Borderlands 2 Xbox 360

8.3

1. Oct 6, 2012
    Borderlands 2 is an awesome game. I didn't play the first game and still understood the whole story of this game. I completed the main story quest by myself and it was good but i can't help thinking it would be better playing through it co-op, so i would recommend playing through with friends. Overall this game is excellent.
  2. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Developer: Gearbox software Publisher: 2k Games Age Rating: 18 Platforms: Xbox 360, playstation 3, PC Review platform: Xbox 360 Welcome to Pandora. The bad-ass planet that is now under Hyperion, yet more importantly Handsome Jacks authority. You can take control over one of four even more handsome vault hunters: Maya, Zero, Axton or Salvador, each with their own unique abilities. You are on Pandora for some good old fashioned looting when you get mixed up in the crimson raiders struggle against Handsome Jack, meeting familiar faces along the way (of course Claptrap). Expect one hell of a ride.

For the Full Revew as it wont all fit in this window head over to -
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    I'm a big fan of Borderlands 1, Borderlands 2 is much of the same with a minor exception. i felt the main story was a bit lacking. But this game is still amazing and recommended to all.
  4. Nov 24, 2012
    borderlands 2 is great.the gameplay is great theres a lot of missions and side quest.very funny i suprised for good becuase i dont like that kind of games i will give it 9/10
  5. Oct 27, 2012
    This game is excellent. Graphics and gameplay are fine but nothing too showy, though personally I find the indie pop art feel to the game to be fantastic. The real value though comes from the excellent writing. The story arch is well done and the optional quests are well-worth it. Great one liners from a host of characters and the main cadre is very endearing. It is very easy to get deeplyThis game is excellent. Graphics and gameplay are fine but nothing too showy, though personally I find the indie pop art feel to the game to be fantastic. The real value though comes from the excellent writing. The story arch is well done and the optional quests are well-worth it. Great one liners from a host of characters and the main cadre is very endearing. It is very easy to get deeply involved and the respawn of units and bosses makes just mucking about great fun. This game is perfect if you are looking for something to throw a hundred or so hours of fun into. Plus, don't forget future DLC and Co-Op options. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2012
    A great game with a unique art style and tongue in cheek humour. The technical side is great with good textures but let down by texture pop-in.The quests are more varied than its predecessor, but let down by some repetitive fetch quests. Overall 9.3/10-Outstanding
  7. Oct 30, 2012
    This will probably be the best game released by a major studio, that isn't a huge franchise (Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed), this year. That's hugely significant, and yet Borderlands 2 surpasses any and all expectations that come with that.

The game has a fantastic hook- basically Diablo with guns. That's a very interesting concept on paper, but when actually applied, is even better than you can imagine. You're constantly looking for better stuff, swapping and trading to completely arm yourself against the masses of enemies on Pandora. And trust me, you'll need it. Along with the guns, you have 4 (5 if you preordered or bought it) to choose from.

Along with that, the story is good. You're tasked with bringing down Handsome Jack, a tyrant who has Pandora in his grasp. This time it's not some lame, thrown together mess, like the first one. Rather than that, this story is compelling, emotional, and just good as a whole. Also, the game has stunning graphics. Even on a console they look vibrant, and I've seen it on PC as well. They're astonishing. The cel-shaded look really brings a slick, sugary layer to the violence that goes on in the game.

Overall, this game has almost no flaws that I can think of. Therefore, a perfect score. 10/10
  8. Oct 31, 2012
    This game is fantastic... its so much more fun than 1 see my review here at my school's site http://palyvoice.com/2012/10/30/borderlands-2-sets-the-bar-for-shooters/
  9. Oct 31, 2012
    The game is solid and is a much improved version of Borderlands 1. That being said this formula gets tired (at least for me) over time so I finished it with two different characters (Zero and Axton) then stopped and have no intention of bothering with the add-ons. To me it seems everyone races to level 50 then struggles to find Bee shields with slightly better stats than their other oneThe game is solid and is a much improved version of Borderlands 1. That being said this formula gets tired (at least for me) over time so I finished it with two different characters (Zero and Axton) then stopped and have no intention of bothering with the add-ons. To me it seems everyone races to level 50 then struggles to find Bee shields with slightly better stats than their other one and the fun of finding unique weapons eventually dies out a bit as well as finding all the collectables in the game. Absolutely worth a play and a great game but can't give it higher than an 8. Expand
  10. Nov 9, 2012
    I bought this game uncertain if I would enjoy it, but I took the chance and it was one of the best decisions I ever made as a religious gamer. Borderlands 2 is a genre like no other, being an RPG/FPS and feels like so many different great games all wrapped into one. I have played it non-stop (breaks for work and food of course) since the purchase and won't stop until I beat it completely.I bought this game uncertain if I would enjoy it, but I took the chance and it was one of the best decisions I ever made as a religious gamer. Borderlands 2 is a genre like no other, being an RPG/FPS and feels like so many different great games all wrapped into one. I have played it non-stop (breaks for work and food of course) since the purchase and won't stop until I beat it completely. The guns are amazing, the story is great, and the characters are funny and original. I've heard the co-op is tons of fun but I have been playing solo and having a blast. Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    My brother originally picked this title up because he and I love co-op games, and BL2 had well-reviewed co-op play. In this respect, and many others, it did not disappoint. Although there are occasional glitches, gameplay is generally smooth and very fun. The incredible variety of weapons and customization throughout really adds to the game, and there's just the right proportion ofMy brother originally picked this title up because he and I love co-op games, and BL2 had well-reviewed co-op play. In this respect, and many others, it did not disappoint. Although there are occasional glitches, gameplay is generally smooth and very fun. The incredible variety of weapons and customization throughout really adds to the game, and there's just the right proportion of humor to gameplay. Definitely a great buy, especially if you're looking for a game to play with someone else. Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    Never were a fan of looting games... thought i'd check this one out (also for coop with my wife)... it blew our mind. The gameplay in combination with the comicstyle, the looting system and all other features is simply ADDICTING (especially Splitcreen). Let me list up what i like:
    - Many variations of enemys and environments keep the game interesting even after tons of hours of playing
    - Different types of Rakks, Bandits, Midgets, Stalkers, Skags, Bullymongs, Threshers, Robots, Endbosses and more... (DLCs bring you more types of enemys like Pirates...)
    - Different environments in smooth transition: Deserts, Hills, Ice, Industrial, Urban and more...
    - TONS of weapons and gear: It will never be boring to use weapons and gear, because of the large variation
    - 50 Hours BEAST campaign: Unique characters in a funny world and a tough storyline keep you entertained and excited - Many comprehensive elements in story, environment, gear and characters
    - Remarkable villain-endboss, which leaves footprints everywhere in the world
    - No cutscenes, you experience most of the story in egoperspective
    - Many Endbossfights
    - Witty anecdotes
    - Many quests that give you a deeper look into Pandora
    - Balanced, not overpowered or underpowered classes
    - Motivating gameplay mechanics, that prevent that you get bored
  13. Dec 3, 2012
    A unique take on the FPS, it greatly improves upon it's predecessor with tons of gut/ns, glory, and EXPLOSIONS!

