Borderlands 2 Xbox 360

8.2

1. Feb 16, 2014
    Very fun to play with friends, and a cast of interesting characters to enjoy. but the gameplay feels very bland at times.

One of the things I liked in the first Borderlands was the option to select a type of gun rather than just choosing the newest gun you have that has higher stats. I'd prefer rifles over sub machine guns so even if I found a subgun that was technically better than the rifles I would have, I'd still manage with a rifle instead. In ramping up everything, it feels like Gearbox tweaked the engine to the point that regardless of what the gun is, (sniper rifle, submachine gun, pistol) or who makes the gun, all of it becomes a mute point to the stats.

This change made me feel like I was in an impossible spiral of downgrading my guns for technically better ones I didn't like to use. Even though they were better, statistically, they still felt like I had to consistently switch my loadout every level or so just to keep up with the exponential difficulty curve. The guns company brand and types became increasingly irrelevant with a slight exception to be made for elemental effect specialties.

Another criticism I have, that is largely irrelevant to the target audience Borderlands 2 serves, is that you are basically just a tag-along as far as the story is concerned. Borderlands 2 isn't your story, it's the players' from the first Borderlands story. Old characters make a reappearance as NPCs, and once they arrive then you become little more than an assistant to their direction. The game doesn't make the player feel like they're the focus of the story, with characters talking more to each other and themselves than you or your party.

All that said, the game is still fun to play with friends of a similar level. The strong focus on outright statistics in the game mechanics makes it very easy to balance and adjust for parties. Easy to recommended to fans of Borderlands and anyone who wants a colorful or different shooter to contrast with the realistic modern style FPS games out there, but not one to suggest to a friend who is looking for depth or someone not familiar with gaming in general.
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    If you liked the first game, you'll surely like this second one. While the characters seem less thought-out than the first installment, they're still quite likable and interactive. Obscene remarks seem to have been turned down a notch? Which was a bit of a disappointment for me since I really liked the abrasive humor of the first game, but I got over that I guess. Everything is generallyIf you liked the first game, you'll surely like this second one. While the characters seem less thought-out than the first installment, they're still quite likable and interactive. Obscene remarks seem to have been turned down a notch? Which was a bit of a disappointment for me since I really liked the abrasive humor of the first game, but I got over that I guess. Everything is generally improved upon since the first game otherwise. Awesome DLCs. I met a few of the execs for this project during a party; really awesome people who worked their butts off to make this game what it is. Expand
  3. Jan 11, 2014
    Here's why I don't suck this game's d*** like everyone else:
    1. The game isn't really fun unless you have friends to play co-op with, otherwise you'll be left doing missions and gathering loot all by yourself.
    Here's why I don't suck this game's d*** like everyone else:
    2. Areas you've cleared will respawn them again seconds after you leave the region, making clearing them out pointless, except for the thrill of killing them to kill them yet again.
    3. The cartoony graphics get old.
    4. Using 100 different variations of basically the same gun gets very old.
    5. The game revolves around getting loot.
    Pros:
    1. It actually has a somewhat entertaining story.
    2. The landscape is beautiful.
    3. The guns look nice.
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    Borderlands 2, how do I put it, it was okay. I never really got into playing it mainly because, I did not expect it to be cartoon based, the in game tutorials went on too long, I absolutely hated the Scags, and I did not find the multiplayer very enjoyable. I probably wont buy another game from the Borderlands series.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    This game started out fun but became a boring, chore-like slog to me about 1/3 of the way through. I became bored so I started playing co-op instead. Co-op sucks in public because people just run through the levels not taking time at all and forcing the game play, skipping things, etc.

