8.2

1. Jan 19, 2013
    On the surface not much seems to have changed since the original Borderlands. Play this sequel for any length of time however and it soon proves itself to be a superior game. Both the story and script are just that bit sharper and often genuinely funny, the skill system has been expanded (Including a new 'badass rank' which rewards the player with boosts to their stats for completing certain challenges) and there are fewer missions that are nothing but glorified fetch quests.

All this and a host of other minor tweaks meant that, while I bored of the first title before seeing it to the end, there was never any danger of me stopping before I saw Borderlands 2 through to its finale. This is co-op gaming at its very best.
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four starting characters. They're basically next gen variations of the four main characters from borderlands 1. But the Mechromancer did change that a bit. Overall won of my favorite games of all time and a must buy for anyone with a passion for gaming. Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    Borderlands 2 brings you back to Pandora for another wild goose chase with some brand new vault hunters. However this time the focus is on something much more important than the vault. After Roland, Lillith, Mordecai and Brick awakened the destroyer eridium has been spewing out of the ground faster then grass, it has also shown the whereabouts of another vault. After Hyperion had a close eye on the operations going down with Atlas, the Crimson Lance and the original Vault hunters they decide to move in and go on the hunt for the vault lead by the tyrannous Handsome Jack. Invited by Jack the new vault hunters (Axton, Maya, Salvador and Zero) you soon realise you are being led into a trap and escape into the plains of Pandora on a epic 50+ hour adventure to stop Jack opening the vault and allow Pandora to be at peace for longer than five minutes.
    Lots of old characters return as well as many new faces, a loot chest full of side quests and an epic storyline full of unexpected twists, turns and heart wrenching moments.
    Borderlands 2 is a must buy for fans of the series and as good a place as any to pick up the game and start if you haven't played the first. A real GOTY contender
  4. Dec 26, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was a amazing game witch is better than Borderlands 1 (BL1 was a great game). The characters are soo funny and by far Claptrap is the most epic out of all of them. Borderlands 2 has a story to it(BL 1 did not) and in Borderlands 2 the areas are different almost every time with look(another thing BL1 did not have). Playing Solo is great but this game was series is soo popular with the CO-OP experience, its better than ever! Handsome Jack the villian has to be the best vilian in a game by far, I mean I hate him, love him, think hes' halerouand so on. The only con to Borderlands 2 is how it kept freezing a lot and glitchs I had with it, but you guys might not be having the trouble. Borderlands is an a game you should buy nw as so as you read this review. Borderlands 2 9.2/10 Expand
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't play the first one but that's okay because this game rules. That's a well spent 65 bucks right here. Fun, funny, enjoyable, thrilling and awe-inspiring. Yeah, man
  6. Oct 28, 2012
    This game is waaaay better then the first borderlands, its funner, smother and looks **** awesome this is easily one of my newest Favorite games of all time, defiantly worth buying
  7. Sep 18, 2012
    Brilliant!Far superior in every way than its predecessor,though vehicles remain under utilised.The narrative is so much better this time around that I rarely felt lonesome during solo play.The writing is superb and consistently laugh out loud funny and even occasionally surprisingly touching.Whilst the games major claim to fame is the millions(sorry,Bazillions) of guns,once again 99% are useless,which is unfortunately expected and necessary in this type of looter,so I can't complain there.It also makes that one great weapon find so so excellent...The four(soon to be five) classes with their various skins and Abilities are great,though ZerO and Axton are much better for solo play,but that could well be because of my particular playstyle.Nevertheless,especially since its it been a quiet year for decent games,this is a must have title. Expand
  8. DME
    May 26, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a beautiful, content-filled game, with plenty of intelligent design decisions, interesting characters, and a lot of variety. I normally don't like RPGs (Skyrim included) due to their extreme complexity and overwhelming amount of stuff. Borderlands 2, however, somehow manages to be just as complex without ever being overwhelming. And of course, the game is just plain FUN. You can tell that the developers put a lot of thought and care into the making of the game.