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  14. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is truly an upgrade from the first, which was still by far a a gem. Its fluid game play, "Biziliandy guns," and an incredibly memorable cast of characters and humor leaves just about nothing left to be desired. The DLC is also just as profound though quite shorter. If you love the loot mechanics and its FPS style and humor, don miss this game.
  15. Nov 19, 2012
    The BEST MMO type of game on consoles to date!! This game should be in the running for game of the year!! Lets get to it!!

Graphics = 9 Yes there still Cell Shaded. That said they are gorgeous! They are a step up from the original and there are a lot of new things and additions to the style they have developed that make your eyeballs want to pop out of your head! There are a few hiccups and graphical glitches here and there that could have been polished out but over all the game is beautiful!!

Gameplay = 10 The time you spend with your friends helping them out, leveling them up, finishing quests, trading weapons, and generally just having fun seems endless! The world seems Pandora seems alive and well, even if it is out to kill you every second your in it! The characters are very stylized and all are full of life as you would expect from the developers that gave life to claptrap! There are lots of creatures and baddies to kill of all different kinds and finding the right weapon for the job is half the fun. The boss fights are basically all about finding the soft spot and hitting it till the boss dies but its still fun and a good challenge. There are a butt load of weapons! They all act differently according to the manufacturer and the type of stats they have. The levels seem a little more linear than they did in the first game, this is something I personally loved and felt that it kept the game fast and furious instead of wandering around aimless in the same droll looking desert the whole game. Music/Sound EFX = 8 They went with the Dubstep sound track on this one... that said ..its a bit weak for Dubstep. For the most part the sound EFX are the same as the original game and don't really change much. So personally there's nothing really thought provoking or groundbreaking here. The only thing that really redeems the soundtrack is the voice acting! If it weren't for the great voice acting and character style this game would be an audio mess!! That said the characters are full of life and humor most of the time!

Controls = 9 The Controls are the same as the first game. Nothing has changed but they still feel natural and don't get in the way of the fun of the game! I guess it would be nice to have a little more customization to the controls but I really didn't find my self having problems with the defaults.

