8.3

1. Aug 20, 2012
    The first dlc that I played in borderlands and The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is the best dlc I have ever played in my life. It is almost as good as the game itself and provides up to 6-8 hours of gameplay. The dlc has a story better then the game itself and is just playable by yourself and even more fun with some peeps. Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned 8.5/10
  2. Jul 24, 2012
    If you enjoyed Bordelands, Dr. Ned is an instant purchase. It provides great value for money with good amounts of content and is more of the shooting and looting of the base game. The setting is once again interesting, and the story, whilst not that engaging or immerse, is just insane and funny enough to be enjoyable. The only thing that marks this down is the quality of some of theIf you enjoyed Bordelands, Dr. Ned is an instant purchase. It provides great value for money with good amounts of content and is more of the shooting and looting of the base game. The setting is once again interesting, and the story, whilst not that engaging or immerse, is just insane and funny enough to be enjoyable. The only thing that marks this down is the quality of some of the missions. The majority of the quests are well thought out and interesting, but the minority are tedious fetch-quests we've seen plenty before. Still, this DLC is well worth the price and is a worthy add-on to an already fun game. Expand
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    Its too much like Left 4 Dead for me to consider it good. A lot of annoying backtracking and boring missions (and insanely repetitive mission objectives). Its also a rather short piece of DLC.
  4. Apr 24, 2011
    What do you get when Zombies invade Borderlands? you get a EPIC!!!! add-on, which is probably the best add-on for a game I have ever played it's fantastic, it adds tons of hours of new gameplay, new missions, new weapons, and cool new Zombie and other enemies, and it's just so much fun to play, and also has the Borderlands sense of humor which makes it more enjoyable, it has a greatWhat do you get when Zombies invade Borderlands? you get a EPIC!!!! add-on, which is probably the best add-on for a game I have ever played it's fantastic, it adds tons of hours of new gameplay, new missions, new weapons, and cool new Zombie and other enemies, and it's just so much fun to play, and also has the Borderlands sense of humor which makes it more enjoyable, it has a great atmosphere, and a really enjoyable story behind it all, maybe it's just because I love Zombies but I believe this is a fantastic add-on, and definitely worth the 800 MS points asking price, and deserving of a perfect 10, if you have Borderlands this is a must own download. Expand
  5. DanielS
    Jan 11, 2010
    Along with Oblivion's "The Shivering Isles" and GTA's "Ballad of Gay Tony", Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned has the highest playtime/cost ratio of any DLC. By that I mean it provides a dozen hours of gameplay, yet only costs 800 MS points. Some DLC on Xbox Live costs 1200 MS Points, but only provides 3-4 hours of gameplay. For anyone sitting on the fence, do not Along with Oblivion's "The Shivering Isles" and GTA's "Ballad of Gay Tony", Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned has the highest playtime/cost ratio of any DLC. By that I mean it provides a dozen hours of gameplay, yet only costs 800 MS points. Some DLC on Xbox Live costs 1200 MS Points, but only provides 3-4 hours of gameplay. For anyone sitting on the fence, do not hesitate to sprint to your Xbox and download this DLC pack after the end of this sentence. Collapse
  6. kellyM
    Jan 11, 2010
    This is a LOT of content for $10. Not only did I buy ths for myself but I two more copies of the game and this DLC for my son (XBox360) and my stepson (PS3), A lot of the reviews from other sites and mags are untrue - that you have to be at 42nd level or so to take this on. you can take it on at whatever level you are at in the first playthru or second playthru. It seems to level up just This is a LOT of content for $10. Not only did I buy ths for myself but I two more copies of the game and this DLC for my son (XBox360) and my stepson (PS3), A lot of the reviews from other sites and mags are untrue - that you have to be at 42nd level or so to take this on. you can take it on at whatever level you are at in the first playthru or second playthru. It seems to level up just fine. I first played it at 10th level I got the BEST loot out of this and it is great for leveling up, even tho some reviews I have read incorrectly state that you cannot level up with this DLC. If you enjoy Borderlands, this is a MUST download. Expand
  7. PedroC
    Dec 7, 2009
    This is the best DLC I have ever played. The enemies were awesome! Loot Goon and WereSkags were my favorite.
  8. S.McVities
    Dec 7, 2009
    Must download in my opinion :)
  9. JacobL.
    Nov 28, 2009
    For $10, it's loaded with more hours of gameplay than most dlc. If you already own Borderlands and you like the game, you can't go wrong with this. Oh yeah, it has zombies too.
  10. MikeK.
    Nov 26, 2009
    I have to say, I really enjoyed this DLC. The opening was funny, the bosses were fun to battle, the missions weren't repetitive, the ending/closure were satisfying. Co-op is great, like the rest of Borderlands. Overall fun and enjoyable.
  11. FrankS.
    Nov 25, 2009
    Only 25 missions. Not a lot of quality among them. Just a change of scenery and new monsters.

1. If nothing else, it's entirely fitting that a game that's always been brilliantly brainless is now genuinely brain-dead as well. Oh, and I finally got that bloody Mario-themed Achievement. SCORE.
  2. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is maybe not attractive in terms of new weapons, skills or a higher level cap, but it’s funny, long and surprisingly comical.
  3. Moody new environments, diverse new foes, and even more of Borderlands' signature humor make this new content very entertaining and very worthwhile.