Bulletstorm Xbox 360

7.6

1. May 10, 2011
    Bulletstorm is as good as i expected. I wish it was better. since demo was good, but it was worth the price when i got it. I like the dialogue and the action and the arcady sounds when i pwn someone. Fan! But wish it was a little bit longer.
  2. Jan 10, 2012
    Dick **** I loved this game the moment I started playing the demo. The campaign turned out to have a decent engaging story, which surprised me a bit, and was worth the full play-through only to get a cliffhanger. The thing that kept me coming back for more was the Echoes mode. I just loved finding more creative ways to kill. Anyone who said this game has no re-playability just isn'tDick **** I loved this game the moment I started playing the demo. The campaign turned out to have a decent engaging story, which surprised me a bit, and was worth the full play-through only to get a cliffhanger. The thing that kept me coming back for more was the Echoes mode. I just loved finding more creative ways to kill. Anyone who said this game has no re-playability just isn't creative. I'd usually find myself laughing my ass off after finding another fantastic way to kill someone. Shooting someone in the balls then kicking their head in for a Mercy kill? Hell yeah! Thumping a group of enemies into the air and launch one into another with a charged Penetrator for Wing Man? Count me in! This game simply brings a whole new meaning to doing it "for teh lulz". The only draw back was the lack of a real multiplayer experience. All we got was the Anarchy co-op mode. Would have been more fun to team-kill other players instead of A.I. Missed opportunity, IMO. Great graphics, great voice acting, great gameplay, awesome dialog, and the ability to control a mechazoid named Wally P. Tallylicker. What's not to love?! Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2012
    Bulletstorm was the most underrated game of 2011. Many slated the game as a disappointment but I loved it. The graphics were great and fully took advantage of the Unreal Engine 3 (3.5 according to some sources) and adds colors that you don
  4. Aug 19, 2014
    Bulletstorm was a shockingly enjoyable and fun game.. When the game was initially released I had not much interest in giving it a shot, which after now playing it I very much regret. Its has a very unique and fun type of game-play that keeps you wanting to blow up; dismember and kick or throw your enemies into whatever the incredible environments have to offer you to use as a form ofBulletstorm was a shockingly enjoyable and fun game.. When the game was initially released I had not much interest in giving it a shot, which after now playing it I very much regret. Its has a very unique and fun type of game-play that keeps you wanting to blow up; dismember and kick or throw your enemies into whatever the incredible environments have to offer you to use as a form of gorgeous and gruesome impalement... Lots O' Fun here!! Expand
  5. May 12, 2014
    bulletstorm is a very good game, it's only a bit underrated. the gameplay is fun and fluent. the humor is funny but sometimes a little bit forced. the action is over the top and there are a lot of ways to kill your enemies, although some of them are just too hard to accomplish. the story is good but not that special, and the ending might be a bit disapointing. i am hoping for a sequel,bulletstorm is a very good game, it's only a bit underrated. the gameplay is fun and fluent. the humor is funny but sometimes a little bit forced. the action is over the top and there are a lot of ways to kill your enemies, although some of them are just too hard to accomplish. the story is good but not that special, and the ending might be a bit disapointing. i am hoping for a sequel, because bulletstorm is still after 3 years worth your time and money Expand
  6. Apr 13, 2016
    The game does have glitches, but is quite fun nevertheless. With good graphics and unique leashing abilities its a creative game. Its somewhat repetetive and the echoes are more fun than the campaign. Unfortunately i couldn't try out the multiplayer because im poor and prefer to eat well. But overall, i had alot of fun with it. Its very different from star wars battlefront. I find it to beThe game does have glitches, but is quite fun nevertheless. With good graphics and unique leashing abilities its a creative game. Its somewhat repetetive and the echoes are more fun than the campaign. Unfortunately i couldn't try out the multiplayer because im poor and prefer to eat well. But overall, i had alot of fun with it. Its very different from star wars battlefront. I find it to be a hillbily gorefest. If you like gory crazyshot games with good graphics and ok replay value this one is definetly for you. The monsters look cool and the shot combination bonuses to me are like a game of basketball with mutated gun-wielding zombies. Tony hawks pro skater with gun creativity; not as rewarding as the skateboarding franchise though. I was hoping for more skillshot variety and higher scoring head and groin shots. The leash is kinda dissapointing cause you can't quite use it like a jedi knight with fancy tactics and wild combos. I love the graphics. The guns are pretty cool. Just not enough leash power and dexterity. Sometimes i rate the game at 4.5 Expand