Replay = 10 Lots of re-playability with 5 classes and 1 expansion already out, it seems like there will be plenty
    of content to come. This game should be in every ones rotation for a long time to come! Over All! = 9 This is a Must have game for anyone who owns a gaming platform!!
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    Here's how this goes: put game in, start game up, hilarity ensues. Great game, very entertaining,but eventually repetitive. I can only start up the campaign and listen to Handsome Jack so many times. Still a solid 9.
  17. Nov 25, 2012
    It's an upgrade from BL1 plain a simple. What people don't seem to understand is that you don't play it once and that's it. It's meant to be played at least 2 times to reach max level and start play through 2.5. Your first time playing you might get to around level 35 or so before you beat the game. Your second play through starts True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM. Everything is scaled in theIt's an upgrade from BL1 plain a simple. What people don't seem to understand is that you don't play it once and that's it. It's meant to be played at least 2 times to reach max level and start play through 2.5. Your first time playing you might get to around level 35 or so before you beat the game. Your second play through starts True Vault Hunter Mode or TVHM. Everything is scaled in the beginning to your level and enemies are of course harder, you keep your weapons and gear from your previous play as well. Once you've beaten the game the second time that triggers play through 2.5, where pretty much everything is max level for that related monster or NPC and will drop the best possible level gear. Expand
  18. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is fantastic in combat. brilliant with combat and absolutely astounding with the amount of weapons that are in the game-play. I love the fact that there is a character fit for any gamers combat style whether it be that your a stealthy fighter (Zer0), a defensive and tactical fighter (Axton), an extreme powerhouse (Salvador) or a supportive fighter (Maya). The DLC character isThis game is fantastic in combat. brilliant with combat and absolutely astounding with the amount of weapons that are in the game-play. I love the fact that there is a character fit for any gamers combat style whether it be that your a stealthy fighter (Zer0), a defensive and tactical fighter (Axton), an extreme powerhouse (Salvador) or a supportive fighter (Maya). The DLC character is another great addition as Gaige is a deadly foe to have as in a second she can have her robot Death-trap obliterate you within a second. So it is with great honour that I give Borderlands 2 a 10/10. Expand
  19. Nov 27, 2012
    I played the first Borderlands which i really enjoyed. Borderlands 2 is a must have game in any gamers library. The group missions are awesome, challenging, and require team effort to complete. I have no complaints other than the matchmaking system can be improved, its a little difficult to navigate. For their first time implementing online multiplayer they sure did a great job. Like iI played the first Borderlands which i really enjoyed. Borderlands 2 is a must have game in any gamers library. The group missions are awesome, challenging, and require team effort to complete. I have no complaints other than the matchmaking system can be improved, its a little difficult to navigate. For their first time implementing online multiplayer they sure did a great job. Like i said, no real complaints here for this must have game and a huge improvement over the first. Expand
  20. May 27, 2013
    This is a super fun and funny game to play by yourself or especially with your friends the endless loot and humour of this game will keep you comming back for more. It plays much like the first with a few tweaks and an actual story behind the mayhem, great game!
  21. Dec 1, 2012
    Gearbox software is a game developer that has really developed itself over the years. A few mediocre Half-Life expansions, to the infamous Duke Nukem series are a few of the odd titles Gearbox has churned out over its lifespan. Undoubtedly, Borderlands 2 stands out as the crown jewel of Gearbox's vault of games. After sinking about 5 days worth of playtime into this game, only a few minorGearbox software is a game developer that has really developed itself over the years. A few mediocre Half-Life expansions, to the infamous Duke Nukem series are a few of the odd titles Gearbox has churned out over its lifespan. Undoubtedly, Borderlands 2 stands out as the crown jewel of Gearbox's vault of games. After sinking about 5 days worth of playtime into this game, only a few minor complaints are what stand in the way of it being absolutely flawless. Borderlands is a mash-up of two distinct genres, FPS and RPG. The two are blended seamlessly thanks to some truly genius developing on Gearbox's part. Players start at level 1 and shoot/loot their way all the way up to level 50 through a rather hilarious adventure involving many different locations to quest across. Enemies require more thought and skill to take down than the original Borderlands, and it makes for a fun trip that rarely ever feels like it's just another RPG grind. Bosses are challenging but not impossible, and some enemy types are pretty cool. Another part of the experience is a loot system that randomly generates guns, shields, class mods, grenade mods, and relics that scale to the players particular level. Things like damage, fire rate, and recharge speed are all determined based on the level of the item looted. The difficulty and levels of enemies scale nicely to the campaign's pace as well, which is more challenging to make happen than you might think. Gearbox has really created a memorable world here as well. There are only a few characters that I wish had a skip dialogue button, lighting effects are magnificent, and the visuals are generally aesthetically pleasing. Some textures are ridiculously pixelated, but it doesn't really detract from the shootin' and lootin'. There are also many, many pop culture references such as Lord of the Rings and Minecraft just to name a few. On the negative side, the frame rate can be a pretty big issue. The game has a hard time keeping up (especially on the 360) during intense shootouts to downright freezing for a good couple seconds during a double conference call shotgun rampage. Also, prepare to see the "fight for your life" screen quite a bit. You can easily get back up by making a quick kill but you may get frustrated trying to run through enemies, or doing a quest you maybe aren't quite high enough level for. These complaints aside, Borderlands 2 is a game any fan of FPS games or RPG games should buy. I'm still having fun with it far after I hit the level cap on my Gunzerker. Well done Gearbox, well done. Expand
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing. It has a very nice graphics and a wonderful cell shading style to it.
    I like how many guns there are in the game. One thing that is a bit annoying, is that there is no head shots, only critical hits. But you can get over that. I would recommend this game greatly for anyone who were a fan of the previous game .
  23. Dec 5, 2012
    I have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have aI have been playing this game at least three or four times a week since its release date and it has not yet failed to keep me entertained. The looting aspects and the high-octane gun fights keep me coming back for more. I rarely play without at least one more in my party and when you have a full four together it can be quite intense and satisfying. There are flaws (being able to have a four player brawl in Sanctuary would be amazing) but not enough so that it would keep me from playing. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys FPS and loot-based RPGs. Expand
  24. Dec 9, 2012
    Just a few words, great enjoyment, gearbox really did do a good job on game play, but the story is sh*t. It has cool bosses, but they aren't exciting and the game is just not a big challenge, you just respawn where you die
  25. Jan 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four startingI absolutely loved this game. It took everything that worked from the first game and improved upon it. Great visuals, fun & interesting characters and a great story. But the real star here is Handsome Jack: Best video game villain , EVER! If I had one bad thing to say about the game, it would be that it was a bit weak that they didn't try to be a bit more original with the four starting characters. They're basically next gen variations of the four main characters from borderlands 1. But the Mechromancer did change that a bit. Overall won of my favorite games of all time and a must buy for anyone with a passion for gaming. Expand
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    I realize a 10 essentially means the "perfect" game, and while not perfect I have not had so much fun in a long time with a game. BL2 builds upon the successful aspect of the first game, and fixes much of what was lacking in the first. The classes all now feel more viable, guns are better, the humor is more frequent, it is a very well constructed game. It isn't just a copy paste like manyI realize a 10 essentially means the "perfect" game, and while not perfect I have not had so much fun in a long time with a game. BL2 builds upon the successful aspect of the first game, and fixes much of what was lacking in the first. The classes all now feel more viable, guns are better, the humor is more frequent, it is a very well constructed game. It isn't just a copy paste like many games today. Expand
  27. Jan 1, 2013
    Everythig about this game says streamlined,professional,ingenious,witty, comical, hilarious, and of course, VIOLENT! I was skeptical starting this game, but now, i can't stop! it's rich storyline, nonsensical characters, intricate gameplay, and of course the millions of weapons available make this a gem to keep you enraptured for a long time.
  28. Jan 2, 2013
    I don't know where to start with this review so I'll just start and keep it simple. Borderlands 2 is one of the finest games of the year, it appeals to so many sensitivities in the gamer in all of us. This is a must play for any shooter/rpg fan. One of 2012's must play games, heck one of this console generations must plays.

I've played through twice one in tvh mode and now I'm in for

I've played through twice one in tvh mode and now I'm in for a third. This game is addictive and has tons of replay value, plus more dlc and level cap increase are on the way.

Play this game!!!
  29. Jan 12, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a game that gets just about everything right, including the two most important parts of an Action RPG, the Action and the RPG both of which are superb in this game.

Unlike a lot of games where all the guns only serve as a means to kill the enemy, in Borderlands 2 each type of gun is significantly different to the others to give you reason to choose whether to use the pistol or the sniper, this becomes even more varied with the different weapon manufacturers which gives all the weapons in the game their own unique characteristics. The icing on this cake is the elemental damage a lot of weapons offer, which if used right can make an important difference when killing some of the tougher enemies. All of which is supplemented by the fact the actual game engine is on par with any of the dedicated FPS shooters out there including the current king Call of Duty.

As good as all this is though, on it's own it would soon get boring, and that's where the RPG element comes in, not only do you have a variety of locations to explore, and some rather interesting characters to interact with but like any RPG a leveling system not only serves to improve your characters signature special power but also keeps the game challenging. You will find yourself facing tough enemies any time you enter a new area, really making you work for your kills and XP, but later on when you return to these area you will find yourself levels above the enemies allowing you the godlike satisfaction of mowing them down without breaking a sweat. As you continue through the game this up and down roller-coaster continues making sure the game gives you both a pretty decent challenge but also a whole lot of fun.

So to recap, Borderlands 2 is an awesome game... but wait... it gets better.

Unlike a lot of games where the downloadable content adds very little to the game other than to get more of your money into publisher hands, Borderlands 2 actually delivers DLC that is just as good as the main game, giving you reason to either break from the main story or return to the game.