(Disclaimer: I have never played the original Borderlands, so I can't compare the two games. Also, keep in mind, everybody will have a different experience depending on who they play with. Online play with randoms seems disastrous and solo play feels lonely and limited. I played through the game in offline splitscreen mode with a buddy. We only played with each other and neither of us ever played without the other. I do believe this was the best way to experience the game.)
  9. Sep 18, 2012
    MUCH better than Borderlands 1 (which is a great game)... I've only played for about 3 1/2 hours but I can tell you the game runs smooth with great graphics, great gameplay, and really good voice acting.
  10. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  11. Sep 18, 2012
    Not many games learn from their mistakes, this one does, and does an excellent job at it, an improvement in almost every way, definitely worth getting if you didn't like the first one, and an even better choice if you liked the first one!
  12. Sep 21, 2012
    Improves on the first game in almost every way imaginable. Borderlands 2 is winner and starts off the fall season of triple A titles. Unless you're going through a very excessive playthrough it's near impossible to run out of things to do. Side missions continually pop up and are always a joy to run through, earning you more guns, supplies, and various loot. The games all about the loot, no two items are ever the same thanks to a new randomly generating loot and gun system, and the variety in weapons is at the top of the mountain; no other game comes near it. It's graphically appealing and prettier this time around. Environments are much more luscious and varied than it's predecessor. My only complaints are that the story is often predictable yet very enjoyable, and some missions get tedious as there's much backtracking to be done. Overall though Borderlands 2 is a must own for any gamer, it has the best of everything, great RPG elements, it's a solid FPS, and the game is hysterical. Expand
  13. May 27, 2013
    This is a super fun and funny game to play by yourself or especially with your friends the endless loot and humour of this game will keep you comming back for more. It plays much like the first with a few tweaks and an actual story behind the mayhem, great game!
  14. Apr 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last few years. Do not presume this is just Borderlands 1.5, this is a great new visit to Pandora. Expand
  15. Sep 19, 2012
    Incredible game. Everything is upgraded and smoother. My only nitpick so far is ladders, frustrating. Kudos to all involved for a great game. Keep iot up.
  16. Mar 2, 2014
    First person shooter, levelling up system, bosses, classes, loot- Diablo with guns. Pros: Funny story. Imaginative. Great enimies. Great cell shaded graphics. Highly addictive. Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN. Amazing levelling tree. Chaotic and fun. Challenging. Great length of about 40 hrs+. S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats. Claptrap, and other characters are well voiced and written.

Cons:
    Not really fun as single player, basically once you go to multi, being single seems boring.
    Vehicles needed more use.
  17. Sep 25, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is one of the best sequels in gaming. Everything is sped up and streamlined and faster. The dialogue is wittier and more abundant. The story is the best improvement. It gives you the narrative that original failed to give. Each of the original Vault Hunters makes an appearance in a fantastic fashion. I've only done on play through with the Gunzerker so I can't speak for the other three character classes but I can say my experience with the combat was still awesome and fast paced. It's easy to get lost in the shoot and loot as well as the numerous skills options to customize you character. Overall Borderlands 2 is a highly addicting game and I highly recommend it! Expand
  18. Dec 5, 2012
    I have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have a four player brawl in Sanctuary would be amazing) but not enough so that it would keep me from playing. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys FPS and loot-based RPGs. Expand
  19. Oct 6, 2013
    borderlands 2 is tonnes and tonnes of content millions of guns, millions of shields and areas and enemies. There are 4 unique characters out of the box and 2 more available via DLC that provides a different and exciting way to play through the campaign. The DLC of the game adds even more content to an already 60-70 plus hour game. The shooting is much tighter than the first game and the graphics are greatly improved over the first game to make the environments and the enemies a treat to look at. the weapons are the star of the show however and there is always a new gun to use or a new shield to equip. the loot is handled well and the game also plays brilliantly with co-op. the story is not something the game is known for but i did enjoy the narrative of the game and handsome jack was a great villain.