  7. Feb 25, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I bought this game for Bulletstorm, not for the Gears of War 3 beta - I actually despise Gears of War and most likely won't even play the beta, but that's a different story. The reason I gave this game a 10 is simple: there's literally no other game like it. And in this day and age, that is not only very important to me, but should be very important to everyLet me start off by saying that I bought this game for Bulletstorm, not for the Gears of War 3 beta - I actually despise Gears of War and most likely won't even play the beta, but that's a different story. The reason I gave this game a 10 is simple: there's literally no other game like it. And in this day and age, that is not only very important to me, but should be very important to every gamer. The campaign is short, maybe 10 hours max (and fun as hell the entire time), but you really can't expect much longer than that from a FPS. Echoes mode is fun, especially if you like competing on leaderboards with your friends or even the rest of the world for that matter. Now the multiplayer is where this game gets its re-playability from in my opinion. As others have said, there are 65 experience levels to go through, all while you're unlocking new skins for your character and gun. There *are* only 6 maps, but all of them are so different and unique that it really doesn't bother me at all. There are 20 waves of enemies to get through and after playing multiplayer for at least 10 hours, I've never had a group go all the way. The closest I've gotten was when I did a private match by myself and actually got to wave 20, died multiple times, and then went to sleep (I'm not sure if it's actually possible to finish wave 20 by yourself. I would always make the score requirement, but then still have 50+ enemies to go through, half of which are mini-bosses, and then eventually just die since you don't have teammates to help you up when you go down). My only real complaint about the multiplayer is that there are so many people playing this game that don't actually know how to play, I often get into games where we literally cannot get past a certain wave because people are trying to just kill as many enemies as quickly as possible and not actually trying to maximize the amount of points that they get from said enemies. One last thing - to anyone that was disappointed by Bulletstorm, I have one question: Did you not play the demo? Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    "Bulletstorm" offers something different then most other games that have came out lately. Unlike most FPS that pop out now a days "Bulletstorm" isn't trying to be that "super real war game" if you wont bragging rights for doing something this game is for you with the echo modes you see your scores against your friends. if your not the kind of person that like doing the same thing over and"Bulletstorm" offers something different then most other games that have came out lately. Unlike most FPS that pop out now a days "Bulletstorm" isn't trying to be that "super real war game" if you wont bragging rights for doing something this game is for you with the echo modes you see your scores against your friends. if your not the kind of person that like doing the same thing over and over again in shooters and wants to beat his friends asses this game is for you. Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    The game looks good, but dont have history. Don't have cooperative and most important.... DONT JUMP!!!! c'mon... Killzone 3 is mucth better than this game.. 100%.
  10. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  11. Feb 22, 2011
    I feel it will be the best FPS of 2011. It is great to play it, defenetly better then Borderlans. It was great idea to implement skillpoints. There a TONS of way to kill eniemies, and it is fun to discover it.
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
    Graphic quality is very very high. OFC it's not a Crysis but come on... It's just wonderful.
    Sound is also very good.
    The only thing I don't like is lack of true multiplayer.
    But I'm in love with Bulletstorm anyway...
  13. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  14. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS'sGreat game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS's out there, with weak single player and the same old Multi-Player. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy COD and look forward to Homefront, but this game is unique and I highly recommend it, Expand
  15. Feb 22, 2011
    Great controls. Great game play. Lots of humor. So far i've laughed and enjoyed this game a lot. Finding different ways to kill things is very enjoyable.
  16. Feb 23, 2011
    Exactly what I wanted! Provides an INCREDIBLE backdrop for a fresh idea in the first person genre... plus it's freaking hilarious with all of the colorful language! Made for someone who grew up in the days of Arcade, and can enjoy getting the "highest score." It's not meant for COD loyalists, but it's definitely different if that's what you want :) Insane artwork!!! Most important, it's FUN!!!
  17. Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed.Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed. That's when I realized that bulletstorm way is very addictive and enjoyable. It brings the challenge back to the FPS genre and that's something we miss out on lately, when games are all about short time movie like experience where the only challenges we get are ms achievements Expand
  18. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  19. Feb 25, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing EchoesBulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing Echoes mode - tons of replayability! Expand
  20. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm gives us a fresh dose of humor, variety, and gameplay. It introduces new and likable characters that I hope weâ
  21. Feb 25, 2011
    I have to say I am a little disappointed about Epics new game Bulletstorm, until now they have not made any bad games, eg; Gears Of War 1 & 2 and the Unreal Tournament series but somehow this game just didn't meet up with the standard of Epic's other games. I'm sure you are all dying for reasons are here's why;
    The gameplay was taken way too far and even though it was cool the gameplay
    The gameplay was taken way too far and even though it was cool the gameplay was a little overdone and just ruined the whole package, eg, The whole stasis slow motion thing with the kick and the leash, if maybe they had made it an OPTIONAL thing and not all the time it could have made the game alot better and maybe they could have had a PvP multiplayer.Yes I know the game is original, I'll give it that, the ideas were there but the gameplay just didn't provide me with the entertainment it should of, it's was a complete turn off because it was just soo...cheezy.