None of my friends play this game so I quickly became bored, stopped playing, and uninstalled. I didn't really like the whole satanic vibe that the game has. This might be a strange thing to point out, but it something about the game felt evil and corrupting. Uninstalled from my Xbox.
  6. Jul 15, 2013
    Borderlands 1 es el mejor en todo, ambientacion, musica, personajes, humor, hasta los DLC estan mas trabajados....en una sola palabra lo definiria como: Boredlands 2_saludos
  7. Jul 9, 2013
    I was a HUGE fan of the first game. In a review I would have given it 9.75 out of 10. And the bugs would have been the only thing keeping it from being a 10. This game is sub par. The gameplay can be fun at times, but there are regular enemies like Superbad Flame Threshers (i.e. NOT raid bosses) you fight in solo play that put you in FFYL in 1 hit and have more health than you can everI was a HUGE fan of the first game. In a review I would have given it 9.75 out of 10. And the bugs would have been the only thing keeping it from being a 10. This game is sub par. The gameplay can be fun at times, but there are regular enemies like Superbad Flame Threshers (i.e. NOT raid bosses) you fight in solo play that put you in FFYL in 1 hit and have more health than you can ever take, especially considering the FFYL timer is glitched and doesn't reset properly sometimes. I do like what they have done with character design. However having my inventory space cut in half is absolutely not fun at all. Inventory dumping every 5 minutes is terrible and repetitive. There is no ammo regen and the ammo capacities were lowered, making many ammo-hog guns worthless. The guns are kindergarten mockeries of what they were in the original, and several have been glitched to where they don't drop or are completely useless. (Cowboy Cannon) This is a level and loot game, and while they got the leveling right, the loot ruins it. And while everyone seems to rave about the story I have no Idea why. It's longer, not better. I love comedy when it is done right. I am a huge fan of Adult Swim and South Park. They are low-brow but brilliant and funny. This game is not. It tries constantly to be and usually fails. And the story is like some cheap pro-wrestling plot with the villain sneaking up from behind and getting away with dirty cheap tactics all the way till the end. Don't waste money on this sub par game. Go get the original if you haven't played it. If you have, wait till this one drops to the bargain bin. I'm very disappointed in Gearbox. I expected better. Expand
  8. Jul 3, 2013
    I really liked the first borderlands (maybe more). had been excited ever since hearing about the release of borderlands 2. defiantly not let down, if you like borderlands you will more than likely love this one also. the only reason I gave it a 7 instead of 10 is because playing solo is VERY hard. the creators have admitted its meant to be played as a team..I like playing alone. If you areI really liked the first borderlands (maybe more). had been excited ever since hearing about the release of borderlands 2. defiantly not let down, if you like borderlands you will more than likely love this one also. the only reason I gave it a 7 instead of 10 is because playing solo is VERY hard. the creators have admitted its meant to be played as a team..I like playing alone. If you are playing alone you will have to get used to responding and losing a lot of money. I played the first one multiple times with multiple characters and rarely died so I don't believe its me. overall would recommend it but just want people to know it will probably be better if you have friends that are willing to play a lot with you. Expand
  9. Jul 2, 2013
    If I had to judge Borderlands 2 after buying full price (59$ at release) I'd given it a heartfelt kick up it a** for being yet another game masquerading minor updates and added storyline as a sequel...
    Had it been a movie, a book, a whatever, then sequel would be a fitting title, but as gamers we demand substantial change when someone asks for a lot of cash from us who loved the first game...

