Braid Xbox 360

8.5

1. PrimusM.a
    Aug 6, 2008
    While the actual gameplay held my interest for perhaps two hours, most of the gameplay is derivative and tedious. The narrative, on the other hand, is not particularly compelling despite obvious effort to make it unique and different. I don't buy into the "art" of the experience, since it was like reading teen angst poetry. You may enjoy it more than I did if you like puzzle While the actual gameplay held my interest for perhaps two hours, most of the gameplay is derivative and tedious. The narrative, on the other hand, is not particularly compelling despite obvious effort to make it unique and different. I don't buy into the "art" of the experience, since it was like reading teen angst poetry. You may enjoy it more than I did if you like puzzle platformers, which I don't care for. Expand
  2. ApocalypseBrown
    Sep 23, 2008
    The term over-rated is what Braid falls into comfortably. Don't get me wrong, there is a deep and sensual feeling about it, but Mario Galaxy is more instantly playable and gratifying. And as for the in-game music, drowning cats spring to mind. The premise is smart, and I did like the rewind time aspect ala Prince of Persia, but it becomes too repetitive and frustrating very quickly. The term over-rated is what Braid falls into comfortably. Don't get me wrong, there is a deep and sensual feeling about it, but Mario Galaxy is more instantly playable and gratifying. And as for the in-game music, drowning cats spring to mind. The premise is smart, and I did like the rewind time aspect ala Prince of Persia, but it becomes too repetitive and frustrating very quickly. The last insult is 1200 points to buy it off marketplace, RIP OFF! 800 would just about been acceptable, but whoever set that price hopefully has been slapped repeatedly with a wet fish! Expand
  3. LeahR
    Jan 21, 2010
    Braid is a clever, lovingly-crafted platform-puzzler that is by turns frustrating and transcendent. It suffers from an awkwardly over-intellectualized story and total lack of replay value after figuring out the "gotcha" mechanics and gimmicks of the puzzles, but is an enjoyable and refreshingly intelligent experience the first time through.
  4. JimB.
    Aug 6, 2008
    Pretty good but ultimately kind of unfulfilling. I got to the end and will never look at it again.
  5. Jan 15, 2015
    Neither a good platform game nor a good puzzle game. Don't get me wrong it has its moments but compared to the rather large number of 10/10 reviews here, I genuinely wondered if I was playing the same game.

Imaginative, innovative, and engrossing, Braid is a spectacular achievement. If only the experience lasted a little longer and there weren't as many puzzles with singular solutions.
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    You can't put a price on innovation. [Issue#34, p.116]
    Braid is beautiful, entertaining and inspiring. It stretches both intellect and emotion, and these elements dovetail beautifully rather than chaffing against each other. Still wondering if games can be art? Here's your answer.