7.5

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I could not expect less from Epic Games! As always, they did not disappoint me. This game is a masterpiece in a world where first person shooters are all the same.
  2. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  3. Feb 22, 2011
    Picked it up midnight launch and I absolutely love it. Don't be suckered in by the Gears 3 beta, enjoy the game and having a good time. I loved this and this was NOT a disappointment.
  4. Feb 22, 2011
    Hahaha im having so much fun with this game. Don't listen to the negative review. This is one of the most creative shooters ever made, and im only through act 1. Outrageous fun
  5. Feb 22, 2011
    I don't know what GameCritic is thinking, but a 1 for Bulletstorm... That is ridicules! Looks like he works for Sony since he gave Killzone 3 a 9. Killzone which by the way is coming out on the same day as Bulletstorm, so he must be scared to death of it :) Bulletstorm is the best game I have played since the first modern warfare. It changes everything, just like MW did. Every shooter after Bulletstorm and I will be missing the kick button and the leash. Clearly a 10 in my book! Expand
  6. Feb 24, 2011
    My goodness, i havnt seen a game with this much character since UT3 and thats sayin sumthin. The game mechanics are great and a breath of fresh air. Its also a wicked fun time. U know what? im gonna go play it once i finish writing this review!
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game with a lot of action and funny dialoges .Skillshots is very cool idea.
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bulletstorm is the most BADASS game ever made by human being. Really crazy weapons. Good story and nice multiplayer. What else do you want? Kill with skill baby! Expand
  9. Feb 28, 2011
    Bulletstorm excels at what it is aimed for which is to take the generic, boring FPS which the series is destined for and throws it out the window. Unless you are a hardcore serious military shooter, or a snooty person that gets offended by vulgarity you will have fun playing this game. The skillshot system adds a nice touch to the gameplay with some cool and funny kills that no other game recently has. It also has Anarchy mode which is like Gears' horde mode but with a purpose to get the most points possible as a team. I must say playing through anarchy with my friend quite a few times it doesnt get stale like horde mode. There are a few things they could iron out like the guys not dying how they should but it rarely ruins the mood. People that are expecting PVP multiplayer clearly didnt think it through. Imagine getting leashed and flying through the air helplessly as you are killed with no chance of fighting back. Also imagine getting hit with a flailgun and being wrapped up while you walk around. It just wouldnt keep the feel of the game and to be honest would be just plain irritating. I must admit Echos mode which is like a time trial for points isnt really all that fun because its just the campaign all over again and doesnt really hold the competitive aspect its supposed to. Bottom line is that this game isnt like any other and is a breath of fresh air for the FPS genre. Expand
  10. Feb 22, 2011
    THE GAME IS awesome the game have the amazing fun and great graphic do i need to tell other thing the game is great so it s the best first person shooter ever made masterpiece thank you epic games.release gears of war3 fast i can t wait
  11. Feb 22, 2011
    Anyone check out GameCritic's page? 4 reviews, he gave Uncharted 2 a 10, Killzone 3 a 9, Bulletstorm for 360 a 1, and Bulletstorm for PS3 a 7! The Sony fanboy is hating. Take it from an honest reviewer, this is I good game
  12. Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed. That's when I realized that bulletstorm way is very addictive and enjoyable. It brings the challenge back to the FPS genre and that's something we miss out on lately, when games are all about short time movie like experience where the only challenges we get are ms achievements Expand
  13. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
    Graphic quality is very very high. OFC it's not a Crysis but come on... It's just wonderful.
    Sound is also very good.
    The only thing I don't like is lack of true multiplayer.
    But I'm in love with Bulletstorm anyway...
  14. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action
    of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  15. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude of skill shots amaze as does the ability of writers to come up with new and often hysterical ways of using swear words. If you are looking for an intelligent paced shooter do not look here. Bulletstorm is endlessly replayable and offers modes such as echoes to try to up your score and top friends scores. The multiplayer is solid but could use a few tweaks but overall it is a nice bonus. I am still anxiously awaiting Gears of War 3 but until September arrives this "Blood Symphony" will be enough to sate my thirst. Expand
  16. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  17. Feb 22, 2011
    I feel it will be the best FPS of 2011. It is great to play it, defenetly better then Borderlans. It was great idea to implement skillpoints. There a TONS of way to kill eniemies, and it is fun to discover it.
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    Simple as that: Bulletstorm is the most fun First Person Shooter I've played in my whole life. If you liked Gears of War you can't go wrong on this one. Go ahead, have a blast and wait for the sequel.
  19. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  20. Feb 22, 2011
    Great controls. Great game play. Lots of humor. So far i've laughed and enjoyed this game a lot. Finding different ways to kill things is very enjoyable.
  21. Feb 23, 2011
    Exactly what I wanted! Provides an INCREDIBLE backdrop for a fresh idea in the first person genre... plus it's freaking hilarious with all of the colorful language! Made for someone who grew up in the days of Arcade, and can enjoy getting the "highest score." It's not meant for COD loyalists, but it's definitely different if that's what you want :) Insane artwork!!! Most important, it's FUN!!!
  22. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  23. Feb 23, 2011
    Absolutely love this game already. It reminds me of a cross between Gears of War, Call of Duty and a slight amount of Halo. It's had me cracking up on more than one occasion so far. Excellent game play. The controls feel very good. If you're into Gears or any first person shooter, do yourself a favor and check this one out. It won't disappoint.
  24. Feb 25, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing Echoes mode - tons of replayability! Expand
  25. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm gives us a fresh dose of humor, variety, and gameplay. It introduces new and likable characters that I hope weâ
  26. Feb 26, 2011
    The epic games did a wonderful game with a lot of action and blood,i really enjoyed this game ,ive never hourded about people can fly but they did an awesome game.
  27. Feb 25, 2011
