7.5

1. Feb 22, 2011
    I could not expect less from Epic Games! As always, they did not disappoint me. This game is a masterpiece in a world where first person shooters are all the same.
  2. Ltq
    Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm has its place in FPS history. It added something fresh into the genre. It has an interesting story. After playing that game for a while I got used to the kick and slide and I bet it's going to be hard playing another fps without those key features!
  3. Feb 22, 2011
    Picked it up midnight launch and I absolutely love it. Don't be suckered in by the Gears 3 beta, enjoy the game and having a good time. I loved this and this was NOT a disappointment.
  4. Feb 25, 2011
    There used to be a flavor of Campbell's Soup at Hand that tasted like a Taco. Your first sip, you got really excited. "Wow, this really DOES taste like a taco." And as you drink it, you start to realize that drinking a taco is basically the same thing as sucking up all the grease and fat from the bottom of your pan.

Bulletstorm goes out, and hits you in the face with this stylized
    killing mechanic that makes the game feel very unique. The way the plot is set up is thrilling. And it excites you. Yet, you eventually find yourself going through the motions just as you would in any other shooter. Then everything else turns into a crude Gears of War with worse dialogue and plot- and that's not a fanboyism. It doesn't even try to be anything other than a clone.

Yes, the kill system is unique. It could have been executed so much better had it not been your average "Only one way to go, keep going forward, just shoot everything" shooter. I'm amazed at how many reviews talk about how unique this game is. Chances are they made the review the day they go it and before it started collecting dust on their shelves.

Oh well. I didn't buy it. (Thank god.) Rented it. I suggest you do the same.
  5. Feb 22, 2011
    Hahaha im having so much fun with this game. Don't listen to the negative review. This is one of the most creative shooters ever made, and im only through act 1. Outrageous fun
  6. Feb 22, 2011
    I don't know what GameCritic is thinking, but a 1 for Bulletstorm... That is ridicules! Looks like he works for Sony since he gave Killzone 3 a 9. Killzone which by the way is coming out on the same day as Bulletstorm, so he must be scared to death of it :) Bulletstorm is the best game I have played since the first modern warfare. It changes everything, just like MW did. Every shooter after Bulletstorm and I will be missing the kick button and the leash. Clearly a 10 in my book! Expand
  7. Feb 24, 2011
    My goodness, i havnt seen a game with this much character since UT3 and thats sayin sumthin. The game mechanics are great and a breath of fresh air. Its also a wicked fun time. U know what? im gonna go play it once i finish writing this review!
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game with a lot of action and funny dialoges .Skillshots is very cool idea.
  9. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bulletstorm is the most BADASS game ever made by human being. Really crazy weapons. Good story and nice multiplayer. What else do you want? Kill with skill baby! Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2011
    Bulletstorm excels at what it is aimed for which is to take the generic, boring FPS which the series is destined for and throws it out the window. Unless you are a hardcore serious military shooter, or a snooty person that gets offended by vulgarity you will have fun playing this game. The skillshot system adds a nice touch to the gameplay with some cool and funny kills that no other game recently has. It also has Anarchy mode which is like Gears' horde mode but with a purpose to get the most points possible as a team. I must say playing through anarchy with my friend quite a few times it doesnt get stale like horde mode. There are a few things they could iron out like the guys not dying how they should but it rarely ruins the mood. People that are expecting PVP multiplayer clearly didnt think it through. Imagine getting leashed and flying through the air helplessly as you are killed with no chance of fighting back. Also imagine getting hit with a flailgun and being wrapped up while you walk around. It just wouldnt keep the feel of the game and to be honest would be just plain irritating. I must admit Echos mode which is like a time trial for points isnt really all that fun because its just the campaign all over again and doesnt really hold the competitive aspect its supposed to. Bottom line is that this game isnt like any other and is a breath of fresh air for the FPS genre. Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2011
    THE GAME IS awesome the game have the amazing fun and great graphic do i need to tell other thing the game is great so it s the best first person shooter ever made masterpiece thank you epic games.release gears of war3 fast i can t wait
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    Anyone check out GameCritic's page? 4 reviews, he gave Uncharted 2 a 10, Killzone 3 a 9, Bulletstorm for 360 a 1, and Bulletstorm for PS3 a 7! The Sony fanboy is hating. Take it from an honest reviewer, this is I good game
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a very strange game. At first I thought the skillshot system was worthless and annoying and I was glad that I can turn off the HUD which obscures the view. I love the visuals, especially the open sunny areas are beautiful. Anyways, after playing the echoes a couple of times I hated to admit that I want more and more points and I need to learn the skillshot names to succeed. That's when I realized that bulletstorm way is very addictive and enjoyable. It brings the challenge back to the FPS genre and that's something we miss out on lately, when games are all about short time movie like experience where the only challenges we get are ms achievements Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game breaks the boundaries in shooters area. It seemed that nothing new can come up. Well, Bulletstorm can. It is a mix of innovative ideas and the best thing of the past, which have almost been forgotten. Today again they bring us joy.
    After a day of playing I was amazed! I'm not finished yet but so far the campaign is great.
    Echo mode rocks!
    Graphic quality is very very high. OFC it's not a Crysis but come on... It's just wonderful.
    Sound is also very good.
    The only thing I don't like is lack of true multiplayer.
    But I'm in love with Bulletstorm anyway...
  15. Feb 27, 2011
    The most fun I've had in a first person shooter in a long time, if not ever. To get the obvious out of the way, sound, grafics and level design are superb, among the best you will find in any game. It's incredible with how much detail the levels are designed, which tend to be very colorful and atmospheric.

But what makes Bulletstorm truly great is it's gameplay. Take the fast paced action
    of Unreal and Quake, and mix it with hefty dose of Street Fighter 4's intricate strategies and combos and this is what you get. Instead of just sitting behind cover and dispatching one enemy after another, the game actively encourages you to setup devastating skillshots that can obliterate entire groups of enemies with a single shot. Each encounter is a puzzle to solve in the most efficient and brutal way.

Bulletstorm is just as much a twitch action game as it is a thinking man's game. Bulletstorm is very fresh in it's approach, but at the same time also very oldschool with it's arcade like approach, where it's not just about winning, but winning with style and getting the biggest highscore.