The Graphics to be honest are pretty impressive, Epic never fails to impress with their graphics and yet again that's been shown but we have to remember that graphics arent everything.

The Multiplayer.....where is it, every game that Epic has made was EPIC due to it's multiplayer. A prime example is UT3, but in Bulletstorm it has none, sure it has cooperative but I'm sure that lots of people would've liked to have seen it with multiplayer. I know that people say that it's impossible because of the leash and kick bu that comes back down to gameplay, maybe if they made that with a limited amount or something along those lines they would of been able to balance it out and have PvP but I guess there's another fault Bulletstorm has going against it.

Everything else doesn't really need mentioning, I think you get the idea. Overall Bulletstrom is ok, the ideas were good but the game just failed to impress in total and just because it has some originality doesn't make up for all the faults and lacks that this game has. I would suggest trying it and seeing for yourself but in my opinion it's was Epic games most EPIC FAIL!
  22. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  23. Feb 28, 2011
    Great game, lots of action and I'm having great fun with this game. Locations are breath taking, boss fights are EPIC! Epic and People Can Fly made a great job with this game. THX guys for BulletStorm!!!And Gen. Serano, he is a masterpiece, a really really bad general :) OK back to console to kick some more skulz.
  24. Mar 2, 2011
    Finally, a fresh first person shooter that focus on being fun instead of serious. The time I spent with Bulletstorm is definitely worth it and even after the single player campaign Iâ
  25. Mar 22, 2011
    Bulletstorm came as an unexpected surprise. Actually didn't had any high hopes for the game but when I inserted the disc and started playing I couldn't stop and played through the whole solo campaign in one session. Love the game, a candidate for best game of the year!

Graphics: Wonderful!! As good as it gets on PS3! Sound: What you expect, good surround and the sounds of your weapons

Graphics: Wonderful!! As good as it gets on PS3!

Sound: What you expect, good surround and the sounds of your weapons make them feel really powerful. The only negative is some of the ambient sounds. Like the waterfalls, when you are standing only a couple of meters from them its not the roar you could expect. But the character dialog is good and dont listen to the people who complains about the dickjokes, its actually not that often and really is what you expect from hardcore military guys.

Story: Actually a really good story for a FPS and you actually want to play on just to see what happens in the next chapter in the storyline. In the end of the single-person story you just know there will definitely be a sequel to this excellent game.

