8.2

1. Aug 13, 2013
    I got in late on the Borderlands series but i must say that Boderlands 2 is way better than borderlands 1 it has the Comedy, fun gameplay, good graphics, and a hella bunch of guns (which is what the game is known for). The enemies are fun to fight and loot is awesome to find. but the game also has a few boring points and annoying points that you just beg to get past especially in later playthroughs. right now i'm on my 9th playthrough and i still have fun playing through this game. I enjoy this and this is my go to game when i just wanna go and find a good time to play in. Expand
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    Overall, this game is a reboot of Borderlands 1 with some gameplay tweaks to make the game harder and the Vault Hunters more vulnerable. With its focus on being a "badass," Borderlands 2 lost the charm that the original Borderlands had. Perhaps this is the way of catering to the next generation. The addition of Crawmerax-style bosses after the fight was nice. But the inclusion of hundreds of other vaults kind of sucked the wind out of the game, and the DLCs so far haven't helped any. Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    I've been really astounded by how much the devs of this title have been able to blend shooter elements and RPG elements, overall making it an RPG. The idea is stunning and the game turns out to be stunning as well.
  4. Oct 12, 2012
    Let me start by saying I LOVED #1. I'm trying to love #2 but i can't. It's so repetitive and same thing over and over.

I didn't finish it and not sure i will -Game was fun but got boring quickly.
    This review was for single player only, as i never go on-line.
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    I didn't play the first one but that's okay because this game rules. That's a well spent 65 bucks right here. Fun, funny, enjoyable, thrilling and awe-inspiring. Yeah, man
  6. Oct 22, 2012
    Love this game in all aspects. Great Story,Sound, Graphics and Game-play. Must own for any Borderlands, BioSchock or end of the world fans. Looking forward to all additional DLC. 10/10
  7. Feb 4, 2013
    If this game is a crowd pleaser then I suggest that the crowd has confused fun for addictiveness. The game is loaded with Skinner box techniques designed to keep you playing, but the gameplay itself is weak and poorly designed. The humor is mediocre and the plot is atrocious. This game is much cheaper now, so think about picking it up for 30 bucks, as I did. That price is much more in line with its actual quality. Expand
  8. Oct 30, 2012
    I have played many hours of this game and can honestly say it is fantastic!!! After all this time since playing Borderlands I forgot just how awesome it was until I played this fantastic upgrade from the original. This game is hilarious and the game play is still fantastic. If this game didn't seem like a complete copy of the original I'd give it a perfect 10.
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    Only one of the masterpieces of this console generation! While other game developers fall all over themselves trying to ape Call of Duty, Gearbox has perfected the cooperative experience and makes teaming up with your friends to fight the machine an addictive and endlessly gratifying experience.
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a late arrival to the original Borderlands, so my wait for the sequel wasn't quite as long as others, but I must say that I truly enjoyed this game. The comic book/graphic novel style has been completely ramped up in the sequel, and not to a point where it's distracting. A huge world with great variation of each. The addition of new characters, as well as a look at how their time on Pandora has affected the others, were both handled with great care. The controls were quite a bit smoother than the previous iteration, leading to much more fluid gameplay. The humour of BL2 eclipses that of the original, with points where I actually laughed out loud. Having cleared the game, and now replaying through with my brother, I am anticipating the jokes and the entire story again. A much more extensive story, where you don't feel a huge build-up to very little climax (which I found with BL1). There were multiple times where I was thinking I was done, only to see a new chapter opening. Having played with three characters now (Zer0, Axton, & Gaige), there is a noticeable difference between character ability (eg; Mechromancer's sniper skill pales in comparison to that of Zer0) My only complaints about the game would come by way of the little things. There were many parts of the worlds where it looked like you could get behind something, jump up a rock, etc, and there was the invisible wall that stopped you. Only really annoying when trying to achieve challenges, looking for vault symbols, etc. Also, another annoyance, carried over from the original, was the items that disappeared into the ground, where you had to be at the exactly perfect angle in order to pick it up. Although the pickups were generally easier, that polish was the only thing that kept me from giving this game a 10!

Happy hunting!
  11. Jan 19, 2013
    On the surface not much seems to have changed since the original Borderlands. Play this sequel for any length of time however and it soon proves itself to be a superior game. Both the story and script are just that bit sharper and often genuinely funny, the skill system has been expanded (Including a new 'badass rank' which rewards the player with boosts to their stats for completing certain challenges) and there are fewer missions that are nothing but glorified fetch quests.