    Epic Games (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) and People Can Fly (Painkiller) join forces and create an action-packed shooter. Everything about this game screams entertainment. The weapons are entertaining, the skillshots are entertaining, the dirty dialogue is entertaining, etc. The only problem is the pacing. Act 6, while good, is not as good as the other acts. Still, people that are a little tired of the yearly iterations of Call of Duty should check this out. Expand
  28. Feb 23, 2011
    The fact that Epic's advertising of a Gears of War 3 beta was one of this game's primary marketing tactics is a little sad. This game could've easily sold me even without the promised beta (although it definitely helps). Many reviews that I have personally read are saying how disappointed they are and that the gameplay is a huge letdown. Ummm, if you watched any of the gameplay videos and did even a tiny bit of research, how exactly is it a letdown? I expected an intense, creative, visceral shooter that did not have any real competitive aspect to it. And that's exactly what I got. The primary multiplayer that is shown off is Anarchy Mode, which is basically just Gear's Horde Mode on roids. I don't understand what all of these people who were letdown were expecting. Were they expecting some ridiculously complex shooter that would last longer than COD and have an equal amount of replay vaue? Because if so, the ones who were letdown are clearly imbeciles that have no idea how to do proper research when looking into possible game purchases. The game's graphics are good, but not stellar. For those of you who thought they were going to be better, did you not watch gameplay videos? The single player campaign is much more polished than I expected, despite some repetitive environments. The dialogue is extremely funny the majority of the time, but when it's not, it's actually somewhat cheesy. I've also seen several reviews that gave it a lower score because it is "immature"...Once again, did you not do any research? The voice acting also exceeds my expectations, with most of it being very well done. The campaign contains some insane set pieces and awesome situations, ranging from outrunning colossal beats to fending off giant "grindwheels". The entire length on normal ranges from 6-8 hours, and despite its somewhat short length, it's very rewarding and worth a playthrough or two more. The skillshot system is over the top, and I found much entertainment in experimenting with different weapons and combinations to see what new skillshots I could produce. There's basically a skillshot for almost any sensible way to kill someone and some of them are quite hilarious. The core gameplay mechanics work extremely well and the gunplay is tight. The variety of weapons are amusing, although I am a little disappointed in the small number of them in Anarchy Mode available to you. Despite this, Anarchy Mode is a blast, constantly rewarding you with points to spend in-game as well as leveling up and character skin customization. It goes all the way up to level 65, so it will take awhile to achieve the maximum rank, although since I find it so entertaining, it's just another perk. However, there are only 5 maps, and the unique environmental kills on each of them tends to stale a little after grinding out wave after wave of enemies. The new downloadable content that was announced the release date is going to be set for a price at 800 Microsoft Points, consisting of 3 new maps, some new Echoes, and some other little things that slip my mind at the moment. Given the few maps we have to begin with, I think that this DLC should be free, and would easily boost the game's online playability by a large margin. Echo Mode isn't bad, but I can only play each Echo enough times until I get all of the achievements that require you to do so. I know that there are many others that can grind out a ton of points in each Echo, shooting for a new high score everytime, but that's not for me. Overall, Bulletstorm is exactly what i expected, and a little more. It's an over the top, insanely creative, and gory shooter that relies more on skill kills rather than headshots everytime. For that, it's commendable. I don't think that this game "changes everything", as mentioned in earlier reviews, nor does it revolutionize anything. This seems like a start to a great franchise, and I would love to see a sequel. If you're expecting this game to be what I mentioned earlier, then you won't be disappointed. If you're expecting the next COD, then you're an idiot and I'm glad you wasted your money. Expand
  29. Feb 25, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I bought this game for Bulletstorm, not for the Gears of War 3 beta - I actually despise Gears of War and most likely won't even play the beta, but that's a different story. The reason I gave this game a 10 is simple: there's literally no other game like it. And in this day and age, that is not only very important to me, but should be very important to every gamer. The campaign is short, maybe 10 hours max (and fun as hell the entire time), but you really can't expect much longer than that from a FPS. Echoes mode is fun, especially if you like competing on leaderboards with your friends or even the rest of the world for that matter. Now the multiplayer is where this game gets its re-playability from in my opinion. As others have said, there are 65 experience levels to go through, all while you're unlocking new skins for your character and gun. There *are* only 6 maps, but all of them are so different and unique that it really doesn't bother me at all. There are 20 waves of enemies to get through and after playing multiplayer for at least 10 hours, I've never had a group go all the way. The closest I've gotten was when I did a private match by myself and actually got to wave 20, died multiple times, and then went to sleep (I'm not sure if it's actually possible to finish wave 20 by yourself. I would always make the score requirement, but then still have 50+ enemies to go through, half of which are mini-bosses, and then eventually just die since you don't have teammates to help you up when you go down). My only real complaint about the multiplayer is that there are so many people playing this game that don't actually know how to play, I often get into games where we literally cannot get past a certain wave because people are trying to just kill as many enemies as quickly as possible and not actually trying to maximize the amount of points that they get from said enemies. One last thing - to anyone that was disappointed by Bulletstorm, I have one question: Did you not play the demo? Expand
  30. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS's out there, with weak single player and the same old Multi-Player. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy COD and look forward to Homefront, but this game is unique and I highly recommend it, Expand
  31. Feb 27, 2011
    Never in a million years I'd suspect that such an over the top game like Bulletstorm will find its place not only on my shelf, but also in my heart. Based on the marketing campaign, as a female gamer I have expected nothing but a testosterone-filled machismo and score-point based gameplay (which is fine for Angry Birds, but I expect something else from my big console games).