Perhaps the best bit of Borderlands 2, the developers haven't shoe-horned in Multiplayer modes into it, there is no Team Deathmatch or King of the Hill, no flags to capture or bases to hold, just you and up to 3 other people running round Pandora, shooting and looting and occasionally getting your butts handed to you buy some of the games harder bosses.

This for me is the game of 2012.
  30. Feb 5, 2013
    This game is so good awesome gameplay the co-op is so much fun and there is so much content me and my friend are trying to do everything we have like 75 hours and we still have like 70 missions left even the villain is good but the story is just ok but you dont play it for story but anyways get this game
  31. Feb 14, 2013
    Not perfect, but better than the first Borderlands (DLC notwithstanding) Full Review Here http://alloyseven.com/articles/game/item/65-borderlands2review
  32. Feb 21, 2013
    As someone who put countless days into the original, nobody was more excited for this game than I. Borderlands 2, is without a shadow of doubt, a Masterpiece! The nonsensical story of the first game, has been twisted, molded, morphed, and in some areas beaten to work with the new one. Explaining every action taken in the original. The new characters added are unique in their abilities, andAs someone who put countless days into the original, nobody was more excited for this game than I. Borderlands 2, is without a shadow of doubt, a Masterpiece! The nonsensical story of the first game, has been twisted, molded, morphed, and in some areas beaten to work with the new one. Explaining every action taken in the original. The new characters added are unique in their abilities, and personalities. Speaking of characters many from the original return, and have only gotten better with age. New NPCs added fit right in with the desperate wasteland. The majority of the game is spent fighting the Hyperion Corporation from the first game, under their new CEO: Handsome Jack. Amazing writing, and acting make this villain one the best to ever touch a game. The loot system is back, and more varied then before. With each manufacturer having a unique perk to their weapons. The driving has been greatly improved, (Thank God) they even have a few driving missions. The humor in this game is top-notch, even dark humor after dramatic events (Though terrible) still gets a chuckle. Borderlands 2 is a game you can play for months, and not lose interest. Playing with friends in co-op only increase the experience, as enemies become tougher, and more varied with elemental attacks. If you're a fan of the original, buy this game. If you're a fan of shooters, buy this game. If you're a fan of loot, buy this game. If you're a fan of feeling like a badass, buy this game. Expand
  33. Mar 11, 2013
    One of the funnest games I've played in recent memory. The constant weapon/shield/class mod upgrades, BadAss points, skill tree and character outfit customization make this game very addicting. Online play is superb and very engaging. If you're looking for something to take over your life. This is the game. Highly recommend it.
  34. Apr 17, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games so be warned, I might be a bit biased. :)
    I honestly feel that of all my Xbox360 games (and I do have quite a few) this is the one that was the best "investment". As many have said before me, this is exactly what a sequel should be: bigger, better, smoother but still basically the same.
    I have never been disappointed in this game, every time I play it a
    This is one of my favorite games so be warned, I might be a bit biased. :)
    I have never been disappointed in this game, every time I play it a smile appears on my face that won't go away until it's time to go to sleep (I do have to work, sadly). There is a ton of content in this game, the gunplay never gets old and the characters are different enough that you need to approach situations very differently depending which one you use.
    I just wish more of my friends would play it so we could do more co-op. Sadly, they are mostly BF3 fanatics.
  35. May 22, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a huge success. I didn't play the first one but heard and saw enough of the second one for me to be interested. I have to say, I thought it was a great game. Of course no game is perfect and it has its blemishes, like this game. But overall you play a incredibly well produced balanced game with a huge amount of depth.
  36. Apr 14, 2013
    This game makes my peepee hard. Great dialogue, possibly the best villain EVER, and tight controls. I'm not even a fan of FPS, but I loved every second of this game.
  37. Apr 14, 2013
    I loved the first borderlands and now I love the second one. I love collecting loot, especially gun loot that are randomly generated every time. I usually ignore the harder difficulties that some bosses posses and kill them so quick just to find the next awesome loot the perfectly suits my playing style. Yet, when playing in the awesome 4 player co-op, its not so awesome when loot instI loved the first borderlands and now I love the second one. I love collecting loot, especially gun loot that are randomly generated every time. I usually ignore the harder difficulties that some bosses posses and kill them so quick just to find the next awesome loot the perfectly suits my playing style. Yet, when playing in the awesome 4 player co-op, its not so awesome when loot inst shared between everyone! Lets just say, when a gun drops, the whole group will run to that gun and rapidly press X to get the gun first and this is extremely frustrating! Sort this out Gearbox! But, moving away from loot, the storyline is epic. Its hilarious, crazy and just overall amazing. Some lines that characters come out with too are incredible, especially Handsome Jack who persistently taunts you with funny one liners. Bosses and mini-bosses are great, they are all varied with wild names, like Flesh-stick. Some characters are dull, but those dull characters are removed from your skull because of the brilliantly designed characters found in the game, like CL4P-TR4P and Handsome Jack. The characters from the original borderlands also make a return which help you complete your quest to ultimate destiny! Overall, this game is amazing and is probably the best game of 2012, aside from Far Cry 3 of course!