Bulletstorm is truly a gamer's game, much more than any Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield or Killzone.
  16. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a solid title featuring mechanics not usually seen in the first person genre. The influence of certain games such as The Club and obviously Gears of War are there but have been greatly altered to fit the pace and theme of the game. Every moment things were thrown at me that allowed me to try news things and new ways of taking down a group of enemies. The sheer multitude of skill shots amaze as does the ability of writers to come up with new and often hysterical ways of using swear words. If you are looking for an intelligent paced shooter do not look here. Bulletstorm is endlessly replayable and offers modes such as echoes to try to up your score and top friends scores. The multiplayer is solid but could use a few tweaks but overall it is a nice bonus. I am still anxiously awaiting Gears of War 3 but until September arrives this "Blood Symphony" will be enough to sate my thirst. Expand
  17. Feb 22, 2011
    Great and innovative over the top first person shooter. Very good visuals and a LOT of fun with killing enemies. Its just fun fun fun and more fun : )
    The multiplayer mode is good too, but not very big.
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    im only through act 1, but i am enjoying it. feels fresh compared to all the military shooters out there. is this game of the year material? no, but its not trying to be. take it for what it is, a fun, over the top and pretty creative shooter
  19. Feb 22, 2011
    I feel it will be the best FPS of 2011. It is great to play it, defenetly better then Borderlans. It was great idea to implement skillpoints. There a TONS of way to kill eniemies, and it is fun to discover it.
  20. Feb 22, 2011
    Simple as that: Bulletstorm is the most fun First Person Shooter I've played in my whole life. If you liked Gears of War you can't go wrong on this one. Go ahead, have a blast and wait for the sequel.
  21. Feb 22, 2011
    I just love it! Finally something fresh and fun. Totally different to what we have been fed in last couple of years. Very nice graphics and vistas. Had a lot of laughs and I think I'll be playing it again and again.
  22. Feb 22, 2011
    Great controls. Great game play. Lots of humor. So far i've laughed and enjoyed this game a lot. Finding different ways to kill things is very enjoyable.
  23. Feb 23, 2011
    Exactly what I wanted! Provides an INCREDIBLE backdrop for a fresh idea in the first person genre... plus it's freaking hilarious with all of the colorful language! Made for someone who grew up in the days of Arcade, and can enjoy getting the "highest score." It's not meant for COD loyalists, but it's definitely different if that's what you want :) Insane artwork!!! Most important, it's FUN!!!
  24. Feb 23, 2011
    It's hard for a fresh breeze in FPS nowadays, but Bulletstorm is definitely this kind of breeze. Astonishing graphics, interesting story and more and more absorbing climat, that's the game most important features. I prefer to spend 12h playing Bulletstorm than to play another World War game or a columbian forest adventure...
  25. Feb 23, 2011
    Absolutely love this game already. It reminds me of a cross between Gears of War, Call of Duty and a slight amount of Halo. It's had me cracking up on more than one occasion so far. Excellent game play. The controls feel very good. If you're into Gears or any first person shooter, do yourself a favor and check this one out. It won't disappoint.
  26. Feb 25, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a fresh, innovative and foremost fun experience. I enjoyed the skill shots game-play, plot with excellent dialogue as well some crazy as over the top moments like the Dino Robot part. Bulletstorm has some of the craziest weapons I've even seen in games. The game looks amazing - UE at it's best! Having finished the campaign I am currently having a lot of fun playing Echoes mode - tons of replayability! Expand
  27. Feb 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm gives us a fresh dose of humor, variety, and gameplay. It introduces new and likable characters that I hope weâ
  28. Feb 26, 2011
    The epic games did a wonderful game with a lot of action and blood,i really enjoyed this game ,ive never hourded about people can fly but they did an awesome game.
  29. May 23, 2011
    I rented this game knowing I would be bored with it in the first 4 hours. Now let me clarify myself, this isn't a bad game, just not a very replayable one. After completing the Singleplayer experience I felt like jumping into COD4 and owning some noobs, because playing the brain dead enemies and smacking them into objects and getting points and trying to experience new ways to kill, wasn't as fun as I was hoping it would be, and despite me sometimes killing someone completely different than the other previous ways I did, the game either didn't recognize it, or that kill was only available in the trailer... Not to mention at times I didn't know when I could use the lasso, I felt noticed there was no roof and I wanted to launch a guy in the air, and do the "Firework" kill, but the rag doll would get F.U.B.A.R. and would just float in mid air until the shot exploded. The environments and visuals are impressive and the replay value does rely heavily on online co-op, but all my talking about the game going to be completely boring scared my friends off into not buying it, or even renting it. Maybe I'm missing something, but when I tried the "Duty Calls" game, I felt like Bulletstorm was a complete fail from the start because in a way, Duty Calls reminded me how fun Call of Duty was, I liked how generic it was, it was simple, you get a gun, go kill people and at times I accidentally performed an awesome shot and I didn't need the game to tell me it was bad ass. In Bulletstorm, I felt the game was trying to remind me that I'm a bad ass and my kills were cool, and what I was experiencing was intense, rather than just letting me figure that out on my own.
    Not a bad game, just not a very fun/smart one.
  30. Feb 25, 2011
    Epic Games (Gears of War, Unreal Tournament) and People Can Fly (Painkiller) join forces and create an action-packed shooter. Everything about this game screams entertainment. The weapons are entertaining, the skillshots are entertaining, the dirty dialogue is entertaining, etc. The only problem is the pacing. Act 6, while good, is not as good as the other acts. Still, people that are a little tired of the yearly iterations of Call of Duty should check this out. Expand
  31. Feb 23, 2011
    The fact that Epic's advertising of a Gears of War 3 beta was one of this game's primary marketing tactics is a little sad. This game could've easily sold me even without the promised beta (although it definitely helps). Many reviews that I have personally read are saying how disappointed they are and that the gameplay is a huge letdown. Ummm, if you watched any of the gameplay videos and did even a tiny bit of research, how exactly is it a letdown? I expected an intense, creative, visceral shooter that did not have any real competitive aspect to it. And that's exactly what I got. The primary multiplayer that is shown off is Anarchy Mode, which is basically just Gear's Horde Mode on roids. I don't understand what all of these people who were letdown were expecting. Were they expecting some ridiculously complex shooter that would last longer than COD and have an equal amount of replay vaue? Because if so, the ones who were letdown are clearly imbeciles that have no idea how to do proper research when looking into possible game purchases. The game's graphics are good, but not stellar. For those of you who thought they were going to be better, did you not watch gameplay videos? The single player campaign is much more polished than I expected, despite some repetitive environments. The dialogue is extremely funny the majority of the time, but when it's not, it's actually somewhat cheesy. I've also seen several reviews that gave it a lower score because it is "immature"...Once again, did you not do any research? The voice acting also exceeds my expectations, with most of it being very well done. The campaign contains some insane set pieces and awesome situations, ranging from outrunning colossal beats to fending off giant "grindwheels". The entire length on normal ranges from 6-8 hours, and despite its somewhat short length, it's very rewarding and worth a playthrough or two more. The skillshot system is over the top, and I found much entertainment in experimenting with different weapons and combinations to see what new skillshots I could produce. There's basically a skillshot for almost any sensible way to kill someone and some of them are quite hilarious. The core gameplay mechanics work extremely well and the gunplay is tight. The variety of weapons are amusing, although I am a little disappointed in the small number of them in Anarchy Mode available to you. Despite this, Anarchy Mode is a blast, constantly rewarding you with points to spend in-game as well as leveling up and character skin customization. It goes all the way up to level 65, so it will take awhile to achieve the maximum rank, although since I find it so entertaining, it's just another perk. However, there are only 5 maps, and the unique environmental kills on each of them tends to stale a little after grinding out wave after wave of enemies. The new downloadable content that was announced the release date is going to be set for a price at 800 Microsoft Points, consisting of 3 new maps, some new Echoes, and some other little things that slip my mind at the moment. Given the few maps we have to begin with, I think that this DLC should be free, and would easily boost the game's online playability by a large margin. Echo Mode isn't bad, but I can only play each Echo enough times until I get all of the achievements that require you to do so. I know that there are many others that can grind out a ton of points in each Echo, shooting for a new high score everytime, but that's not for me. Overall, Bulletstorm is exactly what i expected, and a little more. It's an over the top, insanely creative, and gory shooter that relies more on skill kills rather than headshots everytime. For that, it's commendable. I don't think that this game "changes everything", as mentioned in earlier reviews, nor does it revolutionize anything. This seems like a start to a great franchise, and I would love to see a sequel. If you're expecting this game to be what I mentioned earlier, then you won't be disappointed. If you're expecting the next COD, then you're an idiot and I'm glad you wasted your money. Expand
  32. Feb 23, 2011
    Wouldn't it be nice to get an idi0tfilter so Dbagz like Dantes777 went away?Bulletstorm is an fun game, and you're always trying to one up the next level. Echo is like Spec Ops in MW2 where you must rack up a certain amount of points to unlock more trials. MP is OK. The maps are very small and not many seem to be on.
  33. Feb 25, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I bought this game for Bulletstorm, not for the Gears of War 3 beta - I actually despise Gears of War and most likely won't even play the beta, but that's a different story. The reason I gave this game a 10 is simple: there's literally no other game like it. And in this day and age, that is not only very important to me, but should be very important to every gamer. The campaign is short, maybe 10 hours max (and fun as hell the entire time), but you really can't expect much longer than that from a FPS. Echoes mode is fun, especially if you like competing on leaderboards with your friends or even the rest of the world for that matter. Now the multiplayer is where this game gets its re-playability from in my opinion. As others have said, there are 65 experience levels to go through, all while you're unlocking new skins for your character and gun. There *are* only 6 maps, but all of them are so different and unique that it really doesn't bother me at all. There are 20 waves of enemies to get through and after playing multiplayer for at least 10 hours, I've never had a group go all the way. The closest I've gotten was when I did a private match by myself and actually got to wave 20, died multiple times, and then went to sleep (I'm not sure if it's actually possible to finish wave 20 by yourself. I would always make the score requirement, but then still have 50+ enemies to go through, half of which are mini-bosses, and then eventually just die since you don't have teammates to help you up when you go down). My only real complaint about the multiplayer is that there are so many people playing this game that don't actually know how to play, I often get into games where we literally cannot get past a certain wave because people are trying to just kill as many enemies as quickly as possible and not actually trying to maximize the amount of points that they get from said enemies. One last thing - to anyone that was disappointed by Bulletstorm, I have one question: Did you not play the demo? Expand
  34. Feb 22, 2011
    Great game, the demo did not do it justice. A completely different feel then a traditional FPS, instead of racing through a level I take my time with every enemy looking for options to kill them. The levels themselves are great, look, design, the whole works. Multi-player is fun too, though not what you'd usually expect with a FPS, I personally like the change from the standard FPS's out there, with weak single player and the same old Multi-Player. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy COD and look forward to Homefront, but this game is unique and I highly recommend it, Expand
  35. Feb 27, 2011
    Never in a million years I'd suspect that such an over the top game like Bulletstorm will find its place not only on my shelf, but also in my heart. Based on the marketing campaign, as a female gamer I have expected nothing but a testosterone-filled machismo and score-point based gameplay (which is fine for Angry Birds, but I expect something else from my big console games).