Multiplayer: Had some problems finding a game so can´t really write something here.

Replay value: Ok, because you just want to play it again and try out all the kill-shots you missed the first time.

Overall: A shooter that doesn't get boring. Why? Because of the kill-moves, you really try to be as creative as possible in killing your enemies just to get more points for guns, ammo and upgrades. The solo-campaign is way too short!! Its actually the first game I have played through in one session. I hope they will release updates with new solo content.

If it wasn't for the lame ambient sounds and the short solo campaign I would have give it a solid 10 but now it gets a 9 instead.

Sorry for my bad English, its not my primary language. :)
  26. Apr 9, 2011
    Serious fun, without taking itself too seriously. I have no idea what the critics are complaining about with regard to the language/vulgarity. You can turn it off in the settings. I haven't had this much fun since Atari tank battle,Galaga and the pin ball table Silver Ball Mania, when I was a kid ;). It reminds me of a video GAME. Again, really, REALLY fun.
  27. Apr 27, 2011
    With a meathead plot, raunchy dialogue, and over-the top gore, Bulletstorm is a fratboy's wet dream. The gameplay is the real star of the game, encouraging a 'Kill with Skill' ideal, forcing gamers to explore their creative sides. Even with minor glitches and a less-than-amazing ending, Bulletstorm is a solid outing.
  28. May 12, 2011
    I can see why the media machine was working overtime on this game, it was overcompensating for the overall lackluster experience. Squeeze what you can out of this "Not-Quite-Gears" FPS and wait for either the actual Gears 3 or a genuine FPS you can sink some time into to roll out.
  29. Jun 26, 2011
    Now that this game has been out for awhile I realize like many people already have that this game gets really boring and repetitive after awhile. Even though there are "so many ways to kill your enemies," I found it to all be the same. It's pretty much you either shoot him, kick him into something, or pull him towards you with a leash and then shoot or kick him. The campaign was good but INow that this game has been out for awhile I realize like many people already have that this game gets really boring and repetitive after awhile. Even though there are "so many ways to kill your enemies," I found it to all be the same. It's pretty much you either shoot him, kick him into something, or pull him towards you with a leash and then shoot or kick him. The campaign was good but I thought it was a little bit short, and the multiplayer is one of the most repetitive that I've played on an Xbox 360. This game is worth renting if you want to kill a few hours, but definitely not worth buying. Expand
  30. Sep 22, 2011
    This game is so epic, It was developed by a company called epic! As of most of EPIC's games, i have enjoyed them, but that's it. With Bulletstorm, Its a different story. The humor, graphics, controls, amazing weapons and challenges are so awesome, its insane.
  31. Nov 14, 2011
    Now don't get me wrong, this is a great game. however, after the first few levels, the game lacked enough variety and creativity in its set pieces and levels. However, i do applaud the game for its tense conclusion, which led me to play on until the very end. Next time, Make it more interesting cliffy b?
  32. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude ofBulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude of skill shots amaze as does the ability of writers to come up with new and often hysterical ways of using swear words. If you are looking for an intelligent paced shooter do not look here. Bulletstorm is endlessly replayable and offers modes such as echoes to try to up your score and top friends scores. The multiplayer is solid but could use a few tweaks but overall it is a nice bonus. I am still anxiously awaiting Gears of War 3 but until September arrives this "Blood Symphony" will be enough to sate my thirst. Expand
  33. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game with a lot of action and funny dialoges .Skillshots is very cool idea.
  34. Feb 22, 2011
    im only through act 1, but i am enjoying it. feels fresh compared to all the military shooters out there. is this game of the year material? no, but its not trying to be. take it for what it is, a fun, over the top and pretty creative shooter
  35. Feb 22, 2011
    Anyone check out GameCritic's page? 4 reviews, he gave Uncharted 2 a 10, Killzone 3 a 9, Bulletstorm for 360 a 1, and Bulletstorm for PS3 a 7! The Sony fanboy is hating. Take it from an honest reviewer, this is I good game
  36. Feb 22, 2011
    Simple as that: Bulletstorm is the most fun First Person Shooter I've played in my whole life. If you liked Gears of War you can't go wrong on this one. Go ahead, have a blast and wait for the sequel.
  37. Feb 24, 2011
    This game was made by People Can Fly. I want to start out with this statement mainly because so many people out there are putting such a heavy emphasis on things like "I could not expect less from Epic Games!" and things of the like. This game is a primary development by People Can Fly. Epic did jump in and help with some things, and it is an EA Partners Program game. However the baseThis game was made by People Can Fly. I want to start out with this statement mainly because so many people out there are putting such a heavy emphasis on things like "I could not expect less from Epic Games!" and things of the like. This game is a primary development by People Can Fly. Epic did jump in and help with some things, and it is an EA Partners Program game. However the base of the game, the overall feel of the game, how it works is attributed to People Can Fly. Now, DanKageakaTeamK stated that the story was where the game got him, but the skillshot system was where it lost him. Don't get me wrong, I understand whole heartedly that a game is not for everybody. There will always be people who don't like certain games. What I don't understand is why he would go purchase a game that is being hyped about it's skillshot system, when you don't like the skillshot system. The