Melson97
  38. Rem
    Jul 10, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a step up from the original in every way, but there are technical issues and annoyances that keep it from becoming what it should be. The graphics this time around while similar in style, things are spiced up from the original by showcasing more variety in the environment and scope. The story this time around from the original's bare bones plot becomes one of the mostBorderlands 2 is a step up from the original in every way, but there are technical issues and annoyances that keep it from becoming what it should be. The graphics this time around while similar in style, things are spiced up from the original by showcasing more variety in the environment and scope. The story this time around from the original's bare bones plot becomes one of the most hilarious and interesting ones this year thanks to solid writing an a witty villain. The gameplay is kept from the original but with improvements that make it better. However, the biggest annoyance is the framerate and the fact everything can happen at once. You will find moments where you are being pelted by bullet while listening to a log then a story log cuts in and starts playing all while your shields start bleeping and everything drops to low frames. It can be truly messy and annoying but that does not stop this game from being one of the best I've played in 2012. Expand
  39. Apr 23, 2013
    There is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless daysThere is nothing negative about Borderlands 2. They expanded on everything that they needed to, and made little changes to everything that they needed to change to make it feel different from Borderlands one, which I invested an entire summer into, leveling my soldier to level 57. I feel like I'll be playing Borderlands 2 for much longer than I played one, and I have logged countless days into leveling my assassin since day one to where I am, as well as digging into other characters. I would give this game infinity/10 if I could, but I can't, so I'll give it 10/10. Live long Zero!!!! Expand
  40. Apr 25, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last fewBorderlands 2 is everything a great sequel should be; it takes the best aspects of the original and expands upon them, improves any weak points of the original and, makes sure that it does not feel like a repackaged version of the original. 2K Games and Gearbox have created a fantastic, unique and engaging FPS, with Handsome Jack being one of the best video game villains of the last few years. Do not presume this is just Borderlands 1.5, this is a great new visit to Pandora. Expand
  41. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the originalThis game is great! The graphic are unique and the gameplay is awesome! With over one bajillion different guns, you will never get bored of the loot you will get. There are many interesting characters and the quests are fun and interesting. The co-op is flawless with the ability to take on harder challenges with your friends. Although, the characters are basically the same as the original Borderlands characters with the exception of Salvador and Gaige. Also, there are lots of texture pop-ins which annoy me but it doesn't take away from the game. The story is interesting and I have to give 2K a big thumbs up for Handsome Jack as he is one of the most well scripted villains of 2012! There is also customization in this game with hats and skins for your suit. Overall, this game surpasses Borderlands and is one of the best 'shoot and loot' games of 2012. Expand
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    Uber,Superb, Addicting, Brutal and Flashy. Who doesn't want to see hostile midgets that run after you with their axes get shredded in damage of fire and explosives? What about giant behemoth super badasses smashing down on your last percentage of health and in that brink of the moment you have to survive and switch out to your rocket launcher that shoots like 20 missiles of shock bolts?Uber,Superb, Addicting, Brutal and Flashy. Who doesn't want to see hostile midgets that run after you with their axes get shredded in damage of fire and explosives? What about giant behemoth super badasses smashing down on your last percentage of health and in that brink of the moment you have to survive and switch out to your rocket launcher that shoots like 20 missiles of shock bolts? What about duel wielding two automatic explosive elemental snipers that makes you feel like a raining wave of destructive only to be met with the same force of agression by the smart A.Is? This game is a must have for the addictive nature of its FPS smoothness. IT FEELS GREAT KILLING THE CHALLENGES OF PANDORA.

But that's the thing. Borderlands 2 CHALLENGES you to play smart or rage quit and try again at the first and second playthrough of the game. Some of the bosses are just brain melting that I needed to take a rest from because I wanted to beat them so bad but I couldn't because most of the times it is just unfair because you don't have the right weapons or there are just damage insta killers that are frustratingly hard to avoid. SO just take your time, pull out some of your hair from your scalp. respawn and try again

The humor is flat out funny and constant throughout the game with the special uber characters that give you awesomely well down side-quest. It doesn't feel like a chore anymorike in the first borderlands. Side-quest are a thing that makes you want to play the game even more. Most of the side-quest are even leads to the hundreds of well down easter eggs. THe dialog is priceless and fits into the game and story-line perfectly like children and candy.

The villian. Handsome Jack is probably the best or even the most epic bastard villians in my gaming experiences. You just want to straggle him until his eyes pop out because his the evil done so well that messes with you so very damn good. Example? I think his like the GLaDOS (Portal series) of Borderlands 2. Always teasing you and joking at you while you try to survive the thousands of enemies and wild lide tht he casually sends at your friends and you.

THe story is very well done and emotionally driven towards the end game even with all of the silliness, it's very serious. So grab a couple of friends and play this majestic game together in divine perfection.. Though it could of been better.
  43. Jun 5, 2013
    This game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to playThis game improves on the original perfectly, and is just a superb and superior game. It's got all the elements. Very engaging, multiplayer co-op is awesome, graphics, sound, story, first person shooting with RPG maneuverability, open world convergence and a loot and upgrade system across character classes just being epic. The game has it all, just wished my kids were old enough to play such an encompassing game but for adults, it's just fun and chock full. The game inclusions are second to none, a real delight and best overall game I have played on the XBox with every single incorporation. I hope they make a Borderlands 3 on the new XBox One. Such a good game that could be even more creatively added to with more compute power of the newer Xbox One platform. I look forward in wait and anticipation of an even mega Borderlands in the future. Expand
  44. Jun 19, 2013
    Truly great experience the characters were funny the story was great the game is addicting. I played through the story many times and it never gets old, and I will continue to play it through out the summer until GTA 5 comes out.
  45. Aug 18, 2013
    I was skeptical at first,but when I got into it i was so Astonished.This game is one of the best Comic type games,i love the 4 Co play that's a rare feature in split screen not many games do that they require connection or going on line well i don't do that,i'm more of a single player.This is a good game to [buy]
  46. Jun 29, 2013
    In my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines the replayability, and addictiveness of Diablo, with its loot drops and RPG elements, with the gameplay of a Call of Duty game. Pure genius! This game is amazing and the DLCs are superb. If you have not played either games, do yourself a favour and pick upIn my humble opinion, Borderlands 2 is the best game in this console generation and perhaps ever made. Imagine a game that combines the replayability, and addictiveness of Diablo, with its loot drops and RPG elements, with the gameplay of a Call of Duty game. Pure genius! This game is amazing and the DLCs are superb. If you have not played either games, do yourself a favour and pick up Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, which features all 4 DLCs and is packed with hours upon hours upon hours upon hours of great gaming fun. Then, after you have levelled all 4 characters up to 61, you can pick up B2. If you love shooters and are a sucker for loot drops and RPGing, Borderlands 2 will not disappoint. Does anything even come close? Only Borderlands 1. Expand
  47. Jul 9, 2013
    Great game. Very fun. Very funny and im glad i tried it. They made this game very well. I cant think of any problem other than the loot being the kind that only spawns once so whoever gets it gets it and no one else (for the guns anyway). Other than that its all good.
  48. Jul 26, 2013
    I have played through this game about 1.5 times. It is an absolute masterpiece of gaming. Great characters, rewarding loot, and infinite weapon combos. Do not doubt buying this game. One of the best fps/RPGs of this generation.
  49. Aug 13, 2013
    I got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in laterI got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in later playthroughs. right now i'm on my 9th playthrough and i still have fun playing through this game. I enjoy this and this is my go to game when i just wanna go and find a good time to play in. Expand
  50. Aug 17, 2013
    A game that plays on being a complete badass and the fun aspect of modern fps games. With an interesting world to explore, fun and addictive gameplay. With very memorable characters and over 1 bajillion guns and easter eggs to keep you on your feet as a vault hunter.
  51. Aug 19, 2013