So, I bought it for $5, and that's what it's worth (if you've played the first)....nothing New...
  10. May 6, 2013
    Borderlands 2 has a lot of great qualities that make it a great game. It's just disappointing that the small things end up hurting it. The main story takes 15 to 20 hours to beat and you MAY want to replay it. The use of the word may is highlighted, because I didn't feel propelled to take another run through the game. The True Vault Hunter mode basically bumps up the difficulty and left aBorderlands 2 has a lot of great qualities that make it a great game. It's just disappointing that the small things end up hurting it. The main story takes 15 to 20 hours to beat and you MAY want to replay it. The use of the word may is highlighted, because I didn't feel propelled to take another run through the game. The True Vault Hunter mode basically bumps up the difficulty and left a lot to be desired to the point that I just got bored and quit. The randomly generated weapons are seriously cool, but tend to lack character and personality, making a lot of the firearms you'll utilize forgettable. The multiple playthroughs don't feel satisfying and only provides a slightly harder challenge. In the technical department, the game suffers from seriously ugly texture pop-up, probably at the fault of the Unreal Engine. The sound isn't very much to marvel at and the voice acting is pretty inconsistent. The script is pretty well done and I laughed a ton at the ironic humor that they throw in there. The memes and pop culture references are pretty unnecessary though and will probably make the game feel less timeless in the future. The reason I am giving this game a 7 is because of the randomly generated weapons and the humor. It's not to mention that the game is just a joy to play through a couple times, if you feel obligated to. Expand
  11. Apr 30, 2013
    I liked the first game, liked the art design, the humor and gun playing. this game improved from the first one, especially the story-line, which was a joke in the first game. it is also much fun to play co-op with a friend online. however, i just cannot put as much time as i did in the first game, too repetitive overall.
  12. Apr 18, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is little more than Borderlands 1 with new maps and a new story. Little innovation in a formula, that by itself was already unoriginal and somewhat boring. In Borderlands 1, about 2/3 of the game you would be getting tired of the combat, that is always the same from start to finish. Borderlands 2 is more of that. Only now the game is bigger so before you get halfway youBorderlands 2 is little more than Borderlands 1 with new maps and a new story. Little innovation in a formula, that by itself was already unoriginal and somewhat boring. In Borderlands 1, about 2/3 of the game you would be getting tired of the combat, that is always the same from start to finish. Borderlands 2 is more of that. Only now the game is bigger so before you get halfway you will start having that feeling. The gameplay is always the same from start to finish and (surprise!) it gets tiring. Sure it has lots of guns, but can you really call them different? 5 different "effects" to add to weapons, mostly visual, and weapons that change the skins but do mostly the same. Not enough to keep me focused until the end.
    All in all, if you loved the first Borderlands, chances are you will like this one too.
  13. Apr 14, 2013
    Compared to the first Borderlands not much has changed in this new instalment. It is a lot more story focused and it is easier to tell which gun belongs to which in game company but otherwise it's the same 4 guys running through the same scrapyards fighting the same mask wearing wierdos. If you really enjoyed the first I can recommend it as it's pretty much the same with a new paint job,Compared to the first Borderlands not much has changed in this new instalment. It is a lot more story focused and it is easier to tell which gun belongs to which in game company but otherwise it's the same 4 guys running through the same scrapyards fighting the same mask wearing wierdos. If you really enjoyed the first I can recommend it as it's pretty much the same with a new paint job, but if you were waiting for a sequel that was bigger and better I'd give it a miss. Expand
  14. Feb 26, 2013
    A good sequel to the first Borderlands but i feel this game is Overrated to an extent. The new scenery was a nice change from Borderlands 1 and the game having a storyline was a definite plus. However the game got a bit repetitive too quickly, the skill-trees weren't up to much and for a game that prides itself on having a huge amount of guns i ended up with similar ones at most points ofA good sequel to the first Borderlands but i feel this game is Overrated to an extent. The new scenery was a nice change from Borderlands 1 and the game having a storyline was a definite plus. However the game got a bit repetitive too quickly, the skill-trees weren't up to much and for a game that prides itself on having a huge amount of guns i ended up with similar ones at most points of the game. Overall it was an enjoyable experience but one that good have been improved Expand
  15. Feb 15, 2013
    Fun game and a massive improvement to the original but some how it just got boring. I don't care about loot so much and grinding to get it is just ridiculous so I cheated tested out all the best and meh is all I can say. If you take the loot out this game suddenly becomes quite dull which is sad because loot shouldn't make a game special.