Anyway, let's
    cut the long story short. Bulletstorm is only partially what I have imagined: yes, it's pretty, yes, there's testosterone, yes, there's OTT. There's also a soul, something missing from games - should I say "products"? - lately. Some moments are mind blowing (Wallington P. Tallylicker - you will miss him) and something I have never seen in games. The shocker is that there is a story, and while it's nothing more but "adventure movie", it's better than ...any shooter I have ever played. Skillshots are fun, and while I don't feel like I need to compete for the higher score, I still wanted to get that "one more try".

It's sad to see thue user score for this game artifically lowered by the fans of Killzone, but I have decided to award this game with 10 not to offset their shenanigans, but because it simply deserves it. Really something special.
  36. Feb 24, 2011
    This game was made by People Can Fly. I want to start out with this statement mainly because so many people out there are putting such a heavy emphasis on things like "I could not expect less from Epic Games!" and things of the like. This game is a primary development by People Can Fly. Epic did jump in and help with some things, and it is an EA Partners Program game. However the base of the game, the overall feel of the game, how it works is attributed to People Can Fly. Now, DanKageakaTeamK stated that the story was where the game got him, but the skillshot system was where it lost him. Don't get me wrong, I understand whole heartedly that a game is not for everybody. There will always be people who don't like certain games. What I don't understand is why he would go purchase a game that is being hyped about it's skillshot system, when you don't like the skillshot system. The Demo Alone would have shown him that the game wasn't for him. ODESSA_Z gave the game a negative review in place of a mixed review feeling that the Average User Score was not reflective of the game itself, and it needed to be taken down a peg. I just want to point out how this is completely contradictory to a real average score. If from your viewpoint the game deserved a mixed review, you should have given it such and eventually, if enough people felt the way you did, mixed reviews would come in and make the game the score you feel. Yet to give it a bad review in place of mixed is just poor taste. He also stated that the mechanics were that of your basic FPS game. I have to disagree in that the leash/kick/slide system, also in how you sprint in the game. Are not that of a normal FPS., and People Can Fly made that system work very well. Now if your referring to it having ADS and being First Person, yeah it's like a normal FPS because its an FPS, you cannot change too much because then the game no longer fits in that Genre. Overall I thought the Graphics were very good in this game. The cinematics could have been done a little bit better in graphics, but they were fine overall. Gameplay Mechanics are very smooth and well polished. The story itself is nice since it gives the game more substance and base on which to play the campaign on. I am alright with their not being any Vs. Multiplayer because I'm a little tired of it honestly. I want some good Co-Op and thats part of the reason to get this game. I don't feel the story detracts from the game at all either like many reviewers are stating. How can you honestly knock a company for having a nice story for campaign mode? I give the game a 9 in that it was a little bit shrot, and the load screens were a little too often, otherwise it's a great game. Expand
  37. Feb 24, 2011
    Pure Gaming Goodness! This is a Gamers Game and if you can not find enjoyment in this title you should really look into a new hobby. It is a breathe of fresh air and it has a original dynamic that offers up hours of entertainment.
  38. Feb 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a great game and a good way to take a break from games that take themselves so deadly seriously and to just have some fun. I doubt anyone one would want to play for the story anyway. It has a creative point system called skill shots, where you try to kill people in new and challenging ways. You don't jump (That is, you don't NEED to), and the dialogue can get a little stale, but this doesn't really subtract from the overall experience of the game. All in all, People Can Fly did a good job making a over the top game that wasn't completely stupid. Expand
  39. Apr 23, 2011
    Mildly entertaining at best. Repetitive and drives to boredom fast. Nice over the top elements, but that's the entire game and it just falls flat too soon.
  40. Feb 22, 2011
    The game looks good, but dont have history. Don't have cooperative and most important.... DONT JUMP!!!! c'mon... Killzone 3 is mucth better than this game.. 100%.
  41. Feb 22, 2011
    i just cannot see the excitement for this game. It is fun for a very short time. Games have to offer much more. This game lacks on almost everything what a blockbuster game needs. The multiplayer is a joke actually. I am sorry, but i am really disappointed by this game.
  42. Feb 25, 2011
    I have to say I am a little disappointed about Epics new game Bulletstorm, until now they have not made any bad games, eg; Gears Of War 1 & 2 and the Unreal Tournament series but somehow this game just didn't meet up with the standard of Epic's other games. I'm sure you are all dying for reasons are here's why;
    The gameplay was taken way too far and even though it was cool the gameplay
    was a little overdone and just ruined the whole package, eg, The whole stasis slow motion thing with the kick and the leash, if maybe they had made it an OPTIONAL thing and not all the time it could have made the game alot better and maybe they could have had a PvP multiplayer.Yes I know the game is original, I'll give it that, the ideas were there but the gameplay just didn't provide me with the entertainment it should of, it's was a complete turn off because it was just soo...cheezy.

The Graphics to be honest are pretty impressive, Epic never fails to impress with their graphics and yet again that's been shown but we have to remember that graphics arent everything.

The Multiplayer.....where is it, every game that Epic has made was EPIC due to it's multiplayer. A prime example is UT3, but in Bulletstorm it has none, sure it has cooperative but I'm sure that lots of people would've liked to have seen it with multiplayer. I know that people say that it's impossible because of the leash and kick bu that comes back down to gameplay, maybe if they made that with a limited amount or something along those lines they would of been able to balance it out and have PvP but I guess there's another fault Bulletstorm has going against it.