Anyway, let's
    cut the long story short. Bulletstorm is only partially what I have imagined: yes, it's pretty, yes, there's testosterone, yes, there's OTT. There's also a soul, something missing from games - should I say "products"? - lately. Some moments are mind blowing (Wallington P. Tallylicker - you will miss him) and something I have never seen in games. The shocker is that there is a story, and while it's nothing more but "adventure movie", it's better than ...any shooter I have ever played. Skillshots are fun, and while I don't feel like I need to compete for the higher score, I still wanted to get that "one more try".

It's sad to see thue user score for this game artifically lowered by the fans of Killzone, but I have decided to award this game with 10 not to offset their shenanigans, but because it simply deserves it. Really something special.
  32. Feb 24, 2011
    This game was made by People Can Fly. I want to start out with this statement mainly because so many people out there are putting such a heavy emphasis on things like "I could not expect less from Epic Games!" and things of the like. This game is a primary development by People Can Fly. Epic did jump in and help with some things, and it is an EA Partners Program game. However the base of the game, the overall feel of the game, how it works is attributed to People Can Fly. Now, DanKageakaTeamK stated that the story was where the game got him, but the skillshot system was where it lost him. Don't get me wrong, I understand whole heartedly that a game is not for everybody. There will always be people who don't like certain games. What I don't understand is why he would go purchase a game that is being hyped about it's skillshot system, when you don't like the skillshot system. The Demo Alone would have shown him that the game wasn't for him. ODESSA_Z gave the game a negative review in place of a mixed review feeling that the Average User Score was not reflective of the game itself, and it needed to be taken down a peg. I just want to point out how this is completely contradictory to a real average score. If from your viewpoint the game deserved a mixed review, you should have given it such and eventually, if enough people felt the way you did, mixed reviews would come in and make the game the score you feel. Yet to give it a bad review in place of mixed is just poor taste. He also stated that the mechanics were that of your basic FPS game. I have to disagree in that the leash/kick/slide system, also in how you sprint in the game. Are not that of a normal FPS., and People Can Fly made that system work very well. Now if your referring to it having ADS and being First Person, yeah it's like a normal FPS because its an FPS, you cannot change too much because then the game no longer fits in that Genre. Overall I thought the Graphics were very good in this game. The cinematics could have been done a little bit better in graphics, but they were fine overall. Gameplay Mechanics are very smooth and well polished. The story itself is nice since it gives the game more substance and base on which to play the campaign on. I am alright with their not being any Vs. Multiplayer because I'm a little tired of it honestly. I want some good Co-Op and thats part of the reason to get this game. I don't feel the story detracts from the game at all either like many reviewers are stating. How can you honestly knock a company for having a nice story for campaign mode? I give the game a 9 in that it was a little bit shrot, and the load screens were a little too often, otherwise it's a great game. Expand
  33. Feb 24, 2011
    Pure Gaming Goodness! This is a Gamers Game and if you can not find enjoyment in this title you should really look into a new hobby. It is a breathe of fresh air and it has a original dynamic that offers up hours of entertainment.
  34. Feb 28, 2011
    Great game, lots of action and I'm having great fun with this game. Locations are breath taking, boss fights are EPIC! Epic and People Can Fly made a great job with this game. THX guys for BulletStorm!!!And Gen. Serano, he is a masterpiece, a really really bad general :) OK back to console to kick some more skulz.
  35. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  36. Mar 6, 2011
    OK, so its a stop gap as we wait for Duke Nukem, but its not just a stop gap its far more than Gears of Bore and allot more fun than Call of Run, Shoot, Die & Repeat Duty. with great cheesy dialogue and frantic game play a wonderful multiplier system its just great fun, its not gonna keep you playing for ever but it certainly will entertain you when ever your bored. i really like its my current hour to spare game. Expand
  37. Mar 17, 2011
    The bottom line with Bulletstorm is that it's very innovative. This is rare in the FPS genre, too many serious FPS's are far too serious and all become facsimiles that conform to similar ideas. Bulletstorm pushes this conformity and throws it off a river riddled with bullets. The narrative could be stronger, the online components should be stronger, and the over emphasis on curse based jokes are subtle complaints to an otherwise totally fresh and thoroughly addictive and fun shooter Expand
  38. Mar 9, 2011
    To sum up Bulletstorm in one simple, glorious and oft forgotten word in gaming? FUN! Sick, twisted and sadistic grin inducing fun. It's one of the rare games that I found myself having fun, even when I died. Fanboyism aside, as I just simply love a good shooter - doesn't matter for what system, Bulletstorm keeps me coming back after 2 playthroughs and 1 complete Echo run. Whereas Killzone 3, which I actually started playing 1st - I still have NOT finished as it proved to be nothing more than a retread and a grind (SP campaign only - not talking about MP). The leash mechanic and numerous over the top killshots are incredibly intoxicating and oh, so cathartic. Yes, the dialog and skillshot names can be juvenile at times, and hell I'm a 40 year old adult, but after playing KZ3 and the amazing Dead Space 2 there is something to be said for a game that allows, rather NEEDS, you to turn off your brain and just go with it! It gives no allusions to being something it's not other than fantastic shooter that is truly engaging, often strategic and just plain simple fun! Expand
  39. Feb 28, 2011
    i highly recommend it. Still, be careful when picking up this game, as it will ruin every other FPS for you. This really is a noticeable evolutionary step in the genre of FPS and after playing it for a few hours you will be instinctively reaching for the kick and leash buttons in any FPS you will play from now on. And not finding them will feel disappointing.