All this and a host of other minor tweaks meant that, while I bored of the first title before seeing it to the end, there was never any danger of me stopping before I saw Borderlands 2 through to its finale. This is co-op gaming at its very best.
  12. Jul 2, 2013
    If I had to judge Borderlands 2 after buying full price (59$ at release) I'd given it a heartfelt kick up it a** for being yet another game masquerading minor updates and added storyline as a sequel...
    Had it been a movie, a book, a whatever, then sequel would be a fitting title, but as gamers we demand substantial change when someone asks for a lot of cash from us who loved the first
    game...

So, I bought it for $5, and that's what it's worth (if you've played the first)....nothing New...
  13. Dec 1, 2012
    Excellent game. Once again, we get the silly humor and funny characters that we all enjoy. The weapons are given extra types of stats to help build up the variety. The graphics and animations were given some nice improvements. The multiplayer is fun as hell. However, there are still some negatives. The performance was pretty bad for me, and I have a very high-end PC, but I was able to fix this by making a quick config file edit. There's also a lot of parts in the game where enemies are painfully spammed and you end up just mindlessly tossing grenades and spraying bullets until you have a chance of survival. Sometimes the enemy spawns get so repetitive that you might just dash back and forth to objectives without fighting because of the boredom of trying to kill every enemy around you. Otherwise, the game is something worthy enough where almost all types of gamers should play it without delay. Expand
  14. Apr 13, 2013
    Played the first Borderlands and found it somewhat enjoyable. Playing BL2 was more of a grind towards the end. The level tree was somewhat tedious, the weapons never really kept up with the levels that you made, and the skill points were pretty much useless. Just a drone of a game, no replay value whatsoever.
  15. Mar 10, 2013
    Easily a 10/10, but with no real feel to travel fast kinda gets lame. Takes along time to level up after like level 3, best villain along with far cry 3, Vas. Love the look, great humor loads of guns, loads of explosives, and a good amount of environments. With a good co-op portion to the game making it harder to play and win. Not a variety of characters to play, or change of your own style. Game-play is a straight 10, fun same thing, maps lovely 10, story uneven 8 to 9. Guns he-he-he you know the drill. One thing the your not as bad-ass like in the first game overall. After a lot of playing though you'll get your self back to bad-ass. Expand
  16. Apr 18, 2013
    Borderlands 2 is little more than Borderlands 1 with new maps and a new story. Little innovation in a formula, that by itself was already unoriginal and somewhat boring. In Borderlands 1, about 2/3 of the game you would be getting tired of the combat, that is always the same from start to finish. Borderlands 2 is more of that. Only now the game is bigger so before you get halfway you will start having that feeling. The gameplay is always the same from start to finish and (surprise!) it gets tiring. Sure it has lots of guns, but can you really call them different? 5 different "effects" to add to weapons, mostly visual, and weapons that change the skins but do mostly the same. Not enough to keep me focused until the end.
    All in all, if you loved the first Borderlands, chances are you will like this one too.
  17. Feb 15, 2013
    Fun game and a massive improvement to the original but some how it just got boring. I don't care about loot so much and grinding to get it is just ridiculous so I cheated tested out all the best and meh is all I can say. If you take the loot out this game suddenly becomes quite dull which is sad because loot shouldn't make a game special.

On top of that they put out two DLC which each
    has the exact same running joke about the guy betraying you. I don't know the joke got old and although the game made me laugh I wouldn't have minded a few serious moments or truly epic moments at least to allow me to enjoy the comical moments more. A game that is a constant joke just isn't funny or fun in the end. Expand
  18. Dec 27, 2012
    I can't say enough good stuff about this game, but here are a few of the standout items. It's fun to play! The controls are tight, and it's easy to aim/shoot. If you like exploring every twist and turn of an area, looking for hidden goodies or collectibles, you will enjoy this! The colors are vibrant and the graphics are crisp. The missions are engaging and never seem like busy-work. There are a few fetch quests, etc. but they are rare and optional. You can skip side-quests if you want, and just concentrate on the story. Need to level up or at an area that's too tough for you? Jump in a public game, and play a bit with or go do a few side-missions to gain some XP and better guns. The character classes are varied so you should try them all to see which is your favorite. The skill trees make a big difference as well. Once I had enough skill points to fill our a whole tree, it made the character feel completely new! A neat feature is if you beat a "boss" you can revisit the area later, and the boss respawns, rewarding you with big time loot and XP every time you beat him. Not finding rare guns enough? Follow Gearbox on twitter or Facebook as they are giving out "golden keys" which you can use any time to get a level-appropriate rare weapon, shield, etc. Great game, fun to play! Expand
  19. Nov 29, 2012
    Take the original Borderlands, add direction and storyline. This is epic entertainment! Smart, funny and addictive. Tiny Tina alone makes it worth the fee! Take'em, Take'em, Take'em!
  20. Feb 6, 2013
    Hooked me in a way the first game never did, this game is fantastic by yourself and even more fun with friends. Plus it has the huge choice of weapons that all fans of the series are looking for. Here's to hoping that the rest of the series is more similar to this game than to the first.
  21. Oct 25, 2012
    More of the same but still a great game. The hilarious characters with excellent writing and flawless voice acting brings the world of Pandora to life and exploring the new locations is a good time. The gameplay remains the same as it's predecessor, gunplay is satisfying and trying out new guns is always a joy. It's in the overall structure of the missions I think the game falters a bit, like the original, it's just tedious back and forth doing boring tasks and to many side quests feels like chores. And the boss fights are annoying and badly designed.