Everything else doesn't really need mentioning, I think you get the idea. Overall Bulletstrom is ok, the ideas were good but the game just failed to impress in total and just because it has some originality doesn't make up for all the faults and lacks that this game has. I would suggest trying it and seeing for yourself but in my opinion it's was Epic games most EPIC FAIL!
  43. Feb 28, 2011
    Great game, lots of action and I'm having great fun with this game. Locations are breath taking, boss fights are EPIC! Epic and People Can Fly made a great job with this game. THX guys for BulletStorm!!!And Gen. Serano, he is a masterpiece, a really really bad general :) OK back to console to kick some more skulz.
  44. Feb 28, 2011
    Awesome, mind-blowing game! I was really surprised how different and fresh is this game. Don't listen to the negative review. It's a fresh breeze in FPS genre and definitely worth playing.
  45. Mar 6, 2011
    OK, so its a stop gap as we wait for Duke Nukem, but its not just a stop gap its far more than Gears of Bore and allot more fun than Call of Run, Shoot, Die & Repeat Duty. with great cheesy dialogue and frantic game play a wonderful multiplier system its just great fun, its not gonna keep you playing for ever but it certainly will entertain you when ever your bored. i really like its my current hour to spare game. Expand
  46. Mar 19, 2011
    This game was great! I had a good time with it. You can't expect a masterpiece, but if you are looking for a short game which is fun, i would totally recommend you this game. It offers challenges for hardcore gamers, which are called echo missions. In these mission you can replay scenes from the game, but now there is a timer and your game-play gets rated with stars.
    This game is nothing
    too special , but you shouldn't miss it , if you like short and fun games Expand
  47. Jan 18, 2012
    Thank God EB Games lets you return the games you dislike for a full refund and Thank God again that this game didn't profit so there's no sequel because I was massively disappointed in this game, I was staring blank at the screen the whole time, didn't even chuckle and I don't ever want to see this god awful game again and I'm so glad the sequel will never see light of day.
  48. Mar 17, 2011
    The bottom line with Bulletstorm is that it's very innovative. This is rare in the FPS genre, too many serious FPS's are far too serious and all become facsimiles that conform to similar ideas. Bulletstorm pushes this conformity and throws it off a river riddled with bullets. The narrative could be stronger, the online components should be stronger, and the over emphasis on curse based jokes are subtle complaints to an otherwise totally fresh and thoroughly addictive and fun shooter Expand
  49. Feb 23, 2011
    The game is fun. but the main highlight is the story. multiplayer isn't so good. i like the way you get more points for creative kills but the controls are kind of bad. Multiplayer seems for like a hold off the waves of enemies kind of style. good for one time through but otherwise. guess when they said "tired of the same old shooter" in the trailer they meant they were making a worse one. I KNOW epic games can do better. Expand
  50. May 1, 2011
    The the story is bad, the gameplay is extremely bland, the AI is horrible and it actually involves less skill than the majority of FPS games out there. The controles are very limited and the game becomes so repetitive that even getting through the campaign is a chore. I definitely do not recommend this game, it's simply just not good at all.
  51. Mar 26, 2011
    I'm going to put this bluntly. Bulletstorm is not good. It's not even decent. It's downright bad, and I find the ludicrously high critic scores for it to be compelling evidence of a disturbing trend of lauding big games just because they're big and have a big name attached to them, in this case Epic. I'll start with the good parts. The graphics are really quite good; the texture work is done well and the game has that signature polished metal look that most games Epic has been involved in share. The lighting is fantastic, though that is to be expected from the Unreal Engine at this stage. The sound is also good, with guns sounding suitably powerful and ambient noise doing a nice job of setting the stage. The soundtrack, however, is lifeless, mundane, and generally weak. It does nothing for the game, and in more than a few instances I found myself wondering aloud why they would include such awful, mediocre music. The bad doesn't stop there, either. The story is horrendous. I'm not sure who came up with the idea to actually pen a story that tries to take itself seriously in a game like Bulletstorm, but they should be fired. The opening scene involves you and a redneck partner stumbling around your ship drunk while interrogating a hostage and eventually assaulting a much larger capital ship. The whole opening is laughable and the only demographic that will find it interesting or funny is the slack-jawed frat boys who like anything if it has to do with drinking. The story then proceeds to try to tell a touching story of redemption and revenge through the lens of an awful and completely unlikeable protagonist, whose name I can't even be bothered to remember now. There are some failed attempts at humor, but for the most part the game seems to actually think it has something meaningful to say. Bulletstorm would have been better had the entire story been removed from the game. I never even bothered finishing it - a true rarity for me - because I couldn't have cared any less about the world, characters, or "mission." Unfortunately, the awful story is backed by some of the worst writing I've ever heard. The script sounds as if it was composed by middle school students who are just beginning to experiment with cussing. I can't even repeat most of it here, but suffice it to say that about 75% of the dialogue is a pathetic attempt to string together swear words, sexual organs, and bodily functions into barely coherent insults. It isn't funny, it isn't cute, and it can't be classified as anything but awful. Even more unfortunate for Bulletstorm is its immense failure to capitalize on its one major draw: the skillshots. These kills range from kicking an enemy and then shooting him in the genitals/anus (of course), to sliding into him and knocking him into a conveniently placed spike wall. They are enjoyable for the first level or so (you don't even unlock them until an hour or so into the campaign), but quickly devolve into tedium due to the fact that the pretty pop ups telling you what you did and displaying the huge points you got for doing it soon shrivel up into withered little +10s that are about as satisfying to look at as a plank of wood. Go ahead, Bulletstorm, make a sex joke. I'll wait... Ostensibly this is to force you to use new moves. Seeing which moves have to be done to get back to the dopamine-producing pretty lights, however, involves pausing the game and scrolling through a list of dozens of possible kills. In a game designed to be focused on action and gunplay, the decision to force players out of the action every ten seconds or so baffles me. It completely breaks any immersion that the game had gong for it (which wasn't much due to the bland enemies and laughable AI), and it sucks all the life out of the action. It's like going grocery shopping with bullets. Look at list, complete action, look at list again. This is one of the most poorly thought out mechanics I've seen in recent years, and it kills any value the game had. Why not let the satisfying kill pop-ups continue and simply give more points for unique kills? Why inhibit the only good feature in the game? I certainly don't know. Beyond the poor campaign, Bulletstorm offers no real multiplayer. It does offer a horde-like cooperative mode that can be fun from time to time, but really just boils down to a less-than-innovative twist on a mode Epic has done before. The other option is Echo mode, which essentially just funnels you through the most action packed levels in the story and compares your scores and times against others on a leaderboard. This had potential, but again it is limited by either forced and frequent list checking or simple memorization. I had high hopes for this game, and I'm sad to report that it has failed miserably to live up to them. Apparently some like the game for reasons I don't understand, but I recommend avoiding it at all costs. SKIP. Expand
  52. Feb 23, 2011
    Take the retarded cousin of Gears or War and the Unreal series, and give it a gun. The graphics are the only nice thing about this, and thats being generous. The story is what gets me, and when you add a point system for deaths on top of that, you lose me. With SO many other great FPS games out there, Id skip this one.
  53. Apr 17, 2011
    Its alright, its typical Epic stuff with WWE sweary (pretending to be badass) wrestler / jocks in power armour. Style wise the game sucks ass. Game-play wise it can actually be quite fun, though very linear and steered. If thats your cuppa char, then go for it, but myself I like something with a bit more freedom and exploration. Going after the skills shots kind be kinda challenging and therefore fun on follow up play-throughs. My natural instinct in shooters is to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible though, so setting up skill shots does become a bit of a chore after a while. It grows old pretty quickly. Expand
  54. Mar 9, 2011
    To sum up Bulletstorm in one simple, glorious and oft forgotten word in gaming? FUN! Sick, twisted and sadistic grin inducing fun. It's one of the rare games that I found myself having fun, even when I died. Fanboyism aside, as I just simply love a good shooter - doesn't matter for what system, Bulletstorm keeps me coming back after 2 playthroughs and 1 complete Echo run. Whereas Killzone 3, which I actually started playing 1st - I still have NOT finished as it proved to be nothing more than a retread and a grind (SP campaign only - not talking about MP). The leash mechanic and numerous over the top killshots are incredibly intoxicating and oh, so cathartic. Yes, the dialog and skillshot names can be juvenile at times, and hell I'm a 40 year old adult, but after playing KZ3 and the amazing Dead Space 2 there is something to be said for a game that allows, rather NEEDS, you to turn off your brain and just go with it! It gives no allusions to being something it's not other than fantastic shooter that is truly engaging, often strategic and just plain simple fun! Expand
  55. Feb 24, 2011
    simply a game that does not function in all the aspects where not to jump is most evident ................................................................................................................................................................
  56. May 21, 2011
    I expected more from Epic Games. First of all I'd like to say Bullet storm is far from a bad game, it's just.... well a bit dull. It made me wonder whether this was a quick money make between gears 2 and 3 which is released in September, synic? maybe. Bulletstorm has a new game play mechanic which is good for a few hours then it wears which is a little sad as there was so much potential.