Tons of low-brow humor and fun to be had here.
  52. Jan 2, 2014
    Very fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping isVery fun game. I was bursting out laughing for the first half hour. There is a clap-trap that follows you around and he is hilarious. The graphics are incredible and the world is full of life. I have only a few quarrels with this game: They did away with the amazing assault rifle from the first Borderlands and made them all do less damage and have less accuracy. Also, the sniping is much more difficult as the cross-hairs is very wobbly. The last one is that this game is pretty much made solely for co-op. It's not that you cannot enjoy this game on your own, but it is clearly intended to be play with another person. I had a great time playing with my friend but when he left (we're both married), it was difficult to continue on without him. My wife couldn't really get into the game either so I've been stuck in a limbo on playing it. Also, because the assault rifles aren't great and the sniping is annoying, it is hard for me to choose a character. It also seems like the character's special abilities are pretty lame compared to the previous characters (I really miss Mordecai's Bloodwing). But this is still a great game and I plan on convincing my wife to give it another try! One last thing, if you have played the previous Borderlands, there are tons of jokes in this one for you. Enjoy! Expand
  53. Nov 8, 2013
    The game is improved greatly from its predecessor. The collecting loot is addicting and the multiplayer is very fun. This game is a must have for coop buddies or couples. 9/10
  54. Feb 20, 2014
    If I where stuck in a room, with only one game to play forever, it would be Borderlands 2. After 18 months of playing this game, and still not tiring from it at all, I can easily say this is the best game ever made. Can wait to do it all again when it comes out on the PlayStation Vita.
  55. Nov 27, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is a shameless loot grind.

Sorry... let me rephrase that.

Borderlands 2 is an extremely fun shameless loot grind, with great humor, wonderful cooperative play, tons of exploration, and wall sphincters.
  56. Aug 18, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game to play with friends. Collecting loot is as fun as ever, and the story is hilarious the whole time. It is just as good, if not better, than it's predecessor.
  57. May 10, 2014
    I have put almost 300 hours into this game. It is really one of the most re-playable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The story is much better than the first, and the characters seem much more relatable and "real". On top of that, the game is hilarious. All the classes serve a specific role and are mostly pretty balanced and fun to play. However, there are a few minorI have put almost 300 hours into this game. It is really one of the most re-playable experiences I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The story is much better than the first, and the characters seem much more relatable and "real". On top of that, the game is hilarious. All the classes serve a specific role and are mostly pretty balanced and fun to play. However, there are a few minor annoyances that prevent the game from a perfect score.

However, there have always been a few problems with this game that stem directly from the gameplay.

First of all, about 15-20% of the weapons are completely useless. Not even considering rarity. All of the shotguns SUCK except for legendaries and one type that improves accuracy as you shoot (like Moxxi's Heartbreaker). 99% of the needle guns are useless. The sledge ball guns are awful. Meanwhile, find a plasma caster of the same level and rarity, and you can literally rape everything with little to no effort. The weapons are horribly unbalanced sometimes.

The Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is also annoying to play. It isn't hard as much as it feels cheap. You can get downed, barely get a revival off of a nearby enemy, but only to get taken down to 5% of your health immediately and go down again. It is very frustrating and really only feels cheap instead of challenging. I have always felt that the second-wind system could be improved much more than it is. (Also, waiting a full half minute to respawn compared to the original is annoying)

The baddass rank system sucks as well. It basically maxes out at +10% to all your stats, which requires at least a couple hundred hours of playing. 10% to all your stats isn't really anything. Turning it off is honestly negligible. The old weapon proficiency system was much better and rewarding.

The game has a low framerate too, in places such as Murderlin's temple I would go below twenties. That is shameful on a 360.

And not being able to redeem gold keys without xbox live gold? That's **** stupid.

Regardless, the game is awesome and everyone who likes shooters and RPG's should play this one.
  58. Dec 31, 2013
    Improves in every way possible over the first, but for some reason I didn't like it as much. Maybe it just felt too familiar? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was just too much. I still enjoyed it a lot though, just not as much.

Borderlands 2 gets an 8.4/10
  59. Jan 12, 2014
    I loved this game, it had a great campaign and playing online was just amazing, the DLC is really good if you loved the campaign as much as I did and want to play more ! :) (I have played more than 3 days all up on it)
  60. Feb 5, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over allBorderlands 2 is an all around fun game. The loot is infinite! Not really but you get the point. there is so much loot. over all the game has an amazing story line with 4 play through's. The mobs have amazing and very fun commentary. And it adds a hole new feel to the game with coop mode. you can trade loot and money with other people, not to mention the risks of dueling Items. over all this is a spectacular game and i cant wait for Borderlands 3. Expand
  61. Mar 2, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them withBorderlands 2 is a strange game, unlike any others. The graphics, combat and voice acting are a beautiful combo. The graphics are the main feature that separates Borderlands 2 for others, they are cartoonish and it works so well. There is literally no end to the amount of guns in Borderlands 2, and most guns are elemental, meaning you can light your enemies on fire, melt them with corrosive damage, electrocute them, and so much more. The voice acting is probably the strangest thing, although there is no direct curse words in here, there are so many vulgar references, funny for adults and older teens, but probably not a good thing for youngins. Definitely a great game, no doubt. Expand
  62. Mar 2, 2014
    First person shooter, levelling up system, bosses, classes, loot- Diablo with guns.

Pros: Funny story. Imaginative. Great enimies. Great cell shaded graphics. Highly addictive. Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN. Amazing levelling tree. Chaotic and fun. Challenging. Great length of about 40 hrs+. S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats. Claptrap, and other characters

Pros:
    Funny story.
    Imaginative.
    Great enimies.
    Great cell shaded graphics.
    Highly addictive.
    Fun multiplayer with SPLITSCREEN.
    Amazing levelling tree.
    Chaotic and fun.
    Challenging.
    Great length of about 40 hrs+.
    S*** load of guns, all unque, stats, stats, stats.
    Claptrap, and other characters are well voiced and written.

