8.0

1. Tristan
    Oct 18, 2009
    I'm a bit disappointed by this, mainly because I really liked Psychonauts. I found the driving parts frankly just plain irritating, the druid plow not really handling in a particularly satisfying way. This is only compounded by the fact that there are no interesting, fun or engaging distractions between missions. The melee combat was just OK. The final slap in the face is that most I'm a bit disappointed by this, mainly because I really liked Psychonauts. I found the driving parts frankly just plain irritating, the druid plow not really handling in a particularly satisfying way. This is only compounded by the fact that there are no interesting, fun or engaging distractions between missions. The melee combat was just OK. The final slap in the face is that most of the characters seemed waaaayyyy too idiotic to even be amusing. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm not really into the metal homage angle either. Expand
  2. gamer
    Oct 16, 2009
    For me, any game under 7 is a zero since i won't play it for long so why should it matter? anyways, the game is an utter disappointment. i've played 4 hrs of it. i can't say there is anything great about this. the soundtrack is good but who cares? it is basically real songs that you can find anywhere. the humor while being great at first, gets old REALLY fast. the quests For me, any game under 7 is a zero since i won't play it for long so why should it matter? anyways, the game is an utter disappointment. i've played 4 hrs of it. i can't say there is anything great about this. the soundtrack is good but who cares? it is basically real songs that you can find anywhere. the humor while being great at first, gets old REALLY fast. the quests are utterly simple, i can't help but feel that this game was made for casual gamers. the combat is idiotic, the entire time i wasn't even sure that i could die at all. the world is almost empty, it feels like theres nothing to explore(it seems full but they're just fillers). raising the garages are stupid too. this game lets you find metal ruins and raise them, it lets you go inside and buy upgrades. at first i thought there would be many ruins, but it turns out it's basically the same thing everywhere. i was shocked the first time i entered my second garage and realized its the same thing. i did not advance far enough to see real rts but from what i've seen, it looks like they were trying to create Overlord but failed miserably. Overlord wasn't great to begin with. last but not least, this is a small bit but it bugged me to no end; the car automatically brakes when you get go of the gas. no game i've ever played does that, the car always drifts when you let go. it was just such a weird feeling i couldn't shake it. tl;dr boring as hell hack and slash game. difficulty and depth was made for casual gamers ie those who play web games in their free time. hack and slash is a very difficult genre to make a good game out of, one of the only few good ones was god of war. brutal legends is recommended for those who don't play games often but enjoy metal music and themes. Expand
  3. Kaz
    Oct 13, 2009
    The game was really short and the side quests were quite repetitive. While some of the gameplay aspects were interesting, they were not very developed and some (like the RTS stuff) do not seem to fit in. Overall I would say it was quite disappointing considering the amount of hype it was given.

Brutal Legend is a tour de force that wraps up humor, music, and clever gameplay into one highly polished package. You haven't played a game quite like this before and won't want to miss it.
    Charming and clever in equal portions, Brütal Legend is a classic example of cohesive game design...In an age of ever-increasing monotony and creative stagnation, a game like Brütal Legend is brash, proud, subversive and triumphant - and it deserves to succeed. Get on board, crank it up and make it so. Two horns up.
  3. There are very, very few games which truly make me sit back and go “wow”. Among the slew of games that I’ve reviewed this year, there are only a couple that I really enjoyed playing, and continue to do so. Brutal Legend is one such game – even though I aced my Public Speaking and English Literature classes, words only slur together when I try to describe this game. Truth be told, I only heard about the game in the last month or so, but after spending a good amount of time with it, I was transformed from a mere gamer into a rocking, die-hard fan.