Demo Alone would have shown him that the game wasn't for him. ODESSA_Z gave the game a negative review in place of a mixed review feeling that the Average User Score was not reflective of the game itself, and it needed to be taken down a peg. I just want to point out how this is completely contradictory to a real average score. If from your viewpoint the game deserved a mixed review, you should have given it such and eventually, if enough people felt the way you did, mixed reviews would come in and make the game the score you feel. Yet to give it a bad review in place of mixed is just poor taste. He also stated that the mechanics were that of your basic FPS game. I have to disagree in that the leash/kick/slide system, also in how you sprint in the game. Are not that of a normal FPS., and People Can Fly made that system work very well. Now if your referring to it having ADS and being First Person, yeah it's like a normal FPS because its an FPS, you cannot change too much because then the game no longer fits in that Genre. Overall I thought the Graphics were very good in this game. The cinematics could have been done a little bit better in graphics, but they were fine overall. Gameplay Mechanics are very smooth and well polished. The story itself is nice since it gives the game more substance and base on which to play the campaign on. I am alright with their not being any Vs. Multiplayer because I'm a little tired of it honestly. I want some good Co-Op and thats part of the reason to get this game. I don't feel the story detracts from the game at all either like many reviewers are stating. How can you honestly knock a company for having a nice story for campaign mode? I give the game a 9 in that it was a little bit shrot, and the load screens were a little too often, otherwise it's a great game. Expand
  38. Feb 26, 2011
    The epic games did a wonderful game with a lot of action and blood,i really enjoyed this game ,ive never hourded about people can fly but they did an awesome game.
  39. Feb 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale,Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale, but this doesn't really subtract from the overall experience of the game. All in all, People Can Fly did a good job making a over the top game that wasn't completely stupid. Expand
  40. Feb 28, 2011
    i highly recommend it. Still, be careful when picking up this game, as it will ruin every other FPS for you. This really is a noticeable evolutionary step in the genre of FPS and after playing it for a few hours you will be instinctively reaching for the kick and leash buttons in any FPS you will play from now on. And not finding them will feel disappointing.
  41. Mar 3, 2011
    Intensely fun, creatively violent, grippingly immersive and unforgivably funny. Oh boy, Oh boy! This is what gaming is all about. This game has everything for old school and new school gamers to enjoy!
  42. Mar 6, 2011
    OK, so its a stop gap as we wait for Duke Nukem, but its not just a stop gap its far more than Gears of Bore and allot more fun than Call of Run, Shoot, Die & Repeat Duty. with great cheesy dialogue and frantic game play a wonderful multiplier system its just great fun, its not gonna keep you playing for ever but it certainly will entertain you when ever your bored. i really like its myOK, so its a stop gap as we wait for Duke Nukem, but its not just a stop gap its far more than Gears of Bore and allot more fun than Call of Run, Shoot, Die & Repeat Duty. with great cheesy dialogue and frantic game play a wonderful multiplier system its just great fun, its not gonna keep you playing for ever but it certainly will entertain you when ever your bored. i really like its my current hour to spare game. Expand
  43. Mar 23, 2011
    First things first, i copied this game from someone elses computer during a lan party, so i paid zero dollars.
    I started playing this game expecting it to be fun, i heard from my friends it was really fun and had funny dialogue. 15 mins in i literally was bored, theres no real challenge in pulling off any of the skillkills since the game freezes anything you kick for 2 handholding seconds to make sure you don't hurt yourself. also it doesnt try to hide the fact that it wants you to kill guys a certain way during different parts. one section it makes sure you are away of hotdog carts, and that you can kick them, there is no way not to know the existance of hotdog carts, or their ability to be kicked. or cactuses, which are comically huge and have 4 foot spikes that enemies home in on once they are kicked, Dark Messiah style. Weapons are a pretty standard affair of contraptions that kill people in the least sensible way.
    The ai is simply retarded, most guys will just run right at you, others just kinda stand still and shoot tiny bullets at your adamantine frame. The graphics are actually pretty dated, ut3 may still be pretty, but you can see the age marks on the terrain details. the plot is abysmal, though who didn't expect that?
    Now for the best part, the dialogue. Its hard to make a game where characters are funny and likable, they cant be too witty or too realistic, or else they're just boring. Bulletstorm does neither of those and makes a character who has both the wit and vocabulary of a 5th grader. Now pull up a carpet square children and lets imagine something. imagine that kid everyone thinks is funny, even though everything he says isn't funny to you and you hate his guts. That right there is the main character. Nothing he says is funny or imaginative, he might as well just spout out a random meme you've heard a million times every time he kills someone. Thats who you have to deal with through the length of the game. Also theres this lame asian character who plays the 'sane-person dealing with the trained ape' shtick, at least he just mumbles and you can never really hear him, he also doesn't even do damage to anyone, he just blindfires in their general direction. oh, yeah, speaking of damage. like i said before, Grey's armor/entire being is coated in some kind of anti-bullet creme that lets him laugh in the face of guns (This was on hard mode), so don't worry about dying.