this game is one of the best of the generation in my opinion for a fun based co-op shooter with plenty of content, great shooting, tonnes of loot and a funny cast of characters.
  20. Aug 16, 2013
    Having been a fan of the 1st game and its DLC (save for Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot), I had high anticipations for the 2nd entry. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed. The four new Vault Hunters (six if you include the 2 DLC characters) each have different abilities and skills, making each playthrough feel different. If there's one complaint I have with the first game, it's that the weapons all appear the same. Not in this game. Each of the 8 gun manufacturers have different shapes and designs for their guns, and the millions of guns in this game all look and feel different. You'll rarely see the same gun twice. Enemy variety is varied in the first Borderlands and even more so in this version, with a lot of returning enemies as well as several new varieties, each with different weaknesses and attacks. There's also an even wider variety of missions to undergo, everything from fetch quests to bizarre requests. But where this game really shines is in 4-player co-op. Like the first game, the game gets harder with more players, but hte loot enemies drop is much better. Everything is improved over the original, which was already a success. However, the DLC has been sub-par at best. But that hardly puts a dent in the overall enjoyment you'll get from this game. Any FPS or RPG fan will enjoy this game. Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    Only one of the masterpieces of this console generation! While other game developers fall all over themselves trying to ape Call of Duty, Gearbox has perfected the cooperative experience and makes teaming up with your friends to fight the machine an addictive and endlessly gratifying experience.
  22. Oct 23, 2012
    I loved the first Borderlands, I picked it up thinking it was going to be a deep and rewarding RPG but when i put it in it was more like the smooth first person shooting of Call of duty, mixed with Rpg elements and the enemies are weird. Now ive scooped together sixty dollars and figured i would try this one out. The moment i was let loose to shoot stuff and loot, i was having an immense amount of fun. You;ll notice that the gunplay is a lot more satifying then the last game, and a lot smoother. The game says that there are even more guns in this game. Well from what ive noticed there is a lot more guns. But the system is basically the same, because youll notice that ninety percent of the guns you pick up are complete sh*t but they have tweaked the grenades and the shields as well so that each one is different no matter what. Ive found grenade mods that when i threw it four flamethrowers come out and deal massive fire damage. Cool. The character classes are the same but there abilities are different. The commando still throws out a turret but it can do alot more things thanks to the skill tree for you character. This game is very good and if your still wondering whether or not to pick it up stop thinking about it, and buy it. Even if you havent played the first game you will enjoy the hell out of this game its really fun, and an immense time sink. Expand
  23. Sep 19, 2012
    If you had any reservations that this sequel would not live up to the predecessor than don't worry ... this game is improved in both game-play/weapons/abilities and also story. Having loved my previous trip to Pandora I was excited to return and this game improves upon what they built last time, one of the best Co-Op games of all time. To play this game by yourself is fun but it also takes away from the heart and soul of this game which is running around with your friends and looting, exploring and raiding the lands of Pandora. Truly a great game by Gearbox and a AAA franchise up there with the other elite titles out there today. Expand
  24. Sep 24, 2012
    I've been playing this game for about 15 hours or so now and I'm loving every new area, enemy and gun as much as the first. Simply put, if you like FPS games you have to get this. The single players is excellent and the co-op is the best I've played since GRAW & Rainbow six Vegas. Normally I can't be bothered to collect everything but I find myself searching every nook to get ammo, money, eridium and guns. The guns all have a different feel and their own uses which means your selection is very important in battles. There is enough customization to keep you happy and the characters you meet have a personality of their own and sometimes a nice gun for you. Humour? it's got a lot and as for fun, there is nothing better than letting a midget run at you with your sniper sights trained on his head, then at the last minute....BOOM!
    I was looking forward to BLOPS 2 and Halo 4 but they will need to be something special to beat this game. I also normally trade games in as soon as I've finished the single player and played a couple of months of multiplayer but I will be keeping this game to play the DLC missions and characters. Awesome game and massive fun.
  25. Jun 19, 2013
    Truly great experience the characters were funny the story was great the game is addicting. I played through the story many times and it never gets old, and I will continue to play it through out the summer until GTA 5 comes out.
  26. Sep 19, 2012
    Borderlands 2 Is totally a game of the year contender.This game has so many improvemennts over the first Bordlands,with it's Awesome graphics,story and lets not forget the Funny adult Humor that the series is known for.also the amount of weapons in Borderlands 2 is mind blowing.Borderlands 2 is awesome just like the first Borderlands was as well.A must buy.this Game get's a perfect 10 from me.
  27. Oct 22, 2012
    Love this game in all aspects. Great Story,Sound, Graphics and Game-play. Must own for any Borderlands, BioSchock or end of the world fans. Looking forward to all additional DLC. 10/10
  28. Nov 24, 2013
    Uber,Superb, Addicting, Brutal and Flashy. Who doesn't want to see hostile midgets that run after you with their axes get shredded in damage of fire and explosives? What about giant behemoth super badasses smashing down on your last percentage of health and in that brink of the moment you have to survive and switch out to your rocket launcher that shoots like 20 missiles of shock bolts? What about duel wielding two automatic explosive elemental snipers that makes you feel like a raining wave of destructive only to be met with the same force of agression by the smart A.Is? This game is a must have for the addictive nature of its FPS smoothness. IT FEELS GREAT KILLING THE CHALLENGES OF PANDORA.

