6.5

1. Daniel
    Jan 16, 2007
    If it aint broke don't fix it! COD2 was probably my favorite game of all time; but this is a buggy, soulless version of it. A lot of the same guns are back but they just feel really different. It's hard to describe, but they're harder to use effectively (especially the snipers) and some are just plain stupidly annoying. Vehicles handle like crap and reek of gimmicky-ness. If it aint broke don't fix it! COD2 was probably my favorite game of all time; but this is a buggy, soulless version of it. A lot of the same guns are back but they just feel really different. It's hard to describe, but they're harder to use effectively (especially the snipers) and some are just plain stupidly annoying. Vehicles handle like crap and reek of gimmicky-ness. Multiplayer (which was insanely addictive in COD2) is a major disappointment. 24 player matches sound cool in theory, until you realize you get shot and killed about every three seconds and have to wait ages to get back in a game where you will probably get killed again really soon. Levels are too damn big and lifeless. Just a major disappointment. Expand
  2. Matthewohlsheskie
    Jan 27, 2007
    its unbelivealbe how a game like this causes damage in life....My cousin came ot my house for my dads b-day...my cousin is 8 years old and likes video games....so anyways i went to rent a game with him and he pointed out call of duty 3...we went back to my house and played it and then the party started (i got a blow job) and my cousin came in the room my dad was in and scremed awww thoeseits unbelivealbe how a game like this causes damage in life....My cousin came ot my house for my dads b-day...my cousin is 8 years old and likes video games....so anyways i went to rent a game with him and he pointed out call of duty 3...we went back to my house and played it and then the party started (i got a blow job) and my cousin came in the room my dad was in and scremed awww thoese f***ing natzys...fire in the hole b****s...anyways great gamplay and great graphics Expand
  3. Buddy
    May 22, 2009
    Could have been a good game. But things like: 1. Having the cutscenes start up - no matter where you are in the level - when you first load the game is retarded. 2. Having to watch the cutscenes (no way to click out of them) is retarded. 3. The friendly AI is retarded. 4. Allowing the enemy AI to lean, but not giving the player that option is retarded. 5. Having to completely expose Could have been a good game. But things like: 1. Having the cutscenes start up - no matter where you are in the level - when you first load the game is retarded. 2. Having to watch the cutscenes (no way to click out of them) is retarded. 3. The friendly AI is retarded. 4. Allowing the enemy AI to lean, but not giving the player that option is retarded. 5. Having to completely expose yourself in order to throw a nade is retarded. 6. The friendly AI is REALLY retarded. and finally, 7. The most completely asinine, retarded spacing of checkpoints EVER is completely friggin' retarded. I won't ever buy another Call of Duty game. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    Nickels? Really? Who would call their child Nickels? I'm come on! That name wrecked the game play for me and I couldn't focus to killing anything because that guy's name was Nickels. And how can you have a good arm if your name is Nickels? I don't like that name very much.
  5. Apr 14, 2012
    It's horrible in my oppinon and I can tell you. The campaign's crap as hell and needed work. And the multiplayer was was even worse with messed up combat and broken guns. Campaign 4/10 Multiplayer 2/10 COD 3 4.2/10
  6. Nov 28, 2012
    This game sucked the tanks are too overpowered the maps sucked ppl can drop shot with their eyes closed this game sucked it was aweful it sucked dont get it
  7. Jan 16, 2014
    I know I have played and completed this game I cannot remember a thing about it, it only earns a 2 because It must have been engaging enough to play through to the end. Overall the only thing I can say is that it's not as memorable as COD 2 or Modern Warfare, the gameplay is same old just without anything that stands out like in the previously mentioned COD titles.
  8. KalleP.
    May 9, 2007
    The most fustrating game EVER!!!! the way it's made hard is just stupid!!!
