3.4

1. Jan 21, 2013
    This game has nothing to do with hunting. This is a classic shooter. You go through "corridor" and kill hundreds of animals. No stalking, luring and hunting. And there is a mode that resembles Duck Hunt (NES), but with modern graphics. As shooting range - worthy, as hunting - a failure.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    I don't know how they managed to turn open world hunting game into another generic linear shooting game. It's like COD with animals. It is NOT a hunting game. It's this "stuff runs toward you! KILL THEM ALL!!!" kind of game.
  3. Oct 1, 2013
    Understand me. I love nature. I don't hunt myself but I respect lawful hunting and agree with it. Understand my shock then that a game made by a hunting and outdoors company has next to NOTHING to do with hunting. Cabela games can be very much like real hunting, the dangerous hunts games however are iffy at absolute best or 2013 at worst.

Does it make it a bad game? Actually no.
    Understand the levels are more like a very stylized FPS or railshooter, leave the idea its a hunting game at the door; and it actually is quite fun. It has flaws sure. The graphics range from great to subpar. The voice synching is off at times. Once again, its not a hunting game. And some of the levels make no sense (i.e. the Sandstorm level).

Perks? The AI in the game is actually very believable at times (again, outside sandstorm). The enemies, like real animals, don't charge you head on, they flank, coordinate; and ambush. This, especially if using the gun accessory can make some parts of the game actually frightening. Music score is also fairly good. I actually think of this as less a hunting game, and more a survivor horror game with dangerous animals rather than zombies or monsters. Realistic? Not often. Fun? Yes.

If you like survival games or FPS with a challenge (play with heartbeat detecting gun with no aim assist), this is a good pick. Otherwise, it's ok. Flawed, but ok.

Oddly, what doesn't come into play so much is the series' unique new feature - the heart-rate monitoring done by the optional new Top Shot Fearmaster.
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    Painfully low production values, unsatisfying action, and outright confusing controls.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    The more the game buries the heart beat and stability ideas, the less it feels like something bold and innovative, and the more it feels like a fun little bonus layered on top of an otherwise straightforward game.