But that's the thing. Borderlands 2 CHALLENGES you to play smart or rage quit and try again at the first and second playthrough of the game. Some of the bosses are just brain melting that I needed to take a rest from because I wanted to beat them so bad but I couldn't because most of the times it is just unfair because you don't have the right weapons or there are just damage insta killers that are frustratingly hard to avoid. SO just take your time, pull out some of your hair from your scalp. respawn and try again

The humor is flat out funny and constant throughout the game with the special uber characters that give you awesomely well down side-quest. It doesn't feel like a chore anymorike in the first borderlands. Side-quest are a thing that makes you want to play the game even more. Most of the side-quest are even leads to the hundreds of well down easter eggs. THe dialog is priceless and fits into the game and story-line perfectly like children and candy.

The villian. Handsome Jack is probably the best or even the most epic bastard villians in my gaming experiences. You just want to straggle him until his eyes pop out because his the evil done so well that messes with you so very damn good. Example? I think his like the GLaDOS (Portal series) of Borderlands 2. Always teasing you and joking at you while you try to survive the thousands of enemies and wild lide tht he casually sends at your friends and you.

THe story is very well done and emotionally driven towards the end game even with all of the silliness, it's very serious. So grab a couple of friends and play this majestic game together in divine perfection.. Though it could of been better.
  29. Sep 21, 2012
    Finally a game this year actually worth spending the time to play. This year has been struggling so far. If you remotely liked the first BL, you will LOVE this one. SO FUNNY and addicting.... even my wife is laughing because of the dialogue and she hates watching me play.
  30. Mar 10, 2013
    Easily a 10/10, but with no real feel to travel fast kinda gets lame. Takes along time to level up after like level 3, best villain along with far cry 3, Vas. Love the look, great humor loads of guns, loads of explosives, and a good amount of environments. With a good co-op portion to the game making it harder to play and win. Not a variety of characters to play, or change of your own style. Game-play is a straight 10, fun same thing, maps lovely 10, story uneven 8 to 9. Guns he-he-he you know the drill. One thing the your not as bad-ass like in the first game overall. After a lot of playing though you'll get your self back to bad-ass. Expand
  31. Jan 19, 2013

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.