As with every modern game Multiplayer is a massive part of the overall package. BS's Multiplyer is what it is in it's own way but is a bit of a let down, 10 minutes 4 people a horde of enemies, how original and so on , that is basically it. Buy this if there is a game release drought and there's nothing left to try but otherwise save your money for a decent future release ;)
  57. Feb 23, 2011
    i played this game but it was not was i was expecting at all. Singleplayer is very cheap, multiplayer does not exist. It is a shame it could have been a good game. The offering is not worth the money and i will try to sell it ASAP.
  58. Feb 28, 2011
    i highly recommend it. Still, be careful when picking up this game, as it will ruin every other FPS for you. This really is a noticeable evolutionary step in the genre of FPS and after playing it for a few hours you will be instinctively reaching for the kick and leash buttons in any FPS you will play from now on. And not finding them will feel disappointing.
  59. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply fantastic. Really good graphics, nice sounds and music, but the most important aspect in Bullestorm is gameplay. It's incredible. Pacing is outstanding, skillshots are awesome and finally game is really fun. Must have for all FPS fans :)
  60. Mar 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is different than CoD, MoH, BF, blah blah blah. Not better, nor worse. Just different. Good graphics, good music and good gameplay - but it's hard to hit the market today without such a basis. Bulletstorm also provides a fantastic game. First of all, a solid dose of humor. This is a recently neglected in FPS games. Instead of humor we get often banal, pathetic, crudely patriotic talks. Bulletstorm distances itself. It's nice to return to the roots of FPS games. Similarly, a pleasant surprise is the ranking system of Echo, where you can compete with your friends in the race for best score for a spectacular fight on selected pieces of maps. For me it's definitely one of the best debuts of recent years. Expand
  61. Mar 2, 2011
    Finally, a fresh first person shooter that focus on being fun instead of serious. The time I spent with Bulletstorm is definitely worth it and even after the single player campaign Iâ
  62. Mar 3, 2011
    Intensely fun, creatively violent, grippingly immersive and unforgivably funny. Oh boy, Oh boy! This is what gaming is all about. This game has everything for old school and new school gamers to enjoy!
  63. May 29, 2011
    Este juego es excelente. La historia es buena , el multijugador es excelente y trishka esta bien buena.
    Comprenlo, rentenlo, pidanlo prestado. Da igual pero jueguenlo ya.
  64. Mar 10, 2011
    Believe me, this game is fantastic! I can't remember the last time i had so much fun with an fps, It makes other shooters like Call Of Duty and Killzone feel slow and dull in comparison. This is a game for people who remember that first and foremost, gaming is about having fun.
  65. Mar 14, 2011
    Les vidéo test nouvelle formule sont arrivés ! Enfin, le premier est arrivéâ
  66. Mar 14, 2011
    Ok so I'm going to give Bulletstorm the benefit of the doubt simply because it brings back that old- school shooter vibe pioneered by classics like Duke Nukem and Serious Sam. But to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed with this game mainly due to it's extremely linear and somewhat repetitive nature. You would think that the whole "skillshots" mechanic would carry the whole game from start to finish triumphantly on its shoulders, but shooting some guy in the jewels 8 times before punting him into a chasm DOES get old after the 100th time. Trust me. Don't get me wrong, Bulletstorm is a really enjoyable game overall. The graphics are gorgeous and the setting comes off as a Doctor Seuss world from Hell (props to whoever did the art for this game) and the weapons and skillshots are really unique for the most part. The characters and writing are also enjoyable and funny albeit somewhat immature at times. I mean, I'm an 18 year old male and 50 dick jokes every level get old. Just don't expect this to be a game that will hold your interest for months on end mainly due to the repetitive nature of the game and short campaign which clocks in under 10 hours if you're a half decent FPS player. Expand
  67. Mar 18, 2011
    I am shocked at some pro reviews that are sometimes given. I think some reviewers are major action gamers and feel a need to support this genre. No sure how this gets a 10 or a 100. Bulletstorm is fun and crazy and sometimes riveting, sometimes repetitious. It's built well but has a very thin story and takes the dumb Redneck thing overboard. They could have stripped out the bad language and you never would have missed it much so it seems like a crutch when it's overused. The Single player campaign is very linear and still very fun. Some new combat concepts keep it fresh. Everything else is fun but it won't win Game of The Year. In short, it's a fun FPS with some new twists and is worthwhile to play if you really like the action FPS type of game. If you like a little strategy then you will be a little disappointed. It's more like Halo or Gears of War than COD or Battlefield. Good Gaming! Expand
  68. May 28, 2011
    This game lacks soul and i just don't like it at all. Yes the graphic are good , yes the enemy deaths are elaborate but in a nut shell it poor single player game with an even worse co-op mode. BUY Borderlands instead.
  69. Apr 29, 2011
    total trash. slow motion isnt a very good game mechanic. ur surly robo partners awful dialogue? omg is it bad. u almost have to play this game to truly appreciate how awful it is, just dont buy it or EA will never learn. like theres 4 guns but ur always outta ammo, they dont work very well, and the power ups are super lame. the tractor beam whip thing doesnt even work on half the enemies, so i didnt bother with it. the combo kills, which are the games gimmick, are really just a chore. the online is attrocious, just horrible, i nerdrage quit halfway in, its just ppl spamming the "get over here" whip thing. the voice acting is like a half aborted larynx. very pretty though. one of the prettiest POS ever. Expand
  70. May 25, 2011
    This game is okay. It has fun and funny singleplayer, but is a little short and has almost no replay value. If it had a good multiplayer I would be fine, but its multiplayer is mediocre at best. Rent this game, do not buy it at full price.
  71. Sep 16, 2011
    Although "Bulletstorm" is not what you would call a game of the year, or the next big thing, or one of the greatest games of our time, or the most epic story line sense the "Halo" series, "Bulletstorm" sure does make for one hell of a fun time. You'll laugh and enjoy killing space barbarians countless times, again, and again, in over 50 different ways or more.
  72. Aug 23, 2012
    This is one boring and repetitive game. BS starts off absolutely superbly with an action packed, testosterone fueled intro that leads you to believe you're gonna be in for one hell of a ride, but you are quickly bought back down to earth when you try to get your teeth into some real action. You see, for all the scenic grandeur, epicn-ess and trashy marine-talk that the game offers the gameplay itself is very dull and very gimmicky. For the brief moments where combat plays like a real shooter it can get very exciting, but these moments make up 1% of the game with a stupid slow-mo "bulletkick" and the "creativity of you kills" being a tiresome gimmick which the whole game is based around and which just bogs it down. The mechanics work well enough, but there were just so many moments in the game where I though "I wish I could just cut through the BS and enjoy the game". Enemy AI is dire and, as with so many other games, you can hide away whilst your team-mate goes and kills everyone for you. Throw a mish-mashed, bloated, & poor plot into the bag and you've a game to definitely avoid. As gimmicky as games get and very, very poor for it. Expand
  73. Jul 7, 2012
    This game is somewhat bizarre for me. For the first 30 minutes or so, it's all very fresh as the game teaches you how to play and how to use the tethers, kicks, and slides to dispatch enemies. But soon after that I found myself getting bored, feeling like I was just grinding with the same handful of tactics. The immense list of combos the game wants you to pull of is nice for variation, but not very practical, so I didn't bother consulting it every other kill to pick a combo to go for next since it was killing the flow and pace of the game. I keep putting it down after about an hour at a time, getting incredible tired of how repetitive and linear the gameplay is, but when I come back to it a few hours later, it feels incredibly fresh for about 10 minutes before the staleness creeps back in. Rinse and repeat. Not a bad game by any stretch, but still one that could have been much better. It would have been nice to see some of the time and effort put into these different kill combos reallocated to make the game less linear, less grindy, and maybe take away some of the clunkiness of movement. Having your slide get interrupted by a single brick can be annoying, as can getting tripped up while rounding corners. Expand
  74. DME
    Mar 25, 2013
    Apart from some bad dialogue and unfitting drama, Bulletstorm is a great deal of fun. It's very unique and just a blast to play, all due to some very intelligent design decisions. For one, you can reload while you attack or run, which keeps an empty clip from stopping the action. You also have a variety of quirky weapons, similar to weapons found in the Ratchet-&-Clank series. The arcade points you get are used as currency rather than just "score" to be posted on leaderboards. The campaign is varied, environments are interesting, and the game also throws some cool boss battles into the mix, too. Due to the arcade nature of the game, the campaign also has a good amount of replay value. I can see myself going back to play it a second or third time, increasing the difficulty level. Anyway, Bulletstorm won't teach you anything worthwhile and you aren't going to be a smarter individual for playing it, but it sure as hell is FUN. Expand
  75. Apr 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had just rented this game from a local Family Video for one day during a sleepover at a friends. I have a few things to say about this, some of which aren't so pleasing. First of all, since Epic was the developer of this game, I knew it would have thought it had a great set of characters with a great storyline and a good sense of humor with the "right" amount of curse words used, along with well- developed graphics, imaginative enemies and ways of killing them, a lot like in the famous series of video games known as Gears of War. I was a bit wrong for some of those thoughts, but let me say, I think that the ideas in this game were taken from other popular games. Think about it, if you have played this, the enemies are wasteland junkies that take a lot of lead to lie on the ground and have very creative weapons near- hand, a lot like in the award- winning 2K game of 2009 and 2010, Borderlands. The idea of a half- retired drunk that knows how to use a gun, is a total tool, and is hated by most of his crew, including a teacher's pet- like Asian soldier. Also, a lot like in Gears of War. I also think that the idea of evil plants that could kill people, even your enemies, is a lot like the Legend of Zelda, or Super Mario series. I would also like to mention the unrealistic slides and non- living dangers, such as the giant wheel that chases you when you obtain your first defeated boss's turret gun, are a bit disappointing, on account that this game is from the same developers as the legendary Gears of War, along with the publishers of the epic Battlefield, Dead Space, and many more. Then again, with all of the disappointments that this game contained, it did keep me occupied and very, very entertained. Also, on a side note, a congratulations to the developers on getting the Cartoon Network announcer for their commercials to play the main voice of Captain Grey. Thanks for reading, and if you still are, I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the classic, creative, brutally gory and time- taking video games. Expand
  76. Mar 3, 2011
    The multiplayer in this game is a mess and needs some serious fixing.