  40. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply fantastic. Really good graphics, nice sounds and music, but the most important aspect in Bullestorm is gameplay. It's incredible. Pacing is outstanding, skillshots are awesome and finally game is really fun. Must have for all FPS fans :)
  41. Mar 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is different than CoD, MoH, BF, blah blah blah. Not better, nor worse. Just different. Good graphics, good music and good gameplay - but it's hard to hit the market today without such a basis. Bulletstorm also provides a fantastic game. First of all, a solid dose of humor. This is a recently neglected in FPS games. Instead of humor we get often banal, pathetic, crudely patriotic talks. Bulletstorm distances itself. It's nice to return to the roots of FPS games. Similarly, a pleasant surprise is the ranking system of Echo, where you can compete with your friends in the race for best score for a spectacular fight on selected pieces of maps. For me it's definitely one of the best debuts of recent years. Expand
  42. Mar 2, 2011
    Finally, a fresh first person shooter that focus on being fun instead of serious. The time I spent with Bulletstorm is definitely worth it and even after the single player campaign Iâ
  43. Mar 3, 2011
    Intensely fun, creatively violent, grippingly immersive and unforgivably funny. Oh boy, Oh boy! This is what gaming is all about. This game has everything for old school and new school gamers to enjoy!
  44. May 29, 2011
    Este juego es excelente. La historia es buena , el multijugador es excelente y trishka esta bien buena.
    Comprenlo, rentenlo, pidanlo prestado. Da igual pero jueguenlo ya.
  45. Mar 10, 2011
    Believe me, this game is fantastic! I can't remember the last time i had so much fun with an fps, It makes other shooters like Call Of Duty and Killzone feel slow and dull in comparison. This is a game for people who remember that first and foremost, gaming is about having fun.
  46. DME
    Mar 25, 2013
    Apart from some bad dialogue and unfitting drama, Bulletstorm is a great deal of fun. It's very unique and just a blast to play, all due to some very intelligent design decisions. For one, you can reload while you attack or run, which keeps an empty clip from stopping the action. You also have a variety of quirky weapons, similar to weapons found in the Ratchet-&-Clank series. The arcade points you get are used as currency rather than just "score" to be posted on leaderboards. The campaign is varied, environments are interesting, and the game also throws some cool boss battles into the mix, too. Due to the arcade nature of the game, the campaign also has a good amount of replay value. I can see myself going back to play it a second or third time, increasing the difficulty level. Anyway, Bulletstorm won't teach you anything worthwhile and you aren't going to be a smarter individual for playing it, but it sure as hell is FUN. Expand
  47. Apr 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had just rented this game from a local Family Video for one day during a sleepover at a friends. I have a few things to say about this, some of which aren't so pleasing. First of all, since Epic was the developer of this game, I knew it would have thought it had a great set of characters with a great storyline and a good sense of humor with the "right" amount of curse words used, along with well- developed graphics, imaginative enemies and ways of killing them, a lot like in the famous series of video games known as Gears of War. I was a bit wrong for some of those thoughts, but let me say, I think that the ideas in this game were taken from other popular games. Think about it, if you have played this, the enemies are wasteland junkies that take a lot of lead to lie on the ground and have very creative weapons near- hand, a lot like in the award- winning 2K game of 2009 and 2010, Borderlands. The idea of a half- retired drunk that knows how to use a gun, is a total tool, and is hated by most of his crew, including a teacher's pet- like Asian soldier. Also, a lot like in Gears of War. I also think that the idea of evil plants that could kill people, even your enemies, is a lot like the Legend of Zelda, or Super Mario series. I would also like to mention the unrealistic slides and non- living dangers, such as the giant wheel that chases you when you obtain your first defeated boss's turret gun, are a bit disappointing, on account that this game is from the same developers as the legendary Gears of War, along with the publishers of the epic Battlefield, Dead Space, and many more. Then again, with all of the disappointments that this game contained, it did keep me occupied and very, very entertained. Also, on a side note, a congratulations to the developers on getting the Cartoon Network announcer for their commercials to play the main voice of Captain Grey. Thanks for reading, and if you still are, I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the classic, creative, brutally gory and time- taking video games. Expand
  48. Mar 15, 2011
    It is great to get a FPS that feels fresh and new. Bulletstorm feels kind of like Unreal Tournament meets Gears of War. It's a fresh new game and I can't wait to see if this becomes a new franchise from Epic Games!
  49. Jun 11, 2011
    FUN! FUN!! & MORE FUN!!!.......................had a right laugh playing this,my only moan is it's over to quick...very fresh..a gamers game...great graphics and a storyline...as to DANTE777 learn to spell mate...and get back on your ps3...i have both consoles and will only leave reviews for the 360 on the 360 page etc...get some more daylight boy.....to all you 360's out there buy this its brillant.. Expand
  50. Mar 19, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a new and memorable entry into the first person genre. The new skillshot system held a lot of promise and fully delivered! Some people might see this as gimmicky, like me. I was very suprised by the compelling story of revenge filled to the brim with dick jokes! I had a fantastic time with bulletstorm, but I wonder how much longer i'll keep coming back..
  51. Mar 22, 2011
    Bulletstorm came as an unexpected surprise. Actually didn't had any high hopes for the game but when I inserted the disc and started playing I couldn't stop and played through the whole solo campaign in one session. Love the game, a candidate for best game of the year!