Cons:
    Not really fun as single player, basically once you go to multi, being single seems boring.
    Vehicles needed more use.
  63. Mar 18, 2014
    Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place.Borderlands 1, with better skills, better skill trees, more guns, and violence. This is the epitome of a the FPS RPG hybrid genre, For those Call of Duty players interested in this title, don't be expecting a fast trigger finger to be all you need. Plotting out your skills, your class mod, not to mention taking the right weapons into battle, all make the difference in what takes place. Plenty of side quests and DLC to keep you playing for days. Expand
  64. Apr 19, 2014
    BL is hands down my all time favorite series (I love the cel-shaded visual style and the mashing of FPS+RPG). BL2's storyline is much more engaging than BL1.The second installment has even more humor than the first, with more quirky characters. I'm playing as Maya, the siren. The skill trees in BL2 have more to choose from than BL1 and they even added skin/head color/style choices for yourBL is hands down my all time favorite series (I love the cel-shaded visual style and the mashing of FPS+RPG). BL2's storyline is much more engaging than BL1.The second installment has even more humor than the first, with more quirky characters. I'm playing as Maya, the siren. The skill trees in BL2 have more to choose from than BL1 and they even added skin/head color/style choices for your character. The maps for different areas of Pandora spread out more than BL1, so there are even more creatures and bandits to score loot from.
    The side missions are just as humorous and aid in gaining experience. Without the side missions, it gets a little tough to run through the main story line as a single player. Luckily my bf can easily join my game and help me out if I don't feel like spending some time leveling up with side missions. I haven't completed the entire game with Maya, but I do plan to play all 4 main characters. That's how awesome this game is. I can't get enough.
  65. Apr 29, 2014
    Just became a memeber and just want to say borderlands 2 goty year edition
    Is awsome and amazing having so much fun playing with family and friends
    If you havent played it what you watin for enjoy
  66. May 17, 2014
    This game is great !! first one was good and it's just better !! exploration, missions, fu**** sick guns, insane shooting action, cool graphics, funny characters, etc.

buy it if you dont have it

can't wait for the next one
  67. Jul 23, 2014
    I've sunk around 800 hours over 2 years into BL2. I just finished off all of the dlc and have finally had my fill. This is a game designed to be replayed over and over and provides so much gameplay/shooting for the price it.
  68. May 31, 2014
    This game will always be my favorite because of how good the 4 player co-op is. If you want a game were you can sit back have a couple of laughs and play with some friends this is the perfect game. The characters, witty dialog, map, guns, loot, and gameplay are just some of the things that make this game great. It takes everything from the original and makes it better like all sequelsThis game will always be my favorite because of how good the 4 player co-op is. If you want a game were you can sit back have a couple of laughs and play with some friends this is the perfect game. The characters, witty dialog, map, guns, loot, and gameplay are just some of the things that make this game great. It takes everything from the original and makes it better like all sequels should and it make you want to play more. The best way to experience this game is with some friends. Definitely the best game to come out in 2012 and i cant wait for borderlands the pre-sequel . Expand
  69. Jul 9, 2014
    Borderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each playerBorderlands 2 is a game that will make you laugh while you enjoy exploring the world around you. I play the game again and again and I always find something new or funny that i didn't find before. Also has one of the best villains that you love to hate in a long time. The only reason Borderlands 2 gets a 9 and not a 10 is because when in multiplayer the loot is not separate to each player but shared making getting one of the BAZILLION new guns hard when not playing with a friend. Never the less, this is a great game I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun enjoyable time. Expand
  70. Dec 16, 2014
    this is one of the best games of this generation uniuque conicept until destiny bascally stole its ideas funny characters like claptrap and borderlands 2 is one of the best and most uniuqe game of last gen
  71. Dec 20, 2014
    A mix between a role playing game and a first person shooter. How could that turn out? Fortunately, it turned out pretty awesome. I haven't played the first game but I know about it's ending. The game starts with the vault from the first game containing an element called eridium in it, and an evil bad guy organization called the Hyperion corporation is using the eridium to advanceA mix between a role playing game and a first person shooter. How could that turn out? Fortunately, it turned out pretty awesome. I haven't played the first game but I know about it's ending. The game starts with the vault from the first game containing an element called eridium in it, and an evil bad guy organization called the Hyperion corporation is using the eridium to advance technology and tame the savage alien world known as Pandora. The leader handsome jack wants to find a vault that has an unknown power in it called the warrior. Four new vault hunters come to Pandora on a train looking for the same vault, but handsome jack leaves a surprise for them and blows up the train. The vault hunters are lead to safety by a female AI known as angel and a robot known as Claptrap. They join a resistance group and try to stop Handsome jack and get to the vault first. There are some very unexpected twists and most of the characters are memorable. Handsome jack is a very dickish villain, and I like that because most video game villains these days have no personality. And claptrap is hilarious and my all time favorite robot now. (Sorry r2-d2) The gameplay is superb. At the beginning you choose one of the four vault hunters as your character. There's the commando, siren, gunzerker, and assassin. Each one has their own unique abilities and skill trees to upgrade. You have the world of pandora to explore, and fast travel anywhere in it. It's very diverse, there's a snowy place, desert, acid caves, mountains, a city, and a it's absolutely huge and you can drive around it also. There are story missions and side missions, and you'll need to do missions to level up your character, because the enemies get pretty tough. There really are a gazillion guns, and you will rarely come across the same gun twice. Some have elemental effects such as fire or electricity. The enemies range from measly little bandits to gigantic worms with tentacles. The enemies are challenging and have there own weaknesses. You also earn badass tokens for completing challenges, and badass tokens permanently upgrade stats such as maximum health or melee damage across all four characters. The graphics in this game are plain awesome, when standing atop a mountain or tower you can see so much of pandora around you. The cel shaded art style fits well with this game and makes it more colorful and fits along with the humorous tone. The sound is great, at times this cool futuristic action music play, and all the guns sound different and distinct. The voice acting is convincing, and there are a lot of funny moments and stupid jokes thrown in there to make you laugh. So, do you like RPGs? Then buy it. Like open world games? Buy it. First person shooters? BUY IT!!! This game exceeded my expectations and gave me more than what I asked for. My only real complaint is that it can be cheap sometimes and kill you out of knowhere. And navigation can be slightly annoying, but those are just nitpicks. For 20 bucks, your getting 200-250 hours worth of game time , so this is definitely something you should get. Expand
  72. Apr 27, 2015
    While Borderlands may been known for it's wacky (and brilliant) world, Borderland's 2 also does shooting and Role Playing so well that it feels like a true adventure.
  73. Jun 19, 2015
    What isn't to like about this game? Lots of areas to explore, infinite gun possibilities, great A.I., and awesome 4 player coop. The graphics on Xbox 360 look pretty good and the frame-rate seems stable.
  74. Oct 20, 2015
    THIS GAME ROCKS. This is my favorite game to date. The environments had a lot of replayability, the boss battles were memorable, and the loot was 2nd to none. Played this game and all of its DLC. The DLC overall was good, but the 2nd DLC was lacking. My only complaint is that more people do not own this game, so there aren't as many match making lobbies as there should be.
  75. Nov 30, 2015
    Incredibly fun game, and one of my favorites. A huge improvement over the first game, itself a great one. Some of the most satisfying gunplay in any first person shooter, and the variety of the randomized guns that you can find dropped by enemies, in vending machines, chests, and random piles of rubbish gives the game an addictive quality. The writing is great (although, admittedly, theIncredibly fun game, and one of my favorites. A huge improvement over the first game, itself a great one. Some of the most satisfying gunplay in any first person shooter, and the variety of the randomized guns that you can find dropped by enemies, in vending machines, chests, and random piles of rubbish gives the game an addictive quality. The writing is great (although, admittedly, the humor can be sort of hit-and-miss at times) and the presentation is very slick looking, offering a more pleasing aesthetic than its predecessor while maintaining the same general look. Tons of fun both single-player and co-op. Expand
  76. Mar 2, 2016
    For me this is one of the best games of all time.300+Hours into it and i am still having fun,not for everyone but definitely the game for me.The wasteland of Pandora is one of my favourite places to be,along with the all the sick psychopats and megalomaniacs around.
  77. Apr 4, 2016
    Not only is Borderlands 2 a phenomenal sequel that improves on the great ideas Gearbox used with the original in 2009, it manages to add new ideas that make it even more fun. Gearbox's unique style and sense of humor blend perfectly together with the superb gunplay, leveling, and loot system. Borderlands 2 isn't just a sequel that surpasses its predecessor in every single way, its one ofNot only is Borderlands 2 a phenomenal sequel that improves on the great ideas Gearbox used with the original in 2009, it manages to add new ideas that make it even more fun. Gearbox's unique style and sense of humor blend perfectly together with the superb gunplay, leveling, and loot system. Borderlands 2 isn't just a sequel that surpasses its predecessor in every single way, its one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  78. Jul 23, 2016
    Borderlands 2 is a game like no other. I am possibly the biggest fan of customization within a game that has ever lived and this game offers just that. From the millions of different weapons to skill trees to Badass Points and more, this game allows you to play the way YOU want to play. Along with the amazing amount of variety in player customization, there is also a tremendous amount ofBorderlands 2 is a game like no other. I am possibly the biggest fan of customization within a game that has ever lived and this game offers just that. From the millions of different weapons to skill trees to Badass Points and more, this game allows you to play the way YOU want to play. Along with the amazing amount of variety in player customization, there is also a tremendous amount of variety in the enemies and settings you encounter. The landscapes are beautifully done and the amount of places you travel is simply astonishing. I have played through this game 3 times so far and still love every minute of it. I have yet to find a game (besides Borderlands 1) that can compare. If you enjoyed playing Borderlands 1 or are simply looking for a game that offers endless amounts of replay value derived from its sensational amount of customization (or if you love loot!!!), look no further. TRY THIS GAME. :) Expand
  79. Sep 9, 2016
    The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing,The first question people will likely ask is, "Does this game live up to BL1 and DLC?" and that answer is a resounding "Yes!" The second question, "Is it better than BL1?" and the answer is "Yes...for the most part." So what's improved? Better gun mechanics (sound and feel), more humor, more frequent boss and sub-boss battles, easier to get a co-op game going and see who's online playing, character skill trees are improved, friends can select quests in co-op games rather than having to tell the "party leader" to do it, the new enemies are well designed, you can now dismember baddies, you can now tag items in your inventory as "trash" or "favorite" so you remember what to sell next time at the vending machine, you can now directly trade with people, you automatically pick up money and ammo (but thankfully not loot) and combat is more organic (enemies take cover, flank you, dodge attacks).