There is only one mode and there is only Quick Match or Private Match. Why can't you host a public match or search for particular maps? Why does Private Match have no custom options or than map selection?

There's no host migration which means if the host disconnects the game is over for everybody else: Therefore
    you can play 7 waves and if the host quits everybody else gets screwed.

In quick match, it often adds you to games that are around wave 10 or so (I have noticed this is normally the wave where players will quit). This is fine, except the new player will have no upgrades which other players have been building up since the start. That puts him a serious disadvantage as they are weaker, slower have less weapons and ammuntion against strong enemies. The team skill shots are extremely unreliable to pull off. Its really stupid that one player has to initiate the kill and another has to finish it (so it requires EXACTLY two players) because with four players it is often hard to tell who has kicked or leashed the enemy and if the wrong player finishes the move it is failed. The game offers no way to boot players. This is one of the biggest issues. Players who idle make the game impossible as the required points for each round increase for every player in the game. Therefore an idling player makes it progressing past a difficult wave nigh impossible. Also, inexperienced (or simply just trolling) players can sabotage your game by purposefully failing team challenges.

A MESS!!
  77. Mar 15, 2011
    Game is rubbish and generic,just cheesy as hell and very short,there is no multiplayer,just online co-op playing against computer AI,loads of bugs n glitches in the 360 version so if your gonna buy this game get the ps3 version.
  78. Mar 5, 2011
    With a host of weapons packed with devistating charge shots, a smooth talking foul, mouthed main character, a gunslinging lady friend who can hold her own in a fight anda badass cyborg with attitude problems. Bulletstorm lived up to the idea that it was like no other shooter and most definitely earned the slogan "kill with skill" as it is not just about running into a fight all guns blazing like some of its rival shooters or being briefed on what seems like a real life war scenario like the call of duty series, it is about killing your enemys in some of the coolest,bloodiest and skillfull ways imaginable. Along with the some epic cutscenes, imaginity scenery, devilishly witty characters and to top it all off some of the most pointless, mindless out of place , funny humour known ever to grace an xbox title bulletstorm should be deep with in your disc drive ASAP. Expand
  79. Mar 1, 2011
    I wasn't aware that this was supposed to be a gears clone. I was thinking more along the lines of borderlands or something... The only growth elements are you get to upgrade the small pool of guns using points from killing people. The aiming is super awkward... On max sensitivity it takes forever to move your aim far while looking down the sight. This does not help set up skill shots better. I guess it's one of those things where you get used to each game seperately. I hate that. Get over yourselves you stupid developers... just standardize the game controls already. On harder modes you sit there pounding some dude in the face with like half a clip to get them to finally decide they have taken enough. I guess that explains why they are rushing a guy with an assualt rifle wielding axes... Story seems ok... got some personality... I'm a little burnt out on stories so I guess I am not the best judge. Expand
  80. Mar 18, 2011
    Beat the campaign pretty quickly but it was a lot of fun. The MP is only fun if you have friends that are willing to work as a team. Joining quick matches is like joining a Halo Firefight match, everyone for themselves.

Good, fun game as long as you arent looking for a really deep game play experience
  81. Mar 15, 2011
    It is great to get a FPS that feels fresh and new. Bulletstorm feels kind of like Unreal Tournament meets Gears of War. It's a fresh new game and I can't wait to see if this becomes a new franchise from Epic Games!
  82. May 13, 2011
    Bullet Storm was a fun ride while it lasted, great campain, over the top action, and so many satisfying ways to slaughter your foes. Although the lack of a co-op mode and borring online modes cheapen its long term appeal. An amazing rental but hardly worth the full retail price.
  83. Feb 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not sure where the comparisons to Gears of War come in. Other than having Epic on the case, this game bears no more resemblance to Gears than any other sci-fi/fantasy shooter out there. The first person campaign has some of the wackiest and most memorable set pieces and props of any game in this generation. The remote control giant robot, the collapsed skyscraper bridge, and the signature giant wheel of doom are all jaw droppingly executed. Unfortunately you have to experience all of these through a bevy of one-liners that aren't just crude and sophomoric but actually make little sense. The dialog is terrible, bottom line. Not because it is offensive, it just isn't necessary. It's there to grab bad press and sell copies. That being said, the campaign is definitely worth a play-through or two if only to enjoy the scenery. The games main mechanic is the leash/skillshot combo system. I will admit the leash worked better than I expected and is an interesting approach to Tony Hawk style maneuver collecting with guns. However, by the end of the game I found myself less concerned with how I could kill the same bad guy I'd been fighting all game long and more interested in looking around. The multiplayer was fun the first few times I played it but found that if I was interested in playing a multiplayer game I went straight back to other shooters that had more breadth and depth. Interesting but not remarkable. All in all the game is definitely worth renting or picking up once the $60 price tag falls. Expand
  84. Jul 12, 2011
    It's nice to see a game that has this much humor, I found myself laughing at just about everything the characters said, not because it was stupid or cheesy but because it was genuinely funny, however the characters themselves while funny aren't really likable, and the story behind this FPS isn't really anything to talk to your friends about and has a lame conclusion, what you can talk to your friends is the super cool moments like outrunning a giant dinosaur creature, or escaping just seconds before an explosion, or new ways to pull off skill shots, but to get to these epic moments you have to go through a lot of by the book shooting sections, which is a real disappointment because this game was supposed to be a new unique shooter, but it ends up becoming what it was trying to avoid being, just another shooter, while it has a long campaign it mostly just consists of running and gunning and gets repetitive and tedious, and while it tries to shake things up once or twice those sections end up dragging on way to long, and sure the skill shot system is a unique idea and it is satisfying to be rewarded for killing enemies in the most brutal of ways and will have you using your environment in some satisfying ways, but it never really takes off until the Anarchy and Echo modes, and you have access not only to guns (most of which feel extremely under powered) you have a cool "leash" which acts like a whip to bring thing towards you, and a kick attack which shakes things up, but when they through enemies that these wont work on in the mix you have to go back to the boring guns to kill your enemies, and the Anarchy mode is fun for a little while it falls into the same traps as the single player, and the Echo mode will have you running back through campaign levels to bet high scores in a short amount of time is interesting for a little while but then quickly gets boring, but even with these flaws I still enjoyed Bulletstorm for it's sense of humor and unique skill shot system, and I believe it's the perfect rental, I hope the sequel (hinted at the end and after the credits) improves on these good ideas, but as it stands now it's a decent shooter. Expand
  85. Mar 6, 2011
    Badassery (yeah, I just made up a word). This comes through the dialogue and interactions that keep the game fresh and funny at some points, all though the word 'dick' is used excessively throughout which comes across as a little juvenile. Oh yeah and the 4-barrelled shotgun is an awesome gun which I never get tired of juggling crazy locals in the air, because I am a sicko like that.