Graphics: Wonderful!! As good as it gets on PS3!

Sound: What you expect, good surround and the sounds of your weapons
    make them feel really powerful. The only negative is some of the ambient sounds. Like the waterfalls, when you are standing only a couple of meters from them its not the roar you could expect. But the character dialog is good and dont listen to the people who complains about the dickjokes, its actually not that often and really is what you expect from hardcore military guys.

Story: Actually a really good story for a FPS and you actually want to play on just to see what happens in the next chapter in the storyline. In the end of the single-person story you just know there will definitely be a sequel to this excellent game.

Multiplayer: Had some problems finding a game so can´t really write something here.

Replay value: Ok, because you just want to play it again and try out all the kill-shots you missed the first time.

Overall: A shooter that doesn't get boring. Why? Because of the kill-moves, you really try to be as creative as possible in killing your enemies just to get more points for guns, ammo and upgrades. The solo-campaign is way too short!! Its actually the first game I have played through in one session. I hope they will release updates with new solo content.

If it wasn't for the lame ambient sounds and the short solo campaign I would have give it a solid 10 but now it gets a 9 instead.

Sorry for my bad English, its not my primary language. :)
  52. Mar 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's here. One of 2011's most anticipated games... are you ready to Kill With Skill? Bulletstorm is a first-person action shooter filled with comedy, crudeness, blood and a damn load of swearing.