On top of that they put out two DLC which each

On top of that they put out two DLC which each has the exact same running joke about the guy betraying you. I don't know the joke got old and although the game made me laugh I wouldn't have minded a few serious moments or truly epic moments at least to allow me to enjoy the comical moments more. A game that is a constant joke just isn't funny or fun in the end.
  16. Feb 4, 2013
    If this game is a crowd pleaser then I suggest that the crowd has confused fun for addictiveness. The game is loaded with Skinner box techniques designed to keep you playing, but the gameplay itself is weak and poorly designed. The humor is mediocre and the plot is atrocious. This game is much cheaper now, so think about picking it up for 30 bucks, as I did. That price is much more in lineIf this game is a crowd pleaser then I suggest that the crowd has confused fun for addictiveness. The game is loaded with Skinner box techniques designed to keep you playing, but the gameplay itself is weak and poorly designed. The humor is mediocre and the plot is atrocious. This game is much cheaper now, so think about picking it up for 30 bucks, as I did. That price is much more in line with its actual quality. Expand
  17. Jan 26, 2013
    Although the game is better than the first one. I really couldn't get absorbed into the game-world enough to fully enjoy what it had to offer. This is why I will give the game a 7/10
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    In order to like it, you have to appreciate the comedic moments in it, and all the jokes that come with it. Overall, i loved playing it, and I believe that it is quite challenging to tackle alone. You will not get bored easily with that game, and you would want to play it over again more than one time. I do, however, wish that more people could join a game instead of a 4-player co-op.In order to like it, you have to appreciate the comedic moments in it, and all the jokes that come with it. Overall, i loved playing it, and I believe that it is quite challenging to tackle alone. You will not get bored easily with that game, and you would want to play it over again more than one time. I do, however, wish that more people could join a game instead of a 4-player co-op. Or it could be like an MMORPG, where everyone would be in one huge server and roam the area with random people, possibly making friends in the process. Idk, it seems like a good idea... Expand
  19. Jan 11, 2013
    Let me preface by saying I have played both BL1 and BL2 extensively and played through all available DLC as well. My review will consist of 10 positives and 10 negatives aspects of the game to establish what works and what doesn't.

PROS: 1) Graphics are much improved over BL1. Also very little texture popping or rendering issues. 2) Environments are more varied and colorful. 3)

PROS:
    2) Environments are more varied and colorful.
    3) Good plot with storytelling elements that really add to the game.
    4) UI is much improved and easier to manage inventory and compare items on the fly.
    5) Creative enemies and bosses with back-stories.
    6) Good variety of characters to choose from, each with very different playstyles.
    7) DLC thus far has been fairly solid.
    8) Plenty of side-missions, easter eggs, collectibles, etc to keep players busy.
    9) Addition of bank and secret stash system is very useful.
    10) Generally more refined gameplay experience.

CONS:
    1) No health packs - really punishes players who play aggressively.
    2) Gun upgrade system replacde by bad-ass tokens which are inferior.
    3) Loot drops are EXTREMELY low for rare items.
    4) Solo players are punished for playing solo. 5) New Second Wind system is not fun and repeated Second Winds mean almost instant death.
    6) Gun and other loot feel lackluster.
    7) Level scaling doesn't always make sense. Enemies 5 levels lower can sometimes wreck you.
    8) "Invincible" bosses are frustrating and drop bad loot.
    9) Game is too gun-centric. You will have a very hard time in the upper levels without the rarest guns.
    10) Gearbox is patching things that made the game fun, and not fixing major problems like lost characters saves and lost bad-ass ranks.

So all in all, as an avid player of both games, I would argue that well the game is pretty and the story good, they removed quite a few of the elements from BL1 that made the experience so enjoyable in the first place. I am not saying make the game easier, but the removal of the gun skills from BL1 was a big disappointment to me. I want my character to be a bad-ass that can be stealthy or destroy hordes of enemies. I don't want to be hiding and trying not to die every time I encounter a group of enemies. If I want the game to be hard, let me decide that. I hope maybe some of these things would be taken into consideration for future DLC or the inevitable BL3!
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    TL;DR The better sequel to Borderlands 1, which still doesn't say much.