But
    the main issue of this game is the fact the mechanic, although kinda fresh, feels a little flawed at some points because it only really works best when you are overrun with freaks. The multi-player got boring after the first couple hours because it is only the survival mode which is seen throughout shooters nowadays. I like survival and all that with my friends but the idea of having to make an arbitrary number of points before passing a wave feels really boring, oh and its pretty hard to die on 'Bulletstorm' so it feels like they have taken everything outdated about the wave mode and then taken out all the good bits, this is where the mechanic falls short and ultimately broken. Expand
  86. Mar 12, 2011
    The most original and satisfying game I've played in a long time. Campaign length is perfect and fits the game. The game actually has a decent story for a shooter. The graphics are top notch for the Xbox. Though, in some of the sections in the final level some noticeable framerate drops happen, but that does not deter from the overall great experience. I'm giving this game only an 8 because the multiplayer is lacking. Anarchy mode is fun for a few hours, but gets stale. Echo's is just rehash of the same levels you played through on the single player campaign. Game should of at-least had a co-op. Overall a very great single player shooter! Expand
  87. Mar 4, 2011
    This is an epic game. not the game it self, it's on OK one, but usual epic games developer features and tricks are applied here as in all of their games.
    Overall, this game, in it's short lifespan, can bring you fun and excitement, but also some very frustrating bugs. I would give a try, but do not expect too much.
  88. Feb 22, 2011
    "Bulletstorm" offers something different then most other games that have came out lately. Unlike most FPS that pop out now a days "Bulletstorm" isn't trying to be that "super real war game" if you wont bragging rights for doing something this game is for you with the echo modes you see your scores against your friends. if your not the kind of person that like doing the same thing over and over again in shooters and wants to beat his friends asses this game is for you. Expand
  89. Jul 27, 2011
    Bulletstorm has some good, some bad, and lots of "meh" elements. I'm not gonna write an extensive review of it, just because the game itself doesn't really warrant it, but suffice it to say, if you're looking for a half decent FPS to get you through a lull in the release calendar, find this in a bargain bin for a decent price, or are looking for a decent rental to kill a few evenings, it will do the trick, but don't expect something as engaging as COD, battlefield, or halo, in terms of story, character development, or overall engagement with the narrative.

The bad:
    Storyline, storyline, storyline. Every plot device is contrived and predictable, every character is generic and stereotypical of the "hardened space marine" story you've seen in a million different films and games.
    Dialogue. Purile and unfunny, after 30 minutes, you know exactly what to expect. Over the top, vulgar, tongue in cheek, "insert witty vulgar remark here" quips are peppered everywhere in this game, and while they are fine, and are largely in keeping with the tone of the game, they grate on you before you're halfway through it.
    The AI. Seriously annoying and unhelpful, often getting in your line of fire or blocking your view, occasionally forgetting to do something crucial to advancement of the game like opening a door or something after you've cleaned out some enemies, and pretty much permanently being of no use whatsoever in a firefight, leaving you to kill absolutely everything that moves.
    The sniper rifle: I mean seriously, a steerable, high velocity bullet that still allows your enemies time to get out of the way at the last second EVERY time you take a shot at them, leaving you the chore of chasing them around with a bullet in slow-mo? Come on. Sniping is about patience and satisfaction in the payoff for a headshot or picking off an enemy in cover. Worst sniping mechanic EVER, in ANY shooter i've played. The developer hould have just left it out of the game completely.

The good: Interesting, if a little repetitive skillshot system that rewards you for using the leash (an electro-whip) and the kick ( a "kick" that sends your enemies flying) and the resulting moments of slow-mo to set up kills and multi-kills in interesting ways using different weapons and aspects of the environment such as spikes, killer plants, precarious yet extremely common exposed electrical wiring, 100-foot drops, etc, etc. It's a nice twist on the standard FPS action, and the only thing that saves this game from complete mediocrity.

High Points [Spoilers]

-Rampaging around a level with a gigantic radio controlled Dinosaur robot shooting lasers from it's eyes and stomping/obliterating everything that moves. (i kid you not). Ridiculously overpowered and not at all balanced in terms of difficulty, but a nice break from the mid-game monotony that will have set in by the point in the story where it pops up.
    -Firing an explosive chain bomb that wraps around an enemy's neck, then kicking him (in slow mo) into a bunch of his friends and detonating him, blowing the lot of them to pieces, and scoring lots of points to spend on more weapons and ammo.

Low points [spoilers]
    -The predictable "twist" involving the third protagonist and her connection with the main character.
    -Running around for a good 45 mins to an hour, allied with the guy you just KNOW is going to double cross you and will eventually be the end boss. JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE F*CKING HEAD FFS :-/

Overall, Bulletstorm isn't bad, it isn't excellent, it's tired, stereotypical, seen it all before FPS game, that's saved from complete mediocrity by some interesting weapon mechanics and the unique if a little repetitive skillshot system that buys it some time. Like that "fill-in" girlfriend you used to have, It's nothing spectacular, but it will pass the time, give you something to do, and keep your skills sharp till something better comes along in a few months.

Final score 7/10
  90. Mar 4, 2011
    Last Tuesday the good people behind Gears of War released Bulletstorm for XB360 and PS3. Reaction to the game has been mixed to say the least, with some people praising its original gameplay and others ridiculing its over-the-top action and genital-themed humor. I can see where developer Epic Games was going with Bulletstorm - however, the mark was missed.

Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato are
    members of Dead Echo, an "elite" band of space pirates who find themselves betrayed and marooned on a very inhospitable planet. Armed to the teeth, they must blast their way through hordes of mutants and flesh eating gangs to exact revenge on the man who betrayed them. The story itself isn't terrible - what's terrible is the garbage these two are constantly spewing from their mouths. I'm referring to the dialogue, and it has got to be the worst I have ever heard from any video game ever. It's so bad in fact that it pulls you out of the action and the story, and for a moment you think you're watching a bad episode of Jackass.

Thank goodness for the gameplay.

Bulletstorm has some of the most original gameplay I've seen from a first person shooter to date. Early on in the game you acquire the leash - an energy weapon that allows you to pull enemies towards you for punishment or into hazards such as; giant cacti, jagged rebar, spikes and explosive barrels. The leash also grades you on your kills and awards points used to upgrade your abilities and weapons. Skillshots happen when the punishment you inflict on the enemy is creative. For example, kick an explosive barrel into a group of bad guys, leash an enemy off a cliff or just simply shoot them in the throat or buttocks for extra points - it's pretty fun. However by the end of the game, it begins to feel very repetitive due to the lack of variety in the gameplay. I found myself performing the same five or six Skillshots over and over again.

Aside from the leash, there are some cool firearms at your disposal. Those include a shotgun, a machine gun, a grenade launcher and a sniper rifle just to name a few. All of the guns in the game have an alternate fire, which can be upgraded throughout the game and ammunition is plentiful.

Single player campaign aside, there is Echoes Mode. In Echoes you complete short portions of each level, then your score is posted on an online leaderboard. Customize your weapon loadout and "kill with skill" for major points used to unlock more stages and different skins for your character. I find this adds little replay value since all of the stages in Echoes are found during single player play.

If you are expecting a multiplayer experience similar to Call of Duty or Killzone, you will be disappointed. "Anarchy" is a four player cooperative multiplayer mode where players work together to perform team Skillshots as you dispatch the mutant gangs and dominate each map. This sort of cooperative multiplayer is fun, but by itself just isn't enough to satisfy most seasoned FPS veterans.

If you were fortunate enough to have purchased the Epic Edition of the game (exclusive to the XB360) then you will have received a free pass to the Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta. For some people, this was easily worth the game's $60 price tag.

The graphics are the best part of Bulletstorm. This game runs off of the latest Unreal game engine - it looks and plays smoother than any other FPS currently on the market. When the action gets intense, there are no noticeable frame rate issues or freezing. The sprawling vistas of the alien world are very impressive and the character models are spot on.

I was left feeling let down by the Bulletstorm experience and I feel there could have been little improvements that would have made things a lot better. The dialogue - I understand that the developers and EA Games wanted the characters to come off edgy with a comedic flare, but the toilet humor and gratuitous swearing is not the way to do it. The gameplay - vary it a little with some driving or flying sequences. The multiplayer - have an online mode where gamers don't have to JUST work cooperatively.

In the end the original leash dynamic and Skillshot were not enough to save this game from its certain fate at the local Wal-Mart discount bin.