Set in the 26th century, you meet Grayson Hunt, a space pirate, alongside his crew. He and his crew are on the run, as they have a huge bounty on their heads, all thanks to General Sarrano, who had them killing innocent civilians, whom they had thought were really murders, thieves etc. When Grayson spots Sarrano's ship in the distance, he decides to attack it, knowing he could put his whole crew under jeopardy. He goes for it anyway, and doing so, manages to wreck his ship and Sarrano's. Both ships crash land on Stygia, a baron wasteland where crazed people attack anything they see. Grayson's crew manages to survive, but Ishi is losing his life... fast. The only way he can live is to obtain a piece of machinery that he is to be plugged into, knowingly turning him into an android. Grayson obtains the part, but obtains something else too, known as "The Leash", a blue whip that combines with your DNA to allow you to creatively kill your opponents and be rewarded for it. Everyone of Graysonâ
  53. Apr 7, 2011
    I myself have not got this game but the revues i've been seeing cannot give it justice. I have seen many of the Gameplay videos and trailers on this game and it looks Very good. I mean to upgrade your guns and Powers you need to kill Creatively? I mean that's just genuis any game which rewards you for doing insane combo's and throwing people into the air and blowing their heads of with revolvers just wins in my book. Expand
  54. Apr 9, 2011
    Serious fun, without taking itself too seriously. I have no idea what the critics are complaining about with regard to the language/vulgarity. You can turn it off in the settings. I haven't had this much fun since Atari tank battle,Galaga and the pin ball table Silver Ball Mania, when I was a kid ;). It reminds me of a video GAME. Again, really, REALLY fun.
  55. MJR
    Sep 12, 2011
    I really enjoy the gore, the perverse, and the curses (some of which are incredibly inventive) that this game employs. Sure it's goofy and over the top but every once in a while it's fun to get creative with how you kill your multitude of enemies! Is it the best looking game I've ever seen? No. There are some texture issues on the character models up close that gives them a sort of blobby(?) look which sort of reminds me of the first Dragon Age. Other than that the game really does look good, just not completely amazing. Gameplay is great. Kicking, shooting, sliding, leashing, sometimes even drinking giving your character blurred vision, unsteady aim, and slower movement for the perk of added points for kills. The points system is really interesting and it certainly adds a new dimension as you need to get as many points as you can to buy upgrades and more importantly more ammo. It's fun trying to complete the various "kill with skill" objectives seeing if you have it in you to do it. Anyway this game is a lot of fun and I'd highly recommend it especially if you can find it for a cheaper price. Totally worth it. Expand
  56. Apr 22, 2011
    This is a bold game that stands out from the litter of war shooters that are seemingly released in batches each year. It has a great story, and great gameplay. The environments are very varied, from beginning to end, and the voice acting and characters are great. However, that is not to say this game is perfect, as no game is. I feel that the story could've been slightly longer, as it took me around 6 hours to complete on normal difficulty. I also think that the game would've benefited from a better and more well thought out multiplayer mode, in order to keep crowds coming back after finishing the story. Never the less, Bulletstorm is a great game, however, it is not on par with what people may've come to expect from Epic Games after Gears Of War and Unreal Tournament. Expand
  57. Apr 23, 2011
    BULLETSTORM has ruined other shooters for me with its point based gameplay thhis is no pedestrain shooter if you want to enjoy game like black ops still i reccomend a more leashed game than this.i fear it has ruined gears of war 3 for me.its point based gameplay has you coming back more and more its like facebook its heroin its a drug it feels great the controls feel like they should challenging but easy to adapt to.the guns feel meaty and diffrent and come on making a man "breakdance"on the ground is brilliant. SKILLSHOT WON EPIC WIN +100000000000000000 Expand
  58. Apr 28, 2011
    Love the game but the level act 3 chapter 2 keeps glitching on the part when u go down the waterfall..... Plz help me if u know how to do it. now I have to type more cuz this has to be 150 characters long :D
  59. May 17, 2011
    I 'd like to start off by saying that this game has something that many games are lacking these days, FUN. It brings a genuinely new and fresh vibe to the first person shooter,It feels great to control and has great graphics and art direction,many huge vistas to behold.Bulletstorm also has great setpieces,controlling a giant mechadinosaur is a great highlight.Coming from epic games and people can fly I wouldent expect any less,great job guys Expand
  60. Jun 19, 2011
    this game is great i mean fantastic just superb when u combine ultimate gameplay with a great and hilarious campaign plus the replay ability and all the great and creative ways of killing your opponents u cant turn a cornor without seeing a creative way of killing ur opponents but they introduced all the guns way to quick so it deserves this grade
  61. Sep 1, 2011
    I have to say i really enjoyed this game. If you want to play an arcade style shooter, this is your best bet. Graphic, Audio, Music and environment are all well done and create an immersive atmosphere. Guns could have been done better, particularly the rifle feels a bit underpowered and the enemies are like bullet spongues when using it, but then again you dont play this shooter like any other. If you play it like its meant to be played, using the whip, boot as well as alternative fire and the environment, its a hell of a lot of fun!