So what's the negatives? The new menus are clunky and difficult to parse, missions still consist of mostly "shoot that" or "find this," driving mechanics are about the same (though thankfully you don't take damage from hitting enemies as much), level design can be really confusing at times even with the new HUD mini map and sometimes there's simply too much dialogue happening simultaneously. For example if you're playing co-op the first big town you get to is a total cluster as multiple characters are introducing themselves cutting off the others dialogue. I find myself saying, "what is going on?" much more regularly during this game than BL1. That said, these are only minor complaints and the additions far outweigh the handful of small issues. In short, if you loved the first BL stop reading this review and go pick up the sequel!.
  80. Apr 18, 2017
    Simply attractive game!
    looking at my playing hours so far could tell its awesomeness!
    graphic : 8
    sound : 8
    story : 7 (crazy and silly)
    gameplay : 10 ( its an endless fun)
  81. Apr 2, 2017
    Borderlands 2 does EVERYTHING better than its predecessor!!
    The game itself is a post apocalyptic/space western RPG game blended with a FPS shooter. Honestly, if you like games like Diablo and Call of Duty, you'll REALLY enjoy this game.
    Best of all, its funny, flashy and best of all, has LOTS of guns!! It's main feature is the campaign and doesn't have competitive multiplayer, BUT
    Borderlands 2 does EVERYTHING better than its predecessor!!
    Best of all, its funny, flashy and best of all, has LOTS of guns!!

It's main feature is the campaign and doesn't have competitive multiplayer, BUT it does have 4 player co-op which gets more difficult and rewarding when you have more players in your team. (max 4)

Along with it's DLC, this game will last you a good month with regular game play. (Possibly more with multiple playthroughs) There are 4 different UNIQUE and two optional DLC ones. Each with their own powers, skill tree, personalities and play-style.

It's only drawbacks is traveling when you first start and moving to fast travel locations. On-foot movement is sluggish and make the game boring when you've revisited or explored an area mutliple times.
    Also, a few of the quests can get repetitive, but getting loot makes it rewarding enough to balance the repetition.

OVERALL: Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game and blends a lot of good ideas in an entertaining experience single player or with friends!!
  82. Mar 21, 2017
    Este juego seguro que bajo el mismisimo Zeus a programarlo, hilarante, dificil, con un cell shading muy bien trabajado, misiones secundarias divertidas de hacer, con un contenido abundante y por Dios un DLC bastante competente, de los pocos que valen lo que cuestan!

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.