Better then the original? Yes in every way, but it still remains very similar to it. So if you didn't like the first game, you'll probably wont like Borderlands 2. But if you did, you'll have a great time, and make sure you bring some friends!
  22. May 6, 2013
    Borderlands 2 has a lot of great qualities that make it a great game. It's just disappointing that the small things end up hurting it. The main story takes 15 to 20 hours to beat and you MAY want to replay it. The use of the word may is highlighted, because I didn't feel propelled to take another run through the game. The True Vault Hunter mode basically bumps up the difficulty and left a lot to be desired to the point that I just got bored and quit. The randomly generated weapons are seriously cool, but tend to lack character and personality, making a lot of the firearms you'll utilize forgettable. The multiple playthroughs don't feel satisfying and only provides a slightly harder challenge. In the technical department, the game suffers from seriously ugly texture pop-up, probably at the fault of the Unreal Engine. The sound isn't very much to marvel at and the voice acting is pretty inconsistent. The script is pretty well done and I laughed a ton at the ironic humor that they throw in there. The memes and pop culture references are pretty unnecessary though and will probably make the game feel less timeless in the future. The reason I am giving this game a 7 is because of the randomly generated weapons and the humor. It's not to mention that the game is just a joy to play through a couple times, if you feel obligated to. Expand
  23. Oct 6, 2013
    borderlands 2 is tonnes and tonnes of content millions of guns, millions of shields and areas and enemies. There are 4 unique characters out of the box and 2 more available via DLC that provides a different and exciting way to play through the campaign. The DLC of the game adds even more content to an already 60-70 plus hour game. The shooting is much tighter than the first game and the graphics are greatly improved over the first game to make the environments and the enemies a treat to look at. the weapons are the star of the show however and there is always a new gun to use or a new shield to equip. the loot is handled well and the game also plays brilliantly with co-op. the story is not something the game is known for but i did enjoy the narrative of the game and handsome jack was a great villain.

this game is one of the best of the generation in my opinion for a fun based co-op shooter with plenty of content, great shooting, tonnes of loot and a funny cast of characters.
  24. Feb 16, 2014
    Very fun to play with friends, and a cast of interesting characters to enjoy. but the gameplay feels very bland at times.

One of the things I liked in the first Borderlands was the option to select a type of gun rather than just choosing the newest gun you have that has higher stats. I'd prefer rifles over sub machine guns so even if I found a subgun that was technically better than the
    rifles I would have, I'd still manage with a rifle instead. In ramping up everything, it feels like Gearbox tweaked the engine to the point that regardless of what the gun is, (sniper rifle, submachine gun, pistol) or who makes the gun, all of it becomes a mute point to the stats.

This change made me feel like I was in an impossible spiral of downgrading my guns for technically better ones I didn't like to use. Even though they were better, statistically, they still felt like I had to consistently switch my loadout every level or so just to keep up with the exponential difficulty curve. The guns company brand and types became increasingly irrelevant with a slight exception to be made for elemental effect specialties.

Another criticism I have, that is largely irrelevant to the target audience Borderlands 2 serves, is that you are basically just a tag-along as far as the story is concerned. Borderlands 2 isn't your story, it's the players' from the first Borderlands story. Old characters make a reappearance as NPCs, and once they arrive then you become little more than an assistant to their direction. The game doesn't make the player feel like they're the focus of the story, with characters talking more to each other and themselves than you or your party.

