Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Xbox 360

8.3

1. Jul 17, 2012
    I've never played a BiA game, because i thought it is just another cheap war game. My friend lend my his Hells highway for xbox360 a week ago and i was amazed. I really like war games like Medal of honor, Cod, Bf, but this game really is special. The story, combat, soundtrack and graphics are good and controls are easy to learn. The only thing that isn't that good is multiplayer mode.I've never played a BiA game, because i thought it is just another cheap war game. My friend lend my his Hells highway for xbox360 a week ago and i was amazed. I really like war games like Medal of honor, Cod, Bf, but this game really is special. The story, combat, soundtrack and graphics are good and controls are easy to learn. The only thing that isn't that good is multiplayer mode. Great game. Expand
  2. Aug 25, 2010
    Un juego diferente, una diversión diferente para por fin tener acción en primera persona realmente divertida y entretenida. Se acabó el ir en plan Rambo, ahora debes estudiar al contrario y tener mucho cuidado de dónde pones a tus compañeros de batallón. Mejorable en el apartado gráfico,Un juego diferente, una diversión diferente para por fin tener acción en primera persona realmente divertida y entretenida. Se acabó el ir en plan Rambo, ahora debes estudiar al contrario y tener mucho cuidado de dónde pones a tus compañeros de batallón. Mejorable en el apartado gráfico, inmejorable en la sensación de estar verdaderamente en la II Guerra Mundial. Expand
  3. DanC.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Great game. Story is one of the best I've ever seen in a game. Controls feel great, haven't gotten bored yet. Don't purchase this game for the multiplayer though.
  4. AaronB
    Oct 2, 2008
    This game met my expectations, exceeded them on many, many occasions, fell down a couple of times, but, all said and done I was totally engrossed from beginning to end, and that was on casual mode. ...but then came Authentic mode. The enemy AI is totally different in the way it plays, advancing on masse when attacked, from the very beginning you start the game again. I was swarmed by This game met my expectations, exceeded them on many, many occasions, fell down a couple of times, but, all said and done I was totally engrossed from beginning to end, and that was on casual mode. ...but then came Authentic mode. The enemy AI is totally different in the way it plays, advancing on masse when attacked, from the very beginning you start the game again. I was swarmed by enemies who seemed intent on kicking my squads asses. Without the crosshair either the game really feels like a life/death situation everytime you encounter an enemy. It forces you too use the iron sight view alot more making u vulnerable, and relying on visual aids such as explosions of dirt next to enemies, the only thing to gauge your accuracy - alot of fun flanking German infantry , to pop up next to them with your Thompson, no crosshair and spraying wildly in their general direction. Moments like this are represented amazingly well, for me anyway. Lots of tense shootouts. Most of the parts when u are seperated from your squad played really well for me, if not slightly out of place- it was appropriate for the moments in the game though and a nice diversion. I must say that the tank parts were, sort of fun, but I would have far rather commanded them as a squad like the original games, and not had to drive them myself. There is a lot of replay value to the game and authentic mode will keep you busy for quite a while. Some people don't like online...thats because its NOT ........COD4. If you actually pay attention to your squad leader its a blast. It is a different game however, you DO NOT control squads like the single player, you're part of one- you've got Rockstar New England to thank for that whatever you're final take on that is. GFX do take a hit though, but still alot of fun. More modes, even a deathmatch mode to test everyone's 'dig in' skills would be very welcome. Overall its a slower based, tactical game, abit like GRAW or Rainbow six, but with WWII tactics...GFX are similar to R6 in some ways actually, although it has a gfx style all its own with an grainy filter over some shadows etc. I liked that look as well. Please don't take 3 more years to bring out the next one Gearbox....and put back what you changed with regards the tank sections. I want to command them.not drive them. BUY it. Its well worth it. Expand
  5. AllanD
    Oct 2, 2008
    More often than not, I believe the Metascores for 360 games are just about right. Having played this game for several hours, I do really feel this game has been underrated. I you like Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW, there's a good chance you might like this game. The only knock I have is the graphics and controls could be a bit better. Overall, a fun game that I think deserves an 8.5.