Ima wrap this up. Bottom line: i didn't even pay for this game and i dont even have the will to play it. If you want a substitute, just play UT3 and yell out 'piss-dick' every time something interesting happens.
  44. Mar 14, 2011
    Les vidéo test nouvelle formule sont arrivés ! Enfin, le premier est arrivéâ
  45. Mar 14, 2011
    Ok so I'm going to give Bulletstorm the benefit of the doubt simply because it brings back that old- school shooter vibe pioneered by classics like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. But to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed with this game mainly due to it's extremely linear and somewhat repetitive nature. You would think that the whole "skillshots" mechanic would carry the whole game fromOk so I'm going to give Bulletstorm the benefit of the doubt simply because it brings back that old- school shooter vibe pioneered by classics like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. But to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed with this game mainly due to it's extremely linear and somewhat repetitive nature. You would think that the whole "skillshots" mechanic would carry the whole game from start to finish triumphantly on its shoulders, but shooting some guy in the jewels 8 times before punting him into a chasm DOES get old after the 100th time. Trust me. Don't get me wrong, Bulletstorm is a really enjoyable game overall. The graphics are gorgeous and the setting comes off as a Doctor Seuss world from Hell (props to whoever did the art for this game) and the weapons and skillshots are really unique for the most part. The characters and writing are also enjoyable and funny albeit somewhat immature at times. I mean, I'm an 18 year old male and 50 dick jokes every level get old. Just don't expect this to be a game that will hold your interest for months on end mainly due to the repetitive nature of the game and short campaign which clocks in under 10 hours if you're a half decent FPS player. Expand
  46. Mar 19, 2011
    This game was great! I had a good time with it. You can't expect a masterpiece, but if you are looking for a short game which is fun, i would totally recommend you this game. It offers challenges for hardcore gamers, which are called echo missions. In these mission you can replay scenes from the game, but now there is a timer and your game-play gets rated with stars.
    This game is nothing
    This game is nothing too special , but you shouldn't miss it , if you like short and fun games
  47. Mar 19, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a new and memorable entry into the first person genre. The new skillshot system held a lot of promise and fully delivered! Some people might see this as gimmicky, like me. I was very suprised by the compelling story of revenge filled to the brim with dick jokes! I had a fantastic time with bulletstorm, but I wonder how much longer i'll keep coming back..
  48. Mar 23, 2011
    Assume, for a moment, that what you really want in a first-person shooter is solid gameplay. great graphics, and a plethora of dick jokes. If so, then Bulletstorm may be the game for you. And it delivers.
  49. Mar 24, 2011
    If you like FPS games then this is a nice change of pace from the regular military shooters out there. It a nice looking game and the guns all feel meaty and powerful. The story isn't great but the basic idea of being creative with your kills works well - the scoring system harks back to old-skool games and is very welcome. Although the campaign is very short, the game has a good amount ofIf you like FPS games then this is a nice change of pace from the regular military shooters out there. It a nice looking game and the guns all feel meaty and powerful. The story isn't great but the basic idea of being creative with your kills works well - the scoring system harks back to old-skool games and is very welcome. Although the campaign is very short, the game has a good amount of replayability to it, especially if you have friends for online co-op and challenging each others high scores. The Echoes mode is like a score attack mode and is argurably more fun than the campaign because theres no story to get in the way. For a sequel it would be nice to see more of a sandbox environment with a wider variety of environmental kill opportunities. Would also be great to see more weapon customisation ala Borderlands and if balanced right, online deathmatch.

