quite a bit. You can easily get back up by making a quick kill but you may get frustrated trying to run through enemies, or doing a quest you maybe aren't quite high enough level for. These complaints aside, Borderlands 2 is a game any fan of FPS games or RPG games should buy. I'm still having fun with it far after I hit the level cap on my Gunzerker. Well done Gearbox, well done. Expand
  97. Nov 30, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a long tedious game, with cheap deaths, and gameplay that gets stale after the first twenty hours, and bad driving physics. The game is long, and tedious because leveling up takes forever. You have to get tons of experience to level up, and to add insult to injury you can't even buy skill points until you are level 10. Finding your way around the maps takes forever thanksBorderlands 2 is a long tedious game, with cheap deaths, and gameplay that gets stale after the first twenty hours, and bad driving physics. The game is long, and tedious because leveling up takes forever. You have to get tons of experience to level up, and to add insult to injury you can't even buy skill points until you are level 10. Finding your way around the maps takes forever thanks to bad level design; you'll spend a lot of time wandering around aimlessly like a rate in a maze. Another thing which makes the game so long and boring is that the fast travel system is badly designed. There aren't enough teleport stations to help you get around quickly enough. I found myself on loooong trecks to teleport stations way too often. Once you level up to a certian point old lower level enemies reward you almost no exp, but they can still kill you quite easily. The result is trekking through annoying enemies in order to get to where you are going. The deaths in this game are very cheap, due to boss enemies being able to instakill you at times. You can die for trivial reasons such as accidentally wandering into a zone that the gamedesigners didn't want you to go. On the other hand you take no falling damage, and you can apparently walk on water. Dying doesn't have too many consequences other than respawning, being taunted by the game, and being forced to walk a long distance to restart the mission you were on. Dying to a boss that can instakill you with one or two mortar shots, and running back to fight that boss, over and over agian is boring as hell. The driving physics are just bad in this game. Expect to get caught on a rock or two, or just ram into a small tree and be forced to right yourself. The game has good points such as humor, and decent gunplay, but overall this is an annoying grindfest, full of dying over and over. Expand
  98. Nov 29, 2012
    Take the original Borderlands, add direction and storyline. This is epic entertainment! Smart, funny and addictive. Tiny Tina alone makes it worth the fee! Take'em, Take'em, Take'em!
  99. Nov 27, 2012
    I played the first Borderlands which i really enjoyed. Borderlands 2 is a must have game in any gamers library. The group missions are awesome, challenging, and require team effort to complete. I have no complaints other than the matchmaking system can be improved, its a little difficult to navigate. For their first time implementing online multiplayer they sure did a great job. Like iI played the first Borderlands which i really enjoyed. Borderlands 2 is a must have game in any gamers library. The group missions are awesome, challenging, and require team effort to complete. I have no complaints other than the matchmaking system can be improved, its a little difficult to navigate. For their first time implementing online multiplayer they sure did a great job. Like i said, no real complaints here for this must have game and a huge improvement over the first. Expand
  100. Nov 27, 2012
    I feel that this game left a lot to be desired. When the game first started I found myself literally giggling at Jack every time he popped on the screen. That changed as the game took a very dramatic shift halfway through. I found it rather tedious to work through the story after that. The guns don't feel at all very powerful which is lame, because you spend a retarded amount of timeI feel that this game left a lot to be desired. When the game first started I found myself literally giggling at Jack every time he popped on the screen. That changed as the game took a very dramatic shift halfway through. I found it rather tedious to work through the story after that. The guns don't feel at all very powerful which is lame, because you spend a retarded amount of time farming for some of them. And the game has been causing a lot of system freezing for a lot of people who dropped between 70 and 200 dollars on it. I am one of those people. Overall the game was a fair disappointment for me. Expand
  101. Nov 11, 2012
    I'm impressed. BL2 is everything BL1 was and more. An even bigger variety of weapons and plenty of laughs. There's virtually nothing that hasn't been improved upon from an already entertaining game. The only downside I would say, and this is just my opinion, is no longer being able to pop a target's limbs off. I had hoped turning on the gore would cure that. But alas, it did not. PerhapsI'm impressed. BL2 is everything BL1 was and more. An even bigger variety of weapons and plenty of laughs. There's virtually nothing that hasn't been improved upon from an already entertaining game. The only downside I would say, and this is just my opinion, is no longer being able to pop a target's limbs off. I had hoped turning on the gore would cure that. But alas, it did not. Perhaps the purpose for that is future DLC/$. But there's a satisfying level of sadism when you take an enemy down with any of the elements be it from a weapon or an exploding barrel.. Collapse

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.