  9. JamesLee
    Nov 10, 2006
    COD 1 10 COD2 10 COD3 4 this game is awful its like a different game under the same name spoils everything infinity ward worked for apalling
  10. Devin
    Nov 8, 2006
    Fatally flawed and infuriating. Treyarch has, for some reason, found it fit to handicap every weapon in Call of Duty to the point where every single one of them is rendered nearly completely impotent and useless. Kickback and reload times have been increased to maddening levels, rendering competative splitscreen play almost devoid of fun. Small objects in the terrain now hold soldiers Fatally flawed and infuriating. Treyarch has, for some reason, found it fit to handicap every weapon in Call of Duty to the point where every single one of them is rendered nearly completely impotent and useless. Kickback and reload times have been increased to maddening levels, rendering competative splitscreen play almost devoid of fun. Small objects in the terrain now hold soldiers back to a ridiculous degree: getting out of trenches that are dug less than a foot deep can become very difficult. Additionally, the levels have been made insanely large, leaving no skirmish boards ideal for splitscreen play with one's friends. Lack of variety in the levels leads to boredom, and lack of functionality in the guns (though it may have been for the sake of "realism") makes the task of hunting down an enemy an arduous task. Vehicles are also almost completely worthless in splitscreen competative play. The controls are awkward and clunky to an extent that even stepping behind the wheel is tantamount to suicide. In short, Treyarch has taken my favorite multiplayer party game and systematically destroyed nearly every element that made the game fun. Avoid like the plague if you enjoy playing with your friends. Expand
  11. ArthurO.
    Dec 20, 2006
    With the amount of quality games that recently came out, there truly is no reason for anyone to pick this up. My usual success in buying games failed the worst ever with this purchase. All starts out well as the game impresses with graphics that are the best I have seen on 360. Then the frantic firefight it drops you in the middle of in campaign is something out of a cinamatic With the amount of quality games that recently came out, there truly is no reason for anyone to pick this up. My usual success in buying games failed the worst ever with this purchase. All starts out well as the game impresses with graphics that are the best I have seen on 360. Then the frantic firefight it drops you in the middle of in campaign is something out of a cinamatic masterpiece. The problems start shortly thereafter. Once the pace starts to slow down, it is obvious just how bad the controls are. The control issues seem even worse after you boot up Live. It isn't that the controls are glitchy or unresponsive; it is just that with the way recent shooters have raised the level of detail in controls, you are left expecting so much more. I actually booted up a copy of Halo 2 after trying out the Live combat as realized that it even seemed watered down compared to that. I strongly urge anyone tempted in this title to not waste their money as I admittedly did; look towards other, far better shooters that have been recently released. I would strongly recommend Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears of War is very competent as well. Stay clear of this poorly controlling shooter. Expand
  12. RamiK.
    May 15, 2007
    Scripted sh.t with some many stupid bugs!
  13. JohanA.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Unskippable cutscenes that you have to watch everytime you load, silly scripted close encounter sequences that doesn't add anything fun and AI buddies that offer no help at all. Very frustrating game.
  14. WarEagle
    Mar 12, 2009
    Horrible AI. Friendly AI stands in your way and fire in the air. Enemy AI can track you through smoke, brick walls, and can kill you even when you are completely prone hiding behind three walls and completely out of line of sight. Won't ever buy a Call of Duty game again.
  15. BrandonP.
    Dec 1, 2006
    My real rating would have been a 6 but have to balance out the equation simply because people do not know how to correctly score a game that they gave so many negative remarks about. The graphics improved WOW Everything else is shit.
  16. SeniorAwesome
    Nov 27, 2008
    Overallm this game is pretty awful. The characters are stupid and no one cares about them, the campaign is boring and repetitive, and the multiplayer is really weak compared to Cod 2. There are a few cool scripted moments, but thats about it. and the close encounter things with germans are absolutley ridiculous.

1. While the [single-player] combat is still brilliant and it looks a lot better, the unskippable cutscenes, unvaried locations, irritating characters and mini-games all really grate. However, adding in the much improved multiplayer with a variety of cool vehicles, Treyarch has really rounded off Infinity Ward's vision. [Dec 2006, p.90]
  2. The scope for large online battles and some great fun action in the single-player mode make this a worthwhile purchase. Fans of "Call of Duty 2" will really have a lot of fun with it. But Call of Duty 3 could have and should have, been better than this.
    Treyarch and Activision have done an great job with COD3 and created an experience that is at once much the same, but also better, than its predecessor.