All in all a fun game but definite room for improvement.
  50. Apr 28, 2011
    Love the game but the level act 3 chapter 2 keeps glitching on the part when u go down the waterfall..... Plz help me if u know how to do it. now I have to type more cuz this has to be 150 characters long :D
  51. Jul 7, 2013
    I recently picked up this game because it had a huge pricedrop, and I decided to give this game a chance. With the expectations of a no-brain shooter withouth any emotion etc. I started up the game. The first hour of the story mode is a emotional action-packed hour. After that the unique killing mechanics come into play, and all the emotional parts are getting swept aside. The story modeI recently picked up this game because it had a huge pricedrop, and I decided to give this game a chance. With the expectations of a no-brain shooter withouth any emotion etc. I started up the game. The first hour of the story mode is a emotional action-packed hour. After that the unique killing mechanics come into play, and all the emotional parts are getting swept aside. The story mode also is rather short, but absolutely mental when it comes to action.

The multiplayer was pretty awesome in my opinion. I've played it for a few hours with my friends, and for me, it really introduced something new to the multiplayer of FPS. The multiplayer is Co-op based, but there always is a lot of competition because you want to be that guy that makes the most points every round. It keeps the games competitive while it is co-op. I'd recommend to play this mode with at least one friend though, because it will be a lot easier to make it through the rounds and make some epic combos happen.

This game definitely is worth giving a try and is a lot of fun to play, especially with a bunch of friends!
  52. Feb 19, 2015
    Ураганный геймплей, крутой графон, интересный сюжет, харизматичные персонажи - у Буллетшторма почти нет минусов, People Can Fly гении! Требую Bulletstorm 2!!!!!

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Not a bad game, but also not a great one that misses the mark on a few levels, most notably the dialog for this gamer. I am sure there's a target market out there who eats this type of language up, and will be mimicking what they hear for a while, but sadly I am not this market.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. May 10, 2011
    I guess the question really comes down to whether Bulletstorm is worth your hard-earned gaming dollar. If you're a single-player campaign person, there is a fun and engaging story to be found. If you're into the multiplayer scene, I'd highly recommend getting the full version (you may want to calculate your new cost vs. used cost + 800 points). It is definately worth playing ... the question you need to answer for yourself is whether it's worth owning.