tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jun 19, 2012
    "Brave: The Video Game" is an action adventure game based on the animated Disney Pixar in 2012, which is due out in theaters soon. The story is about a princess in medieval Scotland, Merida, which is trained from childhood by his father (the King) to use bow and sword. By becoming more adult, her mother promised in marriage due to political arrangements, and she does not like it, wanting"Brave: The Video Game" is an action adventure game based on the animated Disney Pixar in 2012, which is due out in theaters soon. The story is about a princess in medieval Scotland, Merida, which is trained from childhood by his father (the King) to use bow and sword. By becoming more adult, her mother promised in marriage due to political arrangements, and she does not like it, wanting to get rid of it, order a potion to a witch. But the potion has a side effect, and turns her mother into a bear who escapes into the forest, and Merida have to find it: it returns the witch, and finds out that the forest and the magic is being dominated by the Blight, released by a bad wizard.

The graphics of the game are nice and somewhat detailed, and very colorful. Most environments are forests, with vegetation, dense and detailed, and abuses of greens, browns and violets colors. The graphic details during the action are also a higher level than we see in other games of the style, but we also see some slowdown and many problems of "fit" of the animations in the scenarios, which are complex, though linear.

The history and menus are displayed on a screen background that reminds a medieval tapestry, with its tone brown, and with designs on it, and are quite beautiful, as the hand-drawn designs will fill with colors in the Cut -scenes.

Audio: the game has a good story, and of course, who abuses of Scottish accents, being made by the same team of actors from the animation; the sound effects of winds and forests, as well as the others are well worked. The background music is appropriately mixed with Medieval Scotsish instruments, as the bagpipe, and fits perfectly.

The gameplay is a mix of platform, with lots of action and dungeon crawler, and with some points of puzzles: the scenarios are linear, with walls consisting of elements where we are, and we use powers or actions (like jumping) to progress in the stages, and eventually find mini-arenas with enemies who must be defeated in order to continue. You attack them using two basic elements, the bow, controlled with the right analog (shooting automatically), in the direction you want, and the sword, attacking with X.

We can buy upgrades and new powers, with the coins we gather killing enemies or destroying items in the scenarios. Both the sword when bow have many upgrades and can be switched for more powerful ones.

Mixed in action, we have mini-simple puzzles that can be made by the princess or with her 3 youngest brothers, which were transformed into cubs, alternating between them. As Merida advances in the story, she acquires Charms with elemental powers that give other caracteristics to the weapons. There are also sequences where you control your mother, transformed into a bear.

The game collectibles are present as 12 fragments of tapestry that increase their power and life, and clothes that can be used by the protagonist. You can also play the main story ina cooperative local mode, one of you as the princess, other as a Sprite.

The game features a story mode, where you can access one of the eight stages of the game, from a circle of stones (Stonehenge style), and we have 4 difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard and Brave), along with another mode, the Archery Range, which serves to provide more credits for purchases. This mode uses necessarily the Kinect and it's a archery mini-game, that reminds Kinect Sports, with 3 sub-modes.

The game surprised me: it is a good game with good action, and worked well, with a nice visual, colorful and engaging, despite having problems of slowdown, and somewhat repetitive actions and enemies. Of the games based in animations I think it's one of the the best, and I can recommend to the ones who likes this style.
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    We return with an other Disney/Pixar videogame, and what happen? amazing game, really, since Toy Story 3 and Cars 2, Disney do amazing games. And now with Brave they do an other great job. The gameplay is really cool, the graphics are decent. And the KINECT answer is good. Brave is a cool job.

1. Sep 18, 2012
    Nice battles and nice pacing, but the production values could have been higher.
  2. Sep 12, 2012
    A good tie-in for Disney-Pixar's flic, entertaining and well-balanced for kids.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    While there are plenty of games coming out in the next few months, which many you will have your eye on, if you can spare the coin one month and fancy a mellow title with a charming story and detailed battle system, Brave: The Video Game may just be the game for you!