  6. JohnM.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Great game! I love all the aspects of the game, and it looks amazing. I recommend this to anyone and everyone I know.
  7. PeterB
    Feb 17, 2009
    I really don't understand the people who give this game such low scores. It's one of the best games I've ever played. Story's awesome, killcam is even more awesome and the graphics are also awesome.
  8. PaulB
    Oct 1, 2008
    Just finished this very enjoyable game - different from your usual FPS, since it's squad based - and you cant just go in guns blazing. The game has a very cinematic feel throughout,with plenty of cutscenes to introduce the characters and their relationships with one another. Sure there are a few technical and gameplay issues, but thankfully they don't overshadow, what is a solid Just finished this very enjoyable game - different from your usual FPS, since it's squad based - and you cant just go in guns blazing. The game has a very cinematic feel throughout,with plenty of cutscenes to introduce the characters and their relationships with one another. Sure there are a few technical and gameplay issues, but thankfully they don't overshadow, what is a solid and refreshingly different shooter for the XboX. Expand
  9. SergenteenS.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Hello! Has no one who has rated this game watched the trailers? This game makes COD5 look like crap. The Ubidays trailer, come on, AMAZING! The game is sweet and it's from Ubisoft, which is why the advertising and trailers are so good. Sure Assassin's Creed was a bit of a letdown but that's why they pushed this game and EndWar back, to make sure that they were perfect. Hello! Has no one who has rated this game watched the trailers? This game makes COD5 look like crap. The Ubidays trailer, come on, AMAZING! The game is sweet and it's from Ubisoft, which is why the advertising and trailers are so good. Sure Assassin's Creed was a bit of a letdown but that's why they pushed this game and EndWar back, to make sure that they were perfect. There is nothing but greatness coming from this game. Expand
  10. JohnS.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Very good graphics
  11. KeithC.
    Sep 24, 2008
    It was a loooong time coming (what, two years of delays?) but i've found absolutely no glitches in this game. it's perfect as far as i can tell. well. as perfect as i need. graphics, weapons selection, commands, MP, SP... they really did this one in for itself this time. best war game i have -ever- played, hands down.
  12. TWills
    Sep 24, 2008
    Review time. graphics: optimal. combat: highly intense, tactical. general BIA standards met plus more. story: superior to previous BIA. outstanding. 10/10.
  13. BrianM.
    Sep 25, 2008
    A game buy adults for adults is right on Pros: Fantastic Graphics Amazing Story and Cinematics Great gameplay and tactics Cons: Not enough Story and Cinematics Opel Blitz is Grey Fluorescent Tubes in old Building.
  14. JaquesS.
    Sep 26, 2008
    This game is the truth. This is the most realistic WW2 experience around. Love the graphics and the story is really good.
  15. WhittonB.
    Sep 26, 2008
    While this game offers slightly different mechanics from the previous two games, I still found this game amazingly fun. The squad tactics really helped me feel like I was playing a part in a larger purpose of the war as opposed to a "Rambo" just mowing down enemies left and right in the standard run-of-the-mill shooters I've been accustomed to lately. The game looked phenomenal while While this game offers slightly different mechanics from the previous two games, I still found this game amazingly fun. The squad tactics really helped me feel like I was playing a part in a larger purpose of the war as opposed to a "Rambo" just mowing down enemies left and right in the standard run-of-the-mill shooters I've been accustomed to lately. The game looked phenomenal while just some minor pieces detracted for a moment, overall, it looked great and kept me in the game. Expand
  16. WillM.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Wow what a game!! This one should hold a special place in your collection. The story sets this one apart from all the good games out there. There hasn't been a good story like this since Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan.