91. Mar 10, 2011
    More generic FPS boredom for the already gigantic pile available on the market, the promised "innovation" of stylish kills wears thin fast, as all it really consists of, is kicking enemies into spikes and other random scenery. The campaign is painfully short, the only thing that this game is worth praising about are the visuals, which are crisp and the environments are nice, but otherwise, please avoid if you are tired of generic FPS games. Expand
  92. Mar 23, 2011
    First things first, i copied this game from someone elses computer during a lan party, so i paid zero dollars.
    I started playing this game expecting it to be fun, i heard from my friends it was really fun and had funny dialogue. 15 mins in i literally was bored, theres no real challenge in pulling off any of the skillkills since the game freezes anything you kick for 2 handholding seconds
    to make sure you don't hurt yourself. also it doesnt try to hide the fact that it wants you to kill guys a certain way during different parts. one section it makes sure you are away of hotdog carts, and that you can kick them, there is no way not to know the existance of hotdog carts, or their ability to be kicked. or cactuses, which are comically huge and have 4 foot spikes that enemies home in on once they are kicked, Dark Messiah style. Weapons are a pretty standard affair of contraptions that kill people in the least sensible way.
    The ai is simply retarded, most guys will just run right at you, others just kinda stand still and shoot tiny bullets at your adamantine frame. The graphics are actually pretty dated, ut3 may still be pretty, but you can see the age marks on the terrain details. the plot is abysmal, though who didn't expect that?
    Now for the best part, the dialogue. Its hard to make a game where characters are funny and likable, they cant be too witty or too realistic, or else they're just boring. Bulletstorm does neither of those and makes a character who has both the wit and vocabulary of a 5th grader. Now pull up a carpet square children and lets imagine something. imagine that kid everyone thinks is funny, even though everything he says isn't funny to you and you hate his guts. That right there is the main character. Nothing he says is funny or imaginative, he might as well just spout out a random meme you've heard a million times every time he kills someone. Thats who you have to deal with through the length of the game. Also theres this lame asian character who plays the 'sane-person dealing with the trained ape' shtick, at least he just mumbles and you can never really hear him, he also doesn't even do damage to anyone, he just blindfires in their general direction. oh, yeah, speaking of damage. like i said before, Grey's armor/entire being is coated in some kind of anti-bullet creme that lets him laugh in the face of guns (This was on hard mode), so don't worry about dying.

Ima wrap this up. Bottom line: i didn't even pay for this game and i dont even have the will to play it. If you want a substitute, just play UT3 and yell out 'piss-dick' every time something interesting happens.
  93. CPB
    Mar 15, 2011
    I actually like this game, at first I didn't but once you get a few guns and you find out more ways to kill people it's a blast. Sure the story is run of the mill but the characters are so balls to the wall that it actually makes the story not boring. It is also very violent, and me likey the violence.
  94. Mar 15, 2011
    Where to start, the horrid story, the useless servers or possibly the awfull cutscenes. Bulletstorm has split me in two. I love the new skillshot system including some hilarious but down right wierd ones but what bulletstorm does is it ruins what it has with its awfull dialouge and how long it takes to complete, five hours... oh how atrocious. We live in a world where people damn call of duty to the fiery pits of hell with its seven to eight hour storyline yet they can say ''oh look this shooter its so long it took me ten hours to finish''. What i believe bulletstorm has done is thrown a spanner in the works, this game will undoubtedly split people, one day i hated the game as i felt it was far too repetetive, then i found new fuuny skillshots and loved it but the more you play you realise this isnt to fun im gonna try something fun and the unrewarding system denies you and down right hilarious shot. The online is atrocious i was unable to find one game in twenty attempts but with friends and communication it is one of the best online games ever but only one game mode is just so underwhelming. I think that if epic game kept the game in the oven for a bit longer and refined its amazing mechanics such as kick and slide and change the length and the whole campaign to be honest. I find that its too repetative as you simply go forward, kick something or someone kill X amount of people in Y area. The graphics are stunning yet the game is let down by the univentiveness of the area as you dont change location throughout. Overall i think that it was made too quickly and that has let it down, a more refined game would get my vote. Expand
  95. Jun 11, 2011
    FUN! FUN!! & MORE FUN!!!.......................had a right laugh playing this,my only moan is it's over to quick...very fresh..a gamers game...great graphics and a storyline...as to DANTE777 learn to spell mate...and get back on your ps3...i have both consoles and will only leave reviews for the 360 on the 360 page etc...get some more daylight boy.....to all you 360's out there buy this its brillant.. Expand
  96. Mar 18, 2011
    When I first started playing Bulletstorm, I thought I had stumbled upon the reincarnation of Unreal Tournament. Turns out it's not quite that awesome, but it still has some pretty cool features. The graphics are astounding, especially on a big screen with 1080p - they really bring to life all the characters and the many wonderful ways in which you can mutilate them. The gameplay itself is both challenging and addicting, and each game mode gives you plenty of time to experiment with it. Storyline is downright corny, but it had enough humor to keep my attention. I spent 8 hours on single-player on Hardcore, and have barely scratched the surface of multiplayer or echoes. My only major complaint is that there is only one multiplayer mode, and it's co-op, so expect something more along the lines of Left4Dead as an online experience. Expand
  97. Mar 19, 2011
    After looking screenshots from bulletstorm, it is very predictable that it is a rated "M" game. After renting this game, I was a little worried that the way you kill an enemy will get a little repetitious. Surprisingly, it's not very repetitious at all. It's quite amusing to tell you the truth. If you have bulletstorm and you hate hearing people curse, then you should either return it or turn off the volume because there is a lot of cursing found in this game. The game has a fun story but it is very predictable once you start the game. The game does feature some humor but I felt the humor went off the line at some points (Very personal opinion on that). The game took me about two days to complete and I felt if it gone longer, than it would get a little repetitious. The graphics in the game reminds me a lot of "Enslaved". Let's get to the verdict. Overall, Bulletstorm is perfect for shooter and action fans. It is definitely worth it to check this game out.

+ Fun Story
    + Beautiful Graphics
    + Humor
    - Off the line humor
    - Predictable story line

RATING: 8/10
  98. Mar 19, 2011
    Bulletstorm is a new and memorable entry into the first person genre. The new skillshot system held a lot of promise and fully delivered! Some people might see this as gimmicky, like me. I was very suprised by the compelling story of revenge filled to the brim with dick jokes! I had a fantastic time with bulletstorm, but I wonder how much longer i'll keep coming back..
  99. Mar 22, 2011
    Bulletstorm came as an unexpected surprise. Actually didn't had any high hopes for the game but when I inserted the disc and started playing I couldn't stop and played through the whole solo campaign in one session. Love the game, a candidate for best game of the year!

Graphics: Wonderful!! As good as it gets on PS3!

Sound: What you expect, good surround and the sounds of your weapons
    make them feel really powerful. The only negative is some of the ambient sounds. Like the waterfalls, when you are standing only a couple of meters from them its not the roar you could expect. But the character dialog is good and dont listen to the people who complains about the dickjokes, its actually not that often and really is what you expect from hardcore military guys.

Story: Actually a really good story for a FPS and you actually want to play on just to see what happens in the next chapter in the storyline. In the end of the single-person story you just know there will definitely be a sequel to this excellent game.

Multiplayer: Had some problems finding a game so can´t really write something here.

Replay value: Ok, because you just want to play it again and try out all the kill-shots you missed the first time.

Overall: A shooter that doesn't get boring. Why? Because of the kill-moves, you really try to be as creative as possible in killing your enemies just to get more points for guns, ammo and upgrades. The solo-campaign is way too short!! Its actually the first game I have played through in one session. I hope they will release updates with new solo content.

If it wasn't for the lame ambient sounds and the short solo campaign I would have give it a solid 10 but now it gets a 9 instead.

Sorry for my bad English, its not my primary language. :)
  100. Mar 23, 2011
    Assume, for a moment, that what you really want in a first-person shooter is solid gameplay. great graphics, and a plethora of dick jokes. If so, then Bulletstorm may be the game for you. And it delivers.
  101. May 21, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Not a bad game, but also not a great one that misses the mark on a few levels, most notably the dialog for this gamer. I am sure there's a target market out there who eats this type of language up, and will be mimicking what they hear for a while, but sadly I am not this market.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Bulletstorm is not only offering a lot of enemies to shoot. We did not expect such good character development and such an entertaining story.
  3. May 10, 2011
    I guess the question really comes down to whether Bulletstorm is worth your hard-earned gaming dollar. If you're a single-player campaign person, there is a fun and engaging story to be found. If you're into the multiplayer scene, I'd highly recommend getting the full version (you may want to calculate your new cost vs. used cost + 800 points). It is definately worth playing ... the question you need to answer for yourself is whether it's worth owning.