To start, just know that there is nothing subtle about this game. The dialogue, "humor", anything, everything is basically in your face, for the good and bad. I'll explain that here... To start, the art, guns, gameplay, and characters (personality wise, at least) have definitely been improved over the first.
    TL;DR The better sequel to Borderlands 1, which still doesn't say much.

To start, the art, guns, gameplay, and characters (personality wise, at least) have definitely been improved over the first. However, the game is still a better version of 1 that didn't improve on much of the problems, rather, they've been seemingly masked.

Firstly, there are not a bazillion more guns, there are simply more combos of pre-made guns (modding and making your own is still very fun and an option luckily). You WILL see the same guns more than twice. Second, the feel of the guns is definitely better, but combat is still the same old "going in guns blazing with endless second winds" or "hide and pick them off one by one". The action skills have been vastly improved at least, and are all useful. Third, I might start ranting here, but the story and the dialogue tied to it are...not so good, to say the least. If you like toilet humor and jokes that are forced upon you, then maybe you'll enjoy it, however, don't expect any well thought out humor here. Granted, there are moments anyone can still laugh at, but the humor is still bottom of the barrel and mostly appeals to the demographic of 13 year old boys. The story is also very mediocre and riddled with (bullet) holes. Besides it being a complete reboot of the first (find the vault, oh no bad guys!) , it now has a primary antagonist that belittles and taunts you throughout the WHOLE game. Handsome Jack is simply another mediocre villain, unfortunately, and any potential he had was wasted on his loud-mouthed, arrogant character who taunts the hero nonstop, while never confronting them, quickly becoming a big joke.

The characters also seem really odd. I don't know if you can relate to any of them at all. Like the humor and many, many pop culture references, they suffer from a bad case of "OMG so random and funny!". If I had to pick the biggest offender, it'd be Tiny Tina. Regardless, they all have the combined emotions of a sack of potatoes, and none of them really come off as memorable.