  17. GabeS.
    Sep 26, 2008
    good graphics, compelling story and fairly authentic WWII gameplay makes Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway one of the better games in the franchise. The game introduces a brand new cover system, which also interacts with fully destructible environment assets, like sandbags or fences. The game has a few down points, especially when you (playing as Matt Baker) leave your squad behind good graphics, compelling story and fairly authentic WWII gameplay makes Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway one of the better games in the franchise. The game introduces a brand new cover system, which also interacts with fully destructible environment assets, like sandbags or fences. The game has a few down points, especially when you (playing as Matt Baker) leave your squad behind and lone wolf it for entire sections of levels, taking on dozens of Germans by yourself. Some of the voice acting can also sometimes be low-budget/cheesy sounding. Multiplayer is extremely limited, but can be fun with the right teams, and if you work together with said teams. Don't expect too much longevity out of multiplayer, though. Overall, I give BiA:HH an 8.5. Expand
  18. RayP.
    Sep 26, 2008
    WW2 shooters don't get any better than this. If you like FPS games, you can't pass up getting this one.
  19. SeanW.
    Sep 26, 2008
    The third installment of BIA clearly out did itself once again, although minor issue can be seen the game brings a new light to the tragedy of war from not only physical battle perspective but an emotional trauma as well. I highly recommend this title to anyone into a deep story and a great FPS.
  20. SandraW.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I thought it was pretty impressive display of the Unreal 3 engine. The story was Hollywood worthy and the new cover system worked quite well. It's displays a lot of gore but besides that was one game that left me wanting more.
  21. StevenR.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Excellent job from Gearbox. This a game that breaks from the norms of other FPS games and offers a great story, great graphics, and great gameplay. I'm very glad I added this game to my collection.
  22. JonasM.
    Sep 26, 2008
    At last a game the captures the spirit of the tragic events after d-day. This game has it all joy, pain, and brotherhood. Good job gearbox.
  23. TimH.
    Sep 26, 2008
    As the quality of games have declined due to the overwhelming thirst for the almighty dollar, BIA: HH stands out above the crowd to bring a realistic approach to the last World War. Gearbox will hopefully continue this trend with their upcoming titles.
  24. DamoW.
    Sep 27, 2008
    I was a bit worried about this game but I really do think there are a lot more good points than bad. I recommend this to anyone who likes FPS's.
  25. DylanH.
    Sep 28, 2008
    This is a great game! Great story, however I wish the acting was better. I believe the people that give this game a negative review is because they don't understand that this is more of a strategy game (not a run and gun).
  26. KCL.
    Sep 28, 2008
    Awesome WWII shooter, the best in its class. I hope they make another one soon.
  27. FPSMaster
    Sep 30, 2008
    Most seem to hate it at first then by the 2nd or 3rd day it's grown on them. I am one of these people. The first play through was hard to stomach: Average graphics, lots of pop-in, bad framerates, bad friendly and enemy A.I., not many weapons, glitches galore, unrealistic reloading animations, not being able to aim at all on Authentic when in 3rd person view, linear levels, cheesy Most seem to hate it at first then by the 2nd or 3rd day it's grown on them. I am one of these people. The first play through was hard to stomach: Average graphics, lots of pop-in, bad framerates, bad friendly and enemy A.I., not many weapons, glitches galore, unrealistic reloading animations, not being able to aim at all on Authentic when in 3rd person view, linear levels, cheesy voice acting, overly drawn out cutscens and ridiculous solo missions that go against the entire point of playing this series over any other WW2 shooter. But it all clicked at some point and seemed as fun as the other 2 BIA games. It still though has a very last-gen feel with perfectly placed cover points put on the maps giving it a gamey feel and most of the levels only have 1 or 2 ways to outflank the enemies because they are so narrow and linear. The MP blows ass any way you look at it though so Gearbox should have made it themselves instead of leaving it to the team that ruined Bully for 360, Rockstar New England. It has 1 mode with no A.I. squads, looks like a PS2 game graphically and lags to Hell and back. Still, give the SP a chance if you like ordering squads around because this type of game is quickly becoming extinct in favor of everything being all about online MP in todays gaming world. Expand
  28. jpself
    Sep 23, 2008
    Awesome game play. The art and animations are superb.