The levels are gorgeous, large and despite being linear, i never felt boxed in like this is the case with the CoD series. The skill-kill system makes sense and is particularly fun once you start playing the Echo time/score runs. I find myself playing them even now from time to time when i only have 10 or 20 min of game time - trying to beat the score of a friend or just beating my own. The story is a typical run of the mill revenge plot, but with a few nice (if expected) twists. Nothing to write home about, but its told in a fun way. Initially i was not too sure about the over the top and partially very coarse language, but Bulletstorm actually makes fun of itself at times and so it strangely works for me. Definitely a recommendation from me, it is a great fun shooter that should keep you entertained for some time thanks to Echo and MP modes on top of the SP campaign.
  62. Sep 16, 2011
    Finally, a game that brings new tools to the FPS table! If you can get through the vulgar language, you will find that Bulletstorm is a gem. I was expecting a soft-of first person Gears of War, but I think I actually like Bulletstorm better. It's uncommon to see this much variety in enemies and weapons anymore in shooters. The leash and kick abilities have to be the icing on the cake, though. Figuring out new ways to disembody your enemies never gets old, and this game certainly gives you plenty of options to keep you busy for many hours. It's beautiful, unique, and flat-out fun. I also loved the story! The only reason I took off a point is because it's a game that I would not feel comfortable playing in front of my parents - mature language is frequent with shooters, but Borderlands is on a level all its own. Expand
  63. Sep 22, 2011
    This game is so epic, It was developed by a company called epic! As of most of EPIC's games, i have enjoyed them, but that's it. With Bulletstorm, Its a different story. The humor, graphics, controls, amazing weapons and challenges are so awesome, its insane.
  64. Jan 10, 2012
    Dick **** I loved this game the moment I started playing the demo. The campaign turned out to have a decent engaging story, which surprised me a bit, and was worth the full play-through only to get a cliffhanger. The thing that kept me coming back for more was the Echoes mode. I just loved finding more creative ways to kill. Anyone who said this game has no re-playability just isn't creative. I'd usually find myself laughing my ass off after finding another fantastic way to kill someone. Shooting someone in the balls then kicking their head in for a Mercy kill? Hell yeah! Thumping a group of enemies into the air and launch one into another with a charged Penetrator for Wing Man? Count me in! This game simply brings a whole new meaning to doing it "for teh lulz". The only draw back was the lack of a real multiplayer experience. All we got was the Anarchy co-op mode. Would have been more fun to team-kill other players instead of A.I. Missed opportunity, IMO. Great graphics, great voice acting, great gameplay, awesome dialog, and the ability to control a mechazoid named Wally P. Tallylicker. What's not to love?! Expand
  65. Dec 2, 2012
    If you are looking for a serious, tactical, realistic military simulation...this isn't it. However, this game is brilliant mainly because it isn't all the fore mentioned things. Not just that it isn't, but it goes overboard in celebrating that it isn't. The skill shots are a great feature to a genre that has over the years become rather formulaic in nature. Bulletstorm breaks the mold with a sledge hammer, then shoots it and finally blows it up. If you enjoy fast paced, crazy mayhem filled shooters, this game is for you. If you want to spend you time counting your bullets and working on coordinated attacks with a team of equally serious sims, go play Arma Expand
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    Now don't get me wrong, this is a great game. however, after the first few levels, the game lacked enough variety and creativity in its set pieces and levels. However, i do applaud the game for its tense conclusion, which led me to play on until the very end. Next time, Make it more interesting cliffy b?
  67. Nov 15, 2011
    I bought this game just cause it had the voice actor Steve Blum in it. What I didn't expect was it to be "fun". This game was a huge refresher from all the first person shooters that we have today. Bulletstorm is a game where the developers and writes just didn't give a **** and had fun. It's hilariously stupid and all around just wacky. If you want a game that you can just mellow out with and have some fun bulletstorm is for you. Expand
  68. Jan 4, 2012
    Bulletstorm was the most underrated game of 2011. Many slated the game as a disappointment but I loved it. The graphics were great and fully took advantage of the Unreal Engine 3 (3.5 according to some sources) and adds colors that you don
  69. Apr 11, 2012
    Few games are able to deliver an immersive, action-packed and original game concept and still be an excellent experience. Bulletstorm is one of the small selection of games that has managed to pull this off with flying colours. Make no mistake, first person shooters are rapidly reaching their use-by date and it takes a fresh and original concept to make gamers still want to enjoy them. Bulletstorm does this not by its spectacular graphic or sound design, but by the ability to make a serious game but at the same time, let the player have a ridiculous amount of fun in its world. You play as Grayson Hunt, the leader of a disbanded squad that has crash landed on a foreign planet. You've set yourself the task of killing the ignorant man who used you and your team to murder civilians. You'll have to fight a wide range of enemies through a constantly collapsing world in order to reach him. But don't worry, you'll get plenty of weapons to help you do just that. Though the weapons are far fetched, the amount of fun that they can bring far exceeds that of a current-time based firearm. There is something for everybody, including an accurate assault rifle, a quad-barrelled shotgun and even a remote controlled sniper rifle. There is also your leash, which will instantly become your best friend as its power to devastatingly melee enemies in slow motion possesses you. Combining the power of the leash, melee and weapons is the key to success and is where there is the most fun to be had. The sequences in the middle section of the game can get slightly repetitive but the gameplay quickly regains interest and leads up to a breathtaking climax. Whilst delivering big with fun and action, the storyline is memorable and has a very serious element to it. Aside from the hilarious quotes and humorous, colourful atmosphere, the story of the game remains strong and the acting from each of the characters is to be commended. It is difficult to pull off so much diversity in the average game these days, but Bulletstorm is none of the sort. As if the very lengthy single-player campaign wasn't enough, there is plenty to do elsewhere. There is a very robust "Echoes" challenge mode as well as a well-structured and addictive multiplayer mode. Also, with downloadable content on the way, you'll surely get your money's worth out of this game. Bulletstorm is destined for multiple sequels and serves as a reminder that Epic Games is one of the most powerful, ambitious and successful game developers around today. Expand
  70. Feb 16, 2013
    I gave this game a 10/10 for two reasons. One, it's far and away more original and satisfying than anything the folks at Treyarch and/or Infinity Ward, et. al. can come up with. And second, I had to do something to combat the overabundance of negative reviews on this site by armchair developers who think just because they have an XBOX 360 that automatically makes them an authority on all things video game related. If you haven't played Bulletstorm yet do yourself a favor and do so immediately. It's well worth your time. Oh, and and don't pay attention to the mouth breathers. It's people like them that are ruining this business by perpetuating games like Black Ops 2 and similar mindless Expand
  71. May 3, 2014
    After playing and loving Gears Of War, i bought Bulletstorm. This game offers some nice fresh mechanics like kicking an enemy on to a cactus or blowing his brains out!!! I am reviewing this game in 2014, so the graphics are ok. the storyline was fairly decent, as well. The chain gun is insanely awesome, as it can obliterate anyone in your path! Before i played Bulletstorm, i was thinking about a game which lets you control your sniper bullets. Bulletstorm lets you do this!!!! Everything that i want in a game is here: a great shooting mechanic, crazy gun stunts, and insane enemies. I won't be reviewing multiplayer, as i don't have Xbox Live. And this 10/10 game cost me only £2.50! After buying an Xbox 360 in Christmas 2013, i have started to love Epic Games. I can't really think of any bad things to say about Bulletstorm, so that's my review. In short: GO BUY BULLETSTORM! Expand
  72. May 12, 2014
    bulletstorm is a very good game, it's only a bit underrated. the gameplay is fun and fluent. the humor is funny but sometimes a little bit forced. the action is over the top and there are a lot of ways to kill your enemies, although some of them are just too hard to accomplish. the story is good but not that special, and the ending might be a bit disapointing. i am hoping for a sequel, because bulletstorm is still after 3 years worth your time and money Expand
  73. Dec 1, 2012
    I've played a lot of first person shooters (own just about every one of them). To me, this game was a new treat to play and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it has the following combinations of other first person shooters:

Serious Sam 3 (for the insane # and variety of bad guys which constantly rush at you.)
    Bioshock (for the well thought out use of the "left hand" as a unique weapon
    and 'ugly' bad guys)
    Sniper (for the really cool sniper shots you can make, controlling the bullet all the way to the target - note: kudos for an AI which will try and dodge the bullet making it a nice challenge even on easy mode.)
    Singularity (for the 'specific' spots on certain enemies that you need to shoot)
    Half-Life (for the 'tiny' bit of puzzle solving you need to do on some levels)

There's a unique challenge on setting up which weapons you should use for the next rush of bad guys. If you liked Serious Sam 3 and the other games mentioned above, I think you'll find this game a nice blend of new challenges. I especially like the part where you "kick" a bad guy into spikes or off cliffs (which give you more points to buy better weapons/ammo.) I haven't completed the game yet (been playing it for about a week now) but every time I think I've reached the final stage, it keeps going and going throwing more bad guys with new ways they need to be killed or how I need to strategically kill them. It isn't an epic game I'd put into the same level as something like Half-Life or the Call of Duty type games but it's one of the few games I think I may enjoy replaying again once I'm done just to see if I can do it on a more difficult level. Well worth the $ of the game in my opinion.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Not a bad game, but also not a great one that misses the mark on a few levels, most notably the dialog for this gamer. I am sure there's a target market out there who eats this type of language up, and will be mimicking what they hear for a while, but sadly I am not this market.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. May 10, 2011
    I guess the question really comes down to whether Bulletstorm is worth your hard-earned gaming dollar. If you're a single-player campaign person, there is a fun and engaging story to be found. If you're into the multiplayer scene, I'd highly recommend getting the full version (you may want to calculate your new cost vs. used cost + 800 points). It is definately worth playing ... the question you need to answer for yourself is whether it's worth owning.