8.2

1. Aug 30, 2010
    Apparently these people don't realize that this is a pretty early xbox 360 game. It is a very solid shooter with solid graphics and gameplay. The missions are fun and it keeps you busy after you beat the campaign with a solid multiplayer mode.
  2. Jul 17, 2011
    The First great Shooter for the Xbox 360? You bet your whole 120 million dollar mansion it is. Not only that, but out of all the games in the Call Of Duty Franchise, this is the best. No, that's underestimating it. It is the ULTIMATE Call Of Duty Game to have. It is Infinity Ward's Masterpiece. Call of Duty 2, best played on the 360, is a testament to the modern day First Person Shooter. Unlike the original Call Of Duty, Call Of Duty 2 takes us to places in the war more epic and diverse than the Original. Normandy, the greatest and most gruesome battle of the War, is portrayed in CoD2. North Africa is portrayed in CoD2. Moscow is portrayed in CoD2. Stalingrad is portrayed in CoD2. It is an amazing experience. Not only that, but multiplayer is kick-ass awesome aswell. Very rrare in the Call Of Duty series a GREAT CAMPAIGN and GREAT MULTIPLAYER. Only two other in the Call Of Duty titles achieve this. Well done, Infinity Ward! Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2011
    For a FPS that was made in 2005 this holds up extremely well, the campaign is epic and one of the best in the series, and the graphics look great for a game that came out in 2005, and the sound design is still top notch and fantastic, and if you've played a recent Call of Duty game you'll have no problem playing this as the controls are identical, the only thing different from this and newer Call of Duty games is that there isn't a sprint option and there isn't a knife but you do have a riffle butt so melee attacks aren't a one hit kill, and you will still be able to find a multiplayer match every now and then, and the multiplayer is still fun but flawed, I like the fact that you can change classes in the middle of a match which is cool, but the fact that you can change teams in the middle of a match so if your team is losing you can just jump on the others is a huge flaw, but obviously you'll just play a newer Call of Duty for your multiplayer fix, but it's still cool to play a match or two just to see how far it's come from then, the best part about this is the fantastic campaign which is action packed and will keep you coming back, honestly I have to say I loved this and that it's the best World War 2 FPS I've ever played, and this is a must play for Call of Duty, World War 2, or FPS fans, or just people who like to play fantastic games, I highly recommend. Expand
  4. Mar 18, 2011
    This is my favorite shooter ever. Great play and feel. Perfects controls. Completely balanced. Good graphics for it's time. THIS is the game that started the COD franchise. Single player was definitely fun and made me feel like I was in a war. It was excitement and full of emotion. Multiplayer was the best multiplayer experience I've ever had on a game. No BS perks and killstreaks like the newer CODs. Just a man and his gun. (And a grenade or launcher or to). Collapse
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    For a game that is like six years old, this i what is Call of Duty in one hundred percent . Adrenaline and non stop action is what you expect. The single player is enough to satisfy every one, in fact even better than all the short campaigns of the latest entries. Have a problem with Multiplayer? don't complain because is as addictive as ever.
  6. Apr 15, 2012
    Cod 2 is one of the best Cod's ever made. Campaign is just fantastic. Multiplayer is good to. Just a great Cod. Campaign 9/10 Multiplayer 8/10 Cod 2 8.9/10
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    As one of the early Xbox 360 games, Call of Duty 2 was alot of fun and had nice graphics. COD2 is probably one of my most favorite WW2 based games of all times and it is alot of fun, shooter fans def. check it out.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    The second greatest COD ever made the story was good the guns were good the maps were fun it was a great game but there was no sprinting and the game gets a tad clunky at times
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    Call of Duty 2 is a very addictive game, if you like these WW2 weapons more than all those modern high-tech stuff this game is great, The rifle only servers in the multiplayer can keep you going for ages.