  29. AbelG.
    Sep 24, 2008
    You should read this if you're wondering if you should get this or the new Call of Duty. The two games seem similar, right? Both shooters, both WWII. The difference is that BIA is tactical, intelligent, historically accurate. The long delays that pissed everyone off has resulted in one of the most flawless online experiences you could possibly have on next-gen consoles. Call of Duty You should read this if you're wondering if you should get this or the new Call of Duty. The two games seem similar, right? Both shooters, both WWII. The difference is that BIA is tactical, intelligent, historically accurate. The long delays that pissed everyone off has resulted in one of the most flawless online experiences you could possibly have on next-gen consoles. Call of Duty is a shoot-em-up, dumbed down, made-for-n00bs fiasco, historically irrelevant mess. And I'm not exaggerating. I bought both and I'm selling COD. It's not worth it in comparison to BIA. That's my take anyway. Expand
  30. BlakeM.
    Sep 24, 2008
    Remember Counter Strike? This game reminds me very much of CS, but with a modern, highly matured, developed edge. Better yet, it's like playing a realistic, historically authentic version of Counter Strike in a real context. You have, of course, major differences. I only compare to CS because the first few minutes of gameplay reminded me of it, but then as you get deeper into Remember Counter Strike? This game reminds me very much of CS, but with a modern, highly matured, developed edge. Better yet, it's like playing a realistic, historically authentic version of Counter Strike in a real context. You have, of course, major differences. I only compare to CS because the first few minutes of gameplay reminded me of it, but then as you get deeper into gameplay you find it's a totally unique game. Yeah, you're thinking "how can ANOTHER World War 2 game be 'unique'?" And I would agree if I were you, but then again you haven't played the game. You really have to play it to understand. Expand
  31. NathanH.l
    Sep 24, 2008
    Just read the IGN review... unfair. Would just like to say that the graphics have been unjustifiably misrepresented in this article and that any general gamer out there would agree that the graphics, after having played it, are spectacular. The same things would be said about the narrative (the story), voice acting, and the weapon accuracy. IGN has reached a new low!
  32. zfips
    Sep 24, 2008
    The historic context of this game blows me away. just watch some trailers. if you're not convinced of getting and conquering the hell out of this game. EASILY game of the year. no questions asked. OMG i have to get back to this game. I'm having withdrawals.
  33. MStern
    Sep 24, 2008
    I'm impressed! graphics are great, voice acting is good and very realistic. there's some kind of new implementation of realistic FPS movements too, like being able to see your character jump over walls and stuff... kind of hard to explain if you haven't seen it. probably the most realistic game I've played since... er, maybe the most realistic game there is! but then I'm impressed! graphics are great, voice acting is good and very realistic. there's some kind of new implementation of realistic FPS movements too, like being able to see your character jump over walls and stuff... kind of hard to explain if you haven't seen it. probably the most realistic game I've played since... er, maybe the most realistic game there is! but then again i don't play these kinds of games all too often. Expand
  34. JasonA.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Great graphics, great story, great combat system.
  35. BobS.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Great game that improves on the previous entries to the series. Breathtaking graphics that will leave you ducking behind your couch dodging the digital bullets.
  36. BenD.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I've been really looking forward to this game and it's met and exceeded everything I was hoping for. The only part that really bothered me was the grass and 2D flowers.
  37. JasonS.
  38. JoseG.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I love the single player campaign. The gore is awesome, action cam is bad ass, and the story has amazing depth. I was never a fan of WW2 shooters but the cinematic experience this game offers can not be passed up. Gameplay is unique because you have to use squad based tactics to stay alive. Overall I can;t say enough good things about this game, except it is a must own.
  39. CarlW.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Great game. I loved the cinematic story line. Not just another mindless WW2 shooter!!!!!
    Sep 26, 2008
    Very impressive game, and a great tactical take on the classic shooter genre. The graphics were very impressive, and the story had a terrific dramatic feel to it. Hell's Highway was a lot of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  41. EvanE.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Well deserved WWII title for the 360. Hell's Highway will bring you closer to the feel of the world's greatest war than any other game to date.