All that said, the game is still fun to play with friends of a similar level. The strong focus on outright statistics in the game mechanics makes it very easy to balance and adjust for parties. Easy to recommended to fans of Borderlands and anyone who wants a colorful or different shooter to contrast with the realistic modern style FPS games out there, but not one to suggest to a friend who is looking for depth or someone not familiar with gaming in general.
  25. Jul 15, 2013
    Borderlands 1 es el mejor en todo, ambientacion, musica, personajes, humor, hasta los DLC estan mas trabajados....en una sola palabra lo definiria como: Boredlands 2_saludos
  26. Nov 13, 2012
    I can't stop playing this game. It is so much fun. I enjoyed Borderlands 1, but I got bored of it fairly quick. This is not the case with 2. Over 60 hours and I am still loving it. It follows the same formula as Borderlands 1 but it improves on pretty much everything. It might not be the perfect game, but I am giving it a perfect 10, as I have enjoyed evey minute.
  27. Oct 23, 2012
    I loved the first Borderlands, I picked it up thinking it was going to be a deep and rewarding RPG but when i put it in it was more like the smooth first person shooting of Call of duty, mixed with Rpg elements and the enemies are weird. Now ive scooped together sixty dollars and figured i would try this one out. The moment i was let loose to shoot stuff and loot, i was having an immense amount of fun. You;ll notice that the gunplay is a lot more satifying then the last game, and a lot smoother. The game says that there are even more guns in this game. Well from what ive noticed there is a lot more guns. But the system is basically the same, because youll notice that ninety percent of the guns you pick up are complete sh*t but they have tweaked the grenades and the shields as well so that each one is different no matter what. Ive found grenade mods that when i threw it four flamethrowers come out and deal massive fire damage. Cool. The character classes are the same but there abilities are different. The commando still throws out a turret but it can do alot more things thanks to the skill tree for you character. This game is very good and if your still wondering whether or not to pick it up stop thinking about it, and buy it. Even if you havent played the first game you will enjoy the hell out of this game its really fun, and an immense time sink. Expand
  28. Oct 8, 2012
    This is... a terribly decent first person shooter. However, the biggest problem with this game is that I already played Borderlands 1, and the game knows that Borderlands 1 existed. It brings in many of the older characters, including the playable characters, and I got some bonuses for having played Borderlands 1. But, Borderlands 1 had a problem - repetition. And, Borderlands 2 falls into the same problem. More so then the first 1 because there is literally nothing new for a player. What do we get as bonus? More weapons, more enemies, and more annoying claptraps. The same old game, just reiterated and polished. It's like a guy who says something interesting, you think about it a bit and say "hey, that's a good idea," and then a week later the same guy comes over, and says the same thing, but worded better. We get it, you have a good idea. Don't repeat yourself endlessly, just better. Go ahead and try something new. Try something that questions the industry. Something like Borderlands 1. Do something bigger and better and completely and utterly insane. Because Borderlands 2 is sad because 1 was so successful and such a risk, and Borderlands 2 says "Hey, we were successful, let's just do it again, and we'll be successful." These risks, you have to take them. Sure, I'd recommend 2 over 1, but what would I call a better game? 1, because it took a risk. Borderlands 1 is like jumping into a lake and seeing if there's piranhas in it. And luckily, there wasn't any. But Borderlands 2 jumps into the same lake. 1 already said that it was safe, how about you try something new 2. I hope this doesn't start to stagnate, because this is a great IP that could, and I hope, evolve and challenge the industry it is in. But right now, it will stay still, and fester. And if we don't try something new, then this will become the new CoD, prettier, but the same. Expand
  29. Dec 26, 2012
    Borderlands 2 was a amazing game witch is better than Borderlands 1 (BL1 was a great game). The characters are soo funny and by far Claptrap is the most epic out of all of them. Borderlands 2 has a story to it(BL 1 did not) and in Borderlands 2 the areas are different almost every time with look(another thing BL1 did not have). Playing Solo is great but this game was series is soo popular with the CO-OP experience, its better than ever! Handsome Jack the villian has to be the best vilian in a game by far, I mean I hate him, love him, think hes' halerouand so on. The only con to Borderlands 2 is how it kept freezing a lot and glitchs I had with it, but you guys might not be having the trouble. Borderlands is an a game you should buy nw as so as you read this review. Borderlands 2 9.2/10 Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    BL2 trumps BL in every conceivable way. Better shooting mechanics, better AI, better writing, etc. Personally I love the Borderlands art style and humor, but I also get that the art and humor isn't something everyone will like. The thing about BL2 is that it's so goddam engaging. By that I mean you fire up the game, and within seconds you can be in an insane firefight. Difficulty settings are spot on, weapons are awesome and extremely varied. Overall a fantastic game, this one is my GOTY 2012. Better yet, we've still got three DLC's to look forward to! Expand

1. Nov 10, 2012
    It may be a lot more of the same, but it's prettier, smoother, longer, and filled with more stuff.
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    In the end, I have to say that Borderlands 2 serves as a wonderful example of how to make a sequel work.
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    In conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a significant improvement on the original; it sharpens up the narrative, the core game progression, the visual theme and many other fundamental aspects that needed adjustment.