I've been playing this game since 2005 and have played over 4000 hours now.
  10. Oct 27, 2012
    I've wanted this game since 2007 but now that I've finally got round to playing 7 years after its release, I can confirm that it is a great game. It comes as no surprise that it was once the most played game on Xbox LIVE. Controls are solid, sensitivity options are good, iron sights have perfect balance between zoom and field of view. Guns are satisfying and have nice weighty recoil. Graphics are better than World at War in terms of facial detail and environments and lighting. Multiplayer is very simple because you just pick the weapons available to your team. Very balanced between bolt actions, rifles and SMGs. Headshots are insta-kill too. This game also has 4 player split-screen and system link for LAN parties. The campaign is long but fairly decent. It lacks the immersion and movie-like feel of CoD4 or MW2, but for the time I can imagine it was solid. The 13 achievements totalling 1000G can all be gotten by completing the campaign on Veteran difficulty, which again is not too hard but not easy like MW2 and MW3. Checkpoints are frequent enough to help you too. However, the game can save at awkward points leading to your death over and over so you have to bear that in mind before running in. Smoke often leads to frame rate drops, and is frequently used in the campaign, but given that it runs at a smooth 60 FPS it's not too much of an issue. Overall a great game which really set down the foundations for the most revolutionary shooter of this generation;- Call of Duty 4. Expand
  11. May 13, 2012
    This game is really really really really good. I think this is good and excellent graphics. But the bad thing is that the price is too low. It needs to get higher. Because it is better than the oh so famous and stupid MW3. Thank you for your time.
  12. Oct 26, 2012
    Still the best Second World War first person shooter I have ever played!
    Unfortunately, although the graphics in Call of Duty 3 were superficially better, it was glitchy and the game play was not as good.
  13. Jun 25, 2013
    Awe-inspiring visuals and sound, brilliantly high-octane gameplay, and a beautiful sense of simplicity highlight "Call Of Duty 2," Infinity Ward's perfect farewell to the WWII shooter genre.
  14. Feb 8, 2013
    Meh, single player was alright. Its multiplayer is probably the 2nd best in terms of CoD games so far, hillariously. It only lacks the multiplayer rpg features of cod4.
  15. AWG
    Jul 27, 2013
    A 2006 FPS that still looks and sounds beautiful in 2013? That's enough to describe how awesome the second installment of the Call of Duty saga was, and still is. Vasiliiiiiii!!!!
  16. Dec 25, 2013
    The sequel in the series Call Of Duty is far better than my expectations. With 3 separate campaigns (Russian, British and American) and over 30 missions in total, outstanding variety of weapons for you to select, and enemy AIs being a lot more brilliant fighting with strategies, I' sure you certainly will not be disappointed.
  17. Jan 11, 2014
    This game has stood the test of time, I still think back to the Normandy beach landing and making my way through the trenches 8 years on. This was truly the last great Call of Duty with an immersive single player campaign. The Normandy beach landing was COD at it's best and is the best setting to show off there skills of an action packed scene of bullets and explosions, this was gaming's Saving Private Ryan. If your after a great WWII game this is the best and most memorable I have played. Expand
  18. Feb 24, 2014
    If you've already played the first game, then you know what to expect with this game. First off, the campaign once features 3 playable factions, Marines, UK, and Soviet Union. Also, unlike the first one, you no longer have a health bar, your health regenerates instead, making a little bit easier than the first. Overall, a great campaign. The mulitplayer on the other hand is pretty much the same as the first, except your teammates can't kill you and there is one less mode then the first. But the game runs at a consistent 60 FPS, and has major improvement and much better graphics than the first. Overall, superb game, 9.5/10. Expand
  19. Mar 18, 2011

1. The definitive, most universally appealing WWII title ever made. It's not that the game does anything more or less than its digital brothers in arms, far from it, but instead it strips the genre down to the bare essentials and this turns it into one of the most pure shooters we've seen for some time.
    A freakin' work of art. It is, without a doubt, the best-looking console game to date, and the most psychotically intense World War II shooter to boot.
  3. Almost everything that makes the PC version one of the year's best shooters remains intact on the Xbox 360 version of the game, which looks just as good and actually runs smoother than all but the most beastly of gaming PCs.