Overall, BL2 is indeed the better successor to the first, but even then, the game is anything but a masterpiece.
  21. Dec 2, 2012
    I liked this game, but not as much as the first even though this is vastly superior. The story and set up is intriguing right from the get go but as soon as you start you realize that its far far more linear. Its really just go do this, bring me that or kill me this many creatures for the first few hours. This isn't always a bad thing because you get a feel a for the game, the controls,I liked this game, but not as much as the first even though this is vastly superior. The story and set up is intriguing right from the get go but as soon as you start you realize that its far far more linear. Its really just go do this, bring me that or kill me this many creatures for the first few hours. This isn't always a bad thing because you get a feel a for the game, the controls, the combat disciplines. The problems start with the difference with side quests and main quests. If you do all the quests you become way too powerful but if you only do main then be prepared to grind bullymongs for a while. Then more problems come with the scaling enemies, oh you like that beautiful piece of kit you just found? Well don't get too attached to it because its gonna be replaced by something twice as better to help you deal with the equal enemies. I know that you level up and gain access to more skills and perks but it really doesn't feel like its getting easier. Boss battles are another gripe, normally grinding beforehand lets you just smack them or hiding and exploiting cover allows you to just ping them down if you're lazy. Everything else is a plus though: the feel and aesthetics of the guns, the difference in companies, the locations, the stories of the characters and the graphics. Unfortunately this doesn't save this game for me from the infuriating mechanics of not feeling like your progressing in terms of strength, the constant replacing and cold detachment to your equipment and weapons and the easy for boss battles. Its good and its a lot of fun to play with friends online or splitscreen but all in all I'd rather play something where feel I feel a bit more connected with the games lore and universe . Expand
  22. Nov 30, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is a long tedious game, with cheap deaths, and gameplay that gets stale after the first twenty hours, and bad driving physics. The game is long, and tedious because leveling up takes forever. You have to get tons of experience to level up, and to add insult to injury you can't even buy skill points until you are level 10. Finding your way around the maps takes forever thanksBorderlands 2 is a long tedious game, with cheap deaths, and gameplay that gets stale after the first twenty hours, and bad driving physics. The game is long, and tedious because leveling up takes forever. You have to get tons of experience to level up, and to add insult to injury you can't even buy skill points until you are level 10. Finding your way around the maps takes forever thanks to bad level design; you'll spend a lot of time wandering around aimlessly like a rate in a maze. Another thing which makes the game so long and boring is that the fast travel system is badly designed. There aren't enough teleport stations to help you get around quickly enough. I found myself on loooong trecks to teleport stations way too often. Once you level up to a certian point old lower level enemies reward you almost no exp, but they can still kill you quite easily. The result is trekking through annoying enemies in order to get to where you are going. The deaths in this game are very cheap, due to boss enemies being able to instakill you at times. You can die for trivial reasons such as accidentally wandering into a zone that the gamedesigners didn't want you to go. On the other hand you take no falling damage, and you can apparently walk on water. Dying doesn't have too many consequences other than respawning, being taunted by the game, and being forced to walk a long distance to restart the mission you were on. Dying to a boss that can instakill you with one or two mortar shots, and running back to fight that boss, over and over agian is boring as hell. The driving physics are just bad in this game. Expect to get caught on a rock or two, or just ram into a small tree and be forced to right yourself. The game has good points such as humor, and decent gunplay, but overall this is an annoying grindfest, full of dying over and over. Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2012
    An incredibly juvenile adventure which gets old real fast. By gritting my teeth I made it to level 15, but by then I was too bored of the variable difficulty curve, running out of ammo despite being conservative with it, the terribly poor vehicles (halo warthog's were better), the uninspiring environments, the jaggies and graphic design and..OMG.. the head bashing weapon randomiserAn incredibly juvenile adventure which gets old real fast. By gritting my teeth I made it to level 15, but by then I was too bored of the variable difficulty curve, running out of ammo despite being conservative with it, the terribly poor vehicles (halo warthog's were better), the uninspiring environments, the jaggies and graphic design and..OMG.. the head bashing weapon randomiser comparision engine. It beggars belief that others actually finished this lame turkey and would actually pony up for the DLC. If the game was composed of the first 20 minutes being repeated for 20 hours, I don't think anyone would notice. Expand
  24. Nov 3, 2012
    • Borderlands 2 is a game where you run around an open environment while shooting all manner of crazy creature, robot and bandit in the face and collecting the various items that pop out of them so that you can then take on larger more powerful creatures for even better loot.
    • Frequently well executed humor but relies heavily on geek culture references and juvenile jokes that struggle to be heard over gunfire and other NPC conversations.
    • A horrible "walk here, now here, now kill this then walk over there" quest system made worse by a poor map and tracking system.
    • A heavy co-op focus that includes such enemies as the guy with the shield that needs to be flanked.
    • While still arguably the best RPG loot grab / first person hybrid game, there is a clear sense of trying to do more than the first and failing to execute on some otherwise great ideas but it is still a great time to be had by a group of friends.