  42. LadelleB.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I cannot begin to tell how good this game is. As a matter of fact there are so many things that point to the center of this franchise but the story really defines this game.
  43. SeanB.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Rubbish!!!!! This game deserves a 10 for the graphics alone! I went into this game believing it would be another WW2 shoot em up. I was knocked off my footstool when I saw the fire graphics. The story actually made me feel sorry when I lost my squad mates which is a different kind of feeling when you're playing a video game. I actually felt exhausted when I was finished, like a real Rubbish!!!!! This game deserves a 10 for the graphics alone! I went into this game believing it would be another WW2 shoot em up. I was knocked off my footstool when I saw the fire graphics. The story actually made me feel sorry when I lost my squad mates which is a different kind of feeling when you're playing a video game. I actually felt exhausted when I was finished, like a real war. This is not for kids!! The game shows slow motion deaths with bits of skull flying out the back of the unlucky German's head. Expand
  44. BartW.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Better than COD!!!! This game is the best WW2 game ever created bar none.
  45. JesseK.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I'm a little late to the BiA franchise but having played through other WWII shooters, I was looking for something a little different than the typical run and gun scenarios. With cinematic cutscenes and tactical gameplay this game is a winner! So far I've been able to complete the game on the Veteran difficulty setting and it's been a wild trip on the senses. Baker and his I'm a little late to the BiA franchise but having played through other WWII shooters, I was looking for something a little different than the typical run and gun scenarios. With cinematic cutscenes and tactical gameplay this game is a winner! So far I've been able to complete the game on the Veteran difficulty setting and it's been a wild trip on the senses. Baker and his squads have amazing detail. Their faces show every little mark and even some scars. With the intense audio blasting from all the speakers in my 5.1 system at home, I can't get enough. The weapons, the explosions ... everything just rips out at you. It's like having the war play out in your living room. Ordering my squads around is a great way to gain tactical advantage on the enemies that litter the landscapes and taking them out with a bazooka squad ... iIn a word Awesome! Watching your enemies fly apart on screen is amazing! Well, I'm back to the game now. Expand
  46. SteveH.
    Sep 27, 2008
    Very fun shooter, only complaint is that my fallen squad-mates miraculously reappear at the next checkpoint after being killed.
  47. ZackS.
    Sep 28, 2008
    I have been a huge fan of brothers in arms series and this is the best one yet. The addition of the cover system really feels like your a soldier fighting in Holland. this is the most realistic and authentic WW2 game i have ever played.
  48. tror123
    Mar 14, 2009
    Wow I must be really losing my mind here or publishers are paying out for their critiques...this was whole lot of fun! The core mechanics I mastered and excelled out made me feel like I serving with heroes....The only wish I had was that I could control a tank and a squad like the first one...can't wait for the nex version!
  49. ChrisO
    Dec 27, 2008
    This is by far one of the best WWII shooters I have played, it's right up there next to Call of Duty Finest Hour (best IMO). Great story, great controls, and surprisingly very good multiplayer.
  50. Feb 22, 2011
    (Written by AnotherSociety, Editing and comedic quotes by x Joelene x)

THE STORY SO FAR
    I have been looking forward to playing this installment of â
  51. Feb 28, 2011
    A great game that is overshadowed by the colossus that is Call of Duty, Hells Highway does not get the attention and praise it deserves. While not a perfect war shooter, i found myself continually wanting to keep playing even with its flaws. Great game.

1. games(TM)
    To continually repackage the same hackneyed take on real pain, real suffering, and real people in the mane of entertainment is a sure road to exploitation. [Nov 2008, p.112]
  2. The game offers so much, from an engaging emotional story to showing the brutal face of war. Easily one of the best WWII based shooters.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Gearbox has made a game that is stable and complete, if hugely unrefined in places, with an under-exploited but sound core of tactical squad combat. [Nov 2008, p.93]