  25. Nov 2, 2012
    I have played this game offline till the end of the game. The story was great, the weapons feel amazing and there are a lot of different enemies. The best thing of the game is the voice acting and the interactions between friends and enemies. I was impressed and I was about to give this game a 8 or higher. But after I went online I lost my save.. and I was not happy with that. ThatsI have played this game offline till the end of the game. The story was great, the weapons feel amazing and there are a lot of different enemies. The best thing of the game is the voice acting and the interactions between friends and enemies. I was impressed and I was about to give this game a 8 or higher. But after I went online I lost my save.. and I was not happy with that. Thats something 2K needs to fix in the future! Expand
  26. Oct 30, 2012
    Have you played the first Borderlands? Did you enjoy it? If you did play it and enjoy it, chances are that you'll enjoy this too. If you played the first one and didn't enjoy it, then stay far away from this game. Now lets get to a review for people that are new to the series. Borderlands 2 looks good. There's plenty of character customization. It controls well, although shooting with anyHave you played the first Borderlands? Did you enjoy it? If you did play it and enjoy it, chances are that you'll enjoy this too. If you played the first one and didn't enjoy it, then stay far away from this game. Now lets get to a review for people that are new to the series. Borderlands 2 looks good. There's plenty of character customization. It controls well, although shooting with any sort of accuracy is impossible until you level up a few times. The first couple of hours will feel like you have a vibrator attached to all your guns. And the guns. There's so many of them. Too many to tell you the truth. And that's one of the main problems. A shooter should be about shooting, not inventory management and comparing statistics. I miss the days when there were no more than 10 guns in a game. Looking for a good story? Look elsewhere. Like the first Borderlands, you'll find yourself doing non-stop fetch quests. I assume they have something to do with the story, but I couldn't be bothered to care. Something about vaults and vault-hunters. Some guy named Handsome Jack that wants to hog all the glory and riches for himself and sets out to stop you. Not sure where you and your party came from, but who cares. There's loot to be found. In summary, if you enjoyed the first Borderlands then you'll like this one as much, maybe a little bit more. If you didn't like the first one, stay away. This is pretty much more of the same. If you're new to the series, I'd suggest renting first. Expand
  27. Oct 29, 2012
    This game is fun and guaranty a long game play, but the at one point the it get difficulty to get nice weapons and other items and you need to kill over an over certain boss or enemies to see if you can get a good item. I dont want to farm like a mmorpg four hours to get the the best weapons in the game.
  28. Oct 16, 2012
    I completed borderlands 2's normal play through and i am now about half-way through true vault hunter mode. so i though it would be timed to put up my review. I really enjoyed the game overall. it has good graphics, lovable characters, a good leveling system, and a crap ton of guns. Not to mention a storyline that is vastly improved. On the other hand, everything from BL2 seems to beI completed borderlands 2's normal play through and i am now about half-way through true vault hunter mode. so i though it would be timed to put up my review. I really enjoyed the game overall. it has good graphics, lovable characters, a good leveling system, and a crap ton of guns. Not to mention a storyline that is vastly improved. On the other hand, everything from BL2 seems to be recycled from BL1. after 20 hours or so in game, everything starts to feel bin there done that, and kind of gets stale and boring. Even though looting is fun, 99.99% of the loot is worse than what you already have. its a real pain in the butt to find guns that are on par with your level. even then stores sell guns that are about 5 levels below me. i also find enemies scaling to be off, iv'e run into enemies that are 5 or 6 levels below me that can kill me with a few shots (doesn't sound right to me). Those issues aside, i think its time for Gearbox to allow players to create their own characters. The main playable characters have little to no back round or story, not to mention they are really just a re skinning of the characters from BL1. i would also like to have seen more outfits for each character. All the skins are just color swaps. Overall , the fun in BL2 can be quickly overshadowed by the childish (un-funny) humor, or some odd game design choices. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2012
    I am not the most ardent FPS playing out there. I do not enjoy most FPS games and generally find them lacking. I tried borderlands 2 because it was supposed to be an action rpg/fps. I found that the action rpg side of the game was very lacking. The weapons were bad in general. Little i found was of use. The beginning of the game was just an excuse for self flagellation. I felt miserableI am not the most ardent FPS playing out there. I do not enjoy most FPS games and generally find them lacking. I tried borderlands 2 because it was supposed to be an action rpg/fps. I found that the action rpg side of the game was very lacking. The weapons were bad in general. Little i found was of use. The beginning of the game was just an excuse for self flagellation. I felt miserable and forced my way through the first few hours of the game hoping it would get better as i actually got my action skill and started spending points on other things, but it never really got much better for me. I don't understand why I was forced to wait 5 levels to get the only key difference between the classes. Expand
  30. Oct 12, 2012
    Let me start by saying I LOVED #1. I'm trying to love #2 but i can't. It's so repetitive and same thing over and over.

I didn't finish it and not sure i will -Game was fun but got boring quickly.
    This review was for single player only, as i never go on-line.

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.